PDA

View Full Version : Poll; Will Knowshon Moreno rush for more than 1000 yards this season

baja
09-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Step right up and make your bold prediction...

randomtask
09-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Moreno had a chance at 1300+ at the start of the season, but since he got hurt, he probably won't be 100% for a while, even if he comes back this week.

Combine that with that our o-line is also filled with injury replacements, and the success of our passing game, i see 1100 or so being the ceiling for his production.

baja
09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Mod please change the poll options from multiple choice to public poll thanks ;D

Tombstone RJ
09-30-2010, 07:40 PM
there are no private poles... just private sausages, wink, wink...

serious hops
09-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't see much point trying to predict whether a guy's going to stay healthy, but if he can he should certainly be able to exceed that mark. The carrries are there for the taking-- none of our other backs is worth a shiat.

Tombstone RJ
09-30-2010, 07:49 PM
I make my case for Knowshon:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KLHFdduVDVg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KLHFdduVDVg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Zoobie
09-30-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd say somewhere in the 800-900 range. I'm more concerned with the YPC than the total yards though. If he can get his average to around 4.1-4.5 that would be a success in my book. That and getting 3rd down conversions and(god forbid) 4th down conversions as well.

strafen
09-30-2010, 09:11 PM
I'd say somewhere in the 800-900 range. I'm more concerned with the YPC than the total yards though. If he can get his average to around 4.1-4.5 that would be a success in my book. That and getting 3rd down conversions and(god forbid) 4th down conversions as well.I agree. He won't be getting 1000 yards this season if he misses more games.
I think the best measurable option to determine his success this season is his YPC as you've mentioned...

Popps
09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Seems unlikely, now. He's going to miss two games and not just with any injury... a hamstring injury.

Add to that atrocious run-blocking right now, and it's hard to imagine him having a big season at this point.

Still think he's a very talented back... but he's got to be on the field to show it, and there has to be lanes for him to run through.

The entire running game is a disappointment right now, but it is early-going.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I doubt his own coach even wants to hand him the ball much anymore.

You guys are going committee the rest of this year.

Bust.

~Crash~
09-30-2010, 09:52 PM
**** Moreno pulls himself every chance he gets what a p***Y

~Crash~
09-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Step right up and make your bold prediction...

how do they do that with no way of telling who picked what .....Fail

Archer81
09-30-2010, 09:59 PM
We'll see.

:Broncos:

Ugly Duck
09-30-2010, 10:32 PM
1,000 yards is possible. Moreno is averaging 55.5 yards per game @2.8 yards per carry. He'd get to 1,000 if Denver makes it through the AFC Championship game & he gets the ball 357 times.

Taco John
09-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Lets see... He has a career average of 59 yards a game and will miss at least two games this season. Let's be generous and say he comes back running for Jesus and increases his production by 50% and starts running an 88 yard a game average for the rest of the season. Yeah, that would do it. He'd finish the season about 1100 yards.

But if he stays on his career pace, playing every game this season (after the Titans), he'll finish at about 850 yards.

Taco John
09-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Mod please change the poll options from multiple choice to public poll thanks ;D

No can do. The software doesn't give us options to change this sort of thing after the fact.

Atwater His Ass
09-30-2010, 11:16 PM
1300 yards should be where people start talking about a productive RB.

Zoobie
10-01-2010, 12:14 AM

In a pass first offense with a backfield that features multiple backs getting significant carries, I don't think 1,300 yards is realistic especially with the way our line is run blocking.

NUB
10-01-2010, 12:52 AM
I just don't see that happening.

He's injured now, the run-blocking in general has been weak and even when he's healthy he is not the most impressive runner anyway.

FireFly
10-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Don't see it happening. Like others say though, I'd care more about an increase YPC

Taco John
10-01-2010, 11:19 AM

I think that's a little high. I'm happy with an 1100 yard back in this day and age of the NFL. I much prefer, of course, a 1300-1500 yard back, but it's looking like the NFL (and especially the Broncos) are moving towards being more Arena style football. I still think that the running game is going to benefit teams in the playoffs. But I guess we'll see.

