PDA

View Full Version : Your Official 2010-2011 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20

Boobs McGee
06-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Too bad my two least favorite teams are in the finals, or else I'd be enjoying this alot more :(

@Rulon, tough loss, could be the series, but you guys fought hard. Really hope your defense can step up in game 4 like they did tonight, and get some better contributions from Kidd and Marion

@Maven, holy **** dude, don't go into seizure mode with pictures of your lovers.

@Dramallama, you're still the ****tiest poster on this board AND your boyfriend couldn't hit the biggest shot of his career. sooooooo clutch.

maven
06-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Mavs attempted 27 free throws tonight, Heat 15. So that excuse didn't work out too well for you...

Thanks refs for nothing...

ROFL!

Boobs McGee
06-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Mavs attempted 27 free throws tonight, Heat 15. So that excuse didn't work out too well for you...

but, but, but, they should have had MOOOOOOOAAAAR!!111!111 Stoopid refz not halpeeng enuf!

The best part is, no amount of Dirk bs charity stripe magic could win that game. Those refs were calling some garbage fouls. Lebron shoots, gets it deflected, gets it back, dribbles shots and gets contact, and they call a double dribble? Then there was that compilation of mystery loose ball fouls (3, 4 in a row on miami?). They really tried to give dallas a chance

Bob's your Information Minister
06-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I am sad.

maven
06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
In the 2-3-2 series format (since 1985), when the NBA Finals is tied 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to win the series on all 10 occasions.

That's really, REALLY good to know Bob.

:thumbs:

maven
06-05-2011, 09:03 PM
I am sad.

http://images.tvrage.com/people/49/146599.jpg

OrangeCrush2724
06-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Too bad my two least favorite teams are in the finals, or else I'd be enjoying this alot more :(

@Rulon, tough loss, could be the series, but you guys fought hard. Really hope your defense can step up in game 4 like they did tonight, and get some better contributions from Kidd and Marion

@Maven, holy **** dude, don't go into seizure mode with pictures of your lovers.

@Dramallama, you're still the ****tiest poster on this board AND your boyfriend couldn't hit the biggest shot of his career. sooooooo clutch.

Lol. If James misses that shot, he never hears the end of it.

maven
06-05-2011, 09:05 PM
In the 2-3-2 series format (since 1985), when the NBA Finals is tied 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to win the series on all 10 occasions.

I didn't know that Bob, thanks for the info

OrangeCrush2724
That's really, REALLY good to know Bob.

:thumbs:

Hilarious!

Once again, it's Dirk and scrubs. Sad story of Dirk's life. There's just too many times where he gets NO help whatsoever. None. Even with constant double teams, 34 points. Next highest scorer, 15.

11-21. +12.

Rest of team, 17-69. That's 25% folks. 25%. Way to step up, boys.

Sad that in a game Dirk played so fantastically, his teammates let him down so hard. That's probably the ring right there. Pisses me off he and Kidd won't get a ring because of bitches like Peja and JJB.

maven
06-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Hilarious!

Interesting stat don't you think OrangeCrush?

^5

maven
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
but, but, but, they should have had MOOOOOOOAAAAR!!111!111 Stoopid refz not halpeeng enuf!

The best part is, no amount of Dirk bs charity stripe magic could win that game. Those refs were calling some garbage fouls. Lebron shoots, gets it deflected, gets it back, dribbles shots and gets contact, and they call a double dribble? Then there was that compilation of mystery loose ball fouls (3, 4 in a row on miami?). They really tried to give dallas a chance

Refs tried to **** us!

Soul-Bronco
[QUOTE=Bob's your Information Minister;3196459]Once again, it's Dirk and scrubs. Sad story of Dirk's life. There's just too many times where he gets NO help whatsoever. None. Even with constant double teams, 34 points. Next highest scorer, 15.

you forgot the refs, they gave dirk plenty of help tonight

Boobs McGee
[/B][/B]

Lol. If James misses that shot, he never hears the end of it.

Exactly. But, since dirk is soooooo cluuuuuutch, and since the mavs are "playing with house money", the big german gets a hall pass. And of course epicfail will come in here spouting about how there was contact/he kept them in the game up to that point/his clutch stats are better than jordanelwaykobe/ blah blah blah....BUT, the fact remains, he couldn't do it in the most important game of his career.

Choke.

Rulon, again, I apologize to you sir, because you're actually a solid classy mavs fan, and this isn't for you.

But hot damn, seeing that big goofy overrated **** clang that game winner was the most delicious chocolate icing on an already spectacular weekend cake.

Fail.

maven
06-05-2011, 09:15 PM
http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/5fe35d792cb3bff7f61c0c6fcd26a0f0-getty-102526428db001_miami_heat_i.jpg

maven
06-05-2011, 09:16 PM
But hot damn, seeing that big goofy overrated **** clang that game winner was the most delicious chocolate icing on an already spectacular weekend cake.

Hilarious!

maven
06-05-2011, 09:18 PM
you forgot the refs, they gave dirk plenty of help tonight

Refs cannot stop us, and the Mavs cannot stop us.

^5

Punisher
06-05-2011, 09:31 PM
James hasn't showed up yet i wish people will stop comparing him to MJ the guy has done nothing yet in the finals.

maven
06-05-2011, 09:33 PM
quick thoughts about the game... I liked the tempo of the game. Wade, best player on the planet today! Bosh, clutch shot my man. LeBron, playing a lot of minutes. Settling for 3's towards the end, you need to attack. Haslem, excellent defense on Doink on the final play. You've played hard today and glad to see you back playing. Lunch Pail, did your job tonight. Chalmers? Well, you're a ****ing roller coaster. Overall, Miami just needs to keep attacking the rim.

Dallas... Well Doink chokes again lol

Stadium looks nice though.

OrangeCrush2724
06-05-2011, 09:37 PM
James hasn't showed up yet i wish people will stop comparing him to MJ the guy has done nothing yet in the finals.

He was player of the Game in Game 1. Have a nice day.

OrangeCrush2724
06-05-2011, 09:39 PM
quick thoughts about the game... I liked the tempo of the game. Wade, best player on the planet today! Bosh, clutch shot my man. LeBron, playing a lot of minutes. Settling for 3's towards the end, you need to attack. Haslem, excellent defense on Doink on the final play. You've played hard today and glad to see you back playing. Lunch Pail, did your job tonight. Chalmers? Well, you're a ****ing roller coaster. Overall, Miami just needs to keep attacking the rim.

Dallas... Well Doink chokes again lol

Stadium looks nice though.

Agree with you...but Bosh makes me pull my hair out. He passed up some open shots tonight.

maven
06-05-2011, 09:42 PM
2 down, 2 to go

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/b/b0/Larry_obrien_championship.jpg

Punisher
06-05-2011, 09:44 PM
He was player of the Game in Game 1. Have a nice day.

Toni Kukoc dropped 30 points in the finals vs the jazz one game don't matter big man Wade showed up every game his carrying the team

OrangeCrush2724
06-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Toni Kukoc dropped 30 points in the finals vs the jazz one game don't matter big man Wade showed up every game his carrying the team

I agree Wade is playing better. Glad we have both. :~ohyah!:

maven
06-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Agree with you...but Bosh makes me pull my hair out. He passed up some open shots tonight.

He played a better game on both ends today, but yes he can make you nuts and he has during The Finals.

But, you have to give it up to him for making a clutch shot, and he's made clutch shots throughout the playoffs.

He can definitely do MUCH better.

