PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Betting

That One Guy
10-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Lines this week look better than last week but I need someone to talk me out of putting my whole account on this one:

Jax -1 (-110) vs Buffalo

Anyone got any explanation for that? Jax just beat Indy and Buffalo got embarrassed by NYJ and haven't played well all season.

Dedhed
10-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Lines this week look better than last week but I need someone to talk me out of putting my whole account on this one:

Jax -1 (-110) vs Buffalo

Anyone got any explanation for that? Jax just beat Indy and Buffalo got embarrassed by NYJ and haven't played well all season.

Florida team in Buffalo. It's getting pretty raw in New England these days.

The Colts always struggle against the Jags, just like we do for some reason. The Jags are terrible, and against a team with a poor offense (the jags), I think the Bills have a chance to win that game.

That One Guy
10-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Florida team in Buffalo. It's getting pretty raw in New England these days.

The Colts always struggle against the Jags, just like we do for some reason. The Jags are terrible, and against a team with a poor offense (the jags), I think the Bills have a chance to win that game.

I can agree with most of that, I guess. I was absolutely astounded to see the Colts lost that one (and my parlay) so I'm probably putting too much weight on that.

59 and mostly sunny in Buffalo for Sunday according to the current forecast. I haven't seen a single Jags game on TV though so I may not realize how bad they are.

Thanks, I didn't want to throw away my whole account but it looked too good on first glance. We all know what they say about things that appear too good to be true.

KS Bronco
10-05-2010, 08:37 PM
I took the jags and the saints (-7 vs ariz) so far

jebures
10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I am still debating but I like the vikes +4 at the jets

That One Guy
10-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I am still debating but I like the vikes +4 at the jets

The Vikes are currently X'd at Bodog and not available on Betphoenix, I wonder if they're waiting on the Moss thing to clear up.

That One Guy
10-05-2010, 08:45 PM

Saints scare me right now. The last two games, they should not have struggled. I definitely don't like them to sit on a 7 pt lead.

Not that they wont, I believe in Brees, but they have something going on with them.

DenverBroncosJM
10-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I took Denver and Cleveland on the moneyline last week, that was nice win.

I have not had a chance to look over the lines this week I'll post back when I do. I always stay away from home dogs but maybe I shouldn't after last week

That One Guy
10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Oh, another game I think looks solid is SD-6. KC+9 is intriguing. Anyone got thoughts on those?

I know we had some real KC haters 2 weeks ago but I hit on em so I have to be skeptical. I bet my account on Oak to mess it up in the 2nd half last week and they came through but they are getting better and I think if I go back to that well too many times, it's gonna bite me.

That One Guy
10-05-2010, 08:56 PM
If Cutler plays, Bears - 1 1/2 looks good but it's already at -122 and the starting QB isn't known.

Baba Booey
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Do you guys bet online anywhere?

jebures
10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
bodog.com

RhymesayersDU
10-05-2010, 09:12 PM
bodog.com

This.

Baba Booey
10-05-2010, 09:21 PM
That's what I thought. Did that all through college.

Haven't done it in a while, though. Everything still legit? Just link it to checking or whatever?

HAT
10-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I love,love,love 2 games this week.....Problem is, both teams I'm fading are coming off of byes so I'm gonna puss out and tease.

2 team 6 point teaser:
Cincy -.5
INDY -2

LARGE.

I will most likely be taking Denver + as well but I will wait until Sunday as there is a good chance joe public moves that line to +7.5

DenverBroncosJM
10-05-2010, 10:21 PM
bodog.com

Bookmaker.com

azbroncfan
10-05-2010, 11:09 PM

Have the saints covered all year? They have looked terrible for the most part.

i4jelway7
10-06-2010, 02:58 AM
5dimes.com

KS Bronco
10-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Have the saints covered all year? They have looked terrible for the most part.

Did u see the cardinals last week??

azbroncfan
10-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Did u see the cardinals last week??

Go ahead lay the farm on the Saints who haven't covered all year and they have played two 0-4 teams. Give 7 points on the road team that isn't playing very well. I don't care how Arizona looks because they are historically bad on the road and good at home. Saints shouldn't be giving 7 to anyone right now but that's my opinion.

SoDak Bronco
10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Go ahead lay the farm on the Saints who haven't covered all year and they have played two 0-4 teams. Give 7 points on the road team that isn't playing very well. I don't care how Arizona looks because they are historically bad on the road and good at home. Saints shouldn't be giving 7 to anyone right now but that's my opinion.

max hall playing qb though? That has to look pretty good to Gregg Williams

MileHighMagic
10-06-2010, 11:40 AM
I freaking hate that bodog doesn't let you buy points. They ocassionally let you buy a half or full point when THEY allow it. Bodog is great if you like dogs. If you're even a semi-serious gambler, you need multiple accounts to get the best lines.

azbroncfan
10-06-2010, 11:54 AM
max hall playing qb though? That has to look pretty good to Gregg Williams

They are giving the money away then so lay the farm on it if you pretty confident. I just am not confident either way.