Rabb
10-01-2010, 11:22 AM
he has the ability, but the entire line and he have to come together and by the time they do it will be too late to top 1000

that's my guess, would love to be proven wrong

Beantown Bronco
10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
If he keeps averaging 1 TD per game like he was before the injury, I almost don't care how many yds he goes for in total.

Taco John
10-01-2010, 11:35 AM
If he keeps averaging 1 TD per game like he was before the injury, I almost don't care how many yds he goes for in total.

No doubt. If he averages 1 TD per game, we can start HOF discussions around here by December.

jhns
10-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I voted no. I like Moreno as a runner but I agree with what others are saying. He is injured and we haven't been good at rushing with anyone this year.

Lolad
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
No doubt. If he averages 1 TD per game, we can start HOF discussions around here by December.

I laughed!! LOL

I think the better indicator would be ypc 4+ of course he will need to score touchdowns but 1 a game?

broncofan2438
10-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I doubt he gets 700 yards. The guy just cant stay healthy. I really do hope I am wrong, but our running game will never get going with Buck and Maroney.
Lets draft a running back

Rabb
10-01-2010, 12:24 PM
I doubt he gets 700 yards. The guy just cant stay healthy. I really do hope I am wrong, but our running game will never get going with Buck and Maroney.

counting this week he has missed a grand total of 2 regular season games

I am not sure I would say he cannot stay healthy just yet

Baba Booey
10-01-2010, 12:24 PM

http://www.fantasycollegeblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/kendall-hunter21.bmp

baja
10-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Sorry I screwed up the poll by checking the wrong box and leaving the poll at the default private option.

I was one of the 3 that said KM would rush for over 1200. Who are the other two

You others will also have to declare what your vote was for posterity.

Rabb
10-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I said no

Bronco Boy
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Who cares, 1,000 is just an arbitrary number.

Harvitz81
10-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I voted no, but honestly would be happy if he can get his YPC to 4+

Granted a lot of this is on the O-line and hopefully this week or the week after we can have our starting O-line in tact.

That is until Harris gets hurt again.....

Man people bashing on Moreno for being hurt all the time (all of 2 games out now). What does that make Harris?

Beantown Bronco
10-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Man people bashing on Moreno for being hurt all the time (all of 2 games out now). What does that make Harris?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XV38QUVQ7WI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XV38QUVQ7WI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Gort
10-01-2010, 01:59 PM

the 1000 yard "milestone" is a relic from an earlier age.

with a 16-game schedule, rushing for 1000 yards is not particularly difficult or noteworthy. that's a mere 62.5 yards per game and the ability to stay healthy enough to get on the field all season.

what's next? ...gold stars at practice for perfect attendance?

SouthStndJunkie
10-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Sorry I screwed up the poll by checking the wrong box and leaving the poll at the default private option.

I was one of the 3 that said KM would rush for over 1200. Who are the other two

You others will also have to declare what your vote was for posterity.

IF he comes back next week, he will have to average around 91 yards a game to rush for 1200 yards.

Knowshon has topped 91 yards rushing in a game once in his career.

I'll be happy if he can come back next week and stay healthy and give us 800-900 yards rushing and 10 TDs on the year....and be a reliable option in short yardage situations.

DarkHorse
10-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Pretty simple answer. No.

go_broncos
10-01-2010, 02:47 PM
He will never have 1,000 yards/season in his entire career.

Taco John
10-01-2010, 02:58 PM
IF he comes back next week, he will have to average around 91 yards a game to rush for 1200 yards.

Knowshon has topped 91 yards rushing in a game once in his career.

I'll be happy if he can come back next week and stay healthy and give us 800-900 yards rushing and 10 TDs on the year....and be a reliable option in short yardage situations.

That would make me happy in the sense that maybe the FO will wake up to realize that we need to bring in a runningback we can count on for production.

