PDA

View Full Version : Your Official 2010-2011 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

spdirty
04-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Sure would do my heart good to see the Nugs take a dump on the Lakers top seed hopes. Also would be awesome to see Koufos or Mozgof get in there and do a Fasenko impression.

bombay
04-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Nothing wrong here that a couple of big active 7'ers wouldn't fix.

Needed immediately.

Chris
04-03-2011, 01:55 PM
God Jeff Van Gundy is such a tool.

Willynowei
04-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh, poor Kobe! :vermeil:

Yeah looked intentional to me, oh and terribly disabling. :crazy:

That was clearly intentional. And, it would be perfectly fair if refs would swallow the whistle in that pussiefied league. Eye for an eye, oaf tries to flip Kobe, someone should be able to hip check him when he's going up for a rebound.

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Wow, Lakers aren't rebounding for ****. They're playing right into the nuggs run and gun. Need to get some boards, slow it down, and force them into some half court play. Kudos to the nuggies so far.

PS, both teams are shooting like **** (except for gallinari) haha

Lakers seem lethargic in these sunday noon start games...hopefully about 1:30 or so, we can wake up a bit

Man-Goblin
04-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Wow! 6 point lead for Nuggets with 3 and change to go!

Dutch
04-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Wow! 6 point lead for Nuggets with 3 and change to go!

We'll see how many points/turnovers the refs give to LA in the next 2 mins. Bet they make sure LA wins this.

Dutch
04-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Wow, Kobe didn't get the call in spite of the dramatics? Amazing.

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Great game by the nuggies today. Solid win! Great d, unselfish ball movement...forced a ton of turnovers. Nicely done! I had a bad feeling about this one :(

As I'm typing this, odom gets us within two!

theAPAOps5
04-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Martin just bulldozed Odom! LOL

SpringStein
04-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Hung around and played tough D - neither team played its best, but a great W for the Nugz.

Jason in LA
Damn the Lakers played sloppy today. I still like their chances to get home court because I think that the Spurs are going to lose a couple more games.

bombay
Nuggets play like crap, but a win is a win, I guess.

RhymesayersDU
Well, huge win for the Nuggies. However, the last 3 minutes was a debacle, and that's the kind of thing that certainly is a concern, having the talent and experience to close out teams at the end of a tight ballgame. But hopefully that comes with time.

So here's a question for all Denver and LA fans:
Any way we can just agree that while this is a big win for Denver, the Lakers are still the easy frontrunners in the West? Can we save the 3-pages of bickering that usually ensues when our two clubs play?

Man-Goblin
04-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Well, huge win for the Nuggies. However, the last 3 minutes was a debacle, and that's the kind of thing that certainly is a concern, having the talent and experience to close out teams at the end of a tight ballgame. But hopefully that comes with time.

So here's a question for all Denver and LA fans:
Any way we can just agree that while this is a big win for Denver, the Lakers are still the easy frontrunners in the West? Can we save the 3-pages of bickering that usually ensues when our two clubs play?

Agreed on all accounts.

Dutch
04-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Nice win, Nugs. Grinding win against the best team in the league at their house. If Denver can take both games against OKC (I know, I know...BIG If), they could make a run at the #4 seed. Nice win as banged up as they were today. Hope JR's knee is alright, that looked painful towards the end of the game.

enjolras
04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I was watching with a spurs fan. His take: "That last 5 minutes looks really familiar." Essentially incredible hustle, defensive pressure, and sloppy offense. I'll take it. That's what good defensive teams do (and the Nuggets are indeed VERY good). They put themselves in position to win, and with the offensive talent they have they can close it.

I enjoyed our first extended look at Mozgov too. Kid can play.

Kaylore
04-03-2011, 04:20 PM
What an epic win. Kmart was hilarious. Felton is my new hero. He's been awesome lately.

Willynowei
04-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Damn the Lakers played sloppy today. I still like their chances to get home court because I think that the Spurs are going to lose a couple more games.

Are you sure you want the #1 seed? Lets be real here, OKC is the only team that can take LA past 5 games in the west, and I'd rather face them later than sooner.

spdirty
04-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Great win. That should get the league to take notice!

Now hoping the Sterns take advantage of this great day and get that top seed.

Just looked at the standings looks like as of now we are 3 games behind OKC in the loss column and we get to play 2 games against them. And OKC has 1 game at LA Lakers. Have to win out which means beating OKC then at Dallas on B2B nights, but I wouldnt put anything past this team.

SpringStein
04-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I enjoyed our first extended look at Mozgov too. Kid can play.

Agree. For the first time he had an opportunity to showcase why the Knicks were reluctant to part with him.

spdirty
04-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Are you sure you want the #1 seed? Lets be real here, OKC is the only team that can take LA past 5 games in the west, and I'd rather face them later than sooner.

And your sure they'll play OKC in the second round.::)

Chris
04-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Wilson Chandler's defense of Kobe and his offensive rebounding were HUGE in this game.

spdirty
04-03-2011, 04:38 PM

Depends on if Lakers fans acknowledge that they need to win 12 games against quality opposition before they go to the Finals.

15-4 since we got rid of that cancer I won't concede anything to anyone.

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 04:40 PM

Fail all over the place here.

Yes, we want the #1 seed, because that would most likely mean home court vs the east.

Okc isn't the only team that can take us past five.

Being #1 or #2 wouldn't matter in terms of when we played Okc.

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Depends on if Lakers fans acknowledge that they need to win 12 games against quality opposition before they go to the Finals.

Come on now, don't get pissy that we're favorites, and defending champs. Hopefully we see another Lakers/Nuggies WCF.

We're allowed to be confident, doesn't mean we're downplaying the fact that the nuggs just whooped our ass at home.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I didnt see the whoe game. I saw the whole first half and last 7 minutes of the game. One thing I didnt understand was why the Nuggets didnt push the ball more at the beginning of the game. Bynum was very conscientous about getting back on defense and that caused the PGs to let off the gas a little. But instead of letting off the gas, they should have been pushing the tempo more. The more you make Bynum run, the more worthless he is, especially at the end of games and over a 7 game series.

RhymesayersDU
04-03-2011, 04:46 PM
In other news, Nuggies officially clinched a playoff spot. Not that is was really in question, but still nice. They should be able to get to 50 wins as well.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 04:51 PM

I dont agree with this at all. The way the Nuggets are able to push tempo combined with how a lot of teams like to shorten their rotations in the playoffs, make them a candidate to give LA a run for their money. Plus age isnt on LAs side. Denver's capable of making a series extremely grueling by pushing tempo.

spdirty
04-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Come on now, don't get pissy that we're favorites, and defending champs. Hopefully we see another Lakers/Nuggies WCF.

Yeah but this is 2011.

We're allowed to be confident, doesn't mean we're downplaying the fact that the nuggs just whooped our ass at home.

Thats cool. I'm fine admitting that right now its about 80% gonna be either LA, SA, BOS, and CHI gonna win the title, abd those are the probables in the conference finals but the playoffs havent started yet. All I'm saying is those that look past everyone as if the Lakers are already WCF champs are ****in a-holes. They have 3 tough series to play first.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 04:55 PM
In other news, Nuggies officially clinched a playoff spot. Not that is was really in question, but still nice. They should be able to get to 50 wins as well.

All I can say is, as a Bulls fan, you did us a massive favor in taking down the Lakers. Before the weekend, both LA and Chicago had identical records and were contending for the #1 overall seed. The Bulls went up a half a game with their win over Toronto and Denver taking down LA in LA, gave Chicago a little cushion on LA with games against Boston and Orlando coming up. Plus Im sure the Spurs fans would say something similar in expressing their gratitude. The Nuggets win had a big ripple effect.

enjolras
04-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Keep in mind that the Nuggets just beat the Lakers on the road with their best perimeter defender (Afflalo) injured. Hopefully if they meet the Lakers in the playoffs, it will be Afflalo primarily covering Kobe, which I think he can be fairly effective at (as effective as you can be against Kobe).

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Keep in mind that the Nuggets just beat the Lakers on the road with their best perimeter defender (Afflalo) injured. Hopefully if they meet the Lakers in the playoffs, it will be Afflalo primarily covering Kobe, which I think he can be fairly effective at (as effective as you can be against Kobe).

Great point. Afflalo is my favorite player on the Nuggs, and he's going to give Kobe fits if that's the way they scheme it. Without trying to sound too negative, the Nuggs did a great job of taking Kobe out of some shots in the second half...when you aren't having a good shooting night, it's tough to kick out to fish, ron ron, or blake when they can't a bull in the ass with a banjo.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 05:00 PM

I thought Chandler did a pretty awesome job on Kobe. That dude is one of the most underrated wing players in the NBA. You should really try to hang on to him. As a Bulls fan, I would love to see him in a Bulls uniform. He'd fit in perfectly. The guy is also from Benton Harbor, MI and went to DePaul.

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 05:05 PM
I thought Chandler did a pretty awesome job on Kobe. That dude is one of the most underrated wing players in the NBA. You should really try to hang on to him. As a Bulls fan, I would love to see him in a Bulls uniform. He'd fit in perfectly. The guy is also from Benton Harbor, MI and went to DePaul.

Going to have to disagree. He did a good job of FUNNELING Kobe, but got smoked a few times 1v1. AA would do much better. Chandler isn't quick enough to handle that job on his own. Not to mention, he's been less than impressive the last four games...that trend continued tonight with 3 of 9 shooting. I think he's good, but not one of the most underrated by any stretch.

bombay
04-03-2011, 05:13 PM

Yeah, the Nuggets have six remaining games: OKC twice, Dallas, Minnesota, Golden St, and Utah. With their current 47 wins, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 51 or even 52 if they can get one or both of the OKC games.

That seemed pretty far-fetched when they were 32-25 at the time they unloaded carmelo.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Going to have to disagree. He did a good job of FUNNELING Kobe, but got smoked a few times 1v1. AA would do much better. Chandler isn't quick enough to handle that job on his own. Not to mention, he's been less than impressive the last four games...that trend continued tonight with 3 of 9 shooting. I think he's good, but not one of the most underrated by any stretch.

He defends, he passes, he can score, and he can make FTs. I thought even though Kobe had the angle a couple of times, Chandler recovered well to contest the shots usually with his length and young legs. BTW, Kobe was 10/27.

Not only that, but Chandler is vital to how the Nuggets should play. He is a very strong perimeter defender, can run the floor and finish at the rim. Denver should be pushing tempo and having Chandler defending the perimeter and running the floor is a huge asset.

Could you imagine Chandler in Thibodeau's defense? With him at the 2 and Deng at the 3, he would be a defensive juggernaut and would have more openings on offense playing off of Rose. The fact that he's not exactly the most selfish player helps too.

oubronco
04-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Thats cool. I'm fine admitting that right now its about 80% gonna be either LA, SA, BOS, and CHI gonna win the title.

Those teams are gonna get Thunder Struck :strong:

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 05:26 PM
He defends, he passes, he can score, and he can make FTs. I thought even though Kobe had the angle a couple of times, Chandler recovered well to contest the shots usually with his length and young legs. BTW, Kobe was 10/27.

Not only that, but Chandler is vital to how the Nuggets should play. He is a very strong perimeter defender, can run the floor and finish at the rim. Denver should be pushing tempo and having Chandler defending the perimeter and running the floor is a huge asset.

