PDA

View Full Version : Your Official 2010-2011 General NBA Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RhymesayersDU
10-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, it's about that time. Your General NBA thread for the 2010-2011 season. I think it's going to be a real good season. The offseason was bananas, for obvious reasons. We're coming off another Lakers championship. Miami is apparently the basketball center of the universe. Kevin Durant is beyond ridiculous. The Knicks got Amar'e. Do the Celtics or Spurs have another run in them?

But for me personally, there's three main storylines I'm looking forward to. I realize everybody will have their own, and I'm excited to see what fans of different teams are excited for. But here's what I'm looking forward to seeing:

http://fabulousbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lakers-2010-nba-champions.jpg

1) Will anybody be able to unseat the defending champs out West? Are we heading for another dynasty?

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/f813278508bb4395954a3641f1559c3e-getty-102526428ms016_miami_heat_i.jpg

2) Look, I've bought into the hype. Period. I didn't watch their pre-season game tonight, but my eyes will be glued to the TV come opening night. Will the Heat just waltz into an NBA Finals showdown with the Lakers? Will their lack of depth be their downfall?

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Denver+Nuggets+v+Charlotte+Bobcats+1ZXGLLEgY-ol.jpg

3) Ah, the boys in blue & gold. Let's face it, we're not talking about wins and losses, we're talking about the guy on the right. Carmelo. He's gone I'm sure. The question is, can the Nuggets swing a good trade, dump some salary, and get the rebuild started efficiently? I had talked myself into being OK with the trade to the Nets. But apparently that's dead. So we'll have to see what the future of this team holds as we get closer to February.

PREMIER NIGHT IS TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26TH!
HEAT @ CELTICS, 7:30 PM EST (TNT)
SUNS @ TRAILBLAZERS, 10:00 PM EST
ROCKETS @ LAKERS, 10:30 PM EST (TNT)

WHAT SAY YOU, NBA FAN? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE UPCOMING SEASON?

OBF1
10-05-2010, 08:35 PM
May I be the first to say..... GO LAKERS

Dedhed
10-05-2010, 08:35 PM
My only wish for the coming NBA season is that the Heat have a losing record.

RhymesayersDU
10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
My only wish for the coming NBA season is that the Heat have a losing record.

I was wondering what the Heat backlash would be. I gotta say, I'm excited to see them. Plus, my hatred is reserved for division rivals and the Lakers. I just don't really hate Eastern Conference teams.

Dedhed
10-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I was wondering what the Heat backlash would be. I gotta say, I'm excited to see them. Plus, my hatred is reserved for division rivals and the Lakers. I just don't really hate Eastern Conference teams.

I think it's beyond queer what those guys did, and, for me, guarantees that Lebron will never legitimately be compared to Jordan.

Man-Goblin
10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Watched the heat preseason game for about 20 minutes. Then Wade got hurt. What a surprise! Apparently, he didn't time his steroids cycle right.

In other news, the Nuggets have a chance to be the only team in West that can challenge the Lakers! Just like last year, until they lost their coach, and the year before.

Oh but wait. Their star player's fame whore wife wants a bigger city. Nevermind that last part.

Too bad the Bulls locked up Noah. It's almost impossible now, but a Deng-Noah trade would have made the Nuggets better than they would have been with Melo. Oh well.

Melo will get traded. But unfortunately it won't be until after the season starts. I fear that the closer it gets to February the more his value goes down. Hopefully, it will be the opposite and spark a bidding war between teams with actual assets.

RhymesayersDU
10-05-2010, 10:01 PM
I like Noah a lot but do not like Deng or his contract.

Man-Goblin
10-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I like Noah a lot but do not like Deng or his contract.

The contract is the thing. The trade would have never happened anyway because the Nuggets don't want to take on money. But would they have been better? Yes.

By about the middle of December, they would have had 5 legitimate big men. 5. All with different skill sets. Not even the Lakers could have boasted that, and the Nuggets would have had as many fouls to give as they wanted. Plus, they would have replaced the small forward spot and about 75% of Melo's scoring.

Add that to the fact that Noah is a great defensive player and Deng is better on D than Melo. Yes, they would have been better.

And since it's not my wallet, I could give a damn about Deng's contract. Cap space means nothing. No superstar player is going to want to go play in cold ass Denver after Melo, K-Mart, probably JR, and maybe Chauncey are gone after 2010-11.

RhymesayersDU
10-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Deng isn't better than Melo in anything. He's not that good.

Cap space means everything. If Durant can re-up in OKC, anything is possible. LOL @ "cold-ass Denver."

TDmvp
10-06-2010, 05:32 AM
http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/lebron-fail.jpg

GO CELTS !!!
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8bUauuCHTF9G1M:http://wallpapers-diq.com/wallpapers/54/NBA_Boston_Celtics_Logo.jpg&t=1

OABB
10-06-2010, 06:27 AM
As these threads are always my favorites, I just want to say I'm excited. Hey has anyone seen lex?

What a failure.

Anyways, let's go lakers!

Man-Goblin
10-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Deng isn't better than Melo in anything. He's not that good.

Cap space means everything. If Durant can re-up in OKC, anything is possible. LOL @ "cold-ass Denver."

Sure, Deng is a poor man's Melo. Everyone knows that. But you would also be getting Noah and probably a couple of picks. I just think the defense and rebounding they'd pick up would cancel out the scoring they would lose, with the Deng and Harrington additions picking up some of the scoring slack.

And don't get me wrong. I love Denver. There's not a place on the planet I would rather live. But it won't be a desirable FA landing spot, especially if the Nuggets are a poor team. We've seen it before. So other than being able to take on salary in trades, cap space is meaningless.

Durant is a different cat. At this point in his career it doesn't seem to matter to him where he plays. With him in particular I don't see that changing, especially since the OKC looks like they're going to be good for a long time. But in reality, all he did was re-up after his first contract. Even Melo and Lebron did that.

The point is, unless you really care about Stan Kroenke's wallet, any cap space the Nuggets 'gain' will only land them the Charlie Villanuevas of the league and not anyone that really matters.

Do you have 2-3 names of superstars that are going to be available in the next couple years that you think would come to Denver? Am I missing something here?

Rock Chalk
10-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Watched the heat preseason game for about 20 minutes. Then Wade got hurt. What a surprise! Apparently, he didn't time his steroids cycle right.

In other news, the Nuggets have a chance to be the only team in West that can challenge the Lakers! Just like last year, until they lost their coach, and the year before.

Oh but wait. Their star player's fame whore wife wants a bigger city. Nevermind that last part.

Too bad the Bulls locked up Noah. It's almost impossible now, but a Deng-Noah trade would have made the Nuggets better than they would have been with Melo. Oh well.

Melo will get traded. But unfortunately it won't be until after the season starts. I fear that the closer it gets to February the more his value goes down. Hopefully, it will be the opposite and spark a bidding war between teams with actual assets.

Except that two years ago they werent the only team the challenge the Lakers. In fact, they didnt even give them their best Challenge.

Rockets took em to 7 without T-Mac or Yao. Nuggets got beat in what, 5?

Rockets were the only team to take the lakers to 7 that season.

Of course, last year the boys in red and gold sucked, but I got confidence this year!

spdirty
10-06-2010, 08:04 AM
I just want to see Melo have to play a regular season game in blue and gold before getting traded. Heard he attended an MMA fight and once the fans heard he was there a glorious chant of "**** YOU MELO!" took the place over.

The NBA is screwed.

Man-Goblin
10-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Except that two years ago they werent the only team the challenge the Lakers. In fact, they didnt even give them their best Challenge.

Rockets took em to 7 without T-Mac or Yao. Nuggets got beat in what, 5?

Rockets were the only team to take the lakers to 7 that season.

Of course, last year the boys in red and gold sucked, but I got confidence this year!

Nuggets lost in 6. I really thought they had a chance to beat them, but they lost games 1 and 5 at Staples with stupid execution inside the final minute. Still burns me up.

TheChamp24
10-06-2010, 08:27 AM
One reason why I like the NFL structure is the franchise tag, so **** like Melo/James/Bosh bolting doesn't happen.
It royally pisses me off the Nuggets will be forced to trade or have him walk away in free agency, a guy who probably if he keeps it up will be a Hall of Famer. The Nuggets are willing to give him money, and begging him to stay and stay a perennial contender with him. But he wants to be whipped and in the glorious fame of the Nets. If he doesn't stay, I hope he falters soooooooooo bad.

worm
10-06-2010, 10:54 AM
GMs pick Lakers to win NBA title
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5654644

...Bryant (79 percent) was the pick of the GMs as the player they'd rely on to take a shot with the game on the line...

Oh Lexxxxxxxxx!

24champ
10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HfQJ5JBHX7A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HfQJ5JBHX7A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

8')

ohiobronco2
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
GMs pick Lakers to win NBA title
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5654644

...Bryant (79 percent) was the pick of the GMs as the player they'd rely on to take a shot with the game on the line...

Oh Lexxxxxxxxx!

Rumor has it that LeBron thinks that race played a factor in the GM's selecting the lakers.

Bahshay
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM

My hate for the Heat stems from the fact that they might have begun the downfall of the NBA as a legitimate sports league. When the 3 of them banded together, every other superstar took notice. The Celtics started the trend by getting 3 all-stars together, but that now isn't enough. Most superstars now want to be teamed with 1 or 2 additional superstars. Amare is trying to build his team in NY, and might be able to pull it off. Carmelo wants to be traded. CP3 wants out. Tony Parker (though not quite at the level of the last 2) will probably choose to sign with the team that gives him a chance to compete. Unfortunately, competing now means compiling talent comparable to the Lakers and Heat.

When almost all of the 10-12 legitimate stars of the league band together onto 5 teams, whats the point of watching the other 25 teams? I honestly think some teams begin to fold over the next few years as they lose fans. Other teams will hold out longer but will give up eventually. If only 4-5 teams have any chance at competing, why would the fans show up for the other teams? Most teams are already losing money as it is.

I'm a Sixers fan, but I'm cheering for OKC this year. I think Durant is the league's last hope.

Missouribronc
10-06-2010, 02:04 PM
3) Ah, the boys in blue & gold. Let's face it, we're not talking about wins and losses, we're talking about the guy on the right. Carmelo. He's gone I'm sure. The question is, can the Nuggets swing a good trade, dump some salary, and get the rebuild started efficiently? I had talked myself into being OK with the trade to the Nets. But apparently that's dead. So we'll have to see what the future of this team holds as we get closer to February.

He's as good as gone. If the Nuggets front office is stupid enough to play a season with him and then let him go for nothing, then they deserve to suck as bad as they will suck when him, Billups and Karl are gone.

Back to being the perennial doormat, the last seven or eight years was at least entertaining.

War Todd Lichti.

RhymesayersDU
10-06-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm not giving up. Yeah we're starting over, but we kind of needed to anyways. Do I want to lose Carmelo? Of course not. But we need to lose KMart, Nene, etc. We have a lot of highly paid slugs on our team who are keeping our hands tied and not performing on the court.

Like I said, I want to keep Carmelo, but a rebuild was in order either way.

gunns
10-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Didn't the season just end yesterday???

My one astute prediction for the new season. The Jazz will still suck and still won't get why. Poor Williams

GO CELTS!

RhymesayersDU
10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
The Jazz won't suck. Not under Sloan.

They might not be a top-tier team, but they won't suck.

Missouribronc
10-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm not giving up. Yeah we're starting over, but we kind of needed to anyways. Do I want to lose Carmelo? Of course not. But we need to lose KMart, Nene, etc. We have a lot of highly paid slugs on our team who are keeping our hands tied and not performing on the court.

Like I said, I want to keep Carmelo, but a rebuild was in order either way.

You have to build around Nene and J.R. Smith then, if you don't trade Melo. I think, even as painful as it is, they just have to trade him. At least with the rumored trade you get Favors, who you could build around.

Unless Melo signs the extension, in my opinioin, you have to trade him. If you dont , you're just good enough to not have a high draft pick to get someone to build toward the future, and you're stuck building around roll players in Smith, Nene and Lawson. That's not a playoff team.

Dedhed
10-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Basketball is for big people who are to soft to play football.

Missouribronc
10-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Basketball is for big people who are to soft to play football.

I'm 5-3 and I love both sports...so with all due respect...kiss my buttocks!

P.S. There is a lot of sarcasm in this post, please don't take it seriously.

RhymesayersDU
10-06-2010, 07:54 PM
You have to build around Nene and J.R. Smith then, if you don't trade Melo. I think, even as painful as it is, they just have to trade him. At least with the rumored trade you get Favors, who you could build around.

Unless Melo signs the extension, in my opinioin, you have to trade him. If you dont , you're just good enough to not have a high draft pick to get someone to build toward the future, and you're stuck building around roll players in Smith, Nene and Lawson. That's not a playoff team.