Punisher
06-05-2011, 09:48 PM

Nuff Said

maven
06-05-2011, 09:48 PM

at the end of the day OrangeCrush2724, it's all about the chip. Two to go!

:yayaya:

maven
06-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Sleep good tonight Heat fans! Sleep good!

maven
06-05-2011, 10:24 PM
You still have some hope Dallas. In order to win The Finals, the Mavs will now have to:

beat Miami 3 straight to win in 6

or

drop one and win Game 7 in Miami

maven
06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I like our chances

http://www.bettingsportsreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Miami-Heat-Big-Three.jpg

Missouribronc
06-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Are you their personal **** toy?

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-05-2011, 10:45 PM
A missed shot at the buzzer is not a choke job. I know everyone likes to foam at the mouth for such an occasion, but get off that.

Thought Dirk came on too late. Terry, the mental midget, showed up again tonight. Could have used Haywood's presence; Mahimni was often behind and out of position on hia rotations. Peja is still worthless. Might be time to just put that piece to bed. Barea is a tick behind in his decision making when driving. Could have used more Stevenson. Though he's short on post moves, I'd like to see the ball dumped in to Chandler more. Marion has up and down games on those garbage shots he takes. Tonight was a down, obviously.

Wade was badass. James is clearly Player B on that squad. Chalmers hurt the Mavs tonight. Could have done without that. Defense is impressive in person. Mavs have ability to pick through defensive sets with crisp passes but there is little chance for error with swift, athletic closeouts. Heat relax at times but show enough resiliency to overcome.

Still not panicking until I see what goes down Tuesday night. That 11-0 stat is too small of a sample size, even Spoelstra and Haslem agree. Id temper putting too much stock into that.

I still lament that Butler knee injury. He would have been massive in this series if he was healthy. Ugh.

maven
06-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Oh and one last thing, getting the whole crowd to wear blue failed, the crowd was filled with white, reds, purple, black, and such.

AAA> AAC

Have a nice night Dallas fans.

06-05-2011, 10:49 PM
It's not happening. We're lucky it's not 3-0 at this point.

Terry, Barea, Peja...they're all worthless scabs. And Rick's obsession with limiting Kidd's minutes is not helping.

The trend in this series:

1. Wade dominates.
2. Dirk plays really well
3. Lebron plays OK
4. Heat bench does just enough
4. Mavs bench is pathetic

I see no reason any of that is changing. Wade is going to have to turn in a real clunker of a game for the Mavs to win or something.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-05-2011, 10:54 PM
The AAC was loud as **** tonight, Maven. You don't know what you're talking about.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-05-2011, 10:57 PM
What, Bob? You have to see what transpires Tuesday night before reaching for the panic button. Cmon now. There's no need to hang it up on these guys after all they've been through to get to this point. They're quite resilient.

strafen
06-05-2011, 11:03 PM
The AAC was loud as **** tonight, Maven. You don't know what you're talking about.I agree. I was listening to the game on the radio, as I've had some stuff going on this evening, and I could tell the place was rocking tonite!

06-05-2011, 11:04 PM
What, Bob? You have to see what transpires Tuesday night before reaching for the panic button. Cmon now. There's no need to hang it up on these guys after all they've been through to get to this point. They're quite resilient.

I've seen enough. We're fighting a beast with one arm.

maven
06-05-2011, 11:09 PM
I've seen enough. We're fighting a beast with one arm.

You are finally seeing the light Bob.

Boobs McGee
06-05-2011, 11:09 PM
A missed shot at the buzzer is not a choke job. I know everyone likes to foam at the mouth for such an occasion, but get off that.

Thought Dirk came on too late. Terry, the mental midget, showed up again tonight. Could have used Haywood's presence; Mahimni was often behind and out of position on hia rotations. Peja is still worthless. Might be time to just put that piece to bed. Barea is a tick behind in his decision making when driving. Could have used more Stevenson. Though he's short on post moves, I'd like to see the ball dumped in to Chandler more. Marion has up and down games on those garbage shots he takes. Tonight was a down, obviously.

Wade was badass. James is clearly Player B on that squad. Chalmers hurt the Mavs tonight. Could have done without that. Defense is impressive in person. Mavs have ability to pick through defensive sets with crisp passes but there is little chance for error with swift, athletic closeouts. Heat relax at times but show enough resiliency to overcome.

Still not panicking until I see what goes down Tuesday night. That 11-0 stat is too small of a sample size, even Spoelstra and Haslem agree. Id temper putting too much stock into that.

I still lament that Butler knee injury. He would have been massive in this series if he was healthy. Ugh.

Agree with everything except your first paragraph. When the llaama goes on and on AND ON and on(and on) about dirk's clutchness, there's no way in hell anyone's getting off of it. Hell, I'm surprised he didn't just close his eyes and throw up a turn around half courter after the way meltdown alley has been talking him up.

Carry on.

Oh, and way to jump off the bandwagon at the first sign of defeat blob. That KC blood's pretty thick eh?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Its hilarious how much the conversation/rhetoric shifts from game to game in this thread in the form of absolute opinions as if they were facts. James plays great in the ECF, he's jordan. He has a couple of mediocre games in the finals, Dwayne Wade carried him all season and he's the best evah. Dallas supporting cast plays poorly? Its dirk and a bunch of scrubs.

So laughable.

maven
06-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Its hilarious how much the conversation/rhetoric shifts from game to game in this thread in the form of absolute opinions as if they were facts. James plays great in the ECF, he's jordan. He has a couple of mediocre games in the finals, Dwayne Wade carried him all season and he's the best evah. Dallas supporting cast plays poorly? Its dirk and a bunch of scrubs.

So laughable.

Heat in 5, Heat in 6, Heat in 7?

maven
06-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Oh, and way to jump off the bandwagon at the first sign of defeat blob. That KC blood's pretty thick eh?

He's not jumping off the bandwagon. He sees it with his own eyes.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Heat in 5, Heat in 6, Heat in 7?

5 or 6 i think. I figured if the series had to go back to miami (a certainty now), i dont see dallas wining it.

maven
06-05-2011, 11:20 PM
5 or 6 i think. I figured if the series had to go back to miami (a certainty now), i dont see dallas wining it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3576538/lauren-dance.gif

TonyR
06-06-2011, 06:46 AM
We're lucky it's not 3-0 at this point.

Very fortunate, yes. This series should be all but over right now.

TonyR
06-06-2011, 06:49 AM
When the llaama goes on and on AND ON and on(and on) about dirk's clutchness, there's no way in hell anyone's getting off of it.

Yup. Dirk's a great player but some of these Mavs fans are getting a little carried away. They're awfully quiet right now...

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Yup. Dirk's a great player but some of these Mavs fans are getting a little carried away. They're awfully quiet right now...

What are you talking about? Quiet how?

TonyR
06-06-2011, 06:55 AM
What are you talking about? Quiet how?

Sorry, not you. And even Bob is here. But that Dirk drooler epicfaildramaskillet is nowhere to be found. I should have been more specific.

