PDA

View Full Version : Mularky

Tombstone RJ
09-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Anyone watching this program?

http://top100.nfl.com/

Tombstone RJ
09-30-2010, 07:42 PM
how do you make the top 100 greatest NFL players of all time and not be in the HoF?

Tombstone RJ
09-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Isn't the HoF by definition the top 100+ NFL players of all time?

bowtown
09-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Unless Hillis was #1, it's ****.

Tombstone RJ
10-01-2010, 03:15 PM
So I'm gonna go ahead and say it right now, this top 100 NFL Players of all time is a joke. They've already listed LaDanian Tomlinson and ED REED, but not one single Bronco has managed to make the bottom 50.

What does that tell you? It tells me that NFLN has already tacitly put LT and ED REED into the HoF (which pisses me off) and it tells me that the Broncos are going to be way under-represented on this list...

SonOfLe-loLang
10-01-2010, 04:10 PM
So I'm gonna go ahead and say it right now, this top 100 NFL Players of all time is a joke. They've already listed LaDanian Tomlinson and ED REED, but not one single Bronco has managed to make the bottom 50.

What does that tell you? It tells me that NFLN has already tacitly put LT and ED REED into the HoF (which pisses me off) and it tells me that the Broncos are going to be way under-represented on this list...

Are you saying Tomlinson doesnt deserve to be here?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Ed reed !!!!! 1! ! ! !! ! 1 1 !!!

extralife
10-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Troy Aikman is higher than Steve Young lolololololxinfinity

GoBroncos84
10-01-2010, 04:43 PM
While I have certainly had my complaints with the list, I am not complaining about Ed Reed or LaDainian Tomlinson being there. Both will be HoFers, both revolutionized their position in a sense. At his peak, was there a better player in the league than LT? All around great back. How often have you seen a safety that could cover and hit the way Reed can? Amazing playmaker. Ballhawk. Was a threat to take it the distance any time he got his hands on the ball, whether from interception or fumble recovery or returning kicks. Was part of a championship defense that goes down as one of the greatest ever. Both will be in Canton, and deserve it.

As for the lack of Broncos, sadly that was expected. John Elway will make the list. Shannon Sharpe should make the list. I would add Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins to it. Randy Gradishar should be there. It will be very disappointing if its only John, and if John isn't at least top 10 (I'd place him at 1, but we all know that won't happen) that will be another travesty.

extralife
10-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Ed Reed wasn't on the '00 team. He's also kind of been hurt a lot. I don't know that he deserves to be on there.

LRtagger
10-01-2010, 05:06 PM

You should see the fan rankings. Tomlinson is like 26 or something ridiculous.

broncocalijohn
10-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Mularkey? Can he run in short yardage situation.

GoBroncos84
10-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Ah, for some reason I thought he was on the Super Bowl team. Still though, Ed Reed is the first person in NFL history to return an interception, punt, blocked punt, and fumble for a touchdown. 13 total touchdowns in his career—3 blocked punts, 1 punt return, 2 fumble returns and 7 interception returns. Not just a 6 time pro bowler, but a 6 time All-Pro. 46 regular season interceptions, plus 7 post season picks in only 7 games. Ed Reed is a baller. And at 32, I gotta think he still has some good years left unless his injuries prematurely end his career. Which is possible, given his history. But I don't have any doubt that he is one of the best safeties the game has ever seen

Rock Chalk
10-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Ed Reed is the most over-rated safety in the league. NFL and ESPN only show highlights and while he does make highlight reels, he ****s up A LOT. He blows coverages all the time, does not play disciplined football and whiffs tackles FAR TOO MUCH for a safety.

Polamalu is 10 times the safety Ed Reed is.

Tombstone RJ
10-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Ah, for some reason I thought he was on the Super Bowl team. Still though, Ed Reed is the first person in NFL history to return an interception, punt, blocked punt, and fumble for a touchdown. 13 total touchdowns in his career—3 blocked punts, 1 punt return, 2 fumble returns and 7 interception returns. Not just a 6 time pro bowler, but a 6 time All-Pro. 46 regular season interceptions, plus 7 post season picks in only 7 games. Ed Reed is a baller. And at 32, I gotta think he still has some good years left unless his injuries prematurely end his career. Which is possible, given his history. But I don't have any doubt that he is one of the best safeties the game has ever seen

And I'd still take Dennis Smith or Steve Atwater over him any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Tombstone RJ
10-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Are you saying Tomlinson doesnt deserve to be here?

Oh yah, sure... he belongs there. But he's not there yet and Floyd Little is in the HoF but I guarantee you he's not on the top 100 NFL Players of all Time... you see, my point is the it's a priori knowledge that the HoF includes the top 100 NFL players to ever play the game so by putting in Tomlinson, you are exluding a player already in the HoF. IMHO, that shows disrespect right there, but call me weird... whatever, **** you too HoF.

Zoobie
10-01-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't see why Ed Reed should be considered for the HOF. If he gets in at some point, I hope it's FAR down the road. Is he a great ballhawk? Yea. Will he make some bonecrunching hits? Of course. He's an all or nothing player to me, either he'll get you a pick and create some ridiculous return for a TD, or he'll play shoddy coverage or be rendered useless. I don't see how his career is worthy of being in Canton, but with how uneducated fans are these days, and the way the media appeals to the masses, I suppose i'm not thoroughly surprised.

Flex Gunmetal
10-01-2010, 10:08 PM
FYI ed reed has one less career pick than champ.

TheReverend
10-01-2010, 10:21 PM
FYI ed reed has one less career pick than champ.

In 3 less seasons. Granted, there are some reasons for that, but impressive none-the-less.

Steve Sewell
10-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Ed Reed is the most over-rated safety in the league. NFL and ESPN only show highlights and while he does make highlight reels, he ****s up A LOT. He blows coverages all the time, does not play disciplined football and whiffs tackles FAR TOO MUCH for a safety.

Polamalu is 10 times the safety Ed Reed is.

Pretty much this. The Ravens were on the verge of trading or cutting him not too long ago.

He's an ESPN darling though, so that's why you see them jizzing themselves over players like him all the time.

Los Broncos
10-02-2010, 11:15 AM
I've been watching and love this show, I like seeing the old school footage leatherhead's.

That LB for KC was awesome Bobby Bell.

And Steve Van Buren, wow, Crazylegs Hirsch was cool to see.

zms325i
10-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Presented by Floyd little!! Willie Lanier. That's cool.