Broncos-Ravens: 10 observations
Insider
By Ken Moll
Scouts Inc.
Denver at Baltimore
When: 1:00 PM ET
Watch: CBS

Scouts Inc. Position Advantage

QB Balt (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...based on what?)
RB Balt
WR Balt (Again. How so?)
OL Balt
DL Balt
LB Balt
DB Den
ST Den
Coach Balt

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Broncos-Ravens matchup.

1. Utilize the passing game to set up the run: The Broncos average only 2.2 yards per rushing attempt and the Ravens' defense can be stingy defending the run. Look for offensive coordinator Mike McCoy to use play-action passes on early downs to set up the ground attack.

2. Spread the Ravens' defense by formation: Baltimore is very physical and Denver would be smart to utilize three- and four-wide receiver sets to make the Ravens defend the entire field. Look for a wrinkle or two from the Denver offense to remove defenders from the box.

3. Stop the run first: The Ravens have struggled to run the football but clearly build their offense around a physical ground assault. Denver yields more than 4 yards per carry on the ground and Baltimore probably will want to pound the ball between the tackles. Look for Broncos defensive coordinator Don Martindale to utilize more zone run blitzes and eight-man fronts in this matchup, especially on early downs.

4. Force the passing game away from Boldin: Anquan Boldin is the key to the Ravens' air attack, with 27 catches through four games. Look for combination man and zone coverages designed to limit Boldin's production.

5. Matchup to watch: Denver WR Brandon Lloyd vs. the Ravens' cornerbacks: Lloyd has been one of the most productive receivers in the league thus far with 25 receptions averaging 18.1 yards per catch. Lloyd is an excellent combination of size, strength and athleticism, but cornerbacks Fabian Washington and Chris Carr are very aggressive and should be a great matchup for him.

6. Establish balance offensively: The Ravens have been less than impressive rushing the ball (84.3 yards per game) and need to get back to pounding the rock between the tackles. Look for a concerted effort to mix high-percentage passes in with a good dose of the running game against an inconsistent Broncos defense.

7. Take shots downfield in the passing game: Denver has been one of the worst teams defending the long pass, yielding eight touchdowns through the air. Their pass rush has been marginal without Elvis Dumervil, generating only four sacks. Look for Flacco to have time to throw more vertical passes.

8. Stop the run out of nickel defensive schemes: The Ravens have been somewhat inconsistent defending the run, but the Broncos have been inept rushing the ball, averaging only 55 yards a game. The Broncos' strong suit is their passing attack, so utilizing an additional secondary defender could force Denver to run the ball to move the chains.

9. Win the kicking game: It would appear that the Ravens have the advantage on both sides of the ball (offense and defense) but may be outmatched in special teams. The kicking game will have a major impact on field position and Baltimore will need to beware of a trick play from Denver.

10. Matchup to watch: Boldin vs. Denver CB Champ Bailey: This should be an outstanding battle between two excellent athletes at their respective positions. Boldin clearly has the size and strength advantage but Bailey has exceptional burst and instincts to possibly shut down a major part of the Ravens' passing attack.

Prediction
Denver 20
Baltimore 24

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=301010033

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-07-2010, 08:09 AM
That was some lazy scouting, if that dude is really a scout.

tsiguy96
10-07-2010, 08:09 AM
hahahahahaha. their entire team is better but they only win by 4?

fontaine
10-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Haloti Ngata is probably the most difficult assignment so far for our interior. He plays a number of different techniques, has enough burst to get upfield and the size and strength to shed double teams.

I expect more suckage from our run game.

bronco militia
10-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Haloti Ngata is probably the most difficult assignment so far for our interior. He plays a number of different techniques, has enough burst to get upfield and the size and strength to shed double teams.

I expect more suckage from our run game.

he owned Pouncy last week

bronco militia
10-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Ngata racked up a game-high and career-high 11 tackles to go with one sack, two tackles for losses and two quarterback hits.

Los Broncos
10-07-2010, 08:16 AM
We better have some kind of run game or it will be a long day.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Oh no! Ngata might make the run game worse! I don't even think that's possible.

Swedish Extrovert
10-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I continue to be baffled by the predictions that have all these teams having the edge in ever fathomable aspect of the game only to find that week and and week out, they're only favored by less than 7 points.