Jason in LA
06-06-2011, 09:43 AM
This is shaping out to be a Heat win. Like the Lakers last year, the Heat took a boat load of pressure off of themselves by winning Game 3. If they win either of the next two games it's a wrap. I'm not feeling too good about the Mavs, seeing that they needed a frantic comeback to win the a game, and playing at home they trailed pretty much the entire game. Through three games the Heat have clearly been better. Mostly on the defensive side. The Heat's offense isn't anything special, but they're winning with their defense. Outside of Dirk, the Mavs are shooting the ball poorly. Like the Spurs, Pistons, Celtics and Lakers (went the felt like it), defense wins championships. Funny that people go nuts over Jordan's ability to score, but the Bulls won titles while only scoring in the 90s in many games. Their defense won those titles.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
The Heat are playing some damn fine defense, but it's not like the Mavs are chopped liver out there. Miami obviously creates some mismatches with their personnel, but Dallas has held their own on that end. They could fare better in protecting the rim and there's nothing you can do about those baskets created by turnovers. Defending the PnR and in half-court sets, the Mavs have done well. They're also a very good defensive team in doing what they can to minimize the positional disadvantages before them.

bronco militia
06-06-2011, 10:30 AM
The Game 3 winner in a 1-all Finals has gone on to win the championship 11 times out of 11 since the NBA introduced its 2-3-2 format in 1985.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
The Game 3 winner in a 1-all Finals has gone on to win the championship 11 times out of 11 since the NBA introduced its 2-3-2 format in 1985.

Phil Jackson has never been swept in a playoff series.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2011, 11:14 AM
This is shaping out to be a Heat win. Like the Lakers last year, the Heat took a boat load of pressure off of themselves by winning Game 3. If they win either of the next two games it's a wrap. I'm not feeling too good about the Mavs, seeing that they needed a frantic comeback to win the a game, and playing at home they trailed pretty much the entire game. Through three games the Heat have clearly been better. Mostly on the defensive side. The Heat's offense isn't anything special, but they're winning with their defense. Outside of Dirk, the Mavs are shooting the ball poorly. Like the Spurs, Pistons, Celtics and Lakers (went the felt like it), defense wins championships. Funny that people go nuts over Jordan's ability to score, but the Bulls won titles while only scoring in the 90s in many games. They're defense won those titles.

Yeah, humans tend to do things like this...the further we move from that time period, the more god-like champions become. People speak of Jordan as if he never missed shots, as if the bulls never lost games, as if they never made mistakes.

TonyR
06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah, humans tend to do things like this...the further we move from that time period, the more god-like champions become. People speak of Jordan as if he never missed shots, as if the bulls never lost games, as if they never made mistakes.

Yes, but since the post was talking about defense winning championships it's probably worth noting that Jordan was a great defensive player.

RhymesayersDU
06-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Yes, but since the post was talking about defense winning championships it's probably worth noting that Jordan was a great defensive player.

He was first-team all defense a number of times, wasn't he? I should just google that, but oh well.

maven
06-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I do not have the exact stats, but Miami has been leading/game tied roughly 95% of this series. The Mavs cannot continue to keep playing come from behind basketball. You cannot expect to win a series like this.

maven
06-06-2011, 11:38 AM

Yes, an excellent defender. I wanna say though Jordan tailed off towards the end of his career though on defense(not counting wizard years, because nobody does).

He was first-team all defense a number of times, wasn't he? I should just google that, but oh well.

I do not put much stock though into all-nba, all-defensive teams. No f'n way Kobe deserved to win 1st team all-nba, and 1st team all-defense this past year. F'n joke

OrangeCrush2724
06-06-2011, 01:03 PM
The Heat are playing some damn fine defense, but it's not like the Mavs are chopped liver out there. Miami obviously creates some mismatches with their personnel, but Dallas has held their own on that end. They could fare better in protecting the rim and there's nothing you can do about those baskets created by turnovers. Defending the PnR and in half-court sets, the Mavs have done well. They're also a very good defensive team in doing what they can to minimize the positional disadvantages before them.

I chuckled when all the insights from the posters (drama and others) were only about what the mavs can do. They ignored what the Miami defense can do.

James has not played offensively. However, he had 4 assists in the 4th quarter last night (one of them being the game winner). Also held Terry to 0 for 4 in the forth quarter. There is more to than just scoring points.

epicSocialism4tw
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Dallas is playing uncharacteristically, but I think that their best is yet to come. Too many turnovers.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 01:27 PM
The way Jason Terry has been going, he likely would have shot 0-4 in the 4th with no one on him.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 01:29 PM
DALLAS -- The fake storyline is that Dallas is dead, because all 11 times we've had a 1-1 series in the 2-3-2 format, the Game 3 winner has gone on to win the series.

Welcome to the world of small sample sizes and arbitrary end points. Given that last year the team that lost Game 3 in this situation was the same club that had a 13-point lead in the second half of Game 7, you'd think we'd be describing Miami's situation in less ironclad terms.

The red herring in this stat is "since the switch to the 2-3-2 format," which is an irrelevant distinction; either way, each side has two home games left after Game 3. In fact, the year before the switch to the 2-3-2, the Game 3 loser, Boston, won the series in seven games. Even better, the 1978 Bullets were down 2-1 and had three road games left thanks to a bizarre 1-2-2-1-1 format -- yet won the title.

Of course, other teams were down 2-0 in the Finals, then 2-1 after Game 3, yet went on to win. The 2006 Heat, 1977 Blazers and 1969 Celtics all qualify; the 2005 Pistons, like the 2010 Celtics, led Game 7 in the second half before falling short.

Instead, let's take a step back and look at the big picture. We have many more series to look at than just our small sample of NBA Finals, and in those, a 2-1 lead is helpful but by no means ironclad. The Game 3 winner of what was a 1-1 series has won just more than three-quarters of those matchups, a 76.4 percent success rate. Memphis, for instance, led Oklahoma City 2-1 in the second round after an overtime win in Game 3 but lost the series. More famously, Cleveland had a similar advantage on Boston last year before imploding in the final three games.

There's no reason to think this series should be a glaring exception, because it's a close 2-1. Through three games, Miami has outscored Dallas by a total of eight points. Factor in the Heat's extra home game, and the true difference is smaller still. This also corresponds to the small difference between these teams in the regular season -- although Miami had a superior scoring margin during the season, the Heat finished with only one more win.

The Heat and Mavericks are both somewhat flawed but relatively evenly matched. For all the talk we heard all season about superteams loading up and leaving the masses in their dust, whoever wins the title this season will have slipped through a crack between the Lakers' dynasty and whatever comes next. It's only the fifth Finals in the past 33 years with neither a 60-win team nor a No. 1 seed.

But here's the other reason to think Dallas still has a shot: It has more cards left to play than the Heat do.

As star-studded as Miami's roster is, its potential adjustments are relatively limited -- especially if the Heat continue to insist on benching James Jones, who I would argue is a superior alternative to Juwan Howard for the short minutes at the end of the first and third quarters. Otherwise, Miami's main tactical options are "close big" (with Mike Miller and Wade in the backcourt) or "close small" (with Mario Chalmers joining Wade).

Dallas, on the other hand, is deep, and with depth comes options. The Mavs have lined up several different ways throughout the season and could shake things up again for Game 4. In particular, two adjustments could make a lot of sense for the Mavs as they try to claw their way back into the series on Tuesday:

1. Start Jason Terry

This is the nuclear option, and I'm not sure the Mavs are willing to go here yet, because they would have to change virtually everything about their rotation to accommodate this switch.

Nonetheless, it's compelling. As Bill Simmons and I discussed in our pre-Finals podcast, this is the only option sitting on the table for Mavs coach Rick Carlisle that could radically shake up the series, and at this point, a radical shake-up doesn't seem like a bad idea. As I projected before the series, the start of halves has been a problem for Dallas -- DeShawn Stevenson, normally the first starter to check out, has a plus/minus of minus-17 in the three games.

