PDA

View Full Version : No Moreno this week

ZONA
10-01-2010, 10:56 PM
per ESPN

Denver Broncos running backs Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) and Spencer Larsen (ankle) have been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans, coach Josh McDaniels said Friday.

Correll Buckhalter and Laurence Maroney will get most of the action in the Broncos' backfield. Moreno did not play in last Sunday's game, either, a 27-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Moreno, Denver's primary back, scored a touchdown in each of the Broncos' first two games this season, totaling 111 yards rushing on 39 carries.

Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard (hamstring) was ruled out by McDaniels earlier in the week. The coach has watched cornerback Andre' Goodman (quad) practice the past couple of days on a limited basis and expected that he will play.

Denver right tackle Ryan Harris (knee) also is expected to be back on the field in a starting role.

Taco John
10-01-2010, 11:08 PM
There goes 59 yards that we're going to have to somehow come up with.

broncocalijohn
10-01-2010, 11:18 PM

LOL! I think Moreno would have given us more than 59 but who knows with the line or Moreno himself. At least Harris is back. I noticed Larsen out with an injury. You know, we used to have a guy that probably could have filled in for Larsen. Im just sayin.....(again).

Aftermath
10-01-2010, 11:20 PM
shucks, there goes our rushing attack!!!!!!!

broncofan2438
10-01-2010, 11:38 PM
LOL! I think Moreno would have given us more than 59 but who knows with the line or Moreno himself. At least Harris is back. I noticed Larsen out with an injury. You know, we used to have a guy that probably could have filled in for Larsen. Im just sayin.....(again).

No ****. MCD really ****ed the pooch on that one. Hills is a beast

Zoobie
10-01-2010, 11:54 PM
No ****. MCD really ****ed the pooch on that one. Hills is a beast

Yea he really did **** a dog.

TomServo
10-02-2010, 02:23 AM
so who runs the moreno 1400 ticker? getting hurt in practice doesnt really endear moreno to the fans btw.

The Joker
10-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Moreno hasn't been wonderful or anything this season, but after seeing Maroney running the ball last week I'm not sure how anyone can see this as anything other than very bad news.

No, he's not a superstar and he probably never will be, but Moreno is by far and away the best RB on Denver's roster. Pretty certain he'd have got in the endzone last week on THAT series.

Watch the second down run again, absolutely awful job by Maroney.

Inkana7
10-02-2010, 06:48 AM

IF only we hadn't traded our backup FB!!

go_broncos
10-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Currently we can't trust 2 offensive player's(Harris and Moreno).
I know that Harris is playing this week..I will not be surprised if he gets injured again.
Moreno can never be an elite RB.
Need to draft a RB in this year's draft.

tsiguy96
10-02-2010, 07:34 AM
i hope maroney doesnt get to carry the ball. ive never seen a guy leave so much on the field because he wont run straight ahead. atleast get andre brown out there for a look see...

Bob's your Information Minister
10-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Maroney scares me more, anyway.

Gort
10-02-2010, 07:41 AM

yeah, but the good news is we'll have 23 carries to do it!

any truth to the rumor that Knowshon has filed to change his name to NoShow?

Gort
10-02-2010, 07:43 AM
i hope maroney doesnt get to carry the ball. ive never seen a guy leave so much on the field because he wont run straight ahead. atleast get andre brown out there for a look see...

you obviously never played those tabletop vibrating electric football games as a kid.

http://www.spookyshobbyshop.com/TEMPLATE%20ef%20den%20d%2073%20player.JPG

rbackfactory80
10-02-2010, 07:47 AM
No-show Moreno can't do it with a hoodie on.

CEH
10-02-2010, 07:54 AM
WTF is a "power running game" .

I have no idea because earlier this week McD said 25 carries a game and running down hill is not "our style of offense".

From the tone of this thread so far that is exactly what the fans are looking for.

NE had Cory Dillon for a couple years and Antoine Smith two bigger backs otherwise I see guys like Sammy Morris, Ben Jarvis, Maroney. Seems to me it's lunch pail guys you can draft in the 3rd round like a Shown Greene

Kevin Faulk is that the gold standard for a McD running attack?

Seriously what is McD trying to implement here from the RB position?

rbackfactory80
10-02-2010, 08:01 AM
WTF is a "power running game" .

I have no idea because earlier this week McD said 25 carries a game and running down hill is not "our style of offense".

From the tone of this thread so far that is exactly what the fans are looking for.

NE had Cory Dillon for a couple years and Antoine Smith two bigger backs otherwise I see guys like Sammy Morris, Ben Jarvis, Maroney. Seems to me it's lunch pail guys you can draft in the 3rd round like a Shown Greene

Kevin Faulk is that the gold standard for a McD running attack?

Seriously what is McD trying to implement here from the RB position?

