PDA

View Full Version : Lynch to the 'Hawks

SportinOne
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
too much of a hurry to post link, it is on NFL.com

Mixed feelings about us not being able to get him.

our lines sucks, how much of a difference could it have made?
he seems to have a ****ty attitude
we already traded the 4th for maroney (and i guess the argument could be, we'd much rather have lynch than maroney, regardless, even if it would have costed more)
plus the guys a hell of a player.

oh well.

Bronco Boy
10-05-2010, 12:22 PM
John Lynch?

Popps
10-05-2010, 12:22 PM
So, this was a 3-team trade?

See you Kyle. Thanks for the great work!

Doggcow
10-05-2010, 12:23 PM
For a 4th and conditional, how high is conditional?

Good deal for seattle imo.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-05-2010, 12:23 PM
But, technically, if the Broncos still had Hillis then they'd still have their 4th and would have no need for Lynch. Tug on that.

ColoradoDarin
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
From NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b1752a/article/agent-confirms-seahawks-land-rb-lynch-from-bills?module=breaking_news)

The agent for Marshawn Lynch said the Buffalo Bills traded the running back to the Seattle Seahawks.

Lynch's agent, Doug Hendrickson, said a deal was made Tuesday, but he didn't know what the Bills received in exchange.

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported via a league source that the Bills will receive a fourth-round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Another pick also could be involved.

Lynch was the Bills' first-round draft pick in 2007.

Last week, the winless Bills released quarterback Trent Edwards.

The team is in a rebuilding mode under first-year general manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey and had depth at the position with Fred Jackson and rookie C.J. Spiller.

The Seahawks (2-2) are looking to beef up their running game under first-year coach Pete Carroll. Justin Forsett, Lynch's former University of California teammate, leads Seattle with 215 yards and no touchdowns. Julius Jones has 12 carries for 30 yards.

footstepsfrom#27
10-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Would have rather had him than Maroney.

OBF1
10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
How close is Lynch to a 1 year vacation???

baja
10-05-2010, 12:41 PM

maybe Maroney can turn it around but right now he is a tentative runner with no vision no instincts and he can't catch the ball. Oh and his blocking is for the shiits too.

Popps
10-05-2010, 12:45 PM
maybe Maroney can turn it around but right now he is a tentative runner with no vision no instincts and he can't catch the ball. Oh and his blocking is for the shiits too.

Baja,

Check into Montrose's thread about the running troubles. Maroney may be an average back, but there's a reason all of our runners look "tentative."

It's a great thread and points out the larger problems very clearly.

HooptyHoops
10-05-2010, 12:46 PM

Totally agree!

gyldenlove
10-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Baja,

Check into Montrose's thread about the running troubles. Maroney may be an average back, but there's a reason all of our runners look "tentative."

Maroney was born tentative, they had to do a c-section because he saw contact coming and tried to go sideways.

Lynch is an asshat, we don't need his hit and run bs on the team.

Bronco Boy
10-05-2010, 01:09 PM
The real question is: Is Julius Jones better than Maroney?

Br0nc0Buster
10-05-2010, 01:20 PM
The real question is: Is Julius Jones better than Maroney?

no

Baba Booey
10-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Jesus, we could have traded the fourth we gave for Maroney and got Lynch?

Talk about a two-headed monster with him and Moreno.

Oh well.

Rabb
10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
it would be nice if everyone stopped overreacting and let the line be fixed before we really condemn our running backs

or not, either way

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2010, 01:24 PM
It wouldn't matter unless we fixed the line. Period.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Of course, if we traded the fourth to New England for Mankins, this board would explode with anti-McDaniels sentiment for dealing for another former Patriot.

OBF1
10-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I was on the light rail today and heard that Marcus Allen wants to make a comeback... Should we bring him in for a look with Julius Jones. Either would break out 2 yards in our system

Pontius Pirate
10-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Running back isn't the problem. It's our offensive line. We have a bunch of rookies, guys that haven't played, and ffrankly...our vets seem distracted. Especially Kuper and Clady. Clady had a bad injury and kuper had the same and a newborn. It's not easy.

BroncoMatt
10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Maybe now Spiller will start getting going

Popps
10-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Gailey is tearing that team apart.

Traveler
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
it would be nice if everyone stopped overreacting and let the line be fixed before we really condemn our running backs

or not, either way

this!

baja
10-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Baja,

It is a good thread the vid shows the problem. Doc's vid shows the lack of running room too. The thing with LoMo is there is some running room at times but instead of hitting it quick (like TD used to do) he dances until it closes. Those lanes are only there for a second or two and a back had better be decisive if he expects to get to the second level. I believe if Morano had been healthy for the Colts game we would have won. Yes our line has not jelled yet (and that is the problem) But I was commenting on LoMo and so far I think we wasted a 4th round pick.