TomServo
10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
so is 1000 yards all that is expected of the no.12 pick in the entire draft? geez sammy winder rushed for 1153 in 15 games at 3.9 per carry in his third year. he never rushed for 1000 again but hey it was sammy winder and he wasnt the 12th overall pick in the draft.

Atwater His Ass
10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
In a pass first offense with a backfield that features multiple backs getting significant carries, I don't think 1,300 yards is realistic especially with the way our line is run blocking.

I'm not talking about what's realistic for Moreno to achieve this year. You can't contribute to the team if you're hurt constantly. Do we say Moreno was productive if he misses 8 games but rushes for 500 yards in the 8 he does play in? How does that help the team. Is that probowl material season?

In any given season there is 15+ backs that go for 1000. There's about 5 that go for 1300+. Attempting to spin a 1000 yard season as some kind of elite achievement is comical.

Gcver2ver3
10-01-2010, 03:46 PM
i reluctantly voted yes, but its getting harder and harder to remain optimistic...

i was over the hill excited about us drafting him when we did...

i was hoping for a lot more than i've seen thus far...

i'm not saying he's a bust or anything, i just expected more is all...

montrose
10-01-2010, 04:36 PM
So would Knowshon have sucked no matter where he was drafted, or is it just that McD took him? (He was the rated the top RB in the draft as a can't-miss by just about every expert)

montrose
10-01-2010, 04:40 PM
BTW, WTF happened to this guy when he turned pro?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fG4TeNBJWds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fG4TeNBJWds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Taco John
10-01-2010, 04:44 PM
So would Knowshon have sucked no matter where he was drafted, or is it just that McD took him? (He was the rated the top RB in the draft as a can't-miss by just about every expert)

So was Curtis Enis.

Taco John
10-01-2010, 04:50 PM
One thing is for sure, Knowshon is a pretty runner. His highlight videos are awesome to watch. The problem is, the production isn't there. I mean, we've all seen his highlight videos from last year. You'd think the guy went for 1500 yards the way he looks in them. But then you look at his production and he's averaging 59 yards per game in his career right now...

gunns
10-01-2010, 05:24 PM

So why do we have GM's and coaches if we're going to listen to the experts? Past history shows they are often wrong. I'm not going to say he's a bust, I predicted this when he initially hurt his hammy, they can linger all year. It's unfortunate. He wasn't my choice in the draft but then I'm no "expert". But it's getting really boring whenever someone praises a player or dogs on a player, it's not the player, it's that people are dogging on the coach. I really believe a player can be liked or disliked on their own merits.

oubronco
10-01-2010, 05:28 PM
He's going to have to be on the field to gain any yards

elsid13
10-01-2010, 05:31 PM

He was the top RB in weak class. He is an average NFL running back right now, maybe he will turn that around but same reasons I didn't like him coming of college are the same problems I have with him now. I still think in today's NFL of multiply running backs rotations that it is extremely stupid to draft a running back in the first round.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=71400&highlight=moreno

Bob's your Information Minister
10-01-2010, 05:35 PM
He's slow. No burst. That's his only real problem.

SouthStndJunkie
10-01-2010, 05:35 PM
I know a lot of people will argue this point with me....but I hold Knowshon to a high standard of expectations because he was the 12th overall pick.

With the 12th overall pick, I expect a game breaking difference maker from the RB position.

I'm not saying he is a bust, he could very well end up being a very solid RB, but I don't know that he will meet my expectations of a RB taken that high. I'm looking for 1,400+ yard a year back who can take over games.

I don't think we've seen enough of Knowshon to know exactly what we have....but from what I have seen, 1200 yards rushing and 10-12 TDs with 40ish receptions is probably his ceiling....and if he is ever able to achieve that, I would be satisfied.

oubronco
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM
I would be happy with that as well but I'm like you in I don't think he can take over a game

cabronco
10-01-2010, 05:41 PM
He kind of runs like a spaz. But I think & hope the line play will get better as the season progresses opening holes for him & the other backs.

montrose
10-01-2010, 08:37 PM
So was Curtis Enis.

