PDA

View Full Version : Maroney >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hillis

Dedhed
10-10-2010, 01:13 PM
In another hideously short sighted and moronic thread in the theme of every other Hillis thread on this board I offer this:

Hillis=2.8yds/carry
Maroney=4.5yds/ carry

At least now we can end the debate that Hillis is the would be savior of this offense.

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/7/9/1/0/i_like_where_thread_going3.jpg

UberBroncoMan
10-10-2010, 01:24 PM
In another hideously short sighted and moronic thread in the theme of every other Hillis thread on this board I offer this:

Hillis=2.8yds/carry
Maroney=4.5yds/ carry

At least now we can end the debate that Hillis is the would be savior of this offense.

Seems you forgot RB's can catch balls.

Hillis had 4 catches for 49 yards and the ONLY TD Cleavland had today.

WABronco
10-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Rise above the stupid, lest you become stupid as well.

TOO LATE

Broncos4tw
10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Who cares about Hillis?

And Baloney sucks..

Dedhed
10-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Seems you forgot RB's can catch balls.

Oh, well in that case, Moreno>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hillis

Dedhed
10-10-2010, 01:29 PM
TOO LATE
Speaking for yourself, I assume?

bpc
10-10-2010, 01:31 PM
McD Apologists were just waiting for a down week in production to gloat?

Jesus.

Is there any question why there is so much animosity on this board? It's started by threads like this.

As it is, Hillis still had around 80 total yards and a TD which is about 50 yds better than anything we had in our backfield today.

Sad.

UberBroncoMan
Oh, well in that case, Moreno>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hillis

Except for the fact Hillis has double Moreno's receiving yards this year, and 45 of Moreno's 71 came on that big screen.

TheReverend
Seems like people go out of their to way to embrace ignorance lately.

txtebow
Hillis had 100+ yards against this same Ravens D AND HE SCORED A TD IN HIS 4TH STRAIGHT GAME...........NOTHING SHORT SIGHTED ABOUT IT MORON.

WABronco
10-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Speaking for yourself, I assume?

Why would you make that assumption? I don't see it.

Continue bickering with retards.

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 01:32 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:TpdJZJapNb2l5M:http://24ahead.com/images/get-a-brain-morans.jpg&t=1

ColoradoDarin
10-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Brown was pretty bad today too, for all the people pining over our backup RBs.

Maroney was alright until we had to go pass only.

Dedhed
10-10-2010, 01:33 PM

Yes, yes they do!

Dedhed
10-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Why would you make that assumption? I don't see it.

Continue bickering with retards.

I seem to see you bickering in this thread, no?

Dedhed
10-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Except for the fact Hillis has double Moreno's receiving yards this year, and 45 of Moreno's 71 came on that big screen.

I thought it was all about avg/touch though?

WABronco
10-10-2010, 02:24 PM
I seem to see you bickering in this thread, no?

Am I? I've tried to ease up on the "bickering with retards" recently. My apologies.

Taco John
10-10-2010, 02:29 PM

I see through this. You're just trying to get a hug outta someone... ;)

mhgaffney
10-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I watched Hillis make an unbelievable over the shoulder fingertip catch for a TD today.

This voids the thread.

Hillis is making big plays. Excuse me but isn't this what the game is about?

The Hillis for Quinn trade will haunt us all season.

go_broncos
10-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I watched Hillis make an unbelievable over the shoulder fingertip catch for a TD today.

This voids the thread.

If Mcd didn't fix the running game by end of this season, bowlen might look for other options.

Bronkota
10-10-2010, 02:53 PM

This voids the thread.

Maybe embarrass the franchise forever.

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 03:04 PM

Brownsforum.com
Dawgpound.com

colonelbeef
10-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Rise above the stupid, lest you become stupid as well.

TOO LATE

:giggle:

LongDongJohnson
10-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Hillis had 100+ yards against this same Ravens D AND HE SCORED A TD IN HIS 4TH STRAIGHT GAME...........NOTHING SHORT SIGHTED ABOUT IT MORON.
if we had the browns offensive line maybe we could actually move the ball on the ground and maroney wouldnt look like dog crap.

if hillis was starting in denver do you honestly think he would be averaging over 3 yards per carry?

Our offensive line is the worst in the NFL and they allow 5 defenders in the backfield before the qb can even get the handoff.