Could you imagine Chandler in Thibodeau's defense? With him at the 2 and Deng at the 3, he would be a defensive juggernaut and would have more openings on offense playing off of Rose. The fact that he's not exactly the most selfish player helps too.

I agree with just about everything you've said, but it just doesn't translate for me. Maybe I need to pay closer attention.

I agree that would be a pretty gnarly lineup in Chi town, but I don't know if you'd see more openings on the offensive side of the ball. EVERYONE is getting looks right now in this Nuggies offense...I actually think he'd get less looks alongsided Rose at the 2. Don't get me wrong, I think he's solid, but imo he's a more of a facilitator than consistent scoring threat.

I should probly stop commenting on him though, as I haven't watched as much NBA this year compared with years past. I'll shut my mouth and start watching him more ;D

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 05:33 PM
I agree with just about everything you've said, but it just doesn't translate for me. Maybe I need to pay closer attention.

He has every tool in the tool box. The guy doesnt assert himself the way he maybe could or should. He does sometimes but this cuts both ways. Deferring to teammates isnt all bad. Thats one reason that I think he would be great with Chicago. The Bulls already have Rose. What Chicago needs is well rounded players who arent going to stop ball movement and who can defend.

I agree that would be a pretty gnarly lineup in Chi town, but I don't know if you'd see more openings on the offensive side of the ball. EVERYONE is getting looks right now in this Nuggies offense...I actually think he'd get less looks alongsided Rose at the 2. Don't get me wrong, I think he's solid, but imo he's a more of a facilitator than consistent scoring threat.

Since the Bulls are currently starting Keith Bogans, its hard to draw conclusions from what Bogans does. Its Keith Bogans. What you'll typically see when playing with Rose is open outside shots and driving lanes because of how teams overplay Rose.

I should probly stop commenting on him though, as I haven't watched as much NBA this year compared with years past. I'll shut my mouth and start watching him more ;D

It makes sense to do that. The guy does a lot of different things that helps teams win. He doesnt have one defineable thing that he does like Kobe and Rose assert themselves late in games. Chandler can do a lot of different things and some of its more subtle.

But Ill be honest. I think Chandler could be the closest thing in the NBA to Scottie Pippen. Where I think youd really see his percieved value soar is if he plays on an elite team. The Nuggets are a dangerous team and he's one reason why but if you could put him on a team contending for the finals, I think the perception of his value would change drastically. Part of that is that he would typically be playing on a team with another or other elite players. He doesnt really have that in Denver. What Denver has is some of the best depth that the NBA has seen.

bombay
04-03-2011, 05:37 PM

I'm with you on Chandler. I think he, not Gallinari, has been the 2nd best player to this point in the trade with the Knicks. He does a bit of everythings, and gives us some size where it's needed up front, and most importantly seems to be buying in to the Karl method. Love this kid.

bombay
04-03-2011, 05:42 PM
The Lakers loss today pretty much eliminated them from best overall record and home advantage throughout. They still have a shot at catching the Spurs for best in the West, but much more of a long shot than it was this morning.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
The Lakers loss today pretty much eliminated them from best overall record and home advantage throughout. They still have a shot at catching the Spurs for best in the West, but much more of a long shot than it was this morning.

People shouldnt lose sight of the fact that the Bulls are also chasing the Spurs. Even if the Spurs falter, that doesnt ensure the that the Lakers will finish ahead of the Bulls.

bombay
04-03-2011, 05:58 PM
People shouldnt lose sight of the fact that the Bulls are also chasing the Spurs. Even if the Spurs falter, that doesnt ensure the that the Lakers will finish ahead of the Bulls.

Huh. I actually thought Chicago had a small lead over SA. They are wedged between, one ahead of the Lakers, and 1.5 behind SA.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Bulls do some damage. Loved the old Sloan/VanLear/Chet the Jet/ Butterbean Love/ Boerwinkle Bulls. Love to see them come out of the East.

Karenin
04-03-2011, 05:59 PM
What a surprise, that little b**** 24champ is nowhere to be found. You better believe if the Lakers won he'd be in here puffing out his chest like he just personally hit the game winning shot.

SoCalBronco
04-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Hopefully Chicago can nab the best overall record since they're very difficult to beat at home. Always good to see the Lakers lose.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Since there are a lot of Laker fans here, lets just size this up: What teams can legitimately beat LA or force 7 games?

This is who I have:

Oklahoma City-- The Thunder are strong where LA is really weak. Im talking about PG where Westbrook against Fisher is a huge mismatch.

Denver-- Again, PG play can potentially be huge here. The Nuggets can push tempo like no other team in the league because of their 2 PGs and also their wing players. The Nuggets could be a nightmare in a 7 game series, especially against the Lakers. The constant pressure and up tempo could make LAs bigs less relevant because of being so mindful about getting back on defense. Not only could the Nuggets wear the Lakers down conceivably, but the Nuggets could wear the Lakers out for the next round if the Lakers would advance.

Portland-- Portland is really tough at home and the presence/emergence of Aldridge offsets some of LAs relative strengths. Its not inconceivable that Portland could steal one in LA and hold serve at home. This is unlikely. LA is very strong but, again, Portland would have a punchers chance.

Memphis-- Theyre tough. They just played Chicago and it took an amazing sequence from Derrick Rose at the end of the game to salvage victory. Theyd be a dark horse but they shouldnt be underestimated. Theyre capable of playing some ball.

I think its somewhat ironic that two of the top 3 teams in the west dont match up well against LA.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Hopefully Chicago can nab the best overall record since they're very difficult to beat at home. Always good to see the Lakers lose.

Yeah, thanks. Believe me, people have one eye ahead to a possible LA-Chicago NBA finals. Its been discussed that this would be the ultimate in symmetry. It was 20 years ago this year that the upstart Bulls layed waste to the Lakers en route to what is probably the best dynasty that the American public has seen in the last 30 years. The only possible exception is the Edmonton Oilers when they had Gretzky and Messier. Whatever. The storylines are endless. Magic was on 5 going for 6. Jordan was going for his first. Now, 20 years later, Kobe is on 5 going for 6, while Rose is going for his first. Just as a point of emphasis, Magic > Kobe and Jordan>Rose (lets get that out of the way). Phil going for his 4th three-peat against the team it started with and with the team it started against. Phil was a big part of building the brand that is the Chicago Bulls. And need I mention the recent stir that Tim Legler created by pointing out that Rose is playing the best PG of anyone since Magic Johnson was in the league. It just never stops.

And lets be honest. The NBA was at its absolute peak in popularity when Jordan was with the Bulls. The highest rated NBA finals was in 1998 when the Bulls played the Jazz. I probably dont need to point out that the Jazz wasnt the team generating the interest. Basically, what Im saying is that there are tons of Bulls fans who went dormant after Jordan retired that have started coming back. It has especially helped with the recent 20 year reunion and the 91 team getting behind the current Bulls. So an old money, new money NBA finals between the Lakers and the Bulls could be huge...it could be even bigger than the Lakers-Celtics which only did half of what the Bulls-Jazz 98 finals did, and those were two classic NBA titles. The ratings of a Bulls-Lakers finals could be an overwhelming tribute to Jordan, Phil, Pippen, Rodman, etc and the brand of excellence that they created in the 90s.

Missouribronc
04-03-2011, 06:30 PM
What a surprise, that little b**** 24champ is nowhere to be found. You better believe if the Lakers won he'd be in here puffing out his chest like he just personally hit the game winning shot.

Its fans like that really piss off fans of smaller teams. Dude probably roots for the Broncos/Lakers/Yankees/North Carolina, or some **** like that. They root for teams that always win, and always have won, and then they talk smack like they are better than you because of it. And they freak the **** out when you don't win (Yeah, I'm looking at you freak-out people in the last year (jhns)).

I've really read a lot of very respectful Lakers fans posts here, as I see there are a lot of So-Cal Broncos fans on this site, and I really appreciate that, so all you Lakers fans posting, you've changed my mind a little about Lakers fans...

Like I've always said when called on talking a little Nuggets smack in the last few years when called on it, what the hell did you want me to brag about? Todd Lichti?

Willynowei
04-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Fail all over the place here.

Yes, we want the #1 seed, because that would most likely mean home court vs the east.

Okc isn't the only team that can take us past five.

Being #1 or #2 wouldn't matter in terms of when we played Okc.

Being #2 means you play Dallas first and SA could get hot and knock out OKC, who can legitimately beat the Lakers.

Being #2 does not mean we give up homecourt to Boston whos not losing in the east without serious injury or something catastrophic, I don't care what the regular season indicates.

Willynowei
04-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I dont agree with this at all. The way the Nuggets are able to push tempo combined with how a lot of teams like to shorten their rotations in the playoffs, make them a candidate to give LA a run for their money. Plus age isnt on LAs side. Denver's capable of making a series extremely grueling by pushing tempo.

Nuggets have George Karl, thats why they have a shot at any single game (they know how to work the whistle) that is where their advantages end.

LA will slow tempo to a crawl in the playoffs, transition play won't matter because there won't be turnovers to feast off of when the lakers are focused.

There is no way these young chickens are going to bring even half of what Denver brought vs. LA a few years ago with Billups and Anthony. Billups is probably a top 5 playoff PG with tempo control, decision making and clutch shooting, Melo was unguardable and Kobe had serious trouble blocking him off from the boards.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Nuggets have George Karl, thats why they have a shot at any single game (they know how to work the whistle) that is where their advantages end.

LA will slow tempo to a crawl in the playoffs, transition play won't matter because there won't be turnovers to feast off of when the lakers are focused.

Im not so sure about that. One of the potential flaws in this reasoning is that its based on what is typically the case. The problem is, that doesnt necessarily apply here. Every thing you said, makes more sense against other teams that also shorten their rotations. When the Nuggets have two starting lineups on their team, the dynamic could change drastically. They can make LAs bigs run the floor more than theyre comfortable with. This could actually affect them at both ends of the floor and it could also affect their health. Kobe and Fisher are also not the youngest players in the league. What I think would happen is that Shannon Brown might end up playing more than Fisher. The Nuggets have guys who can push tempo and wing players that further allow them to push tempo. By pushing tempo, the Nuggets could tip the scale from being about how Nene handles Bynum, to a series thats more about whether Bynum can get back on defense.

Youre right. The Lakers probably would try to slow down the tempo, but when the Nuggets get the ball, theyre still capable of making Bynum run the length of the court in a way that he's not comfortable with.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Huh. I actually thought Chicago had a small lead over SA. They are wedged between, one ahead of the Lakers, and 1.5 behind SA.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Bulls do some damage. Loved the old Sloan/VanLear/Chet the Jet/ Butterbean Love/ Boerwinkle Bulls. Love to see them come out of the East.

Interesting. You're really an old timer to drop those names. Most people would have gravitated towards the Jordan era Bulls.

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Being #2 means you play Dallas first and SA could get hot and knock out OKC, who can legitimately beat the Lakers.

Being #2 does not mean we give up homecourt to Boston whos not losing in the east without serious injury or something catastrophic, I don't care what the regular season indicates.

this is what you originally said:

Are you sure you want the #1 seed? Lets be real here, OKC is the only team that can take LA past 5 games in the west, and I'd rather face them later than sooner

You must be confused. Boston isn't even the second best team in the east right now. NBA Finals home court is decided by regular season record, regardless of seeding. We're behind Chi town right now, and there's a possibility miami, chicago, OR boston could end up with a better record.

