PDA

View Full Version : ravens message board quotes

tsiguy96
10-04-2010, 10:08 AM
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/27010-denver-week-5/

interesting stuff. these are always fun to read how others perceive the team, and often times how completely wrong it is.

The only threat they really have at WR is Eddie Royal. He's one fast dude, I was thinking before we got Q and Housh that maybe we could go out and trade for Royal somehow, but now i'm glad we didn't.
lol. yea hes the only good WR...

I personally think the Broncos passing numbers are as good as they are partially because they have played against teams with terrible passing defenses. They played the Jaguars, Seahawks, Colts, and Titans, who are ranked 29th, 30th, 20th and 5th in passing defense.
colts were 2nd in pass D until denver played them. there is multiple other comments about how the passing game is inflated cuz they havent played anyone...i guess putting up 800+ combined yards against colts and titans doesnt count. the reason their pass D rankings are so low is BECAUSE orton lit them up.

Orton's a nobody. As he proved last year when we played, when only a BS penalty prevented them from getting shut out. And at least last year he had Brandon Marshall. this week he faces a real defense, not the little boys he's been playing against all year so far.

lol

oh I'm not dismissing Orton at all. he's a good QB. I just think that the Broncos reliance on passing and an absence of running is going to expose them for being one dimensional to our defense so I don't think we'll allow Orton to rack up as many yards/TDs.
fair point, and very possible.

If you don't think Orton and that crew of WRs are legitimate. Then be prepared to be surprised.
true dat.

Gcver2ver3
10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
the last two quotes are good ones...

i think we can win this game, i really do...

Requiem
10-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah? These ****ers probably root for the O's too. **** 'em. Ray Lewis committed murder.

Gort
10-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Ravens fans are not particularly bright.

their knowledge of the NFL outside of the AFC North is limited to the Pats, Colts, and the Jets.

i don't think you could get an intelligent conversation out of any of them about the Broncos, Sparklers, Chefs, or Raiduhs.

they only know what ESPN tells them. and they can only remember half of that correctly.

Gort
10-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Yeah? These ****ers probably root for the O's too. **** 'em. Ray Lewis committed murder.

i root for the O's.

although Stabby McStabsalot probably didn't kill anyone himself, he covered for 2 of his friends who did. that's inexcusable to me.

Man-Goblin
10-04-2010, 10:22 AM
What a crap board. Not one mention of Hillis in those quotes.

Los Broncos
10-04-2010, 10:24 AM
What a crap board. Not one mention of Hillis in those quotes.

Or Cutler.

Gort
10-04-2010, 10:31 AM
over on the Baltimore Sun boards, they think pretty much the same thing... that it'll be a cakewalk for the ratbirds over the Broncos.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=268406

a couple think the Broncos are better than their fellow fans are giving them credit for being, but they all expect a victory and they all feel they are "supposed" to win the game, so they will.

Man-Goblin
10-04-2010, 10:37 AM
over on the Baltimore Sun boards, they think pretty much the same thing... that it'll be a cakewalk for the ratbirds over the Broncos.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=268406

a couple think the Broncos are better than their fellow fans are giving them credit for being, but they all expect a victory and they all feel they are "supposed" to win the game, so they will.

Yeah, wull, wait until they see my ms paint pep rally picture of a horse taking a dump in Joe Flacco's helmet.

Gort
10-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah, wull, wait until they see my ms paint pep rally picture of a horse taking a dump in Joe Flacco's helmet.

looking forward to it. in fact, i'll post a link to it over there. you've never seen so many thin-skinned fans in one place before (unless you've been to Thanksgiving dinner at the Cutlers). they will be apoplectic that anyone here would dare disparage their beloved ratbirds.

ROFL!

bronco militia
10-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I always hate this game

The Broncos have never played well at B-more and have never been close to winning a game there.

underrated29
10-04-2010, 10:54 AM
well this game will not be calkwalk by any stretch. Orton sucks under pressure, we have seen this all to well.

And Baltimore can apply the pressure like no ones business. IF, and only IF we can keep orton upright and not scrambling for his life can we take this one. But honestly with the way our OL has been playing i do not think so.

We can beat them, but we have to figure out a way to negate their pressure or beat it with quick hits.

Rock Chalk
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
well this game will not be calkwalk by any stretch. Orton sucks under pressure, we have seen this all to well.

And Baltimore can apply the pressure like no ones business. IF, and only IF we can keep orton upright and not scrambling for his life can we take this one. But honestly with the way our OL has been playing i do not think so.