Hillis is lucky that he got traded away from denver. he's in a perfect situation with the browns.

TotallyScrewed
10-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I see through this. You're just trying to get a hug outta someone... ;)

That was funny, but unfortunately, +/- 90% of the readers don't get it. Why so serious?!?! (for so many).

Rev. is right though.

Gutless Drunk
10-10-2010, 08:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Peyton-Hillis-continues-TD-streak-with-ri?urn=nfl-275885

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81b33341/Beauty-from-the-beast

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
+1 on the yahoo page Gutless!

Arkie
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I should make this its own thread.

If McDaniels would just admit his mistake it would be a non-issue here on the Orange Mane.

Q: Is (Josh) McDaniels — of whom I am becoming a real fan — confident enough and human enough to express some doubt, or remorse, about some of his moves? I think the Cutler trade ended up looking pretty smart now and Marshall is hardly missed. But his animosity toward Peyton Hillis has to look idiotic at this point. Hillis is moving mountains in a much more physical division, while Knowshon Moreno and Co. are averaging, what is it, 2.3 yards a carry?

A: Dileep, you've raised a point that has struck a chord with many folks. There is a belief, from you as well, that if McDaniels simply smiled and said "Wow, Peyton's doing well. I think he could help any team, but player evaluation is a difficult process and you can make mistakes, so you do what you think is best at the time — and I think I made the best decision at the time " that people would let the Hillis deal go.
But McDaniels has not said anything close to that, and perhaps that's what people want to hear in all of this.
The subtext to all of this is that Mike Shanahan and current Browns coach Eric Mangini didn't see Hillis as a team's primary runner either and didn't insert him into that role until injuries forced each of them to do it. So, McDaniels does have some company on that evaluation of Hillis purely as a player.
In the big picture, there is a school of thought in crisis management public relations that you should hemorrhage instead of bleed to death slowly when publicly dealing with a difficult situation — that you get out in front of things, admit the mistake in very clear language as quickly as possible, and try to move on from that point, instead of it being an issue where people keep pursuing the "straight answer."
Shanahan improved at this as his career wore on, no better perhaps than the day he cut Maurice Clarett before the troubled running back had even played a down. Shanahan admitted it was a mistake to use a third-round draft pick and that was that.
He was rarely asked about it again. However, many of Shanahan's friends believe it would have been a far more difficult thing for him to do earlier in his career.
McDaniels has admitted to mistakes in game management, play calls and things like that, but he hasn't really crossed that bridge in personnel.
The other factor is, no matter the evidence four games into a season, McDaniels may simply believe he'll be proven right over time and that he was right when he traded Hillis or didn't use him in short-yardage situations last season.
I do know this: if he honestly doesn't believe he was wrong, he's not simply going to say he was wrong just to appease people.

Letting Hillis go was a mistake that Josh can't admit.

HAT
10-10-2010, 08:33 PM

Absolute.

Bronco Yoda
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
That was a great one handed catch Hillis made for the TD. Imagine that.... a RB that can catch the ball.

Pony Boy
10-10-2010, 08:50 PM
That was a great one handed catch Hillis made for the TD. Imagine that.... a RB that can catch the ball.

Yep, it's just amazing how Cleveland can dumb down their offence enough for Hillis to get 20 yards down the field on that TD.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
I should make this its own thread.

If McDaniels would just admit his mistake it would be a non-issue here on the Orange Mane.

Q: Is (Josh) McDaniels — of whom I am becoming a real fan — confident enough and human enough to express some doubt, or remorse, about some of his moves? I think the Cutler trade ended up looking pretty smart now and Marshall is hardly missed. But his animosity toward Peyton Hillis has to look idiotic at this point. Hillis is moving mountains in a much more physical division, while Knowshon Moreno and Co. are averaging, what is it, 2.3 yards a carry?