And I don't know if you're looking in the wrong place, but being number two doesn't mean we're playing dallas (assuming the post season started right now). Dallas is third right now. We'd be playing memphis.

Check your facts holmes.

Willynowei
04-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Im not so sure about that. One of the potential flaws in this reasoning is that its based on what is typically the case. The problem is, that doesnt necessarily apply here. Every thing you said, makes more sense against other teams that also shorten their rotations. When the Nuggets have two starting lineups on their team, the dynamic could change drastically. They can make LAs bigs run the floor more than theyre comfortable with. This could actually affect them at both ends of the floor and it could also affect their health. Kobe and Fisher are also not the youngest players in the league. What I think would happen is that Shannon Brown might end up playing more than Fisher. The Nuggets have guys who can push tempo and wing players that further allow them to push tempo. By pushing tempo, the Nuggets could tip the scale from being about how Nene handles Bynum, to a series thats more about whether Bynum can get back on defense.

Youre right. The Lakers probably would try to slow down the tempo, but when the Nuggets get the ball, theyre still capable of making Bynum run the length of the court in a way that he's not comfortable with.

There are two ways to push tempo. #1 - you get turnovers. #2 - you have an incredible PG (like Nash or Paul) and you have your wings run down court early after the opposing team jacks up a shot.

The problem with #1 is that the Lakers are the best in the NBA at protecting the ball, today they did but today they had 2 turnovers on inbounds passes, thats how unfocused they were, in the playoffs they are careful as hell.

Problem with #2 is that the Lakers are the best rebounding team in the NBA and you risk having Gasol and Bynum get second chance shots all game while your players run down court early. On the other end, they will foul you for the first 3 times you get ahead per quarter (blocking foul, etc), so you're not guaranteed points while hte Lakers are getting tip ins, its not a good trade off!

I have seen teams rebound like crazy and run transition, (Golden state a few years ago and OKC last year comes to mind) but they have incredible athleticism and the Lakers still figured out OKC by running back on transition as soon as they saw a player taking a shot! How do you get in transition when the opposing defense is getting back before the ball even hits the rim?

Transition teams have trouble, you'd think the Magic with Nelson, Carter, Pietrus, Rashard Lewis and freaking Dwight Howard would be able to run on Boston whos got a bunch of guys on wheel chairs and look what happened last year! Its just hard man, really hard.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 07:02 PM
There are two ways to push tempo. #1 - you get turnovers. #2 - you have an incredible PG (like Nash or Paul) and you have your wings run down court early after the opposing team jacks up a shot.

The problem with #1 is that the Lakers are the best in the NBA at protecting the ball, today they did but today they had 2 turnovers on inbounds passes, thats how unfocused they were, in the playoffs they are careful as hell.

Problem with #2 is that the Lakers are the best rebounding team in the NBA and you risk having Gasol and Bynum get second chance shots all game while your players run down court early. On the other end, they will foul you for the first 3 times you get ahead per quarter (blocking foul, etc), so you're not guaranteed points while hte Lakers are getting tip ins, its not a good trade off!

I have seen teams rebound like crazy and run transition, (Golden state a few years ago and OKC last year comes to mind) but they have incredible athleticism and the Lakers still figured out OKC by running back on transition as soon as they saw a player taking a shot! How do you get in transition when the opposing defense is getting back before the ball even hits the rim?

Transition teams have trouble, you'd think the Magic with Nelson, Carter, Pietrus, Rashard Lewis and freaking Dwight Howard would be able to run on Boston whos got a bunch of guys on wheel chairs and look what happened last year! Its just hard man, really hard.

The Nuggets need to repeatedly work on scenario #2. Thats how they can beat the Lakers. As soon as the Nuggets get the ball, they should push it up the court. If Bynum doesnt get back, the Nuggets have the advantage. If Bynum does get back, over the long haul, this becomes wearing on a 7 footer with a history of injury problems. Not only that, but since Nene is decent at running the floor himself, he can neutralize Bynum to some degree. And then when the series goes to Denver, the altitude comes into play. I just dont see how Lawson/Chandler/Afflalo or Felton/Smith/Gallari pushing the ball up the floor doesnt expose vulnerabilities in the Lakers.

The Nuggets are one of the few teams that can do this.

Willynowei
04-03-2011, 07:02 PM
this is what you originally said:

You must be confused. Boston isn't even the second best team in the east right now. NBA Finals home court is decided by regular season record, regardless of seeding. We're behind Chi town right now, and there's a possibility miami, chicago, OR boston could end up with a better record.

And I don't know if you're looking in the wrong place, but being number two doesn't mean we're playing dallas (assuming the post season started right now). Dallas is third right now. We'd be playing memphis.

Check your facts holmes.

NBA seeding is locked, at #2, you play the #3 in the second round, so Dallas would play us in Round 2.

Boston isn't best team in the EAST? You're watching too much ESPN. Come finals time, Boston will have left Miami and Chicago running home scared.

As long as we finish infront of Boston, Lakers are fine. I don't know what makes you think Celtics are no longer the team to beat out East. When they turn it on in the Playoffs, no one can touch them in the east.

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 07:05 PM

The scary part about the matchup was played out today before our eyes. In order to fully utilize our bigs, the rebounding HAS to be there in order to slow things up and turn it into a half court game. That wasn't happening in the second half at all. The nuggs were crashing boards and getting out into transition quickly, which is something we've been taking out of the equation the last 15 games. They were also extremely disruptive on D (I don't know if that was lethargy and sloppiness on the part of the lakeshow, or tenacity on the nuggets part), which created an uncharacteristically high amount of turnovers on our part.

They basically took the purple and gold out of their gameplan, and kudos to they and karl for that.

I tend to think it was more of an apathetic approach, simply because pau and bynum have proved that they can get back on D consistently even in those higher paced games. Kobe is another I'm not worried about in that regard. Fish on the other hand, is showing his age and could definitely see less playing time if the nuggs were to stretch out a series.

Basically, if the biggs of the Lakers couldn't impose their will on a smaller Nuggets team, I think you'd see a lot more brown/odom.

It'd be a great series though for sure. Speed vs size, a battle of wills!

Boobs McGee
04-03-2011, 07:09 PM
NBA seeding is locked, at #2, you play the #3 in the second round, so Dallas would play us in Round 2.

Boston isn't best team in the EAST? You're watching too much ESPN. Come finals time, Boston will have left Miami and Chicago running home scared.

As long as we finish infront of Boston, Lakers are fine. I don't know what makes you think Celtics are no longer the team to beat out East. When they turn it on in the Playoffs, no one can touch them in the east.

No. Boston isn't the same team. I'm MUCH more worried about the Bulls and Heat, and even Orlando for that matter. Imo they won't be flipping any magical switch this year.

and ps the mavs aren't getting out of the first round this year, so again, no.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 07:09 PM

I have to chime in here. Rondo is no match for Rose. The Bulls coach is the architect of Boston's defense but Chicago has better individual defenders and better depth in the post. I think you're being a little naive to automatically dismiss Chicago. The Bulls' defense is no joke. The Bulls have a top 2 rebounding team (in spite of losing Noah and Boozer for a huge chunk of the season) and the Bulls are also one of the best teams at not allowing other teams to get rebounds.

The Bulls were 9-8 after their first 17 games. There was a learning curve with new players, a new coach, and a new system. Since then, the Bulls have effectively been a juggernaut. Since the Bulls 17th game, they have won over 80% of their games and havent lost more than 2 games in a row all season. Also, the Bulls have outscored their opponents by 200 pts in the 4th qtr. Not other team has outscored their opponents by more than 100 pts in the 4th qtr. Dont sleep on the Bulls. Theyre not flashy. They're just very, very good.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 07:19 PM
The scary part about the matchup was played out today before our eyes. In order to fully utilize our bigs, the rebounding HAS to be there in order to slow things up and turn it into a half court game. That wasn't happening in the second half at all. The nuggs were crashing boards and getting out into transition quickly, which is something we've been taking out of the equation the last 15 games. They were also extremely disruptive on D (I don't know if that was lethargy and sloppiness on the part of the lakeshow, or tenacity on the nuggets part), which created an uncharacteristically high amount of turnovers on our part.

They basically took the purple and gold out of their gameplan, and kudos to they and karl for that.

Interesting. I watched the whole first half on the treadmill. I kept wondering why Denver wasnt pushing tempo more. Bynum was getting back on defense. My immediate thought was that, if Bynum gets back on defense, the answer is not to slow it down but to push it more. Then I missed most of the second half and resumed watching with about 7 minutes to play. Apparently my observations in the first half took hold on the game?

I tend to think it was more of an apathetic approach, simply because pau and bynum have proved that they can get back on D consistently even in those higher paced games. Kobe is another I'm not worried about in that regard. Fish on the other hand, is showing his age and could definitely see less playing time if the nuggs were to stretch out a series.

Everything that was just said here, makes sense in a regular season game when LA moves on to a different opponent the next game. But in a 7 game series, the Nuggets throttle control is a huge factor...or it least it needs to be for them to win.

Theres a part of me that loves this style of play because it requires everyone to give of themselves in a way that you dont have on most teams. A lot of teams have prima donnas that dont want to leave the floor. If the Nuggets players can get past that, they can be lethal.

Basically, if the biggs of the Lakers couldn't impose their will on a smaller Nuggets team, I think you'd see a lot more brown/odom.

It'd be a great series though for sure. Speed vs size, a battle of wills!

So you agree with me on Brown? Its the truth. Theres no getting around Fishers limitations. Early in the season, I remember the Bulls playing the Lakers in LA and losing because Shannon Brown had one of his best shooting nights ever from 3. Noah actually outplayed Gasol that game and if not for Brown, the Bulls should have/could have won. Oh well. I guess the point Im making is that LA needs Shannon Brown, especially against teams like Denver and Chicago. If Aaron Brooks ate Fisher alive 2 years ago, what do you think Derrick Rose will do to Fisher now? I question how much Fisher would even be on the floor.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Lived in Chicago and was a Bulls fan. Reggie Theus lived in my building at Schiller and Clark, as did Mark Landsberger. Partied a lot with those guys, and guys I''d played with and against in college. Nik Weatherspoon, Kobe's dad, Joe Bryant,Sidney Wicks, etc. Ironically it was about '79, the year Kobe was born. Came here in '82 and immediately converted to the Nuggets.

Nice! Personally, I would have rather partied with Rodman but that also sounds like a great time you had.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 07:47 PM
If you'd met him you probably wouldn't say that. Bryant and 'Spoon, and Wicks and those guys (and a bunch more) were mello, and not caught up in the craziness Rodman was.

Ive actually been to a club when Rodman was there. The guy is/was awesome. Joakim Noah has actually been partying with him recently. The guy is a legend. And Im not just saying that because he was with Carmen Electra either.

Willynowei
04-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I have to chime in here. Rondo is no match for Rose. The Bulls coach is the architect of Boston's defense but Chicago has better individual defenders and better depth in the post. I think you're being a little naive to automatically dismiss Chicago. The Bulls' defense is no joke. The Bulls have a top 2 rebounding team (in spite of losing Noah and Boozer for a huge chunk of the season) and the Bulls are also one of the best teams at not allowing other teams to get rebounds.

The Bulls were 9-8 after their first 17 games. There was a learning curve with new players, a new coach, and a new system. Since then, the Bulls have effectively been a juggernaut. Since the Bulls 17th game, they have won over 80% of their games and havent lost more than 2 games in a row all season. Also, the Bulls have outscored their opponents by 200 pts in the 4th qtr. Not other team has outscored their opponents by more than 100 pts in the 4th qtr. Dont sleep on the Bulls. Theyre not flashy. They're just very, very good.