That One Guy
10-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I freaking hate that bodog doesn't let you buy points. They ocassionally let you buy a half or full point when THEY allow it. Bodog is great if you like dogs. If you're even a semi-serious gambler, you need multiple accounts to get the best lines.

Bodog props rock.

Betphoenix lets me buy points but I never have. What's the point, really? I just pick games that I like and let the dice fall where they may. You can quickly end up with a -150 or something for buying a few points and if they're gonna cover 1, chances are that they're probably gonna cover 3 too. Such a small window doesn't happen all that often.

Just my opinion, of course.

That One Guy
10-06-2010, 01:32 PM
That's what I thought. Did that all through college.

Haven't done it in a while, though. Everything still legit? Just link it to checking or whatever?

Eh, it's kinda hit or miss. Some banks have actually prevented money transfers, I've heard. You can usually do it but you have to ensure you don't tell the bank what it's for. When I did mine, my bank wanted to know so I told em I was buying some custom developed software from overseas. Just have something ready incase they ask.

That One Guy
10-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I love,love,love 2 games this week.....Problem is, both teams I'm fading are coming off of byes so I'm gonna puss out and tease.

2 team 6 point teaser:
Cincy -.5
INDY -2

LARGE.

I will most likely be taking Denver + as well but I will wait until Sunday as there is a good chance joe public moves that line to +7.5

Curious and lazy, what does that pay?

HAT
10-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Curious and lazy, what does that pay?

Most shops offer the following on 2 team teasers:

6 points: -110
6.5: -120
7: -130

You can still find a few places that pay +100 on 2 team 6 pointers though.

That One Guy
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Some props are coming out on Bodog

Denver over/Under 75 yds rushing against Balt - if only I didn't have an issue with rooting for the Broncos' failure. That seems a lock.

Also, equally locked I think, Orton over 4200 yds on the season. He already has 1419 in 4 games and they're asking for 2781 yds in 12 games? Without a doubt.

That One Guy
10-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Alright, so a couple days ago I got on SD -6 and Jax -1. We'll call each 1 unit.

Today, I noticed Jax has gone from -1 to +1. I put 1.7 units on them as well.

Afterwards, I realized if you're gonna take someone +1, why not take the ML and get the +105 rather than the -103 I was getting on the spread. So I dumped the rest of my account on it.

11.5 units on Jax now. If I lose, I don't have to worry about my betphoenix account anymore. If I win, I should be able to cash that account out. I hate betphoenix.

That One Guy
10-09-2010, 02:50 PM
They're offering the Orton deal at 250 1/2 - just like last week. It seems so silly. Balt is giving up an astounding 119 passing yards per game! I didn't realize they were that stout. I wasn't going to take it just by inherent respect for the Balt passing game but holy crap, after seeing that, no way I take it.

I was watching some ESPN talk radio deal while at a restaurant for lunch yesterday. The guy was talking about how you should bet against your team every single weekend. He likened it to life insurance and said it's for preservation of his well-being. I thought it was amusing but I still refuse to bet against my team.

KS Bronco
10-09-2010, 03:03 PM
They're offering the Orton deal at 250 1/2 - just like last week. It seems so silly. Balt is giving up an astounding 119 passing yards per game! I didn't realize they were that stout. I wasn't going to take it just by inherent respect for the Balt passing game but holy crap, after seeing that, no way I take it.

I was watching some ESPN talk radio deal while at a restaurant for lunch yesterday. The guy was talking about how you should bet against your team every single weekend. He likened it to life insurance and said it's for preservation of his well-being. I thought it was amusing but I still refuse to bet against my team.

i took that last week and won 50 on it. that said, staying away from it this week! there's a few reception props that are enticing, like gaffney o/u 3.5, but our offense spreads it around so well it's hard to predict who's gonna be a big target each week.
i did take sam bradford over 2.5 td's/interception total as well as seneca wallace completions under 17.5 (he must play for the bet to be valid and jake delhomme is starting, im hoping seneca wallace gets in there for just a couple plays!!)

That One Guy
10-09-2010, 03:15 PM
i took that last week and won 50 on it. that said, staying away from it this week! there's a few reception props that are enticing, like gaffney o/u 3.5, but our offense spreads it around so well it's hard to predict who's gonna be a big target each week.
i did take sam bradford over 2.5 td's/interception total as well as seneca wallace completions under 17.5 (he must play for the bet to be valid and jake delhomme is starting, im hoping seneca wallace gets in there for just a couple plays!!)

Wow, I started drinking early so I don't know if that has any influence but I think that is an amazing angle on the Seneca Wallace move. Beautiful logic. I love it.

I think if they really start to blitz Orton (which they can do if we're not trying to run it), we could go to the short pass/screen to get their rushers to back off. Do you think Gaffney is the most likely to benefit from those passes? He can hit ~4 on any given day but I like that account to be bets that I feel very confident in. Unfortunately, I've almost gotten no Broncos games this year so I really haven't been able to follow as close as I'd like.

