PDA

View Full Version : Moreno

MABroncoFan
10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
from rotoworld...

Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) returned to Broncos practice on Wednesday.

An earlier report had Moreno "definitely not full strength, or close to it," so the Broncos appear to be pushing him back from the injury. Time will tell whether it's a worthwhile approach. Moreno was slow to recover from a preseason hamstring injury, and the Broncos aren't going to run on the Ravens in Week 5 anyway. Check back Thursday for another practice update.
Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter

Mogulseeker
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
He can break off 2k in this system.

BroncoMatt
10-06-2010, 12:43 PM
he could break off 2 in this system

DomCasual
10-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I never thought I'd say it, but I long for the days when he was busting his 2.5 yard average runs. Welcome back, Knowshon.

Taco John
10-06-2010, 12:57 PM
He could break of 2.5 yards per carry in this system.

Dagmar
10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I never thought I'd say it, but I long for the days when he was busting his 2.5 yard average runs. Welcome back, Knowshon.

Yeah, it was 4.0 yds per carry against Jax, then a crappy 2.1 vs the Seahawks but he did gain 118 yards in that game.

TheReverend
10-06-2010, 01:01 PM
He could break of 2.5 yards per carry in this system.

His 2.8 average is carrying this team to it's lofty 2.2 ypc average. Both of the other backs are below 2 ypc.

Jesus christ.

azbroncfan
10-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Hamsting is better how is his bruised Vagina?

Gort
10-06-2010, 01:06 PM
any truth to the rumor that Moreno tripped over his own shadow on the way out of the clubhouse and is back on the injury list?

DomCasual
10-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah, it was 4.0 yds per carry against Jax, then a crappy 2.1 vs the Seahawks but he did gain 118 yards in that game.

But only 51 of it was on the ground, in that game. Don't get me wrong. Right now, 51 yards would feel like TD circa 1998. I don't know if I can watch much more of Laurence Maroney.

serious hops
10-06-2010, 01:16 PM
He can break off 2k in this system.

How many years does he get?

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2010, 01:20 PM
His 2.8 average is carrying this team to it's lofty 2.2 ypc average. Both of the other backs are below 2 ypc.

Jesus christ.

dare I say "absolute embarrass"?

broncocalijohn
10-06-2010, 01:22 PM
he could break off 2 in this system

beat me to it. 2 yards a carry is an accomplishment in this system.

Popps
10-06-2010, 01:23 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/PEYTONHILLIS.JPG

Hey dudes.

What's goin' on?

bronco militia
10-06-2010, 01:24 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/PEYTONHILLIS.JPG

Hey dudes.

What's goin' on?

oh shoot...I should start another thread

OBF1
10-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I hope they hold Moreno out this week, Baltimore will knock him out of the rest of the 2010 season . Better Maroney gets K-O'd than the franchise.

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I say get Andre Brown in the game and tell him he better hit the holes and lower his shoulders 'cause it's gonna be a trial by fire type of game. I'd then put it all on the offensive line and JD Walton in particular to open up so friggen holes for the kid. I'd go ballistic all over the oline this week...

orange skier
10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Hamsting is better how is his bruised Vagina?

Moreno has yet to have a full training camp. He came into camp late last year, and never really reached his full potential. This year he got hurt putting on his socks. I think he's our version of Ricky Williams. He'll be up and down for the start of his career, but will be a horse at some point down the line, once he's trained himself how get onto the field. That being said, I'm glad we have all that depth in Lendale White, Andre Brown, and the rest of the walking wounded.

Popps
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I hope they hold Moreno out this week, Baltimore will knock him out of the rest of the 2010 season . Better Maroney gets K-O'd than the franchise.

Yea, if they're pushing the issue with a hamstring injury... bad idea.

Beantown Bronco
10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
I'd go ballistic all over the oline this week...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

BroncoMan4ever
10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
from rotoworld...

Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) returned to Broncos practice on Wednesday.

An earlier report had Moreno "definitely not full strength, or close to it," so the Broncos appear to be pushing him back from the injury. Time will tell whether it's a worthwhile approach. Moreno was slow to recover from a preseason hamstring injury, and the Broncos aren't going to run on the Ravens in Week 5 anyway. Check back Thursday for another practice update.
Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter

i am not worried about Moreno being rushed back. he seems to be the type of player that needs to be pushed otherwise he will sit back until he thinks he is ready. sometimes you need to kick a player in the ass and get him going.

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2010, 02:13 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Si

Popps
10-06-2010, 02:13 PM
i am not worried about Moreno being rushed back. he seems to be the type of player that needs to be pushed otherwise he will sit back until he thinks he is ready. sometimes you need to kick a player in the ass and get him going.

Please detail the inside information or personal experience you have to justify such a statement.

DarkHorse
10-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Here's to rooting for Moreno's first 100 yard game 8')

broncswin
10-06-2010, 02:29 PM
screw it...push him back...if he gets hurt again, then we move on...time to get a knock out mentality going here.

Dagmar
10-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Here's to rooting for Moreno's first rushing 100 yard game 8')

:wave:

randomtask
10-06-2010, 02:31 PM
http://jbeaniesports.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/ws_trophy.jpg

Popps
10-06-2010, 02:37 PM
screw it...push him back...if he gets hurt again, then we move on...time to get a knock out mentality going here.

That's a horrible philosophy.

Remember Champ's last hamstring injury? It plagued him all season. That's what happens.

I have no inside info, so I won't make ridiculous claims either way. But, there's no evidence to suggest that he doesn't want to play any more than Champ when he had a hamstring issue.

We're not winning the SB this year, and our next two games are arguably our toughest opponents.

Let him sit out if he's not ready.

You people really want to be pulling guys off of the street to run the ball the rest of the year?

Moreno healthy for a stretch run is better than limping around all season.

gtown
10-06-2010, 03:43 PM

It can't be done. It's like the 4 minute mile or putting a man on the moon.

Pony Boy
10-06-2010, 03:53 PM
from rotoworld...Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) returned to Broncos practice on Wednesday.

Knowshow Moreno (hamstring) returned to Broncos practice on Wednesday.

Fixed it.....

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Noshow Moreno (hamstring) returned to Broncos practice on Wednesday.

Fixed it.....

fixed...

Mogulseeker
10-06-2010, 04:32 PM
http://www.lol-site.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/5c445_funny-dog-pictures-fixed.jpg?w=560

Shoemaker
10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Knowshow Moreno (hamstring) returned to Broncos practice on Wednesday.

Fixed it.....

Really? Did you miss the past two games or something?

Because watching our running game these past two weeks and comparing it to the first two weeks has made me appreciate Knowshon even more than I already did. He's averaging 2.8 yards per carry behind that same blocking (hell, he hasn't even had Harris to block for him yet), which is basically making something out of absolutely nothing.

I just don't understand how somebody could have watched the condition of our run game WITHOUT Knowshon and not come away with with more appreciation for his talent, given what he has been able to do in the same situation compared to Maroney/Buckhalter.

Popps
10-06-2010, 04:41 PM
really? Did you miss the past two games or something?

Because watching our running game these past two weeks and comparing it to the first two weeks has made me appreciate knowshon even more than i already did. He's averaging 2.8 yards per carry behind that same blocking (hell, he hasn't even had harris to block for him yet), which is basically making something out of absolutely nothing.

I just don't understand how somebody could have watched the condition of our run game without knowshon and not come away with with more appreciation for his talent, given what he has been able to do in the same situation compared to maroney/buckhalter.

+1

eddie mac
10-06-2010, 06:06 PM
We'd be better signing some 40 year old married man and starting him at RB cos there's no doubt he could hit the hole a lot faster and harder than any of our current running backs.:D

oubronco
10-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Biitches and hoes

Pony Boy
10-06-2010, 06:23 PM

Because watching our running game these past two weeks and comparing it to the first two weeks has made me appreciate Knowshon even more than I already did. He's averaging 2.8 yards per carry behind that same blocking (hell, he hasn't even had Harris to block for him yet), which is basically making something out of absolutely nothing.

I just don't understand how somebody could have watched the condition of our run game WITHOUT Knowshon and not come away with with more appreciation for his talent, given what he has been able to do in the same situation compared to Maroney/Buckhalter.

I had a classic 68 GT 390 Mustang once, she was a real beauty but she left me standing on the side of the road on many occasions. I finally had to part ways with her and get something I could depend on.

The Joker
10-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I had a classic 68 GT 390 Mustang once, she was a real beauty but she left me standing on the side of the road on many occasions. I finally had to part ways with her and get something I could depend on.

He's played in 18 out of the 20 games Denver has played since drafting him. In those 18 games, he's only had fewer than 10 carries in three games. Cincy (8 carries), Pittsburgh (5 carries) and Philly (9 carries) last year.

He has 286 carries as a Bronco. Beanie Wells in the same time has 195 carries, Shonn Greene has 160. LeSean McCoy 205.

The notion that Moreno hasn't been able to stay on the field is absolutely ridiculous.

Borks147
10-06-2010, 11:35 PM
He's played in 18 out of the 20 games Denver has played since drafting him. In those 18 games, he's only had fewer than 10 carries in three games. Cincy (8 carries), Pittsburgh (5 carries) and Philly (9 carries) last year.

He has 286 carries as a Bronco. Beanie Wells in the same time has 195 carries, Shonn Greene has 160. LeSean McCoy 205.

The notion that Moreno hasn't been able to stay on the field is absolutely ridiculous.

it is absolute embarrass that anyone would suggest that

Bob's your Information Minister
10-06-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm so sorry. Its tough being a Broncos fan these days.

The Joker
10-06-2010, 11:49 PM
As opposed to being a Chiefs fan, where tough days have become the norm and an accepted way of life.

Taco John
10-07-2010, 12:15 AM
I absolutely can't wait until Knowshon puts it together and starts shoving fist fulls of crow down everybody's throat, and everyone who is doubting him has to shut up, reverse course, and get right.

I can't wait...

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5126174/2/istockphoto_5126174-dinner-plate-knife-and-fork.jpg

UberBroncoMan
10-07-2010, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't be shocked of Moreno misses the next two weeks.

Ravens and Jets will murder an unhealthy/injured RB.

He can come back for the Raiders.

baja
10-07-2010, 01:29 AM
I absolutely can't wait until Knowshon puts it together and starts shoving fist fulls of crow down everybody's throat, and everyone who is doubting him has to shut up, reverse course, and get right.

I can't wait...

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5126174/2/istockphoto_5126174-dinner-plate-knife-and-fork.jpg

Way Way Way too soon to give up on Moreno.

10-07-2010, 01:51 AM
You either have it or you don't as a running back in the NFL.

It's not like playing defensive line or wide receiver.

Moreno ain't got it.

OABB
10-07-2010, 02:08 AM

Moreno ain't got it.

You have an eye for talent so this worries me. Remember how you said orton sucked and that croyle was awesome? Good times.

The Joker
10-07-2010, 02:16 AM

Moreno ain't got it.

Depends on what you define as "it".

I'd agree that he's never going to be a superstar in the league if that's what you mean, I just don't see that game changing playmaker ability in him. I know that's what a lot of people, myself included, were hoping for when we spent a first rounder on him, but backs like that just aren't that easy to come across unfortunately.

However, if he stays healthy he'll be a solid contributor for many years to come. His pass catching ability alone makes him very valuable in the McDaniels offense, and he's a good between the tackles runner who with some half decent run blocking will be solid on short yardage and goalline work. No coincidence that we haven't scored a rushing TD since he went down.

10-07-2010, 02:17 AM
You don't need an eye for talent to see that Moreno is a bust. It's obvious to anyone who isn't a homer.

10-07-2010, 02:18 AM
However, if he stays healthy he'll be a solid contributor for many years to come.

He'll be on another team within three years.

baja
10-07-2010, 02:22 AM
You don't need an eye for talent to see that Moreno is a bust. It's obvious to anyone who isn't a homer.

Your own Priest Holmes & Larry Johnson were both late bloomers.

The Joker
10-07-2010, 02:27 AM
He'll be on another team within three years.

And he'll be a solid contributor there, if so.

The Joker
10-07-2010, 02:28 AM

As was Bob, if you believe this rumour that he's finally he popped his cherry.

10-07-2010, 02:50 AM

Incorrect.

In his second pro season, Priest raped.

In his second pro season, LJ raped.

baja
10-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Incorrect.

In his second pro season, Priest raped.

...and what season is Moreno in? The next game he plays in will be his third of his second season, like I said way way way early.

Mogulseeker
10-07-2010, 04:53 AM
I'm sorry, but I think Moreno does have the IT factor. Just to hedge our bets, let's say he wont be a 5.5ypc, 2,000-yard back .... but I'd say he has Pro Bowl potential with the right line.

Pony Boy
10-07-2010, 07:12 AM

So I guess being at training camp, practicing with the team and repetitions with the QB are non-factors. All you need to do is be able to suit up for the game... I could of swore I saw a lot of LenDale White in the preseason.....I guess I was wrong... my bad

Dedhed
10-07-2010, 07:34 AM

All you have to do is Love Cutler/Shanahan/Hillis more than you do the Broncos. Then you can hate every player that McDaniels brought regardless of that players ability or contribution.

Missouribronc
10-07-2010, 07:39 AM

120 carries for 581 yards?

:thumbs:

Dagmar
10-07-2010, 07:44 AM

He wasn't talking about on the field.

_Oro_
10-07-2010, 07:45 AM
he wasn't talking about on the field.

rofl!

Missouribronc
10-07-2010, 07:48 AM
He wasn't talking about on the field.

I thought about that, and went, nah, he couldn't be talking about that, because Priest was an all-around good human being, while Larry Johnson is a grade-A dirt bag. So then, I was like, wait, I don't remember Johnson doing anything...I remember...

Vermeil to Johnson: 'Take the diapers off'
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1887031

MABroncoFan
10-07-2010, 09:46 AM
rotoworld.com today...

Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) will not practice on Thursday.

Moreno went through a limited practice on Wednesday, but clearly isn't close to 100 percent. "We can't have him out there every day at this point," said coach Josh McDaniels. Even if Moreno is active Sunday, he's likely to be in a heavy rotation against Baltimore's brutal run defense. It's a situation to avoid if you can.
Source: MaxBroncos on Twitter

Man-Goblin
10-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Knowshon's hamstring is not my favorite person right now.

Bronco_Fan_27
10-07-2010, 10:04 AM

:pray:

Popps
10-07-2010, 10:07 AM

http://pregnancy.thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/how-many-diapers-should-I-buy-for-newborn-baby.jpg

broncofan2438
10-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Wow, nothing going on for Moreno. Quite the disappointment thus far this year. Maybe put Dawkins in the backfield for some carries

Man-Goblin
10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't understand why Andre Brown hasn't gotten at least a few carries to see what he can do.

Rabb
10-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't understand why Andre Brown hasn't gotten at least a few carries to see what he can do.

this has been bothering me for the last 2 weeks also

and as much as everyone wants him back, playing Knowshon this week is a mistake, maybe even next week

If we can be competitive and split the next 2 (Baltimore and the Jets), I think we are in good shape and can start making a run

Lolad
10-07-2010, 10:26 AM
The only reason I would want Moreno back now is his pass catching. We are going to have to use a lot of screens to keep the pass rush off of Orton. With maroney's brick hands I don't see how he can be trusted to catch

Borks147
10-07-2010, 10:28 AM
this has been bothering me for the last 2 weeks also

and as much as everyone wants him back, playing Knowshon this week is a mistake, maybe even next week

If we can be competitive and split the next 2 (Baltimore and the Jets), I think we are in good shape and can start making a run

Hokay - so what could possibly be worse than no running game? No Orton. Perhaps Brown le sucks at pass blocking or blitz pickups, and McD doesn't want Orton to get killed. If thats the case, then he can sit his butt on the bench until he learns. And if they only insert him on running plays...well that kinda telegraphs the play doesn't it?

Rabb
10-07-2010, 10:29 AM
The only problem with that is, anyone on offense is going to get punished this week. Moreno is more important to us down the stretch than he is this week, I don't want to lose the kid for the season or even a few more games because we are panicking and rushing him back too quickly.

If we block better, the guys we have can fill in and produce for now while our passing game once again covers for them. I truly believe we can win this week without KM, we just cannot keep it up all season.

Rabb
10-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Hokay - so what could possibly be worse than no running game? No Orton. Perhaps Brown le sucks at pass blocking or blitz pickups, and McD doesn't want Orton to get killed. If thats the case, then he can sit his butt on the bench until he learns. And if they only insert him on running plays...well that kinda telegraphs the play doesn't it?

so you'd rather rush Knowshon out there this week against a pretty brutal defense, is that right?

meangene
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
rotoworld.com today...

Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) will not practice on Thursday.

Moreno went through a limited practice on Wednesday, but clearly isn't close to 100 percent. "We can't have him out there every day at this point," said coach Josh McDaniels. Even if Moreno is active Sunday, he's likely to be in a heavy rotation against Baltimore's brutal run defense. It's a situation to avoid if you can.
Source: MaxBroncos on Twitter

If this is accurate, no way he should play this week. Dude needs to get completely healthy!

strafen
10-07-2010, 10:40 AM
All you have to do is Love Cutler/Shanahan/Hillis more than you do the Broncos. Then you can hate every player that McDaniels brought regardless of that players ability or contribution.

All you have to do is love McDaniels more than you do the Broncos. Then you can hate every player that McDaniels cut/release/traded regardless of that players ability or contribution.
Fixed it for you.
It makes sense just as much, doesn't it?

azbroncfan
10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Moreno has been a real dissappointment so far for 12th pick in the draft. He is just Mike Bell to me.

Borks147
10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
so you'd rather rush Knowshon out there this week against a pretty brutal defense, is that right?

uuuh where the F did I mention Moreno in my post. No, I'm saying that the reason we're not seeing Brown is because McDaniels probably acknowledges that Maroney and Buck are better at pass blocking.

Rabb
10-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Jesus Christ man, take your Ritalin

wow

Borks147
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
And I agree Moreno shouldn't be rushed back. Buckhalter and Maroney will be fine. If the broncos win this week it'll be because the defense earned their bacon and we had a lot of successful screen passes to Buckhalter and Royal to stop the defense from pinning back their ears.

Pony Boy
10-07-2010, 02:58 PM

Because we spent a 4th round pick on Maroney.......

Rabb
10-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Because we spent a 4th round pick on Maroney.......

fail

the coach has proven time, and time, and time again that the best player will play

Dagmar
10-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Because we spent a 4th round pick on Maroney and a 6th.......
:welcome:

WolfpackGuy
10-07-2010, 03:15 PM
He sure has a tender hammy.

That thing must be made out of marshmallow.

Dagmar
10-07-2010, 03:47 PM
He sure has a tender hammy.

That thing must be made out of marshmallow.

This is a different one than he injured in preseason.

Two tender hammy's...