PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton Has Delivered and Teams Need a QB: Denver Broncos To Shop Tim Tebow?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 03:34 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/477823-kyle-orton-has-delivered-and-teams-need-a-qb-denver-broncos-to-shop-tim-tebow
By
Reid Brooks
(Broncos Featured Columnist) on September 30, 2010

After the surprising draft of Tim Tebow back in April, the Denver Broncos have seen amazing improvement from starting quarterback Kyle Orton. Orton, who has had some difficulty in the red zone, is on track for a 5,000-yard campaign this year.

The obvious question must then be asked: if the Denver Broncos have two quarterbacks on their roster who are receiving starter salaries, how long until they look to trade the lesser of the pair?

Common knowledge would suggest that now would be the best time to start shopping Tim Tebow, as his development, while impressive, certainly won't be enough to overtake Kyle Orton anytime soon. And other teams out there that could use a quarterback would want to start developing him in their own systems.

The Buffalo Bills, for example, would likely be willing to part with Marshawn Lynch in order to acquire the quarterback Chan Gailey was hoping for during the draft. Ryan Fitzpatrick is anything but a permanent answer now that the Trent Edwards- era is officially over.

The Arizona Cardinals are another team looking for a long term solution at quarterback. So are the Minnesota Vikings, and they have shown they are willing to spend big money (reportedly offering a second round pick and a conditional pick for Vincent Jackson).

There are a number of teams throughout the league who could definitely use the help, and many others who might have the time to invest in developing Tebow into their own systems.

But his value is highest right now, as Brian Xanders surely knows, as he is currently as mold-able as he will ever be during his NFL career. And Tim's throwing motion and velocity hasn't improved enough for Josh McDaniels to be impressed: last week he was demoted to third string.

If the Broncos could swap Tim Tebow for a good running back and maybe even some additional defensive material, it would likely be the trade that put the team over the top.

Orton looks like the real deal, and will likely be holding down the starting job for a long, long time <----- (IS THIS GUY NUTS??? NO THE BRONCOS WILL NOT TRADE TEBOW AND START ANOTHER MILE HIGH MELTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY BETTER NOT)

Los Broncos
09-30-2010, 03:36 PM
test rel

No bueno.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 03:39 PM
REID is fudging nuts

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
No bueno.

sorry i had to do this then edit it wont let me do it ne other way

LRtagger
09-30-2010, 03:42 PM
And Tim's throwing motion and velocity hasn't improved enough for Josh McDaniels to be impressed: last week he was demoted to third string.

http://www.famecast.com/uploads/fan_avatars/186000/186238_320_277.jpg

Los Broncos
09-30-2010, 03:42 PM

Just messing with ya ;)

BroncoBuff
09-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Dumb.

Swedish Extrovert
09-30-2010, 03:49 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6bRIBSeOuhk/ScP2yayEBQI/AAAAAAAAA60/KlI5kvueIak/s400/holy-facepalm.jpg

Dagmar
09-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Oh for Tebows sake another dumb article from that site? If there is nothing to talk about, we don't have to talk. Why not talk about our Impressive rookies or something instead of crap from writers the equivalent of Bob?

Broncoman13
09-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Tebow for Marshawn Lynch??? Why not Tebow for Lee Evans. If we're going to post Bullshiat articles then make it complete bullshiat!

Tebow's velocity hasn't improved... HA! He makes Orton's arm look like a weak noodle armed Chad Pennington type.

Kyle Orton's play has bought McD plenty of time to develop Tim Tebow and not add pressure to develop him or put him in before he has developed. We're in a beautiful situation at QB.

