PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody believe ?

Jetmeck
10-08-2010, 11:09 AM
We can actually beat the ratbirds ? Every single pundit I have seen or read has picked against us. Sure the run game sucks A$$ , but even I am in awe of the receiving corps and Orton has made me a believer. I try not to be a homer in any way and point it out on this board when homerism (is that a word ?) runs rampant.

I just don't believe the ratbirds secondary without ED Reed can hold up and our line who is enept at run blocking seems to be getting better at pass blocking each game.

Quick slants and screens should be employed frequently to burn their pass rush down !

Seriously this contest is now where nearly as one sided as the so-called experts have made it out to be !

Rock Chalk
10-08-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm really not all that confident.

We can but it won't be easy and it's improbably IMO. Without some sort of balance it's going to be a long day.

baja
Please stop with the big ass pictures that skew the display

gyldenlove
I think we have a shot, they don't seem as good as they have been in recent years and we are a team that can put the hurt on anyone if we hit the right day and get some solid red zone offense, we tend to get into the red zone a lot.

bronco militia
10-08-2010, 11:11 AM
I always say never say never, but I don't see any reason to believe the broncos will win this game

gyldenlove

But please feel free to post pictures of big asses.

TheElusiveKyleOrton

Better neg rep him.

As for the game, I think there's a shot we beat them, but we've never won in that barn before, so I wonder if we can pull it off.

Popps
10-08-2010, 11:12 AM
As I recall, the game last year wasn't close... but we really killed ourselves with a couple of special teams FU's. It could have been much closer.

We've moved the ball well against every team we've played this year, and our defense has shown some improvement in the past couple of games.

The Ravens are tough and solid, top to bottom. But, I think it's a game we can stay in if we don't allow big ST's plays. They're not explosive, they're just grinding.

I'd like to see us keep this game close into the 4th quarter and then pour it on. We just can't come out and get down to a physical team like this, or they'll run all over us.

Yea, I believe we can win... but I always believe that. I'm a homer.

snowspot66
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
As I recall, the game last year wasn't close... but we really killed ourselves with a couple of special teams FU's. It could have been much closer.

We've moved the ball well against every team we've played this year, and our defense has shown some improvement in the past couple of games.

The Ravens are tough and solid, top to bottom. But, I think it's a game we can stay in if we don't allow big ST's plays. They're not explosive, they're just grinding.

I'd like to see us keep this game close into the 4th quarter and then pour it on. We just can't come out and get down to a physical team like this, or they'll run all over us.

Yea, I believe we can win... but I always believe that. I'm a homer.

It actually was pretty close until late in the game last year. It just didn't seem that way because we didn't do anything on offense.

I think we have a real shot at it.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Its unlikely, but we have a shot...its not like the Ravens are playing amazing football right now either.

Los Broncos
10-08-2010, 11:19 AM
I do, we will kick their ass.

crush17
10-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Broncos: -7
Ravens: 105

outdoor_miner
10-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I feel pretty much identical to how I felt against Tennesse... I think the Broncos match up better with this type of team than they do the Colts, and I see no reason to think the Broncos should be murdered (well - unless Ray Lewis' homies show up). This team needs to learn how to win close games, and not shoot themselves in the foot. If we limit mistakes, we will be in the game, and then anything can happen (as we saw last week). I would really like to see us win one of the next two, with both games being competitive. If that happens - I will be really optimistic for the stretch run.

Kaylore
10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't. I've heard good reasons why we do. However back to back road games on the east against physical teams in a place we haven't ever won with no run game? I fully expect to lose. I hope we don't and I'll be pulling for the upset, but I expect to lose by around 9 to 10 points. I've been right on my predictions all year, so maybe I'll be wrong on this one.

Mr.Meanie
10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
They are beatable. I think they believe their own hype that they are better than they really are.

That said, I don't know if we have quite the team to beat them yet. If we pull this one off it would be HUGE, and it would shock everyone I think.

broncofan2438
10-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I do feel confident about this game. Say what you want but yes having Ed Reeeeeed out is going to help us. He was quite the disruption last year and I believe MCD can exploit that weakness. For some strange feeling I think our running game might come around this Sunday. Watch. Defense will continue to play strong and I believe we come out with a W this Sunday.

lostknight
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Actually, I think this game matches up for us a lot better then people say. The Ravens have a dicey secondary, and we have the best passing system in the league. Keep using Eddie, and dare I say, Decker on short bubble screens with speed to keep defenders honest, and use D.T and Lloyd to stretch the field.

On defense, our defense is average, but pretty good at stopping the main threat. Clamp down on Rice hard, keep five men in the box, and let Champ, Cox and company keep the Ravens receivers in check.

