PDA

View Full Version : Robert Ayers

The MVPlaya
10-03-2010, 02:42 PM
http://www.lolgifs.com/pictures/76783f942de3569.gif (http://www.lolgifs.com/image-1263)

Popps
10-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Word.

He had a great game. We've got a real player in him, folks. GOD help opposing defenses when Doom comes back healthy.

He's really turning into a complete player. He's not a premiere pass-rusher, but he does enough to be dangerous, and he's playing the run extremely well.

In fact, props to the run D once again this week.

No 100 yard rushers through 4 games.

Baba Booey
10-03-2010, 03:01 PM
He's gained a ton of confidence, you can tell.

After stopping CJ on one run to the right side for no gain he got up, and you could hear him yell something like "DON'T RUN THAT **** PLAY". Was laughing my ass off.

He's going to be a great piece of this defense moving forward.

Br0nc0Buster
10-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Ayers is a badass
he still has plenty of room to grow and improve, but right now I would say he is playing better than anyone on defense not named Champe Bailey and DJ Williams

Los Broncos
10-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Ayers is looking better and better, if he continues to improve and with a healthy Doom back next year we will be pretty good up front.

The whole defensive line played out of their minds today.

UberBroncoMan
10-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Ayers is looking better and better, if he continues to improve and with a healthy Doom back next year we will be pretty good up front.

The whole defensive line played out of their minds today.

We need to invest heavily in D-Line next year.

The MVPlaya
10-03-2010, 03:19 PM
We need to invest heavily in D-Line next year.

Not really. We signed Bannon and Williams and have a decent rotation.

We could obviously spend 1 pick, but to say we need to heavily invest is not accurate.

Kaylore
10-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Dude is ballin'.

Santa's gonna eat yo peen you keep hotlinking, MVPlaya.

ColoradoDarin
10-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Ayers is a beast, awesome against the run (significant improvement from last year to this), and good at pressuring the QB, though he doesn't yet get the sacks. He is going to be a force for years to come.

UberBroncoMan
10-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Not really. We signed Bannon and Williams and have a decent rotation.

We could obviously spend 1 pick, but to say we need to heavily invest is not accurate.

Look at their age. Look at the backups. I rest my case.

gyldenlove
10-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Word.

He had a great game. We've got a real player in him, folks. GOD help opposing defenses when Doom comes back healthy.

He's really turning into a complete player. He's not a premiere pass-rusher, but he does enough to be dangerous, and he's playing the run extremely well.

You could tell last year he wasn't mentally in the game, he had to see plays develope before he could react, this year he is firing off the line and making plays because he knows what is coming and has the confidence to attack while knowing he can make a play if he gets caught.

Ayers at SOLB and Dumervil at WOLB is a deadly duo, speed and power, if we can just find a stud DL in the middle this defensive front can be a top unit in the league.

Drek
10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Look at their age. Look at the backups. I rest my case.

McBean is a starter, he's in his mid-20's. Fields is the rotational NT, he's in his late 20's. Vickerson and Thomas are both starting to do good work and they're in their mid-20's as well.

What we need is one impact DL to put it all together. We've goth depth, young and old, and we can continue to add it each off-season and in the later rounds of the draft. But we really need an impact guy on the line to take this D to the next level.

BroncoMan4ever
10-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Word.

he isn't an elite pass rusher, but i believe paired with Doom(at full strength) he could easily be an 8-10 sack a season guy.

Mr.Meanie
10-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Ayers and Orton for Cutler is straight up trade-rape

Rock Chalk
10-03-2010, 07:20 PM

When you think about it like this, it truly is.

BroncoMan4ever
10-03-2010, 07:21 PM

agreed.

WolfpackGuy
10-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Not really his biggest fan, but Ayers has been solid in 2010.

He's about 170 degrees from last season.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-03-2010, 07:29 PM
He wasn't bad last year either, did a lot of things well that didn't necessarily show up in the box score.

Br0nc0Buster
10-03-2010, 07:32 PM

and then consider we still got Bay Bay and Decker along with ammo for the Tebow selection from that and it right now is looking like a good current trade for us with the potential to be amazing

HEAV
10-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Word.

Makes me hope for a season in 2011! Doom and Ayers on the field at the same time! Damn it's going to be on!

BroncoMan4ever
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
and then consider we still got Bay Bay and Decker along with ammo for the Tebow selection from that and it right now is looking like a good current trade for us with the potential to be amazing

once we get Bay Bay and Decker more involved in the offense we have quite possibly the deepest WR corps in the league counting 1-6 on the depth chart.

Does anyone really miss Marshall?

Conklin
10-03-2010, 07:45 PM
once we get Bay Bay and Decker more involved in the offense we have quite possibly the deepest WR corps in the league counting 1-6 on the depth chart.

who?

Bronco Boy
10-03-2010, 08:51 PM

I miss him. I don't like Colquitt thinking he has the punting job locked up.