I will say that I would have preferred to ship a 4th to the Bills for Lynch as opposed to a 4th/6th swap to the Pats for Mafoney.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 03:54 PM
dear Reid Brooks wtf are you flippin nuts no just no trading tebow you idiot. who in their right mind(s) would trade tebow if the broncos do that then Pat Bowlen should not be the owner of this team and along with Josh McDaniels ,Brian Xanders should be tarred and feathered and kicked out of the USA and be sent to eithopia or some other craptastic hell hole country

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssss!!!!!!!!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Oh for Tebows sake another dumb article from that site? If there is nothing to talk about, we don't have to talk. Why not talk about our Impressive rookies or something instead of crap from writers the equivalent of Bob?

gee i wish i knew those writers were as dumb as a box of nails im a tebow fan for christsakes i open my email and i read this crap my reaction was WTF ARE YOU SMOKIN YOU POS.
sorry i did not know that site was run by idiots they have gave me a freakin headache from the level of stupidity and i thought some of the denver post writers and ralph routon was idiotic

Popps
09-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Wait, I thought we traded Orton for Lynch.

Dagmar
09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
gee i wish i knew those writers were as dumb as a box of nails im a tebow fan for christsakes i open my email and i read this crap my reaction was WTF ARE YOU SMOKIN YOU POS.
sorry i did not know that site was run by idiots they have gave me a freakin headache from the level of stupidity and i thought some of the denver post writers and ralph routon was idiotic

Punctuation is your friend brother

And yes, it is a site where ANYONE can submit an article.

frerottenextelway
09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Word on the street is we're trading Orton & Tebow for Marv Levy.

Kaylore
09-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Nurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Blueflame
09-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Well... one does have to consider the source... then deem it pure BS. LOL

OBF1
09-30-2010, 04:37 PM
next idiot that posts a bleacher report is getting their rep sent back to zero. What kind of loser even subscribes to this kind of crap???

LRtagger
09-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Amen brosef

bowtown
09-30-2010, 05:18 PM

We did. We are going just Quinn now. Balls to the wall!

briane
09-30-2010, 05:20 PM
I acutally feel that Ortons value is at its highest right now, not tebow. Orton is looking as good as he ever will.

Mr.Meanie
09-30-2010, 05:34 PM

I think it's pretty clear at this point McD is trading Orton and Tebow for Lynch.

Steve Sewell
09-30-2010, 05:39 PM
I acutally feel that Ortons value is at its highest right now, not tebow. Orton is looking as good as he ever will.

Yeah we should trade him ASAP

gyldenlove
09-30-2010, 05:56 PM
next idiot that posts a bleacher report is getting their rep sent back to zero. What kind of loser even subscribes to this kind of crap???

I 2nd that.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Punctuation is your friend brother

And yes, it is a site where ANYONE can submit an article.

what you telling me like some noob raider fan can pop in there and write crud omg . so its like a forum posing as sports news . ill stick with the denver post and gazette im sick at even the thought of trading another qb and you know the story of that big baby . hopefully tebow dont get any calls from cutler and stir him up as well

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 06:40 PM

gee i thought they was a legit sporting news org . say buddy do all of us a favor and list every bogus web site that tries and pose as a legit news service., as far as rep goes unless it gets me $$$$ what do i care:afro:

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 06:43 PM
so bleacher is the sporting world ver of the tabloids gee wouldnt it be soo nice if someone list every single bogus sport reporting news site like now for the psychic impaired . since ya know im not psychic

briane
09-30-2010, 06:58 PM
so bleacher is the sporting world ver of the tabloids gee wouldnt it be soo nice if someone list every single bogus sport reporting news site like now for the psychic impaired . since ya know im not psychic

When a website that has a "sign up and start writing" page, that should tip you off. I hope you dont believe wikipedia is 100% accurate too.

BroncoBuff
09-30-2010, 07:02 PM
To the Butt, please.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
When a website that has a "sign up and start writing" page, that should tip you off. I hope you dont believe wikipedia is 100% accurate too.

still dont see that list now and dont have to sign up for wiki to read it and i was reserching 80 albums and songs and i cross referenced it with all music guide and the info matches. also could ya as a service to all find the mistakes on wikipedia the interesting stuff. not the mating habit of the sand chicken

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 07:08 PM
actually that article as stupid as it is is just a opinion piece . think a certain co sprgs sports writer ralph opined one day to trade elway. you can now find him writing for the local liberal tripe the independent which i read ne ways for the opinions to get the other side of the stories

Los Broncos
09-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it's pretty clear at this point McD is trading Orton and Tebow for Lynch.

