PDA

View Full Version : injury practice report....

tsiguy96
09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
straight from live stream of Mcd press conference....

harris will practice, goodman will practice, moreno will not.

also, eddie royal will do punt returns from now on, cox will do kickoffs.

Los Broncos
09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Link?

tsiguy96
09-29-2010, 11:58 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Wednesdays-Press-Conferences-Live/b4d33b89-e052-42a7-82be-1098a9bf0759 i guess?

its a live stream, he just said.

Los Broncos
09-29-2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Wednesdays-Press-Conferences-Live/b4d33b89-e052-42a7-82be-1098a9bf0759 i guess?

its a live stream, he just said.

Thanks, I was just messing with you :)

gtown
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
It's gonna be on and off again for Moreno all year. Hammy injuries linger. Giving up on Cox that fast? What about Da Squid back there?

go_broncos
09-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Moreno...YOU ARE A BUST

Rabb
09-29-2010, 12:09 PM
On again, off again for Moreno...again?

Doesn't it have to happen once, to facilitate an again?

Boobs McGee
09-29-2010, 12:12 PM
It's gonna be on and off again for Moreno all year. Hammy injuries linger. Giving up on Cox that fast? What about Da Squid back there?
I'D really like to see cassius back there myself

gtown
09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I'D really like to see cassius back there myself

Vaughn too. Eddie is having a great year and I would like to see what the rookies can do.

DeuceOfClub
09-29-2010, 12:24 PM
From the pre-season, it looks to me, like Squid got the most natural return skills I've seen in a Bronco in a loooong time.

bronco militia
09-29-2010, 12:28 PM
From the pre-season, it looks to me, like Squid got the most natural return skills I've seen in a Bronco in a loooong time.

more than eddie royal and rod smith?

DeuceOfClub
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM

Yep! (Just MO)

BlaK-Argentina
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Sucks about Moreno. Good news about Harris, let's see how long he lasts. I too want to see the Squid returning punts!!!

OBF1
09-29-2010, 12:32 PM

I agree, what I saw of Squid, I think the guy has all the skills in the world to be an excellent return man

Steve Sewell
09-29-2010, 12:33 PM

Just watch, Squid and/or Vaughn will be the next Hillis on this board, and the reason they were picked is because the Goodman's were able to take over McD's brain during the latter stages of the draft and shortly thereafter.

broncosteven
09-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I like Royal back there on Punts. We have WR depth, they can keep him fresh if they need to and we need to be more explosive on ST's.

It is like duh bears finnally putting Hester back in his natural position as a punt returner and he is the difference in the game.

It sucks that Knowshon is not going to be out there to contribute. Maybe getting the OL back and in sync will help him when he does get back on field.

Rock Chalk
09-29-2010, 12:49 PM
I like Royal back there on Punts. We have WR depth, they can keep him fresh if they need to and we need to be more explosive on ST's.

It is like duh bears finnally putting Hester back in his natural position as a punt returner and he is the difference in the game.

It sucks that Knowshon is not going to be out there to contribute. Maybe getting the OL back and in sync will help him when he does get back on field.

Hester has done **** in the return game since those first two years. The last two years he has been noticebly absent from the end zone.

BlaK-Argentina
09-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Hester has done **** in the return game since those first two years. The last two years he has been noticebly absent from the end zone.

He scored a TD on monday. On a punt return.

Dagmar
09-29-2010, 12:56 PM

Please explain how it's "again"?? The blinkers on some fans here is astounding.

broncosteven
09-29-2010, 01:38 PM

That is because he was off ST's the last 2 years, I think they only used him when there was an injury to Knox or Manning.

This year they realized that they needed him to return Punts, they put him back there and he scored on one punt return and was caught by the kicker on another just last week.

MABroncoFan
09-29-2010, 01:41 PM
I read on rotoworld that DThomas practiced, but Lloyd did not.

bronco militia
09-29-2010, 01:43 PM
I agree, what I saw of Squid, I think the guy has all the skills in the world to be an excellent return man

I think there's something there too, but why isn't he out there?

I'd like to see a few more returns before claiming he's potentially better than Rod or Eddie, or even D-will.

Beantown Bronco
09-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Hester averaged 7.8 yards on 24 returns last season.

Even with all those return TDs he has, his punt return average is only 11 yards. I remember them showing it just before the TD.

He must get dropped for a loss or no gain a lot.

broncosteven
09-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Hester averaged 7.8 yards on 24 returns last season.

Even with all those return TDs he has, his punt return average is only 11 yards. I remember them showing it just before the TD.

He must get dropped for a loss or no gain a lot.

I was in the car last night during duh bears coaches show on WBBM. They were talking about Hester and said that this was the 1st time in 2 years that they worked with Hester on ST's during TC. Up until this year they wanted to keep him fresh for offense, he didn't get alot of ST work. Lovie said that they wanted to make sure they used Hester in the best way possible and that included dedicated time to ST's.

BTW they had on their new QB coach and he seemed like a sharp young guy who can talk football and is going to go far in the league, Liem Cohen I think is his name. It was a great interview.

The Joker
09-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Will be interesting to see what happens if/when Harris is able to go?

Beadles has been improving every game, do they keep him in the line-up by moving him to LG? Or does he play the role of super-sub this year?

baja
09-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Please explain how it's "again"?? The blinkers on some fans here is astounding.

The funny part is it's not even the same hammy. It must have lingered it's way over to the other leg.

enjolras
09-29-2010, 11:14 PM

Beadles has been improving every game, do they keep him in the line-up by moving him to LG? Or does he play the role of super-sub this year?

I don't think there is any question he moves into the left guard spot is there? He's FAR better than our other options (which are pretty terrible really).

broncswin
09-30-2010, 08:11 AM
I read on rotoworld that DThomas practiced, but Lloyd did not.

He missed practice for personal reasons...not injury related...nothing alarming.

Chris
09-30-2010, 09:20 AM
I wonder if beadles moves to RG or plays backup in place of Harris. Likely backup.

bowtown
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't think there is any question he moves into the left guard spot is there? He's FAR better than our other options (which are pretty terrible really).

Daniels has been playing pretty well there. Not sure Beadles would be an upgrade there.

meangene
09-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Daniels has been playing pretty well there. Not sure Beadles would be an upgrade there.

I would tend to agree. Plus, the one knock on Beadles right now is a lack of bulk to get movement at the point of attack. That would be more of an issue inside. I like him as depth at several spots for this season with the chance to push for a starting job next year. I would not be surprised if he ends up as our starting RT next season.

dbfan21
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Sucks about Moreno. Good news about Harris, let's see how long he lasts. I too want to see the Squid returning punts!!!

This. Less exposure to injury for Royal the better.

tsiguy96
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
if harris is 100%, beadles will sit, no question. but since beadles is progressing, they dont need to rush harris back until he is 100%.

bowtown
09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
This. Less exposure to injury for Royal the better.

Isn't it clear as day? Josh doesn't want to lose face by having one of his 7th round picks perform better than a high round pick of the previous regime. Squid has purposly been burried by Kenny Rodgers.

Mogulseeker
09-30-2010, 10:41 AM

Except breakaway speed.

He could average a ton of yards, but he won't take many to the house.

Dedhed
09-30-2010, 11:05 AM

He's shown pretty impressive improvement every week and it is an interesting discussion.

I think Harris is a key to getting the running game going, and if he can stay healthy I'm sure there will be a chance for Beadles to get some time at LG. I think he's the future there, and and that they'll get him there ASAP.

Rock Chalk
09-30-2010, 11:12 AM
He's shown pretty impressive improvement every week and it is an interesting discussion.

I think Harris is a key to getting the running game going, and if he can stay healthy I'm sure there will be a chance for Beadles to get some time at LG. I think he's the future there, and and that they'll get him there ASAP.

Not really. If Harris is ready to go, Beadles moves to RG, with Harris at RT, Walton at C, Kuper and Clady on the left. Beadles improving that much just means when Harris IS healthy our front 5 are going to be really damn good.

We know Kuper and Clady are studs, we know Harris when healthy is a stud. Walton and Beadles are the two wildcards now and both have had vast and steady improvement from week 1 to now.

Broncoman13
09-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Kuper is a RG. Not gonna move him from there.

If Harris is healthy, I'd like to see Beadles get the nod at LG. Unlike most here, I'm not super impressed with Daniels. His pass pro has been good but his run blocking is poor. But what frustrates me the most is how he pulls, gets a full head of steam and completely whiffs on his blocks. Same thing with screen plays. He often won't even get a hand (and is caught reaching a lot) on a DB. He shouldn't be reaching for those guys. She should be burying them into the ground!!! Anyhow, I'm not saying that Beadles can finish those plays b/c I really don't know. But I'd like to see him get the chance.

Rock Chalk
09-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Kuper is a RG. Not gonna move him from there.

If Harris is healthy, I'd like to see Beadles get the nod at LG. Unlike most here, I'm not super impressed with Daniels. His pass pro has been good but his run blocking is poor. But what frustrates me the most is how he pulls, gets a full head of steam and completely whiffs on his blocks. Same thing with screen plays. He often won't even get a hand (and is caught reaching a lot) on a DB. He shouldn't be reaching for those guys. She should be burying them into the ground!!! Anyhow, I'm not saying that Beadles can finish those plays b/c I really don't know. But I'd like to see him get the chance.

Oh well what the **** ever. Beadles moves to LG and Kuper is on the right. You knew what I was saying.

tsiguy96
09-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Except breakaway speed.

He could average a ton of yards, but he won't take many to the house.

as opposed to all teh returns we take to the house now.

ill take great YPA over occasionally breaking one loose every day of the week.

Broncoman13
09-30-2010, 02:39 PM
as opposed to all teh returns we take to the house now.

Yeah, we get a couple 25 yard punt returns and are starting at the 50 rather than the 25 and I doubt anyone would be complaining. As for the squidspeed, I think his 40 times were quite tainted. You have to keep in mind that he pulled up lame while running and wasn't healthy leading up to running his 40. Not saying he is a 4.4 guy, but he's faster than 4.7. Besides that, you look for quickness in a punt returner more than pure speed. Dexter McCluster is a good example. 40 times in the 4.6's but super quickness. Speaking of quickness, Squid was quicker than guys like Spiller and Best in the 3 cone... plenty of quickness for a return man.

~Crash~
09-30-2010, 10:39 PM
The funny part is it's not even the same hammy. It must have lingered it's way over to the other leg.

Ha!Ha!Ha!

~Crash~
09-30-2010, 10:48 PM
as opposed to all the returns we take to the house now.

Hell you say that but Royal has had some damn nice returns called back . he is money if the dip ****s can stop blocking in the back and holding .

Tombstone RJ
09-30-2010, 10:54 PM
what's the status of Andre Brown?

DivineLegion
09-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah, we get a couple 25 yard punt returns and are starting at the 50 rather than the 25 and I doubt anyone would be complaining. As for the squidspeed, I think his 40 times were quite tainted. You have to keep in mind that he pulled up lame while running and wasn't healthy leading up to running his 40. Not saying he is a 4.4 guy, but he's faster than 4.7. Besides that, you look for quickness in a punt returner more than pure speed. Dexter McCluster is a good example. 40 times in the 4.6's but super quickness. Speaking of quickness, Squid was quicker than guys like Spiller and Best in the 3 cone... plenty of quickness for a return man.

Cox is out there returning kicks, and he ran a 4.5+.

tsiguy96
10-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Hell you say that but Royal has had some damn nice returns called back . he is money if the dip ****s can stop blocking in the back and holding .

not saying that at all, im saying that people talk about looking for ST TDs as the benchmark of success, il gladly take returns to the 35 or 40 more consistently than the 15 or 20 we get now.