PDA

View Full Version : dont expect andre brown anytime soon

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 11:21 AM
just like he said last year about peyton hillis, he said brown is not the answer to the teams short yardage issues. maxdenver reported the quote.

this is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels. he stubbornly sticks with something that isnt working because it SHOULD work. its not! andre brown is a stud RB, very strong, and he will get the hillis treatment of 10 carries this year probably.

Dagmar
10-09-2010, 11:25 AM
link?

;)

oubronco
10-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I believe there are lanes and openings there, if Maroney would quit playing dancing with the stars and just hit it and go we would at least be adequate running the ball

Broncoman13
10-09-2010, 11:28 AM
The thing is tsi, you have to fix and work on your system. You can't abandon it. You work the issues and you focus your energy on being balanced and unpredictable. Right now, we struggle to run the ball. A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that it was time to try something different. But the more I think about it the more I believe you have to work to what you know. McD knows this scheme. You really can't expect him to scrap the scheme and go with something he doesn't know or isn't familiar with. As for Andre Brown, if he shows that he understands his assignments and is capable I'm willing to bet he'll get a shot. It's not like Buck or Maroney are world beaters and Brown isn't Hillis... not much to compare in that regard.

I do agree that I'd like to see what Brown can do. I hope he grasps the offense quickly and can get some opportunities... but if the blocking doesn't improve we're not gonna run the ball on anyone.

Drek
10-09-2010, 11:32 AM
just like he said last year about peyton hillis, he said brown is not the answer to the teams short yardage issues. maxdenver reported the quote.

this is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels. he stubbornly sticks with something that isnt working because it SHOULD work. its not! andre brown is a stud RB, very strong, and he will get the hillis treatment of 10 carries this year probably.

Andre Brown hasn't played a snap in a regular season NFL game to this point has he?

And he's only been with this team a few weeks, with no camp time to learn the system at all.

Picking him up is more of a long term developmental situation. I'm sure whenever he looks to be the best RB option in practice he'll get the nod, but right now he's likely a ways behind the curve on how the system is supposed to work. Why put him in now and set him up to fail.

oubronco
10-09-2010, 11:34 AM
The thing is tsi, you have to fix and work on your system. You can't abandon it. You work the issues and you focus your energy on being balanced and unpredictable. Right now, we struggle to run the ball. A few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that it was time to try something different. But the more I think about it the more I believe you have to work to what you know. McD knows this scheme. You really can't expect him to scrap the scheme and go with something he doesn't know or isn't familiar with. As for Andre Brown, if he shows that he understands his assignments and is capable I'm willing to bet he'll get a shot. It's not like Buck or Maroney are world beaters and Brown isn't Hillis... not much to compare in that regard.

I do agree that I'd like to see what Brown can do. I hope he grasps the offense quickly and can get some opportunities... but if the blocking doesn't improve we're not gonna run the ball on anyone.

I believe I read somewhere that Brown was getting reps with the first team this week so maybe he'll get a shot this week

long beach bronco
10-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I hope he gets a shot tomorrow, he looks like the real deal. Just hit the hole and go brother.

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 11:42 AM

im not talking about abandoning the scheme, im talking about i think the player running the ball has a bigger effect on yardage than they get credit for. just because he doesnt understand all the pass protections and reads that a RB in this system needs to know, doesnt mean he cant run the ball. exactly like hillis.

and yes, i know blocking is a big part, RBs are getting hit behind the line often. but not every run, and even on those runs, maroney dances left and right instead of just going.

oubronco
10-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I hope he gets a shot tomorrow, he looks like the real deal. Just hit the hole and go brother.

Thats right just hit the hole and go :strong:

_Oro_
10-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Lets put Cox back there and see if he can hit the hole.

crush17
10-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Lets put Cox back there and see if he can hit the hole.

http://captionsearch.com/pix/2rub7eoeem.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2010, 12:31 PM
If only there was a guy on the roster who could be used for goal-line / short yardage situations.... a guy who could run or pass.

long beach bronco
10-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I wonder is there such a guy out there that can do those things.