One thing is for sure, Knowshon is a pretty runner. His highlight videos are awesome to watch. The problem is, the production isn't there. I mean, we've all seen his highlight videos from last year. You'd think the guy went for 1500 yards the way he looks in them. But then you look at his production and he's averaging 59 yards per game in his career right now...

In terms of busts, we know they're going to happen. Jarvis Moss, Willie Middlebrooks and Marcus Nash we're all thought of highly coming out of the draft too. I suppose a better way to phrase my question about Knowshon is - is this who he is and what he's expected to be? We all know the stats on his production, but is there any reason to believe that with improved blocking and/or health he can be drastically better to justify his selection at #12 (which, again was not a reach)? Would (insert other RB here) be getting that much more production? The balance, the vision, the toughness that he was noted for in the SEC - are they simply gone or masked by these other issues? I'm sure almost all can be an agreement they were expecting much more from Knowshon. At this point, is it time to give up and accept him for what he is? Or can he still be that guy that EVERYBODY thought he'd be?

Inkana7
10-01-2010, 08:50 PM
It's pretty clear to me that the issue is on the line and not KM. Anyone who has watched the first three games and can't see that is fairly blind, or just looks at stats.

Tombstone RJ
10-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm not worried about Moreno, he's gonna be productive. We are all expecting a lot more because he was taken as the first pick of the draft and he was hyped up by the media. I wanna see how he finishes the season...

Zoobie
10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm not talking about what's realistic for Moreno to achieve this year. You can't contribute to the team if you're hurt constantly. Do we say Moreno was productive if he misses 8 games but rushes for 500 yards in the 8 he does play in? How does that help the team. Is that probowl material season?

In any given season there is 15+ backs that go for 1000. There's about 5 that go for 1300+. Attempting to spin a 1000 yard season as some kind of elite achievement is comical.

Well, for the record, I do not consider 1,000 yards some sort of achievement. We are in agreement on that. Also, i'm not saying he won't get 1,300 yards because of his injury, i'm saying he won't because of this offense. Honestly, I don't think with the style of offense we run under McDaniels that we will see a halfback that will produce those types of numbers.

Was taking Knowshon a mistake with the #12 pick? Yes, I think that's too high to take a running back, period. They have short careers, you can find productive/talented runners in literally any round of the draft, and for the most part they are a dime a dozen. Yes there are expections, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Michael Turner, Frank Gore, and Steven Jackson come to mind. Having said that, that's six running backs that I believe separate themselves from the rest of the backs in the NFL. They are the runners who get a very large amount of carries, and produce elite-level results. Finding a workhorse back who will take 25-35 carries a game is extremely hard to do, and once again these guys generally flame out within a 4-6 year window.

I think we can all agree that if we could go back(hindsight is 20/20, eh?), Moreno would not have been the pick. Having said that, let's forget about where he was drafted and come to terms with the fact that he is not one of the aforementioned workhorse backs, nor will he be. Personally, i'm just hoping with a few weeks off he will be able to get healthy and contribute the rest of the season. I don't care about yards, or being on Sportscenter top 10. I just hope he can find ways to help the team, whether that's converting 3rd downs, catching balls, pounding it in on the goal line, or coming up big in the clutch, any of those would suffice. For this to happen though, we're gonna need to see some major improvements from in the trenches, because our lineman are not getting it done, period. Could CJ2k create his own yards on this team? Yes I think he could, but we don't have him we have Moreno,Maroney, and Buck so we're going to have to live with that and find a way to make it work. If Knowshon gets healthy down the stretch and we get some consistency from the line(Clady being 100%, Beadles sliding inside, and Kuper/Harris getting healthy), I think our offense will be much more balanced and produce some more points, especially in the redzone.