A: Dileep, you've raised a point that has struck a chord with many folks. There is a belief, from you as well, that if McDaniels simply smiled and said "Wow, Peyton's doing well. I think he could help any team, but player evaluation is a difficult process and you can make mistakes, so you do what you think is best at the time — and I think I made the best decision at the time " that people would let the Hillis deal go.
But McDaniels has not said anything close to that, and perhaps that's what people want to hear in all of this.
The subtext to all of this is that Mike Shanahan and current Browns coach Eric Mangini didn't see Hillis as a team's primary runner either and didn't insert him into that role until injuries forced each of them to do it. So, McDaniels does have some company on that evaluation of Hillis purely as a player.
In the big picture, there is a school of thought in crisis management public relations that you should hemorrhage instead of bleed to death slowly when publicly dealing with a difficult situation — that you get out in front of things, admit the mistake in very clear language as quickly as possible, and try to move on from that point, instead of it being an issue where people keep pursuing the "straight answer."
Shanahan improved at this as his career wore on, no better perhaps than the day he cut Maurice Clarett before the troubled running back had even played a down. Shanahan admitted it was a mistake to use a third-round draft pick and that was that.
He was rarely asked about it again. However, many of Shanahan's friends believe it would have been a far more difficult thing for him to do earlier in his career.
McDaniels has admitted to mistakes in game management, play calls and things like that, but he hasn't really crossed that bridge in personnel.
The other factor is, no matter the evidence four games into a season, McDaniels may simply believe he'll be proven right over time and that he was right when he traded Hillis or didn't use him in short-yardage situations last season.
I do know this: if he honestly doesn't believe he was wrong, he's not simply going to say he was wrong just to appease people.

Letting Hillis go was a mistake that Josh can't admit.

Arkie...a very well written post! McDaniels has an arrogance about him that won't let him admit mistakes. Its a big person to admit mistakes and that is something I hope he learns as it makes things difficult, especially with the media! While I have a hard time accepting McDaniels as a good coach, which in the future he may prove me wrong, but one thing I do know....he is not a good talent evaluator! Very little impact players in the 2010 draft and things don't look good for the future either.
Either way....very well stated Arkie!

HAT
10-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Yep, it's just amazing how Cleveland can dumb down their offence enough for Hill to get 20 yards down the field on that TD.

Go Cleveland....It's your birthday.

No Offence.

wandlc
10-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Plus Hillis played hurt today.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Hillis always played hurt...as it stands now, it couldn't hurt to have him on our team as he might be valuable in short yardage situations...in which the Broncos suck!
I know he could be more valuable than Brady Quinn!!!

NUB
10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't know why McDaniels didn't keep Hillis around. He is a solid pass catcher but McDaniels forced him into being a pure fullback. I guess trading him isn't so bad if he doesn't fit the system, but the real issue is not that we lost Hillis, but that we gained Quinn in return.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Unfortunately, none of the other RB's the Broncos have seem to fit into the system!

Pony Boy
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
It was a nice catch

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xeMvlvBLTko?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xeMvlvBLTko?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

broncocalijohn
10-10-2010, 09:52 PM
or embrace blow up lobsters but who is counting?

scttgrd
10-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately, none of the other RB's the Broncos have seem to fit into the system!

I would like to think the hallmark of a great coach was to get the most out of the players you have. Not expect something that is not there, I see Moreno has had little to no success in this system. Yet he still keeps getting chances. Well when he is healthy, if he ever gets healthy and on the field.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 10:04 PM
When your team is 4-11 in the last 15 games, you might want to reconsider your "system!" Orton is not Tom Brady and never will be! Arrogance is a beautiful thing!

tnedator
10-10-2010, 10:17 PM

This voids the thread.

Also, he was playing with a thigh injury and limping following every play.

HAT
10-10-2010, 10:20 PM
When your team is 4-11 in the last 15 games, you might want to reconsider your "system!" Orton is not Tom Brady and never will be! Arrogance is a beautiful thing!

Jets are 25-27 in the last 52.

Can you go back to lurking?

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Who cares what they did in the past? I seem to remember watching them in the AFC Championship game last year! They actually made the PLAYOFFS!

The Broncos are 25-28 in their last 53...what's your point?

bpc
10-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Wait, Hillis can catch too? I thought he could only rush with the football according to McD.

go_broncos
10-11-2010, 04:45 AM
Jets are 25-27 in the last 52.

Can you go back to lurking?

what is their record with the new coach?..

Beantown Bronco
10-11-2010, 07:25 AM

This isn't entirely accurate. We all know that it was made clear at the time the pick was made that it was Bobby Turner that lobbied hard for the pick and Shanny seemingly only went along with it as a favor to him for all the superior work he had done with RBs previously. So for him to admit a mistake was easy, because it wasn't really his mistake.

Missouribronc
10-11-2010, 07:28 AM
what is their record with the new coach?..