Meanwhile, this look would address a pair of usage imbalances. First, Dallas' best unit all playoffs long has been Jason Kidd-Terry-Shawn Marion-Dirk Nowitzki-Tyson Chandler, but that quintet typically plays together only at the end of each half. The players would get about 12 more minutes of run together if they were the starting group.

Additionally, Terry just isn't playing that many minutes, and he needs to play more. He has seen 96 minutes of court time in the three games, whereas the other key players on each side have played around 120. The drawback to playing Terry off the bench is that it reduces his overall minutes, and in a Finals series in which starters are playing 40-plus, that disparity becomes particularly glaring.

2. Shake up Dirk's minutes

This is probably the most urgent item for Game 4. Dallas' substitution pattern for Nowitzki simply isn't working. When Peja Stojakovic comes in for Nowitzki in the first and third quarters, it opens up a glaring mismatch at the 3 or the 4 because LeBron James and Chris Bosh are still in the game.

Carlisle likes to give Nowitzki his breathers early in the half, but this doesn't fly against Miami's rotation. Dallas has played only 20 minutes without Dirk in the series, but in that time the Mavs are a staggering minus-31. At that rate, Dallas would lose a 48-minute game by 74 points. Basically, the Mavs are outplaying the Heat as long as Nowitzki plays, but they're getting killed in his few minutes of rest.

This issue has as much to do with his replacement, Stojakovic, as it does Nowitzki. As good as Peja was in the first two rounds, he was subpar against Oklahoma City and has been downright awful in three Finals games.

One potential counter is to wait until Juwan Howard enters the game before bringing in Stojakovic, providing the Serb with a place to hide on defense. The less obvious move would be to use defensively talented but offensively bereft Corey Brewer in Stojakovic's place.

Another strategy might be to combine the two ideas above. By starting Terry, the Mavs could bring in Stevenson to give Nowitzki his rest and have a solid defender remain on the court. In fact, they could use Stevenson if they don't change the starting lineup just by tweaking the guard rotation to bring in Terry a couple of minutes earlier (which needs to happen anyway), then bring in a fresh Stevenson near the end of the first and third quarter in the Stojakovic spot.

At any rate, the Mavs need to shake things up a bit. They've been close but are constantly playing from behind and are likely due for a regression on defense once Bosh makes some shots.

Down 2-1 is not a death sentence despite the gory "11 straight" stat you'll hear incessantly for the next day and a half, but the pressure is certainly on Dallas heading into Game 4.

maven
06-06-2011, 01:44 PM
but the pressure is certainly on Dallas heading into Game 4.

It is. Miami secured a return trip home if needed. The pressure is all on Dallas right now.

maven
06-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Dallas is playing uncharacteristically, but I think that their best is yet to come. Too many turnovers.

Problem is, Miami can play a lot better too.

8')

maven
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
At any rate, the Mavs need to shake things up a bit.

Might as well resort to shake-ups and adjust rather then get knocked out in the next two games.

06-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Problem is, Miami can play a lot better too.

8')

About the only card Miami has to play is Bosh hitting his shots. James isn't getting off this series.

http://cdn.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs/shawn-marion-0-nba.jpg

Jason in LA
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I do not have the exact stats, but Miami has been leading/game tied roughly 95% of this series. The Mavs cannot continue to keep playing come from behind basketball. You cannot expect to win a series like this.

That's one thing that I've noticed. Miami is always playing from ahead. It's tough to win when you're always behind. In Game 3, when the Mavs came back, the Heat always answered. I believe the Mavs took the lead once in the 4th, and then the Heat took the lead right back. The game was close, but it was always the Heat up by a few points, not the other way around.

The Heat have been the better team through three games.

Jason in LA
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM

Their best better be in both Games 4 and 5. If they drop either of those games, this series is a wrap.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 02:21 PM
TOP THINGS TO KNOW:
1. In the fourth quarter, the Mavericks have only led for six seconds out of the 36 minutes played in the three games. Miami has led for more than 33 minutes of this time, which means that Dallas has been playing from behind in each of the fourth quarters.

3. LeBron James has not been very good shooting the ball in the fourth quarter in this series. James is just 3-11 from the field in the fourth quarter, including 0-5 on three-pointers. James is 0-7 in the fourth quarter from 5+ feet in this series.

*If the Heat win Game 4: No team in NBA Finals history has blown a 3-1 series lead (30-0).

*If the Mavericks win Game 4: When the NBA Finals is tied 2-2, the Game 5 winner goes on to win the series 73.1% of the time (19-7).

*Through the first three games of the NBA Finals, the Heat have outscored the Mavericks by 8 points.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it is the closest margin in the NBA Finals (through three games) since 2001. Through the first three games the Lakers had 295 points and the 76ers had 287.

*In this series, the Mavericks have committed 45 turnovers. These turnovers have led to 62 Heat points.

Miami has scored on 27 of the 45 Dallas turnovers. The Heat have gotten great looks from these turnovers as 32 of the 62 points off turnovers have come within 3 feet of the basket.

And, 11 Mavericks turnovers have led directly to layups or dunks for the Heat (7-7 on dunks, 3-4 on layups) in this series. All of these points were scored by LeBron James or Dwyane Wade.

The Heat are averaging 20.7 points off turnovers per game in this series (62/3). Dallas is averaging 14.3 points off turnovers per game in this series (43/3).

*FROM THE ELIAS SPORTS BUREAU: LeBron James has only 10 free-throw attempts over the first three games of the NBA Finals. That's his lowest total of foul shots over any three-game span of his 89-game playoff career.

*The Mavericks have not been as efficient inside 5 feet in this series as have have been all season long.
Mavericks Inside 5 Feet
2010-11 Season
FG pct RAW NUMBERS
Reg. Season 65.0
First Round 55.7
Conf. Semis 57.5
Conf. Finals 61.1
NBA Finals 51.7 30-58

FROM THE ELIAS SPORTS BUREAU: Dirk Nowitzki is shooting 50.6% from the field and 93.9% from the free-throw line in the 2011 playoffs. Only one player in NBA history has made at least half of his field-goal attempts and at least 90 percent of his free-throw attempts in a single playoff season (minimum: 100 FTA): Larry Bird in 1986 (51.7% field-goal percentage and 92.7% free-throw percentage).

06-06-2011, 02:21 PM
That's one thing that I've noticed. Miami is always playing from ahead.

The Mavs had leads in the third quarter in games 1 and 2. As much as 7 or 8 points.

maven
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
About the only card Miami has to play is Bosh hitting his shots. James isn't getting off this series.

You have to give credit to Marion, he's playing good ball on both ends. Keep shooting that 3ball though. LBJ, in this series, is facilitating the offense and playing heavy minutes. Which, IMO, is why he's settling for 3's in this series rather than attacking. Got to grind it out even more King James and continue to attack the rim, get to the foul line or continue to kick it to the open man.

The match up advantage in this series is Wade against whomever. He's tearing Dallas apart.

maven
06-06-2011, 02:27 PM
The Mavs had leads in the third quarter in games 1 and 2. As much as 7 or 8 points.

And the lead quickly vanishes. I think Jason mentioned the Mavs went up a point or two in game 3 in the 4th, but then Miami went on a 6-0 run and reverted back to the lead.

It has been pretty evident Bob that Miami is playing in the dominant position with Dallas having to come from behind.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 02:37 PM
And the lead quickly vanishes. I think Jason mentioned the Mavs went up a point or two in game 3 in the 4th, but then Miami went on a 6-0 run and reverted back to the lead.