SportinOne
10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
i can't disagree about the line being awful, but there is no excuse to average less than a yard per carry. ever.

Rohirrim
10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Let's just wait and pick up Allen Bradford in the draft. ;D

Pony Boy
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM

Agreed...... Maroney makes me miss Lendale White

Popps
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Agreed...... Maroney makes me miss Lendale White

White would have been great to have this year.

Bronco Yoda
10-05-2010, 02:31 PM
I watched some of the Titans game again last night. Man, we really have some O-line problems when it comes to the run. I'm not sure if it's more about communication at the line, Orton not catching pointing out the obvious missed assignments or what. A couple times the running playes looked so awkward that I'd guess the RB lined up on the wrong side? It's a mess that's for sure.

misturanderson
10-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure that Lynch fits into the atmosphere that McDaniels is trying to create in the lockerroom. The dude is a thug, straight up and he isn't even that amazing a back. He had one season over 1000 yards and hasn't been able to stay healthy or out of trouble since.

I think it's relatively unlikely that he was ever even an option for us.

gunns
10-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Baja,

I've heard it, read it, and I believe it. But it's not the only problem with Maroney.

gunns
10-05-2010, 03:05 PM
i can't disagree about the line being awful, but there is no excuse to average less than a yard per carry. ever.

Amen.

Drek
10-05-2010, 03:46 PM
But I was commenting on LoMo and so far I think we wasted a 4th round pick.

Again, we swapped a 4th for a 6th and got Maroney for it.

Seattle just gave up a 4th as well as a conditional pick for a guy they're now starting. That conditional could actually end up being something worthwhile.

Also, if we offered our 4th versus Seattle's 4th which one do you think Buffalo takes? We'd have to work out a package centered on a 3rd or better since I'm sure Buffalo views Seattle as a team only slightly better than them (i.e. a definite top 15 pick).

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Lots of "ifs" around here these days.

McDman
10-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Doesn't matter who we have in the backfield, with our line they wouldn't do well regardless.

cutthemdown
10-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Plus it's a 4th and a 6th, that could be a 5th. So it's not like it was same deal as Maroney.

barryr
10-05-2010, 04:17 PM
One has to wonder a team such as the Bills who have had troubles offensively for some time now trading a RB for picks. Lynch is talented, but there are problems obviously with him.

UberBroncoMan
10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Lynch is a trash of a human being. He never would have been a fit with us. Not sure why so many wish we had him. He wasn't even a superstar or anything in Buffalo. Around 4 YPC. Never hit 10 TD's in a year.

Natedog24
10-05-2010, 05:24 PM

Absolutely...

Oh well, I'll take a healthy Moreno over either *fingers crossed*

JCMElway
10-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Jesus, we could have traded the fourth we gave for Maroney and got Lynch?

Talk about a two-headed monster with him and Moreno.

Oh well.

We did not trade a fourth. We basically moved down two rounds (from a 4th to a 6th) to get Maroney.

WABronco
10-05-2010, 09:05 PM
White would have been great to have this year.

Jesus no kidding. And here I thought it was just a minor "blip" when he went out for the year.

Jesterhole
10-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I hear Travis Henry is available...

fontaine
10-06-2010, 05:40 AM

Exactly. You'd think that with defenders coming into the backfield, it would make MORE sense to hit the line quickly even if the hole isn't there so that at least you don't get clobbered in the back field and LOSE yardage like Maroney who had what 7 rushes for -4 yards at one point?

A lot of RBs work behing sh*tty lines but they learn to trust particular line-men and run just behind the OL waiting for a crease to open up and then hit it hard with forward body lean and low pads. At least that way you cut out negative plays and don't put your QB into a hole constantly.

Look at Jamaal Charles last year in KC. Their OL was pretty average in the run game except for Brian Waters who would walk into an All Decade team and all Charles did was constantly run behind Waters who cleared lanes.

We would gain more yardage if Maroney just trailed behind a group of OL (right or left) waiting for something to open up rather than wait in the backfield and runs sideways straight into a defender.

Getting Larsen back WILL help. He really stood out to me in the Seattle game as one of the guys that makes quick decisions and just does his best to clear a lane.

redrage
10-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I'll defer to you guys on your knowledge of the Broncos, but I know that last season the Chief's O-line was terrible until Charles started playing more. Then, seemingly overnight, they were a very good run-blocking unit. So I think the RB does matter.