PDA

View Full Version : Mcdaniels cost us this game...along with some other thoughts

bronco0608
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
1. Our running backs dance too much. I see why Pats fans hated Moroney. Physically, he is a beast. But what good is a running back who cant make a decision? One cut, then beast it. If he doesn't know by now, he never will know. Watch LT run, he see a hole and busts it. Maroney had three or four holes today that he blew because he danced. Just terrible.

2. I'm a huge Mcdaniels supporter, but he blew two second round picks last year in Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn. Quinn wasn't even active today. Alphonso Smith I can understand because he was rated as a 2nd round pick. But Quinn? Come on. Just terrible.

3. Why does our running game suck so bad? I have no answer. We got bigger, but we are literally averaging 2 yards per carry. That's like, the worst average ever. What can you say?

4. Mcdaniels cost us this game. Hurts me to say it, but he blew it with his play calling in the red zone. Blew it.

5. Klye Orton is damn good Quarterback. Enough said.

6. Perrish Cox had four passes defended this game. Pretty amazing, but he definitely not ready for prime time. Great nickle back until he is ready.

7. Bill Polian is amazing. His defense has four guys who make money (Mathis, Freeney, Brackett, and Bethea), everyone else in on the cheap, yet they are always good. And how in the hell are they smallest defense, but still good at run defense? I don't get it. When we were small, every team in the league ran on us. I hate Bill Polian.

8. Our schedule is too brutal for us to have winning record this year. We have been stuck with a 2nd place schedule for almost 10 years in row. You can't win big with that kind of schedule with subpar talent. And lets face it, compared to other nfl teams, our talent is subpar. Its hard for us to be objective, but even San Francisco fans wouldn't trade their roster for ours. We are solid, but talent wise, we just aren't there.

9. Peyton Hillis must be a headcase. So talented, but no coach since his high school days has trusted him to be a featured back. If he is so talented, why did he drop till the 7th round? Something has to be wrong with the kid.

10. Why even select a WR in the 1st round anymore? Ever since the NFL has enforced the "DB can't touch the WR after five yards rule" every Tom, Dick and Harry WR is a beast. Austin Collie and Brandon Lloyd both had 170 yard games. Austin Collie and Brandon freaking Lloyd. Emphasing that rule has completely changed the complexion of the NFL. 4,000 yards passing now is like 3,000 in the 90s. You can't touch these guys. So hard is it to be open? Its a joke.

BroncoManCanuck
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Players still have to make plays. Get off McDaniels already

montrose
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
10. Why even select a WR in the 1st round anymore? Ever since the NFL has enforced the "DB can't touch the WR after five yards rule" every Tom, Dick and Harry WR is a beast. Austin Collie and Brandon Lloyd both had 170 yard games. Austin Collie and Brandon freaking Lloyd. Emphasing that rule has completely changed the complexion of the NFL. 4,000 yards passing now is like 3,000 in the 90s. You can't touch these guys. So hard is it to be open? Its a joke.

Really good point, I think the WR position is overrated. I love DT and hope he develops into a stud but the rules favor offense so much you can find guys to get the job done.

go_broncos
09-26-2010, 08:33 PM
MCD Sucks in coaching..I am saying since last year.
He doesn't value the running game and there is no concept of TE's catching the ball.
Teams figured out his style and that's the reason we are losing games since bye week.
The only way he will be successful is to hire a offensive coordinator.

BroncoManCanuck
09-26-2010, 08:40 PM
He doesn't value the running game and there is no concept of TE's catching the ball.
Teams figured out his style and that's the reason we are losing games since bye week.

Douche

Goobzilla
09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Alphonso Smith wasn't the only 2nd rounder we struck out on in '09. R. Quinn can't make the gameday roster over Gronkowski (Scheffler's backup's backup).

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 08:48 PM
It doesn't surprise me that Richard "Medicine Woman" Quinn was inactive.

Broncos24
09-26-2010, 08:49 PM

Do you even know what you are talking about?

This has been the closest game we've played against the Manning. Broncos made some mistakes that cost the game it was not McD. You seems like a DP poster to me. Everytime we lost we blame it on McD.

Our defense really hold against Manning and I'm confident moving forward that we have a decent defense compared to what Shanahan fielded.

PLayers need to execute the play and they did not. There's a lot of mistakes. So just Shut the F**k Up.

That One Guy
09-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Do you even know what you are talking about?

This has been the closest game we've played against the Manning. Broncos made some mistakes that cost the game it was not McD. You seems like a DP poster to me. Everytime we lost we blame it on McD.

Our defense really hold against Manning and I'm confident moving forward that we have a decent defense compared to what Shanahan fielded.

PLayers need to execute the play and they did not. There's a lot of mistakes. So just Shut the **** Up.

Today wasn't Manning's best game (by a mile) yet we still weren't as close to winning as we were a few years ago when Mike freakin' Bell was destroying them.