They've won a lot of games in the regular season, i get that.

They rebound well statically, I get that.

Here's the problem. In a half court set, they rely on Boozer in the post, pick & roll with Rose.

Boozer will get shut down by Garnett the same way he folds against any other good post defender.

Rose? lets see if he can shoot over 40% in a series vs. Rondo, because I don't buy your statement that Rondo is no match for Rose. In fact, I think Rondo would out play rose in a 7 game series in 3 areas: 1.) Defense, 2.) Controlling the flow of the game, 3.) rebounding.

In any case, you're left with Luo Deng vs. Pierce, Allen, or Green defending him, all highly capable perimeter defenders.

Defensively? I want to know how they stop both Garnett and Shaq in the half court. Noah on one guy, whose on the other?

How do you stop Paul Pierce in the post... Luo Deng???

Yeah, Bulls have great defense in the regular season, lets see what happens when Boston forces double teams in the post on either Garnett, Shaq, Pierce, or a penetrating Rondo and rotate the ball to the best 3 point shooter in the NBA.

We'll see I guess, personally? I don't think it goes 7, maybe 6 with the Bulls home court energy.

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 08:06 PM
They've won a lot of games in the regular season, i get that.

They rebound well statically, I get that.

Here's the problem. In a half court set, they rely on Boozer in the post, pick & roll with Rose.

Boozer will get shut down by Garnett the same way he folds against any other good post defender.

The interesting thing about this is that Taj, at times, is better than Boozer. Taj has a little more athleticism and is a much better defender. When Boozer was injured recently, the Bulls defense was on lockdown. Since Boozer has come back, its been a little less stellar. As I said, the Bulls have depth at the post positions. The Bulls are 3 deep at center and 2 deep at PF. And 2 of the Bulls Cs can run the floor as well as any center in the league. This gives an X and O genius like Thibodeau tremendous flexibility, which has been on full display all season. Theres a reason the Bulls have been like the Roman Army and have continued to win after Boozer and Noah went down.

Rose? lets see if he can shoot over 40% in a series vs. Rondo, because I don't buy your statement that Rondo is no match for Rose. In fact, I think Rondo would out play rose in a 7 game series in 3 areas: 1.) Defense, 2.) Controlling the flow of the game, 3.) rebounding.

The perception of Rondos defense is greatly tainted by the fact tha he gambles a lot on defense. Rose, as a rookie, was able to get the best of Rondo several times two years ago. Rose is THAT much better now. The conversation of whether Rose is better than Rondo is now defunct. Even Celtics fans have conceded that one. As a matter of fact, its really no longer a question about who the best PG in the league is. Rose has become an elite player and has transcended all of that.

In any case, you're left with Luo Deng vs. Pierce, Allen, or Green defending him, all highly capable perimeter defenders.
Actually, Deng is a better individual defender than any of those guys. If youre talking about defense, the Bulls have more quality individual defenders.

Defensively? I want to know how they stop both Garnett and Shaq in the half court. Noah on one guy, whose on the other?

Once again, the Bulls have amassed stellar defensive numbers in spite of losing Noah for a significant portion of the season. The reason is that the Bulls are 3 deep at center. Meanwhile, the Celtics have pinned their hopes on Shaq who can play 20 minutes a game.

How do you stop Paul Pierce in the post... Luo Deng???

Deng is better than you think.

Yeah, Bulls have great defense in the regular season, lets see what happens when Boston forces double teams in the post on either Garnett, Shaq, Pierce, or a penetrating Rondo and rotate the ball to the best 3 point shooter in the NBA.

The Celtics are old and the Bulls are young. The Bulls have more young players who can get to the basket with greater frequency. The Bulls also have more depth at center. Just so you know, the Bulls can give 28 fouls and still end up with two quality post players on the floor. This is huge against someone like Shaq who cant make free throws. And when Shaq is lumbering down the court, Asik and Noah are running circles around him. As a matter of fact, the Bulls are one of the few teams with the roster flexibility to matchup with the Lakers bigs.

We'll see I guess, personally? I don't think it goes 7, maybe 6 with the Bulls home court energy.

I think you give Boston too much respect. The Bulls gave them all they could handle 2 years ago when they were 41-41 as an 8 seed and the Celtics were a 1 seed. Now that the Bulls have more ammunition, it could be even more bloody.

Willynowei
04-03-2011, 08:59 PM
The interesting thing about this is that Taj, at times, is better than Boozer. Taj has a little more athleticism and is a much better defender. When Boozer was injured recently, the Bulls defense was on lockdown. Since Boozer has come back, its been a little less stellar. As I said, the Bulls have depth at the post positions. The Bulls are 3 deep at center and 2 deep at PF. And 2 of the Bulls Cs can run the floor as well as any center in the league. This gives an X and O genius like Thibodeau tremendous flexibility, which has been on full display all season. Theres a reason the Bulls have been like the Roman Army and have continued to win after Boozer and Noah went down.

The perception of Rondos defense is greatly tainted by the fact tha he gambles a lot on defense. Rose, as a rookie, was able to get the best of Rondo several times two years ago. Rose is THAT much better now. The conversation of whether Rose is better than Rondo is now defunct. Even Celtics fans have conceded that one. As a matter of fact, its really no longer a question about who the best PG in the league is. Rose has become an elite player and has transcended all of that.

Actually, Deng is a better individual defender than any of those guys. If youre talking about defense, the Bulls have more quality individual defenders.

Once again, the Bulls have amassed stellar defensive numbers in spite of losing Noah for a significant portion of the season. The reason is that the Bulls are 3 deep at center. Meanwhile, the Celtics have pinned their hopes on Shaq who can play 20 minutes a game.

The Celtics are old and the Bulls are young. The Bulls have more young players who can get to the basket with greater frequency. The Bulls also have more depth at center. Just so you know, the Bulls can give 28 fouls and still end up with two quality post players on the floor. This is huge against someone like Shaq who cant make free throws. And when Shaq is lumbering down the court, Asik and Noah are running circles around him. As a matter of fact, the Bulls are one of the few teams with the roster flexibility to matchup with the Lakers bigs.

I think you give Boston too much respect. The Bulls gave them all they could handle 2 years ago when they were 41-41 as an 8 seed and the Celtics were a 1 seed. Now that the Bulls have more ammunition, it could be even more bloody.

You seem to love fast big men, transition opportunities, and depth.

Problem is, playoffs favor starting 5 with shortened rotations, and much more half court sets, those are areas where Boston is better.

I'm not saying Rondo is a better player than Rose, but he will out perform him where it matters - Point Guarding.

Rose in multiple critical games this year has made serious mistakes, whether that is taking a cross over shot when Boozer had the hot hand, or force feeding passes that turned into a turnover. Rondo is playoff proven when it comes to making the right call, thats something I haven't seen from Rose yet.

Second, Rondo defensively does gamble, doesn't mean he's not a much better man-on defender than Rose, which I believe he is. The point I'm trying to make is not Rondo will outscore Rose. But that Rondo will cut down on Rose's offensive efficiency enough that the Bulls will struggle scoring at all.

And Luo Deng a better defender than Rondo or Allen? No way, not in million years, I'll believe it when I see it.

And as for all that depth you keep talking about, won't matter enough if their starting 5 cant' match up in the half court set. When was the last time a NBA team won a championship because of "depth," "Transition play" or "youth"?

Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Heat

If you dug up those championship rosters, you'd get a lot of "old" people, very little youth.

Youth in the NBA is good for regular season MVPs.

To be too old, you'd have to be very old, like the payton/malone lakers. And they still went to the finals.

Willynowei
04-03-2011, 09:08 PM
No. Boston isn't the same team. I'm MUCH more worried about the Bulls and Heat, and even Orlando for that matter. Imo they won't be flipping any magical switch this year.

and ps the mavs aren't getting out of the first round this year, so again, no.

We will have to agree to disagree on Boston, for me, its not even close if they stay healthy.

Mavs won't get out the first round? So what, are you insinuating that LA would have trouble with Portland/Denver more than the other teams?

Think about it, in one situation you have to play OKC but only get to avoid Dallas/Portland/SA, in the other you have to play Dallas/portland but can avoid OKC. Thats the only real difference.

Oh and HCA vs. Spurs which doesn't matter because they are a jump shooting team with a 6'9 center.

Inkana7
04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey guess what Boston isn't staying healthy

OrangeSe7en
04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
You seem to love fast big men, transition opportunities, and depth.

Problem is, playoffs favor starting 5 with shortened rotations, and much more half court sets, those are areas where Boston is better.

I'm not saying Rondo is a better player than Rose, but he will out perform him where it matters - Point Guarding.

Rose in multiple critical games this year has made serious mistakes, whether that is taking a cross over shot when Boozer had the hot hand, or force feeding passes that turned into a turnover. Rondo is playoff proven when it comes to making the right call, thats something I haven't seen from Rose yet.

Second, Rondo defensively does gamble, doesn't mean he's not a much better man-on defender than Rose, which I believe he is. The point I'm trying to make is not Rondo will outscore Rose. But that Rondo will cut down on Rose's offensive efficiency enough that the Bulls will struggle scoring at all.

And Luo Deng a better defender than Rondo or Allen? No way, not in million years, I'll believe it when I see it.

And as for all that depth you keep talking about, won't matter enough if their starting 5 cant' match up in the half court set. When was the last time a NBA team won a championship because of "depth," "Transition play" or "youth"?

Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Heat

If you dug up those championship rosters, you'd get a lot of "old" people, very little youth.

Youth in the NBA is good for regular season MVPs.

To be too old, you'd have to be very old, like the payton/malone lakers. And they still went to the finals.

Actually, Im more into women with tight bodies.

RhymesayersDU
04-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Hey guess what Boston isn't staying healthy

Yeah, I don't think they can do it this year. They traded Perkins because they couldn't pay him and they could rely on Shaq. Shaq comes back tonight, plays briefly, and instantly gets hurt again.

Their lack of size will hurt. Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal aren't going to cut it.

frank123
04-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Gucci Men Hoody (http://www.gobizsale.com/product.asp?id=9726)

Welcome to visit www.gobizsale.com
Online store!Enjoy your stay!
A&F Men Hoody
Adidas Men Hoody
Affliction Men Hoody
Armani Men Hoody
Artful Dodger Men Hoody
Bape Men Hoody
Christian Audigier Men Hoody
Coogi Men Hoody
Crown Holder Men Hoody
D&G Men Hoody
Ecko Men Hoody
Ed Hardy Men Hoody
Evisu Men Hoody
G Star Men Hoody
Gucci Men Hoody
Lacoste Men Hoody
Lrg Men Hoody
Polo Men Hoody
True Religion Men Hoody
Accept Safe payment--------PAYPAL;
Dropshipping accepted;
Free shipping on everthing!
No Min Order--------you can order one product at a time;
Delivery time-------5 days to 7 days to all over the world

Rascal

oubronco
04-04-2011, 07:33 AM
http://www.duck-design.com/images/spammer_girl.jpg

RhymesayersDU
04-04-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm going to buy a lot of that stuff; luckily I just got an email saying i'm getting an inheritance from a relative in Europe. I didn't even know I had a relative, but I'm getting millions! I just have to pay a fee for processing!