We can beat them, but we have to figure out a way to negate their pressure or beat it with quick hits.

Orton just lit up the Titans D and he was under pressure all ****ing day.

Spider
10-04-2010, 10:59 AM

huh?

BlaK-Argentina
10-04-2010, 11:02 AM

You can't be serious.

Did you even watch the Titans game?

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I'll be praying for Walton this week.

55CrushEm
10-04-2010, 11:06 AM
i root for the O's.

although Stabby McStabsalot probably didn't kill anyone himself, he covered for 2 of his friends who did. that's inexcusable to me.

Ha!

snowspot66
10-04-2010, 11:07 AM
We did jack **** on offense last year and we still were in the game near the end. I think we have a real chance this year.

UberBroncoMan
10-04-2010, 11:08 AM
At least there won't be any ED REED! to deal with. Hopefully Ray Rice is still a little banged up too.

HooptyHoops
10-04-2010, 11:09 AM
I wonder what the Titans pass D is going to be ranked after playing our Broncos?

BlaK-Argentina
10-04-2010, 11:12 AM
We did jack **** on offense last year and we still were in the game near the end. I think we have a real chance this year.

I'm with you. **** the Ravens.

baja
10-04-2010, 11:14 AM
I always hate this game

The Broncos have never played well at B-more and have never been close to winning a game there.

True during the Shanny era.

We'll see if that holds up this week.

We are a much much more physical team than anything Shanny put on the field.

vancejohnson82
10-04-2010, 11:19 AM

"calkwalk"???

tsiguy96
10-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I'll be praying for Walton this week.

understatement of the year.

tell me who wins: JD walton or haloti ngata.
LOL

ICON
10-04-2010, 11:28 AM
There secondary hasn't even been tested lol.

Wallace
Sanchez
Palmer
Batch

'nuff said.

bronco militia
10-04-2010, 11:40 AM
True during the Shanny era.

We'll see if that holds up this week.

We are a much much more physical team than anything Shanny put on the field.

did you forget last year?

BALTIMORE -- The Denver Broncos went from unbeaten to overmatched during a 60-minute beatdown by the Baltimore Ravens.

Rookie Lardarius Webb returned the second-half kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown, and Baltimore ended a three-game losing streak with a surprisingly easy 30-7 victory Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110100/2009/REG8/broncos@ravens#tab:watch

baja
10-04-2010, 11:42 AM

For the life of me I can't understand why so many people here can't see this.

Orton in Josh's system would have handled what the Giants did to Cutler last night too.

baja
10-04-2010, 11:53 AM
did you forget last year?

BALTIMORE -- The Denver Broncos went from unbeaten to overmatched during a 60-minute beatdown by the Baltimore Ravens.

Rookie Lardarius Webb returned the second-half kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown, and Baltimore ended a three-game losing streak with a surprisingly easy 30-7 victory Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110100/2009/REG8/broncos@ravens#tab:watch

We are a much stronger team this year in every area except the running game. Orton will keep us close this year. I think we got a decent chance of winning this game. If we can win one of the next two we will be in good shape. I rally like our chances against the Jets.

Traveler
10-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Here'a hoping the Titan game was a wake-up call. Take some of the anger and funnel it towards the B-More defense.

Sooner or later, you' gotta get tired of being beat by the man in front of you and turn the tables. Maybe this is the game they do it.

Sassy
10-04-2010, 01:31 PM

Orton was sacked six times...that's not pressure??? LOL...I think he can deal with it.

Broncos_OTM
10-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Points to you for not referncing anything homosexual

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-04-2010, 01:41 PM
There are actually a number of pretty good posts on the Ravens-side.

rbackfactory80
10-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Maybe they should all act like p****** and spend an entire week talking about the multitude of scenarios of how they will get beat down. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Rohirrim
10-04-2010, 01:58 PM

Translation: I didn't watch the Titans game but figured I'd post some bull**** anyway.

Punisher
10-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Ravens are a better team and they're at home nuff said.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey! Punisher! Did you see the team won a game yesterday?

vancejohnson82
10-04-2010, 02:58 PM

we probably shouldnt even travel out there then, i guess....

Punisher
10-04-2010, 03:00 PM
we probably shouldnt even travel out there then, i guess....

I mean we have a shot but they have a really good front 7 like really good

crawdad
10-04-2010, 03:01 PM

Better at what?

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-04-2010, 03:03 PM
That Titans front 7 was pretty good and it showed.