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2010, 12:37 PM
just like he said last year about peyton hillis, he said brown is not the answer to the teams short yardage issues. Maxdenver reported the quote.

This is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels. He stubbornly sticks with something that isnt working because it should work. Its not! Andre brown is a stud rb, very strong, and he will get the hillis treatment of 10 carries this year probably.

running back is not the ****ing problem.

Goobzilla
10-09-2010, 12:38 PM
If only there was a guy on the roster who could be used for goal-line / short yardage situations.... a guy who could run or pass.

Coach says that's a ridiculous question.

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 12:46 PM
running back is not the ****ing problem.

go watch the game, when there is a hole, maroney dances around for wahtever reason. just like he did at NE. want to see what NE fans think of maroney? that hes a ****ing dancer, not a running back.

oline run blocking is a bigger issue than running back because defenses consistently get pressure during running plays, but not always, and when the running back has an opportunity, he is not making use of it.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Coach says that's a ridiculous question.

Doc B says 0/5 redzone at home is likewise.

Dagmar
10-09-2010, 12:49 PM
He's a stud? Can we get proof of this tsiguy?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Andre Brown hasn't played a snap in a regular season NFL game to this point has he?

And he's only been with this team a few weeks, with no camp time to learn the system at all.

Picking him up is more of a long term developmental situation. I'm sure whenever he looks to be the best RB option in practice he'll get the nod, but right now he's likely a ways behind the curve on how the system is supposed to work. Why put him in now and set him up to fail.

But... brown is a stud. Tsi said so.

Dagmar
10-09-2010, 12:51 PM
The use of hyperbole in this place is out of control.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2010, 12:53 PM
The use of hyperbole in this place is out of control.

Truest words evar.

Jetmeck
10-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Brown doesn't need to be in there on third down if McDummy is concerned about blocking but he sure as hell could figure out how to run the ball and right now we need a sledgehammer on the goal line. This is simply stupid on McDs part for not using him.

But hell whats new, right ? Doesn't surprise me at all.

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 01:12 PM

youre right, we should stick with the current crop of RBs who are getting the job done.

go_broncos
10-09-2010, 01:23 PM
It is Mcd's responsibility to improve our running game.
If we keep struggling like this,we will have problems winning games consistently.

NYBronco
10-09-2010, 01:45 PM
The players need to execute the plays called and take control of the line of scrimmage giving the RB an opening to run through... beyond the LOS.

Popps
10-09-2010, 01:49 PM
RB's don't just run the ball in our system, folks. How many times do we have to go over this?

You people really want to stick some chump out there doesn't understand his blocking assignments? You want to go the rest of the season without Orton because we rushed some dude into the line-up that didn't know how to pick up a blitzer or couldn't block properly.......

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NtjtnVrfTWI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NtjtnVrfTWI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Thats why we have Maronrey. You know, to pick up the blitz.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaYdQxe1nJo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaYdQxe1nJo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dagmar
10-09-2010, 02:20 PM
youre right, we should stick with the current crop of RBs who are getting the job done.

Ah, the much lauded fan theory, the guys who are on the field suck, so the guys on the bench must be studs!

Dagmar
10-09-2010, 02:20 PM
RB's don't just run the ball in our system, folks. How many times do we have to go over this?

You people really want to stick some chump out there doesn't understand his blocking assignments? You want to go the rest of the season without Orton because we rushed some dude into the line-up that didn't know how to pick up a blitzer or couldn't block properly.......

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NtjtnVrfTWI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NtjtnVrfTWI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You are bringing Hillis into more threads than Taco and the Hillis crew these days Popps.

Popps
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
You are bringing Hillis into more threads than Taco and the Hillis crew these days Popps.

I know. Good times, right?

:sunshine:

Quoydogs
10-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Ah, the much lauded fan theory, the guys who are on the field suck, so the guys on the bench must be studs!
I'll bite. It can't get any worse then -4 yards rushing going into the 4th. I will give you the O-line is the big problem here but we are supposed to have the best of the best players and they should be able to find out how to get a couple of yards. If they can't put someone different in until you find someone who can.

