PDA

View Full Version : josh mcdaniels will be on 104.3 soon

tsiguy96
09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
http://www.1043thefan.com/

tsiguy96
09-30-2010, 04:30 PM
said the system here requires a lot out of their RBs, and peyton hillis was not a great fit to do those things. basically said beyond running the ball, hes not good at much else.

outdoor_miner
09-30-2010, 04:32 PM
said the system here requires a lot out of their RBs, and peyton hillis was not a great fit to do those things. basically said beyond running the ball, hes not good at much else.

Uh oh...

tsiguy96
09-30-2010, 04:32 PM
mcdaniels just had another kid, a baby girl

Kaylore
09-30-2010, 04:33 PM

5 tools!

LonghornBronco
09-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Congrats Josh on the little one!

tsiguy96
09-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Uh oh...

he was very respectful about it, as he is to most things. said peyton will be very good for them and they wish him the best in cleveland, but he is no longer here because they didnt think he was a great fit.

LonghornBronco
09-30-2010, 04:35 PM

I'm not buying it. Payton was a stud receiving the ball out of the backfield, and he was a full back for christ sake!

tsiguy96
09-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm not buying it. Payton was a stud receiving the ball out of the backfield, and he was a full back for christ sake!

backup FB

Popps
09-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Uh oh...

Hilarious!

Popps
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM

I'm guessing by his statement he meant... blocking, knowing where to line up, not false-starting, holding onto the ball, being able to learn a playbook etc.

Kaylore
09-30-2010, 04:42 PM

And he wasn't a good one. Consider these facts:

Spencer Larsen was a better run blocker than Hillis.
Hillis was poor in pass protection and even poorer in blitz recognition.
Hillis sucks on special teams.

So you can't play him on third down, he's not a good lead blocker and struggles to remember the game plan. The Browns give him 3-4 plays and never ask him to block on passing downs. This offense requires a great deal of versatility. I know to the common man watching the game they say "OMG JES GIV HIM DA BALLLX04!1!!!!!!!"

We'll see how long that holds up.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1268/5tools.jpg

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2010, 04:43 PM

Glad he procreates better than he coaches!

I kid, I kid.

bowtown
09-30-2010, 04:43 PM

He has never started as a FB in the NFL.

Popps
09-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Maybe McDaniels is Hillbillyphobic?

Boobs McGee
09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
And he wasn't a good one. Consider these facts:

Spencer Larsen was a better run blocker than Hillis.
Hillis was poor in pass protection and even poorer in blitz recognition.
Hillis sucks on special teams.

So you can't play him on third down, he's not a good lead blocker and struggles to remember the game plan. The Browns give him 3-4 plays and never ask him to block on passing downs. This offense requires a great deal of versatility. I know to the common man watching the game they say "OMG JES GIV HIM DA BALLLX04!1!!!!!!!"

We'll see how long that holds up.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1268/5tools.jpg

Hilarious!

Steve Sewell
09-30-2010, 04:48 PM

@JosinaAnderson: omgz just got txt frm a playa sd McD had a babygurl. holla @ ur gurl babygurl!!! lolll

bowtown
09-30-2010, 05:01 PM

:sunshine:

WolfpackGuy
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM
So what's his excuse for the current crop of running backs?

Oh yeah, the blocking...

baja
09-30-2010, 05:10 PM
5 tools!

lol

ColoradoDarin
09-30-2010, 05:25 PM
McDaniels just hates white people.

Zoobie
09-30-2010, 05:28 PM

I knew it. He's a black panther recruitment officer IRL.

Quoydogs
09-30-2010, 05:34 PM

Maybe we should pick up Larry Johnson then. Maybe he could comunitcate with him make him the RB he used to be. Just say'n

Chris
09-30-2010, 05:36 PM

white people?

go_broncos
09-30-2010, 05:37 PM

our current Running backs cannot even run the ball.
Bowlen..Please fire this idiot.

ColoradoDarin
09-30-2010, 05:50 PM
white people?

i.e., Taylor Swift, he was going to interrupt her acceptance speech, but Kanye beat him to it.

Jetmeck
09-30-2010, 06:07 PM

BS, he never gave the guy a chance. Whatever, did Peyton stand up to the little dictator or what ?

Popps
09-30-2010, 06:09 PM
BS, he never gave the guy a chance.

Hilarious!

Jetmeck
09-30-2010, 06:12 PM

Amen, Brother !

30th out of 32 !

ColoradoDarin
09-30-2010, 06:13 PM
BS, he never gave the guy a chance. Whatever, did Peyton stand up to the little dictator or what ?

I told you, he hates white people.

Jetmeck
09-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Some of you guys were up Peyton's arse last year and now that McDummy traded him he is trash. You know damn well you would all love to have him in our backfield right now.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Some of you guys were up Peyton's arse last year and now that McDummy traded him he is trash. You know damn well you would all love to have him in our backfield right now.

I don't mind, and don't think it would hurt.

Do I think we'd be significantly higher with Hillis? No, I do not.

broncosteven
09-30-2010, 06:37 PM
So did mCd say anything else or was he just trying to start another OM Hillis thread?

It would be nice to hear him talk about Chris Johnson...

tsiguy96
09-30-2010, 06:41 PM
head coach interviews are very rarely insightful. i missed the first part of the interview.

baja
09-30-2010, 06:49 PM

Can you blame him?

CEH
09-30-2010, 07:56 PM
"Hillis is a good kid and has an opportunity to be a good player in this league.