Punisher
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Better at what?

Everything But QB and O-line i think Orton has a slight edge on Flacco

Punisher
10-04-2010, 03:06 PM
That Titans front 7 was pretty good and it showed.

One word mediocre

tsiguy96
10-04-2010, 03:08 PM
punisher...you realize you are on the same level as jhns right?

Punisher
10-04-2010, 03:09 PM
punisher...you realize you are on the same level as jhns right?

Nope im smarter and have a bigger dick

underrated29
10-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Translation: I didn't watch the Titans game but figured I'd post some bull**** anyway.

Translation is watch the game completely, especially when the blitz is on.

So lets have a look shall we.....
first series indy game...they blitz 2x iirc...we three and out.

2nd possesion of the 3rd qtr. Kyle gets pressured, sack, 2nd down, pressure, dump off pass short- incomplete. 3rd down. Indy brings pressure again, short dump off pass, also off target incomplete.

With a minute left in the game we go for it on 4th down. Blitz is coming, horrible pass to DT behind him and short.

last game- First series 3 and out. pressure all over him. Result bad throws and a punt.

Second possesion- after getting the first down, and a run on the new first down. Titans bring the heat- sack. 3rd down, they bring the heat, and a sack again.

3rd possesion I believe, run on first for nothing. Second down short pass-escape pressure. 3rd down- sacked and punt

2nd quarter- titans bring the heat (2nd possesion i think) and kyle makes a quick throw and verner almost picks it off.

And there are more.

Point is- When Kyle has the time, he will burn the defense and roll. When he gets pressure and sees it coming, he struggles big time. So once again, if the ravens keep kyle from standing in the pocket he is going to have bad game.

Next time perhaps you should watch the games instead of typing because you suck at being a dick, but sucking Dick.....?;)

vancejohnson82
10-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Translation is watch the game completely, especially when the blitz is on.

So lets have a look shall we.....
first series indy game...they blitz 2x iirc...we three and out.

2nd possesion of the 3rd qtr. Kyle gets pressured, sack, 2nd down, pressure, dump off pass short- incomplete. 3rd down. Indy brings pressure again, short dump off pass, also off target incomplete.

With a minute left in the game we go for it on 4th down. Blitz is coming, horrible pass to DT behind him and short.

last game- First series 3 and out. pressure all over him. Result bad throws and a punt.

Second possesion- after getting the first down, and a run on the new first down. Titans bring the heat- sack. 3rd down, they bring the heat, and a sack again.

3rd possesion I believe, run on first for nothing. Second down short pass-escape pressure. 3rd down- sacked and punt

2nd quarter- titans bring the heat (2nd possesion i think) and kyle makes a quick throw and verner almost picks it off.

And there are more.

Point is- When Kyle has the time, he will burn the defense and roll. When he gets pressure and sees it coming, he struggles big time. So once again, if the ravens keep kyle from standing in the pocket he is going to have bad game.

Next time perhaps you should watch the games instead of typing because you suck at being a dick, but sucking Dick.....?;)

wow...the first three possessions.....but you know why the game has 4 quarters? so the coaches and players can adapt...we started expanding the screen game and the short over the middle throws, and knocked their blitz game off rhythm...then orton got into a flow for the next 3 quarters...and when the pressure came he made his quick reads

underrated29
10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
wow...the first three possessions.....but you know why the game has 4 quarters? so the coaches and players can adapt...we started expanding the screen game and the short over the middle throws, and knocked their blitz game off rhythm...then orton got into a flow for the next 3 quarters...and when the pressure came he made his quick reads

you did not read my full post nor watch the game then.

Regardless, it is pretty simple. Not sure why you guys are not getting it. Kyle folds faster underpressure than most. Sure he can stick with it, and the coaches can adjust the game with quick hits and screens. Which is exactly what I said we might have to do in my first post. because it negates their pressure and also lets kyle do his thing. But when the heat is on he struggles most. Baltimore can really bring the heat. We can take them as long as we give kyle more than 2 seconds to throw. If he has normal time even 3 seconds he will chew them apart, but if he is hurried he gets knocked off his game we are in trouble. Really is not hard to see.

Mogulseeker
10-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Punisher, are you drunk right now?

lostknight
10-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Orton in Josh's system would have handled what the Giants did to Cutler last night too.

Not unless he brought the o-line and the receivers as well.

55CrushEm
10-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Nope im smarter and have a bigger dick

Ha!

Look everyone! Drama Queen made a funny!!