Play2win
10-09-2010, 02:30 PM
It seems to be the RBs in McD's system are much like the WRs in Shanny's system.

broncocalijohn
10-09-2010, 02:34 PM

By any chance, is the guy you are thinking ryhme with Jesus Christ or BeBow for short?

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Hillis obviously is a worse blocker than Maronery because he lost a positional drill. Maronery understands the system and catches the ball as well. We are so much better now that we got rid of the weak link and traded for Maronery.

Dagmar
10-09-2010, 02:42 PM
please don't. Please don't make the boards 50th Hillis thread. We are an embarrassment to Cleveland Browns fans.

BROWNS fans!!!

Archer81
10-09-2010, 04:02 PM

What exactly is your evidence to prove this tidbit?

:Broncos:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-09-2010, 04:35 PM

So you don't have a link, then?

You called him a stud. You did that. Back it up or don't.

Dedhed
10-09-2010, 04:43 PM
this is the most frustrating thing about mcdaniels.

I tend to think it's the most frustrating thing about the people on this board who think they understand what McDaniels is trying to do better than he does.

It's the same reason that idiots think Hillis is the answer to every offensive problem the broncos have ever had.

WABronco
10-09-2010, 04:46 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaYdQxe1nJo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaYdQxe1nJo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Lol that's the play! Have to question his...everything, on that one.

oubronco
10-09-2010, 05:04 PM
The players need to execute the plays called and take control of the line of scrimmage giving the RB an opening to run through... beyond the LOS.

Thats the problem there has been holes and lanes and the RB dances around or runs into the backs of his blockers and misses his holes and lanes

gunns
10-09-2010, 05:35 PM

The only way to do that is give him a chance. The majority of the problem is the line, the whole problem is not the line.

go watch the game, when there is a hole, maroney dances around for wahtever reason. just like he did at NE. want to see what NE fans think of maroney? that hes a ****ing dancer, not a running back.

Bingo. Even past the line of scrimmage against a defender we get the dance and then he runs right into him. I saw Buck do it also. As far as blocking, neither did much either. Give Brown a chance. The scheme, the system is about winning and giving your team a chance to do that. Thank God for Orton but taking the sacks he has and no running game, it aint going to last for long.

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I tend to think it's the most frustrating thing about the people on this board who think they understand what McDaniels is trying to do better than he does.

It's the same reason that idiots think Hillis is the answer to every offensive problem the broncos have ever had.

youre right, mcdaniels leaving maroney in the game after he didnt bother to pass protect and was auditioning for dancing with the stars is NOT frustrating at all.

not only has the guys on the field proved they cant get the job done, hte guy on the bench has shown the potential to be good, if nothing else a stronger, more powerful back then who is playing right now. like i said, the oline obviusly has a lot of things to fix, but even as mcdaniels stated, the running backs have their share of the blame.

Inkana7
10-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Why is everyone on this board a dumbass?

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 05:52 PM

because maroney wasnt the answer and mcdaniels has never dumped a tough hard nosed RB who is succeeding elsewhere carrying the ball. im a huge mcdaniels supporter as most know but the run game and the idea that it should work with whatever RB is there is not working in terms of carrying the ball.

dsmoot
10-09-2010, 06:01 PM

oline run blocking is a bigger issue than running back because defenses consistently get pressure during running plays, but not always, and when the running back has an opportunity, he is not making use of it.

I rewatched the Titans game again today. He does come up to the line puts on the brakes and then tries to find a lane to cut into. One specific run was terrible. At the end of the game, just after the kickoff was recovered by Vaughn, the line seals off a run to the right and Daniels is going through the hole to the right. The camera angle was perfect. No Titan was in the hole but Maroney cuts it back up to the center. I really believe the way the Titans were stacking the line, if he had just followed Daniels he might have taken it to the endzone. Daniels hits no one before the play ends. The whistle blows and Daniels just stops and turns around.

I asked myself why did he do it. Maybe to center the ball for the field goal. No, they ran at least another play before kicking. Is his vision that bad?

Dedhed
10-09-2010, 06:03 PM

I love how, instead of picking up the Titan with 0 guys on him, he opted for the triple team.