It has been pretty evident Bob that Miami is playing in the dominant position with Dallas having to come from behind.

And therein (aside from trying to control Wade), lies much of the troubles for Dallas. They're not pushing the right buttons when building/maintaining leads. Last night, for example, I think the Mavs fought back to take a 59-58 lead. The Heat quickly snuffed that out and went back to work. Their scoring options make the difference. When the Mavs need to build or hold a lead, they funnel everything through Dirk. When the Heat need to do it, they have 2-3 options at their disposal. There's too much pressure on Dallas to mount these large scoreboard advantages. It's hard against any team in the playoffs, but the Finals stage makes it even more difficult.

RhymesayersDU
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
The Mavs are something like -31 with Dirk on the bench. Thought that was an interesting stat.

06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
@WallaceHeatNBA RT @Shandel_HeatNBA: Mavs are chatty today. Jason Terry on Bosh's winning shot: "Juwan Howard could've made that."

@TimReynolds Tim Reynolds
More Jason Terry: He suggested LeBron can't guard him that well in the fourth quarter for four more games.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
@WallaceHeatNBA RT @Shandel_HeatNBA: Mavs are chatty today. Jason Terry on Bosh's winning shot: "Juwan Howard could've made that."

More Jason Terry: He suggested LeBron can't guard him that well in the fourth quarter for four more games.

Jason Terry may be the NBA's biggest twat.

bronco militia
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM

:spit:

typical texans

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Terry's just egging them on.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
:spit:

typical texans

Um...Jason Terry isn't from...you know that, right?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2011, 03:19 PM

No, but he's a notorious dickhead...has been most of his career.

bronco militia
06-06-2011, 03:21 PM

get over it...all you assholes are living there :D

RhymesayersDU
06-06-2011, 03:21 PM
No, but he's a notorious dickhead...has been most of his career.

Oh come on now. What has Terry ever done to anyone?

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Oh come on now. What has Terry ever done to anyone?

He once punched Michael Finley in the balls during a game.

El Guapo
06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I love how people like to jump all over Texas. Pure jealousy I tell ya'!

maven
06-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I love how people like to jump all over Texas. Pure jealousy I tell ya'!

That's it! no

Jason in LA
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM

The Mavs 3rd quarter lead in Game 1 didn't last very long. If I'm remembering right, the Heat got out quick in that quarter, took the lead, and never looked back. They blew the game open in the 4th.

Again, if I'm remembering right, the Heat led for nearly all of Game 2, and it looked like they blew it open in the 4th before the Mavs came back.

I don't have the numbers, but it seems to me like the Heat have played from ahead for the most part.

OrangeCrush2724
06-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I love how everybody on the team basically becomes worthless (except for the star) and people still can't credit Miami's defense on this board. Terry becomes horrible, Peja can't shoot anymore, Barea mises easy layups, etc...

Kinda reminds me of the Chicago series where Noah and Boozer "magically" become horrible after a great regular season. Saying the bulls would have won if Rose had help. When in reality it was Miami's defense that shut the whole ****ing operation down.

Boobs McGee
06-06-2011, 05:32 PM
And therein (aside from trying to control Wade), lies much of the troubles for Dallas. They're not pushing the right buttons when building/maintaining leads. Last night, for example, I think the Mavs fought back to take a 59-58 lead. The Heat quickly snuffed that out and went back to work. Their scoring options make the difference. When the Mavs need to build or hold a lead, they funnel everything through Dirk. When the Heat need to do it, they have 2-3 options at their disposal. There's too much pressure on Dallas to mount these large scoreboard advantages. It's hard against any team in the playoffs, but the Finals stage makes it even more difficult.

I think your LARGEST problem is your bench. All of a sudden, you're getting about half the points from them that you've had up until this point. No one can hit threes, get the D off balance, and open up the scoring game for everybody. Miami's D is the best you've faced so far, and it shows.

If your bench can figure out a way to make some shots, this series might go the distance.

Boobs McGee
06-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Oh, and everyone, get your supplies ready. The end of the world is nigh. Drama only posted once since the loss, and it didn't even involve the words "dirk" or "clutch". (or balls, in the context of how much he loves them)

OrangeCrush2724
06-06-2011, 05:43 PM

Is that all you got? Wait, I'll post for you (one of your previous gems)...

You're not understanding his premise.

If you were observant when you watched Miami play Chicago, you noticed that the Heat just packed the lane and dared Rose to pass the ball or shoot jumpers. What the other poster is saying is that Dallas' offense is nothing like that. Dallas spaces the floor and every offensive player is a potential scorer. He's right in saying that the Mavs are the first team Miami has faced with that ability.

Dallas is the most effective offense in the NBA playoffs. The fact is that Miami has not seen an offense like this. That's what the facts are. What you are saying is just hyperbole.

Dallas tilts the floor and puts the other defense at a disadvantage. They will put Dirk and Kidd on one side of the floor, put one or two shooters on the other side, and put Chander around the basket.

Wherever the help defender comes from to cover Dirk, the Mavs will exploit the space the defender leaves. They are able to tilt the floor to give themselves favorable match ups. And if they single cover Dirk? The Heat can go ahead and get ready to be sent home in 4 or 5 games.

06-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Again, if I'm remembering right, the Heat led for nearly all of Game 2, and it looked like they blew it open in the 4th before the Mavs came back.

Game 2 Dallas led for almost 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter, that's the stretch I was remembering.

They also led almost the entire third quarter in game 1.

Jason in LA
06-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Game 2 Dallas led for almost 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter, that's the stretch I was remembering.

They also led almost the entire third quarter in game 1.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/loser.jpg, I'm not sure why you're arguing this point. Nobody is saying that the Mavs have not led at times during the series http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/34711524520bobgs2.jpg. My point, and a couple others in this thread, is that the Heat have led more often than not. I'd say much more often. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/loser.jpg, I don't see why that's so hard to figure out.

I guess we should chalk this up to http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/loser.jpg being http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/34711524520bobgs2.jpg.

OrangeCrush2724
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/loser.jpg, I'm not sure why you're arguing this point. Nobody is saying that the Mavs have not led at times during the series http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/34711524520bobgs2.jpg. My point, and a couple others in this thread, is that the Heat have led more often than not. I'd say much more often. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/loser.jpg, I don't see why that's so hard to figure out.

I guess we should chalk this up to http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/loser.jpg being http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/34711524520bobgs2.jpg.
LOL!!Hilarious!

06-06-2011, 07:01 PM
You said Miami was "always playing from ahead."

Simply not true, and paints a picture that Miami has been dominating these games.

The Mavs leading the 2nd quarter for 10 minutes reflects the reality. Miami and Dallas are evenly matched teams.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Who, around here, isn't crediting Miami's defense?

Boobs McGee
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Tyler Durden, that's who ;D (allegedly)

vancejohnson82
06-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Bob, you are being ridiculous in this thread....quit while behind

way behind....

obviously not behind a girl

Jason in LA
06-06-2011, 09:04 PM

way behind....

lol

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/34711524520bobgs2.jpg

maven
06-06-2011, 09:33 PM
You said Miami was "always playing from ahead."

Simply not true, and paints a picture that Miami has been dominating these games.

The Mavs leading the 2nd quarter for 10 minutes reflects the reality. Miami and Dallas are evenly matched teams.

Bob, he might have exaggerated, don't you think? I haven't even checked the TOP, but my eyeballs tell me Miami has been leading a lot in this series.