That One Guy
10-09-2010, 03:32 PM
I took Denver + Balt FGs over 3 1/2 for 1 unit. I think with our RZ woes and a decent D along with what could easily be a relatively low scoring game, either team could do 4 FGs by themselves. As long as the score stays low, we shouldn't see as many 4th down attempts as we did a few weeks ago.

Oh, and I might take the longest FG over 43 yds. Again, it depends on whether the game is slow and low scoring. If it becomes a one side beat down, it'd fall on its face as well.

RhymesayersDU
10-09-2010, 03:36 PM
They are giving the money away then so lay the farm on it if you pretty confident. I just am not confident either way.

Yeah this is a tough call. While I agree with "take the defending champs against a rook making his first start on a bad team" theory, I think I'm inclined to agree with AZ here. The Saints may very well cover, but I'd stay away from that game.

Also, I'm going to stay off that Orton bet this week. But then again I think we're going to get slaughtered. I'd totally bet the under 75 yards rushing but I agree, I'm not rooting for us to do poorly. Even if I try to justify it as "what will be will be, nothing I do will effect the outcome" it's still just wrong.

RhymesayersDU
10-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Bodog props rock.

Betphoenix lets me buy points but I never have. What's the point, really? I just pick games that I like and let the dice fall where they may. You can quickly end up with a -150 or something for buying a few points and if they're gonna cover 1, chances are that they're probably gonna cover 3 too. Such a small window doesn't happen all that often.

Just my opinion, of course.

On BoDog, like somebody said, they don't let you buy points often. Usually it's just on the spreads like 3.5 or 7.5 or whatever, you can get the spread to an even 3 or 7. I almost always do buy the half point, because I just know I'd kill myself if I lose by the half point.

Conversely, it's funny, because in my experience, in the bets that I've purchased the half point, I haven't needed it. So you're kind of right re: the teams will cover either way. But I still do it just in case.

i4jelway7
10-10-2010, 06:12 AM
I'll be on the following for this game

broncos/ravens over 38.5 @ -125

Boldin under 5.5 receptions (Bailey covering him, seems like a great prop)

I also like A. Collie under 5.5 receptions against the queefs

i4jelway7
10-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I'll be on the following for this game

broncos/ravens over 38.5 @ -125

Boldin under 5.5 receptions (Bailey covering him, seems like a great prop)

I also like A. Collie under 5.5 receptions against the queefs

3 winners!!!!

KS Bronco
10-10-2010, 01:51 PM
3 winners!!!!

well done! im having a positive day so far too!

That One Guy
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Alright, so a couple days ago I got on SD -6 and Jax -1. We'll call each 1 unit.

Today, I noticed Jax has gone from -1 to +1. I put 1.7 units on them as well.

Afterwards, I realized if you're gonna take someone +1, why not take the ML and get the +105 rather than the -103 I was getting on the spread. So I dumped the rest of my account on it.

11.5 units on Jax now. If I lose, I don't have to worry about my betphoenix account anymore. If I win, I should be able to cash that account out. I hate betphoenix.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! Gonna try and cash out that account now. jax game started 3-13 and they came back for me. SD would be icing and after the 12-0 start, they seem to be doing better.

Prop bet lost. i think i was expecting Bronco game to go a little differently.

i4jelway7
10-10-2010, 03:31 PM
well done! im having a positive day so far too!

also cashed on boldin under 75.5 receiving yards, & denver over 8 for the 2nd half.. didn't do as well on some other halftime bets..
(ie stl -1 2nd half, car/chi 2nd half over 15.5, & hou over 13.5 2nd half)

I'm on Tenn +7 for the 2nd half now.. see how that goes, I wanted to take SD over 13.5 for the 2nd half but the juice was too high

That One Guy
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Stinkin' SD, they gave that game away as much as any game I've ever seen.

It really sucks when you bet on a game and come away KNOWING you picked the best team and yet you lost.

Oh well, up 10+ units today is a success.

That One Guy
10-11-2010, 12:08 PM
OK, so I still hate betphoenix. I didn't realize that part of the turnover required was also the entire deposit. So... looks like I'm back to dumping money on that account.

Picking opposing parlays for tonight to get turnover. Vikes+4 1/2 and the under, Jets - 4 1/2 and the over.

That One Guy
10-11-2010, 09:35 PM
OK, so I still hate betphoenix. I didn't realize that part of the turnover required was also the entire deposit. So... looks like I'm back to dumping money on that account.

Picking opposing parlays for tonight to get turnover. Vikes+4 1/2 and the under, Jets - 4 1/2 and the over.

Wowzers, that pick six won this bet for me. Don't think I'll be doing it that way anymore. That was nerve wrecking trying to root for both teams.

I also had a $100 bill on Keller to get a TD before Shiancoe. If not for the pouring rain, he pulls in that one just before the half and I'm a happy man.

Already got my bets for next week starting so I guess I'll go make a new thread.

i4jelway7
10-12-2010, 08:30 AM
I cashed the Moss scores a TD prop for +130