Dutch
04-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Any Maners out there watching tonight's Nuggs/Thunder game? REALLLLY want the Nuggets to win this one. Could be the kind of win (on top of the LA game) that starts a roll to the end of the season, and deep into the playoffs...

spdirty
04-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Really hope Moz is OK.

spdirty
04-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Great run to end the half. I think I'm gonna grow to hate Durant the next 2-3 weeks.

Dutch
04-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Great run to end the half. I think I'm gonna grow to hate Durant the next 2-3 weeks.

Agreed.LOL

RhymesayersDU
04-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Game has been good; I ordered my playoff tickets on Saturday for game 1.pretty excited, this series should be fun.

spdirty
04-05-2011, 09:16 PM
****in Woody.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_17772397

RhymesayersDU
04-05-2011, 09:34 PM
With all the chippiness tonight, this series is going to be good.

tsiguy96
04-05-2011, 09:51 PM
****in Woody.

wasnt woody the one who called them "jagwads" or something in 96, and told them not to get off the plane?

i swear he does that **** on purpose.

AZorange1
04-05-2011, 11:59 PM
****in Woody.

Well I guess now the game in OKC is a "must win" to maintain balance. Couldn't get the game here tonight but sounds like they were shooting cold.

gunns
04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
The Jazz? THE FREAKING JAZZ?? Hilarious!

Boobs McGee
04-06-2011, 04:21 PM
ya...that one hurt a little :( So much for those best record in the NBA dreams.

worm
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
42 and 37 FG% in the last two games won't get it done. If they shoot like that when the games count...then the door is most definitely wide open in the West.

RhymesayersDU
04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice win by the Nuggies. Yet again, however, I still have an issue with these guys not closing out games. They had pushed the lead back to 9 or so with what, 3-4 minutes left, and they let the Mavs back into the game again before finally closing it out.

AZorange1
04-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Nice win by the Nuggies. Yet again, however, I still have an issue with these guys not closing out games. They had pushed the lead back to 9 or so with what, 3-4 minutes left, and they let the Mavs back into the game again before finally closing it out.

Any good team out there (and the Mavs are a good team) is gonna put it on the line and make a run late in the game. Just like we did against OKC the other night. Don't really think it's so much that we can't close as it is a quality oponent will make it tough to hang on.

Chris
04-06-2011, 10:30 PM
God my NY coworkers are giving me hell for rooting for the nuggets. I think we can take anyone.

bombay
04-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Nuggets pull it right back together after a flat loss against okc. Dallas is a big win.

lakers are in a tailspin after nuggets knocked them off. Could they fall to the third seed?

Meanwhile, back in the east, three or four teams wills finish above .500 and the rest of the dogs fight over the scraps. what a crap conference. Houston would finish about 4th there.

RhymesayersDU
04-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Any good team out there (and the Mavs are a good team) is gonna put it on the line and make a run late in the game. Just like we did against OKC the other night. Don't really think it's so much that we can't close as it is a quality oponent will make it tough to hang on.

Well that is true. When you have a guy like Dirk (Or Kobe, or whomever) who is basically automatic from the floor, your team is going to be in these games.

spdirty
04-07-2011, 07:30 AM
I just saw that OKC is now 1 game back from Dallas for that 3 seed. Would Nuggets fans rather play Dallas in the first round than OKC? I think I would. Would rather go against Dirk/Terry than Durant/Westbrook.

oubronco
04-07-2011, 07:49 AM
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ksbi_thunder_646.gif

http://thunderousintentions.com/files/2010/07/thunderstruck.jpg

bronco militia
04-07-2011, 07:54 AM
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ksbi_thunder_646.gif

http://thunderousintentions.com/files/2010/07/thunderstruck.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SpringStein
04-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I just saw that OKC is now 1 game back from Dallas for that 3 seed. Would Nuggets fans rather play Dallas in the first round than OKC? I think I would. Would rather go against Dirk/Terry than Durant/Westbrook.

No doubt - regardless of whether they play Portland or Denver I don't see Dallas getting out of the first round.

spdirty
04-07-2011, 09:04 AM
No doubt - regardless of whether they play Portland or Denver I don't see Dallas getting out of the first round.

Just second game of a back to back on the road we traveled they had 2 or 3 days off to get ready and it was almost a wire to wire win. Dallas and Dirk just doesnt put fear into me like one of the top 3 players in the game and one of the top 5 point guards in the game.

Lil crazy but if we win tomorrow it would probably guaruntee a first round matchup with OKC.

Hope like hell the playoffs look like this.

1 SA-8 Memphis
2 Lakers-7 Portland
3 OKC-6 New Orleans
4 Dallas-5 Denver

Make the Lakers play Portland and OKC the first 2 rounds.

Drunk Monkey
04-07-2011, 10:35 AM
LeBron James' mom charged in Fla hotel altercation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110407/ap_on_sp_ot/us_lebron_s_mom_arrested

Who was she banging at the hotel? Bosh or Wade?

oubronco
04-07-2011, 10:48 AM
LeBron James' mom charged in Fla hotel altercation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110407/ap_on_sp_ot/us_lebron_s_mom_arrested

Who was she banging at the hotel? Bosh or Wade?

People with money thinking they can do and treat other people however they want. These people are pathetic

OrangeSe7en
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM

bump...proudly.

TonyR
04-08-2011, 02:06 PM
THE SLEEPERS

9. Denver Nuggets
Four MAJOR karmic forces in their favor: George Karl's inspiring recovery (and "inspiring" is an understatement); the Ewing Theory (can never be discounted); a fan base that handled the Melo-Drama before/during/after with as much class/enthusiasm/devotion as you could ever expect (seriously, nobody came out of the Melo saga better than Denver fans); and Danilo Gallinari's defeating post-coital depression after spending the past three years hooking up with every hot model and actress in Manhattan.

They've also captured the attention of NBA fans for two other reasons ...

A. The Nuggets finally stumbled into the high-flying, up-tempo team they always should have had: an athletic, relentless buzz saw built to run opponents off the court and take advantage of Denver's high altitude. Every player in their top nine makes complete sense for that specific purpose, especially the Felton/Lawson combo at point. It's like watching the greatest Rucker League team ever assembled; I wish they could play outdoors without nets.

B. Because of their phenomenal collection of tattoos, no team has ever been more fascinating to watch in HD -- which makes it doubly funny that they play in Denver, the one city in which people would absolutely get stoned and watch a basketball game just to marvel at tattoos in HD for 150 minutes. I'm telling you, there is MAJOR karma going on here.

Now here's where it gets sad: Unless Dallas can keep collapsing, it looks like Denver will draw Oklahoma City in Round 1, an awful matchup because it won't be able to wear down the young Zombies, and also, OKC has two legitimate crunch-time scorers and Denver has a bullpen-by-committee of "We hope one of these guys gets hot" scorers (always dicey). They now need someone who can score in crunch-time as well as Carmelo Anthony did. That's either ironic or coincidental. Either way, what a shame that Denver couldn't have played San Antonio or Dallas in Round 1. And yes, I wrote that before George Karl came out and basically admitted the same thing.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110408&sportCat=nba

Bronco Vixen
04-08-2011, 02:12 PM

That would be phenomenal. I want no part of "kev" these playoffs.

Kaylore
04-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't mind losing to OKC so they can take the third seed letting the Mavs and their lesbian of a star give the Nuggets their first post-Melo series victory.

Chris
04-08-2011, 02:58 PM
I think the Nuggets throw the game tonight.

Bronco Vixen
04-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't mind losing to OKC so they can take the third seed letting the Mavs and their lesbian of a star give the Nuggets their first post-Melo series victory.

Hilarious. Unfortunately Martina and crew have 3 of 4 at home primarily against nonplayoff teams. I'd love to see it though.

Chris
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1028/dal_split1x_576.jpg

OABB
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM

Martina was a winner. big difference.

Bronco Vixen
04-08-2011, 04:46 PM

My money's on "her" in the cage.

OABB
04-08-2011, 04:50 PM
My money's on "her" in the cage.

She's definitely mastered the head scissors.

well, all scissor moves actually.

Bronco Vixen
04-08-2011, 11:16 PM
I think the Nuggets throw the game tonight.

Let's go with that. yikes.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Dirk bashing? For what? At least he didn't murder his friend in a car crash like little Earl Smith.

spdirty
04-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Hilarious. Unfortunately Martina and crew have 3 of 4 at home primarily against nonplayoff teams. I'd love to see it though.

they have phoenix, at houston, and new orleans. They should lose 1 of those.

Big hope is can OKC beat the Lakers in LA tomorrow? They do that, and we might be golden. :)

Karenin
04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Dirk bashing? For what? At least he didn't murder his friend in a car crash like little Earl Smith.

Aww that's cute, the bitter little Mavs fan is upset. But I don't think you quite understand what the word "murder" means. Let me give you an example: Dirk Nowitzki's grandparents helped to murder thousands of Jews and other innocent people.

Comprende?

Drunk Monkey
04-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Aww that's cute, the bitter little Mavs fan is upset. But I don't think you quite understand what the word "murder" means. Let me give you an example: Dirk Nowitzki's grandparents helped to murder thousands of Jews and other innocent people.

Comprende?

Is that documented somewhere or are you just assuming all Germans are Nazi's?

Karenin
04-09-2011, 11:43 AM
It's been documented about as much as JR Smith's "murder." Do you see what I did there?

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Lol Karen

Bronco Vixen
04-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Good lord, now we can't even have a little fun mocking Dirk? We lost our "star" after an insufferable eon of trade negotiations, have been playing well enough to get everybody's hopes up, only to likely lose in the first round of the playoffs to the mighty Durant and crew. Give us something man!

randomtask
04-09-2011, 08:51 PM
So, Ty Lawson had a pretty good game. 10/11 from 3-point range.

tsiguy96
04-09-2011, 08:53 PM
So, Ty Lawson had a pretty good game. 10/11 from 3-point range.

nba record, 10 consecutive. his only miss was a desperation attempt at the end of the 3rd, just dirty.

Bronco Vixen
04-09-2011, 09:01 PM
nba record, 10 consecutive. his only miss was a desperation attempt at the end of the 3rd, just dirty.

I was so hoping he'd break it! He's just killing it tonight!! So fun to watch!

bombay
04-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Its just that dallas sucks so hard everyone hopes we somehow get them. Who gives a crap about nowitski.

Bronco Vixen
04-09-2011, 10:17 PM
OK, 130 is pretty ****ing awesome. The top scoring NBA team. Not so awesome: our roster is a triage unit right now!
Chandler, Afflalo, Mozgov, Andersen and now Gallinari!

Someone tell me these injuries aren't going to be around during the playoffs.

Karenin
04-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Lol Karen

Yea, didn't think so.

Next.

epicSocialism4tw
04-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Good lord, now we can't even have a little fun mocking Dirk? We lost our "star" after an insufferable eon of trade negotiations, have been playing well enough to get everybody's hopes up, only to likely lose in the first round of the playoffs to the mighty Durant and crew. Give us something man!

Your team is better then they were with Anthony. There's not a player on the team near Dirk's level, but there are so many good young players trying to make names for themselves that they can be dangerous on any given night. As a whole, there are more talented players on that Denver team then there are in Dallas. Dallas has Dirk and that gives them a little more, but not much.

epicSocialism4tw
04-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Yea, didn't think so.

Next.

Not really.

