PDA

View Full Version : favre's legacy

tsiguy96
10-10-2010, 06:50 AM
ive been thinking about this for the past day or so when i see a favre story (aka all the ****ing time). typically a long time after players have retired, lets call it 10 or 15 years, the bad stuff they did sorta wears off and they are remembered for how great they were. in that time range, is favre gonna be remembered for all his dramatic antics that he needed for the final 1/4 of his career? back to 2006 he played the "might/might not retire" card, and its gonna be there next year too, as long as his dick photos dont force a suspension, in which he would retire automatically.

just wondering what his long lasting legacy will be given that hes the most dramatic, attention whore QB that i can remember.

Mogulseeker
10-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Are the dick photos him? Also, he sounded pretty pathetic in those phone calls... must be the athlete in him not used to hearing no. Other guys actually develop personalities.

Also, you're right.... 20 or so years down the road, all will be forgiven. At least I hope so. I'm kinda surprised at the contempt people already have for him, so you never know.

That One Guy
10-10-2010, 07:03 AM
I think he'll always be remembered as the Gunslinger and the INT King. I don't this his legacy will be all that great as Peyton Manning will be right on his heals for all his records.

I kinda think of it as a Shannon Sharpe/Tony Gonzalez thing with the records. If Sharpe's had stood longer, he'd have even more prestige. Unfortunately, Gonzo was right on his heels and quickly erased him from most records. If you take away Favre's records (except his untouchable INTs), I think he doesn't have a great legacy outside GB. To GB, he'll always be everyone's hero.

TheReverend
10-10-2010, 08:29 AM
He'll be remembered for his durability, longevity and greatness. No one will give a **** about the rest.

gtown
10-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Just like with Joe Namath, there will be a website named SextingJenSterger.com. In fact, I should go register that now.

Steve Sewell
10-10-2010, 08:44 AM
He'll be remembered for padding stats 5 years after he *should have* retired.

gyldenlove
10-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Depends what happens next, if he kills someone he will be pariah for every, if he retires and is never heard from again (hopefully) he will be a hero, although he will always have an asterisk in Green Bay.

meangene
10-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I think he will be a Hall of Fame quarterback and the butt of jokes for years to come.

enjolras
10-10-2010, 09:38 AM
I really like Brett Favre. Always have. Nothing recently has really changed that for me. The guy just loves the game. He's one of the few people on earth that plays a professional sport with the same excitement and passion that a kid does.

I could care less about the off-the-field stuff, he's one of my favorite players to watch on Sunday's.

cutthemdown
10-10-2010, 09:49 AM
The dong stuff could hurt and make him a target for years.

Majik
10-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I really like Brett Favre. Always have. Nothing recently has really changed that for me. The guy just loves the game. He's one of the few people on earth that plays a professional sport with the same excitement and passion that a kid does.

I could care less about the off-the-field stuff, he's one of my favorite players to watch on Sunday's.

I hope you are being sarcastic. A guy who "just loves the game" doesn't need to be begged to come back every offseason. A guy who "just loves the game" doesn't want to skip training camp every offseason. A guy who "just loves the game" doesn't take 7 extra million from the vikings to come back.

TDmvp
10-10-2010, 10:33 AM
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1049/motivator06596212af2e87.jpg

Ramathorn
10-10-2010, 11:26 AM
:strong:ROFL!http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1049/motivator06596212af2e87.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-10-2010, 02:34 PM
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1049/motivator06596212af2e87.jpg

Hilarious!

Miss I.
10-10-2010, 02:51 PM
people's memories are short so he will be remembered as the beloved superbowl winning QB of the Green Bay Packers. If he actually wins something with the Vikings that might create a bit of tension, but who knows. it's weird because I think if Kurt Warner had won two superbowls with two teams people would've thought it was great, but Favre is so tied to the Packers, for him to win one with Vikings, a division rival would be different. But in all likelihood, all this stupid drama stuff won't really tarnish him too much in the end.

WABronco
10-10-2010, 03:23 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/brett-favre-wangler-jeans.jpg

WolfpackGuy
10-10-2010, 04:17 PM
In aggregate, threw more dumb passes than Plummer, but got so many more free passes.

At least most of Plummer's weren't backbreaking game clinchers for the other team...

bombay
10-10-2010, 04:38 PM
As an attention seeking jackass.

oubronco
10-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Favres legacy took a big hit when he had the farewell tour then cameback then retired again then cameback.....ect.

broncosteven
10-10-2010, 05:58 PM
I think he will be a Hall of Fame quarterback and the penis of jokes for years to come.

Fixed it for you!

gunns
10-10-2010, 06:37 PM

I see it differently. He loves the game for what it does for him. I've never seen him as a team player, it's all about him. If this latest saga is true, those phone messages sound just like him....never understanding that a girl wouldn't want to be with Brett Favre. Ala Mike Tyson. I'm loving the end of his career, wanting so badly to go out like Elway and having it blow up in his face. Blah.

Circle Orange
10-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Sad, pathetic...the man needs attention so badly you wonder if its a mental disorder. Will Dianna walk if this stuff is true? THey're gonna have a field day with this stuff tonight on the pregame shows.

And er...out of curiosity, I wonder what the "number" was, by measurement? Just sayin.' ;D

Miss I.
10-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Sad, pathetic...the man needs attention so badly you wonder if its a mental disorder. Will Dianna walk if this stuff is true? THey're gonna have a field day with this stuff tonight on the pregame shows.

And er...out of curiosity, I wonder what the "number" was, by measurement? Just sayin.' ;D

well take whatever "number" he claimed and divide it by at least 10 and that might be in the realm of reality. ;D

Drunk Monkey
10-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Well, had he known it was going to be viewed and scrutinized by millions he may have put a little more prep into the photo shoot.

uplink
10-11-2010, 07:48 PM
The inside scoop is that many are reassessing Favre now, word is he is not as big of a dick as some thought.

dsmoot
10-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I think he'll always be remembered as the Gunslinger and the INT King. I don't this his legacy will be all that great as Peyton Manning will be right on his heals for all his records.

I kinda think of it as a Shannon Sharpe/Tony Gonzalez thing with the records. If Sharpe's had stood longer, he'd have even more prestige. Unfortunately, Gonzo was right on his heels and quickly erased him from most records. If you take away Favre's records (except his untouchable INTs), I think he doesn't have a great legacy outside GB. To GB, he'll always be everyone's hero.

His taking care of the ball would have netted him maybe two more SB opportunities. He is more heartbreak than hero.

dsmoot
10-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I hope you are being sarcastic. A guy who "just loves the game" doesn't need to be begged to come back every offseason. A guy who "just loves the game" doesn't want to skip training camp every offseason. A guy who "just loves the game" doesn't take 7 extra million from the vikings to come back.

I know what you are saying, but the Vikings don't have to pay him.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-11-2010, 08:47 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/haters-gonna-hate-15.jpg

The NFL is better with Favre.