Pony Boy
10-09-2010, 06:06 PM

Boney Maroney would be a good nickname for him, I can't remember who did that song...... I know it was before your time Doc.....

Pony Boy
10-09-2010, 06:08 PM

Takes one to know one....:approve:

Steve Sewell
10-09-2010, 06:29 PM

but hes a stud though

Steve Prefontaine
10-09-2010, 07:15 PM

that's just un****ingbelievable. i had to watch it 3 times just for comedic value....but then i just got really sad

Tombstone RJ
10-09-2010, 07:49 PM
If Andre Brown is healthy then IMHO I think McD should put him in the game. The law of deminishing returns says you take a chance on Brown. It's not hard for McD to tell Orton that he does not have the 2 play option on the next snap. In other words, you send Andre Brown in to run the friggen ball. You don't send him in to pass block. You don't give Orton the option to change the play at the LOS. You send Brown in and you send a running play in and you run the friggen ball. That's it.

Get Brown into the game and see what happens. The defense is not gonna be any the wiser. Run him out of a single back 2 TE set and get the motherfuggin run game going. The kid will either produce or he'll get shellacked. One way or the other your gonna find out if he belongs here.

McD needs to bend a little on his friggen scheme. I understand he wants to run his spread option stuff and let Orton pick between two plays at the LOS, but it's getting to a point where McD needs to find out IF this team can RUN the ball or NOT.

Jetmeck
10-09-2010, 07:55 PM
If Andre Brown is healthy then IMHO I think McD should put him in the game. The law of deminishing returns says you take a chance on Brown. It's not hard for McD to tell Orton that he does not have the 2 play option on the next snap. In other words, you send Andre Brown in to run the friggen ball. You don't send him in to pass block. You don't give Orton the option to change the play at the LOS. You send Brown in and you send a running play in and you run the friggen ball. That's it.

Get Brown into the game and see what happens. The defense is not gonna be any the wiser. Run him out of a single back 2 TE set and get the motherfuggin run game going. The kid will either produce or he'll get shellacked. One way or the other your gonna find out if he belongs here.

McD needs to bend a little on his friggen scheme. I understand he wants to run his spread option stuff and let Orton pick between two plays at the LOS, but it's getting to a point where McD needs to find out IF this team can RUN the ball or NOT.

exactly, its not that hard to figure out

go_broncos
10-09-2010, 08:07 PM
There is no use of an offense that can't run the ball..you just can't keep throwing the ball all the time...We are first in passing and last in rushing.
Running backs that we have can't run the ball..It's time to give chance to Brown to see if he can run the ball better.

Archer81
10-09-2010, 08:20 PM
There is no use of an offense that can't run the ball..you just can't keep throwing the ball all the time...We are first in passing and last in rushing.
Running backs that we have can't run the ball..It's time to give chance to Brown to see if he can run the ball better.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2ALsvU50wQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2ALsvU50wQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

RhymesayersDU
10-09-2010, 08:21 PM
BREAKING:

Andre Brown will start for the Broncos at running back on Sunday versus the Ravens, a team source has confirmed.

Per DP.

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 08:25 PM
BREAKING:

Andre Brown will start for the Broncos at running back on Sunday versus the Ravens, a team source has confirmed.

Per DP.

thats not true at all.

RhymesayersDU
10-09-2010, 08:39 PM
It is true. 100%.

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 08:43 PM
except you have no proof, nor any verifiable source

RhymesayersDU
10-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Dp.

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 08:53 PM
denverpost.com

find it retard.

anyway.

Archer81
10-09-2010, 08:54 PM
except you have no proof, nor any verifiable source

I detect irony...

_Oro_
10-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Breaking: Broncos will beat the Ravens tomorrow via their (overrated) air attack and stout defense.

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I detect irony...

waiting for someone to say this. when i post news, there is a verifiable source attached to it, every single time. if necessary, i can provide the source or sources of the stuff i post. most of the time its a twitter post. he, on hte other hand, is writing stupid stuff, maybe trying to use his freshly moved out of moms house wit to amuse.