Next.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Your team is better then they were with Anthony. There's not a player on the team near Dirk's level, but there are so many good young players trying to make names for themselves that they can be dangerous on any given night. As a whole, there are more talented players on that Denver team then there are in Dallas. Dallas has Dirk and that gives them a little more, but not much.

I'm interested in seeing how Denver's game translates to playoff-style basketball, though. The importance of having a single superstar to help carry a team is important. Who's that guy for the Nuggets? For all his flaws, Melo could get you a bucket when you needed it. Is it JR Smith now? Attempts to pick off the passing lanes and slow defensive rotations hurt more in the playoffs than they do right now. And I understand Karl's excitement, but teams that make big moves at the deadline rarely go far in the playoffs. This isn't ripping the Nuggets, just saying that excitement should be curbed a bit, even against a team like Dallas.

Gutless Drunk
04-10-2011, 09:47 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rankc8FgUVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray Finkle
04-10-2011, 09:59 AM
OK, 130 is pretty ****ing awesome. The top scoring NBA team. Not so awesome: our roster is a triage unit right now!
Chandler, Afflalo, Mozgov, Andersen and now Gallinari!

Someone tell me these injuries aren't going to be around during the playoffs.

Gallo and Chandler are always getting hurt. I did like them though when they were on the Knicks....

Bronco Vixen
04-10-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm interested in seeing how Denver's game translates to playoff-style basketball, though. The importance of having a single superstar to help carry a team is important. Who's that guy for the Nuggets? For all his flaws, Melo could get you a bucket when you needed it. Is it JR Smith now? Attempts to pick off the passing lanes and slow defensive rotations hurt more in the playoffs than they do right now. And I understand Karl's excitement, but teams that make big moves at the deadline rarely go far in the playoffs. This isn't ripping the Nuggets, just saying that excitement should be curbed a bit, even against a team like Dallas.

Yes, yikes, yes and no question.

All great points and why as a realist I fear we won't see round dos.
That being said, they are really fun to watch and much easier to cheer for!

THE719!
04-10-2011, 11:23 AM
we will lose to the thunder in 6 games... in the off season we will lose JR he will want more playing time, felton does not want to be here we will re sign Nene for who knows why and we wont re sign Martin since he will prob want a big pay day

OrangeSe7en
04-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Yes, yikes, yes and no question.

All great points and why as a realist I fear we won't see round dos.
That being said, they are really fun to watch and much easier to cheer for!

A lot of this talk about the playoffs being more about the half court game is based on precedent that doesnt necessarily apply to the Nuggets. Teams shorten their bench because they dont rely on depth the way the Nuggets do. Just because most teams are like this, that doesnt mean that the Nuggets still cant push tempo. If the Nuggets PGs push the ball up court, theyre still forcing the other defense to get back. This is both taxing and can force the other team to accumulate fouls. So, its not a certainty that the Nuggets cant push tempo. The Nuggets biggest problem is a potential matchup against OKC. There are only 2 or 3 PGs in the league that can consistently play at the speed of Felton and Lawson and OKC happens to have one of them. Over a 7 game series Felton and Lawson might be able to wear Westbrook down but thats not a certainty.

Bronco Vixen
04-10-2011, 11:39 AM
we will lose to the thunder in 6 games... in the off season we will lose JR he will want more playing time, felton does not want to be here we will re sign Nene for who knows why and we wont re sign Martin since he will prob want a big pay day

JR: tears not being shed
Felton: are we absolutely sure of this? Ugh.
Nene: eh
Martin: despite my love for the unintentional comedic splendor that is Kenyon, it's probably time for him to go

Bronco Vixen
04-10-2011, 11:41 AM
A lot of this talk about the playoffs being more about the half court game is based on precedent that doesnt necessarily apply to the Nuggets. Teams shorten their bench because they dont rely on depth the way the Nuggets do. Just because most teams are like this, that doesnt mean that the Nuggets still cant push tempo. If the Nuggets PGs push the ball up court, theyre still forcing the other defense to get back. This is both taxing and can force the other team to accumulate fouls. So, its not a certainty that the Nuggets cant push tempo. The Nuggets biggest problem is a potential matchup against OKC. There are only 2 or 3 PGs in the league that can consistently play at the speed of Felton and Lawson and OKC happens to have one of them. Over a 7 game series Felton and Lawson might be able to wear Westbrook down but thats not a certainty.

Really good point. Westbrook is sick - but so is that Lawson/Felton backcourt. So using this reasoning (which I like) I guess if we somehow get past OKC, we don't have to worry until we meet the Bulls and Mr. Rose in the finals!

In the immortal words of Marv "panties" Albert....YESH!!!!

OrangeSe7en
04-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Really good point. Westbrook is sick - but so is that Lawson/Felton backcourt. So using this reasoning (which I like) I guess if we somehow get past OKC, we don't have to worry until we meet the Bulls and Mr. Rose in the finals!

In the immortal words of Marv "panties" Albert....YESH!!!!

You have to realize that a lot of teams with a lot of payroll tied up in superstars, have starters that like to pace themselves. Some of them (like Jason Kidd) are old on top of that. What the Nuggets can do by pushing tempo is take players out of their comfort zones. Take the Lakers for example. You often hear about how the Lakers have a big advantage because of their length. They have 3 quality players who are around 7 ft tall in Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. What the Nuggets should hope to do is turn a game/series against the Lakers into a game/series thats about Bynum/Gasol/Odom getting back, especially Bynum. Centers have to run the full length of the floor and if you make them rush back on top of that, you can make them suffer. Thats how the Nuggets are built. If they play isolated matchups, theyre playing to the other teams strength. Not only do the Nuggets have the PGs to run the floor, they have depth at the other wing positions in Afflalo, Smith, Gallinari, and Chandler. All of those guys can finish in transition.

They might risk giving up easy baskets but even thats not too bad because easy baskets can lure their opponents into playing at a faster tempo as well.

And yes, Rose is one of the other PGs who is athletic enough to turn a Nuggets strength into a weakness.

Chris
04-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Celtics look like **** right now.

epicSocialism4tw
04-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Well, yeah, but these are Nuggets fans and they've just been freed of a curse of sorts in getting rid of that selfish clown Anthony. Things are looking better than they expected. They just probably shouldnt expect to be better than the team they play in the first round. Especially since both Dallas and OKC are trying to lose their way into the 4th seed so they dont have to play LA in the second round.

HAT
04-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Especially since both Dallas and OKC are trying to lose their way into the 4th seed so they dont have to play LA in the second round.

Say what? Both Dallas and OKC can still pass the Lakers for the #2 seed.

Karenin
04-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, yeah, but these are Nuggets fans and they've just been freed of a curse of sorts in getting rid of that selfish clown Anthony. Things are looking better than they expected. They just probably shouldnt expect to be better than the team they play in the first round. Especially since both Dallas and OKC are trying to lose their way into the 4th seed so they dont have to play LA in the second round.

lol, keep telling yourself that.

THE719!
04-10-2011, 08:51 PM
JR: tears not being shed
Felton: are we absolutely sure of this? Ugh.
Nene: eh
Martin: despite my love for the unintentional comedic splendor that is Kenyon, it's probably time for him to go

see I agree with you if yoiu put a gun to my head and say pick one to re sign it would be felton

AZorange1
04-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Nuggets need the big guys back and healthy for the first round. Rebounding success is suffering now, espec. against OKC. I seriousley believe that the Nuggets will have less problem with the Lakers, Dallas, etc. than they will against OKC. OKC believes now that they will dominate.

epicSocialism4tw
04-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Nuggets need the big guys back and healthy for the first round. Rebounding success is suffering now, espec. against OKC. I seriousley believe that the Nuggets will have less problem with the Lakers, Dallas, etc. than they will against OKC. OKC believes now that they will dominate.

The Lakers will have very little problem with anybody.

SoCalBronco
04-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Sweet. 5 in a row.

spdirty
04-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Good job OKC. Need Houston to pull one out tomorrow.

Boobs McGee
04-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Holy **** lakers, can you TRY to make an effort down the stretch? Ffs

HAT
04-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Sweet. 5 in a row.

I'm not too sure I'd be happy about this if I were a Laker hater.

Once they lost to Denver and pretty much lost any chance of catching SA and Chicago....They went into cruise control is all. The games since Denver have been meaningless exhibitions.

If I were a Laker hater I'd have preferred they maintained that torrid post all star pace right up until the end of the season with the hope that they'd be worn out mentally and physically and some team could catch them by surprise.

AZorange1
04-10-2011, 11:31 PM

We'll just have to do the "wait and see" thing if they can get by the Thunder to find that out.

SoCalBronco
04-10-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm not too sure I'd be happy about this if I were a Laker hater.

Once they lost to Denver and pretty much lost any chance of catching SA and Chicago....They went into cruise control is all. The games since Denver have been meaningless exhibitions.

If I were a Laker hater I'd have preferred they maintained that torrid post all star pace right up until the end of the season with the hope that they'd be worn out mentally and physically and some team could catch them by surprise.

I don't think its all cruise control. They made some runs in these games and they were trying, but they didn't get it done. I don't think its anywhere near close to being a given that they will threepeat. They still match up well with most teams in the West. I dont think SA will pose much of a threat to them even with home court in a series, although I think OKC or Denver could give them a real battle in a playoff series....and they would have a very difficult time beating Chicago 4 times in a 7 game series should both teams reach the Finals. L.A. would get frustrated offensively and Rose would eat them for lunch on the other end.

AZorange1
04-10-2011, 11:55 PM

Not to sure if you can really believe that they are still that good while on a 6-game skid right now. Championship teams don't lose 6 games in a row.

Jason in LA
04-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Lakers finished last season by losing 7 out of their last 10 games. The difference this year is that their poor finish is costing them playoff seedings. But they are still the best team in the West. Seems like they had their tune up after the all star break, and now they are just waiting around for the playoffs.

epicSocialism4tw
04-11-2011, 03:34 AM
Lakers finished last season by losing 7 out of their last 10 games. The difference this year is that their poor finish is costing them playoff seedings. But they are still the best team in the West. Seems like they had their tune up after the all star break, and now they are just waiting around for the playoffs.

As long as Bynum and Bryant are healthy, that team isnt getting knocked out.

Bynum has filled out, and he's pretty much impossible to get out of the lane. You cant double team him because Bryant will eat your lunch.

bombay
04-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I hope the Nuggets get anyone but the Zombies in the 1st round, and that includes the Lakers.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-11-2011, 04:17 PM
No Scola or Lowry for the Rockets tonight. Hasheem Thabeet has been called up.

Ouch.

RhymesayersDU
04-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Well, Nuggies reach 50 wins again, which is pretty nice. Locked into the 5th seed, so we'll see if there's a relaxed gameplan on Wednesday. A lot of time for Melvin Ely, I'm guessing.

OrangeSe7en
04-12-2011, 07:17 AM
The Lakers are a half game behind Dallas and a half a game ahead of OKC. Didn't see that coming about a week or two ago when they were closing in on SA.

Man-Goblin
04-12-2011, 07:28 AM
The Lakers are a half game behind Dallas and a half a game ahead of OKC. Didn't see that coming about a week or two ago when they were closing in on SA.

It's crazy. If I'm the Lakers I'm doing all I possibly can to avoid the 3 or 4 spots. I can't imagine either Portland or Denver being high on their list on teams they want to play in round 1, especially when they've had a Memphis/NO matchup penciled in for months.

TonyR
04-12-2011, 08:12 AM
I notice the LeBron/Heat hate has quieted down around here...