Agreed, which is why I liked the NJ trade. I thought Favors would be a real nice start to the rebuild.

Yeah, letting Carmelo walk isn't an option. They have to get something.

Man-Goblin
10-06-2010, 08:47 PM
I would have taken the NJ trade too. But it's obvious that once the kid ran the financials by his dad it was a no go because he didn't want the AK47 contract for a year. Melo was even posting pics of himself wearing a "run this town" t-shirt. It was a done deal and it was killed at the last minute by the guy who writes the checks. It's distressing, to say the least, and I hope the front office didn't kill their credibility league wide.

In a way, they're right. There's no way they should have to take on salary when they're unloading a top 10 player in the league. But they'll be hard pressed to find a better deal. They could still revisit some form of the deal, but it will be tough, especially if Favors impresses early on.

24champ
10-06-2010, 10:16 PM
GO CELTS !!!
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:8bUauuCHTF9G1M:http://wallpapers-diq.com/wallpapers/54/NBA_Boston_Celtics_Logo.jpg&t=1

GO CELTS!

Ha!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kmYePr5Dvoo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kmYePr5Dvoo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ZONA
10-06-2010, 10:59 PM
The NBA is still almost a month away. Too early to be talking whoops. Anybody see Jason in McLA or whatever his name is? I haven't seen him around here at all. Not since he said how much more he loved the Broncos then he did the Lakers, yeah right. Here we are coming up on week 5 of the NFL season and he's over there in the War forum talking it up and hardly 2 words from him on anything Broncos related since training camp and here we are coming up on week 5 already. No big deal. But at least this year when he's in here talking about the Lakers and says how much more he loves the Broncos then he does the Lakers, we'll know he's just all talk.

ROFL!ROFL!

24champ
10-06-2010, 11:50 PM
The NBA is still almost a month away. Too early to be talking whoops. Anybody see Jason in McLA or whatever his name is? I haven't seen him around here at all. Not since he said how much more he loved the Broncos then he did the Lakers, yeah right. Here we are coming up on week 5 of the NFL season and he's over there in the War forum talking it up and hardly 2 words from him on anything Broncos related since training camp and here we are coming up on week 5 already. No big deal. But at least this year when he's in here talking about the Lakers and says how much more he loves the Broncos then he does the Lakers, we'll know he's just all talk.

ROFL!ROFL!

Dude you need to see a psychiatrist this must be your 100th post on the subject and futhermore Jason responded to you in your thread... here you are once again, going mental and being obsessed with Laker fans. As I have said in another thread, Laker fans on this forum have been living in your head rent free since your Suns got their ass beat in the playoffs last year. Ha!

worm
10-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Annnnndddd the thread picks right up where it left off last year. Awesome!

Missouribronc
10-07-2010, 07:55 AM
I would have taken the NJ trade too. But it's obvious that once the kid ran the financials by his dad it was a no go because he didn't want the AK47 contract for a year. Melo was even posting pics of himself wearing a "run this town" t-shirt. It was a done deal and it was killed at the last minute by the guy who writes the checks. It's distressing, to say the least, and I hope the front office didn't kill their credibility league wide.

In a way, they're right. There's no way they should have to take on salary when they're unloading a top 10 player in the league. But they'll be hard pressed to find a better deal. They could still revisit some form of the deal, but it will be tough, especially if Favors impresses early on.

The front office lost all credibility when they fired Warkentien and Chapman and then went bargain basement on a new GM.

Missouribronc
10-07-2010, 07:56 AM
The NBA is still almost a month away.

19 days.

ZONA
10-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Dude you need to see a psychiatrist this must be your 100th post on the subject and futhermore Jason responded to you in your thread... here you are once again, going mental and being obsessed with Laker fans. As I have said in another thread, Laker fans on this forum have been living in your head rent free since your Suns got their ass beat in the playoffs last year. Ha!

Hmmm, I think you will find that I only posted once in that thread and then my first mention of it in this thread was the 2nd. 100th post about it you say. Good lord your math sucks as bad as our running game right now. Let's see if you can count this. How many Lakers players does it take to win a Championship?

ONE
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/obama-middle-finger-01.jpg

Here's to all you Laker flamers who are disguised as Bronco fans - hahahahaha
http://stuffeducatedlatinoslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beer.jpg

Rock Chalk
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Nuggets lost in 6. I really thought they had a chance to beat them, but they lost games 1 and 5 at Staples with stupid execution inside the final minute. Still burns me up.

yes well, still not 7 games :P

I was furious this summer when the rumors down here started flying that Melo might come to the Rockets.

I would not be able to cheer for my team. I cannot and will not root for Melo to do anything but rot. I hate that guy.

Baba Booey
10-07-2010, 12:56 PM
My favorite team is Kobe Bryant. I can't wait til he styles all over Lebron when they meet up.

24champ
10-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Hmmm, I think you will find that I only posted once in that thread and then my first mention of it in this thread was the 2nd. 100th post about it you say. 100th post about it you say. Good lord your math sucks as bad as our running game right now.

Least I don't have an inferiority complex with a segment of the Bronco fans that happens to root for another team in other sports. Maybe you need to go see Dr. Drew and get over your obsession with Laker fans. Ha!

http://blog.vh1.com/files/2008/01/dr_drew_interview.jpg

How many Lakers players does it take to win a Championship?

Hey dip****, how many Suns players does it take to win a Championship? :rofl:

TerrElway
10-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Didn't the season just end yesterday???

My one astute prediction for the new season. The Jazz will still suck and still won't get why. Poor Williams

GO CELTS!

They'll be fine. They may start a little slow as all the new guys get used to the system and each other but they will be playing their best ball by the end of the season. DWill will make good on his promise to make Al Jefferson (who was born to play in the Jazz system) an All Star and Raja Bell will get kicked out of at least one Laker game for trying to go MMA with Kobe. I see 53 wins, again, after a slow start and all of SLC panics.

TheChamp24
10-07-2010, 02:50 PM
yes well, still not 7 games :P

I was furious this summer when the rumors down here started flying that Melo might come to the Rockets.

I would not be able to cheer for my team. I cannot and will not root for Melo to do anything but rot. I hate that guy.

If he does end up screwing over the Nuggets and basically "ruining" the franchise, then yeah, he can go rot.

Missouribronc
10-07-2010, 03:01 PM
If he does end up screwing over the Nuggets and basically "ruining" the franchise, then yeah, he can go rot.

He only screws over the franchise if the franchise is stupid enough to not trade him. I mean, ****, he basically told them to trade him this summer otherwise next summer is going to look like Cleveland in Denver.

Los Broncos
10-07-2010, 03:45 PM
I cant wait for that Cavs V Heat game, that is going to be awesome.

azbroncfan
10-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Jazz are going to be interesting this year. I liked their offseason moves and expect them to be top 3 in west.

Missouribronc
10-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Jazz are going to be interesting this year. I liked their offseason moves and expect them to be top 3 in west.

Ooof...the Jazz top three?

azbroncfan
10-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Ooof...the Jazz top three?

In the west yes. Who would you put above them. Obviously LA is number 1.

Missouribronc
10-07-2010, 05:05 PM
In the west yes. Who would you put above them. Obviously LA is number 1.

San Antonio
Dallas
Portland
Oklahoma
Denver (if Melo isn't traded)

So that's at least six...

Chris
10-07-2010, 05:13 PM
I will root for the Lakers before I root for the Heat. Can't believe it's come to that.

RhymesayersDU
10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
I cant wait for that Cavs V Heat game, that is going to be awesome.

You like 40 point blowouts?

Yeah LeBron will get booed, but there's not a single player on the Cavs who is any good.

Missouribronc
10-07-2010, 05:54 PM

Yeah LeBron will get booed, but there's not a single player on the Cavs who is any good.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens...

Delonte West: I'd do it, but I pulled my back out humpin' your mom last night, nooge.

azbroncfan
10-07-2010, 07:04 PM
San Antonio
Dallas
Portland
Oklahoma
Denver (if Melo isn't traded)

So that's at least six...

San Antonio-please over the hill and we matchup real well against them. They aren't same team as few years ago.

Dallas-maybe

Portland-Lots of talent, can they get all of them to gel and stay healthy? I say no til I see it.

OKC-yes they are #2 in my opinion

Denver-Utah was short handed and bitch slapped them last playoffs.

Utah improved roster in offseason and did nice job of retooling. I see #3 at worst if the injury bug stays away. Big Al is an upgrade over boozer against the bigs in the west.

Missouribronc
10-07-2010, 07:11 PM
San Antonio-please over the hill and we matchup real well against them. They aren't same team as few years ago.

Dallas-maybe

Portland-Lots of talent, can they get all of them to gel and stay healthy? I say no til I see it.

OKC-yes they are #2 in my opinion

Denver-Utah was short handed and b**** slapped them last playoffs.

Utah improved roster in offseason and did nice job of retooling. I see #3 at worst if the injury bug stays away. Big Al is an upgrade over boozer against the bigs in the west.

Portland if healthy is better. San Antonio is still a very good team. Denver fell apart after Karl had to leave the team. Denver also added depth to the front line. If they don't trade Melo they are better than Utah.

chickennob2
10-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm calling it right now. The MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES make the playoffs this year. They won 40 games last year with one of the worst benches in NBA history. That bench is going to be improved, and the grizz will definitely win 50+ games. Unfortunately, in the west, 50 wins doesn't get you into the playoffs, but I think they'll pull it off this year.

Anaximines
10-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Very excited OKC Thunder fan here. A little nervous about this season though, with all of the huge expectations weighing on our young group. Looking forward to seeing Westbrook take it to the next level (I think he really will), Durant come into even more refined form, and Serge Ibaka make an even bigger splash.

Should definitely be a fun team to watch but like I say it's going to be a bit trying with everyone talking about them all the time and other teams gunning for them more.

ZONA
10-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Least I don't have an inferiority complex with a segment of the Bronco fans that happens to root for another team in other sports. Maybe you need to go see Dr. Drew and get over your obsession with Laker fans. Ha!

http://blog.vh1.com/files/2008/01/dr_drew_interview.jpg

Hey dip****, how many Suns players does it take to win a Championship? :rofl:

Maybe it's me but I'd rather have a small complex (if you says so) then the math skills of a 2nd grader. I'll make a bet with you. If you actually post more on Broncos threads then you do in this 1 NBA thread for the rest of the year, I won't post again in this NBA thread all of next year, even after Lakers lose to the Heat.

!Booya!

24champ
10-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Maybe it's me but I'd rather have a small complex (if you says so) then the math skills of a 2nd grader. I'll make a bet with you. If you actually post more on Broncos threads then you do in this 1 NBA thread for the rest of the year, I won't post again in this NBA thread all of next year, even after Lakers lose to the Heat.

!Booya!

I don't need to justify baseless attacks to a pipsqueak like you on my Bronco fandom.

I've spend enough money on the Broncos on an annual basis by going to games, tailgates, and going to training camp etc. Also planning on going to a few road games this year. I know a few Laker fans on here that actually travel to the Bronco games and support them as well. So your insinuation that post counts somehow equates on what type of Bronco fan someone is. That is quite frankly one of the most retarded things I have heard on this forum. All that being said, I support them in person. Do you?

RhymesayersDU
10-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Any way you guys can compare who has the biggest fan dick somewhere else?

worm
10-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Any way you guys can compare who has the biggest fan dick somewhere else?

First the Farve thread...now this comment. While I agree with the spirit of your comment, I am really starting to think we need to have an intervention with you Rhymes. Take you to some strip clubs. Get you back on track. :pimp:

RhymesayersDU
10-08-2010, 07:51 AM
First the Farve thread...now this comment. While I agree with the spirit of your comment, I am really starting to think we need to have an intervention with you Rhymes. Take you to some strip clubs. Get you back on track. :pimp:

LOL

You got me!

Missouribronc
10-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Kobe's knee going to be ready to go for the season?

Hercules Rockefeller
10-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Nuggs were supposedly scouting Favors last night

worm
10-12-2010, 08:26 AM
The real 5 tool player! OKC is a really fun team to watch with him. I was happy to see him reup to stay in Oklahoma.

I would like to see Kobe get another MVP...but if not him, then I want Durant to grab his first.

Kevin Durant is playing all five positions
Posted by Royce Young
http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/25182938

Look out, NBA. It's beginning to sound like The Durantula is nearly fully operational.

Kevin Durant has worked hard - very hard - at improving his overall game. He was known as a scorer coming into the league but two years ago, he committed to getting better defensively. And he did. Then this past summer is was about passing and handling the ball. And by all accounts, he's starting to round out.

For instance, last season, Durant played a good amount of power forward as well as his normal small forward and some shooting guard. Over the summer in Turkey, Coach K used Durant some at center. And Friday against the Heat, Durant played all five positions. That's right, from 6'10 small forward to a 6'10 point guard. Scary.