Hilarious!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 07:31 PM
lemme state my 2 bits on the qbs DO NOT TRADE ORTON or TEBOW. DO NOT START TEBOW. the qb situation is fine as it is !!!!!
also build a time machine and bring Elway from 97 98 and TD too . is that too much to ask

HILife
09-30-2010, 07:37 PM

I had the same problem with the thread I created.

Jay3
09-30-2010, 08:03 PM

If you just stop the Bleacher Report, you're 95% there.

It's "Bleacher" as in "from the bleachers." As in, any fan can write something and post it. It's like a blog.

But because of the way it's packaged, it makes people run and post the things as if they are articles.

There's not a lot of other sites like it. Just eliminate that one and you've done a good day's work.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 08:40 PM
If you just stop the Bleacher Report, you're 95% there.

It's "Bleacher" as in "from the bleachers." As in, any fan can write something and post it. It's like a blog.

But because of the way it's packaged, it makes people run and post the things as if they are articles.

There's not a lot of other sites like it. Just eliminate that one and you've done a good day's work.

yea according to what i read this dude is just having some petty fight with a tebow hard core suppoter the article was a flippin joke in response .idiots i could just smack em all .im sticking with the legit sport reporting ie denver post. at least they have credibility bleacher is a sports forum acting like sports reporting at least orange mane is upfront about what it is a INSANE ASYLUM FULL OF BRONCO FANS , and those other afc west teams and nfl teams. and i think they got forums too and what they call fans also Ha!

WABronco
09-30-2010, 08:45 PM

Thank you. ITS A ****TY BUNCH OF REJECT BLOGGERS

Dagmar
09-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Does anyone else equate reading Dan's posts as reading a Josina tweet?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-30-2010, 10:05 PM

yea me

ZONA
09-30-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't think either Tebow or Orton are going anywhere this year. Tebow's value at it's highest? Are these people clowns? He's a rookie that was considered a 2 year NFL project and he's not even close to starting right now. How they can figure that as great value blows me away.

footstepsfrom#27
09-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Stupid rears it's ugly head again.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-01-2010, 12:10 AM
I don't think either Tebow or Orton are going anywhere this year. Tebow's value at it's highest? Are these people clowns? He's a rookie that was considered a 2 year NFL project and he's not even close to starting right now. How they can figure that as great value blows me away.

your freakin nuts. ok fine build a time machine and go get elway

broncocalijohn
10-01-2010, 01:32 AM
what you telling me like some noob raider fan can pop in there and write crud omg . so its like a forum posing as sports news . ill stick with the denver post and gazette im sick at even the thought of trading another qb and you know the story of that big baby . hopefully tebow dont get any calls from cutler and stir him up as well

what we are telling you is even you and your horrible grammar and structure can probably get an article published on BR. Just dont libel some guy named Bronco Warrior.

i can actually understand Josina's tweets 50% of the time. Dan's english? About 25%.

The Joker
10-01-2010, 02:44 AM
Stupid rears it's ugly head again.

Don't be so harsh on yourself man, your posting has really been much improved since you came back.

;)

Rock Chalk
10-01-2010, 05:19 AM
To the Butt, please.

We dont want to hear about your sex life.

broncobum6162
10-01-2010, 07:15 AM
I think we should pick up Jamarcus Russell and trade both Orton and Tebow!

NOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT

supermanhr9
10-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Stop posting stuff from the bleacher report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supermanhr9
10-01-2010, 07:43 AM
"It makes me angry,,, and you don't wanna see me angry!" ~ TEBOW-HULK

jhns
10-01-2010, 08:10 AM
I like the trade Orton one more.

