PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Power Rankings

The MVPlaya
10-05-2010, 03:03 PM
These really don't mean **** since they're based off of people who really don't know **** to begin with, but how the **** do these make any sense? How JADED are these rankings?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=5

Giants move from 24 to 20 for beating the Bears at home in a close game that shouldn't have been close at all. Giants still looked horrible.

Chiefs jumped from 15 to 10 on a bye week.

Steelers are unchanged at 1 after losing.

Dolphins only move from 11 to 13 after dropping 2 home DIVISION GAMES including 1 embarrassment.

Cowboys move from 16 to 14 on a bye week being 1-2.

Redskins move from 21 to 16 after a road victory where the opposing team's QB got injured, and the ball had slipped out of the WR's hands that would have gave the Eagles a W. (it's a road win nonetheless though)

However, the Broncos only move from 23 to 21 after beating a top team in the conference, stopping the most explosive player in the NFL. DROPPING 26 POINTS ON A TOP DEFENSE. ALL ON THE ****ING ROAD.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-05-2010, 03:08 PM
You probably don't want to read Prisco, then. His crap is consistently all over the place and makes little sense.

vancejohnson82
10-05-2010, 03:10 PM
a win this week opens up a few eyes....whats bad is that when we do hit a win streak eventually it will be against the easy part of our schedule more than likely and we still won't get any love

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-05-2010, 03:14 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/10/05/week-4-power-rankings-packers-back-on-top/

Jason LaCanfora, NFL.

10.) Titans — Can’t seem to get out of their own way at times, but I still expect them to contend.

11.) Chargers — Let’s see all three phases of the game show up two straight weeks.

12.) Bengals — What happened to the running game? Can’t get any balance on offense.

13.) Dolphins — Need to regroup.

14.) Chiefs – Will the early bye week sap some of their momentum?

15.) Cowboys — Have a feeling they get things going a little bit here.

16.) Broncos — Showing a lot of gumption and spirit; need to get a run game going.

17.) Giants — Will 9-7 win the NFC East? Epic defensive performance.

18.) Eagles — The injuries are getting a little surreal.

19.) Vikings — Not sure an early bye is gonna help Brett Favre and that offense much.

20.) Bears — That was humiliating to watch. Confirmed every fear I have about their OL/protection.

driver
10-05-2010, 03:22 PM
a win this week opens up a few eyes....whats bad is that when we do hit a win streak eventually it will be against the easy part of our schedule more than likely and we still won't get any love

If we can take the raven, and steeler and our division, who cares.:approve:

Dagmar
10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm finding it very strange the lack of a dominant team after 4 weeks, it's always struck me that there is one but this season not so much, the Steelers and Pack look like the pick of the litter so far...

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Packers looked rough against Shaun Hill and the Lions, though.

Rabb
10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Packers looked rough against Shaun Hill and the Lions, though.

their RB situation is about as dire as ours too

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 03:30 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/10/05/week-4-power-rankings-packers-back-on-top/

Jason LaCanfora, NFL.

10.) Titans — Can’t seem to get out of their own way at times, but I still expect them to contend.

11.) Chargers — Let’s see all three phases of the game show up two straight weeks.

12.) Bengals — What happened to the running game? Can’t get any balance on offense.

13.) Dolphins — Need to regroup.

14.) Chiefs – Will the early bye week sap some of their momentum?

15.) Cowboys — Have a feeling they get things going a little bit here.

16.) Broncos — Showing a lot of gumption and spirit; need to get a run game going.

17.) Giants — Will 9-7 win the NFC East? Epic defensive performance.

18.) Eagles — The injuries are getting a little surreal.

19.) Vikings — Not sure an early bye is gonna help Brett Favre and that offense much.

20.) Bears — That was humiliating to watch. Confirmed every fear I have about their OL/protection.

this is far more accurate. hard to disagree with anything here.

The MVPlaya
10-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I still don't get why the Dolphins are ranked so high based on what happend the last 2 weeks.

Dropping 2 home games to division rivals back to back.

PRBronco
10-05-2010, 03:33 PM
[/B]

If we can take the raven, and steeler and our division, who cares.:approve:

Omg you clearly didnt' hear that the Chiefs are 3 and 0. 3 AND 0!!! I have nightmares where Matt Cassell puts up his patented double digit passing yards against us.

Kaylore
10-05-2010, 03:39 PM
These don't really matter, but I'm used to this. Typically when Denver beats someone, they lower that teams' rank by several points and we barely move up at all. Whenever we beat someone, the national media assumes something is wrong with the team we beat.

rbackfactory80
10-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Well if they are keeping our numbers low because the Titans are overrated then they are probably right.

Rock Chalk
10-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Ha, we went down 1 in DVOA on footballoutsiders.

Although Brandon Lloyd is rated as the #1 receiver according to their stats.

gtown
10-05-2010, 03:58 PM
How can we expect these BS and horribly subjective rankings to be meaningful. They are written by sportswriters that never delve into the story behind the story and only go into the stats in the boxscore. Power rankings are simply a lagging indicator of football performance - they reflect who has been good the last few weeks and when you have only played four games, how much can you say about a football team?

Plus Prisco is an idiot.

McDman
10-05-2010, 04:55 PM
If you feel like they are meaningless and don't mean anything, why post them?

The MVPlaya
10-05-2010, 05:02 PM
If you feel like they are meaningless and don't mean anything, why post them?

That can probably be said about 99% of things that go on around here.
Ha!

bronco militia
10-05-2010, 05:39 PM
I hate the BCS