"I think that I have an advantage with my quickness against some (power forwards)," Durant told The Oklahoman. "It's going to be tougher for me on the defensive end because they're stronger and bigger than me... But I just got to make up for being skinny with my heart. And with me being a point guard... I got to try to make the right play. I'm still working on that. I've got to watch more film to try to make the right play. But all I can say is I'm going to try to work on it."

One of the things Sam Presti has worked very hard to do in Oklahoma City is to create a breathing roster, that's flexible and versatile at every position. He wants players that can move and flow within multiple positions. Russell Westbrook can play both guard spots. Jeff Green can play both forwards. Serge Ibaka can play power forward and center. Thabo Sefolosha goes between multiple spots. And Durant can evidently handle all five.

What's the benefit of this for the Thunder? For starters, matchups. How does an opponent go about lining up against a group of Durant, James Harden, Green, Ibaka and Cole Aldrich? Or what about a linuep with Russell Westbrook, Harden, Green, Ibaka, Durant? Or the fact that Scott Brooks could potentially flip Durant from the point to the post on alternating possessions. That makes this Thunder team a tough group to gameplan for.

Of course this isn't a good thing if Durant's not effective. Against the Heat, KD wasn't all that wonderful playing the 5. He's a little light on the muscular fortitude to be completely capable of pushing against Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard. But still, OKC has that option.

Positionality has been a fun discussion amongst NBA people over the past few seasons. Is there really a need for defined positions? What is a power forward? What really is a point guard? Does it even matter? And with the Thunder, they're just taking that and turning it around. Sure, there are positions. Our guys just happen to play all five of them.

Inkana7
10-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Cavs have some talent. There's no way LeBron is worth 60+ wins all by his lonesome. I'm not very optimistic but they could make a push for the playoffs in the woeful East.

Missouribronc
10-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Cavs have some talent. There's no way LeBron is worth 60+ wins all by his lonesome. I'm not very optimistic but they could make a push for the playoffs in the woeful East.

So, this statement made me curious, so I went and did a little statistical addition.

Let's say we're looking at the two-deep of:
PG Mo Williams/Ramon Sessions
SG Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
SF Jamario Moon/Joey Graham
PF Antawn Jamison/J.J. Hickson/Leon Powe
C Anderson Varajao/Ryan Hollins

Career averages...
Scoring 97.2 points per night, would have been 25th last season
Rebounds 43.8, 3rd last season
Assists 18.6, 30th last season
FG % 46.1, 15th last season

Just off averages, its an up hill battle for that team. Have to play good defense, and hope Parker and Moon score more than they have over the course of their career.

bfoflcommish
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM

but last few years all we heard from cavs fans was How Lebron cant do it all by himself he needs help that he doesnt have.

which is it?, were they talented and lebron choked, or lebron carried a talentless team?

Missouribronc
10-12-2010, 10:19 AM
but last few years all we heard from cavs fans was How Lebron cant do it all by himself he needs help that he doesnt have.

which is it?, were they talented and lebron choked, or lebron carried a talentless team?

A little of both (see: his last playoff series in Cleveland), but I would say all in all it was more of the latter.

RhymesayersDU
10-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Exactly 7 days until tip-off!

Miami Thrice vs. Boston!

Gort
10-19-2010, 08:38 PM
why is there an NBA thread on a football forum? every freakin' year?

can i start a college lacrosse thread and keep it on the homepage too? how about a yachting thread? or maybe competitive yahtzee?

RhymesayersDU
10-19-2010, 09:10 PM
why is there an NBA thread on a football forum? every freakin' year?

can i start a college lacrosse thread and keep it on the homepage too? how about a yachting thread? or maybe competitive yahtzee?

Thanks for sending this thread you obviously disapprove of to the top of the forum so it can get more hits!

I share your sentiment, I'm really excited about the upcoming season as well. I can hardly contain myself! This thread should do well to stick around on the first page with supporters like you and I!

Gort
10-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks for sending this thread you obviously disapprove of to the top of the forum so it can get more hits!

I share your sentiment, I'm really excited about the upcoming season as well. I can hardly contain myself! This thread should do well to stick around on the first page with supporters like you and I!

why is it so important to you to have an NBA thread on a football forum? i'm sure there are dozens of NBA related forums out there where you can have serious in-depth discussions about the NBA. i just don't get why it has to be on the main football forum on a football site. can you explain that to me? how come there isn't a PGA thread? or a Nascar thread? BTW, i feel the same about NHL and MLB threads. i can sort of understand a college football thread, but don't see the imperative for an NBA thread every year.

Missouribronc
10-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Oh the horror!

Look at the next thread.

Man-Goblin
10-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Bump for John Gait. I enjoy his billboards on I 95.

Inkana7
10-19-2010, 10:09 PM

Having seen LeBron's supporting cast from 2003-2010, I can assure you that this squad is not talentless. Do they have oodles? Hell no. But those early squads, including the NBA Finals team, were pitiful. Last year's team was talented enough to win a title, but LeBron was already thinking about playing with his buddies and choked it away.

Just writing that made me angry. **** LeBron James.

But back to my point. I didn't claim that Cleveland is chocked full of under-used talent. They're not. But they'll be good enough in Byron Scott's system to maybe grab the 7 or 8 seed in a bad Eastern Conference.

RhymesayersDU
10-19-2010, 11:25 PM
why is it so important to you to have an NBA thread on a football forum? i'm sure there are dozens of NBA related forums out there where you can have serious in-depth discussions about the NBA. i just don't get why it has to be on the main football forum on a football site. can you explain that to me? how come there isn't a PGA thread? or a Nascar thread? BTW, i feel the same about NHL and MLB threads. i can sort of understand a college football thread, but don't see the imperative for an NBA thread every year.

I wouldn't say it's important. Even if we didn't have this thread, I'd still post here.

But basically you and I just have idealogical differences. I like this thread for 2 reasons:
(1) I'm an NBA fan
and
(2) I like discussing the NBA with intelligent sports fans; for the most part, we have a lot of them here

It sounds like you support the NFL and just the NFL. Or maybe you like basketball but on principal just don't like an NBA thread on this forum. Either way, you make it sound like this thread is my personal crusade to change the forum. It's not, I assure you. There are many Bronco fans here who follow the NBA. This thread will get 1,000+ replies and they won't just be mine. It's also cool because we have Bronco fans all over the country and as such the NBA allegiances are split. Lot of Laker fans specifically. Some Jazz, etc. Lot of Nuggets of course. Makes for great discussion.

The nature of message boards such as this is that the hot topics will always be on page one, due to replies constantly taking the thread to the top. Point being, the reason we have these threads is because people like them. People like discussing the NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA, etc in addition to their beloved Broncos. If they didn't like discussing it, the threads would eventually die. Also, I think for most people it's cool to get all their sports news/discussion at one place. I think a lot of people like being able to get their in-depth Bronco news but also get their NBA/NHL/MLB/etc fix in.

With all that said, I appreciate your support of this thread. It's valued members such as yourself that keep these threads (and this message board as a whole) going.

And BTW, we do have PGA threads but they usually happen in the offseason as the major tournaments occur over the summer.

RhymesayersDU
10-19-2010, 11:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5705466

Updated: October 20, 2010, 1:20 AM ET
Carmelo Anthony still on Knicks' radar
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks have made significant progress in recent days in their efforts to acquire Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets, a source told ESPN.com Tuesday.

After a period of dormancy following the collapse of a four-team trade late last month between New Jersey, Denver, Utah and Charlotte, the Knicks got back in on the bidding about two weeks ago after Anthony made it known to the Nuggets that he would not budge on his refusal to sign a three-year, $65 million contract extension with Denver.

The offers the Knicks have proposed have always centered around packages including Anthony Randolph, the expiring contract of Eddy Curry and a first-round draft pick they would acquire from a third team, and New York has softened its stance on including forward Danilo Gallinari in a trade.

The most recent obstacle, according to the source, was for the Knicks to use one of those assets, likely Randolph or Gallinari, to acquire a player from a third team that the Nuggets value more highly than either of the Knicks forwards. The source said that obstacle can now be overcome, with the Knicks confident they can get their hands on a player the Nuggets would prefer.

The source also cautioned that the Chicago Bulls remained in the Melo mix, although the contract extension Chicago reached earlier this month with Joakim Noah would preclude him from being included in any deal the Bulls would put together for Anthony.

Also, New Jersey has faded from the Anthony sweepstakes, growing disinclined to include rookie Derrick Favors in a trade, a league source told ESPN.com's J.A. Adande.

There were no concrete indications regarding whether the Nuggets were inclined to deal Anthony prior to the opening of the regular season next week. But the rekindling of trade talks two weeks ago coincided with the Nuggets' hiring of salary-cap specialist Pete D'Alessandro.

The Knicks have had their sights on Anthony since losing out over the summer in their free-agent pursuit of LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. They remain determined to add a second max-salary player to their roster to play alongside Amare Stoudemire, who scored 39 points Tuesday night in a victory over New Jersey to overtake Anthony for the league lead in preseason scoring. Stoudemire is averaging 26.0 points per game to Anthony's 23.5.

The Knicks would have to part with an additional asset or two to acquire a first-round draft pick to include in any deal with the Nuggets, and one New York player who has increased his value in recent days is backup point guard Toney Douglas, who had 24 points Tuesday against New Jersey after scoring 23 two nights earlier against Washington.

Gallinari and Randolph have both struggled in the preseason. Gallinari followed up his 0-for-7 performance against the Wizards with a 3-for-7 night against the Nets, while Randolph, averaging 11.0 points and 3.8 rebounds in six preseason games, scored 13 points but did not grab a single rebound. Curry, whose $11.3 million salary comes off the cap at the end of this season, has been sidelined for all six exhibition games with a strained right hamstring.

Chris Sheridan is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

24champ
10-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Lakers begin their quest for the threepeat tonight and the last stand for Phil...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/d1/fullj.b16a2a04d14ef60618c9b3d509af9584/55c3b54b14dd40c58c5822058edcad7b.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZAiDu1QwXKk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZAiDu1QwXKk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

worm
10-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Ring ceremony tonight!!!

24champ
10-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Ring ceremony tonight!!!

Yao Ming returns as well...should be interesting. Ron Artest is giving his ring up for Charity.

They'll receive their championship rings at 7:10 p.m., 20 minutes before tipoff against the Rockets, though it'll be only a temporary possession for one player.

Ron Artest still plans to give away his ring and will offer $2 raffle tickets later this week on his website, Ronartest.com, with a minimum purchase of five tickets.

"I was only disappointed because I heard the ring was going to be really big this year," Artest said. "I'm probably going to get a duplicate for my wife, but the original, the first one that we get as a team, is going up [for raffle]."

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/10/ringing-in-the-new-season.html

Beantown Bronco
10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Ron Artest still plans to give away his ring and will offer $2 raffle tickets later this week on his website, Ronartest.com, with a minimum purchase of five tickets.

Ummmmm, why not just sell them in singles for $10 a piece?

24champ
10-26-2010, 03:22 PM

Ummmmm, why not just sell them in singles for $10 a piece?

Ron being Ron...

TDmvp
10-26-2010, 03:25 PM
GO CELTICS !!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UZImdYAiry8/SSDxLMXAVaI/AAAAAAAAKUk/P6dYP-PlfYI/s400/boston_celtics_logo.jpg

So hope they kill the heat tonight ...

24champ
10-26-2010, 03:31 PM
GO CELTICS !!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UZImdYAiry8/SSDxLMXAVaI/AAAAAAAAKUk/P6dYP-PlfYI/s400/boston_celtics_logo.jpg

So hope they kill the heat tonight ...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs147.snc4/36706_408991014642_839319642_4309358_5312683_n.jpg

Ha!

TDmvp
10-26-2010, 06:02 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs147.snc4/36706_408991014642_839319642_4309358_5312683_n.jpg

Ha!

OMG DUDE THAT IS SO FUNNY , I ALMOST POSTED THAT SAME PICK BUT THE UNSHOPPED VERSION SOMEWHERE IN THIS THREAD ...

Hilarious!
Well played 24

TDmvp
10-26-2010, 06:02 PM
But still ... Go celtics !!!!

bombay
10-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Miami scored 9 points in their first quarter of the season, but they've picked it up a little. Still, Boston leads 86-80 with 45 seconds left. Go Celtics.

RhymesayersDU
10-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Game ended up being pretty compelling. The Heat will get their stuff together once they actually play together, but wow did they look pretty horrible tonight.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-26-2010, 11:35 PM

Ha!

Hilarious!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Ring ceremony tonight!!!

:thumbsup: http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-26-2010, 11:43 PM
But still ... Go celtics !!!!

