PDA

View Full Version : Start Orton over Shaub in FF?

mr007
10-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm legitimately considering it. Only reason I put FF on the main board is because it's neckbeard, feel free to move it if you'd like.

gunns
10-01-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't know if I would against Tennessee but Schaub has been lousy as a starting QB.

tsiguy96
10-01-2010, 01:01 PM
i traded for orton a few weeks ago, he needs a few more TDs but hes a legit top 5-6 starting QB right now.

worm
10-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't know if I would against Tennessee but Schaub has been lousy as a starting QB.

Not sure about him being lousy. More like average. He is the #10 ranked QB and #15 overall point scorer in the OMane league.

That said...Andre Johnson might not start this week and the top WR on the Texans will be matched up against Nnamdi.

I would still play Shaub....but it is close.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-01-2010, 01:11 PM
They can prevent Johnson from matching up against Nnamdi by moving him to the other side. Jones lines up against him right now as it is.

Doggcow
10-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I'd go with Orton.

How much will the Texans be passing in the 2nd half with their huge lead?

Foster for a huge game.

Popps
10-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm legitimately considering it. Only reason I put FF on the main board is because it's neckbeard, feel free to move it if you'd like.

Funny, these are my two options as well. Right now, I have Orton in.

Very tough call.

Oak has good stats against the pass, but that may be a mirage.

Tenn ranks about in the middle.

worm
10-01-2010, 01:24 PM
They can prevent Johnson from matching up against Nnamdi by moving him to the other side. Jones lines up against him right now as it is.

Nnamdi has done a lot more of following the #1 all over the field this year than he ever did in the past where he played on one side. Last week I believe he was on Fitz the entire game regardless of side or motion.

mr007
10-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Funny, these are my two options as well. Right now, I have Orton in.

Very tough call.

Tenn ranks about in the middle.

Yeah, with more health coming to our OLine and Johnson nursing an injury, I think I'm gonna go with Orton as well.

HooptyHoops
10-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I traded for Orton right after our draft and man am I happy I did! I had Kolb and Rothensberger and Orton has been tearing it up!!

MileHighMagic
10-01-2010, 02:28 PM

Vince Young
Sam Bradford
Derek Anderson

Kaylore
10-01-2010, 03:21 PM
My QB's suck.

Rabb
10-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I went with the strategy of taking late round QB's this year and it ended up screwing me badly. I ended up with Stafford and McNabb. McNabb isn't the issue obviously, but I wasn't sure about him and still think he will miss a game or two somehow.

I ended up trading McNabb for Orton even though it breaks my rule of having Denver players on my team if I can help it. So far, so good.

HILife
10-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I got both Schaub and Orton and these are the results:

Game 1 Lost Started Schaub
Game 2 Won Started Orton
Game 3 Lost Started Schaub

I would be 3-0 if I started Orton those losing weeks. Schaub is really pissing me off.

opstachuck
10-01-2010, 04:15 PM
considering this, i'd say orton...

Titans starting CB McCourty out for Denver game

2 hours, 36 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Tennessee Titans starting right cornerback Jason McCourty will not play in Sunday’s game against the Denver Broncos.
McCourty, listed as out on Friday, underwent surgery Tuesday morning after he broke his forearm in last Sunday’s 29-10 victory over the New York Giants.

Rookie fourth-round pick Alterraun Verner will start in McCourty’s place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-mccourty (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-mccourty)

Dedhed
10-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm legitimately considering a trade where I give Peyton and Forte for Orton and Ray Rice.

Gcver2ver3
10-01-2010, 04:37 PM

well in the 1st game he was...

but he threw for 500 yds and i think 3tds in week 2...

thats spectacular...

i think he was avg in week 3...

wouldnt describe that as lousy by any means...

Chris
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Orton or Flacco?

Steve Sewell
10-01-2010, 05:59 PM

Haha I have the same combo, just traded Shaub and planning on riding Orton for the season. Homeboy is going to do A LOT of passing this year.

chickennob2
10-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I grabbed orton in the last round of my draft as a joke to back up my starter Kevin Kolb. You can see how that worked out.

gunns
10-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Not sure about him being lousy. More like average. He is the #10 ranked QB and #15 overall point scorer in the OMane league.

That said...Andre Johnson might not start this week and the top WR on the Texans will be matched up against Nnamdi.

I would still play Shaub....but it is close.

No, as I said he's lousy for a starting QB. As you stated he's the #10 ranked QB, that means if you're playing in a 10 player league, he's more than likely the worst out of all the starters. He's had few yards, INT's and it depends on the scoring in your league. My backup has gotten more points, Matt Ryan. I'm in 5 leagues and got him in the only auto draft. Thank God I got Foster in that one or I'd be dead.

Dedhed
10-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Orton or Flacco?

Flacco had the best week he's going to have all year last week. He was just blindly heaving the ball to Boldin.

If Flacco is on your roster, I would trade him today, because he's at his high point right now.