"Game 2 Dallas led for almost 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter, that's the stretch I was remembering.

They also led almost the entire third quarter in game 1."-Bob

Just going from what u posted, Bob.

If Dallas led 10 minutes in game 2, who lead the other 38 mins?

If Dallas led 12 minutes in game 1, who led the other 36 minutes?

maven
06-06-2011, 09:34 PM

way behind....

http://www.ohsnap.ca/img/thumbnails/oh-snap.jpg

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-06-2011, 09:35 PM
That's TOP. Three games, decided by 8 points and coming down to late 4th q play shows they may be closer than you'd like to think.

vancejohnson82
06-06-2011, 09:38 PM
That's TOP. Three games, decided by 8 points and coming down to late 4th q play shows they may be closer than you'd like to think.

Rockets played the Bulls pretty tough....so did the Blazers

I still think of Drexler and Barkely as "without rings' type players

welcome home, Dirk

epicSocialism4tw
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Rockets played the Bulls pretty tough....so did the Blazers

I still think of Drexler and Barkely as "without rings' type players

welcome home, Dirk

Dirk is superior to both of those guys, and its not even close.

maven
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Mama, there goes that man!!! Does that mean we won't have to hear that **** again?

Mark Jackson named Warriors coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6632935

vancejohnson82
06-06-2011, 09:43 PM

yeah, not even close

are you serious right now? Drexler and Barkley were both icons. Dirk is right there but it CAN be argued

maven
06-06-2011, 09:43 PM

no, they don't. Dallas is our bitch. tomorrow night is it Dallas fans. Lose, you guys are done.

maven
06-06-2011, 09:47 PM

And Wade>Dirk, what is your point?

NFLBRONCO
06-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Dallas MUST win next two games to have a chance to win title. Also their bench must do more the rest of the series.

maven
06-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Dallas MUST win next two games to have a chance to win title. Also their bench must do more the rest of the series.

A lot of must and do three games already into The Finals.

ROFL!

NFLBRONCO
06-06-2011, 09:52 PM
A lot of must and do three games already into The Finals.

ROFL!

I picked Miami in 4 before this series started

maven
06-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I picked Miami in 4 before this series started

smart man

^5

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-07-2011, 05:45 AM
A smart man is someone that picked Miami in 4?

TonyR
06-07-2011, 07:10 AM
...and its not even close.

Not even close? Particularly with respect to Barkley that's a ridiculous statement. I'd give Dirk a slight edge, mostly because of his size, but I don't think many people who understand the game would say Barkley isn't even close to Nowitzki. You're way to focused on one postseason (this one) and one aspect of the game (scoring).

Requiem
06-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Dirk still behind Sir Charles in accolades. It is close. Different times. Different play. Not the same type if player at all.

06-07-2011, 07:42 AM
And Wade>Dirk, what is your point?

Dirk has never played on a team that lost 67 games.

The Mavericks are actually beating the Heat in this series when Dirk is in the game.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Not even close? Particularly with respect to Barkley that's a ridiculous statement. I'd give Dirk a slight edge, mostly because of his size, but I don't think many people who understand the game would say Barkley isn't even close to Nowitzki. You're way to focused on one postseason (this one) and one aspect of the game (scoring).

Dirk has done it more than just this postseason, though. The funny thing is - both guys would like defer to each other if asked the question of who's better?

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Mama, there goes that man!!! Does that mean we won't have to hear that **** again?

Mark Jackson named Warriors coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6632935

That was my first question. I really, really, REALLY hope he's off TV immediately.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-07-2011, 07:55 AM
I heard Jackson is working these last games, sadly. If only someone would hire that scrub Van Gundy now.

TonyR
06-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Dirk has done it more than just this postseason, though. The funny thing is - both guys would like defer to each other if asked the question of who's better?

I agree. But do you think Dirk is so much better than Barkley that it's "not even close"? I certainly don't.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-07-2011, 08:23 AM
I agree. But do you think Dirk is so much better than Barkley that it's "not even close"? I certainly don't.

Eh, it's different times and different styles. Barkley obviously did much of his work on the rebounding and defensive end but still had that scoring edge. Dirk has a unique skillset for his size and position and isn't what you'd traditionally think of when you picture a guy getting the ball in a late-game situation. They're both great, but I've never put much stock into the "this guy is better than this guy" talk unless they had multiple interactions between each other. Historically, Dirk will get a nod because of what he provided at the PF position in being a 7-footer that operates like a SG might. That and he'll be known as one of the greatest shooters in league history. If they don't come back to win this, I'll feel for the guy because he could give two ****s about his place in NBA history. Guy just wants that title more than anything and he's busted his ass for years to get to this point.

maven
06-07-2011, 11:06 AM
That was my first question. I really, really, REALLY hope he's off TV immediately.

I heard Jackson is working these last games, sadly. If only someone would hire that scrub Van Gundy now.

Booooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Please some NBA team, just hire that **** and get him off tv as well.

maven
06-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Couple of quick blurbs about Barkley. The guy was 6'4". Damn, he maximized his potential. Great leaping ability and developed a J towards the end of his career. Very impressive.

Also, Barkley is almost always mentioned as THE GUY who didn't win the chip. Says something about him. In a positive way.

Dirk still has some years left, and The Finals isn't over yet. We will see.

maven
06-07-2011, 11:29 AM
A smart man is someone that picked Miami in 4?

He picked the Heat to win, and that is really all that counts.

maven
06-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Dirk has never played on a team that lost 67 games.

The Mavericks are actually beating the Heat in this series when Dirk is in the game.

Oh Bob, Wade was coming off of multiple surgeries and played only 51 games.

The Miami Heat are up 2-1 Bob, that is the stat the matters.

ROFL!

06-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Wade is not a better player than Dirk.

You switch Wade and Dirk the last 10 years and the Mavs don't rattle off 11 straight 50-win seasons for sure.

Jason in LA
06-07-2011, 11:54 AM
The Miami Heat are up 2-1 Bob, that is the stat the matters.

ROFL!

I'm rooting for the Mavs, but it is easy to see that the Heat are out playing them. This series could and should be 3-0 Heat. The reverse can't be said, and I'd say that even though Game 3 was close at the end, it would be hard to argue that this series could even be 2-1 Mavs.

The Mavs need to win the next two games. Close doesn't count.

maven
06-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Wade is not a better player than Dirk.

You switch Wade and Dirk the last 10 years and the Mavs don't rattle off 11 straight 50-win seasons for sure.

Wade>Dirk

You should thank your owner, Bob. He has been tremendous for Dallas.

maven
06-07-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm rooting for the Mavs, but it is easy to see that the Heat are out playing them. This series could and should be 3-0 Heat. The reverse can't be said, and I'd say that even though Game 3 was close at the end, it would be hard to argue that this series could even be 2-1 Mavs.

The Mavs need to win the next two games. Close doesn't count.

Pippen was a nice player, but lets be real, Jordan willed that guy to being a HOFer. -Jason in La

C'mon man, that is a pretty retarded statement.

Anyway, it wouldn't shock me if the Mavs dig it out tonight raining 3's and J's. When they get hot, they can bury any team. My problem with this logic/type of team is consistency.