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3305/36222135179827352211883.jpg

24champ
10-26-2010, 11:53 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/9c/fullj.90ba83803776f8ddaafc201cb10e6648/5af7a712c4f44c61acb5c4b0c542cae9.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/87/fullj.01a03246084694af098c20e3d92f17b9/b2c7693f0d3f4477aa3042d40afd25da.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/e2/fullj.e5daf5206bd686bf9540531783796191/e5daf5206bd686bf9540531783796191-getty-103892738rr004_houston_rock.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/0b/fullj.02f27a280328237b33766c79e2fce0e3/26aa0259e56940258eb579aafe463de5.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-27-2010, 02:29 AM
^

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/stunoicecluh7.gif

http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

worm
10-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Great ceremony. One of the best I have ever seen in any sport.

Worried about the Lake Show this year. We NEED Drew back. This is his year to dominate and carry this team. Conversely, Kobe and Fish need less minutes prior to the stretch run this year.

spdirty
10-27-2010, 07:19 PM
That was lame. I wanted Melo to get his ass booed off tonight.

RhymesayersDU
10-27-2010, 07:28 PM
NUGGETS! JAZZ!

RSDU! AZBRONCO!

BICKERING! NAME CALLING!

NBA 2010 -- It's Fantastic!

Inkana7
10-27-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm really glad the Lakers started off their Ring Ceremony with Luke Walton. When I think "LA Team Leader" and "NBA Champion," I think Luke Walton.

TDmvp
10-27-2010, 08:29 PM
LOLOL and the Cavs beat Boston tonight ... I guess they are better off without Jefail heheh...

No idea how the Cavs won tonight tho , didn't watch, but that's crazy...

bombay
10-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Great game by Arron Afflalo tonight as the Nuggets hammer Utah 110-88. Welcome back, coach Karl.

Future Nugget Derrick Favors had 8 points and 10 boards in 20 minutes as the Nets beat Detroit. Please get this deal done, Nuggets.

spdirty
10-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Great game by Arron Afflalo tonight as the Nuggets hammer Utah 110-88. Welcome back, coach Karl.

Future Nugget Derrick Favors had 8 points and 10 boards in 20 minutes as the Nets beat Detroit. Please get this deal done, Nuggets.

You talking about Favors, lottery pick, and Kirilenko?

RhymesayersDU
10-28-2010, 06:53 AM

I have loved AA since he got here. That guy is a stud. He does it quietly, but he can play some ball. If he can really score 15+ on a nightly basis, he's going to be a real asset.

TheChamp24
10-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Did the crowd boo Melo at all? I wondered how the crowd would be and how Melo would be as well. I still remember Nick Van Exel basically doing anything possible on the court to get traded, and by that I mean toss up half court shots and play as lazy as you can.

worm
11-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Who is playing more atrocious defense? The Nuggets or the Broncos? It has got to be close.

Denver is turning into Rocky Mountain France. Viva la Denver.

spdirty
11-09-2010, 09:03 PM
I cannot even watch the Nuggets. Being stuck in the mud with the melo situation just makes my gut turn every time I try to watch that team. Until there is a resolution to it one way or another I prefer not to even pay attention to it.

Orange4Life
11-09-2010, 09:56 PM
What a game tonight for the Jazz. I didn't believe till the game was over. The way the last couple of months have gone sports wise I had to be cautious. What an awesome game! Paul 'The Mighty' Millsap. '

Lebron is a pussy. He wanted nothing to do with the ball down the stretch. It's Wade's team Lebron is just along for the ride.

Canmore
11-10-2010, 02:50 AM
The Lakers are 8-0!

TDmvp
11-11-2010, 06:40 PM
OMG did Rondo just throw it down ... A little guy should not be able to dunk like that.

TDmvp
11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Y4ckTOUw-kA/TBoLoJaGzoI/AAAAAAAAAoU/-50DG-uiPVI/s1600/boston_celtics_logo.png

Jason in LA
11-11-2010, 09:12 PM

ROFL!ROFL!

Wow, I have an online stalker. I must be cool or something. I've been back posting on the regular for about a week now, getting into several Broncos arguments, and this is the first time I saw this thread. When I opened it my first thought was how many pages before Zona starts talking about me. Well it didn't take many. lol It's pretty cool to have somebody riding my nuts here. ;D

24champ
11-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Wow, I have an online stalker. I must be cool or something. I've been back posting on the regular for about a week now, getting into several Broncos arguments, and this is the first time I saw this thread. When I opened it my first thought was how many pages before Zona starts talking about me. Well it didn't take many. lol It's pretty cool to have somebody riding my nuts here. ;D

Ha!

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/620692/kobe-bryant-o.gif

Anyway, guess the Lakers will have to settle on going 81-1 for the year after tonights loss.

crush17
11-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Carmello only shot 3 free throws tonight. The Lakers were absolutely MAULING him every time he had the ball. If the refs were calling this game the way the should have been, it would have been a blowout loss for the Lakers.

GO NUGGETS!! **** YOU, KOBE!!

BroncoLifer
11-12-2010, 03:52 PM
The Heat might be the best 5-4 team in history. Or maybe the Chargers were. I forget.

RhymesayersDU
11-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Well, was in Denver last week for the Laker game. Great win for the club, obviously. Laker games are always love/hate for me. They're usually on TV, the arena is sold out, and there's that energy. LOVE that. Great atmosphere.

Flip side to that coin being, of course, the high number of Laker fans. Very annoying. But it's nice when they file out of the arena as losers.

Anybody go to the game? Huge brawl in the stands, very amusing. Bunch of people got kicked out.

On to the season at large. Nuggets are above average to good at best. Spurs are killing it. The Jazz look to be legit after a slow start. OKC finding out what Denver and Portland found out in the past years -- the weight of expectation is HEAVY.

And needless to say, epic LOL @ the Heat.

Jason in LA
11-21-2010, 01:48 PM
The Heat might be the best 5-4 team in history. Or maybe the Chargers were. I forget.

I'd say it's the Raiders after hearing their fans all week. I guess finally being above .500 after mid season for the first time in eight years has them going nuts.

RhymesayersDU
11-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Wanted to post this story from Kotaku. Thought it was pretty hilarious:

Philandering Point Guard's Ratings Get A Timely Adjustment In NBA 2K11

San Antonio Spurs all-star Tony Parker and Eva Longoria got dee-vorced last week, around the time it was discovered that Parker was doing some dribble-drive penetration with a former teammate's wife. NBA 2K11's latest roster update factors in the breakup.

Parker's now rated "not loyal" for player management purposes (the background calculation went from an 87 to a 0, I was told) and his "steal" rating also got goosed up (to 79). Too bad Brent Barry, the cuckolded sixth man in this, still isn't in the league, he'd probably get zeroed out in "awareness."

(For those wondering, "loyalty" is used in the Association mode; it governs a player's willingness to stay with a team when he becomes a free agent.)

This kind of thing is becoming increasingly common as sports developers push out roster updates that react to real-life developments in the league. We've seen it in Madden, though not with this level of snarkiness. I'd say Parker's turn as the cover star of rival NBA Live (in 2008) probably figures in somehow.

The roster update is one aspect of omnibus update 2K Sports rolled out early this morning, including a patch that tunes the game's shot stick, updates the Cavaliers' floor art, and fixes a number of freezes and hangs that occurred at certain points of the My Player and Association modes. For all of the patch details, see here.

As for other Tony Parker attributes that may interest you: Shoot off dribble, 81; Ball handle, 94; Ball security, 88; Stamina, 91. His pull up or penetrate tendency, however, is 99 for pull up. Damn, now I'm gonna have to look at Delonte West's ratings.

Send an email to the author of this post at owen@kotaku.com.

http://kotaku.com/5698612/philandering-point-guards-ratings-get-a-timely-adjustment-in-nba-2k11

Awesome. Simply awesome.

Anyways...

Two nice matchups in the association tonight. Hawks/Wizards and Clips/Kings. Now granted, they're only for real hardcore NBA fans, but I love the showcase of young talent. So many good young players on TV tonight. I actually really like the idea the NBA has going; showcase the young guns on Thanksgiving, then showcase the established teams/stars on Christmas.

I'm going to try and catch at least a half of both games. Really want to see John Wall, and Blake Griffin is all that is man.

bombay
11-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Looking forward to the lockout.

Requiem
11-25-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm already on record saying the Heat don't make the playoffs. Go Magic.

ZONA
11-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Mello is so out of Denver next year.

RhymesayersDU
11-26-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm already on record saying the Heat don't make the playoffs. Go Magic.

Well I wouldn't go that far, only because the bottom of the East is so bad. But yeah they are not playing well.

Jason in LA
11-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Flip side to that coin being, of course, the high number of Laker fans. Very annoying. But it's nice when they file out of the arena as losers.

Well the one game that actually counted, Game 6 two years ago, Nuggets fans filed out of the arena as losers. I'm just saying. ;D

RhymesayersDU
12-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Well the one game that actually counted, Game 6 two years ago, Nuggets fans filed out of the arena as losers. I'm just saying. ;D

You won't get an argument that the Lakers are the better team/franchise overall. But anytime your stadium is full of away team fans, it's nice for the home team to get a win.

Anyways. Nuggies have won 5 straight, which is nice. Still am not in love with the team overall.

Big Cleveland/Miami match tomorrow. Does anybody think anything will happen? I think this is all hype for nothing. Nobody is going to do anything. Now, the game might actually be good, because to say the Heat have struggled is an understatement. At the beginning of the season, I thought this game would be a blowout. Now who knows. I think it could be close, but Heat ultimately win. Or perhaps LeBron goes off. One day, the Heat will get their collective heads out of their asses. Maybe.

TDmvp
12-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Is the Lakers still on a losing streak ??
:poke::poke::poke:

GO CELTICS !!!

http://mike100915.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/rajon-rondo-01_45957.jpg

Requiem
12-01-2010, 09:47 PM
The Orlando Magic kick ass.

That is all.

RhymesayersDU
12-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Definitely many reasons to like both the C's and Magic. Love watching Rondo and Dwight, among others.

RhymesayersDU
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Figured it was high time we got this thread rolling again, with the trade deadline approaching and football winding down. So much going on. 35 days until the trade deadline, which Nugget nation is watching intently.

Let me say this: I loved the proposed Net deal. Harris, Favors, and 2 first round picks for Carmelo and Chauncey? Sign me up. Now.

Let me also say this: I feel terrible for Chauncey if he gets dealt. It's rare you have a good guy who says "I want to end my career here. I want to then work in the front office here. And I want to live in Denver the rest of my life." It's sad. It really is. But on the other hand, he's not bigger than the team and he's an aging veteran who has Ty Lawson breathing down his neck. We'd get a younger Harris back in the trade to either play with Lawson or use as a valuable trade piece. I'm sorry for Chauncey, but I do that deal every single day.

But, if today's news is 100% truth, the Nets are out on the Carmelo sweepstakes. So it's probably moot now. We'll see what happens. At this point I almost want to just let Carmelo walk and cost the guy millions of dollars. But that is coming from a place of hurt feelings. We need to trade him for whatever we can get and get some assets in return. Just have to.

Onto other business:

1) The All-Star game. I did my civic duty and voted the other night. My ballot:
WEST
G - Deron Williams
G - Kobe Bryant
F - Kevin Durant
F - Blake Griffin
C - Nene

EAST
G - Derrick Rose
G - Rajon Rondo
F - Amar'e Stoudamire
F - LeBron James
C - Dwight Howard

Notes:
1) In the West, I know, Dirk got hosed on my ballot. This was another year where I'd like to be able to play 3 forwards and no true center. Which leads me to...
...2) Nene. I'm proud of that pick. I didn't look up the stats, but the West centers look weak. None of the group really jump off the page. And for the first time in his career, Nene looks good this year. He's picked up game up, FINALLY.
3) Out East, I realize that starting 2 pure PG's like Rondo and Rose probably wouldn't work. But the category is simply "guard" and I picked the two I felt were the best.

I believe that's it for now. I know the NBA contingent around these parts is small, but I know you're out there. So give me your thoughts!

Hey Lakers fans - The Spurs and Clippers are better! (That should get your blood going, no? ;) )

OABB
01-19-2011, 08:40 PM
No. Does seeing our trophies get your blood going?

RhymesayersDU
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Hahaha, yes damnit!

Good response. Should have seen that coming.

Jason in LA
01-20-2011, 07:24 AM
The Lakers aren't doing a good job of getting me through the Broncos off season. There hasn't been much of an effort to get the No. 1 seed, and because of their losing the Spurs are pulling away. The Lakers are also giving up home court to the Celtics and the Heat (if they get past the Spurs). It's almost like they are content to go into the playoffs without home court throughout, which I think is a mistake. The only series they've lost in the last three years was the only series where they didn't have home court advantage. It's hard to get excited for a team that doesn't try hard every night.

And one more thing, the Clippers won't make the playoffs. They'd had to play around .700 the rest of the season to have an outside shot at the 8th seed. They aren't going to come close to that.