12-8

People seem not to remember that they were 9-7 last year. They weren't 12-4.

zdoor
10-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Moronic thread. I'd take any slew of backs over MAroney who we gave up a pick for. Hillis is most definitely better, and so are 95% of the backs in the league. And yeah our line isn't opening holes, but that guy may have the worst vision I've ever watched.

Missouribronc
10-11-2010, 07:31 AM
I like how he fumbled on his second carry of the game, and then botched a handoff on the goalline later in the game and got lucky and got it back.

Missouribronc
10-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Moronic thread. I'd take any slew of backs over MAroney who we gave up a pick for. Hillis is most definitely better, and so are 95% of the backs in the league. And yeah our line isn't opening holes, but that guy may have the worst vision I've ever watched.

Maroney and a Sixth for a Fourth.

go_broncos
10-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Maroney>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hillis in dancing..

Bronkota
10-11-2010, 07:49 AM
I like how he fumbled on his second carry of the game, and then botched a handoff on the goalline later in the game and got lucky and got it back.

I like how you make stuff up. The qb botched the snap on the goalline play.

Taco John
10-11-2010, 08:46 AM
It was a nice catch

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xeMvlvBLTko?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xeMvlvBLTko?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

What an incredible grab. It makes me sick.

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2010, 08:48 AM
go watch the Browns TJ, if it makes you feel better...

Taco John
10-11-2010, 08:50 AM

Who cares? I'll take little erros like that when you have a guy like Hillis who makes up for them with huge runs that blow up linebackers and amazing grabs like we just saw.

The guy is a flat out five tool player and clearly a differencemaker. He does everything you can ask a runningback to do. The Browns have a long way to go to build a competitive team right now, but Peyton Hillis is installing a toughness into that lockerroom that this one is missing.

Taco John
10-11-2010, 08:52 AM
go watch the Browns TJ, if it makes you feel better...

I do when the Broncos aren't playing. I have the RedZone channel.

It doesn't make me feel any better to see guys who could have helped our team win games while our team loses them.

Missouribronc
10-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Who cares? I'll take little erros like that when you have a guy like Hillis who makes up for them with huge runs that blow up linebackers and amazing grabs like we just saw.

The guy is a flat out five tool player and clearly a differencemaker. He does everything you can ask a runningback to do. The Browns have a long way to go to build a competitive team right now, but Peyton Hillis is installing a toughness into that lockerroom that this one is missing.

And for every linebacker he runs over, and all of these "incredible" plays that the guy makes, when (or if) the Browns ever become competitive, its likely he's not the starting running back - because of all the errors. For whatever reason, the guy can't win starting jobs, so he probably doesn't practice hard, and he sucks in pass pro and he fumbles.

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2010, 08:58 AM
I do when the Broncos aren't playing. I have the RedZone channel.

It doesn't make me feel any better to see guys who could have helped our team win games while our team loses them.

you sound like a broken record. Hillis could do little to nothing behind this oline. I understand you wanted Hillis to remain a Bronco, but to bring that remorse here is complete self indulgent BS.

In fact, why don't you start a thread dedicated to Hillis, and pen it up right above the McKinley thread?

After all, it's your board and you love to wallow in misery...

Rabb
10-11-2010, 09:10 AM
this sounds about like the Cutler apologists

so are the Browns 1-4 in spite of Hillis?

Dagmar
10-11-2010, 09:11 AM
you sound like a broken record. Hillis could do little to nothing behind this oline. I understand you wanted Hillis to remain a Bronco, but to bring that remorse here is complete self indulgent BS.

In fact, why don't you start a thread dedicated to Hillis, and pen it up right above the McKinley thread?

At this point it would make sense.

1. Why is the McKinley thing still stickied? It is depressing.

2. Seriously, why not have a stickied "former Broncos" thread? 10 new Hillis threads every week is tiresome to most posters especially those losing beer.

Taco John
10-11-2010, 09:15 AM

I'm confused? Why are you in this thread? It's not like you clicked in here and were ambushed by Hillis discussion. It's right there in the thread title.

You've got sour grapes man, and what's worse, you come searching for them, and then complain about how sour they taste when you get them.