06-07-2011, 01:02 PM
WTF?

http://twitter.com/#!/alexkennedynba

Dallas will start J.J. Barea in place of DeShawn Stevenson tonight. Also, Brian Cardinal will be ahead of Peja Stojakovic in the rotation

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Tracking that down. Not sure he's correct. Stevenson was wearing the white "starters" jersey during practice this morning and no one else has heard of him starting besides Kennedy. The Cardinal move isn't a surprise. But JJ to start means Stevenson and Terry off the bench and would hurt that depth. I think JJ and Kidd have the potential to put up good numbers together, but it also means Kidd has to chase Wade earlier in the game as opposed to making that effort only in the 4th.

06-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Maybe he's thinking he'll have Kidd chase Wade early and have Stevenson come in late. That wouldn't be a horrible idea.

06-07-2011, 04:24 PM
The lineup of Barea with starters Kidd, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki and Tyson Chandler did give the Mavericks a spark in Game 3. After Barea replaced Stevenson 91 seconds into the second half, the Mavericks went on a 15-4 over the next six minutes to tie the score.

That lineup has played together for only another eight minutes during the postseason.

maven
06-07-2011, 05:47 PM
WTF?

I've wondered if JJ pulled an arm injury and couldn't play in the finals, some dumb team like Milwaukee would have given him the max.

maven
06-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Tracking that down. Not sure he's correct. Stevenson was wearing the white "starters" jersey during practice this morning and no one else has heard of him starting besides Kennedy. The Cardinal move isn't a surprise. But JJ to start means Stevenson and Terry off the bench and would hurt that depth. I think JJ and Kidd have the potential to put up good numbers together, but it also means Kidd has to chase Wade earlier in the game as opposed to making that effort only in the 4th.

Maybe he's thinking he'll have Kidd chase Wade early and have Stevenson come in late. That wouldn't be a horrible idea.

Starting JJ would allow him to attack Bibby, who's just ****ty on defense. I wouldn't like Wade covering as well since he could wear him down. Would be an interesting move.

jsco70
06-07-2011, 06:20 PM
WTF?

Mavs are done.

maven
06-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Mavs are done.

lol

ROFL!

DomCasual
06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Please let this happen! Please!

Detroit sports fans could endure Matt Millen and Isiah Thomas in the same decade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6636897

Sources: Isiah Thomas on Pistons' list

maven
06-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Please let this happen! Please!

Detroit sports fans could endure Matt Millen and Isiah Thomas in the same decade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6636897

Sources: Isiah Thomas on Pistons' list

I read that. First thing that came to my mind was the Pistons do not care about winning lol

Hilarious!

maven
06-07-2011, 06:51 PM
It's about that time.................

maven
06-07-2011, 06:51 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zjv-zHgASfI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maven
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/image.php?u=57644&type=sigpic&dateline=1306520133

06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Haywood's playing.

06-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Dirk on FIRE BITCHES

maven
06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Dirk on FIRE b****ES

It's early Bob, Miami will whip the Mavs ass.

06-07-2011, 07:15 PM
That was the fastest 6 minutes I've ever watched.

06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Wade is 1 for 5. Hopefully he's off tonight.

maven
06-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Just need to stay with Dallas. They're playing like there's no tomorrow.

06-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Garbage call. Eat **** James.

maven
06-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Even after 1. Just stay with them Miami and u got this.

06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
James and Wade 3 for 9.

maven
06-07-2011, 07:38 PM
James and Wade 3 for 9.

James just made 3 free throws.

Hilarious!

06-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Miami has shot 9 free throws already.

Fix is in.

06-07-2011, 07:40 PM
BAREA = WORTHLESS

maven
06-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Miami has shot 9 free throws already.

Fix is in.

Hey now, Mavs fans can't complain about fouls.

maven
06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Miami up 7? No ****?

lol

06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
JJ Barea = Lin Elliot

maven
06-07-2011, 07:44 PM
JJ Barea = Lin Elliot

JJ Barea, he's a super star-Bill Simmons

Hilarious!

Doggcow
06-07-2011, 07:45 PM
James just made 3 free throws.

Hilarious!

You mean, Miami was trailing by accident so Stern phoned in to fix that?

maven
06-07-2011, 07:48 PM
You mean, Miami was trailing by accident so Stern phoned in to fix that?

Stern is in the building, he has a red button to push in his pocket, if necessary.

06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Terry came to play bitches!

06-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey Maven, is Lebron even playing tonight?

maven
06-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Hey Maven, is Lebron even playing tonight?

Quit focusing on points, Bob.

maven
06-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Good job so far Miami, just hang with Dallas for now.

maven
06-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Another block by Anthony on Dirk.

06-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Dirk is choking like a bitch in this game.

maven
06-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Brb, going to bathe and clean my sexy body

06-07-2011, 08:14 PM
We're getting outrebounded by 8, Dirk sucks ass, Barea was a disaster, and somehow it's a 2 point game.

06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Holger looks like Dirk's creepy NAMBLA ****buddy.

maven
06-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Dirk sucks ass,

Joel Anthony is a beast yo!

maven
It's funny cuz I dunno how Miami is up by 2, but we'll take it.

Dirk has a ****ing fever. Just awesome.

maven
06-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Dirk hasn't missed a ft in the finals? Don't you worry, he'll choke one at the wrong time.

maven
06-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Dirk has a ****ing fever. Just awesome.

I bet he holds a tissue at the post-game press conference if the Mavs lose.

maven
06-07-2011, 08:45 PM
oh, and thank you dallas so far for not knowing how to box the **** out. lol keep sucking at it, okay?

06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
This is so sad. Dirk can't hit anything.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM
If the cHeat win this series, it will be because the Mavs underachieved.

maven
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Miami is BOSS right now. 1Q to go!

06-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Miami smells blood in the water.

06-07-2011, 09:09 PM
This game is over.

And I'm sure Dirk won't feel any better Thursday.

FML

maven
06-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Watching LeBron Qb'n this team is beautiful.

06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
LOL, ****ing hope...**** this ****.

Doggcow
06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Watching LeBron Qb'n this team is beautiful.

I know, that jump spin ballerina act that turned the ball over, exceptional.

Noone really cares that your team has tried to buy a championship. Btw.

maven
06-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Noone really cares that your team has tried to buy a championship. Btw.

Buy a championship?

Requiem
06-07-2011, 09:18 PM
If the cHeat win this series, it will be because the Mavs underachieved.

I think the Heat underachieved. Blowing that huge lead, could have won it 4-0.

maven
06-07-2011, 09:20 PM
oh **** Wade!

NFLBRONCO
06-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Glad I'm only a casual NBA fan because more and more top teams will load roster like Miami/ Lakers and have 5 great teams tons of avg bad teams zero parity. Stern the moron got exactly what he wanted. His next move he should downsize league to upgrade quality league wide.

Requiem
06-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey, don't look now but Bob's sadness is turning the Mavericks into winners again!

06-07-2011, 09:32 PM
**** YOU WADE!

SouthStndJunkie
06-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Let's go Dallas....you have to hit some of these shots.

Requiem
06-07-2011, 09:37 PM
It's down to the wire folks, literally. Bob has taken out his razorblades.

Missouribronc
Glad I'm only a casual NBA fan because more and more top teams will load roster like Miami/ Lakers and have 5 great teams tons of avg bad teams zero parity. Stern the moron got exactly what he wanted. His next move he should downsize league to upgrade quality league wide.

And then people will complain about other teams "buying" their success. It's absurd in the NBA to accuse any team of that. There are five-six teams that do this every year and every year they make it deep. The Heat just became one of these teams this year.

AHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHJAHAHAAAAAAAA A WADE!!!!!! CHOKER!!!