WolfpackGuy
10-04-2010, 04:37 PM

their knowledge of the NFL outside of the AFC North is limited to the Pats, Colts, and the Jets.

i don't think you could get an intelligent conversation out of any of them about the Broncos, Sparklers, Chefs, or Raiduhs.

they only know what ESPN tells them. and they can only remember half of that correctly.

This

Most are former Skins fans, so that explains a lot.

Jetmeck
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM
There secondary hasn't even been tested lol.

Wallace
Sanchez
Palmer
Batch

'nuff said.

Damn good point

Archer81
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
If Denver runs for 250 I am going to laugh ever so hard.

:Broncos:

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
one thing everyone needs to know, so there is no confusion: kyle orton is a much better QB than joe flacco. at this point, its not close.

tsiguy96
10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Denver is NOT going to be slinging the ball on us. Not even Peyton Manning can do that anymore. Orton won't crack 250 yards on us which means Denver's offense as a whole won't crack 260 yards on us.

We need to get the run going in this game. Dominant TOP through the Run game. Let's not give Orton the chance to have a big game.

On D we need to get pressure. If they consistently pick up our blitzers, we're screwed because there will be an open man and Orton's been hitting that guy all season long.

1) Run the Ball control TOP
2) Get Pressure on Orton, especially with 3 & 4 rushers.
3) Stop losing the turnover battle!

^ this happens, broncos lose, no question.

If Orton is going to be throwing the ball a lot, and using multiple WR sets, he'll be done by halftime.

^ one thing i have a problem with, ravens fans are convinced that, since we HAVE to throw the ball, it means we wont be successful at it. thats such crazy thinking. is it impossible to line up against the ravens D and be successful throwing the ball, when they know its likely to come? no, not at all. its harder than most teams, but with the proficiency this team has in teh passing game, who is to say that orton isnt gonna throw for 350 yards again, especially given their questionable secondary?

If you can magically pull out a running game, plus have the O Line to protect Orton, you have a shot, other than that, I can't imagine the Broncos having a legitimate shot at winning this one.

mhmm....

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-05-2010, 01:37 PM
The passing game is the Broncos bread and butter. Why wouldn't they go with their specialty? Of course they're going to pass. Is that necessarily detrimental to their chances?

Gort
10-05-2010, 01:48 PM
^ this happens, broncos lose, no question.

^ one thing i have a problem with, ravens fans are convinced that, since we HAVE to throw the ball, it means we wont be successful at it. thats such crazy thinking. is it impossible to line up against the ravens D and be successful throwing the ball, when they know its likely to come? no, not at all. its harder than most teams, but with the proficiency this team has in teh passing game, who is to say that orton isnt gonna throw for 350 yards again, especially given their questionable secondary?

mhmm....

you can kill alot of brain cells trying to understand Ratbird fans.

paraphrasing the best quote from the 1992 Last of the Mohicans movie:

"i am warning you about them. do not try to understand them. do not try to make them understand you. that is because they are a breed apart and make no sense."

seriously, you'd have better luck translating your farts to Latin after a burrito dinner from Taco Bell, than trying to comprehend the stupidity that passes for football knowledge amongst typical Ratbird fans.

BroncosSR
10-05-2010, 02:07 PM
I was at the game when they ended John Mobley's career. Ever since then, I can't stand the Ravens...

Rock Chalk
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I think Baltimore is over-rated.

They cant run, they cant pass, their defense is good but no longer great.

BUT they have our number and its in their house.

Rohirrim
10-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I just hope we go hurry up for the whole first quarter and run those fat bastards out of gas.

baja
10-06-2010, 01:55 AM
I think Baltimore is over-rated.

They cant run, they cant pass, their defense is good but no longer great.

BUT they have our number and its in their house.

That number business is has an end to it. This team is so different than the teams that lost to the ratbirds. We are a much more physical team than those pampered nancy teams that Shanny fielded and the half complete team that played them last season. I don't know who is going to win the game but I'll bet the ratbirds will damn well know they were in a game unlike the pushovers of years past.

broncocalijohn
10-06-2010, 02:18 AM

To be fair, you couldnt get an intelligent conversation with Raiders or Chiefs fans.

ZONA
10-06-2010, 02:32 AM
I think this is game where that we will be able to use as a bench mark for the rest of the season and going into next. Josh want's this team to be more physical all around, offense defense and special teams. It's going to be good to see just how physical we are. In years past, the Broncos were not a very physical team at all and the Ravens pushed us around pretty good.