This is a great post. What I expect from his running games is high yards per attempt due to the fact we are primarily a passing team. He will be happy when we pick up 5 with 3 wide receivers out wide or any other circumstance where we "fool the defense". Lining up and punching teams in the mouth will not be commonplace.

Beantown Bronco
10-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Currently we can't trust 2 offensive player's(Harris and Moreno)..

So, if your threshold for trust is only missing two games with injury, then I guess we can't trust 90% of the team.....including guys like Champ. Great logic there.

strafen
10-02-2010, 08:30 AM
i hope maroney doesnt get to carry the ball. ive never seen a guy leave so much on the field because he wont run straight ahead. atleast get andre brown out there for a look see...Maroney loves his sideline to sidelines runs.
He should be excellent at reverse plays... :D

strafen
10-02-2010, 08:32 AM
There goes 59 yards that we're going to have to somehow come up with.:spit: That's too funny!
That's hilarious, TJ. Funny stuff! :thumbsup: Ha!

strafen
10-02-2010, 08:33 AM
IF only we hadn't traded our backup FB!!The curse of Peyton Hillis, lives on...

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-02-2010, 08:47 AM
It almost seems too obvious with the formations from which they run. Watch Tennessee tomorrow - they'll get a good chunk of their yards from spreading out 3-wide and running out of that formation. Why not try the same or at least a delayed draw like Dallas runs all the time?

tsiguy96
10-02-2010, 08:51 AM
It almost seems too obvious with the formations from which they run. Watch Tennessee tomorrow - they'll get a good chunk of their yards from spreading out 3-wide and running out of that formation. Why not try the same or at least a delayed draw like Dallas runs all the time?

if denver ever runs a delayed draw again im gonna cry. in 2 years it hasnt worked. they tried it against indy.

Jesterhole
10-02-2010, 09:53 AM
I felt like Maroney had pretty good blocking on more than a few of his plays. If he had hit the hole he would have made some decent games. Instead, every time he approached the line, dude would slow down, put out his arm so he could push his blocker on the back, and not make a choice until there wasn't one to make.

I wasn't high on Moreno even when he was healthy. Now that he can't even make it to the field, he's approaching Tatum Bell territory.

broncswin
10-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Time to try Brown...let go of the Hillis thing...he is not coming back...it has to suck to hold on to all this shiat like some of you guys do

Popps
10-02-2010, 10:06 AM
I wonder if anyone has ever considered that backs may run sideways when there is nowhere to run forward?

I believe I heard that we've had no runs for losses this year? (Or very few.) That in and of itself would sort of negate the "sideways running" theory.

Again, to my eyes... it looks like our running plays are being stuffed at the LOS by a couple of guys, on a regular basis. I just don't see running lanes.

I know people need a villain, but take away Moreno and substitute most backs in the league... and I still believe we have running problems.

We've got line issues, folks. Pass-blocking looks good, run-blocking looks horrible.

HAT
10-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Time to try Brown...let go of the Hillis thing...he is not coming back...it has to suck to hold on to all this shiat like some of you guys do

Not to mention....Most of the guys still pining for Hillis are happy to have Tebow on the team which doesn't make sense because McD doesn't draft Tebow without Quinn on the roster.

Hillis was & is kind of fun to watch & I wish him well but I'd rather Tebow.

CEH
10-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Not to mention....Most of the guys still pining for Hillis are happy to have Tebow on the team which doesn't make sense because McD doesn't draft Tebow without Quinn on the roster.

I'd like to see some facts on this matter before I jump to the conclusion No Quinn No Tebow

I haven't seen anywhere except a messageboard that this is some kind of fact

Only fact I know is Simms was not going to be the #2 this year and the QB position was kinda wide open in March with Orton the current #1

WolfpackGuy
10-02-2010, 10:28 AM
I just don't see running lanes.

Neither do the Moreney brothers.

Popps
10-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Neither do the Moreney brothers.

Moreno saw them in college, and he saw them early last season when they were there. He averaged well over 4 YPC in the early part of the season with enough touches.

Again, we can make him the villain if it's easier for people to understand, but there's a larger problem here.

HAT
10-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd like to see some facts on this matter before I jump to the conclusion No Quinn No Tebow

I haven't seen anywhere except a messageboard that this is some kind of fact

Only fact I know is Simms was not going to be the #2 this year and the QB position was kinda wide open in March with Orton the current #1

I can't provide you with 'facts' as I'm not privy to personal communication with Denver's front office. I can however use my brain and logic to "jump to conclusions".

As you said, Simms wasn't going to be #2. Do you honestly think McD takes a flyer on Tebow with Brandstater as #2?

Tebow was not drafted to be an immediate #2 QB. He was drafted to replace Brandy as the project QB and potential QBOTF.