Doggcow
06-07-2011, 09:38 PM
This game is intense

Requiem
06-07-2011, 09:39 PM
**** just got real!

SouthStndJunkie
06-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Dirk puts Dallas up by 3.

Doggcow
GET DIRKED IN THE A

Never ever ever doubt Dirk in the clutch.

I LOVE YOU DIRK

Requiem
06-07-2011, 09:41 PM
EpicSocialismTweet: Dirk > Jordan

Requiem
06-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Heat choke again. It's going back to Miami! LOLZ.

06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Miami is dumb for not trying a 3.

Of course their two best players suck at three pointers. Hilarious!

Missouribronc
06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Miami is dumb for not trying a 3.

Of course their two best players suck at three pointers. Hilarious!

Um, what?

Requiem
06-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Where's Maven?

oubronco
stupid play by the Mavs

Please god Terry....hit them both.

Missouribronc
06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Maven?

SouthStndJunkie
06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Boom!

The series is all tied up again.

Requiem
Maven, sleep soundly.

Doggcow
Haha, where's Maven saying that Dirk would choke?

What about Wade?

SoCalBronco
06-07-2011, 09:48 PM
There you go, Bob.

Missouribronc
Haha, where's Maven saying that Dirk would choke?

What about Wade?

Maven is a tool.

Inkana7
Fun game, man. That was great.

SoCalBronco
06-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Just so that we're all on the same page....does this mean we arent going to get a bunch of pictures of half naked black men today?

Sweet.

;D

06-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey Maven...Dwayne Wade is a huge choke artist....EAT MY ****!

strafen
06-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Wow, hell of a final this has been.
Great game!~

Boobs McGee
06-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Never ever ever doubt Dirk in the clutch.

I LOVE YOU DIRK

unless it was the most important game (game 3). Nevertheless, he did what he was supposed to do, and prolonged the series.

6-19 shooting and 3 turnovers. Not his best performance.

Kudos to marion, terry and chandler for extending things! Congrats rulon, that place was ROCKIN tonight!

06-07-2011, 09:55 PM
take dat wit chew Lebrick

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/cd/fullj.c6495ee0a69701acbf654ba4dcb1f4b8/c6495ee0a69701acbf654ba4dcb1f4b8-getty-114832969cc115_miami_heat_v.jpg

strafen
06-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Paging LeMaven! ROFL!

06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Wow, and Dirk gets it together for a press conference.

My hero.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
It shouldn't have even been close.

Mavs (especially Terry) brick shot after shot down the stretch in the 4th and still win.

Someone please locate/post GIF of D-Whistle choke job on that last play. Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Haha, where's Maven....

He's fallen off, and he can't get back up...

http://miamiheatbandwagon.com/images/mhbwlogo.jpg

06-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Lebron/Wade = chokers

Dirk = Joe Montana

06-07-2011, 10:05 PM
After Terry's comments about James, the King storms back and reacts with 8 points on 3-11 shooting.

Get that crown where it belongs dude!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Mavs just need to settle down and start making all the open shots the cHeat have been giving them this entire series. They make those shots, and Miami is toast.

06-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Awesome.

All we hear about is the Heat's defense. What about the Mavs D? They switched to playing zone defense with 7:30 left in game and Miami scored only 5 points the rest of game. And Lebron didn't score in the 4th. Dallas' D is awesome too.

06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
HEY MAVEN

SUP

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/8f/fullj.b5f18ee20e978813c7efbf4750d84c89/b5f18ee20e978813c7efbf4750d84c89-getty-114832969cc125_miami_heat_v.jpg

06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
You know, when you see Wade fumble an easy pass like that....you think that maybe, just maybe...the Mavericks are a team of destiny.

Just maybe.

:D

SoCalBronco
06-07-2011, 10:13 PM
lol....Bob is getting a second wind.

Missouribronc
06-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Bob = Tool

SoCalBronco
06-07-2011, 10:14 PM
You know, when you see Wade fumble an easy pass like that....you think that maybe, just maybe...the Mavericks are a team of destiny.

Just maybe.

:D

I dunno man...as much as I'd like to see the Heat lose the series, I'm just not getting that feeling. The Mavs have had to claw and scratch for every little thing.

Hopefully they can win Game 5 and put the heat on Miami, though.

06-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I dunno man...as much as I'd like to see the Heat lose the series, I'm just not getting that feeling. The Mavs have had to claw and scratch for every little thing.

If you don't think the Heat have been having to scratch and claw you haven't been watching this series.

For ****'s sake, Lebron hasn't done **** for two games. Miami's halfcourt offense is a joke outside of Wade.

SoCalBronco
06-07-2011, 10:23 PM
I know LeBron hasn't done anything...I'm just saying I still think Miami has a better than 50/50 shot...unfortunately.

I hope you guys win it though. If you win Game 5, I think what will happen is the Heat will win Game 6 by a healthy margin and Game 7 will be a war that could go either way. If you guys lose Game 5, its over.

I hope you guys can do it, I just think it will be a bit of a steep climb.

06-07-2011, 10:28 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhwmxqxKeZ1qhkq6oo1_r1_500.gif

06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Crapiness of the Heat bench finally rears it's ugly head.

5-18, 15 pts

06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Hahaha....take the finger, Lebrick.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b3/fullj.6fb1a92ff27f46f6ccc7bd6593ff092f/6fb1a92ff27f46f6ccc7bd6593ff092f-getty-bkn-nba-final-heat-mavericks.jpg

06-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Wade said "can't control what the ball do" on his missed free throw. LMAO

06-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Look at this bitch.

http://i54.tinypic.com/219xycx.jpg

vancejohnson82
06-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Bob,

you have absolutely no credibility left in this thread....you whined like a little girl and said the series was over after falling behind by a game and now you're back on the Mavs bandwagon

you are the WORST type of fan

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2011, 10:58 PM

The Mavs have been beating themselves with all the turnovers and missed wide-open shots.

Take away those two things and this series is probably 3-1 Dallas.

06-07-2011, 10:59 PM
MJ reacts to tonight's Lebrick game.

http://www.abload.de/img/0073_1nbe.gif

06-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Maven...you have reaped the wild wind and it's name is Bob.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2zp6nhc.jpg

06-07-2011, 11:06 PM
MAVEN U MAD?

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20110608/tnlebron-james-5.jpg

bronco militia
06-07-2011, 11:07 PM
some of these will come in handy when the chorfs lose to the broncos again

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-07-2011, 11:09 PM
If the cHeat do win, then it's looking like D-Whistle will probably be finals MVP.

Wouldn't that just chap LeHype's chicken? Ha!

06-07-2011, 11:10 PM
http://katchop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/lEbRON-CHOKE-copy.jpg

06-07-2011, 11:19 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/25jxbud.jpg

bombay
06-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Neither of these teams is exceptional in any way.

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Mavs win AND I met Von Miller at the game. AND Ronald McDonald. Great night. Sleep now.

epicSocialism4tw
06-07-2011, 11:41 PM
I can't figure out how anyone can say that LeBarn James is anywhere as good as Michael Jordan.

He's not even as good as Wade or Nowitzki.

TDmvp
06-07-2011, 11:43 PM
I can't figure out how anyone can say that LeBarn James is anywhere as good as Michael Jordan.

He's not even as good as Wade or Nowitzki.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm2plw3FEC1qjo58co1_500.jpg

Rulon Velvet Jones
06-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Neither of these teams is exceptional in any way.

Riiiiiiight. That's why they're in the Finals.