I like Hillis. He was our guy. We gave him up for next to nothing. I'm a little bitter about it. This thread is a good place to vent that bitterness. If you don't like it, you can go to the Broncos forum where no one vents about what a stupid mistake it was to let such a talented player get away. Well, except for the fact that such a fantasy land doesn't exist. But if it did... You could go there. Or you could do yourself one better and not click on threads with the word "Hillis" in them.

Taco John
10-11-2010, 09:19 AM
so are the Browns 1-4 in spite of Hillis?

Yes. It's not because of Hillis. That guy is the best thing they have going for them right now.

They're not too far off actually. Their passing game is pretty flat. They struggle to press the field, and so teams are able to stack the box on them and limit their runners. Their defense is only giving up 19 points a game. If they could get that passing attack into the second level, they'd be a formidable team.

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm confused? Why are you in this thread? It's not like you clicked in here and were ambushed by Hillis discussion. It's right there in the thread title.

You've got sour grapes man, and what's worse, you come searching for them, and then complain about how sour they taste when you get them.

I like Hillis. He was our guy. We gave him up for next to nothing. I'm a little bitter about it. This thread is a good place to vent that bitterness. If you don't like it, you can go to the Broncos forum where no one vents about what a stupid mistake it was to let such a talented player get away. Well, except for the fact that such a fantasy land doesn't exist. But if it did... You could go there. Or you could do yourself one better and not click on threads with the word "Hillis" in them.

The thing is TJ, this board is all about venting, and little else, and it starts at the top, it starts with you and the moderators.

If it's simply a traffic thing for your board, fine, just admit it. Come out and say "this board needs as much traffic as possible and negative posts generate more traffic therefore I'm going to tacitly endorse all negativism for my bottom line"

Just say it, don't be a hypocrit.

I know you use freedom of posting as an excuse to coddle all the negative nancies, and that's fine, but you should just admit that the Omane is not a site for Bronco fans, you can end the charade about the endless tailgating party BS.

:peace:

Taco John
10-11-2010, 09:30 AM
That's a pretty odd post. All forums are about venting. Go ahead and look at any NFL football forum on the entire internet. Find the the one that is about nothing but cheering and slapping eachother on the back, and post a link here. I'd love to see this utopia.

This board doesn't need "as much traffic as possible." We already go over monthly quota and I pay out of my pocket for it.

If you don't like this forum, there is a log-out button.

Dagmar
10-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Man you're in a mood...

go_broncos
10-11-2010, 09:43 AM

don't want to watch it...
He is our man..Can't forgive Mcd for this mistake.
It makes me more sad when i think of what we got in return.
Some Posters here are showing frustration on people that criticize Mcd.
If you are a bronco fan..you really need to worry about the direction of this team.

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2010, 09:49 AM
That's a pretty odd post. All forums are about venting. Go ahead and look at any NFL football forum on the entire internet. Find the the one that is about nothing but cheering and slapping eachother on the back, and post a link here. I'd love to see this utopia.

This board doesn't need "as much traffic as possible." We already go over monthly quota and I pay out of my pocket for it.

If you don't like this forum, there is a log-out button.

I like what this forum used to be and I'd like it to get back there... but you're right, I should go check out some of the other forums, after all, you are promoting other sites instead of your own, talk about twisted...

and, since you asked:

http://www.ravens24x7.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

there's no way the above board would allow the type of criticism that goes on here. I know because I had to register there a few years ago when we did that "go to another forum and start a rumor" thing. They have very strick do's and don'ts. Sure, there team is winning and most of the stuff is very positive, but still, you can ony go so far with criticizing the team.

We both know every board is moderated differently and it's really subjective. But still... some common sense is involved.

go_broncos
10-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Just go to their board after they lose a game..you will know..
I believe last year, they want Flacco to be cut.
As Taco said, if you want only good things about Mcd..this is not the site for you.
Also, you need to question the poster that started this thread..
There is no need for him to start these type of threads..
In fact, these type of threads are started by Mcd lovers..

Rabb
10-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I haven't been around as long as Tombstone, but I do agree it's a different place and although I know I will get the "you are free to leave" thing, it's not a place I really enjoy coming to any longer like I once did. I actually joined when I was not in Colorado. I am from here, but worked in Florida and South Carolina for a few years and wanted to stay up with the Broncos and other Bronco fans.