RhymesayersDU
01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
For the record, the Clippers comment was just to get Laker fans talking. I don't legitimately think they're better.

Jason in LA
01-20-2011, 11:21 AM
For the record, the Clippers comment was just to get Laker fans talking. I don't legitimately think they're better.

I figured that. But here in LA, some people actually believe it.

RhymesayersDU
01-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Yikes. Well that Blake Griffin is certainly amazing.

Los Broncos
01-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Denver sure is falling in love with the three pointers tonight.

ZONA
01-21-2011, 10:36 PM
The nba blows. I hope they get locked out forever.

I don't agree. It's amazing the talent in the NBA vs college ball. The only problem I have with the NBA is that all the calls usually lean towards the offensive player. Night after night, no matter which game you watch, you can have defenders standing still while offensive player initiate all the contact and yet the defensive player gets called for the foul. It's almost comical how bad that aspect of the game is officiated.

RhymesayersDU
01-22-2011, 01:43 AM
I don't agree. It's amazing the talent in the NBA vs college ball. The only problem I have with the NBA is that all the calls usually lean towards the offensive player. Night after night, no matter which game you watch, you can have defenders standing still while offensive player initiate all the contact and yet the defensive player gets called for the foul. It's almost comical how bad that aspect of the game is officiated.

Agreed, basically. They could do a better job watching the offensive players. That's a big gripe of mine, offensive players not even trying to score but trying to initiate contact.

RhymesayersDU
01-22-2011, 08:41 AM
In other news, hope people are enjoying the week of free NBA League Pass. I'm definitely going to try and watch Blake Griffin tonight. One of these days I need to just put down the money and buy it... But it's hard to justify when I get every Nuggets game on Altitude for free.

Jason in LA
01-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Expansion hurt the NBA. Contraction can make it a lot better. The talent is to spread out. Less teams will make the remaining teams better.

But to say it's a garbage league, ah, you know you don't have to watch it. Like, I don't like ice hockey at all. It's just not my thing. But I'm not going to call the NHL a garbage league. I just don't watch it and don't bother people that do.

RhymesayersDU
01-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Expansion hurt the NBA. Contraction can make it a lot better. The talent is to spread out. Less teams will make the remaining teams better.

But to say it's a garbage league, ah, you know you don't have to watch it. Like, I don't like ice hockey at all. It's just not my thing. But I'm not going to call the NHL a garbage league. I just don't watch it and don't bother people that do.

The people around these parts with a vendetta against the NBA for whatever reason are always comical.

Anyways, I agree re: contraction but I don't know if they're going to contract at this point. There's actually a few ideas that I think would help the league, but nobody is going to give up $$$ for the greater good. I think less games would be wonderful, but not a single owner is willing to give up that revenue. And I guess looking from their POV, I probably wouldn't either.

TDmvp
01-30-2011, 04:22 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/CelticsLogo_History.gif

Los Broncos
01-30-2011, 04:27 PM
The Laker big guys didn't seem like they wanted to play down the run, it was all on Kobes shoulders.

ZONA
01-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Saw a graphic posted during a game showing the top 3 point shooters in league history. Of course we all know Reggie is #1 but I was shocked to see Jason Kidd at #2.

Jason in LA
01-31-2011, 01:06 AM
The Laker big guys didn't seem like they wanted to play down the run, it was all on Kobes shoulders.

That's it right there. The bigs, especially Pau, didn't show up. Pau hasn't really shown up all season. He's been a big disappointment in my book.

Everybody hates it when Kobe takes over and goes one on five, but at times this year he's had to do that. Against the Celtics it looked like Kobe was the only one who was going to be tough enough to win the game.

It's hard to figure out what is wrong with this team, because it's the same damn team from last year. The bench has been changed a bit, but that's not the issue, even though Steve Blake has sucked outside of the first month of the season. He made everybody forget about Jordan Farmar really quick, but right about now I want Farmar back.

Anyway, unless the Lakers can figure it out come playoff time, this team won't be winning the title. I don't want the Celtics to win it all, because then the Lakers will be back to being two behind them. I don't want the Heat to win it, because they are just lame. I guess I could live with the Spurs winning it.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-31-2011, 01:25 AM
Timofey Mozgov. Coming to an arena near you

Los Broncos
01-31-2011, 01:28 AM
That's it right there. The bigs, especially Pau, didn't show up. Pau hasn't really shown up all season. He's been a big disappointment in my book.

Everybody hates it when Kobe takes over and goes one on five, but at times this year he's had to do that. Against the Celtics it looked like Kobe was the only one who was going to be tough enough to win the game.

It's hard to figure out what is wrong with this team, because it's the same damn team from last year. The bench has been changed a bit, but that's not the issue, even though Steve Blake has sucked outside of the first month of the season. He made everybody forget about Jordan Farmar really quick, but right about now I want Farmar back.

Anyway, unless the Lakers can figure it out come playoff time, this team won't be winning the title. I don't want the Celtics to win it all, because then the Lakers will be back to being two behind them. I don't want the Heat to win it, because they are just lame. I guess I could live with the Spurs winning it.

I think he took like 12 straight shots and they ran plays for Pau and Bynum.

The only other player that showed up was Odom and he seemed to be missing in the fourth.

But I would wait come playoff time, the Lakers will be in the thick of it because they've been there.

TDmvp
01-31-2011, 02:05 AM
Saw a graphic posted during a game showing the top 3 point shooters in league history. Of course we all know Reggie is #1 but I was shocked to see Jason Kidd at #2.

Kidd isn't 2nd ... Ray Allen is 2nd in 3's made behind Reggie. Reggie is the reason I started watching and loved him when I was little...

Kidd is 3rd but way behind those other 2 by like 800 threes. Kidd has actually always been known as kinda a poor outside shooter I always heard/thought. I consider him a compiler.

And if we are talking % Kidd isn't even in the top 20 all time at 3 point %.

Los Broncos
01-31-2011, 02:22 AM
Dale Ellis and Reggie are my favs all time from the arch.

broncswin
01-31-2011, 06:42 AM
dont forget "Thunder Dan" baby

bombay
02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
When did Miami pick up Erick Dampier? Watched that game last night, and he was setting hard picks, banging, doing all the dirty work. Looks like he's trying to play his way back into the league on a long term basis. Had a couple steals, 3-3 from the field, Miami + 14 during his 26 minutes. Looks like they accidentally found the big man th3ey needed.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Saw a graphic posted during a game showing the top 3 point shooters in league history. Of course we all know Reggie is #1

You won't be saying that in 48 hrs.

gunns
02-10-2011, 11:41 AM
News coming over the radio here that Jerry Sloan has resigned. I'm a Celtics fan but living here I would love to see a decent product and have said forever that they need to get rid of Sloan. STALE!

RhymesayersDU
02-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Wow, I'm shocked about the Sloan news.The guy is a fantastic coach and Utah will be worse for this.

Jason in LA
02-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Kidd isn't 2nd ... Ray Allen is 2nd in 3's made behind Reggie. Reggie is the reason I started watching and loved him when I was little...

Kidd is 3rd but way behind those other 2 by like 800 threes. Kidd has actually always been known as kinda a poor outside shooter I always heard/thought. I consider him a compiler.

And if we are talking % Kidd isn't even in the top 20 all time at 3 point %.

So Jason Kidd is the Tim Brown of three point shooters? ;D

gunns
02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Wow, I'm shocked about the Sloan news.The guy is a fantastic coach and Utah will be worse for this.

No they won't. It comes several years too late. Sloan is getting beat on a regular basis with his own signature play! Now I'm not saying the Jazz management isn't to blame also but it's the same stale **** every damn year with the Jazz. The fans here are so frustrated. And just like the Broncos, when the big stars left there has been nothing but a bunch of "oh pretty good" players. Except for Darren Williams the majority are hit and miss and teams have all figured out Sloans play calling. I'm hearing from people I know all over Utah and it is sheer excitement.

Oh yeah Phil Johnson is reported to have left with him.

24champ
02-10-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't get the Sloan hate, since all he did was pretty much keep the Jazz a playoff team every season and won games for them. They could do a lot worse than Jerry Sloan, and probably will be worse off.

Missouribronc
02-10-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't get the Sloan hate, since all he did was pretty much keep the Jazz a playoff team every season and won games for them. They could do a lot worse than Jerry Sloan, and probably will be worse off.

I respect Sloan as a coach, but I can't stand his teams. Does that make sense?

Malone and Stockton used to drive me nuts as a Nuggets fan. I wonder if he's saying something to the effect that he'll step down after the year, or after the contract is up next year...

gunns
02-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Malone and Stockton used to drive me nuts as a Nuggets fan. I wonder if he's saying something to the effect that he'll step down after the year, or after the contract is up next year...

I agree on Sloan. He was a no nonsense coach who didn't put up with crap from players. But his play calling had become predictable and stale. It was just time. Yes the Jazz were in the playoffs a lot, kind of like the Broncos for the 2000's, either not there or one and done, with the exception of 2 seasons.

He has resigned. Hearing that he and D'Will got in a scuffle during half time of the game last night. And there are rumors that there was a trade coming down. Wondering if it wasn't Kirelenko and Sloan was against. THAT right there would be a reason to push him out.

24champ
02-10-2011, 01:54 PM

I hate the Jazz myself, I started disliking them in the 90s when they ousted the Lakers a couple times in the playoffs, I am still sour over that Conference final in 98'.

Anyway, if you are hated by your rivals, then your doing something right. Sloan always had a scrappy team that played hard, they are always physical. Some questionable tactics, but they won, had success in the playoffs. What more can you ask for? Majority of the NBA teams would kill for that kind of success and it's not like the Jazz GM and Owner have acquired a bunch of talent for Sloan to make into title contenders.

Jazz are going to regret letting Sloan walk. Wouldn't surprise me to see them nosedive to missing the playoffs this year, and then Deron walks to another team in the future.

Orange4Life
02-10-2011, 05:40 PM
This is sickening about Sloan. If the reports about Deron are true he will get ran out town. The Jazz faithful are in shock right now. Some including myself are in the blame Deron group. I'm trying to be level headed about the whole thing and not run Deron out of town just yet.
Definate dust up between Sloan and Deron last night on the verge of becoming physical. One long term SLC writer said if what his source reported Deron said to Sloan he has no question it would get very ugly.
It may have been Sloans time to go but this is not how you show someone the door after 20 years. Frankly its embarassing for the franchise.
I don't think Deron forced Sloan to leave (nor could he) but I think Sloan was tired fighting him. The Jazz record over the last 4-6 weeks makes it pretty clear the team had quit. Shame on them.

RhymesayersDU
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM
All the NBA guys were tweeting this afternoon about Sloan and DWill almost coming to blows on Wednesday. Sounds like a real toxic situation.

Apparently Sloan told management that it was either him or Deron, and management chose Deron.

Crazy stuff.

Smiling Assassin27
02-10-2011, 05:46 PM
I agree on Sloan. He was a no nonsense coach who didn't put up with crap from players. But his play calling had become predictable and stale. It was just time. Yes the Jazz were in the playoffs a lot, kind of like the Broncos for the 2000's, either not there or one and done, with the exception of 2 seasons.

He has resigned. Hearing that he and D'Will got in a scuffle during half time of the game last night. And there are rumors that there was a trade coming down. Wondering if it wasn't Kirelenko and Sloan was against. THAT right there would be a reason to push him out.

I concur. Sloan did an excellent job in his time in Utah but his time has come. He's taken them as far as they can go and the team is in decline. They will miss his leadership and his work ethic, at least for the short term. He's earned everything he's ever accomplished and I hope he is happy in the future.

TDmvp
02-10-2011, 06:53 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3370317266_172e304098.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/13z0kgj.jpg

Congratz to Ray Allen on breaking the all time record for most 3's.

Reggie was my fav player when I was little , and like the Celtics from the Bird era so if someone had to break Reggie's record at least it was a classy guy like Ray and a Celtic...

GO CELTICS !!!!

phibacka31
02-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm a Pacers fan and obviously a HUGE Reggie fan. Too bad it wouldn't stand, but I'll still take Reggie in my corner over most in the Clutch!^5

TDmvp
02-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm a Pacers fan and obviously a HUGE Reggie fan. Too bad it wouldn't stand, but I'll still take Reggie in my corner over most in the Clutch!^5

Yup... Reggie was the best I ever seen at in those moments.

8 points in 11secs ... Nuff said .

