PDA

View Full Version : The Official Go Get Logan Mankins Thread

montrose
10-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Do it Josh, Stanley Daniels is beyond awful.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0813/bos_g_mankins_300.jpg

Broncosfreak_56
10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Or start beadles at lg again.

WolfpackGuy
10-03-2010, 06:54 PM
What's the over/under on first round picks sent in exchange?

Hercules Rockefeller
10-03-2010, 06:54 PM
How about no? Put Beadles in.

TheProfessor
10-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Or start beadles at lg again.

I was surprised to see Daniels still at guard with Beadles no longer starting at RT.

Mogulseeker
10-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I was surprised to see Daniels still at guard with Beadles no longer starting at RT.

True

WABronco
10-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Ya Daniels didn't look so hot today.

gyldenlove

I think they want to avoid changing the line around too much, so I think they kept Beadles at hand if Harris needed a break or if his injury flares up again. I think once Harris is established back at RT, Beadles will slide to LG.

misturanderson
What's the over/under on first round picks sent in exchange?

I think a 1 would more than suffice. He's worn out his welcome there, You could probably get him for less than a 1 if you wait a little while.

broncosteven
Can we trade Voltron for Mankins?

Harvitz81
10-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I hope to god to not see Daniels at LG next week. Mankins is too expensive to get. Put Beadles in there - that is what you drafted him for.

ColoradoDarin
10-03-2010, 07:05 PM
We will not see Beadles at LG until we know that Harris is completely healthy and back to form. No way we were playing Beadles at LG in this game.

BroncoMan4ever
10-03-2010, 07:38 PM

i think it has to do with getting him re-acclimated to playing inside at Guard again as opposed to Tackle.

needs a few practices to get back into the swing of things at the position. can't just throw him out in a new position, probably wouldn't have looked any better than Daniels if that was the situation

eddie mac
10-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Bowlen should put a trading ban on McDaniels permanently.

extralife
10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
man, I'd totally trade a second for Mankins if we felt like paying him.

Bronco Boy
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
God Stanley Daniels is horrible. What a turd.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-03-2010, 08:54 PM
This team is one Belichick castoff away from being legit. We're almost there.

broncosteven
10-04-2010, 09:58 AM

I think he has potential, as do Walton and Beadles, they are 4 games into their starting careers.

It would really help them out of the RB's had better vision and were hitting the holes rather than running behind the linemen, putting their hand on their backs and waiting for a hole to open while the OL is struggling to keep his man off the RB.

Buck is the only one on the team who will hit a hole with authority and not dance around or run to the sideline. If nothing is there Buck will try to move the pile.

I think if they mixed up the run plays and tryed a reverse or end run misdirection early to get the D from crashing the line things would get workable.

This team is not where the 1960 packers were running the packer sweep.

TonyR
10-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Buck is the only one on the team who will hit a hole with authority and not dance around or run to the sideline.

Maybe, but his 27 carries for 49 yards on the season show that the OL play isn't doing him any favors either.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-04-2010, 10:04 AM

Daniels was not the problem yesterday. If you truly believe so, you didn't really watch. Of all the interior guys, Daniles struggled the least.

Tombstone RJ
10-04-2010, 10:07 AM
JD Walton got abused too...

Dr. Broncenstein
10-04-2010, 10:09 AM
JD Walton got abused too...

Much more so than did Daniels. Kuper too.

TheProfessor
10-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Everyone is either new or injured. It's just a mess right now.

and FWIW I don't think kupers ankle is anywhere near healed.

gyldenlove
10-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Daniels was not the problem yesterday. If you truly believe so, you didn't really watch. Of all the interior guys, Daniles struggled the least.

Daniels was Cladys problem, Clady has no confidence in him and his play suffers for it. Walton got abused on run plays, but on passing downs Daniels had too many plays of not doing the right thing and on several of the sacks he is just standing around instead of trying to throw a block or a cut.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Daniels was Cladys problem, Clady has no confidence in him and his play suffers for it. Walton got abused on run plays, but on passing downs Daniels had too many plays of not doing the right thing and on several of the sacks he is just standing around instead of trying to throw a block or a cut.

Bullshiat. I re-watched every single play with every single lineman. Daniels was maybe responisble for one sack, and it's a tossup between him / Watlon / and Orton not checking down to Buckhalter.

zdoor
10-04-2010, 10:45 AM
This team is one Belichick castoff away from being legit. We're almost there.

Hilarious!

Broncos_OTM
10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I think he has potential, as do Walton and Beadles, they are 4 games into their starting careers.

It would really help them out of the RB's had better vision and were hitting the holes rather than running behind the linemen, putting their hand on their backs and waiting for a hole to open while the OL is struggling to keep his man off the RB.

Buck is the only one on the team who will hit a hole with authority and not dance around or run to the sideline. If nothing is there Buck will try to move the pile.

I think if they mixed up the run plays and tryed a reverse or end run misdirection early to get the D from crashing the line things would get workable.

This team is not where the 1960 packers were running the packer sweep.

While our running backs do suck. i would say about 90% of the problems is the o line

Dr. Broncenstein
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM
While our running backs do suck. i would say about 90% of the problems is the o line

And you would be wrong. Well... 90% wrong.

broncosteven
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM

I think 60% is playcalling
30% depth/injuries

Even duh bears out ran us and their OL spent most of the game on the ground.

The best run I remember was the handoff out of the gun. There was a plenty big lane and Buck hit it well.

We fail at run blocking out of the jumbo 3TE (2TE extra OL) set and the 3 wide set that Dr B. pointed out.

We they ran out of a different set where the DL/front7 could not crash down the line they had success.

If we had better play design with some misdirection I think our run game is serviceable. I give mCd props for not giving up on the run game, just give them a chance by being creative.

gyldenlove
10-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Bullshiat. I re-watched every single play with every single lineman. Daniels was maybe responisble for one sack, and it's a tossup between him / Watlon / and Orton not checking down to Buckhalter.

He was directly responsible for both holding calls on Clady and the sack on the stunt around Clady, Clady blocks in because Daniels isn't quick enough to engage and the player who is not blocking goes around Clady with Daniels looking like a tool.

Walton got beaten like a drum in the "run" game, no doubt about that.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-04-2010, 02:01 PM
He was directly responsible for both holding calls on Clady and the sack on the stunt around Clady, Clady blocks in because Daniels isn't quick enough to engage and the player who is not blocking goes around Clady with Daniels looking like a tool.

Walton got beaten like a drum in the "run" game, no doubt about that.

Clady was held by the defensive end on the stunt sack. Watch the defensive end stunt from inside out and pull Clady's outside arm with him. This allows the DT to stunt inside-out uncontested. The Titans did this all day long and got away with it. I believe on one of the holding calls, the same thing happened. Harris and Kuper were burned with the same technique.