I found the Mane and loved it. Over the past 2 years, and I would say specifically the last year it has become a shadow of it's former self from what I remember. I mean, go look at the front page...how many threads are about former players instead of the game we just played? I get that we follow people we used to have, but it's a downright sick obsession at this point and this board is completely divided.

I think I could personally handle the division but it's the trolls that do nothing...and I mean nothing...but bait and fuel arguments. Yes I know, we can ignore people. And yes, I know...we can also not read posts. It's just not a fun community anymore, and is really about arguing and really a mockery at this point. I don't expect TJ or the mods to just ban people trolling, but there should be some rules. Otherwise, if I were a fan of the team that just found this board and was hoping to connect with some fans of the team I love the most to talk all things Broncos...I wouldn't stick around more than a week. I am proud as hell of my team no matter what happens and yeah, sometimes I am a little "pie in the sky" optimistic about things with them.

Unfortunately, getting to read about why we made mistakes by letting players go or hiring coaches in every thread, every day just takes the experience away and honestly makes me ashamed of what the Mane has become. But, just like with the team I am willing to be a little optimistic and hope it gets sorted out. Unfortunately TJ, you really do have an issue on your hands with the trolls. We could go undefeated and win the Super Bowl and they will be here, and ready to bait people and ruin the experience.

My .02, sorry to get all preachy and I know it's a little lame on my part to even be upset at a message board

lostknight
10-11-2010, 10:35 AM
this sounds about like the Cutler apologists

You know, it's pretty amusing how quickly this argument is being shifted. The anti-cutler folks liked pointing out all the time that Jay was a sucky quarterback despite his stellar numbers in a far less then pass-friendly Shanahan system because he couldn't win games.

Now we have Orton, who has stellar numbers, with a much more pass-friendly system, that surprise, can't win games.

rbackfactory80
10-11-2010, 10:40 AM
I haven't been around as long as Tombstone, but I do agree it's a different place and although I know I will get the "you are free to leave" thing, it's not a place I really enjoy coming to any longer like I once did. I actually joined when I was not in Colorado. I am from here, but worked in Florida and South Carolina for a few years and wanted to stay up with the Broncos and other Bronco fans.

I found the Mane and loved it. Over the past 2 years, and I would say specifically the last year it has become a shadow of it's former self from what I remember. I mean, go look at the front page...how many threads are about former players instead of the game we just played? I get that we follow people we used to have, but it's a downright sick obsession at this point and this board is completely divided.

I think I could personally handle the division but it's the trolls that do nothing...and I mean nothing...but bait and fuel arguments. Yes I know, we can ignore people. And yes, I know...we can also not read posts. It's just not a fun community anymore, and is really about arguing and really a mockery at this point. I don't expect TJ or the mods to just ban people trolling, but there should be some rules. Otherwise, if I were a fan of the team that just found this board and was hoping to connect with some fans of the team I love the most to talk all things Broncos...I wouldn't stick around more than a week. I am proud as hell of my team no matter what happens and yeah, sometimes I am a little "pie in the sky" optimistic about things with them.

Unfortunately, getting to read about why we made mistakes by letting players go or hiring coaches in every thread, every day just takes the experience away and honestly makes me ashamed of what the Mane has become. But, just like with the team I am willing to be a little optimistic and hope it gets sorted out. Unfortunately TJ, you really do have an issue on your hands with the trolls. We could go undefeated and win the Super Bowl and they will be here, and ready to bait people and ruin the experience.

My .02, sorry to get all preachy and I know it's a little lame on my part to even be upset at a message board

Fair post but I think many on here take what goes on too seriously. I can read all the usual suspects post and just not care what they say, and even laugh at the material. After losses I laugh at the usual breakdowns and find myself wondering what ridiculous threads will be posted on the mane. For the overall site there are mostly good posters and a handful of knuckleheads that for the most part have no idea what they are talking about. Like anything else though if you are seriously bothered maybe a break will refresh your website experience.

I only say this because I don't come here often during the off-season so when I come back to get the community's consensus I am not bothered by the wear and tear of all the bickering without the proof you get from watching the team on the field.

lostknight
10-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I think I could personally handle the division but it's the trolls that do nothing...and I mean nothing...but bait and fuel arguments. Yes I know, we can ignore people. And yes, I know...we can also not read posts. It's just not a fun community anymore, and is really about arguing and really a mockery at this point.