Rabb
10-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Stop posting stuff from the bleacher report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God yes, you cannot even call that site garbage because it's insulting to actual garbage

Punisher
10-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Trade Tebow? Just move him to RB

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-01-2010, 11:18 AM

lmfao oh man we need tebow hulk more than ever now smash the titan condoms

BroncoBuff
10-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Well, now, what could we get for Tebow, realistically I mean.

supermanhr9
10-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Umm, I don't know however I bet Tebow woudl look just like Peyton Hillis at tailback?

Jay3
10-01-2010, 04:46 PM

I think the Vikings would give up a first. They were probably going to take him this past year, and he showed pretty well against them in the preseason. And Brett Favre has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

Hogan11
10-01-2010, 04:51 PM

If a team offered a first and a third, should they deal him?

I mean, trading him would cost the merch dept hundreds of thousands of dollars.........

mhgaffney
10-01-2010, 06:45 PM
We should have brought Vick to Denver. Another missed opportunity.

With Vick at QB the Broncs would be 3-0.

orange 4 life
10-01-2010, 09:58 PM
The original article is exactly what I think we should all be hoping for.

We took a flyer on Tebow and while I can see some logic there we already had a top notch qb.
Sure he's not Manning or Brady but Orton is definitely putting himself in the conversation of guys that are atop that second tier.

If Orton plays so well that Tebow ends up being shopped around we should all be THRILLED since that means we've already got our franchise qb (after all Orton is only 27) AND we're likely winning some games too.
For Tebow to become the starter Orton will have to falter and as a BRONCO fan I sure as heck don't want that to happen so here's to hoping his play stays at this high level and we can produce in the red zone as well by giving him a little help in the running game. I just want to win and Kyle Orton is our best chance of doing that for the foreseeable future.

Taco John
10-01-2010, 10:05 PM

I will admit to have having had this thought, but have kept it to myself. But I can see the logic of it... I don't see a real difference between going 8-8 with Kyle, and 6-10 with Brady Quinn, except that it feels a little worse this season but quite a bit better on draft day.

I'm not saying that I"m advocating this idea. Just that I get the logic and probably wouldn't flinch too much if this were to magically happen before the trade deadline.

This is all contingent, of course, on the HUGE GAMBLE that Tebow is our future.

broncocalijohn
10-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Brady Quinn isnt getting us to 6-10. No way, no how. If we go 8-8 it is because of the help of Orton. He is playing well and now you want to can him? Just like our little princess Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde trying to do everything for her ex boyfriend Warner. She finally realizes that whatever good she does, she wont be good enough for him. Seems our prince Orton is feeling the same from some of you guys. Holy ****, let the dude play and win us some games. Giving up after 3 games sucks and u should know better Taco John. You already stated it based on a huge gamble. It would be a huge gamble if he was thrown in right now.

Rock Chalk
10-02-2010, 05:52 AM
If Orton DOES get traded and we put our cookies in Tebow's basket, we are ****ed for years to come.

McDaniels will be fired, we will have to find another QB in 4 years, wait for 3 or 4 more years to get him groomed and thats a minimum of 7-8 years before we are even remotely competitive again IF we hit on the first QB we go after.

Yeah, Orton getting traded is a stupid idea. Matt Ryan's stock isn't getting any higher either and I can promise you Atlanta isn't even entertaining the idea. Orton > Matt Ryan.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Gentlemen, I was merely joking.

Besides, we need players, not draft picks ... a 3-4 SILB. How about a three-way trade with Green Bay and the Vikings, we end up with A.J. Hawk and a 2nd round pick. Seems reasonable.

Wait, I was just joking ???

dsmoot
10-02-2010, 06:07 AM

We took a flyer on Tebow and while I can see some logic there we already had a top notch qb.
Sure he's not Manning or Brady but Orton is definitely putting himself in the conversation of guys that are atop that second tier.

If Orton plays so well that Tebow ends up being shopped around we should all be THRILLED since that means we've already got our franchise qb (after all Orton is only 27) AND we're likely winning some games too.
For Tebow to become the starter Orton will have to falter and as a BRONCO fan I sure as heck don't want that to happen so here's to hoping his play stays at this high level and we can produce in the red zone as well by giving him a little help in the running game. I just want to win and Kyle Orton is our best chance of doing that for the foreseeable future.