Popps
10-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Hillis obviously is a worse blocker than Maronery because he lost a positional drill. Maronery understands the system and catches the ball as well. We are so much better now that we got rid of the weak link and traded for Maronery.

Look, Maroney has played one game and didn't look good. I'm not defending him... I'm simply saying that coaches favor players who know their system and can handle their responsibilities.

McDaniels signed Brown. What possible reason could have have NOT to start him if he was the best possible option?

I was as underwhelmed with Maroney's debut as you were. I'd also love to see Brown in the game. But, NOT if he's not going to know where to line up or if he's going to get our QB killed.

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Look, Maroney has played one game and didn't look good. I'm not defending him... I'm simply saying that coaches favor players who know their system and can handle their responsibilities.

McDaniels signed Brown. What possible reason could have have NOT to start him if he was the best possible option?

I was as underwhelmed with Maroney's debut as you were. I'd also love to see Brown in the game. But, NOT if he's not going to know where to line up or if he's going to get our QB killed.

maroney is doing a good job of that so far.

baja
10-09-2010, 09:35 PM

That's what the guy Shanny signed did. He fathered 9 kids with 9 different women.

Popps
10-09-2010, 09:36 PM
maroney is doing a good job of that so far.

Again, he's played one game.

Provide us with proof that Brown is a better option.

What's your proof that McDaniels is purposely sabotaging his team?

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Again, he's played one game.

Provide us with proof that Brown is a better option.

curious where you get this one game thing.
http://www.nfl.com/players/laurencemaroney/gamelogs?id=MAR273311

and no one else is getting it done in the run game, brown showed a ton of potential in preseason and theres a reason he got signed over guys who were here for the entire training camp. hes a strong runner and again, no one else is getting it even close to done.

What's your proof that McDaniels is purposely sabotaging his team?

wtf are you talking about? do you just say **** like this to everyone, even people who are pretty obviously mcdaniels supporters?

Popps
10-09-2010, 09:42 PM
curious where you get this one game thing.

How many games has he played for us this year?

and no one else is getting it done in the run game, brown showed a ton of potential in preseason and theres a reason he got signed over guys who were here for the entire training camp. hes a strong runner and again, no one else is getting it even close to done.

Yea, and "there's a reason" the staff hasn't put him in a game.

Or, maybe they're just not as smart as you? You sit in every practice, right?

wtf are you talking about? do you just say **** like this to everyone, even people who are pretty obviously mcdaniels supporters?

I just said to provide proof that he's purposely making a decision to hurt his team.

Otherwise, you can defer to the staff that watches all of these guys play every day.

You're "internet dude." He's the coach, and sees behind the scenes every day.

If you want to make claims that you know better than he does. Cool. Just back it up.

Popps
10-09-2010, 09:43 PM
For the record, I'd love to see Brown play... and I suspect he might get a few carries this weekend.

baja
10-09-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm smoking a fine Cuban Robusto, a very fine cigar indeed. Having a glass on Noni Brandy too. (non alcohol of course)

If you don't know about Noni Google it. ;D

tsiguy96
10-09-2010, 09:48 PM
How many games has he played for us this year?

Yea, and "there's a reason" the staff hasn't put him in a game.

Or, maybe they're just not as smart as you? You sit in every practice, right?

I just said to provide proof that he's purposely making a decision to hurt his team.

Otherwise, you can defer to the staff that watches all of these guys play every day.

You're "internet dude." He's the coach, and sees behind the scenes every day.

If you want to make claims that you know better than he does. Cool. Just back it up.

did i not just give you a link answering your first question?

these types of posts are really annoying. he said last year that hillis wasnt the answer to first down problems, and i agree, but he definitely would have helped as he is showing in cleveland. brown is not being given a chance either when the other guys are very clearly failing, unless you didnt notice by the .8ypc

baja
10-09-2010, 09:51 PM
For the record, I'd love to see Brown play... and I suspect he might get a few carries this weekend.

I would not be a bit surprised either.

Dagmar
10-09-2010, 09:59 PM
thats not true at all.

It's true, i read it on doublepenetration.com too.

Popps
10-09-2010, 10:02 PM
By the way, McD said Brown probably would get carries but that the problem didn't have a "one man answer."