I'm sorry, but there is a little more then just a bit of a pot and kettle issue here. The McDaniels faction have made a point to question anyone's fanhood who dares to criticize the decisions that this franchise as made. Usually by using whatever homosexual slurs, insulting characterizations or whatever other feeble dribbles their mind comes up with.

Unfortunately, getting to read about why we made mistakes by letting players go or hiring coaches in every thread, every day just takes the experience away and honestly makes me ashamed of what the Mane has become.

Again, there are people who forced a "us versus them" mentality when McDaniels was fired. Now the barrel of the gun is pointed back at them as this franchise continues to struggle. It's not surprising that things have gotten nasty - it's been nasty - just not to the side you've expressed philosophical agreements with.

Do I think the current moderators need to re-examine their positions on personal attacks? Hell yes.

lostknight
10-11-2010, 10:47 AM

Taco,

Honestly, I read a number of other forums and blogs, including ones for the Rockies, Broncos and generally opponents boards before and after games. Almost always there are far less personal attacks there. That negativity has grown to the point that even completely stupidly obvious things like the Hillis debacle we are going through - results in people being or feeling attacked because of the insane rhetorical positions they have taken in the past, or people who need to attack because of the stupid positions they have taken in the past.

This community is on a path towards self-destruction.

Kaylore
10-11-2010, 10:57 AM
don't want to watch it...
He is our man..Can't forgive Mcd for this mistake.
It makes me more sad when i think of what we got in return.
Some Posters here are showing frustration on people that criticize Mcd.
If you are a bronco fan..you really need to worry about the direction of this team.

http://www.cirith-ennor.co.uk/denethor.jpg

mhgaffney
10-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Has McD ever shown that he can run the football?

I've posted this question several times -- and have yet to receive an answer. Pissing away obvious talent -- like Hillis -- is worrisome.

Is there any reason to be hopeful about the run game? Our dimensional passing attack is not going to win many games.

Rabb
10-11-2010, 11:23 AM

nah, he dances too much, doesn't hit the hole very quickly

Lev Vyvanse
10-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I've posted this question several times -- and have yet to receive an answer. Pissing away obvious talent -- like Hillis -- is worrisome.

Is there any reason to be hopeful about the run game? Our dimensional passing attack is not going to win many games.

Kind of:

2009 18th in rushing

2008 6th in rushing

2007 13th in rushing

2006 12th in rushing

Missouribronc
10-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Denver was 18th in the league last year.

His Patriots offenses were 6th, 13th and 12th. Total offense for those three years with the Patriots, they were 5th, 1st and 11th in those years.

Pony Boy
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
obvious things like the Hillis debacle we are going through - results in people being or feeling attacked because of the insane rhetorical positions they have taken in the past, or people who need to attack because of the stupid positions they have taken in the past.

Humm.... I see why they call you lostknight ;D

go_broncos
10-11-2010, 01:24 PM
http://www.cirith-ennor.co.uk/denethor.jpg

I don't why you keep posting the same picture when i talk about Hillis..

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
McD Apologists were just waiting for a down week in production to gloat?

Jesus.

Is there any question why there is so much animosity on this board? It's started by threads like this.

As it is, Hillis still had around 80 total yards and a TD which is about 50 yds better than anything we had in our backfield today.

Sad.
This

Taco John
10-11-2010, 01:28 PM
The sky always falls after a loss. And the Hillis phenomenon is a new one for us. We've never had this level of talent escape and show us up in the same way that Hillis is doing now. I'm not sure why someone would come into a Hillis thread and complain about Hillis discussion. But whatever. I'm not going to make bylaws that we can't discuss Hillis and we cannot offer criticisms of what is going on. I'll leave that to other forums if they want to operate like that. This one will allow for diversity of opinion, and like always the mood will ultimately be set by the team's win-loss record and people's belief in the direction the team is going.

tnedator
10-12-2010, 05:16 AM

He can leap tall buildings, too ---- well, at least Falcon's CB's.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTlzdhliw9g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTlzdhliw9g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

fontaine
10-12-2010, 06:09 AM

I don't really care about Hillis. He's no longer a Bronco and I'm far more concerned about improving our own running game. That being said though, Buckhalter/Maroney/Brown are at fault as well as the OL. Instead of wanting Hillis back here, I just wish that our RBs could run like this:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/10/01/scouting-corner-%e2%80%94-ravens-24-browns-17/

