PDA

View Full Version : week 5 waiver wire pickups..

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
looking at these guys, can only get 2:

tony moeaki
kenny britt (TD in last 2 games, gage out)
devon bess
josh cribbs
ricky williams (for backup instead of brandon jackson)
NE defense
TN defense

starters that need replacing or upgrading on my team:
lance moore/mike williams TB/mike sims walker - starting 2 of these guys :(
owen daniels/jermaine gresham
Dallas defense - could use replacement

my team sucks.

OBF1
10-05-2010, 04:49 PM
are you in a 16 team league???

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 04:53 PM
no. you dont need to tell me my team sucks, my point total shows that :D

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 05:13 PM
dropping owen daniels for brandon pettigrew, dropping sims walker for kenny britt.

gunns
10-05-2010, 05:27 PM

tony moeaki
devon bess
josh cribbs
NE defense
TN defense

my team sucks.

Depends on how your league scores. If they score returns decently I'd take Cribbs. The leagues I'm in that do I've gotten decent points for him. I've also had Bess sitting since the beginning. I'm thinking teams will double team Marshall opening it up for Bess. Then again I think Williams may be a good backup as he gets the TD's over Brown. I think Tennessee is too up in the air with it's receivers.

TheChamp24
10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
If you paid money, you're screwed.
If not, forget about that team and delete it from your memory.

Popps
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
are you in a 16 team league???

I'm in a 10 team league with 5 roster spots for WR, and my waiver wire options are similar.

Right now, I have to start Royal AND Demarius this week, or skim the wire for srubbage. (I have 2 starting WRs on bye.)

Seriously, it's like... Cribbs or just go with D. Thomas.

Even worse, my season sort of rides on this week, as well. I'm 1-3.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm in a 10 team league with 5 roster spots for WR, and my waiver wire options are similar.

Right now, I have to start Royal AND Demarius this week, or skim the wire for srubbage. (I have 2 starting WRs on bye.)

Seriously, it's like... Cribbs or just go with D. Thomas.

Even worse, my season sort of rides on this week, as well. I'm 1-3.

Try being 0-4, middle of the pack in scoring... and having been outscored by 150 points. That's where I'm at, and I won this ****ing league (and the $700 bones) last season.

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
If you paid money, you're screwed.
If not, forget about that team and delete it from your memory.

not so much about winning at this point as it is just trying to recover from such a ****ty draft. i paid $30 so not too much but just wanna make best of it i can.

Dedhed
10-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm leading my league and just picked up Moeaki. He is KC's passing offense, and they're going to have to pass the ball against the Colts at some point.

Smiling Assassin27
10-05-2010, 07:07 PM

tony moeaki
devon bess
josh cribbs
NE defense
TN defense

my team sucks.

first, get rid of sims-walker immediately. he's taking up roster space and is a non-factor.

second, i'd go with bess. henne's finally clicking in that offense and bess really is the guy he'll look for when marshall sees bracket coverage, plus he returns kicks. as for cribbs, see bess.

third, keep lance moore. with bush out, he'll get more looks in the pass game and can motor in space. brees will find him.

finally, i'd probably take ricky williams for rb depth, though mike bell is probably a second option to look at if he's available.

Smiling Assassin27
10-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Depends on how your league scores. If they score returns decently I'd take Cribbs. The leagues I'm in that do I've gotten decent points for him. I've also had Bess sitting since the beginning. I'm thinking teams will double team Marshall opening it up for Bess. Then again I think Williams may be a good backup as he gets the TD's over Brown. I think Tennessee is too up in the air with it's receivers.

I defer to this, as Gunns handed me my arse in week 1. :afro:

Doggcow
10-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Why is ricky williams on the waiver wire? Get that guy for sure.

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 07:17 PM
problem is, i dont need ricky williams, i have peyton hillis and jamaal charles and shonn greene for depth. i need a TE very desperately, mine are barely even playing right now. i think britt will be a bigger factor in teh next few weeks with gage out, read several fantasy reports saying to pick him up.

extralife
10-05-2010, 07:32 PM
get ricky williams. there's no such thing as a quality player that you "don't need." you can trade someone from a position of strength for a better player at a position of need then any of the trash you're mulling picking up.

boppool
10-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Pick up Mike Bell. McCoy's fractured rib and Vick may be out as well. He'll ve a good fill-in, at least this week.

chadta
10-06-2010, 05:01 AM
didnt you want to keep cutler, and marshall ?

man am i glad you arent the GM