To state what happened here. We have a system that require different things, we use running backs in different ways. When we tried to do that with Peyton, we didn't get the most out of peyton. Moving the backs around the way we do.

I haven't watched any of Cleveland's games, but from what I have seen in stats, he is doing well. I think that Hillis is the kind of guy that if you hand it to him 25 times a game and he is running down hill, he can be very effective. Our offense isn't built around that style. ".

He's right our system is built to run sideways and he drafted an excellent runner for that type of offense in Moreno and traded for Maroney. Man knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go get it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-30-2010, 08:02 PM
He's right our system is built to run sideways and he drafted an excellent runner for that type of offense in Moreno and traded for Maroney. Man knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go get it.

An excellent retarded post. Nice job.

Man-Goblin
09-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Hillis.

Just wanted to get in here.

Play2win
09-30-2010, 08:29 PM
I bet Moreno get more yards each year receiving than rushing (or close to it...)

crush17
09-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh hey sweet another Hillis thread.

Durango
09-30-2010, 08:35 PM
so did mcd say anything else or was he just trying to start another om hillis thread?

it would be nice to hear him talk about chris johnson...

lol

cabronco
09-30-2010, 09:13 PM
After McD speaks, we've been told there is a special guest up next ......P. Hillis !

Peyton is it true McD hates white people ? Yup

How'd you feel getting traded PH ? Yup ..well I went from the dog house to the pound, no difference really.

Hey you guys want Brady Quinn back w/ a bag of chips err bones...Nope.

Paladin
09-30-2010, 09:18 PM
........I know to the common man watching the game they say "OMG JES GIV HIM DA BALLLX04!1!!!!!!!"

That fits a lot of people around here......

LongDongJohnson
09-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Can you blame him?

not at all. i hate white people too. their annoying.

Chris
09-30-2010, 09:39 PM
White hurts my eyes.

Tombstone RJ
09-30-2010, 09:49 PM
anyone else think Peyton will break 2k this year? anyone else think sniffing glue is fun?

Archer81
09-30-2010, 09:56 PM

Rehashing an old argument does not make the old argument valid.

:Broncos:

~Crash~
09-30-2010, 10:23 PM

hillis is about as good as it gets catching passes so he is full of horse pucky .

~Crash~
09-30-2010, 10:35 PM
So what's his excuse for the current crop of running backs?

Oh yeah, the blocking...

I seen clips on how badly Moreno missed in his blocking last year I have yet to see hillis miss a blocking assiment

144 yards signed

Hillis

so guys how many yard Moreno has got this year just checking ... I was thinking not much.....

Archer81
09-30-2010, 10:57 PM
I seen clips on how badly Moreno missed in his blocking last year I have yet to see hillis miss a blocking assiment

144 yards signed

Hillis

so guys how many yard Moreno has got this year just checking ... I was thinking not much.....

Thank god the browns won, huh?

:Broncos:

fontaine
10-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Forget Hillis.

Just get the OL sorted and Harris/Kuper back at full steam.

I've optimistic that once these guys come back our running game will get better.

The MVPlaya
10-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Forget Hillis.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/31/OMFG.jpg

The MVPlaya
10-01-2010, 02:41 AM
Forget Hillis.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1122806/noooo-o.gif

fontaine
10-01-2010, 05:38 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/31/OMFG.jpg

LOL

Seriously though, wtf is the attraction with this guy?

It's not like we'll get him back if we just manage to make a thread long enough and keep complaining about it.

Sure it would have been nice to keep him around or if Quinn had panned out but good RBs are there to have every offseason and in the draft.

Far more important is to improve the run blocking and get Harris/Kuper back on the field.

chex
10-01-2010, 05:52 AM

Why would you want to fire the coach when you said this about him...

I don't see a difference between this team and team coached by shanny(in regards to offense).

I definitely see improvement in defense.

cmhargrove
10-01-2010, 06:08 AM
So there was an entire radio interview, and all he talked about was Hillis?

Anything else to report, or just stirring the pot?

Br0nc0Buster
10-01-2010, 07:37 AM
So there was an entire radio interview, and all he talked about was Hillis?

Anything else to report, or just stirring the pot?

I only heard part of it, but the interviewer specifically asked about Hillis and he said what he said, Hillis is a good player but not a good fit for this offense and they wish him well in Cleveland

He also talked about his baby and talked about the defense
said they are much more physical this year, said Ayers is a completely different player this year, said he hopes Moss and Hunter continue to improve(made it sound like he wasnt impressed with either tho)

talked about the Titans a bit also said CJ was not only a very fast back but a very good short yardage back and was deceptively powerful
also talked up Young said he plays his best in 2 min situations and in the redzone

that is all I can remember right now

Broncos_OTM
10-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm guessing by his statement he meant... blocking, knowing where to line up, not false-starting, holding onto the ball, being able to learn a playbook etc.

Its called coac8hing. He might have been a little dumb who knows but he was a playmaker. He had what one false start way to exgerate. He could have worked on his blocking and knowledge of the syste. couldn't be any worse then Richard Quinn. Situational football and depth is what he could have been and was a better running back then ANYTHING we have currently

bronclvr
10-01-2010, 03:21 PM
LOL

It's not like we'll get him back if we just manage to make a thread long enough and keep complaining about it.

Kinda like ****ler-

Chris
10-01-2010, 03:52 PM
LOL

Sure it would have been nice to keep him around or if Quinn had panned out but good RBs are there to have every offseason and in the draft.

Far more important is to improve the run blocking and get Harris/Kuper back on the field.

This is the new mane for a lot of people. It's immaturity in a nutshell.