PDA

View Full Version : Final Tally for Cutler: Orton, Ayers, DT, and Quinn. Would you do it again?

bronco0608
10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
The final tally for Cutler broke down as this right:

Jay Cutler and Johhny Knox (5th round pick) and our 3rd round 2009 pick (because we traded Chicago's 3rd round and our 3rd round to move up to the 2nd round) for

1) Kyle Orton

2) Robert Ayers

3) Demariyius Thomas (we traded down from Chicago's 12th overall pick to 22)

and

4) Richard Quinn

Would you do this deal over again? And is this tally correct?

boppool
10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
I'd take Orton 4 ****ler straight up!!!

gyldenlove
10-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, I am going to assume that Cutler could match what Orton is doing given the circumstances and I think DT is better than Knox based on limited evidence, so it really comes down to, do I want a really good young OLB and a bench warmer TE for free?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/ohhellsyeah.gif

bronco0608
10-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, I am going to assume that Cutler could match what Orton is doing given the circumstances and I think DT is better than Knox based on limited evidence, so it really comes down to, do I want a really good young OLB and a bench warmer TE for free?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/ohhellsyeah.gif

I doubt Cutler would be making the right calls on the line like Orton is and Cutler throwing 50 times a game? He would have 11 ints by now. This offense was never for Cutler and never will be.

go_broncos
10-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I selected wrong option.................yes..i will do the trade again..
CUTLER Sucks..

WolfpackGuy
10-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Give me Mike Wallace for Quinn and call me in the morning.

BroncoMan4ever
10-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I doubt Cutler would be making the right calls on the line like Orton is and Cutler throwing 50 times a game? He would have 11 ints by now. This offense was never for Cutler and never will be.

agreed, under the pressure Orton faced today Cutler would have had 3 INTs and Denver would have lost by double digits.

Steve Sewell
10-03-2010, 08:02 PM
ROFL look who the lone "no" is Hilarious!

Punisher
10-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm on board with Orton but i would of never traded Marshall

go_broncos
10-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Before someone started blaming me..i selected wrong option..
Cutler is a punk..

BroncoMan4ever
10-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm on board with Orton but i would of never traded Marshall

**** Marshall!

Brandon Lloyd 25 receptions 454 yards a TD and leading the league in YPC average
Eddie Royal 25 receptions for 299 yards and 2 TDs
Gaffney 22 receptions for 230 yards and a TD
Bay Bay 11 receptions for 149 yards and a TD also looks to be a badass return man

TheProfessor
10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
As a general rule, I still would not trade a 27 year old QB with Cutlers skill set who was coming off his first pro-bowl appearance.

Having said that, so far so good.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-03-2010, 08:25 PM
The final tally for Cutler broke down as this right:

Jay Cutler and Johhny Knox (5th round pick) and our 3rd round 2009 pick (because we traded Chicago's 3rd round and our 3rd round to move up to the 2nd round) for

1) Kyle Orton

2) Robert Ayers

3) Demariyius Thomas (we traded down from Chicago's 12th overall pick to 22)

and

4) Richard Quinn

Would you do this deal over again? And is this tally correct?

The final tally is:

Orton
Ayers
Thomas
Decker
Part of Quinn
Part of Tebow

Jesterhole
10-03-2010, 09:04 PM
One good thing about McDaniels is his ability to coach QB's. I think he can actually elevate their play, and has shown that with both Cassel and Orton.

I think Cutler would be playing lights out with McDaneils as his coach. I'm happy with what Orton is doing, but Jay has better mobility and a much better arm.

listopencil
10-03-2010, 09:11 PM
One good thing about McDaniels is his ability to coach QB's. I think he can actually elevate their play, and has shown that with both Cassel and Orton.

I think Cutler would be playing lights out with McDaneils as his coach. I'm happy with what Orton is doing, but Jay has better mobility and a much better arm.

After seeing Cutler play for the Broncos, and watching him tonight trying to run Mike Martz's Offense...I don't know if Cutler is mentally capable of doing what Orton does.

kappys
10-04-2010, 02:10 AM
After seeing Cutler play for the Broncos, and watching him tonight trying to run Mike Martz's Offense...I don't know if Cutler is mentally capable of doing what Orton does.

I agree - he would fail in a pass 50 times offense. I think Shanny got the most out of him with his run first play action offense that ultimately limits Cutler's reads yet allows him to use his physical talents to really stretch the field. Unfortunately we just weren't effective enough running the ball to make it happen plus our defense kept putting us behind. Once we were behind and Cutler had to spread the field with multiple targets to try and catch up then the INT machine entered into form.

fontaine
10-04-2010, 02:58 AM
I think you're asking the wrong people.

Just go ask Cutler and his agent.

Given the passing offense for Denver would Cutler rather be here instead of pussying his way out of Denver?

But then again, why the **** would we want him here?