As a side note, I think it has become very clear that running back will be a position we need to address in the draft this offseason, and that's not a slight at Moreno. We need another runner we can depend on, as our current lack of depth is rather unsettling. Whether we get someone who takes over for Moreno, or someone to complement him does not matter, we just need to upgrade that position. Winning cures everything, so does finding replacements as well as fixing the problems at hand. If we drafted a RB in the 4th round next year and he came in, beat Moreno out for the job, and had a good year, absolutely no one would be cutting their wrists over the Knowshon pick. The draft is a crapshoot, and very few organizations around the league are consistent in their ability to hit homeruns in april.

bpc
10-01-2010, 09:30 PM
In a quality draft for HB's, Knowshon would have been lucky to be drafted in the 1st round. Since he was in a somewhat shallow draft for HB's, and factoring in our FO's poor scouting ability, he got drafted 12th overall. It's similar to when Alex Smith was drafted 1st overall by the 49ers. They drafted out of necessity instead of BPA and this is what we're stuck with.

Moreno's skills translated very poorly to the NFL. Anybody with half a scouting eye could see this. He was a slow, upright runner who got by with his quicks in college. He also happened to get banged up a lot, very easily. Throw all that info together and you have this injury plagued back, who averages 55 yds a game and very little impact.

I'm not going to say that I hate the pick because I think Knowshon is a hard-worker and is the right type of guy to have on a team, he was just EXTREMELY overvalued at #12 overall and here we are today. With very little semblance of a running game.

The bloom is starting to wear off the McDaniels era in Denver with the pink slip of each high draft pick and mounting losses. He better be open to having Tebow play sometime soon because that's all that's gonna be keeping him in a job soon.

Durango
10-01-2010, 09:32 PM
In terms of busts, we know they're going to happen. Jarvis Moss, Willie Middlebrooks and Marcus Nash we're all thought of highly coming out of the draft too. I suppose a better way to phrase my question about Knowshon is - is this who he is and what he's expected to be? We all know the stats on his production, but is there any reason to believe that with improved blocking and/or health he can be drastically better to justify his selection at #12 (which, again was not a reach)? Would (insert other RB here) be getting that much more production? The balance, the vision, the toughness that he was noted for in the SEC - are they simply gone or masked by these other issues? I'm sure almost all can be an agreement they were expecting much more from Knowshon. At this point, is it time to give up and accept him for what he is? Or can he still be that guy that EVERYBODY thought he'd be?

Moss had one great bowl game, Middlebrooks was a coaches choice and Nashs' only credential coming into the draft was that he was Peyton Mannings' favorite target at Tennessee. The potential for busting was inherent in all three players because they had no real track record (Nash had catches, but consider the QB).

Moreno had a track record. He was fabulous in college and healthy his almost his entire college career to boot (no mean feat coming from the SEC), not to mention the fact that Georgia has had a history of producing some great RBs.

I don't question the pick, although I think a lot of people were surprised, even shocked, when Denver passed on Orakpo.

But we're down the road a ways with this kid, and he just doesn't seem to be the kind of workhorse RB this offense needs..not that anyone has had the best opportunity to evaluate him because he's hurt all the time (and before you pounce, remember he was nursing that knee ALL of '09). It's not altogether a knock on Moreno, or intended to be. He's just doesn't seem cut out to carry the ball 20-25 times a game in the NFL.

My point is this; prepare to draft another RB in '11. He doesn't have to be the #1 pick. Excellent system RBs are all over the place in the draft from rounds 1-7. Guys like Terrell Davis and Mike Anderson are living proof of that.

Knowshon is going to need help to effective long term, a kind of one-two punch where he doesn't have to get 20 touches a game. Lawrence Maroney doesn't look like the answer in this kind of power system, and Buckhalter is too old and a tad injury prone himself. I think Moreno might be extremely effective with limited touches, and the two feature back system seem to be a trend in the NFL anyway.

Popps
10-01-2010, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=Durango;2954305
My point is this; prepare to draft another RB in '11. He doesn't have to be the #1 pick. Excellent system RBs are all over the place in the draft from rounds 1-7. Guys like Terrell Davis and Mike Anderson are living proof of that.

