PDA

View Full Version : randy moss to vikings may happen soon

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 06:08 PM
interesting trade if it happens. i dont like favre but id love to see what he can do there.

per multiple reports on twitter, starting with bill williams, then jay glazer, boston herald reporting a trade is being discussed but is not done.

http://twitter.com/rapsheet

SportinOne
10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
this is only going to piss off packer fans and i love it.

Dagmar
10-05-2010, 06:47 PM
BREAKING: After Week 1, Randy Moss had his agent Joel Segal call Bill Belichick and ask for a trade, The Herald's Karen Guregian has learned

lol.

broncosteven
10-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Lin......

never mind...

HooptyHoops
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
I think it would rock if Moss went back to the Vikings!!

Dagmar
10-05-2010, 06:57 PM
this is only going to piss off packer fans and i love it.

I'd rather piss off Vikings than Packers to be fair...

SoDak Bronco
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
not sure if this is good for Randy Moss and my FF team or not?

Hercules Rockefeller
10-05-2010, 07:03 PM
not sure if this is good for Randy Moss and my FF team or not?

It's good for those of us who have Favre

ColoradoDarin
10-05-2010, 07:24 PM
So the Pats gave up a 4th, got what, over 3 years (4?) production, and now can get a pick back? Belicheat is the master.

Dutch
10-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Wonder how many picks the FN Pats will get in return for this one, or for those who follow the Viqueens...any Defensive help for the Patsies to be used in a trade?

DeuceOfClub
10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
The Vikings are desperate... Belichick will rape them and I'm sure Moss will have a new shiny contract as well.

extralife
10-05-2010, 07:30 PM
The Pats once again show an aversion to keeping good players. Sometimes it almost seems like Belichick ends up a contender by accident, like he'd rather lose 12 games and get a top five pick...to trade for three seconds.

UberBroncoMan
10-05-2010, 07:48 PM
I'd just be happy if he isn't going to the Chiefs, the Dolphins or the Bears.

Watch the Pats get a 2nd rounder out of this. They make bank.

Dagmar
10-05-2010, 07:50 PM
The rumors were it is for a third or fourth. That was from some of the tweets rolling in so far.

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 07:51 PM
The Pats once again show an aversion to keeping good players. Sometimes it almost seems like Belichick ends up a contender by accident, like he'd rather lose 12 games and get a top five pick...to trade for three seconds.

belicheck lose 12 games? when has a team ever gotten significantly better, or worse, because of a WR? look at miami this year. he dumps guys when their value is in the draft pick he can acquire for them, not what they will do. now if only the patriots had been drafting worth a **** theyd be killing everyone out there.

randomtask
10-05-2010, 07:58 PM

belicheck lose 12 games? when has a team ever gotten significantly better, or worse, because of a WR? look at miami this year. he dumps guys when their value is in the draft pick he can acquire for them, not what they will do. now if only the patriots had been drafting worth a **** theyd be killing everyone out there.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr331/guitar_guy723/sarcasmbutton.jpg

At least, that's my interpretation.

UberBroncoMan
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Based on what I've read.

The trade is essentially done.

It's for a 2nd round pick (can you say rape?)

The deal is contingent on Moss agreeing to a new contract with Minnesota.

*BAM*

That's what you can do to a team that's desperate for a championship. They have one year left in Favre and then it's ****ville for QB and they know it.

Too bad we couldn't rape them with a Marshall trade. Would have gotten him out of the AFC too. Could have gotten more than two 2nd's too at the current situation.

Cool Breeze
10-05-2010, 08:11 PM
My family in Minnesota is not going to like this...
Too much water under the bridge, or under the houseboat.

Archer81
10-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Im surprised Denver is not involved. Good move for Minnesota though.

:Broncos:

Taco John
10-05-2010, 08:34 PM
I'd rather piss off Vikings than Packers to be fair...

Not me. I have a special kinship with Vikings fans. They're the only fans in the league that know the kind of pain that Broncos fans suffered through in the 80's, only their guy (Tarkenton) didn't reach the pinnacle that our guy did.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrmyllSf7yY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrmyllSf7yY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'd be happy for Vikings fans to see them win a title.

mhgaffney
10-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Moss goes back where he started -- to finish his career.

Man-Goblin
10-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Vikings with Moss and a healthy Rice at about week 10 will be scary if Favre is still standing. If they don't do anything, Favre will be gone and at the farm by week 5.

And yes, the Pats will rape them.

The MVPlaya
10-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Who is replacing Moss on the Patriots? Tate?

SoDak Bronco
10-05-2010, 08:47 PM
this really hurts the pats for this season, he is a beast...dumb move in the short term

That One Guy
10-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Vikings with Moss and a healthy Rice at about week 10 will be scary if Favre is still standing. If they don't do anything, Favre will be gone and at the farm by week 5.

And yes, the Pats will rape them.

Didn't they IR Rice two days after Favre signed or was that someone else?

DenverBroncosJM
10-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Moss did not have one catch last night correct?

Man-Goblin
10-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Didn't they IR Rice two days after Favre signed or was that someone else?

No. Target date is week 8 but you know how those things go. I read somewhere he was still on crutches last week.

NFLBRONCO
10-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Based on what I've read.

The trade is essentially done.

It's for a 2nd round pick (can you say rape?)

The deal is contingent on Moss agreeing to a new contract with Minnesota.

*BAM*

That's what you can do to a team that's desperate for a championship. They have one year left in Favre and then it's ****ville for QB and they know it.

Too bad we couldn't rape them with a Marshall trade. Would have gotten him out of the AFC too. Could have gotten more than two 2nd's too at the current situation.

If this trade goes down 2 #1's one could be top 10 3 #2's for NE

Man-Goblin
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM

So dude comes out and publicly wines about his contract during the season, supposedly requests a trade, and it surprises you that the Patriots have delegated him to decoy?

Popps
10-05-2010, 09:08 PM

Not one. I don't even know if they targeted him.

The Joker
10-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Im surprised Denver is not involved. Good move for Minnesota though.

:Broncos:

Yeah, if there's one thing we need it's another receiver. Ha!

Desperation move by the Vikes, but I can see the logic in going after Moss with Rice still crocked and Favre on his last legs.

On a side note, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Orton was wearing a Vikings jersey in a couple of years time. He's proving himself to be a very competent NFL QB, I'm sure the Vikes would love to be able to plug him in there once Favre finally Zimmer Frames his way into the sunset.

Of course this all depends on whether Tebow can develop into the player we all hope he will. If he does, we could be looking at getting some very nice compensation from a team like Minnesota. Would love to see Cutler v Orton twice a year as well.

azbroncfan
10-05-2010, 11:33 PM

They stay competitive because they run a great system and aren't afraid to trade a player a year early vs a year late. WR is overrated anyways.

BigPlayShay
10-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Not one. I don't even know if they targeted him.

Dropped a TD on a fake spike play...

extralife
10-05-2010, 11:52 PM
They stay competitive because they run a great system and aren't afraid to trade a player a year early vs a year late. WR is overrated anyways.

When you're a contender, you go for broke to win a title. The last time Belicheck tried, they went 18-0 before they lost. The time before, they won back to back. Do you remember why the Patriots got Moss to begin with? It was because they didn't want to pay Deion Branch, and then they watched as they lost the AFC Championship game because Brady had no one that could catch a ball in the 4th quarter against the Colts. He got rid of Seymour, and they haven't been able to get to the QB since. The compensation for both of those players was good, but at what point do you just overreach to keep the guys that won for you rather than try to rebuild and hope you've got enough to win at the same time?

DivineLegion
10-06-2010, 12:01 AM
When you're a contender, you go for broke to win a title. The last time Belicheck tried, they went 18-0 before they lost. The time before, they won back to back. Do you remember why the Patriots got Moss to begin with? It was because they didn't want to pay Deion Branch, and then they watched as they lost the AFC Championship game because Brady had no one that could catch a ball in the 4th quarter against the Colts. He got rid of Seymour, and they haven't been able to get to the QB since. The compensation for both of those players was good, but at what point do you just overreach to keep the guys that won for you rather than try to rebuild and hope you've got enough to win at the same time?

Huh...Sounds like The Denver Broncos after the 05 AFC Championship game except we didn't win a championship. You mean coachs are always trying to move pieces to build championship contenders? No way man. Moss is going to be 34 how much longer do you expect the guy to play?

extralife
10-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Well, if the Pats were a crappy team, Moss's age would be a concern. But they're not. One would assume they are attempting to win a Super Bowl this year. Trading Randy Moss isn't going to help them do that, just like trading Deion Branch and Richard Seymore wasn't going to help them, and just like not signing Asante Samuel and Logan Mankins wasn't going to help them.

I can't believe I'm actually talking about this, given that I don't ****ing care if the Pats win or not, but yeah.

DivineLegion
10-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Well, if the Pats were a crappy team, Moss's age would be a concern. But they're not. One would assume they are attempting to win a Super Bowl this year. Trading Randy Moss isn't going to help them do that, just like trading Deion Branch and Richard Seymore wasn't going to help them, and just like not signing Asante Samuel and Logan Mankins wasn't going to help them.

I can't believe I'm actually talking about this, given that I don't ****ing care if the Pats win or not, but yeah.

I agree that letting guys like Richard Seymore (Even though the compensation speaks for itself) and Asante Samuel go was a mistake. Deion Branch was a product of a good system, and was never spectacular in Seatle. Moss on the other hand has a histroy of becoming a distraction when his contract isn't done, and dogs it when he dosen't feel appreciated. Belicheck is raping the Viqueens on this one, and could end up pulling off one of the sickest rebuilds in NFL history while his team is still contending for the playoffs.

DivineBronco
10-06-2010, 02:57 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/06/moss-trade-likely-to-happen-on-wednesday/

man huge trades almost never happen in the season...wacky stuff

tsiguy96
10-06-2010, 06:06 AM
the deal is DONE!

Man-Goblin
10-06-2010, 06:13 AM
A 3rd round pick? That's it? and we gave up a 4th for Maroney? eeek.

azbroncfan
10-06-2010, 09:56 AM

How many rings does Moss have and have the Pats won one with him? Not to mention they had pretty average WR's when they won the rings. If you get good compensation for a player move him especially when he is being a cancer and won't be worth anything after the season.

gunns
10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Not me. I have a special kinship with Vikings fans. They're the only fans in the league that know the kind of pain that Broncos fans suffered through in the 80's, only their guy (Tarkenton) didn't reach the pinnacle that our guy did.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrmyllSf7yY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrmyllSf7yY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'd be happy for Vikings fans to see them win a title.

I used to like the Vikings for the same reason. But they've got Favre now, anything to piss them off is fine by me. Same reason I used to hate the Packers, but I don't mind them now. Once Favre's gone I'll go back to liking them again. Heaven forbid they win a title with him there.