Orton value = points + redzone performance

The Joker
10-02-2010, 06:12 AM
Anyone who thinks trading Orton is anything other than a dreadful idea is a complete retard, quite frankly.

He's proven he can be a good QB in this system, and we have him for 2 more years at a very reasonable price. Right now we've nobody else on the roster who can play QB at anywhere near the same level, trading him now basically tells the rest of the team we're playing for a better draft pick and that the team has no interest in winning this year.

Tebow is a project, and a long term one at that. In 2 years time we'll know a lot better what we have with him. That's when the decision on Orton happens. If we think Tebow can be a quality NFL QB, we let Orton go (or tag and trade him if he has two good years). If Tebow can't put it together, we extend Orton and still have a good QB to go forward with.

Pretty simple stuff.

dsmoot
10-02-2010, 06:14 AM

I don't know how you forecast a QB's value after 3 games, when the TEAM is 1-2. I am pleased that his game has picked up inside the 20's and he is moving better. Let us see what we have when we have played the quality teams we will in the next 4 weeks. It is still about putting points on the board when you have those red zone opportunities. That is really a QB's value. Not settling for FG's. Making sure you are on the same page as your WR's. It's all about execution when its most important not some FF statistics.

Gort
10-02-2010, 06:37 AM
If Orton DOES get traded and we put our cookies in Tebow's basket, we are ****ed for years to come.

McDaniels will be fired, we will have to find another QB in 4 years, wait for 3 or 4 more years to get him groomed and thats a minimum of 7-8 years before we are even remotely competitive again IF we hit on the first QB we go after.

Yeah, Orton getting traded is a stupid idea. Matt Ryan's stock isn't getting any higher either and I can promise you Atlanta isn't even entertaining the idea. Orton > Matt Ryan.

i've never understood the mindset of folks who want to trade established NFL players just to get draft picks. the idea of trading a starting NFL QB for a couple of draft picks to be used on college players who may or may not ever amount to anything in the NFL is crazy. i'm sure there are scenarios out there where it MIGHT make sense, but generally speaking, unless the QB is a problem or his contract is expiring or something similar, it seems to me that you trade players for players. draft picks are only there to sweeten the pot.

let's say i owed you $20. would you want me to give you $20, or twenty $1 lotto scratchoff tickets? that seems to me to be the same as trading players for picks.

dsmoot
10-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Given his very inconsistent performances before his reinstatement coupled with his obvious character issues that resulted in the suspension ..... that was an incredibly insightful statement. We should have drafted Tom Brady a couple of years back.

colonelbeef
10-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Why do people post fan blogs as though they were legit articles?

it's called Bleacher Report for a reason numbnuts

Popps
10-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Orton isn't "looking as good as he ever will."

He can definitely play better. Ask him and ask the coach.

I expect he WILL play better, just as I said all off-season that I expected he'd improve at the start of this season.

Archer81
10-02-2010, 05:23 PM

Wow.

Your football takes are just as ****ty as your political ones.

Who knew.

:Broncos:

oubronco
10-02-2010, 06:11 PM

What's scary about a green clipboard holder?

oubronco
10-02-2010, 06:13 PM

Oh good God I am soooooooo glad you don't run the front office

strafen
10-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Well, now, what could we get for Tebow, realistically I mean.Realistically, we won't be dealing him anywhere.
Hypotherically, it will depend on who out there needs a QB badly and what would they be willing to give up for.
Tebow would be a great prospect, and the current pool of available talent at QB's both in development stage or serving as back-ups in the NFL, lacks promise.
So, Tebow will pretty much be in the right place and at the right time

broncocalijohn
10-03-2010, 02:31 PM

Wow.

Your football takes are just as ****ty as your political ones.

Who knew.

:Broncos:

Oh good God I am soooooooo glad you don't run for political office
had to fix that oubronco.