That... and, they've picked the other team in every prediction so far and we're 2-2.

50% isn't very good.

Tombstone RJ
10-07-2010, 08:18 AM
this is by far the worst one yet... all it talks about is the ravens, and then occassionally mentions the Broncos, because, yah know, the Broncos are actually playing the game.

Spider
10-07-2010, 08:21 AM
After breaking down tape , this is the best he can come up with ?
I fully expect a zone defense against our spread . Run short floods , screens etc ... Dont be a hero , take what the zone gives .... Keep the Ravens d on the field as long as you can , then go for the knockout in the 4 th

rbackfactory80
10-07-2010, 08:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTDtMIwzT4s

bronco militia
ooops...Ngata is a DE.

Rabb
QB Balt

I had to stop there, come on

Quoydogs
10-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Oh no! Ngata might make the run game worse! I don't even think that's possible.

19 yards last game. Even if it gets worse I don't think you can be much more disappointed.

Mediator12
10-07-2010, 08:25 AM
The same type comparisons are really weird. The QB does not play the QB, so why even rate them based on that?

I think the scouting points are dead on though.

1. The BAL pass rush has not been as scary as it has been and its secondary is not either Without Ed Reed. However, they are only allowing 119 pass yards per game! If DEN can work the short passing game early and get some chemistry with that BAL scheme they could be the first team to carve them up this year. The problem will be third downs. They excel at getting teams into third and long and then only allow 12/51 for 24 % conversion rate. DEN needs to keep the drives going in this game.

2. BAL's offense has been a major Disappointment to date, but they have played three of the top 5 defenses in the league as well! That makes them look less than they are right now. DEN will have its hands full with them.

3. Another tough road game, the OL better get their crap together on the snap counts! That could be a huge difference in this game. You think TEN ges off the ball quick, BAL is better.

Rabb
10-07-2010, 08:26 AM
ooops...Ngata is a DE.

well, officially yes but he is there to clog up the middle

biggest (literally) test for our young center yet

considering that our interior line is pretty green, **** could get ugly...but hey, who knows

Rock Chalk
10-07-2010, 08:29 AM
The same type comparisons are really weird. The QB does not play the QB, so why even rate them based on that?

I think the scouting points are dead on though.

1. The BAL pass rush has not been as scary as it has been and its secondary is not either Without Ed Reed. However, they are only allowing 119 pass yards per game! If DEN can work the short passing game early and get some chemistry with that BAL scheme they could be the first team to carve them up this year. The problem will be third downs. They excel at getting teams into third and long and then only allow 12/51 for 24 % conversion rate. DEN needs to keep the drives going in this game.

Sounds good in theory but the quality fo the QB's they have faced have been sub-par. Sanchez is the best of the group but Rex Ryan kept the baby gloves on in that first game. It wasn't until after that game that Ryan allowed Sanchez to throw it down field. Other QBs are Palmer who has looked like crap against everyone, whatever crap they are throwing out in Cleveland this year, and Charlie Batch.

2. BAL's offense has been a major Disappointment to date, but they have played three of the top 5 defenses in the league as well! That makes them look less than they are right now. DEN will have its hands full with them.

This is a valid concern, but if Denver can play the run well I think we can handle Flacco. for the most part they did well against Peyton and Flacco is no where near Peyton's level.

3. Another tough road game, the OL better get their crap together on the snap counts! That could be a huge difference in this game. You think TEN ges off the ball quick, BAL is better.

I dont like us in this game at all. Less to do with the actual talent of the teams and more to do with a second road game in consecutive weeks against very physical defenses.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Weren't the Titans allowing a low YPG and had a great redzone % before last weekend? The Broncos are destroyers of statistical perceptions.

Hogan11
10-07-2010, 08:33 AM
this is by far the worst one yet... all it talks about is the ravens, and then occassionally mentions the Broncos, because, yah know, the Broncos are actually playing the game.

Yeah....maybe the Broncos should just pull a St. George and just quit right now, because they're just sooo overmatched! Balt is just too big & mean!

Talk about your comic scouting reports :rofl:

fontaine
10-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I dont like us in this game at all. Less to do with the actual talent of the teams and more to do with a second road game in consecutive weeks against very physical defenses.