Inkana7
04-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I notice the LeBron/Heat hate has quieted down around here...

They haven't really done much of note.

They still suck, btw

SonOfLe-loLang
04-12-2011, 09:41 AM
They haven't really done much of note.

They still suck, btw

If having not "done much of note" means winning alot of games with Bron playing lights out basketball....then sure. they havent done much of note.

Inkana7
04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
If having not "done much of note" means winning alot of games with Bron playing lights out basketball....then sure. they havent done much of note.

Since their hilarious loss to the Cavaliers, outside of beating a Celtics team that just lost to the Wizards and has given up after Perkins was traded, the Heat have beaten the Wizards, Timberwolves, Nets, Bobcats and Hawks, and play the Raptors tonight.

But they did lose to the Bucks, so I guess that's something.

Color me unimpressed, dude.

Chris
04-12-2011, 09:56 AM
I would rather play the Lakers than the Thunder.

spdirty
04-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Id be pretty pissed if we had to play the ****ing Lakers in the first round while a team like New Orleans or Memphis gets to play the Mavs.

Drunk Monkey
04-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Id be pretty pissed if we had to play the ****ing Lakers in the first round while a team like New Orleans or Memphis gets to play the Mavs.

You really think it matters? I know you kool aid drinkers think your post Anthony run is going to last but it isn't. One and done for you this year regardless of who you play. The playoffs are a different story.

HAT
04-12-2011, 10:34 AM

You better hope OKC loses their finale then because I can almost guarantee that the Lakers are going to lose out to avoid Portland now.

spdirty
04-12-2011, 12:01 PM
You really think it matters? I know you kool aid drinkers think your post Anthony run is going to last but it isn't. One and done for you this year regardless of who you play. The playoffs are a different story.

Oh piss off.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Since their hilarious loss to the Cavaliers, outside of beating a Celtics team that just lost to the Wizards and has given up after Perkins was traded, the Heat have beaten the Wizards, Timberwolves, Nets, Bobcats and Hawks, and play the Raptors tonight.

If you're in the east, do you wanna play them? I think id rather play any other eastern team and take my chances.

spdirty
04-12-2011, 12:10 PM
You better hope OKC loses their finale then because I can almost guarantee that the Lakers are going to lose out to avoid Portland now.

If the Lakers win out they get the 2 seed. They would be fools to not go and win out and to concede HCA the second round. Besides Portland is in 6th.

Inkana7
04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
If you're in the east, do you wanna play them? I think id rather play any other eastern team and take my chances.

Considering that the East is mostly garbage, yeah, but the Heat aren't anything special. I wouldn't trust a team that can't beat anyone good with any consistency to do anything come Playoffs.

Beantown Bronco
04-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Chicago scares me more than Miami does.

Flex Gunmetal
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM

It's a double edged sword. The lakers are defending back to back champs, but going into the first round the best they can hope for is winning 2 of their last 7 games. One of those wins needs to come against the spurs.
talk about playing shtty basketball at the worst time possible.

Flex Gunmetal
04-12-2011, 12:44 PM

Well chi can actually beat decent teams. Heat certainly beat up on bottom feeders.

epicSocialism4tw
04-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Well chi can actually beat decent teams. Heat certainly beat up on bottom feeders.

Chicago is excellent.

They also have a penetrating guard as their star player, who will likely be bringing an MVP award into the playoffs. Why does that matter? Because the NBA literally issues officiating edicts depending on which teams are playing. One of James/Wade will get rough treatment at times and Rose is going to have a clear path to the free throw line. They want to reinvigorate the Chicago market.

Gutless Drunk
04-12-2011, 01:04 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/britt_robson/04/12/regular.season.grades/index.html?eref=sihp

SonOfLe-loLang
04-12-2011, 01:05 PM

Not me.

OrangeSe7en
04-12-2011, 06:17 PM

It depends on what your strengths are. If you have depth in the post, where Miami is weak, things could get interesting. The Sixers and Heat could be a stealthy series becuase the Sixers can play defense and also because Collins is a better coach than Spoelstra...until the burnout at least.

Miami has really struggled against strong defesive teams that make them play offense in the half court.

HAT
04-12-2011, 06:31 PM
If the Lakers win out they get the 2 seed. They would be fools to not go and win out and to concede HCA the second round. Besides Portland is in 6th.

I know Portland is 6th. That's why I'm saying that I bet Phil doesn't want to finish in the 3 hole where they currently are. They might prefer 2 but 4 is the path of least resistance.

epicSocialism4tw
04-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I know Portland is 6th. That's why I'm saying that I bet Phil doesn't want to finish in the 3 hole where they currently are. They might prefer 2 but 4 is the path of least resistance.

Yeah, I think they'd rather play the oldies in San Antonio rather than the up-and-comers headed by the best player in the NBA in OKC or Dallas who matches up with them a little better than the Spurs do.

spdirty
04-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Look at the standings. LA has an identical amount of losses and the tiebreaker over Dallas and they are 1 game up on OKC in the loss column. If the fLakers win out they get the 2 seed.

gunns
04-12-2011, 08:57 PM

Kind of like the Lakers losing 5 in a row just when they need a prime playoff spot and two of those losses were to Golden State and the Jazz. Well I guess losing to playoff teams isn't a good protender either. LOL

oubronco
04-12-2011, 09:04 PM
You've been THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-lreeKazrrAIntrvdtLmXG6lTj_fAyxBJIdpp40ERwFY50e_y&t=1

Inkana7
04-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Kind of like the Lakers losing 5 in a row just when they need a prime playoff spot and two of those losses were to Golden State and the Jazz. Well I guess losing to playoff teams isn't a good protender either. LOL
Hey I think the Lakers suck too, it's all good.

gunns
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Hey I think the Lakers suck too, it's all good.

I just added it because of the amazing lack of Laker fans suddenly.

RhymesayersDU
04-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm calling it right now. The MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES make the playoffs this year. They won 40 games last year with one of the worst benches in NBA history. That bench is going to be improved, and the grizz will definitely win 50+ games. Unfortunately, in the west, 50 wins doesn't get you into the playoffs, but I think they'll pull it off this year.

So for some reason, I decided to go back to the first couple pages of this thread. This needs to be quoted. No 50 games, but into the playoffs for the Grizz.

Inkana7
04-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Bynum hurts his knee against the Spurs.

Natedog24
04-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Thank you Michael Jordan! As a Blazer fan I thought I would never say that, but his gift of Crash Wallace was really, really nice :)

Boobs McGee
04-13-2011, 12:39 AM
All I can say is ****. Without bynum we're ****ED :(

24champ
04-13-2011, 01:17 AM
All I can say is ****. Without bynum we're ****ED :(

Phil Jackson talked to Bynum at Halftime and Bynum said he's fine. He'll be ready for the playoffs.

Also...

http://twitter.com/#!/KevinDing

"Bynum says he will be fine and will be ready for playoff opener this weekend."

http://twitter.com/#!/basketballtalk/status/58038199620083713
Bynum walking out of building showed no limp. Said it hurt when it happened but not anymore. Still not playing Wednesday night.

MRI is tomorrow and he isn't making the trip to Sacramento, which is likely to be the last Lakers game in Sac-town. I'll always hate that Christie, Divac, Webber squad.

Jason in LA
04-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Well reports are that Bynum will be fine, but man, this dude just can't get right. Hopefully he will be at 100% and not limping through the playoffs again.

The theory of what Bynum brings is much greater than what he brings in reality. Injuries and inconsistent play has limited his value his entire career. This season has probably been his best, because outside of the first 25 games, he's been healthy all season and he's been productive for the most part. And part of the reason why the Lakers went on that run after the All Star break was because Bynum finally started producing on a very high level nearly every game.

If he is at 100%, the Lakers are the best team. I find it funny that everybody thinks that the Lakers need to avoid certain teams. Everybody needs to avoid the Lakers. I'm pretty sure that the Spurs didn't want to see the Lakers drop down to the 4 seed, and the Nugges certainly didn't want that.

Drunk Monkey
04-13-2011, 09:48 AM
I agree with Jason. The 5 game slide was not ideal by any means but come on people they won 17 out of 18 prior to that. To me it speaks of lack of focus and urgency. Both of which I am confident they can fix come this weekend. The most worrisome thing about recent developments is Bynum. We should know more soon once he has his MRI.

worm
04-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Pretty lackluster game against the Spurs by the Lake Show. It would be nice to see them play a decent game for the first time in 10 days tonight against the Anaheim Kings.

Hope they can find that sense of urgency as that moment is almost here.

spdirty
04-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Couldnt care less about the Nugs game tonight, just hope no one gets hurt. 2 other games Ill be checking the score all night on though. Tonight its Go Rockies and Go Boston Rob.

And the Lakers cannot get the 4th seed now, by virtue of their win last night. :)

spdirty
04-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Really hope now that Dallas either wins or OKC loses. Really want the Nugs to play OKC now.

Chris
04-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Why? I'd rather have them in this order

Mavs
Lakers
OKC

OKC can run with the Nuggs.

spdirty
04-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Why? I'd rather have them in this order

Mavs
Lakers
OKC

OKC can run with the Nuggs.

Because. Just ****ing because OK?

Boobs McGee
04-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone remember a situation similar to Kobe's? Has anyone been suspended for any serious amount of time for homophobic slurs during a game?

epicSocialism4tw
04-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Anyone remember a situation similar to Kobe's? Has anyone been suspended for any serious amount of time for homophobic slurs during a game?

Nobody actually heard what he said, and he's with the Lakers, so its a fair bet to say that he wont miss any time.

Man-Goblin
04-13-2011, 02:40 PM

Dan Issel got a 4 game suspension for his, "Go get another beer you Mexican piece of ****," blast, but that was from the team.

BroncoLifer
04-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Couldnt care less about the Nugs game tonight, just hope no one gets hurt. 2 other games Ill be checking the score all night on though. Tonight its Go Rockies and Go Boston Rob.

And the Lakers cannot get the 4th seed now, by virtue of their win last night. :)

Rep for the proper use of "couldn't care less" -- unlike 90% of today's society.

Drunk Monkey
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM

Missed it, what happened?

Chris
04-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Because. Just ****ing because OK?

http://legalproductivity.rocketmatter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/angry-monkey-739979.jpg

Chris
04-13-2011, 03:08 PM

He called the ref a faegler

gunns
04-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Well here comes all the Laker fans out of the woodwork, working their bravado because they finally got a win, and beat the #1 team....who played their bench. Terrifying!!!!

Boobs McGee
04-13-2011, 04:02 PM

He yelled "fracking fagghut" at the ref

Boobs McGee
04-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Well here comes all the Laker fans out of the woodwork, working their bravado because they finally got a win, and beat the #1 team....who played their bench. Terrifying!!!!

:oyvey:

come on gunns, nobody is bragging about the win. I understand its fun hating just to hate, but you're better than that

gunns
04-13-2011, 05:14 PM
:oyvey:

come on gunns, nobody is bragging about the win. I understand its fun hating just to hate, but you're better than that

Chill, it's that exactly. This thread abounds with Laker fans pounding their chest, it's fun to get a slam in every once in a while.

worm
04-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Chill, it's that exactly. This thread abounds with Laker fans pounding their chest, it's fun to get a slam in every once in a while.