I'm not saying that Quinn, specifically, was the catalyst. Just that a solid, game tested, back up QB was. Bonus points that Quinn was a former 1st rounder who many thought (laughably) could compete with ol' noodle-arm Neckbeard.

Could Quinn or another decent #2 have been acquired by other means? Of course, but that's not the point. Hillis was a means to an end, that's all.

Hamrob
10-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Who cares about Moreno. He is an average back at best. Moroney is the same player as Moreno...no loss. Let's see what Brown can do.

broncswin
10-02-2010, 12:02 PM
:thumbsup:Who cares about Moreno. He is an average back at best. Moroney is the same player as Moreno...no loss. Let's see what Brown can do.

:thumbsup:

tsiguy96
10-02-2010, 12:05 PM
how can some "fans" have so much hatred towards every person, player and coach on the team they supposedly enjoy?

Taco John
10-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I wonder if anyone has ever considered that backs may run sideways when there is nowhere to run forward?

Yes Bobby Turner considered that, and he had a solution for it: one cut and run forward or sit your sideways running ass on the bench and watch someone else do it right.

CEH
10-02-2010, 12:54 PM
I can't provide you with 'facts' as I'm not privy to personal communication with Denver's front office. I can however use my brain and logic to "jump to conclusions".

As you said, Simms wasn't going to be #2. Do you honestly think McD takes a flyer on Tebow with Brandstater as #2?

Tebow was not drafted to be an immediate #2 QB. He was drafted to replace Brandy as the project QB and potential QBOTF.

I'm not saying that Quinn, specifically, was the catalyst. Just that a solid, game tested, back up QB was. Bonus points that Quinn was a former 1st rounder who many thought (laughably) could compete with ol' noodle-arm Neckbeard.

Could Quinn or another decent #2 have been acquired by other means? Of course, but that's not the point. Hillis was a means to an end, that's all.

Thanks for clearing up what I'm been saying all along Quinn specifically does not equal Tebow

I'm not convince McD doesn't draft Tebow no matter which #2 is on the team and I know for a fact Denver would have a #2 (other than Brandy) in place before the draft.

McD fell in love with Tebow's passion for the game. That does not change no matter what #2 is sitting on Denver roster.

I'd even project Holmgren wanted no part of Brady Quinn and he would have been cut if no team stepped up.

McD had a love affair with Cassel , Quinn and now Tebow. I sure hope Tebow doesn't fall in line with the suckiness that the other two have shown so far

All this is just opinion so that's mine

cutthemdown
10-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Who cares about Moreno. He is an average back at best. Moroney is the same player as Moreno...no loss. Let's see what Brown can do.

Usually the coaches see enough of the players in practice to see what players can do. They won't start a guy thinking maybe he gets a ton better just because its a real game.

They have a good idea what players are capable of.

TheReverend
10-02-2010, 02:05 PM

On what planet does that make sense?

TheReverend
10-02-2010, 02:05 PM

lol okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

KipCorrington25
10-02-2010, 02:35 PM
We should just sticky this thread.

broncosteven
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
On what planet does that make sense?

The Planet "Hisanus"?

Uranus didn't work because you weren't the one with the goofy post.

broncosteven
10-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Moreno saw them in college, and he saw them early last season when they were there. He averaged well over 4 YPC in the early part of the season with enough touches.

Again, we can make him the villain if it's easier for people to understand, but there's a larger problem here.

Weren't we still running mostly zone plays early last year? I know mCd sold Bowlen on the Power run game but I don't remember them going full time power till after the Bye.

Voltron had a couple good holes early last week but he looked out of sync running behind a new line and choose to run up his blockers ass rather than run to daylight.

After that we were down by 13 points and threw the rest of the game.

Jetmeck
10-02-2010, 06:35 PM

Then put the freakin guy in and give him a chance ? What we got is not working at all.

oubronco
10-02-2010, 07:03 PM

I believe I heard that we've had no runs for losses this year? (Or very few.) That in and of itself would sort of negate the "sideways running" theory.

Again, to my eyes... it looks like our running plays are being stuffed at the LOS by a couple of guys, on a regular basis. I just don't see running lanes.

I know people need a villain, but take away Moreno and substitute most backs in the league... and I still believe we have running problems.

We've got line issues, folks. Pass-blocking looks good, run-blocking looks horrible.

There were plenty of lanes last week that Maroney just missed and why the hell does he run into the backs of his blockers everytime

oubronco
10-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes Bobby Turner considered that, and he had a solution for it: one cut and run forward or sit your sideways running ass on the bench and watch someone else do it right.

:thanku:

Beantown Bronco
10-03-2010, 04:05 PM

Gotta love this post. At the time, was funny. Now, just sad.

Sorry TJ....had to do it.

montrose
10-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Well...... :sunshine: