PDA

View Full Version : "Marshall's Disapearing Act"

Soul-Bronco
09-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Saw this on DB.com. shows marshall quitting at the end of the phins game. It gets analyzed by playbook on NFL network. Here is the link to the article and video!

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/09/29/nfl-networks-mike-mayock-solomon-wilcots-and-sterling-sharpe-destroy-brandon-marshall-for-being-tired-at-end-of-jets-game/

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81aef266/Playbook-Marshall-s-disappearing-act

beanerbronco
09-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Who cares?
He's not part of this team anymore

Soul-Bronco
09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Because it envolves moves made by the coaching staff, and our 2nd round pick depends on it. If you dont like it dont open the thread jack a.ss

Chris
09-30-2010, 09:29 AM
It's not hard to root against the Heat...er...Dolphins

ColoradoDarin
09-30-2010, 09:31 AM
10 catches out of 17 targets (59%), good to know that Brandon has been working on his hands....

beanerbronco
09-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Because it envolves moves made by the coaching staff, and our 2nd round pick depends on it. If you dont like it dont open the thread jack a.ss

I opened it bc it was a new thread, Jack A.ss.

And seriously, who cares if he was gased after making a big play? Obviously he was upset with himself bc he knows he was not fit. Reason to him not being fit? He missed a lot of training camp.

joe9999
09-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Haters gonna hate. Marshall was drawing double coverage, had 10 catches 165 yards and one TD. What a loser he is.

briane
09-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Saw this on DB.com. shows marshall quitting at the end of the phins game. It gets analyzed by playbook on NFL network. Here is the link to the article and video!

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/09/29/nfl-networks-mike-mayock-solomon-wilcots-and-sterling-sharpe-destroy-brandon-marshall-for-being-tired-at-end-of-jets-game/

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81aef266/Playbook-Marshall-s-disappearing-act

Good find, I enjoyed it. Makes me appreciate the hard working Brandon LLOYD even more.

beanerbronco
09-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Haters gonna hate. Marshall was drawing double coverage, had 10 catches 165 yards and one TD. What a loser he is.

Exactly. Even the commentators said it. He was facing double coverage after he came back from that break.

ColoradoDarin
09-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Exactly. Even the commentators said it. He was facing double coverage after he came back from that break.

Except the first down, where they showed he was single covered with no safety over the top, they threw the fade route and Marshall hardly made a play, didn't even jump or put his hands up....

PRBronco
09-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Who cares?

You must be new here. This is a former Broncos forum. See the 14 page thread on Hillis being named the starter of the Browns.

Not bagging on this thread though, I enjoyed the article :D

~Crash~
09-30-2010, 09:56 AM
You must be new here. This is a former Broncos forum. See the 14 page thread on Hillis being named the starter of the Browns.

Not bagging on this thread though, I enjoyed the article :D

says the man with a avatar that lives in the past .Ha!

Drunk Monkey
09-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Who cares?

I care, it affects our future picks.

Thanks for the read.

Soul-Bronco
09-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Point is, when the game is on the line, he was doggin it. Everyone is bashing Orton for gettting over 400 yards passing but not being able to score TD's to win the game, same should be said for marshalls 10 rec 100 yard game.

When the game was on the line he wasnt "the beast" more like the sloth. Look on the 4th down play, he doesnt even show any emotion when they dont convert and lose the game

Doggcow
09-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Like I said:

Marshall with a monster game?

And the team loses?

AMAZING!

FantomForce
09-30-2010, 10:27 AM
at least he didn't dive when he got surrounded like Portis

cmhargrove
09-30-2010, 10:32 AM

If I remember correctly, he was pretty dehydrated at half and had to receive IV treatments, then came back in the second half and still made some big plays.

This is a non-story.

Dedhed
09-30-2010, 10:48 AM
says the man with a avatar that lives in the past .Ha!

I'm not sure you understand his avatar.

vancejohnson82
09-30-2010, 10:57 AM
whether or no he was dogging it, doesnt really matter...

it matters that he is causing a distraction.....again

Popps
09-30-2010, 11:04 AM
whether or no he was dogging it, doesnt really matter...

it matters that he is causing a distraction.....again

Shocking.

Give it time. The fun is just beginning.

vancejohnson82
09-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Shocking.

Give it time. The fun is just beginning.

he might be getting piled on a bit by Mayock...HOWEVER....when you have a reputation for dogging it, having an attitude, etc....this is going to happen

and don't think Henne or Sparano are going to step in and slap this guy to wake him up....he'll get away with this the whole season

Soul-Bronco
09-30-2010, 11:21 AM
If I remember correctly, he was pretty dehydrated at half and had to receive IV treatments, then came back in the second half and still made some big plays.

This is a non-story.

Yea, doggin it in the first home opener of the season, division lead on the line in the last drive of the game. total non story

colonelbeef
09-30-2010, 11:34 AM

haha.

Typical whiny Broncos cheerleaders

vancejohnson82
09-30-2010, 11:36 AM
haha.

Typical whiny Broncos cheerleaders

yup....what about Mayock? I guess he's got a hidden Broncos agenda too, huh?

HEAV
09-30-2010, 11:49 AM
This is what Brandon wanted. He wanted the money and the bigger stage, he wanted to be reconized.

This is what happens when you are on center stage and all the eyes are on you.

PRBronco
09-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure you understand his avatar.

Lol I've had avatars turned off for so long I forgot about that :S

_Oro_
09-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Coach has to pull a guy that's gassed like that.

Zoobie
09-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Is the 2011 draft pick conditional? If so, does anyone know of the conditions?

fontaine
09-30-2010, 01:18 PM

I don't think so. I thought it was a straight second.

In which I case I'll rooting against Miami all season long.

ColoradoDarin
09-30-2010, 01:44 PM

Yes, the condition is that the worse Miami does, the better the 2nd round pick we get.

v2micca
09-30-2010, 03:18 PM
This is what Brandon wanted. He wanted the money and the bigger stage, he wanted to be reconized.

This is what happens when you are on center stage and all the eyes are on you.

Yes, it is. And as a result, he has largely set himself up for failure by doing so. Its a sport that in which strong team efforts occasionally complimented by strong individual efforts win the game. By drawing excessive attention to himself, his personal failures will draw just as must if not more attention than the team failures. That is situation he has created for himself. That is the situation he will have to deal with.

Broncos_OTM
09-30-2010, 04:10 PM

And seriously, who cares if he was gased after making a big play? Obviously he was upset with himself bc he knows he was not fit. Reason to him not being fit? He missed a lot of training camp.

Week 3 conditioning excuses are no longer vald

Dedhed
09-30-2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81af7065/article/dolphins-wr-marshall-takes-exception-to-sharpes-criticism?module=HP_headlines

This is the real problem with Marshall. He can't handle criticism. Anyone who feels like they have to answer to, and deal with, every critic is an issue waiting to happen. We've all seen that from Marshall in Denver, and this, to me, is an example that he hasn't changed much.

He'll always be a weapon on the field, and a liability off of it.

Popps
10-01-2010, 12:45 AM
he might be getting piled on a bit by Mayock...HOWEVER....when you have a reputation for dogging it, having an attitude, etc....this is going to happen

and don't think Henne or Sparano are going to step in and slap this guy to wake him up....he'll get away with this the whole season

Classy reaction by Marshall, though... as usual....

Marshall: "I donít honestly think that those guys were elite players, including Sterling Sharpe," Marhsall said. "I know heís done some good things, but from my understanding, heís not a Hall of Fame player."

Borks147
10-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Classy reaction by Marshall, though... as usual....

Marshall: "I donít honestly think that those guys were elite players, including Sterling Sharpe," Marhsall said. "I know heís done some good things, but from my understanding, heís not a Hall of Fame player."

at least he didn't punch him whilst slipping on a mcdonalds bag.

gunns
10-01-2010, 02:58 AM

Still, the "new thread" did have Marshall in the title...hmmmm. But thanks for commenting anyway.

BroncoBuff
10-01-2010, 03:56 AM

Yeah, let's get real here.

Broncos4tw
10-01-2010, 09:21 AM
This is a typical reaction from fans who want to justify past decisions made by our coaching staff. Apparently Marshall having to run two long routes in a row in hot weather after he was dehydrated is no excuse. It doesn't matter that they wouldn't even had been IN the game if not for his catches and YAC. No.. clearly he is slacking. Even tho he is on track for another great season yardage and reception-wise (on track for 115 I think).

Yes.. what a loser.

Pick Six
10-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Marshall could have a Hall of Fame career. I don't know. What I do know is that it appears that Marshall wasn't a good fit for THIS team. Our current WR corps is the best in the NFL, at this point...

tsiguy96
10-01-2010, 09:35 AM
"I don't honestly think those guys were elite players, including Sterling Sharpe," Marshall said. "I've got to turn on the film and see what he was able to do. I know he did some good things, but my understanding is he's not a Hall of Fame guy."

jesus marshall, stfu. youre a great player, youre head is stopping you from being the best.

Popps
10-01-2010, 09:52 AM
This is a typical reaction from fans who want to justify past decisions made by our coaching staff. Apparently Marshall having to run two long routes in a row in hot weather after he was dehydrated is no excuse. It doesn't matter that they wouldn't even had been IN the game if not for his catches and YAC. No.. clearly he is slacking. Even tho he is on track for another great season yardage and reception-wise (on track for 115 I think).

Yes.. what a loser.

And he smacks women around. That, too.

Miss I.
10-01-2010, 10:00 AM
http://www.philly2hoboken.com/blog/archives/images/jan_brady.jpg M A R S H A L L! M A R S H A L L! M A R S H A L L!

:wave:

BroncoBuff
10-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Ha! ... that about sums it up!

mr007
10-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Am I the only one who didn't really notice him "dogging it?" I mean he sure could have put more effort on that fade route - but maybe it's just my perspective and it looked way overthrown. On the other routes, Henne wasn't even looking his way..... I don't know, I didn't see anything that looked like he wasn't putting effort out there.

HorseHead
10-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I bet he has a big game Monday Night....'Pats db's are young & strugglin'.

oubronco
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM

Exactly if anyone was to watch the game instead of just knee jerk reactions they would see B Marsh is still kiccking ass and taking names

oubronco
10-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Like I said:

Marshall with a monster game?

And the team loses?

AMAZING!

Yes because he plays awesome defense

Hogan11
10-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Holy Christ, he's gone...turn the freakin' page already.

tsiguy96
10-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Yes because he plays awesome defense

think hes just saying, there is something about cutler and marshall, these guys seem to put up their best numbers while losing.

oubronco
10-01-2010, 06:26 PM
think hes just saying, there is something about cutler and marshall, these guys seem to put up their best numbers while losing.

Yes but blaming a lose on one player is absurd

KipCorrington25
10-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Hey if you're going to get tired and dog it on the last 4 plays of the season then don't cry like a bitch for 2 seasons for the monster contract.

When you're the highest paid at your position you're expected to win games in crunch time not dog it.

orange 4 life
10-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Who cares?

Agreed though it does lend more credence to the already popular theory (held by myself among others) that getting rid of marshall was addition by subtraction.

Ratboy
10-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Did you even watch the video?

He didn't even get looked at after that fade route.

Edit: For those who are idiots, it means it would be Henne's fault.

Canmore
10-02-2010, 03:49 AM
Agreed though it does lend more credence to the already popular theory (held by myself among others) that getting rid of marshall was addition by subtraction.

Good riddance. We seem to be getting great production out of our recieving core. Trading Marshall was good for the locker room. Lets hope we get something decent out of our secod round pick in 2011.

Broncos4tw
10-02-2010, 08:59 PM
And he smacks women around. That, too.

Yea, I never said he was a saint, or that he would even do any good on our team. Personally, once a player is gone, I couldn't care less about them. They are gone. Cutler, Marshall, and other players in our recent history (yes.. even Hillis).. who cares? What's done is done. I don't know why some fans obsess so much over players no longer on the team.

easymobee
10-03-2010, 02:42 AM
All I know is that end result, he looks very ignorant and foolish in the way he called out Sterling Sharpe. Is it that hard to wikipedia someone before you send words across the world via tv/radio/internet? Hilariosity at its finest.

It would be like Ryne Sandberg commenting on Tulo or TD commenting on Chris Johnson and one of the younger guys spouting off.

Some of the young guys think the sport didn't start until they took an interest in it.

Couple of interesting stats on Sterling Sharpe. Caught at least 4 passes in 34 consecutive games. All of us that play FFL now know, even if you have randy moss or another elite receiver, every 3 or 4 weeks they put up a 2 catch for 27 yard day.

Tied with Jerry Rice for most games with 4 tds receiving. Its only 2, but 4 tds is amazing. Rice about ruined Charles Dimry's career with one of those (or was it Wymon Henderson?).

Sharpe >> Marshall. Espescially when you consider the eras (DB rules) they played in.