I don't blame you....Jazz fans need to get their entertainment wherever they can. :sunshine:

gunns
04-13-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't blame you....Jazz fans need to get their entertainment wherever they can. :sunshine:

Sorry, wrong team. Been a Celtics fan since the end of Russells career there. I rag on the Jazz because I live in the town and would love to have a decent team to watch. Now I usually only go when they play the Celtics. And no, I do not believe the Celtics are going to make the Championship this year. I do love Laker/Celtic Championships but don't believe either will be there this year.

Drunk Monkey
04-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Holy ****, Kobe got fined 100K for that comment.

Drunk Monkey
04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
I guess all things are relative. In after tax dollars that would be about $232 for a person making 50K

DHallblows
04-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Good to know that Denver's C team is about as good as Utah's starters...

spdirty
04-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Seems like this kind of bull**** only happens to us. **** the Hornets and Rockets.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17838534:garcia:

spdirty
04-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Looks like the Thunder want that 4 seed and I dont blame em. But **** them too.

Chris
04-13-2011, 08:28 PM
It will be the Thunder.

RhymesayersDU
04-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Anybody looking for a pair of tickets to game 3? I bought them a week or two ago, thinking I'd be in town, and instead the schedule totally ****ed me and I will have just left.

Details: 2 tickets, section 124, row 20... I don't have time right now to go get the map, but it's center court, lower level. PM me if you're interested.

spdirty
04-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Oklahoma City vs. Denver
Game 1 – Sun April 17 Denver at Oklahoma City 8:30PM 9:30PM TNT
Game 2 – Wed April 20 Denver at Oklahoma City 7:00PM 8:00PM TNT
Game 3 – Sat April 23 Oklahoma City at Denver 8:00PM 10:00PM ESPN/R
Game 4 – Mon April 25 Oklahoma City at Denver 8:30PM 10:30PM TNT
Game 5 * Wed April 27 Denver at Oklahoma City TBD TBD TBD
Game 6 * Fri April 29 Oklahoma City at Denver TBD TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sun May 1 Denver at Oklahoma City TBD TBD TBD

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2011/04/13/here-is-the-nba-playoff-schedule-for-all-first-round-games/3706/

Kaylore
04-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Sucks that we drew the Thunder. I honestly think the whole enchilada will come down to the Thunder Vs. the Bulls. OKC don't get enough play nationally, but they are a fast, well-balanced team that can hurt anybody. If we weren't so banged up I would say we could beat them, but we're too banged up.

DrFate
04-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Sucks that we drew the Thunder. I honestly think the whole enchilada will come down to the Thunder Vs. the Bulls. OKC don't get enough play nationally, but they are a fast, well-balanced team that can hurt anybody. If we weren't so banged up I would say we could beat them, but we're too banged up.

It's too early for the Bulls

You have to lose a few years before you get to the finals

It'll still be Boston or Orlando or (maybe) Miami

OKC - it could be there year

bombay
04-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Playoff time. I like Portland over Dallas (6 over 3), and give Memphis a chance against SA. Hate that the Nuggets got the Zombies in the 1st round. Worst possible matchup for them. Also hate that Houston got left out even though they have a better record than 3 Eastern teams that made it. Including the kkniccks.

Chris
04-14-2011, 02:38 PM
The Nuggets have a chance. Heal up guys.

bombay
04-14-2011, 02:47 PM
RIP Kings. This was set in motion in 2002 when the league decided Sacramento couldn't come out of the West and stole game 6 of the conference finals. It ended when Sacramento decided not to give the Maloofs a new facility.

OrangeSe7en
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Im kind of looking forward to the playoffs this year. There are a ton of storylines with a number of storied franchises compressed into one pessure cooker of a postseason. I expect there to be huge ratings too.

bombay
04-14-2011, 09:04 PM
After their most interesting year in some time, the owners will lock out the players, the game will shut down for a year, and when they finally return interest will have returned to very low levels. They may never entirely recapture the excitement generated by this postseason.

maven
04-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Heat will kick the crap out of the sixers. All you doubters will see as they head to the finals.
:sunshine:

BroncoMatt
04-15-2011, 01:14 AM
I changed my twitpic to some Nuggets Dancers. Trying to get some Nuggets Playoff Boob Mojo working!!!

RhymesayersDU
04-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Heat will kick the crap out of the sixers. All you doubters will see as they head to the finals.
:sunshine:

Wait, so is this the new standard? Beating the 76ers?

I mean come on now, I don't think even the biggest Heat hater would say the Sixers would win that series.

ohiobronco2
04-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Wait, so is this the new standard? Beating the 76ers?

I mean come on now, I don't think even the biggest Heat hater would say the Sixers would win that series.

Nothing less than a championship. That's what LeBron promised. Not 1....Not 2...Not 3....

Boobs McGee
04-15-2011, 11:06 AM
He's going to be disappointed...even if they get out of the first round (I'm hoping for a miracle..COME ON 76ers!!), they're going to have a tough time getting through boston (I honestly think they're better than boston, but in a 7 game series I don't think they have the cohesiveness needed to beat them), but there's NO WAY IN HELL they can beat either the Bulls or Magic in the conference finals.

Boobs McGee
04-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Hell, might as well start with some playoff predictions.

In the east:
1st round - bulls, magic, boston, heat
2nd round, bulls, boston
ECF - bulls

In the west:
1st round - spurs, nuggs, portland, lake show
2nd round - nuggies, lake show
WCF - Lakers

2011 World Champs... threepeat baby!

oubronco
04-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Blake like me

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2011/04/12/20110412_blake_like_me.nba/

Chris
04-15-2011, 11:49 AM
ESPN picks the Nuggets to get to the conference finals and lose to the Lakers in 5

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6360850

I appreciate a bold prediction at least...

bombay
04-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Heat out of the East, Zombies out of the West.

worm
04-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Clearly a Chi - Lakers Final....with the Lakers taking it in 6. :)

bombay
04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
I would really, really love to see the Bulls come out of the East, although it will be very tough to get past Miami.

OrangeSe7en
04-15-2011, 04:52 PM
He's going to be disappointed...even if they get out of the first round (I'm hoping for a miracle..COME ON 76ers!!), they're going to have a tough time getting through boston (I honestly think they're better than boston, but in a 7 game series I don't think they have the cohesiveness needed to beat them), but there's NO WAY IN HELL they can beat either the Bulls or Magic in the conference finals.

Yeah, the Heat struggled in the half court a lot this year. I didnt see as many of their games at the end of the season though.

maven
04-16-2011, 06:11 AM

Why do I keep reading stupid **** like this on this board.....

epicSocialism4tw
04-16-2011, 07:39 AM
We'll see a Lakers/Chicago final.

Chicago takes it all. David Stern will mandate it so.

spdirty
04-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Please dont be a Laker-Heat final. If I were forced to root for the Lakers during an NBA Final I dont know how many showers Id have to take to get that stink off.

And Id love to see the Nugs win a couple rounds and give the Lakers a run, just dont see us getting past the Thunder. Honestly think the NBA Champs will be whomever wins the OKC-Laker WCF series.

worm
04-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Please dont be a Laker-Heat final. If I were forced to root for the Lakers during an NBA Final I dont know how many showers Id have to take to get that stink off.

And Id love to see the Nugs win a couple rounds and give the Lakers a run, just dont see us getting past the Thunder. Honestly think the NBA Champs will be whomever wins the OKC-Laker WCF series.

Any other team besides the Thunder and I think Denver would go far...thats including the Lakers. I just think OKC has Denver's number.

Will be a fun series to watch. If the Nugs find a way to win this one series, it will put the cherry on top of an awesome recovery from the Melo debacle.

spdirty
04-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Any other team besides the Thunder and I think Denver would go far...thats including the Lakers. I just think OKC has Denver's number.

Will be a fun series to watch. If the Nugs find a way to win this one series, it will put the cherry on top of an awesome recovery from the Melo debacle.

I honestly think its a 5 gamer. Nugs will be in every game and the series will be much closer than it appears but just dont think we have enough healthy horses to get this thing done. Hope like hell they make me eat these words though.

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Indiana could be tough for the Bulls. They have good individual pieces and you kind of wonder why they struggled as much as they have. They have a good PG, a C who is capable, Hansbrough has emerged as an effort guy, and they also have some good players on the wings in Granger, George, and Rush. They hve a winning record since Vogel took over as coach.

Boobs McGee
04-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Collison had a great first half! Deng looked fairly non existent...second half should be fun to watch

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Collison had a great first half! Deng looked fairly non existent...second half should be fun to watch

Indiana has shot 5/8 from 3.

Derrick Rose needs to continue driving to the basket so fouls start to accumulate for Indiana.

Deng is kind of true to form. He has a lot of quiet first halves and then emerges in the second half with more offense. Another thing is that, it will be interesting to see what defensive adjustments Chicago makes at half time. Its not unusual for them to be down at half time and come out in the second half and lock down defensively. The Knicks had 55 pts in the first half recently and ended up scoring 35 total in the second half to end up with 90 with them not getting 20 points in either quarter. This is what the Bulls need now.

On the flip side, Granger hasnt even gotten it going yet.

Boobs McGee
04-16-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm definitely waiting for Indianas 3 pt shooting to cool down. Chicago looked like they kind of got the pic and roll working at the end there...

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm definitely waiting for Indianas 3 pt shooting to cool down. Chicago looked like they kind of got the pic and roll working at the end there...

You were right on Deng though. If Deng plays well, that makes a huge difference.

Now Granger has 5 in the qtr already. Make that 8.

Boobs McGee
04-16-2011, 01:37 PM
WOW what an incredible finish....indiana HAD that upset, bulls just turned it up in the last two minutes and took it over.

GREAT finish!!!

Love playoff basketball!

Boobs McGee
04-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Holy **** if the sixers would actually drive to the basket instead of settling for jumpers they might have been able to hold that lead for a while. Jump shot jump shot jump shot. Miami is playing decent d, but the sixers aren't even TRYING to go to the rim .

bombay
04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Now the big boy conference gets underway.

Go Blazers!

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2011, 06:17 PM
WOW what an incredible finish....indiana HAD that upset, bulls just turned it up in the last two minutes and took it over.

GREAT finish!!!

Love playoff basketball!

Im not sure how much people have watched the Bulls but this has been typical for them (except with fewer points) where Rose takes over at the end.

One good thing is that the Joakim Noah that we all know woke up today. Thats one guy who you don't have to worry about showing up for the playoffs.

Boozer was really disappointing, especially on defense. It would almost be better if Taj played.

Previously I mentioned the 3 pt shooting. Indiana stayed strong in the second hald and shot over 50% for the game. Chicago shot 30%. Hopefully that gap narrows in future games.

This was Indiana's A game and they were still denied by Rose.

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Now the big boy conference gets underway.

Go Blazers!

Really? Who would you say are the 4 best defensive teams in the NBA?

Three of them play in the east.

bombay
04-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Not surprising that teams that don't win much don't score much either.

I guess that's why Houston would be the 5 seed in the least.

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Not surprising that teams that don't win much don't score much either.

I guess that's why Houston would be the 5 seed in the least.

This makes no sense.

Drunk Monkey
04-17-2011, 07:17 AM
Really? Who would you say are the 4 best defensive teams in the NBA?

Three of them play in the east.

Why don't you broaden your criteria a little and leave it at best 4 teams in the NBA. 3 of them do not play in the east.

OrangeSe7en
04-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Why don't you broaden your criteria a little and leave it at best 4 teams in the NBA. 3 of them do not play in the east.

What is this based on?