That's pretty much my concern as well.

While the playcalling, quick decision making by Orton and OL protection all have come together to do a very good job of keeping him safe but by the sheer number of attempts he's logging, it's only a matter of time before he takes one hit too many given his injury history.

This is one game where the OL will have to do a much better job of execution and gaining leverage at the point of contact because we're not going to over power them straight up.

Also, since we're weak at establishing the line of scrimmage I'd like to see how their aggressive front 7 reacts to screen plays which have worked well in the limited times we've used them.

Bronco Boy
10-07-2010, 08:50 AM
ST Den

Really? Really?

PRBronco
10-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Really? Really?

Haha same reaction as me. Those must be the worst kick coverage units the world has seen.

Tombstone RJ
10-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Haha same reaction as me. Those must be the worst kick coverage units the world has seen.

scouts inc had to give the Broncos some love, after all, Flacco is light years better than Orton, riiiight?

Mediator12
10-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Sounds good in theory but the quality fo the QB's they have faced have been sub-par. Sanchez is the best of the group but Rex Ryan kept the baby gloves on in that first game. It wasn't until after that game that Ryan allowed Sanchez to throw it down field. Other QBs are Palmer who has looked like crap against everyone, whatever crap they are throwing out in Cleveland this year, and Charlie Batch.

This is a valid concern, but if Denver can play the run well I think we can handle Flacco. for the most part they did well against Peyton and Flacco is no where near Peyton's level.

1. It is true that BAL has not faced a really solid Pass Attack, just like INDY's defense really had not when they played them. However, they are not just playing down to the competition either, that is the point. They are giving up very little passing yards even without the greatest pass rush or Ed Reed in the secondary. BAL also leads the league in third down conversion %. They are still getting it done.

2. I never liked the old Broncos against a physical team like BAL, but this is not the same old finesse group. What I want to see is improvement in the offensive Line execution from last week against another dominant DL. As terrible as they played last week, DEN still found a way to win on the road. If they can just work out the issues on the OL and the defense plays as physical as they have to date then I think they have a serious chance.

Rabb
10-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Really? Really?

OMG, I missed that

wow

HILife
10-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Flaco>Orton? WHAT?!?!

Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate

118 175 67.4 43.8 1,419 8.1 354.8 6 3 67 38.3 61 22 5 11 96.3

83 145 57.2 36.2 920 6.3 230.0 5 6 49 33.8 40 10 1 4 70.5

Take a guess which one is Orton. I'll give you a hint, it's not the one with the 70.5 QB rating.

EDIT: I mean really, he beats Flaco in every category.....including sacks.

vancejohnson82
10-07-2010, 09:08 AM
if we rely on play-action early we are in trouble...the Ravens are gonna go base defense looking for this kind of stuff...we gotta switch it up early on them..

Spider
10-07-2010, 09:21 AM
some times it just boils down to beating the man in front of you , scheming is great , but worthless if you cant win the battle ...... I say keep it somewhat simple , force the Ravens into a zone , work the field , 3 step drops , delayed draws etc .......

Rock Chalk
10-07-2010, 09:31 AM
1. It is true that BAL has not faced a really solid Pass Attack, just like INDY's defense really had not when they played them. However, they are not just playing down to the competition either, that is the point. They are giving up very little passing yards even without the greatest pass rush or Ed Reed in the secondary. BAL also leads the league in third down conversion %. They are still getting it done.

2. I never liked the old Broncos against a physical team like BAL, but this is not the same old finesse group. What I want to see is improvement in the offensive Line execution from last week against another dominant DL. As terrible as they played last week, DEN still found a way to win on the road. If they can just work out the issues on the OL and the defense plays as physical as they have to date then I think they have a serious chance.

No one has even attempted more than 21 passes against them though. That's what Im saying here. We are definitely passing more than 30 times. Hopefully not as much as 50 so their stats are incredibly skewed. Their pass per attempt average is at 5.2 yards per attempt.

Denver will attempt let's say, 40 passes. Even IF the Ravens hold them to 5.2 thats 200 yards (and let's not fool ourselves, we will fare better than 5.2 as we are currently averaging 8.1, figure somewhere between 6.5 and 7 Im guessing) which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 260-280 yards in the air.

Im not saying you are wrong, Im just saying Denver is a MUCH better passing team than anything they have faced so their numbers LOOK better because they have played poor passing teams.

HILife
10-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Den ST > then BAL ST?????

Worse scout report ever, PERIOD.

Rohirrim
10-07-2010, 09:36 AM
I hope they double up on Lloyd and DT smokes 'em. ;D

Rabb
10-07-2010, 09:40 AM
I was reading Karabell's fantasy football blog today, he was talking flex players. Here are some interesting tidbits (yes I know it's fantasy, but still...I think he is underestimating our defense a little)

18. Ray Rice, RB, Ravens: What fantasy owners fail to realize is Baltimore has played one grueling defense after another. But not this week; they host the Broncos. The reason Kyle Orton throws 75 times per game isn't just because his team can't run the ball. It also can't defend.

I know, never mind that we shut CJ down last week

45. Brandon Lloyd, WR, Broncos: For now, we have to regard him as the team's top receiver.

wow, don't sound so excited

54. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Broncos: Shouldn't be a regular 100-yard guy even when he's healthy, so have realistic expectations.

97. Laurence Maroney, RB, Broncos: Not that I was a big fan in the first place, but it's hard to believe he has been this bad.

And just because the thread wouldn't be complete otherwise...

14. Peyton Hillis, RB, Browns: Totally legit, and yes, the Broncos are probably wondering why they traded him for someone they probably will never need. Looking back, isn't it a bit silly that Brady Quinn was the big name in that trade when it was made?

Rock Chalk
10-07-2010, 09:43 AM
They are complete idiots at scout. Read this ****: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/17528/scouts-inc-ranking-the-top-pass-rushers

Dumervil is an honorable mention? With 10.75 sacks a season over his first 4 years? Really? Tamba Hali is better? GTFO.

Los Broncos
10-07-2010, 09:43 AM
18. Ray Rice, RB, Ravens: What fantasy owners fail to realize is Baltimore has played one grueling defense after another. But not this week; they host the Broncos. The reason Kyle Orton throws 75 times per game isn't just because his team can't run the ball. It also can't defend.

Other than the long run that the backup RB had, we shut down CJ pretty soundly.

gyldenlove
10-07-2010, 10:02 AM
No one has even attempted more than 21 passes against them though. That's what Im saying here. We are definitely passing more than 30 times. Hopefully not as much as 50 so their stats are incredibly skewed. Their pass per attempt average is at 5.2 yards per attempt.

Denver will attempt let's say, 40 passes. Even IF the Ravens hold them to 5.2 thats 200 yards (and let's not fool ourselves, we will fare better than 5.2 as we are currently averaging 8.1, figure somewhere between 6.5 and 7 Im guessing) which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 260-280 yards in the air.

Im not saying you are wrong, Im just saying Denver is a MUCH better passing team than anything they have faced so their numbers LOOK better because they have played poor passing teams.

The Titans went into last weeks game as the 5th best passing defense and that didn't mean much to Orton, he still gave them a golden shower.

The Ravens games have all been close low-scoring games, they have won or lost by 1 point, 5 points, 7 points and 3 points and only against Cleveland did they manage to score more than 20 points which no team has managed to score against the Ravens.

If you look at our games to contrast, we have lost or won by 7, 17, 14 and 6 points and 5 times in our 4 games have a team scored more than 20 points.

These are compounding factors, definitely facing Seneca Wallace, Carson Palmer, Charlie Batch and Mark Sanchez will do good things for your pass defense, no doubt about that, but being in close games will also help because you never force the other team to go balls to the wall.

Right now I am certain that Orton will pass for more yards than any QB has managed in a Ravens game this year (Flacco 262), Orton's play depends more on the quality of the secondary than anything else and fortunately the Ravens secondary is as bad as the other ones we have faced.

gyldenlove
10-07-2010, 10:03 AM

Other than the long run that the backup RB had, we shut down CJ pretty soundly.

And Jones-Drew.

oubronco
10-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Thank God we have Walton

zdoor
10-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Ngata racked up a game-high and career-high 11 tackles to go with one sack, two tackles for losses and two quarterback hits.

Ngata is a monster...

But Flacco over Orton is a bit ridiculous....

We also continue the trend of NEVER being picked to win...

Los Broncos
10-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Ngata is a monster...

But Flacco over Orton is a bit ridiculous....

We also continue the trend of NEVER being picked to win...

I didn't see anyone pick us this week, but that's good we like it like that@

ZONA
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I had to stop there, come on

See, Flacco plays in a city called Baltimore, which is on the East Coast. That means..................you get the point.

Bronco Boy
10-07-2010, 12:05 PM
See, Flacco plays in a city called Baltimore, which is on the East Coast. That means..................you get the point.

Plus He played college at Delaware.

DivineLegion
10-07-2010, 12:29 PM
2. Spread the Ravens' defense by formation: Baltimore is very physical and Denver would be smart to utilize three- and four-wide receiver sets to make the Ravens defend the entire field. Look for a wrinkle or two from the Denver offense to remove defenders from the box.

:rofl: Makes you wonder if they have ever watched a Broncos game or if they just look at stat sheets.

underrated29
10-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Yup we need JD to get pissed! He has been so so this year, but in the preseason I watched him exclusively. On two back to back plays, cant remember who it was (cincy? maybe) the NT/DT got their hands up in JDs face and lifted his head back, and had his helmet up to his nose.

He did not like that. Got pissed and flat out owned the rest of that series.

Someone just needs to give him a little pinch on the balls. Or Ngata will have a field day.

WolfpackGuy
10-07-2010, 03:36 PM
On defense, Denver needs to bottle up the run and put the game in Flacco's hands. All their receivers are POSSESSION receivers, so I don't see how Scouts, Inc said they were better than Denver's WR corps?

On offense, just stick to quick hitting runs and attack down the middle with medium ranges passes which would put less pressure on the OL. I don't think the Broncos should go downfield because the Ravens are playing DEEEEP due to the fact their secondary is garbage overall. It's also made them a lot more conservative than in years past on the front end. A couple long drives to keep the D fresh will go a long ways as well.

On special teams, I know it's a tall order, but just don't screwup!

Br0nc0Buster
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I thought we would get stomped by Indy, and we played it tight and should of won that game IMO

I have an equally bad feeling about this game, but if we can play like we did against Indy without the stupid screw ups we can take this one

Tim
10-07-2010, 07:30 PM
I think there are going to be a lot of surprised people on sunday. I watched the ravens vs cincinnati game a few weeks ago and their offense is terrible, to say Flacco is superior to Orton is a joke right now. I think there are going to be some big plays on their side on Offense and Defense but in the end Flacco and the ravens can't win a shootout.

broncocalijohn
10-08-2010, 12:39 AM
The scout report might be who has the advantage not who is better. While Orton is better, can our defense stop Bert from getting his passes to Heap and two good receivers while getting very little pressure unlike what Orton probably will face.

Houshyamama
10-08-2010, 12:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTDtMIwzT4s

Obviously accidental but still oh so funny :rofl:

cutthemdown
10-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I'm worried for Orton's health in this game. Ravens are a mean physical bunch and have a really tough front 7.

Throwing 50 times vs Ray Lewis and company seems like a recipe for disaster.

The MVPlaya
10-08-2010, 01:57 AM
I'm worried for Orton's health in this game. Ravens are a mean physical bunch and have a really tough front 7.

Throwing 50 times vs Ray Lewis and company seems like a recipe for disaster.

Titans are a better pass rushing team than the Ravens.

BroncoBuff
10-08-2010, 02:30 AM
That was some lazy scouting, if that dude is really a scout.

I'll grant you Orton is as good or better than Flacco, but please ... Anquan Boldin, Donte Stallworth, Houshmanzadeh, Heap, Derrick Mason. That's a pretty good receiver corps.

I dunno ... maybe it's a Shanahan-Ravens hangover, but this one is sounding like a looong day.

The Joker
10-08-2010, 02:49 AM
I'll grant you Orton is as good or better than Flacco, but please ... Anquan Boldin, Donte Stallworth, Houshmanzadeh, Heap, Derrick Mason. That's a pretty good receiver corps.

I dunno ... maybe it's a Shanahan-Ravens hangover, but this one is sounding like a looong day.

I know what you mean, but I really had the same feeling about the Titans game and we didn't wilt in that one.

I think Baltimore will be too good for us, but I expect we'll keep it close and if a few breaks go our way I think it's winnable.

We need to win the turnover battle though. I know it's crucial in every game, but I find it hard to see how we can win this one unless we create some turnovers on D and limit the mistakes on offense.

I expect the Ravens will move the ball quite well and will put up some points. We just don't have enough of a pass rush to shut down Flacco and those receivers. However we do have some playmakers in the secondary and I think Flacco will give them a chance to make some plays with an errant throw or two. That's assuming we can keep their run game in check, which I expect we will do. If not, we're in trouble.

On offense I think Orton will throw for near enough 300 yards again and I'm expecting he'll get it into the endzone a couple of times too. Can he avoid turning it over though? You can pretty much take it to the bank that we'll run the ball like a pack of losers again, so he'll be throwing to a Ravens D that is geared up to stop the pass.

My guess is that they force a couple of picks from him and the Ravens win by about 7-10 points, but one thing I absolutely don't expect is that we'll get bullied physically by the Ravens. And I'll be very annoyed if that's what happens.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-08-2010, 07:19 AM

Boldin and Housh are possession receivers and not the long-ball threats that Denver has. Stallworth hasn't played all year (you know that, right?). Mason is 75 years old. Heap isn't anything fantastic and he's been known to get dinged around quite a bit at this point in his career. The numbers don't lie. Look at the production out of Denver's receivers to this point in the season.

DenverBroncosJM
10-08-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm not buying what Scouts Inc is selling.

I think Denver gets up quickly and then the ravens play catch up all game. The ravens are not as good as they have been made out to be.

If we win the toss and can score on the first drive I think we win easily

BroncoBuff
10-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Scouts Inc. Position Advantage
QB Balt (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...based on what?)
RB Balt
WR Balt (Again. How so?)I'll grant you Orton is as good or better than Flacco, but please ... Anquan Boldin, Donte Stallworth, Houshmanzadeh, Heap, Derrick Mason. That's a pretty good receiver corps.Boldin and Housh are possession receivers and not the long-ball threats that Denver has. Stallworth hasn't played all year (you know that, right?). Mason is 75 years old. Heap isn't anything fantastic and he's been known to get dinged around quite a bit at this point in his career. The numbers don't lie. Look at the production out of Denver's receivers to this point in the season.

It's rare indeed to win an issue with Champ's endorsement ....

Broncos CB [SIZE="3"]Champ Bailey has prepped for the Ravens many times in his career, but never seen them quite like this. "It's amazingly different," he said, alluding to the acquisition of playmakers such as wide receivers T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Anquan Boldin. "The talent level, they probably have the best group in the league."

:pimp:

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Right. So, what was Champ (notorious "good sport") going to say? When has he ever downplayed an opponent in the media?

Flip those receiving corps and give Orton those guys and he doesn't have the same numbers because they can't do the things the crew in Denver can.

(BTW, you don't get an Internet +1 because you listed Stallworth. You should have known better. Maybe next time.)

BroncoBuff
10-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Haha, no I didn't realize that about Stallworth. And to be honest, Champ went too far imo, they're not the best.

As much as people hate these guys, the Bengals have the best WRs, at least now that Moss is outta NE.

HILife
10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
The Titans went into last weeks game as the 5th best passing defense and that didn't mean much to Orton, he still gave them a golden shower.

The Ravens games have all been close low-scoring games, they have won or lost by 1 point, 5 points, 7 points and 3 points and only against Cleveland did they manage to score more than 20 points which no team has managed to score against the Ravens.

If you look at our games to contrast, we have lost or won by 7, 17, 14 and 6 points and 5 times in our 4 games have a team scored more than 20 points.

These are compounding factors, definitely facing Seneca Wallace, Carson Palmer, Charlie Batch and Mark Sanchez will do good things for your pass defense, no doubt about that, but being in close games will also help because you never force the other team to go balls to the wall.

Right now I am certain that Orton will pass for more yards than any QB has managed in a Ravens game this year (Flacco 262), Orton's play depends more on the quality of the secondary than anything else and fortunately the Ravens secondary is as bad as the other ones we have faced.

What?