I like our chances but only if we can somehow put up some better yards in the run game. We're going to be able to throw the ball, that's a given. Even if they sack Orton a few times, he is still going to pass for 250+.

I also think we need to win the turnover battle to get this one on the road.

NYBronc
10-06-2010, 06:32 AM
There are actually a number of pretty good posts on the Ravens-side.

Like this one.

<i>"These are just rankings after 4 games. They are all skewed in one way or another.

Jaguars 30th against the pass - Faced Vick, Rivers, Orton and Manning (nuff said)
Seattle 29th against the pass - Rivers threw for 455 yards against them. Rivers threw for 436 against us last year which skewed our passing D stats early on.
Titans 13th against the pass - Legit
Indy 15th against the pass - Legit

Ravens - Sanchez w/ training wheels, Sour Palmer, Backup QB, Backup QB. Not saying our corners haven't looked good, but it's hard to compare when looking at stat rankings after 4 weeks.

If you don't think Orton and that crew of WRs are legitimate. Then be prepared to be surprised. To me those are just skewed rankings after 4 games. Not enough data to prove a conclusion."

Hajisan
10-06-2010, 07:01 AM
i root for the O's.

Snitch.

tsiguy96
10-06-2010, 07:28 AM
The only way I see Denver winning this would be for them to beat us on the ground, and force some turnovers, because I will take Flacco/Boldin/Mason/Housh/Heap over Orton/Royal/Lloyd/et al any day of the week. And that scenario is very unlikely, given Denver's problems running and our normally stout run defense.

do these people even watch the games anymore? or just go on what they hear and reputation?

in general, these people are convinced they have better WR and QB, and a better secondary. their secondary is awful, they have good pass defense because their front seven doesnt allow time to pass the ball. anquan, mason, housh are good/great WR, but teh last 2 are like 35 and 36 years old, i would take DT over all of them, hell probably eddie royal too.

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2010, 09:14 AM
If the Broncos can go into baltimore and win this game, it will be huge, perhaps McD's biggest win so far as the HC of the Broncos.

bowtown
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
If the Broncos can go into baltimore and win this game, it will be huge, perhaps McD's biggest win so far as the HC of the Broncos.

Worthy of a couple fist pumps?

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Worthy of a couple fist pumps?

all he's trying to do is win a motherfuggingame...

houghtam
10-06-2010, 09:45 AM

Well when you make the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years, you generally gain some knowledge about other teams that also made the playoffs, i.e., not the Raiders, Broncos, or Chiefs.

This game is going to be a tough one. The Ravens secondary is better than people think. Add in the fact that this is at Baltimore where we always struggle, and we're going to need to play perfectly to win the game. Being physical just isn't going to be enough. As much as I like this team, its coach, and the way they do things, they haven't shown they can play flawless football yet.

Rock Chalk
10-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Well when you make the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years, you generally gain some knowledge about other teams that also made the playoffs, i.e., not the Raiders, Broncos, or Chiefs.

This game is going to be a tough one. The Ravens secondary is better than people think. Add in the fact that this is at Baltimore where we always struggle, and we're going to need to play perfectly to win the game. Being physical just isn't going to be enough. As much as I like this team, its coach, and the way they do things, they haven't shown they can play flawless football yet.

No, the Ravens secondary isnt better than people think.

They have played exactly 0 top 10 QBs (this year).

Sanchez only attmpted 21 passes total and nothing more than 10 yards down field. They didnt take the gloves off in that game.

Palmer has looked like dog **** all year.

Seneca Wallace, really?

Charlie Batch. Dude is older than a dinosaur at this point and he only attempted 21 passes. In fact, they have not faced a passing offense yet and the QBs they have faced have looked for the most part, extremely sub par this year.

Orton can light them up. No way they get better penetration than Tennessee did and more pressure.

55CrushEm
10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
No way they get better penetration than Tennessee did and more pressure.

Not sure about this.....but I sure hope you're right.

Rock Chalk
10-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Not sure about this.....but I sure hope you're right.

Tenn was getting insane penetration because they were offsides on nearly every ****ing call and as others have mentioned, were freaking holding on every play.

Check the tape, on the few plays that Tenn WASNT offsides or jumped quick, the protection held up.

Walton is a culprit on this as it is apparent he had some tell Tennessee saw on tape, and this is likely to get corrected this week. Plus with the focus they put on protection this week I can assure you the Ratbirds will not get as serious pressure as tennessee did.