Why are panties getting bunched up over this?

strafen
10-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm also curious to see Brown play.
He can't possibly be worse than Baloney, and when you look at it, what are our other option(s)?
Throw his ass in the fire and see what he can do.
He's healthy, is he not?

baja
10-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Maybe Bobby Turner could make something of Mahoney but we ain't got him anymore....

broncswin
10-09-2010, 10:59 PM
we will see brown this sunday...smoke and mirrors people...smoke and mirrors.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-10-2010, 02:38 AM

My issue is the "Maroney knows the system and therefore is less likely to screw up" point of view. While this opinion may be theoretically true, the guy had arguably the worst performance from a Bronco running back in recent history. He allowed a free run at Orton from a DT in order to participate in a triple team block. He dropped two third down passes that hit him directly in the hands, the second of which was likely a huge gain if complete. These are the little things that are supposed to make or break a running back in McD's system... or so it has been said.

I'm not the one to bring up in this thread a certain polarizing figure who now plays for the Browns. I'll readily admit that I am a fan of his, but this dates back to when he played ball for my alma mater. Since the issue continues to be brought up as an example of a guy who couldn't do the little things, I have to point out the obvious. We shipped a guy who could run with power and had arguably the best hands of any Bronco running back in exchange for a quarterback who is a questionable upgrade to Simms. We then trade for a guy who couldn't make the active roster on a team with a 1st round investment. We are then surprised when the guy sucks, despite the fact that he understands the system. We then continue to speculate that player X couldn't do the little things right, while Maronery outright fails to do anything right.

tsiguy96
10-10-2010, 06:43 AM
My issue is the "Maroney knows the system and therefore is less likely to screw up" point of view. While this opinion may be theoretically true, the guy had arguably the worst performance from a Bronco running back in recent history. He allowed a free run at Orton from a DT in order to participate in a triple team block. He dropped two third down passes that hit him directly in the hands, the second of which was likely a huge gain if complete. These are the little things that are supposed to make or break a running back in McD's system... or so it has been said.

I'm not the one to bring up in this thread a certain polarizing figure who now plays for the Browns. I'll readily admit that I am a fan of his, but this dates back to when he played ball for my alma mater. Since the issue continues to be brought up as an example of a guy who couldn't do the little things, I have to point out the obvious. We shipped a guy who could run with power and had arguably the best hands of any Bronco running back in exchange for a quarterback who is a questionable upgrade to Simms. We then trade for a guy who couldn't make the active roster on a team with a 1st round investment. We are then surprised when the guy sucks, despite the fact that he understands the system. We then continue to speculate that player X couldn't do the little things right, while Maronery outright fails to do anything right.

absolutely 100% true.

Popps
10-10-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm not the one to bring up in this thread a certain polarizing figure who now plays for the Browns. I'll readily admit that I am a fan of his, but this dates back to when he played ball for my alma mater. Since the issue continues to be brought up as an example of a guy who couldn't do the little things, I have to point out the obvious.

First off, you're taking this way too seriously, imo. If you're a Hillis fan, I've got no problem with that. I liked him, too. I was disappointed he couldn't work out. Admittedly, there has been so much ridiculous hyperbole on the subject, I'm going to have a little fun with it.

As for Maroney, I agree. He looked lost. But, there's still a reason he was thought to be the best emergency option for us over Brown. It was ONE GAME, Doc. Perhaps he'll improve his play this week or next week? Or, maybe he won't.

But, coaches favor guys they believe they can trust. Perhaps this week, Brown will earn more of that trust and we'll see him out there more.

Again, I sort of suspect we will indeed see him take a few carries.

Popps
10-10-2010, 09:06 AM
And by the way... I'm still convinced that if any of our backs was running behind a line that was consistently opening lanes and doing its job, we wouldn't be having these RB conversations.

McDaniels believes that, too... which is why he's repeatedly said that the solution to this isn't one player.

OABB
10-10-2010, 09:19 AM
And by the way... I'm still convinced that if any of our backs was running behind a line that was consistently opening lanes and doing its job, we wouldn't be having these RB conversations.