Knowshon is going to need help to effective long term, a kind of one-two punch where he doesn't have to get 20 touches a game. Lawrence Maroney doesn't look like the answer in this kind of power system, and Buckhalter is too old and a tad injury prone himself. I think Moreno might be extremely effective with limited touches, and the two feature back system seem to be a trend in the NFL anyway.[/QUOTE]

Agree, and I've been making that case, as well. Moreno is a plodder who can wear down a defense when he's got lanes to run through, but it would be great to have a speed-back to pair with him. Like you mentioned, that's a common theme these days in the NFL.

Beyond that, all this Moreno talk is sort of pointless until we figure out how to block. Our runners run into walls on half of their carries. Very few guys have freaky, Chris-Johnson speed/moves. You've got to be able to dominate the line of scrimmage.

I think Knowshon will be productive for us, long-term... but it all comes down to blocking. All of our backs look the same right now... because there's no blocking up front.

Though, Moreno does look the best when he's out there.

WolfpackGuy
10-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Only if he gets 500 carries

Baba Booey
10-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Paging this Knowshon:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6586/morenogif.gif

Zoobie
10-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Only if he gets 500 carries

Lol, I can't get over how hilarious your avatar is.

Zoobie
10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Paging this Knowshon:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6586/morenogif.gif

Paging the sun devil defense, because I could probably run for a buck fifty against them.

Tombstone RJ
10-01-2010, 09:46 PM
In a quality draft for HB's, Knowshon would have been lucky to be drafted in the 1st round. Since he was in a somewhat shallow draft for HB's, and factoring in our FO's poor scouting ability, he got drafted 12th overall. It's similar to when Alex Smith was drafted 1st overall by the 49ers. They drafted out of necessity instead of BPA and this is what we're stuck with.

Moreno's skills translated very poorly to the NFL. Anybody with half a scouting eye could see this. He was a slow, upright runner who got by with his quicks in college. He also happened to get banged up a lot, very easily. Throw all that info together and you have this injury plagued back, who averages 55 yds a game and very little impact.

I'm not going to say that I hate the pick because I think Knowshon is a hard-worker and is the right type of guy to have on a team, he was just EXTREMELY overvalued at #12 overall and here we are today. With very little semblance of a running game.

The bloom is starting to wear off the McDaniels era in Denver with the pink slip of each high draft pick and mounting losses. He better be open to having Tebow play sometime soon because that's all that's gonna be keeping him in a job soon.

Your such a fraud.

Harvitz81
10-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I still believe in Moreno and think that with a good O-line he would be very productive. Hard to have a 4+ YPC when he is getting hit a yard behind the LOS.

This year though, I think the hammy will linger and bother him all season.

It did take 3 years for Deangelo Williams to become the beast that he is. Let's hope the same for Moreno.

A speed back in the 3rd round next year could greatly help his production IMO.

bpc
10-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Your such a fraud.

Irrelevant non-football related attack. Try to stay on topic.

For the record, I originally predicted a non-impact by Knowson because it was obvious in watching his film. That doesn't make me a fraud, that makes me correct.

Here's to hoping he can amount to something.

Popps
10-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Irrelevant non-football related attack. Try to stay on topic.

For the record, I originally predicted a non-impact by Knowson because it was obvious in watching his film. That doesn't make me a fraud, that makes me correct.

Here's to hoping he can amount to something.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

TomServo
10-02-2010, 01:20 AM
all those worthless rookie of the week awards some posters bestow upon him. so we picked the chevy vega in the lot of yugos.
all us dumba ss posters that thought arakpo would be a better pick and that RB's were a dime a dozen unless its earl campell.
Yes us dumb ass internet idiots knew to pick arakpo before moreno.

Zoobie
10-02-2010, 01:41 AM
all those worthless rookie of the week awards some posters bestow upon him. so we picked the chevy vega in the lot of yugos.
all us dumba ss posters that thought arakpo would be a better pick and that RB's were a dime a dozen unless its earl campell.
Yes us dumb ass internet idiots knew to pick arakpo before moreno.