Orton was sacked 6 times but he was also hit TWELVE MORE times. Thats insane and will not happen this week.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Tenn was getting insane penetration because they were offsides on nearly every ****ing call and as others have mentioned, were freaking holding on every play.

Check the tape, on the few plays that Tenn WASNT offsides or jumped quick, the protection held up.

Walton is a culprit on this as it is apparent he had some tell Tennessee saw on tape, and this is likely to get corrected this week. Plus with the focus they put on protection this week I can assure you the Ratbirds will not get as serious pressure as tennessee did.

Orton was sacked 6 times but he was also hit TWELVE MORE times. Thats insane and will not happen this week.

No dude... I was all because Daniels is teh sux. Derp de derrrp. Didn't you get the memo?

Spider
10-06-2010, 10:38 AM
no doubt the Ratbirds will be tough , and no run game ..... serious questions if our Pass offense can beat their Defense , but on the same hand , can their offense beat our defense ?
we played the colts well , defended Tenn lights out , Should be a great game ....... PS **** the Ratbirds .... ;D

HILife
10-06-2010, 10:47 AM
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/27010-denver-week-5/

interesting stuff. these are always fun to read how others perceive the team, and often times how completely wrong it is.

lol. yea hes the only good WR...

colts were 2nd in pass D until denver played them. there is multiple other comments about how the passing game is inflated cuz they havent played anyone...i guess putting up 800+ combined yards against colts and titans doesnt count. the reason their pass D rankings are so low is BECAUSE orton lit them up.

lol

fair point, and very possible.

true dat.

The first three are ****ing idiots. The last two make a good point, espicially about the running game causing problems.

driver
10-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Points to you for not referncing anything homosexual

I agree 100 percent keep all ref to homosexual practices in the ravens locker room out of this thread. ROFL!

BroncosinDC
10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
I hate Baltimore
-The Ratbirds
-The Idiots with bedazzled t-shirts
-The white trash fans
-The pompous arrogance
-The traffic
-The Pollution
-The corruption
-Baltimore is one hospital away from being Pittsburg (a broke ass town that used to have industry)
-The love for Natty Boh, that isn't even made in Maryland anymore
.....etc

Baltimore sucks ass, the people for the most part suck ass
They claim to be fans...10 years does not a fan make. I'm tired of explaining to idiots I was raised a Broncos fan, my father is a Broncos fan, my Grandfather was a Broncos fan. I'm not switching because I ended up in this piss ant **** hole of a town.

I've been to a lot of road games in my life, Baltimore is the only town I've had a bad interaction in...and I was wearing a ****ing Ravens jersey (Raiders v. Ravens, Broncos bye week...I did like the Ravens that week).

Ravens fans are idiots...I remember as a kid Denver being a ghost town during games. I'll go to the grocery store in Baltimore during a Ravens game to pick up food for the Broncos game later and it will be packed...with idiots in Ravens jerseys.

**** Baltimore and its rats...and the ratbird team they have.

Gort
10-06-2010, 11:07 AM

my problem is not so much with the Ravens themselves. they are a much better team since they got rid of Billick.

but the Ravens fanbase are some of the most knee jerk homers in the whole league. not all of them. but alot of them. they see some idiot on ESPN say something dismissive about the Broncos, and all of the sudden, that is "proof" that the Broncos are a lousy team not to be taken seriously. i hated that attitude last year when the Broncos showed up there sporting a 6-0 record and then got pounded because McD didn't have the team properly prepared. that started the 2009 slide for the Broncos and also made those knuckledraggers in Ratbird Nation believe that they were "informed" fans. they are not. they know the AFC North and that's about it. the old Baltimore Colts fans understood the game and the the history of the team/league. the Ravens fans are not the same. they are myopic and they know alot less about the rest of the league than they think they do. i don't mind the effete fans that Sandy Eggo and SF have... those aren't real fans. they come and go as the team does well or poorly. i wouldn't expect them to know much about their teams or the rest of the league. but dumb diehards like those in Ratbird Nation really annoy me. i can't help it. just read their message boards. they have no clue about the Broncos but are still 100% certain that the Ravens will win by 2+ TDs simply by showing up.

Rock Chalk
10-06-2010, 11:10 AM
No dude... I was all because Daniels is teh sux. Derp de derrrp. Didn't you get the memo?

Daniels does suck. Get over it.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Daniels does suck. Get over it.

Maybe so, but he had a better game than the other two interior linemen.