McDaniels believes that, too... which is why he's repeatedly said that the solution to this isn't one player.

a good running back doesn't even need an oline. He just has to be super fast and super strong. Needing to rely on having a hole, or even being able to set your feet in order to read for a hole is for loser busts.

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Andre Brown is starting at QB because he a supernatural stud.

OABB
10-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Hillis should start for all 32 teams. His awesomeness should not be bogarted by one selfish team.

tsiguy96
10-10-2010, 09:24 AM

but this line is not, and the running backs currently on the team are not making use of what they are doing, so why is a power running like brown not getting a chance to see if he can do it?

he said the exact same thing last year about hillis, how does that situation not prove that maybe mcdaniels needs to let guys run the ball who CAN run the ball. this isnt maroneys first stint of being a dancer and not a running back, in case you didnt know.

Popps
10-10-2010, 09:33 AM
this isnt maroneys first stint of being a dancer and not a running back, in case you didnt know.

Tell you what, why don't you learn some basic grammar skills before you start trying to speak down to people?

Secondly, the adults around here have pretty much covered the topic. The coach has said Brown will play, and that the larger issue is the line.

Do you just need some sort of pat on the head, at this point? Because you're just sort of beating off to your own posts and saying nothing.

RhymesayersDU
10-10-2010, 09:35 AM
BREAKING:

Following an earlier report, Andre Brown has been placed on the 53-man active roster and is exptected to see heavy action as the Broncos play the Baltimore Ravens. For more Broncos news, head to http://www.denverpost.com.

Per DP.

OABB
10-10-2010, 09:36 AM
BREAKING:

Following an earlier report, Andre Brown has been placed on the 53-man active roster and is exptected to see heavy action as the Broncos play the Baltimore Ravens. For more Broncos news, head to http://www.denverpost.com.

Per DP.

tsowned.

Popps
10-10-2010, 09:38 AM
BREAKING:

Per DP.

McD already said this a few days ago. Not really breaking.

Link goes to the DP splash page. But, you knew that.

Popps
10-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Brown sighting.

Lost yardage on 2nd and short.

I guess he needs blocking too, huh?

(Maroney picked up the 1st on following play.)

Popps
10-10-2010, 11:17 AM
It's apparent after watching the game today that it's the running back(s) fault.

Clearly.

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 11:32 AM
stud

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 11:59 AM
stud

There is a reason he hasn't displaced Maroney.

Now stop this **** tsiguy.

WABronco
10-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Look at you guys! Reveling in the failure of a Bronco! PATHETIC

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 12:08 PM

Your avatar is epic!

Hilarious!

Popps
10-10-2010, 12:21 PM

Say what?

I'm pissed. But, I've been pissed about this line most of the year. (See my thread on the subject.)

This is pathetic, indeed. But, the simple fact remains... this is a larger problem than who is carrying the ball. We're getting another clear and indisputable example of that today.

broncosteven
10-10-2010, 01:21 PM

I am sure Popps is proud that Lawrence picked up that 1st down. It is about the only thing he could have been proud about this week outside of Lloyd's bombs at the end of each half.

Popps
10-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I am sure Popps is proud that Lawrence picked up that 1st down. It is about the only thing he could have been proud about this week outside of Lloyd's bombs at the end of each half.

I knew you'd be back strong today, boss.

Any time we lose you seem to pep up with joy and run around trashing the team. Of course, you were awfully quiet when we won last week.

Enjoy, "steven." This is your moment.

broncosteven
10-10-2010, 01:40 PM
I dunno, I was here all last week, I even posted a mspaint effort in the beat the ravens mspaint thread.

I was rooting hard in the gameday thread...

Your just sad that there is nothing to be proud about losers today, mCd showed nothing that can be built on, and now your reduced to grammar/spelling smack.

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 01:41 PM
I dunno, I was here all last week, I even posted a mspaint effort in the beat the ravens mspaint thread.

I was rooting hard in the gameday thread...

Your just sad that there is nothing to be proud about losers today, mCd showed nothing that can be built on, and now your reduced to grammar/spelling smack.

You're.

:~ohyah!: