PDA

View Full Version : duh bears cut Mark Anderson

broncosteven
10-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Ok I am not one to lust after every player cut from teams especially 4 games into the season but I saw something today that is very intriguing.

Duh Bears cut Mark Anderson who is in the mold of Doom but not quite the same:

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/bears-cut-anderson-add-former-saints-de-grant/

If we have the roster depth would he be able to put up a couple sacks out of Dooms 3-4 WOLB spot and be a better option than what we have in Moss? Anderson has the speed but I don't think he has the long arms that Doom has.

Moss hasn't done much this year, Anderson did have some success early on but is way too small for a 4-3 cover 2 DE.

Would bringing him in for some 3rd and long pass rush pop be prudent?

PRBronco
10-06-2010, 09:42 AM
He already signed with Texans I think. I was open to the idea though tbqh.

Hulamau
10-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Hunter is in that spot and has helped set the edge and stopping the run. No sacks yet but that is likely to come more from Ayers side anyway with enough pressure from Hunter's side to help. Moss I havent seen much of.

They aren't likley to bring anyone else in at OLB at this late date barring injury. Not going to dump HUnter or Moss this season. And Hunter they have high hopes for going forward.

Popps
10-06-2010, 10:08 AM
McDaniels was very praising of Hunter's play at his press conference. As we all know, McD doesn't just throw around the praise without good reason. I haven't watched the game again, but apparently Hunter is playing very well.

I would like to see more pass-rush from that side, though. As in... SOME pass rush as opposed to none.

broncosteven
10-06-2010, 10:17 AM
He already signed with Texans I think. I was open to the idea though tbqh.

Apparently the point is moot.

BroncoMan4ever
10-06-2010, 12:11 PM
McDaniels was very praising of Hunter's play at his press conference. As we all know, McD doesn't just throw around the praise without good reason. I haven't watched the game again, but apparently Hunter is playing very well.

I would like to see more pass-rush from that side, though. As in... SOME pass rush as opposed to none.

dude was a huge part of shutting down Johnson. he isn't really gettting near the QB much, but he is setting the edge pretty well and is seemingly doing pretty well in the run game.

jhns
10-06-2010, 12:22 PM
These bastards stole Charles Grant from the Omaha Nighthawks, which is why they cut this guy. I'm not sure I would want a guy that was cut for a UFL player. I also just wanted to call them bastards for taking Grant.

Steve Sewell
10-06-2010, 12:37 PM
These bastards stole Charles Grant from the Omaha Nighthawks, which is why they cut this guy. I'm not sure I would want a guy that was cut for a UFL player. I also just wanted to call them bastards for taking Grant.

You must be in heaven with Sundquist running the show there.

Smiling Assassin27
10-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Pass. Now Julius Jones might be worth looking at.

jhns
10-06-2010, 01:03 PM
You must be in heaven with Sundquist running the show there.

Yes, I am. He brought in some old Broncos and it is fun to watch them. Putzier just caught the game winning TD in the last game. The only problem is the list of old Broncos on the Nighthawks include Clarett. You would think Sundquist would want to distance himself from this guy.

Anyways, Sundquist isn't really running the show. He is kind of low ranking in the organization with the title of director of player personnel. Rick Mueller is GM. How the mighty have fallen.

cmhargrove
10-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I hate to bring up old "glory days," but I worked out with Mark the Spring and Summer he was drafted. I was teaching Judo at the time, and he worked his ass off trying to learn how to use his body weight, throw people around, and get separation when necessary. He did great his first year.

After that, it's like he lost it. No explosiveness, not the same fighter. Never really played much like his rookie year again.

broncosteven
10-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I hate to bring up old "glory days," but I worked out with Mark the Spring and Summer he was drafted. I was teaching Judo at the time, and he worked his ass off trying to learn how to use his body weight, throw people around, and get separation when necessary. He did great his first year.

After that, it's like he lost it. No explosiveness, not the same fighter. Never really played much like his rookie year again.

He had 12 sacks that year.