I hate Ron Artest with a fire that burns deep in my soul like the sun for messing up what might have been the best chance Reggie had at a title the year of the fight in the crowd in Detroit...

phibacka31
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
You have no idea. I will never forget what Artest did because it started the land slide that is just now starting to look up a little bit...

gunns
02-10-2011, 07:50 PM
This is sickening about Sloan. If the reports about Deron are true he will get ran out town. The Jazz faithful are in shock right now. Some including myself are in the blame Deron group. I'm trying to be level headed about the whole thing and not run Deron out of town just yet.
Definate dust up between Sloan and Deron last night on the verge of becoming physical. One long term SLC writer said if what his source reported Deron said to Sloan he has no question it would get very ugly.
It may have been Sloans time to go but this is not how you show someone the door after 20 years. Frankly its embarassing for the franchise.
I don't think Deron forced Sloan to leave (nor could he) but I think Sloan was tired fighting him. The Jazz record over the last 4-6 weeks makes it pretty clear the team had quit. Shame on them.

Funny, most of the people I've talked to today think it was definitely time. Most were more worried about losing Williams and blamed Sloan and the Millers for stale play and not taking the financial risk to bring in the players that will get the job done, not just put a boring, boring team out there year after year. I do agree that Sloan deserves all the props and respect and it is a lousy way for him to leave. But he is a stubborn man and I'm sure that stubborness has played into this. Reminds me of when Reeves was fired here. "He took us to 3 SB's". It was time.

Oh and BTW, GO CELTICS!

RhymesayersDU
02-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Big congrats to Ray Allen tonight.

Orange4Life
02-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Funny, most of the people I've talked to today think it was definitely time. Most were more worried about losing Williams and blamed Sloan and the Millers for stale play and not taking the financial risk to bring in the players that will get the job done, not just put a boring, boring team out there year after year. I do agree that Sloan deserves all the props and respect and it is a lousy way for him to leave. But he is a stubborn man and I'm sure that stubborness has played into this. Reminds me of when Reeves was fired here. "He took us to 3 SB's". It was time.

Oh and BTW, GO CELTICS!

There are two camps of fans. Much like the good ole Orangemane. I have my thoughts of what I think about people in the other camp but I don't want to sound like the fan police.

The way it went down wasn't right. Sloan isn't some Clipper coach that goes out mid season. He just signed an extention Monday. His long time assistant and promised future head coach steps down with him. No present players present or mentioned tells me that something very ugly went down. What was not said in the press conference says alot.

Sloan is stubborn but has really softened over the last few years. He and Deron are probably to much alike. There is alot of worry about Deron leaving but if anybody learned anything from Lebron, kissing a player's ass won't do anything to make them stay if they want to go.

gunns
02-10-2011, 10:06 PM
There are two camps of fans. Much like the good ole Orangemane. I have my thoughts of what I think about people in the other camp but I don't want to sound like the fan police.

The way it went down wasn't right. Sloan isn't some Clipper coach that goes out mid season. He just signed an extention Monday. His long time assistant and promised future head coach steps down with him. No present players present or mentioned tells me that something very ugly went down. What was not said in the press conference says alot.

Sloan is stubborn but has really softened over the last few years. He and Deron are probably to much alike. There is alot of worry about Deron leaving but if anybody learned anything from Lebron, kissing a player's ass won't do anything to make them stay if they want to go.

This is the problem with the Jazz organization and the Jazz fans. This is a family, a "feel good, warm and fuzzy". It's a business and Williams is the only good thing the Jazz have had or done for awhile. It's really time the Jazz entered the NBA if they want to compete. But Jazz fans will find someone to blame for their "beloved" leaving and show their immaturity by booing Williams even if they don't know the whole story. Sloan and Malone used to do this all the time. I think Sloan found he's much older than 10 years ago and didn't want to do it anymore.

Hell no I don't blame this on Sloan. He did well with what he had. But after the two stars left the Jazz have remained average, with an occasional spark. Sloans play calling had become predictable and stale. But no matter who they bring in, nothing will change until the Milers decide to take a risk financially and pay a player that can make a change, with Williams. I'm sure D'Wills frustration level at the constant losing was wearing thin, especially when everything was status quo. Maybe Jerry just had an epiphany that it was time. Because it was..

Orange4Life
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
This is the problem with the Jazz organization and the Jazz fans. This is a family, a "feel good, warm and fuzzy". It's a business and Williams is the only good thing the Jazz have had or done for awhile. It's really time the Jazz entered the NBA if they want to compete. But Jazz fans will find someone to blame for their "beloved" leaving and show their immaturity by booing Williams even if they don't know the whole story. Sloan and Malone used to do this all the time. I think Sloan found he's much older than 10 years ago and didn't want to do it anymore.

Hell no I don't blame this on Sloan. He did well with what he had. But after the two stars left the Jazz have remained average, with an occasional spark. Sloans play calling had become predictable and stale. But no matter who they bring in, nothing will change until the Milers decide to take a risk financially and pay a player that can make a change, with Williams. I'm sure D'Wills frustration level at the constant losing was wearing thin, especially when everything was status quo. Maybe Jerry just had an epiphany that it was time. Because it was..

The Jazz are a family franchise. The Jazz compete very well in the NBA. If consistant 50 win seasons is constant losing this is news to me. Have the Jazz lost to an inferior team recently? There playoff runs have been ended by the eventual Champion the last several years(Lakers runner up one year). Seems 30 other teams couldn't beat that team either. The Jazz are what they are. Utah is never going to draw the big name free agents to come here no amount of money is going to change that. They can get very good quality system guys to come here.

To say the Millers have not taken a risk financially to put a winner on the court is false. They have been in the luxery tax for two years. The Jazz pay roll is greater than many more big market teams. They currently have two max money players on the roster. The Millers are not unwilling to spend money.

I do agree with you somewhat about Sloan being tired of fighting with Deron. He did fight with Karl and St. John. But he was a much younger man, I think he finally had enough. Whether or not it was worse with D-Will is up for debate and not no one really knows at this point. ESPN has done a total hack job on this story.

Jason in LA
02-10-2011, 11:10 PM
The Lakers finally had a meaningful win. I'm still not convince that they've gotten their heads out of their asses though.

gunns
02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
The Jazz are a family franchise. The Jazz compete very well in the NBA. If consistant 50 win seasons is constant losing this is news to me. Have the Jazz lost to an inferior team recently? There playoff runs have been ended by the eventual Champion the last several years(Lakers runner up one year). Seems 30 other teams couldn't beat that team either. The Jazz are what they are. Utah is never going to draw the big name free agents to come here no amount of money is going to change that. They can get very good quality system guys to come here.

Probably true about the free agents but the Jazz draft over the years has left a LOT to be desired, besides Williams.

To say the Millers have not taken a risk financially to put a winner on the court is false. They have been in the luxery tax for two years. The Jazz pay roll is greater than many more big market teams. They currently have two max money players on the roster. The Millers are not unwilling to spend money.

You are right. They got quality system guys. Then I'd say something was wrong with the system. They remind me of the Broncos with Reeves. 3 SB's and 3 losses. Not willing to bring in the players needed to compliment their stars. The Millers have obviously spent big money then on Englebergers, David Terrell's, Jimmy Kennedy's, with a Laurence Maroney thrown in, etc. I'm talking spending money to get a big named player with the matching big talent to come here.

As far as losing constantly I was referring to the recent 10 losses out of 14 games. Most Jazz fans are satisfied with the "competitive" Jazz. 3 seasons no playoffs, 4 one and dones, 3 2nd round eliminations out of 10. So what if they lost to the eventual champions, they lost. Marvelous. I guess some people just expect more, like eventually being competitive enough to win a Championship or hell, to even know when they play certain teams it isn't an automatic loss. I'm not a Jazz fan, but I do live here and would like to enjoy them. A lot of Jazz fans I know are extremely frustrated. All I can think is damn I'm glad I'm not a Jazz fan.

broncofan2438
02-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Afflalo with the buzzer beater

Orange4Life
02-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Probably true about the free agents but the Jazz draft over the years has left a LOT to be desired, besides Williams.

You are right. They got quality system guys. Then I'd say something was wrong with the system. They remind me of the Broncos with Reeves. 3 SB's and 3 losses. Not willing to bring in the players needed to compliment their stars. The Millers have obviously spent big money then on Englebergers, David Terrell's, Jimmy Kennedy's, with a Laurence Maroney thrown in, etc. I'm talking spending money to get a big named player with the matching big talent to come here.

As far as losing constantly I was referring to the recent 10 losses out of 14 games. Most Jazz fans are satisfied with the "competitive" Jazz. 3 seasons no playoffs, 3 one and dones, 2 2nd round eliminations out of 10. Marvelous. I guess some people just expect more, like eventually being competitive enough to win a Championship or hell, to even know when they play certain teams it isn't an automatic loss. I'm not a Jazz fan, but I do live here and would like to enjoy them. Most Jazz fans I know are extremely frustrated. All I can think is damn I'm glad I'm not a Jazz fan.

You're right about the drafting. That is more on the GM. The Jazz have not drafted well in the first round. And have done exceptionally well in the second round.... not sure how that happens??? Worse than the missed draft picks is never pulling the trigger on trading AK. He (not Boozer) is the great anchor on the franchise.

I don't think you are right at all about the system or they way they have spent money. With the exception of AK they have spent their money wisely. Boozer gets alot of grief but his numbers were a bargin for the price. He just needed to be fee inches taller.

Jazz fans want a championship badly. The three seasons of missed playoffs were after losing two hall of fame players. It is unfair to hold that against the franchise. The team was rebuilt very quickly. How long did it take your Celtics to become relevant again?? Making the conference finals with such a young team might have done the franchise a disservice. Deron, Booz and Memo were in their second year playing together and everyone thought they were going to have a nice 3 or 4 year run. The Spurs were only going to get older. Then Booz had injury problems and the lakers recieved the gift of Gasol and things did not go according to plan. We could never beat the lakers after that (and neither could anyone else)

The Jazz are in another rebuilding period this year. The recent losing streak is bad. We may or may not come out of it. And being a Jazz fan is frustrating as hell. Don't think I'm not frustrated!! haha

Punisher
02-11-2011, 05:20 AM
Yup... Reggie was the best I ever seen at in those moments.

8 points in 11secs ... Nuff said .

I hate Ron Artest with a fire that burns deep in my soul like the sun for messing up what might have been the best chance Reggie had at a title the year of the fight in the crowd in Detroit...

Hell yea the pacers had a team that year, with Cap Jack, Artest, Reggie and Tinsley.Also with O'Neal still in his prime they would of had no problem making a deep Playoff run.

That being said i love artest his my fav player besides rodman

RhymesayersDU
02-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Afflalo with the buzzer beater

GREAT ending to the game last night. I really didn't think the Nuggies had it in them make that comeback, fantastic ending, huge shot by Afflalo.

Karenin
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Angryllama nowhere to be found

Missouribronc
02-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Angryllama nowhere to be found

I don't think llama's team played last night.

RhymesayersDU
02-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Why would he show up the night after Dirk again choked in a late game situation?

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Why would he show up the night after Dirk again choked in a late game situation?

Please. The only people that think Dirk is a "choker" are those that don't watch enough games and Internet trolls. He missed a FT. It happens, but he's still one of the most clutch players in the league over the last 10 years.

Karenin
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I don't think llama's team played last night.

Huh?

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
No they won't. It comes several years too late. Sloan is getting beat on a regular basis with his own signature play! Now I'm not saying the Jazz management isn't to blame also but it's the same stale **** every damn year with the Jazz. The fans here are so frustrated. And just like the Broncos, when the big stars left there has been nothing but a bunch of "oh pretty good" players. Except for Darren Williams the majority are hit and miss and teams have all figured out Sloans play calling. I'm hearing from people I know all over Utah and it is sheer excitement.

Oh yeah Phil Johnson is reported to have left with him.

I hope this moves bites the Jazz in the azz. Sloan, IMHO, is the best "coach" in the NBA. He's done more with less than any other coach, especially my beloved Nugz who continually disappoint. The Nugz have gone through one coach after another, and they never consistently win. They have a revolving door of great players, and they never win.

If I was the Nugz, I'd give George Karl the rest of this year and then I'd fire him and beg Sloan to coach the team.

Missouribronc
02-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Huh?

I'm confused. Dramallama is a Spurs fan, right?

No one would defend Manu Ginobili unless he was a Spurs fan, right?

Jason in LA
02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm confused. Dramallama is a Spurs fan, right?

No one would defend Manu Ginobili unless he was a Spurs fan, right?

Nope, he's a Mavs fan. They're hot right now, so the Lakers need to keep winning. Forget about the one seed, they're playing for the No. 2 seed, and hopefully they can finish with a better record than the Heat and Celtics.

ZONA
02-11-2011, 11:11 PM
So what are the latest trade rumors?

RhymesayersDU
02-12-2011, 07:19 AM
So what are the latest trade rumors?

On Carmelo? Well nothing as of the past few days. I'm sure NY and DEN are haggling though. NY's initial offer was so lowball it was ridiculous... Although you'd expect that from them in this situation, clearly.

I actually haven't heard anything on the rest of the league, but I'm sure some deals will happen before the deadline.

ludo21
02-12-2011, 09:00 AM
GO SUNS!!!