Have you turned in your resume to the FO yet?

spdirty
10-02-2010, 02:41 AM
God I remember that draft like it was yesterday. 1st on my list was Raji, I was basically praying that he would fall to us, 2nd choice Orakpo, 3rd choice was best defensive player available.

When he took moreno I had to take a walk, and couldnt watch the rest of the draft I was so pissed. I probably wouldve pulled a Garcia if i wasnt at one of my wifes get togethers.

And now with the type of offense we run, with the PBS which obviously is geared towards pass protection, and with Knowshow being a total and complete bust at the point in his career, I just get depressed hearing his name.

I remember in April of '09 he said in a radio interview that he should be judged solely on win-loss record. Right now he has an overall losing record as a head coach. So as of right now all I know is, and I don't care how he does it, but McDaniels had better ****in win at least more games than he loses this year, or we need to go out and find a real coach.

The personnel brainfarts and the coaching cluster****s have me at wits end with this team. I'm sick and damn tired of feeling like I know more about personnel and what to do in key situations (4th and 3) than the brain trust at Dove Valley. I hate that feeling and I want this guy to show me that he knows how to run a team certainly better than any fan, but also better than 75% of the coaches in this league.

And I wonder what Bowlen is thinking right now.

spdirty
10-02-2010, 02:46 AM

Beyond the simple fact that he got hired, we as fans want so badly for this guy to SHOW us that he knows more about running a football team than we do.

Zoobie
10-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Beyond the simple fact that he got hired, we as fans want so badly for this guy to SHOW us that he knows more about running a football team than we do.

Do you honestly believe you even have 1% of the coaching ability that he has? People can predict their favorite players in the draft, and of course some people are bound to be correct. The Draft is the most unpredictable part of the entire league, there is no science behind it. Not to mention they had very little time to get their draft board together, and get any proper amount of scouting done after he was hired and began assembling his staff. Look at the things our Front Office was able to do with a full season under their belt in last year's draft. They maneuvered masterfully through the first round, and got both players they wanted. The Bay Bay pick is all ready looking great, and for how many picks we stockpiled by trading back the Tebow pick is only a huge circus show because of his college career. Beyond that, they upgraded the line which was desperately needed, and if this line ever gets healthy I think we will all be happier than we were a few years ago. Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Harris, that sounds pretty damn good to me especially considering Chris Kuper is the oldest of that unit at 27. Add in Perrish Cox, Eric Decker, Sydquan Thompson, and you're looking at a very solid draft from top to bottom.

Then, consider in McDaniels first year as a head coach(one of the youngest in the league to earn a head coaching gig) he is able to turn one of the most atrocious defenses into what is at times our biggest strength. He was able to win 8 games, something Shanny was getting really good at, in his first year with a roster he had basically demolished. Championship teams aren't built over night, we are in the BEGINNING of his second season as our coach for the love of god. Rebuilding takes time, and it takes multiple drafts to acquire the talent and players needed to build a super bowl calibur roster. You need to be patient, and if you think for a second that you could even hold Josh's jockstrap as far as coaching goes, you are delusional.

Popps
10-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Do you honestly believe you even have 1% of the coaching ability that he has? People can predict their favorite players in the draft, and of course some people are bound to be correct. The Draft is the most unpredictable part of the entire league, there is no science behind it. Not to mention they had very little time to get their draft board together, and get any proper amount of scouting done after he was hired and began assembling his staff. Look at the things our Front Office was able to do with a full season under their belt in last year's draft. They maneuvered masterfully through the first round, and got both players they wanted. The Bay Bay pick is all ready looking great, and for how many picks we stockpiled by trading back the Tebow pick is only a huge circus show because of his college career. Beyond that, they upgraded the line which was desperately needed, and if this line ever gets healthy I think we will all be happier than we were a few years ago. Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Harris, that sounds pretty damn good to me especially considering Chris Kuper is the oldest of that unit at 27. Add in Perrish Cox, Eric Decker, Sydquan Thompson, and you're looking at a very solid draft from top to bottom.