Score: Broncos 17, Ravens 10.

Smiling Assassin27
10-08-2010, 11:39 AM
27-24 Broncos. Both qb's throw for 300+.

loborugger
10-08-2010, 11:52 AM
The one thing we have going for us is that while our running game is terrible, our passing game is our strength. The secondary is their achilles right now. Throw in a good game from our special teams (a stretch), and win the turn over battle (not a huge stretch as Orton is not a TO machine), and Denver could come outta B-more with a win. However, the smart money is on Maryland Magpies.

chawknz
10-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Anything can happen, but I am expecting a loss.

dsmoot
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
We can actually beat the ratbirds ? Every single pundit I have seen or read has picked against us. Sure the run game sucks A$$ , but even I am in awe of the receiving corps and Orton has made me a believer. I try not to be a homer in any way and point it out on this board when homerism (is that a word ?) runs rampant.

I just don't believe the ratbirds secondary without ED Reed can hold up and our line who is enept at run blocking seems to be getting better at pass blocking each game.

Quick slants and screens should be employed frequently to burn their pass rush down !

Seriously this contest is now where nearly as one sided as the so-called experts have made it out to be !

In the past, I have watched Denver wilt under the physical play of the Ravens even when the Broncos had a more balanced offense. I have never seen Denver match Baltimore in that area regardless of the Bronco talent. It was like watching the school bully come take a kids lunch money away.

This is exactly like it was in the early 70's with Oakland. The bully comes to town and the home team wilts. Finally, the Orange Crush Defense came along, matched Oaklands physical style and things changed. That is exactly where the Tom Jackson "fat man" comment came from.

Until Denver can match the Ravens physical play, I will not believe they can win more than 20% of the time. Their defense will find a way to nuetralize the passing game (QB pressures) and call our bluff on the running game.

Dedhed
10-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Every single pundit I have seen or read has picked against us.

This is precisely why I think we have a chance.

Rohirrim
10-08-2010, 12:36 PM
The Ratbirds are coming off a close, tough, emotional, road win in their own conference. Will they rise to the occasion against the Broncos? The Broncos are coming off a big road win that proved to them that they can play physical and win, even when everything doesn't work like it's designed. Football games can be won on emotion. I definitely think the Broncos can win this, especially if they stick with the three step drop, use the hurry up some, and use a lot of multiple receiver sets. Burn them through the air with speed and relentless pressure. The Ratbirds worked hard in Pittsburgh last week. Work them harder this week.

wyobronco
10-08-2010, 12:36 PM
...Every single pundit I have seen or read has picked against us.

Which pundits picked Denver over Tennessee? If all three phases show up, Denver can beat anyone. If one phase stays home, Denver can lose to anyone, especially on the road.

gunns
10-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think we can, mainly because of the offense and no running game. I think we're too one dimensional for a defense like the Ravens and they happen to be very good against the one bright spot on the Broncos, passing. If we are going to have any chance I think it's up to our defense which played very well against the Titans. I don't know that Flacco is going to present a huge problem but they are at home and that often can pump even a bad player up. Hopefully Rice is slightly hobbled. Limit everything they do on offense. But I do agree, if all the pundits are saying we can't, there's a very good chance we can.

Peoples Champ
10-08-2010, 12:48 PM
i definately think we can win, im just not expecting it a ton, that way i wont be dissapointed if we lose, i know thats a cop out though. hahah

oubronco
10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Someone please tell McD its alright to kick FGs, if its close a FG could win it for us

Dagmar
10-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I expect a loss, and fully expect the drama queens on this place to make it unbearable next week...

Although, this team did lose the Bengals.

bronco militia
10-08-2010, 01:18 PM
someone please tell mcd its alright to kick fgs, if its close a fg could win it for us

word!

BroncoBuff
10-08-2010, 01:31 PM

That bothers ya? I knew I'd find a weakness ... check your control panel :~ohyah!:

Now you have to delete that post ...

Garcia Bronco
10-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Honestly...I think if the players execute the game plan no one can beat us.

prunch
10-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't think we are favorites and rightfully so ... we have not shown enough yet to warrant that.

But

Can we score 20+ points on them .... we could and its not an unreasonable target.

Can we hold them to 20 or less .... also very possible.

We could win but I think a lot of people would be surprised.

BroncoBuff
10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Check this out ... trouble in Ravenville.