Cleveland HB Peyton Hillis — It’s rare in today’s game that you see a runner in the mold of Hillis and even more rare to see one leading a running attack. Hillis was given the honor with Browns short on running backs and didn’t disappoint. One of the first things that jumps out at you when you watch film of him is how fast and hard he hits the hole. Hillis is at full speed almost every time he hits the line of scrimmage. He’s got great vision in the backfield that allows him to read the blocking and find the lane quickly. Problem is if there is no lane, Hillis doesn’t have the lateral speed and agility to create runs or bounce outside. At times some he won’t allow his blocks to form either and will just hit the line. He has the unique ability to almost always pick up some sort of yardage for the sheer fact of his power once he gets going.

Peyton always will fall forward as well, which not all running backs will do regularly. A lot of credit this game goes to the offensive lines as they were sealing off blocks and giving him lanes to hit. A defense really needs to have their defensive tackles stand their ground in order to let their middle linebackers clog the holes so Hillis is limited to 2- and 3-yard gains.

------------------------

This is a problem because our current OL/RB coaches have shown me nothing to say that they can teach our RBs how to improve their skills. We used to have that guy in Bobby Turner who demanded, coached, and instilled a one cut decisive, hit the hole hard mentality that got the best out of limited players like Droughns etc.

It's embaressing to watch Lawrence Maroney run the football for this team. This guy flat out runs scared. Just go watch his running style. He runs with no forward lean, expects guys in the backfield and rarely committs to a hole and hits it full steam. The only time he has a low shoulder pad level is when he's falling down after being taken down by the first tackler.

If I had a wish, it wouldn't be that we would get Hillis back, it would be that we never traded a 4th round pick for a RB that runs likes a coward.

We could have really used that 4th round pick on a bruising FB, TE (since Quinns sucks a$$), G/C, power RB, an OLB/DE tweener etc etc.

The 2011 draft hasn't even begun and we've already busted on our 4th round pick.

Hilarious!

Taco John
10-12-2010, 09:13 AM
He can leap tall buildings, too ---- well, at least Falcon's CB's.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTlzdhliw9g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTlzdhliw9g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LOL!

Isn't that supposed to be Moreno's speciality?

broncocalijohn
10-12-2010, 10:55 AM
You know, it's pretty amusing how quickly this argument is being shifted. The anti-cutler folks liked pointing out all the time that Jay was a sucky quarterback despite his stellar numbers in a far less then pass-friendly Shanahan system because he couldn't win games.

Now we have Orton, who has stellar numbers, with a much more pass-friendly system, that surprise, can't win games.

Cutler threw interceptions to lose games; Orton doesnt.

As for those that are crying about a Hillis thread, WHY THE **** DID YOU COME INTO THIS THREAD IF YOU DONT LIKE HIM OR THE IDEA THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A FORMER PLAYER? If there was a Hillis jack in a thread, "How to beat the Jets" then I am with you. Let those that wish nothing but the best for Hillis and thought it was a horrible idea to get rid of him to have their say. Amazing how no one forces to open this thread with the word HILLIS right in the thread title. You know what it is about so dont open it. Bunch of retardos I guess.

Arkie
10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Leaping is Hillis's 6th tool! ;)

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20101010/capt.ac2013ee3c124994b2dc7a55b028cce3-ac2013ee3c124994b2dc7a55b028cce3-0.jpg?x=265&y=345&q=85&sig=me6sV8.Wykm1JIhWnM9MMQ--
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Hillis-Hurdle.jpg
http://www.shnock.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Peyton-Hillis2.jpg

tnedator
10-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Leaping is Hillis's 6th tool! ;)

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20101010/capt.ac2013ee3c124994b2dc7a55b028cce3-ac2013ee3c124994b2dc7a55b028cce3-0.jpg?x=265&y=345&q=85&sig=me6sV8.Wykm1JIhWnM9MMQ--
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Hillis-Hurdle.jpg
http://www.shnock.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Peyton-Hillis2.jpg

Hope you don't mind, but I have to borrow these pics to post elsewhere. I love these.

WolfpackGuy
10-12-2010, 05:05 PM
The 2011 draft hasn't even begun and we've already busted on our 4th round pick.
Hilarious!

Again, the Squawks have screwed the Broncos on a draft pick.

Indirectly this time though via the Branch to Pats trade...