PDA

View Full Version : Another Charger on the juice?

cutthemdown
10-04-2010, 01:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/04/chargers-steve-gregory-suspended-four-games/

The San Diego Chargers have lost their starting strong safety for the next four weeks.

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the NFL suspended Steve Gregory for four games as a result of a positive test for a banned substance. There's no word on what the substance was, or whether the suspension is part of the league's policy on substance abuse or the league's policy on steroids and related substances.

So what's the verdict? some party drugs or good ole Merriman juice?

Dr. Broncenstein
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Passionate ball juice, obviously.

skunk
10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
who cares. **** you.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Another Charger on the juice? Another Charger on the juice.

Man-Goblin
10-04-2010, 01:40 PM
They were doing a pretty good job of keeping it underwraps since Merriman got whacked.

Also, congrats to Ladanian for finding a new supplier in New York. He timed his cycle perfectly this season for a resurgence. Just kidding. Maybe.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-04-2010, 01:43 PM
They were doing a pretty good job of keeping it underwraps since Merriman got whacked.

Also, congrats to Ladanian for finding a new supplier in New York. He timed his cycle perfectly this season for a resurgence. Just kidding. Maybe.

He'll rust up again come late-season / post-season. Happens every time he cries.

gyldenlove
10-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Not surprising really, guys named Gregory are notoriously untrustworthy.

Beantown Bronco
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
who cares. **** you.

Thank you, once again, for adding so much to the community. You really are a worthless POS.

JJJ
10-04-2010, 01:51 PM
This dude is tiny. I met him at the London game. Doesn't surprise me he was juicing if this turns out to be the case.

boltaneer
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM
If it was roids, he should have slipped some to Merriman because that dude sure needs some again.

Champagne Powder
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Chargers players have such a bad reputation in the public light. Why do so many of their safeties (Terrence Kiel, Kevin Ellison, Gregory) have problems with drugs?

Cool Breeze
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM
who cares. **** you.

wtf are you on?
What a dweeb...

Dagmar
10-04-2010, 02:12 PM
wtf are you on?
What a dweeb...

His period?

cutthemdown
10-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Thank you, once again, for adding so much to the community. You really are a worthless POS.

I can't remember any posts from him but I thought it was funny. It was just such a random response that I had to chuckle a bit and wonder who this poster is.

Maybe he's a Charger fan?

cutthemdown
10-04-2010, 02:15 PM
If it was roids, he should have slipped some to Merriman because that dude sure needs some again.

Yeah he for sure isn't the same player anymore. I think they should just let the players take roids if they want. It's a free country.

Beantown Bronco
10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I can't remember any posts from him but I thought it was funny. It was just such a random response that I had to chuckle a bit and wonder who this poster is.

I've seen him post in a few threads over the last few months and 90% of his posts are just random attacks like that. He had about 10 in one thread where he just kept swearing at broncosteven and calling him a fat [insert expletive of choice here]. Lot's of other examples of the same kind of thing.

Can't remember a single football related/substantive post recently.

DomCasual
10-04-2010, 02:21 PM
The question isn't which Chargers are on the juice. The question is which ones aren't.

How else do you explain the recent success for such a sad, pathetic excuse for a franchise?

cutthemdown
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
The question isn't which Chargers are on the juice. The question is which ones aren't.

How else do you explain the recent success for such a sad, pathetic excuse for a franchise?

Can we give some to Moreno?

DomCasual
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM

Fine with me. Jarvis Moss, too.

Boltjolt
10-04-2010, 08:42 PM
This dude is tiny. I met him at the London game. Doesn't surprise me he was juicing if this turns out to be the case.

They didnt say what it was and Gregory said he was "shocked" to learn he tested possitive for something. Take it for what its worth. He isnt a big guy and will probably get beat out next year by Stuckey. He has always been gritty but isnt a standout.

Br0nc0Buster
10-04-2010, 08:56 PM

yeah that is what he does, says random things that dont make sense

not that I care what he says but I have picked up on that with the last couple of "gems" from that guy

UberBroncoMan
10-04-2010, 08:58 PM
They didnt say what it was and Gregory said he was "shocked" to learn he tested possitive for something. Take it for what its worth. He isnt a big guy and will probably get beat out next year by Stuckey. He has always been gritty but isnt a standout.

He had 30 tackles and an INT in 4 games. Something was up.

rbackfactory80
10-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Half the league at least is using performance enhancers. These guys definitely need the healing help.

OABB
10-04-2010, 08:59 PM

it would be safer to just block the dl and linebackers. but we can try I guess.

boltaneer
10-04-2010, 09:30 PM

Yeah, Gregory is a small dude. I'd be surprised if it was steroids. I wonder which banned substance it was.

SoCalBronco
10-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Ordinarily, the Chargers would be due for some asterisks, but there's really nothing to attach them to.

:)

Boltjolt
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
He had 30 tackles and an INT in 4 games. Something was up.

Not like he is leading the league or anything and there are safeties AND CB's who have more. Hec Weddle had over 100 tackles for us before.

You guys can make a big deal out of this if you want but it is somebody who isnt anything special on our team. Just a gritty player who is arfound the action who will probably get beat out next year by Stuckey who is a rookie this year.

You have to remember this happened back in May. It is October now.

boltaneer
10-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Not like he is leading the league or anything and there are safeties AND CB's who have more. Hec Weddle had over 100 tackles for us before.

You guys can make a big deal out of this if you want but it is somebody who isnt anything special on our team. Just a gritty player who is arfound the action who will probably get beat out next year by Stuckey who is a rookie this year.

You have to remember this happened back in May. It is October now.

I don't know. Gregory has been playing well for the past year and a half. He's the kind of guy that you're always looking to replace/upgrade but he keeps giving you a reason not to.

OABB
10-04-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't know. Gregory has been playing well for the past year and a half. He's the kind of guy that you're always looking to replace/upgrade but he keeps giving you a reason not to.

well, thats over.

broncocalijohn
10-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah he for sure isn't the same player anymore. I think they should just let the players take roids if they want. It's a free country.

lets shoot people too since it is so free. Profanity on tv too McD style. Gamble on their games while we are at it. After all, it is a free country. Cocaine should be allowed to be snorted before and during the game. I also think dog fighting should be allowed and could be halftime entertainment if the owner wants it because it is a free country. Vick could be commissioner of the fights too while he sits out with his injury. Yes, this is extreme but playing off a horrible post by you. You can have your reasons for allowing drugs into football (which is pretty bad of an idea), but to say "It's a free country!", is lame and makes our great country look like a bunch of outlaws. Think about it.

Florida_Bronco
10-05-2010, 12:03 AM
ordinarily, the chargers would be due for some asterisks, but there's really nothing to attach them to.

rofl!

400HZ
10-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Not surprising really, guys named Gregory are notoriously untrustworthy.

You can't trust anyone with two first names. It's a fact.

400HZ
10-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah, Gregory is a small dude. I'd be surprised if it was steroids. I wonder which banned substance it was.

He's bigger and faster than he used to be. I still remember Tony Gonzalez giving him a complete bare-ass spanking during his first start at safety.

boltaneer
10-05-2010, 02:26 AM
He's bigger and faster than he used to be. I still remember Tony Gonzalez giving him a complete bare-ass spanking during his first start at safety.

Come on now! Tony G is gonna spank any rookie safety trying to cover him.

400HZ
10-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Come on now! Tony G is gonna spank any rookie safety trying to cover him.

I was depressed about the physical domination. Catching the ball over Gregory's head and then dragging him 20 yards.

Dedhed
10-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Gregory said he was "shocked" to learn he tested possitive for something.That's what happens when you take your dealer's word for something.

"No, I swear, they haven't developed a test for this yet. You'll be fine".

"Nur, Okay"

Dedhed
10-05-2010, 09:14 AM
He's bigger and faster than he used to be.

I wonder how that happened?

broncosteven
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Maybe it was something he took to kill the monster sized crabs and anal warts he picked up from an orgy at "Lights out" house.

"It burns when I pee!"

boltaneer
10-05-2010, 10:08 AM
FWIW, the rumor is that he took an over the counter cold medicine and got caught with a masking agent in his system.

Ugly Duck
10-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Ordinarily, the Chargers would be due for some asterisks, but there's really nothing to attach them to.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/Letsfeedit/nice-helmet.gif

boltaneer
10-05-2010, 01:57 PM
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/Letsfeedit/nice-helmet.gif

Hah! :) I know where you got that image. I saw that post on raidersfan.net.

You forgot the best part of that thread: This reply by a young Raider fan:

Alright I have to ask, am I the only one who doesn't understand that argument? We are 30-86 over the past 7+ seasons, while losing 13 consecutive games to the Chargers. Meanwhile, they've won 5 of the previous 6 AFC West titles. I'm only 22, I wasn't alive for any of those 3 super bowl victories, 26 years since the last one happened. Personally, I can't find any relevance in making that argument.

-----

That may mean something to fans who were alive to see the majority of that, but my life has been spent watching Al Davis make one bad decision after another. I don't care about the past, it's the present that is relative. We are horrible right now. I know 3 of 4 games this year, we've been in it and it's gone down to the end, but 1-3 is 1-3. Sounds very much like the last 7 years. Meanwhile those same Chargers have won 5 of the previous 6 AFC West titles. Maybe to some fans and absolutely to the players/coaches/front office workers/owners, every season is super bowl or bust, but to someone like me, I enjoy the chase. This hell we've been stuck in for 7 going on 8 years, really has given me some perspective. Expecting a super bowl, be it the Patriots, Colts, Lions, or Browns, is wildly unrealistic.

There are 32 teams after that one thing. If you expect it, you'll only be disappointed. We don't even have that, the thrill of the chase anymore. Our season is over around the same time it starts. Meanwhile, the Spanos's and AJ Smith are building teams that can win 5 division titles over a 6 year span, while we have 30 wins over the last 7 years and change. AJ Smith gives Charger fans something to look forward to each season. Al Davis continues to give us nothing but the creation of what is his ego, being HIS players, HIS coaches, HIS schemes, HIS way or the high way. HIS way clearly doesn't work anymore.

Those pieces of history are nice to look at and remember (if you were around to experience them) but I'd like to be proud of the Raiders because of what's happening in the present time, not what briefly happened in my time and mostly before mine. I'd love to be hated again, anyone who sees me in my Raider gear, I want to see hatred, not sorrow and pity, hell, the majority of my buds want to see the Raiders win every week, yet they are not even Raider fans, that doesn't strike me as right, at least seeing as the Raiders should be hated by those who aren't fans.

Basically if looking back at the past is good enough for you, well I envy you, but as I'm sure you do as well, I only care about now and what lays ahead, which doesn't look good under this current regime.