I love this team they have put together. All guys score close to double digits and they are playing defense! Making a push for that 8th seed !

Obushma
02-12-2011, 09:04 AM
I hope this moves bites the Jazz in the azz. Sloan, IMHO, is the best "coach" in the NBA. He's done more with less than any other coach, especially my beloved Nugz who continually disappoint. The Nugz have gone through one coach after another, and they never consistently win. They have a revolving door of great players, and they never win.

If I was the Nugz, I'd give George Karl the rest of this year and then I'd fire him and beg Sloan to coach the team.

Word on the streets here is that Dr Hill / the Huntsmans want to bring him in to coach the Utes and they've been in talks.

Personaly I think he's done in the NBA, just can't get respect out of the players to run the system anymore.

ohiobronco2
02-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Hilarious!ROFL!

THE LAKERS SUCK. The lowly Cavs beat them. LA must have needed more FT attempts. :approve:

SoCalBronco
02-16-2011, 09:16 PM
It's not NBA...but I'm glad to see ESPNU is televising my alma mater's basketball game against Pepperdine, tonight. Go LMU Lions!

RhymesayersDU
02-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Nuggets finally get a much-needed win heading into the AS break.

Speaking of, I'm so ****ing excited for the AS festivities.

broncofan2438
02-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Hopefully not the last game we see Melo as a Nugget. KMart played well

RhymesayersDU
02-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Well, it all depends on the deal. I'm definitely excited about a deal if it's a decent/good deal. I like that talks are open with NJ again.

Los Broncos
02-16-2011, 10:40 PM
The Lakers lost to the Cavs?

I know it's not the playoffs but that isn't good.

Jason in LA
02-17-2011, 12:32 AM
I see a trade coming for the Lakers.

RhymesayersDU
02-17-2011, 06:09 AM
What's humorous about the Lakers/Cavs last night was that I was listening to Dan Patrick yesterday, and he had Phil Jackson on. At the end of the interview, DP told Phil to "watch out for the Cavs; they're hot right now... they've won one of their last two." Just being an all-around smartass. And sure enough, they got them.

Anyways Jason who can the Lakers trade? They shouldn't trade any of their length IMO and nobody is going to touch Ron Artest. What players do they even have to trade? Or do you trade a guy like Bynum?

ohiobronco2
02-17-2011, 08:27 AM
What's humorous about the Lakers/Cavs last night was that I was listening to Dan Patrick yesterday, and he had Phil Jackson on. At the end of the interview, DP told Phil to "watch out for the Cavs; they're hot right now... they've won one of their last two." Just being an all-around smartass. And sure enough, they got them.

Anyways Jason who can the Lakers trade? They shouldn't trade any of their length IMO and nobody is going to touch Ron Artest. What players do they even have to trade? Or do you trade a guy like Bynum?

Lakers are still one of the best teams in the league, they just aren't playing like a team right now. Good thing it is not the playoffs.

RhymesayersDU
02-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Oh I fully agree. They'll be in the mix come April.

Jason in LA
02-20-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm wondering if I'm the only one who thought the dunk contest was horrible... again!

I was at the event sitting on press row, and nobody around me had any great reaction to what we were seeing.

If these guys could hit their dunks on the first try then I think I might be blown away by some of them. But when a guy tries a dunk a good 5 times, and I can see what he's trying to do, once he finally hits it the shock value is gone.

The best individual dunk contest performance I've seen was from Vince Carter. I saw the Jordan and Wilkins battles. Vince topped both of them. The great thing about Carter's dunks was that he hit them on the first try, and it was just amazing. His first dunk, the reverse 360 windmill, I couldn't believe what I just saw. If he had to use five attempts to hit that, all of the luster would have been taken out of it. But he hit it on the first try and it was amazing. I think he hit all but one dunk on the first try, and the one do over was off of a bad lob pass, but he hit it the second try.

Last night's dunk contest was more of a production than a dunk contest. Blake Griffin's final dunk was nothing special. Anybody who can dunk the ball off a lob pass could have done that one. It's not like he jumped over the highest point of the car. The build up to the dunk, with the car being driven out and the choir, was greater than the dunk it self.

And the dunk the ball in two baskets and then dunk three balls at once, if the guy can't hit the dunk on a regular basis, then why is he trying to do it on national TV?

RhymesayersDU
02-20-2011, 10:32 AM
I agree with you Jason... to a point. But I also thought last night's dunk contest was a lot of fun.

I agree that when you try something multiple times, it takes the luster off it when you actually pull it off. For sure.

But I think the degree of difficulty on many of the dunks last night was pretty high, making them impressive nonetheless.

I think the problem is, obviously, that you can only do so much when you're in the air, and I think it's hard to come up with stuff that hasn't been done before. Again, I think the degree of difficulty was pretty high last night on most dunks last night. Would it be better if everybody hit first try? Of course. But I still think it was fun and still enjoyed watching. Couple buddies and I watched and had some drinks before going out, I liked it.

bombay
02-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Lakers are old.

Kobe has a lot more miles than your typical 1978 model.

OABB
02-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Lakers are old.

Kobe has a lot more miles than your typical 1978 model.

I think it's the weight of championship rings that are slowing them down.

bombay
02-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Whatever. They don't look like a team that will be able to flip the switch come playooff time.

OABB
02-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Whatever. They don't look like a team that will be able to flip the switch come playooff time.

I think they will. They did this last threepeat. Winning so much isn't easy. It's a real burden sometimes. Even as a fan I find myself disinterested in the petty, loserfilled land of the regular season. As soon as they start needing to win they will.

Being a winner is hard. Let me tell you.

bombay
02-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Wow! You play for the Lakers?!?

Or just support the corporation. I'm confused.

OABB
02-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow! You play for the Lakers?!?

Or just support the corporation. I'm confused.

I support the corporation. The super excellent perennial winner corporation. It's so much better than being a bitter loser.

there is room on the bandwagon if you want to taste success, even for a moment.

Let me know, I'll save you a seat.

bombay
02-20-2011, 12:38 PM
That shouts winner to me!

OABB
02-20-2011, 12:40 PM
That shouts winner to me!

Thanks! it is certainly better than complaining about every call by the refs, like you vagged on about during the conference finals a few years back.

Jason in LA
02-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I agree with you Jason... to a point. But I also thought last night's dunk contest was a lot of fun.

I agree that when you try something multiple times, it takes the luster off it when you actually pull it off. For sure.

But I think the degree of difficulty on many of the dunks last night was pretty high, making them impressive nonetheless.

I think the problem is, obviously, that you can only do so much when you're in the air, and I think it's hard to come up with stuff that hasn't been done before. Again, I think the degree of difficulty was pretty high last night on most dunks last night. Would it be better if everybody hit first try? Of course. But I still think it was fun and still enjoyed watching. Couple buddies and I watched and had some drinks before going out, I liked it.

I agree with you that the degree of difficulty is much higher, and I think that's where the problem is. They are trying dunks that are too difficult, and it's pulling the entire contest down. If a player can't nail a dunk, then why is he trying it? To me it's not exciting to see a guy finally hit a dunk after a bunch of tries.

A lot of people say that it's tough because everything has been done. I don't agree with that. I'm a believer that in most cases it's best to think inside the box, but everybody goes crazy when the out of the box way of thinking actually works. I'd say that these guys don't have to do a dunk that has never in any form been seen.

Using Vince Carter as an example again, out of his five dunks, I'd say that the only 100% original one was the one where he put his entire arm in the rim, and that was my least favorite of his dunks. The best one was the reverse 360 windmill dunk. I'd say that's one of the greatest dunks I've ever seen. But he didn't really invent the concepts of that dunk. 360s and windmill dunks had been performed for years. He simply combined the two and went the other way around. His dunk from the free throw line, we all know that's been done, but he did it with two hands, which was pretty mind blowing to me. And he did the between the legs off a lob from a teammate dunk. Other players had done the between the legs, and others used a teammates lob pass. But Carter combined the two.

Another example is Harold Miner, who killed it in the dunk contest. He did a lot of Dominique Wilkins dunks, but the style, flare, and power he did them with was awesome.

So I'd say that players can use older dunks, they just need to be spectacular doing them, and they can tweak a lot of those older dunks into something new like Vince Carter did. That would be way better than a guy bringing out a second basket and trying a good ten times to finally hit the dunk, which in the end wasn't all that impressive. And the kid and the toy on the rim dunk, that was a bit silly.

bombay
02-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Tell you what, if by odd chance there is a Lakers/Heat finals, I'll support the LAL Inc. product.

Won't be pulling for your football team under any circumstance, however.

spdirty
Need to just condense the NBA to 10 teams. 2 in LA, 2 in NY, 2 in CHI, 1 in MIA, 1 in Dallas, 1 in Houston, and 1 in Boston.

Then no matter what, Stern gets his finals wish. Really, whats the point of having small market teams in this league?

Would also favor the thought of not trading melo, and forcing him to either sign the extension with us, or lose up to 30-40 mil in salary over the next 3 years.

None of these trades will really help the Nugs rebuild into a winner, Kroenke has obviously decided that the Nuggets are not worth investing in, they wont get any decent free agents with the extra cap room they are about to get, so **** it. Be bitter with melo and **** him over in the pocketbook. Be even better if the new cba allowed the Nuggs to Franchise Tag Anthony. That would be funny.

OABB
Tell you what, if by odd chance there is a Lakers/Heat finals, I'll support the LAL Inc. product.

o.k. Deal And if he Lakers lose I will deny supporting them for a few weeks until you all forget.

spdirty
02-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I agree with you that the degree of difficulty is much higher, and I think that's where the problem is. They are trying dunks that are too difficult, and it's pulling the entire contest down. If a player can't nail a dunk, then why is he trying it? To me it's not exciting to see a guy finally hit a dunk after a bunch of tries.

A lot of people say that it's tough because everything has been done. I don't agree with that. I'm a believer that in most cases it's best to think inside the box, but everybody goes crazy when the out of the box way of thinking actually works. I'd say that these guys don't have to do a dunk that has never in any form been seen.

Using Vince Carter as an example again, out of his five dunks, I'd say that the only 100% original one was the one where he put his entire arm in the rim, and that was my least favorite of his dunks. The best one was the reverse 360 windmill dunk. I'd say that's one of the greatest dunks I've ever seen. But he didn't really invent the concepts of that dunk. 360s and windmill dunks had been performed for years. He simply combined the two and went the other way around. His dunk from the free throw line, we all know that's been done, but he did it with two hands, which was pretty mind blowing to me. And he did the between the legs off a lob from a teammate dunk. Other players had done the between the legs, and others used a teammates lob pass. But Carter combined the two.

Another example is Harold Miner, who killed it in the dunk contest. He did a lot of Dominique Wilkins dunks, but the style, flare, and power he did them with was awesome.

So I'd say that players can use older dunks, they just need to be spectacular doing them, and they can tweak a lot of those older dunks into something new like Vince Carter did. That would be way better than a guy bringing out a second basket and trying a good ten times to finally hit the dunk, which in the end wasn't all that impressive. And the kid and the toy on the rim dunk, that was a bit silly.

Need to change the rules to fix this. IMO you get 2 tries, you dont nail a dunk on the second try, your score is 0.

Also, why in the hell do they allow fan voting to start before the final round even begins?

OABB
02-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Won't be pulling for your football team under any circumstance, however.

what football team?

bombay
02-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Right.

OABB
02-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Right.

Worst. Smack. Ever.

Jason in LA
02-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Need to change the rules to fix this. IMO you get 2 tries, you dont nail a dunk on the second try, your score is 0.

Also, why in the hell do they allow fan voting to start before the final round even begins?

If I'm remembering right, the rule back in the 80s and 90s was that a player had one do over the entire contest. So they needed to make sure that they could hit the dunk they were attempting. That made the dunk contest better. Do we really need to see a player attempt an extremely difficult shot that he has very little chance of making on any given attempt?

I heard parts of the broadcast, and I thought it was funny how they were saying how great the dunk contest was, and then Dwight Howard said that the dunk contest is back. Ah, wasn't he the star of the last two dunk contests? So is he saying that those weren't good but this one was? And seeing that people always have to say that the dunk contest is back, that means that is usually sucks.

bombay
02-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Worst. Smack. Ever.

That wasn't a real railroad tunnel, Wile E.

SoCalBronco
02-20-2011, 02:59 PM
I would be willing to root for the Lakers if they played the Al-Qaeda All-Stars but that's about it.

:)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Amare & Wade complaining about Kobe's performance at the ASG...

http://twitter.com/franblinebury

D-Wade on Kobe: "Kobe was going for MVP tonight. It was that obvious. I think my three-year-old son knew it."

More Wade on Kobe: "It was like he was playing with the L.A. Lakers tonight. And he got whistles like he was playing for the L.A. Lakers."