Then, consider in McDaniels first year as a head coach(one of the youngest in the league to earn a head coaching gig) he is able to turn one of the most atrocious defenses into what is at times our biggest strength. He was able to win 8 games, something Shanny was getting really good at, in his first year with a roster he had basically demolished. Championship teams aren't built over night, we are in the BEGINNING of his second season as our coach for the love of god. Rebuilding takes time, and it takes multiple drafts to acquire the talent and players needed to build a super bowl calibur roster. You need to be patient, and if you think for a second that you could even hold Josh's jockstrap as far as coaching goes, you are delusional.

Yea, one of my favorite posts around here is... "I hope Josh learns from this," as if anyone here knows their head from their asses.

Zoobie
10-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Yea, one of my favorite posts around here is... "I hope Josh learns from this," as if anyone here knows their head from their asses.

Agreed, if anyone here had any sort of credible football knowledge, they'd either be a coach or a scout at either the NFL, college, or high school level. It is fun to speculate, but that's all it is, speculation. Leave it to the coaches to coach.

montrose
10-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Well, if we blame McD for taking Moreno in the 1st round - we would've blamed Shanny too since Taco thought Shanny would take him in round 1 too:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2493743&postcount=100

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2531354&postcount=22

LOL, Sorry Taco - I had to do it buddy. I still love ya! :Elway:

TomServo
10-02-2010, 11:33 PM
my point exactly. if us dumb asses know that orapko was the better pick- just goes to show sometime we get it right and the pros (supposesed pros) outsmart themselves like Mcd

TomServo
10-03-2010, 12:07 AM
a no.1 no.12 running back better be close to earl cambell or otherthwise why not pick them later in the draft?and moreno held out that first year too. i dont want him to bust. i want him to prove me wrong. but he doesnt look to have that taller gear lesser backs like tatum bell had . out of his kiosk and ripped off longer run than Knowshon

Taco John
10-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Well, if we blame McD for taking Moreno in the 1st round - we would've blamed Shanny too since Taco thought Shanny would take him in round 1 too:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2493743&postcount=100

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2531354&postcount=22

LOL, Sorry Taco - I had to do it buddy. I still love ya! :Elway:

I have absolutely no problem with this at all. I had high hopes for Moreno, and frankly don't blame Josh at all for taking him. Now, jettisoning our offensive line which produced 1000 yard backs in their sleep, I'm still a little sore over that one.

I was shot down by a lot of people at the time when I was suggesting that we'd take a first round runningback. I was told that I was an idiot for thinking it because Hillis was the solution to all of our troubles and that Shanahan would be a moron to take Moreno over a Dlineman. And then when he took Moreno, everyone who told me what an idiot I was praised the move, and then turned on Hillis.

I'm rather proud of those posts you made. And to this day, I think a Moreno, Hillis one-two punch would have been a great thing, especially in a zone blocking offense.

Taco John
10-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Here is the first post I ever made about Moreno (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2185819) in a thread called "hillis for permanent starter" where the people who bash him the most now argue fervently that he is the be-all and end-all of Broncos runningback problems.

You want to talk about a classic thread. You can see how vastly some people's opinions change at the flip of a coin when you look at what some people were saying then vs. what they're saying now.

That thread has precious gems like this:

keep in mind, folks... We don't have an nfl-caliber starting de on our roster.

If we draft a ****ing running back over a de, i'm going ape-****.

Hilarious!

bpc
10-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Here is the first post I ever made about Moreno (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2185819) in a thread called "hillis for permanent starter" where the people who bash him the most now argue fervently that he is the be-all and end-all of Broncos runningback problems.

You want to talk about a classic thread. You can see how vastly some people's opinions change at the flip of a coin when you look at what some people were saying then vs. what they're saying now.

That thread has precious gems like this:

Wow, I knew Popps floated numerous thoughts/ideas out there a few years ago, only to flip-flop and go against the grain but I was too lazy to look them up. GREAT FIND! Ha ha, Popps the walking contradiction.

Hilarious!