Kaylore
10-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I think the Ravens fans make good points. Orton has beat up on some crappy pass defenses with the exception of the Titans. It will be interesting to see if the Ravens bring him smashing back to earth.

houghtam
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I think the Ravens fans make good points. Orton has beat up on some crappy pass defenses with the exception of the Titans. It will be interesting to see if the Ravens bring him smashing back to earth.

This.

You can only beat who you play. Saying that Orton is going to "light them up" based on his performance so far this year is just as ignorant as saying their defense is suspect because they haven't played anyone.

Sure, they haven't played anyone, but they played defense extraordinarily well against who they DID play, and that's all you can ask. At best, their defense is a question mark at this point. At worst? It could be a long day for us if we don't get the running game going early.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of stats does Orton have to put up for it to qualify as "lighting them up"?

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I hate Baltimore
-The Ratbirds
-The Idiots with bedazzled t-shirts
-The white trash fans
-The pompous arrogance
-The traffic
-The Pollution
-The corruption
-Baltimore is one hospital away from being Pittsburg (a broke ass town that used to have industry)
.....etc

Baltimore sucks ass, the people for the most part suck ass
They claim to be fans...10 years does not a fan make. I'm tired of explaining to idiots I was raised a Broncos fan, my father is a Broncos fan, my Grandfather was a Broncos fan. I'm not switching because I ended up in this piss ant **** hole of a town.

I've been to a lot of road games in my life, Baltimore is the only town I've had a bad interaction in...and I was wearing a ****ing Ravens jersey (Raiders v. Ravens, Broncos bye week...I did like the Ravens that week).

Ravens fans are idiots...I remember as a kid Denver being a ghost town during games. I'll go to the grocery store in Baltimore during a Ravens game to pick up food for the Broncos game later and it will be packed...with idiots in Ravens jerseys.

**** Baltimore and its rats...and the ratbird team they have.

Baltimore fans don't realize their team plays in Indy and Cleveland fans don't realize their team plays in Baltimore. Both fan bases think they are great but the fact is they got schooled by owners who said "I'm getting the fug outta here now!"

Gort
10-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Baltimore fans don't realize their team plays in Indy and Cleveland fans don't realize their team plays in Baltimore. Both fan bases think they are great but the fact is they got schooled by owners who said "I'm getting the fug outta here now!"

if you look into the whole history of Irsay and the Baltimore Colts, it really is a tragedy. it wasn't a case of an owner wanting to stay but not being able to compete without a new stadium (as with Modell), but more of a despicable owner, never really wanting to stay, escaping at the first opportunity and pushed into action by parochial machine politicians who believed they were entitled to confiscate the personal property of the owner if they decided not to negotiate with him in good faith. Baltimore politics is 1-party, old-school machine "you rub my back and i'll rub yours" politics. Nancy Pelosi is the offspring of that political system. her father was a former mayor of Baltimore. it never occurred to them that Irsay could just pick up and leave, until it was too late to stop him. and Irsay was a drunk lawyer, from Chicago, who would get drunk at games and call down to his coach and tell him which plays he wanted run. he didn't want a team in Baltimore. many suspect he always wanted to move it to Chicago (Indy is close enough) when he obtained the Colts in trade with Rosenbloom. the whole relationship was doomed from the beginning. the fans paid the price. the Colts should never have been allowed to leave. the league should have stopped it. i'm still shaking my head in disgust about that one... it's not as if Irsay was the founding owner. he was a "johnny come lately owner" to a storied franchise that was LOVED by its city. the team belonged there. the decent thing to do would have been to have left the name and colors behind and started a new identity in Indy. he didn't do the decent thing. Irsay never in his life did the decent thing. even his mom was quoted as calling her son the "devil". Browns fans got a new team. with the same name and same uniforms. Baltimore Colts fans had nowhere to go. either embrace the new "thugs" on the block (the Ravens) or just stop following the NFL altogether. alot of them took the latter option.

Rock Chalk
10-06-2010, 01:18 PM

Sure, but then they fail to apply the same logic to their own team. Their defense has stopped some crappy offenses. Big ****ing deal.

WolfpackGuy
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I hate Baltimore

Ugh, the Nasty Boh.

Don't forget the purple camouflage pants.

Hulamau
10-06-2010, 05:32 PM

Amen Alec, some of these guys must watch the game through blinders! One of the most impressive things of the last two weeks was Orton's consistency in spite of zero running game and against the terrbile protection of our OLine in the Titans game .. in the first half in particular ... and with 6 sacks for the game.