The fact that Wade is complaining about the calls Kobe was getting or any calls at all for that matter is quite ironic if you ask me. This is coming from a guy who made history in the 2006 NBA finals for most free throw attempts in NBA FINALS HISTORY..

He's just butt hurt because Kobe made him look silly more than once tonight.

Carmelo backs up Kobe:

http://twitter.com/DuranLA/status/39551425851822080

Carmelo "we wanted Kobe to get the MVP. He got it going early, why not help him"

Amare on Kobe's fast start: "You can tell he wanted to get the MVP. He wasn't passing the ball at all. That's Kobe."

http://twitter.com/ArtGarcia_NBA/status/39546897232302080

Says the NBA seconds leading scorer (a guy who has to have the ball.) Ha!

Kevin Durant on Kobe: "If he passes the torch on to me, I know what to do with it."

http://twitter.com/#!/ArtGarcia_NBA

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Kobe's dunk on Lebron at the all star game

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bBJrjGSG2pw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

I want the poster. Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-21-2011, 07:12 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/33/fullj.ac58cf7ffb7eb275505907612c360d94/ac58cf7ffb7eb275505907612c360d94-getty-basket-nba-allstar-kobe.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/73/fullj.ef68e6cd6b9e62ba66169348e76b5a9a/ef68e6cd6b9e62ba66169348e76b5a9a-getty-basket-nba-allstar-kobe.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/c1/fullj.0f314505105a87977806809e04782111/ap-aa4d26eeba4d4f22a814308f7bcd37f2.jpg

LeBron tossed up a triple double.
Kobe's team won the game.
Kobe hoisted hardware.

Sounds about right. Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-21-2011, 07:15 AM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/730/kobedunksonlebroninthe2.jpg
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/730/kobedunksonlebroninthe2.jpg
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/730/kobedunksonlebroninthe2.jpg
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/730/kobedunksonlebroninthe2.jpg
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/730/kobedunksonlebroninthe2.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/730/kobedunksonlebroninthe2.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/730/kobedunksonlebroninthe2.jpg

Jason in LA
02-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Amare & Wade complaining about Kobe's performance at the ASG...

http://twitter.com/franblinebury

The fact that Wade is complaining about the calls Kobe was getting or any calls at all for that matter is quite ironic if you ask me. This is coming from a guy who made history in the 2006 NBA finals for most free throw attempts in NBA FINALS HISTORY..

He's just butt hurt because Kobe made him look silly more than once tonight.

Carmelo backs up Kobe:

http://twitter.com/DuranLA/status/39551425851822080

http://twitter.com/ArtGarcia_NBA/status/39546897232302080

Wow, D Wade and Amare sound like a couple of douches there. The game was in LA, so there is no shocker that Kobe would go for the MVP. Isn't that what usually happens in an All Star game? The home town guy puts on a show. Doesn't mean that he'll get the MVP, but usually he'll be more active. Kobe, Pau Gasol, and Blake Griffin got the most cheers at the game. The LA fans wanted to see those guys. In the third period the fans started chanting "We want Blake!" and then Griffin was put right into the game.

RhymesayersDU
02-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Kobe was spectacular last night. I haven't seen him dunk like he did last night in years. He is so good. I hate myself for this post.

ohiobronco2
02-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Wow, D Wade and Amare sound like a couple of douches there. The game was in LA, so there is no shocker that Kobe would go for the MVP. Isn't that what usually happens in an All Star game? The home town guy puts on a show. Doesn't mean that he'll get the MVP, but usually he'll be more active. Kobe, Pau Gasol, and Blake Griffin got the most cheers at the game. The LA fans wanted to see those guys. In the third period the fans started chanting "We want Blake!" and then Griffin was put right into the game.

100% agree. Of course he was going for the MVP in LA.

24champ
02-24-2011, 01:28 AM

I have a lot of respect for Durant, he's an easy player to root for outside of the Laker players. I like that Thunder team, a young respectable group.

Anyway I love all the trades, send all the talent to the East. Makes the Lakers road through the Western Conference playoffs much easier to deal with.

Spurs and Thunder are the only potential threats anyway.

TDmvp
02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
WTF Celtics ... Why would you trade Perkins.

RhymesayersDU
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Word is they couldn't afford to keep him.

ZONA
02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
I used to love the dunk contest back in the day but now I really don't care for it at all. And it's not about the props, or capes or how it's scored either. I just enjoy awesome "in game" dunks much much more. Seeing somebody throw down something impressive in a game is worth 20 awesome dunks in a dunk contest.

gunns
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I would be willing to root for the Lakers if they played the Al-Qaeda All-Stars but that's about it.

:)

LOL No kidding!

spdirty
02-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Well that was a real enjoyable half of defensive basketball by the Nugs. Keep it up, get out of there with a win.

RhymesayersDU
02-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Really fun watching the new guys. Low scoring half but interesting to see new styles, tendencies, etc.

OABB
02-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Just thought I'd stop by to see how all the non championship supporting fans were doing. What's up everyone? What's it like over here?

Kid A
02-24-2011, 11:00 PM
The Bulls have more than held their own against the Heat and Celtics in the regular season so far. It's going to be a hell of finish for the #1 seed, and the potential playoff match-ups have epic written all over. Can't wait.

epicSocialism4tw
02-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Congrats Nuggets fans.

I didnt get to see all of the game because its kind of on in the background while I work, but what I did see was good.

I think this will actually help the franchise more than having Anthony. Seriously. Hear me out for a second. I saw players take initiative with the Nuggets that havent been willing to do that before. Lawson being example #1, Afflalo being #2. Those guys are both solid players who have alot to contribute.

Afflalo has a grit about him. I'm telling you...that guy has a winners mentality. He's going to get better.

Lawson too.

Its almost like those guys were holding back so they didnt step on Anthony and Billups' feet. Now they have room to bloom.

I think that you guys will like this team better than the one that was in Denver a week ago. Its fun to root for guys who are really playing for the home team and for the home fans. I think thats what you guys have.

rovolution
02-24-2011, 11:19 PM
love this new identity for the Nugs.

Yea we dont have a dominant scorer but we have incredible depth at every position.

With no scorer the balls keeps moving plus the team plays stout defense without Melo on the court

epicSocialism4tw
02-24-2011, 11:24 PM

Yea we dont have a dominant scorer but we have incredible depth at every position.

With no scorer the balls keeps moving plus the team plays stout defense without Melo on the court

Give it three years.

In three years, Lawson, Afflalo, and Gallinari will be hitting their primes.

I'm seeing a Pistons-esque kind of thing there.

You guys need another post player. Maybe you can get that through the draft.

Dutch
02-24-2011, 11:31 PM

One of the great benefits of being 2 deep at every position is the luxury of letting the hot hand play. Add in the competition that it fosters for playing time, and you suddenly have guys hustling back on D and doing all the small things to stay on the floor. Team chemistry will benefit from not having to worry about bruising 'Melo's ego by not giving him all the shots. Melo was a ball stopper on offense. I know he scored his points, and I don't think I've ever seen a better last second clutch shooter. But he killed the flow on offense if he was off. He also sucked at D. No effort. I'll laugh my arse off if the Nugs end up making a deep run into the playoffs, and it could happen. One thing they definitely have going for them, they could handle a late season injury better than anyone else in the West right now. Lot of games left to play

Dutch
02-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Give it three years.

In three years, Lawson, Afflalo, and Gallinari will be hitting their primes.

I'm seeing a Pistons-esque kind of thing there.

You guys need another post player. Maybe you can get that through the draft.

Agreed!

epicSocialism4tw
02-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Agreed!

Nuggets management did a great job with the trade.

They got you guys a versatile set of pieces to work with and grow together. Anthony was just going to walk. Now instead of a gigantic hole in the roster, you have some pieces.

Keep watching Gallinari. That kid has the potential to be one of the best offensive players in the league. His frame is going to fill out, and if he's studious he'll learn some back-to-the-basket post plays. You play him as a 3. He has the potential to be a dominant scorer at that position. He's already a good face up player and spot shooter. He's a gritty dude too.

I'd be quite content with the Anthony dump if I was a Denver fan. No doubt. You guys have a future now. You didnt have much of one a couple of weeks ago.

broncofan2438
02-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Yup, great game tonight. Nice to see some team in Denver that might be able to play defense. Very tough watching Birdman, he is so bad

epicSocialism4tw
02-24-2011, 11:51 PM
It was fun watching LeBarn brick that game winner tonight, and it was ironic as well.

After he bricked that shot, Denver took the floor and beat the Celtics late in the fourth. Their new acquisitions played a huge role in that. LeBarn just walked on Cleveland and left them with absolutely nothing. Not only did he leave them with nothing, but he embarrassed the heck out of Cleveland with that "The Decision" abomination.

So the Denver game just confirmed for me how big of a jerk that LeBarn was for not sign-and-trading so that Cleveland could have something to soften the blow.

bombay
02-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Great intensity down at Pepsi tonight. The Nuggets played very tenacious defense, The crowd was very into it, just too bad Chauncey couldn't be here.

bombay
02-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Wilson Chandler had a very good game, btw.

epicSocialism4tw
02-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Also...has Kevin Garnett ever hit a clutch shot in his life? I swear, that dude misses every shot he takes in the last two minutes of a game.

bombay
02-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Although Melo isn't Batman, and is shaky as Robin, ESPN is gleeful that maybe the #5 team in the East is now his proud owner, sammich named for him at Carnagie Deli, etc, superstar power dude, guy who can play great D on Stoudemire,hold him to 17 with 6 turnovers, but the 1 or 2 team in teh East (teh Boston) goes down hard to the team that just dumped not-Batman. Sorry, East. Still got a mountain to climb.

bombay
02-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Yup, great game tonight. Nice to see some team in Denver that might be able to play defense. Very tough watching Birdman, he is so bad

Love to see him take a permanant spot on the bench. Were you there tonight? Big Russian makes him look like Olga Korbut.

SoCalBronco
02-25-2011, 01:06 AM
The Bulls have more than held their own against the Heat and Celtics in the regular season so far. It's going to be a hell of finish for the #1 seed, and the potential playoff match-ups have epic written all over. Can't wait.

With their stifling defense and their stars all healthy, I could see Chicago winning it all, or getting to the Finals.

KevinJames
02-25-2011, 03:43 AM
After just 1 game you can tell Wilson is gonna be a star in Denver he has all the qualities that Denver likes in a player.

bfoflcommish
02-25-2011, 08:14 AM
I swear to god they need to get rid of JR Smith. He will kill this team. he is now the only one not looking to pass first. when he is hot he is hot and will take a game over, but he is now a weak link on a team looking to play as a "team"

Tombstone RJ
02-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Anyone besides me sick of the birdman show? I liked him 7 years ago, but now, he's just a tattooed moron. Didn't the Nugz try to package him in a Melo trade? Birdman need to fly to another nest...

Jason in LA
02-25-2011, 10:17 AM
It was fun watching LeBarn brick that game winner tonight, and it was ironic as well.

No more game winning shot attempts for LeBron. That was horrible!!!!! It was a tough shot, but he got a pretty good look. How the hell did he miss that shot by so much? The ball didn't even hit the rim. D Wade is going to have to take all the last second shots from here on out, because LeBron isn't clutch.

TonyR
02-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Lots of good stuff in Simmons' column today. Here's an excerpt:

...the Nuggets knew that (A) Carmelo was never signing an extension in New Jersey, and (B) Carmelo wanted a $65 million extension as much as he wanted to play for the Knicks. Their savviest play was to keep him past the deadline and play the odds: something like a 90 percent chance that Carmelo would have grabbed the $65 million and a 10 percent chance that he would have been stupidly stubborn enough to say, "I'm out of here, I don't care if it costs me $20 million, I'm gone." Few NBA players would ever do that, and no self-respecting agent would ever allow that. It just wouldn't happen. Their move would be to sign the extension, play hard for the rest of the season, then push for a trade that summer. At that point, Denver could have had 29 teams bidding for him instead of one. Everyone wins.

That's what terrified the Knicks: Seven months of foreplay going up in smoke because Denver played those 90 percent odds and said, "Screw it, let's keep him." So why didn't the Nuggets do that? Because they're being run by a rookie general manager (Masai Ujiri) and a rookie figurehead (Josh Kroenke, the 30-year-old son of owner Stan Kroenke), neither of whom wanted to kick off their Nuggets reign by becoming the two bumbling idiots who rolled the dice on a Carmelo extension, then watched him skip off to New York for nothing. Denver needed to save face with a decent deal, which it did: Danilo Gallinari, a future No. 1 pick, a year and a half of Wilson Chandler, a giant trade exception and a severe payroll slash. And the Knicks nailed a rare chance to land another superstar who wanted to play for them -- in the James Dolan Era, not exactly a common occurrence -- instead of keeping their fingers crossed for the 2012 free agent class and Amare's knee ligaments not to turn into two bowls of fettucini.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110225/part1&sportCat=nba