I can't believe he's whining like this.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh complained about his role on the Ravens' offense Friday as he enters Week 5 with just five catches in four games.
Housh claims he was "promised" 50-60 receptions when he signed with the Ravens in September. He's on pace for 20. "The bad part of my personality is I tend to not to say it but my body language says that (he's frustrated)," said Houshmandzadeh. "Thatís bad but thatís who I am." Housh went on to say that he "wishes" he was Anquan Boldin, who's on pace for 108 receptions.

listopencil
10-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Teh Ratbirds can't stop our Flying Donkey Offense. Book it.

bronco militia
10-08-2010, 01:50 PM

me me me meeeeeeeeeeee!

cabronco
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
The Broncos need a solid special teams effort, and not give up any turnovers to have a chance to beat the Ravens. If Broncos can create turnovers it would be a big plus & chance to pull out a Win.

cmhargrove
10-08-2010, 01:54 PM
1. Figure out whatever Pete Prisco says, then assume the exact opposite is true. That guy is a dong-sucker and I can't believe he has a job.

2. Why mess with quick slants and short passes? We are now a deep passing team. You can still throw a deep pass off a three step drop, and I expect to see more of that. I'd love to see us test out DT's deep routes and see what he can pull in.

Pass, pass, pass, then set up the screens.

PRBronco
10-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Man that guy annoys me, who the **** does he think he is? He benefitted from playing opposite Ochocinco in his prime, and then got overpaid by a ****ty Seattle team. ...I won't go off on him any more or it will basically guarantee he blows up against us.

bendog
10-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Den cannot run the ball for ****e. Esp with that giant tackle and Ray Ray. But Balt isn't running well either. Balt's pass defense may be overrated. It's possible.

Hogan11
10-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Man that guy annoys me, who the **** does he think he is? He benefitted from playing opposite Ochocinco in his prime, and then got overpaid by a ****ty Seattle team. ...I won't go off on him any more or it will basically guarantee he blows up against us.

He played for the Bengals. Only Aholes play (or root) for the Bengals.

go_broncos
10-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I believe we can win this game.

Dagmar
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM

http://forum.mininova.org/style_emoticons/default/Jaw%20Dropping%20Smilie.gif

rbackfactory80
10-08-2010, 02:14 PM
You guys are crazy, of course we can win. The Ravens should be a 2-2 team. They barely beat a Steelers team with no QB, a Jets team who wouldn't allow their QB to throw the ball, and a crappy Cleveland team in a pretty close home game. If they play the Jets again no way the Jets don't crush them and if the Ben suits up they lose there also. They caught a couple breaks and have a better record than they probably should have. This is a close game either way. The Ravens O has looked pretty mediocre this year also. Many teams that start the season 3-1 will end up finishing 8-8.

Missouribronc
10-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Juntos Podemos.

Los Broncos
10-08-2010, 02:16 PM

Same here, go Broncos! show them powerpuffs!

Dedhed
10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
http://forum.mininova.org/style_emoticons/default/Jaw%20Dropping%20Smilie.gif
Don't buy that crap from go_broncos, he's just setting it up so that he can call McD, and insert all of McD's players as well, a failure for not winning a game they could have won going in. He's not actually showing any faith.

I actually believe we can win this game, but more than anything I want to see us play the Ravens and not look like complete candy stripers out there.

There's a reason we've never won in Baltimore, and it's because they just flat out slapped our "finesse" OL, and our "athletic" and "fast" front seven in the mouth every time we play them.

I love that the Broncos are headed in a more physical direction, but I want to see us hang in their better against a team that always plays physical.

ColoradoDarin
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
If we limit our mistakes, we can win this game.

Old Dude
10-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Back to back road trips to the east. Don't like that at all. And the Ravens are a very strong team, maybe one of the top 5 in the NFL.

Not expecting a win here, but there's always a puncher's chance with the air game.

driver
10-08-2010, 04:16 PM
http://www.vietnampix.com/bilder/fire1a.jpg

NYBronco
10-08-2010, 04:18 PM
But please feel free to post pictures of big asses.

http://www.celebs101.com/images/celebs/Cortland_Finnegan_C8WBJE.jpg

Tombstone RJ
10-08-2010, 04:27 PM
It just pisses me off that the Broncos have back to back road games to the going East, plus the fact that they had to travel to crappy bmore last year too. They are gonna have to play a damn near perfect game to win... NO turnovers and don't give up big plays on the special teams...

TailgateNut
10-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I do, we will kick their ass.

^This^5

oubronco
10-08-2010, 06:21 PM
It just pisses me off that the Broncos have back to back road games to the going East, plus the fact that they had to travel to crappy bmore last year too. They are gonna have to play a damn near perfect game to win... NO turnovers and don't give up big plays on the special teams...

Thats what happens when you get your ass handed to you by said opponent