He never lost his composure ala Gutless against the Giants. Spread the ball around again which on film presents a major headache for putting together opposing defensive game plans.

And he did get solid protection against Seattle who had rushed rough shod over Smith and San Fran in week one and also had great protection stopping Mathis and Freeney.

Last week was an aberation with Harris just back and the guys were simply out of sync at first with the Titan thugs lining up under their arses before the snap.

Can imagine they will be much better prepared for this week after last weeks OLine debacle .. and still Orton didnt miss a beat!

For anyone with an ounces of vision and common sense that speaks volumes about the improvement in ORton and the WR corps play versus last year.

Now if we can just manifest a moderately reliable run game (and improved ST coverage) we could well become a genuinely dangerous team by years end!

Chris
10-06-2010, 05:50 PM
if you look into the whole history of Irsay and the Baltimore Colts, it really is a tragedy. it wasn't a case of an owner wanting to stay but not being able to compete without a new stadium (as with Modell), but more of a despicable owner, never really wanting to stay, escaping at the first opportunity and pushed into action by parochial machine politicians who believed they were entitled to confiscate the personal property of the owner if they decided not to negotiate with him in good faith. Baltimore politics is 1-party, old-school machine "you rub my back and i'll rub yours" politics. Nancy Pelosi is the offspring of that political system. her father was a former mayor of Baltimore. it never occurred to them that Irsay could just pick up and leave, until it was too late to stop him. and Irsay was a drunk lawyer, from Chicago, who would get drunk at games and call down to his coach and tell him which plays he wanted run. he didn't want a team in Baltimore. many suspect he always wanted to move it to Chicago (Indy is close enough) when he obtained the Colts in trade with Rosenbloom. the whole relationship was doomed from the beginning. the fans paid the price. the Colts should never have been allowed to leave. the league should have stopped it. i'm still shaking my head in disgust about that one... it's not as if Irsay was the founding owner. he was a "johnny come lately owner" to a storied franchise that was LOVED by its city. the team belonged there. the decent thing to do would have been to have left the name and colors behind and started a new identity in Indy. he didn't do the decent thing. Irsay never in his life did the decent thing. even his mom was quoted as calling her son the "devil". Browns fans got a new team. with the same name and same uniforms. Baltimore Colts fans had nowhere to go. either embrace the new "thugs" on the block (the Ravens) or just stop following the NFL altogether. alot of them took the latter option.

Great post but how bout some paragraphs man?

gunns
10-06-2010, 06:43 PM
understatement of the year.

tell me who wins: JD walton or haloti ngata.
LOL

I'd put my money on Ngata. Very underrated and he plays a variety of positions. I've met the dude, he was at my house with his brother and my daughter. Walked by my den, he was sitting at the computer, all I saw was this mass of human being. HUGE. I was a little worried about my computer chair. A very nice young man but he was disappointed in my Bronco decor. I told him when his contract is up, get with the right team, the Broncos.

broncogary
10-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd put my money on Ngata. Very underrated and he plays a variety of positions. I've met the dude, he was at my house with his brother and my daughter. Walked by my den, he was sitting at the computer, all I saw was this mass of human being. HUGE. I was a little worried about my computer chair. A very nice young man but he was disappointed in my Bronco decor. I told him when his contract is up, get with the right team, the Broncos.

Way to give it up for the team. :wiggle:

tsiguy96
10-06-2010, 08:17 PM

i was kidding. ngata might be the most destructive DT in the NFL, walton is a rookie center whos playing about as good as a rookie 3rd rounder can play, but it still is what it is.

Hamrob
10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
This is going to be alot like the Titans game. Their front 7 is what we need to be worried about. There secondary...is well, secondary. Orton will continue to connect with our WR's if our Oline can give him enought time. I don't see us running the ball very well...with or with out Mike Bell...I mean Moreno.

houghtam
10-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Man Orton sure is lighting up this unproven Baltimore secondary who hasn't played anyone yet.

No, the Ravens secondary isnt better than people think.

They have played exactly 0 top 10 QBs (this year).

Sanchez only attmpted 21 passes total and nothing more than 10 yards down field. They didnt take the gloves off in that game.

Palmer has looked like dog **** all year.

Seneca Wallace, really?

Charlie Batch. Dude is older than a dinosaur at this point and he only attempted 21 passes. In fact, they have not faced a passing offense yet and the QBs they have faced have looked for the most part, extremely sub par this year.

Orton can light them up. No way they get better penetration than Tennessee did and more pressure.