Br0nc0Buster
09-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Today wasn't Manning's best game (by a mile) yet we still weren't as close to winning as we were a few years ago when Mike freakin' Bell was destroying them.

yeah I think that was the year we went 13-3 though and it turned out to be an outlier when we faced them

our defense never played the Colts tough like they did today

we should have won that game, not sure if I can say that about the other times we have played them

tsiguy96
09-26-2010, 08:56 PM
back to what actually happened today...mcdaniels did get sorta stubborn on goal line, a play action boot to buck woulda been a TD i think, but he wnated maroney to run it in. maroney should not have gotten near that many carries, what is andre brown on the roster for? on the 4th and 3, orton blew it. got a great matchup and rushed the pass.

montrose
09-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Alphonso Smith wasn't the only 2nd rounder we struck out on in '09. R. Quinn can't make the gameday roster over Gronkowski (Scheffler's backup's backup).

Not to absolve the Broncos from ****ty picks, but if you look at the entire 2nd round from that year there were quite a few misses league wide.

lostknight
09-26-2010, 09:04 PM
1. Our running backs dance too much.

Because we are not opening holes anymore, because we are not doing ZBS any more.

This system is designed to make Wide Receivers look like the second coming of Jerry Rice. Not for RBs.

But Quinn? Come on. Just terrible.

I'm inclined to chalk this up to system. We run wide receiver spreads, which means we need blocking TEs, not rushing ones. Daniel Graham has horrible hands comparatively, and Quinn's no better. McDaniels couldn't even get the ball to Sheffler, who just managed seventy yards and TD with the freaken Lions.

3. Why does our running game suck so bad? I have no answer.

Because Josh was unable to keep the best RB coach in the league around. Bobby Turner is gone, and any semblance of a run game with him. Coaches and players matter. Keeping them here and happy is important.

Sorry, I put him in the same category as Mike Bell and Tatum Bell. Decent player made much better by the system around him.

6. Perrish Cox had four passes defended this game. Pretty amazing, but he definitely not ready for prime time. Great nickle back until he is ready.

He may not get to wait.

8. Our schedule is too brutal for us to have winning record this year.

You mean our team is too suck to win against the teams we have to play this year.

9. Peyton Hillis must be a headcase. So talented, but no coach since his high school days has trusted him to be a featured back.

What's with this revisonism crap I see everywhere. In college he was a FB, and a damn good one - blocking for McFadden and Felix Jones. He was a FB until he was forced to be a RB/WR. Once he had the opportunity here, he lit it up. Had Shanny stayed here, he would have been a huge component of the offense.

McDaniels didn't use him, and traded him. Now he is lighting it up on his first real try in Cleveland.

It's part of the reason McDaniels is going to a WR friendly system. In this case, I see far more upside to number ones like DT.

tsiguy96
09-26-2010, 09:06 PM
love how guys spin everything to make mcdaniels and orton look awful. cant dispute how good orton played overall today, minus the pick and 4th and 3 pass.

Missouribronc
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
So, the No. 2 reason Denver lost today was Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn?

Someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

lostknight
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
minus the pick and 4th and 3 pass.

Riiiiiiiight. Minus the things that made us loose the game, Orton did well today.

underrated29
09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
dude, we have an easy ass schedule this year.... The last 7-8 games should all be wins. That means if we can win 2-3 games before we hit week 8 we are pretty golden.

Did you actually look at the schedule.....?

BroncoManCanuck
09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
so, the no. 2 reason denver lost today was alphonso smith and richard quinn?

Someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

rofl

ghwk
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Really good point, I think the WR position is overrated. I love DT and hope he develops into a stud but the rules favor offense so much you can find guys to get the job done.

Ask Brett Farve how important a wide receiver is. Mc is doing fine, his vision wasn't shanahans so it will take a while to put together the personnel he needs.

doonwise
09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
We could have won this game! It was close. Closer than the score reflects. We are still not a great team, but we are definitely better. I really think we are getting better than we were under Shanahan (his last 4 years or so).

Also, I'm very encouraged by our 2010 guys. Let's face it, the 2009 draft is a wash -- we didn't have the scouts up to speed due to the regime change. The only real thing McD/Xanders should be faulted for is not trading as many of those 2009 picks for future picks so we would have had a chance for all the scouts, HC, front office to firmly get on the same page. Hindsight, etc.

Anyway, the sky isn't falling. The future looks bright. We need some D-line help and a massive short yardage back. I do prefer the zone blocking running scheme, but hopefully McD will get his power running game up to speed SOON.

Pseudofool
09-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Execution was the problem, not the gameplan. The gameplan was the only reason that the the game was remotely close. The approach to the Colts was better than it's ever been in the recent (and seemingly not so recent) past.

Popps
09-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Execution was the problem, not the gameplan. The gameplan was the only reason that the the game was remotely close. The approach to the Colts was better than it's ever been in the recent (and seemingly not so recent) past.

Agree. The game-plan was fantastic.

You have to punch the ****ing ball in from the 1, though. McDaniels can't come out on the field and show these guys who to block in the middle of a play.

TheChamp24
09-26-2010, 10:02 PM
dude, we have an easy ass schedule this year.... The last 7-8 games should all be wins. That means if we can win 2-3 games before we hit week 8 we are pretty golden.

Did you actually look at the schedule.....?

A Kansas City team that I would be hard pressed to say we are better than
A Charger team that has loads more talent than us
A Houston team that kicked the crap out of the team we just lost to by 14 points

I find it ridiculous you say the last 7-8 games are all wins. We aren't going to sweep the Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders, we will have a difficult time handling Houston and Arizona. You see 7-8 wins, I see 4 losses there.
People need to get it out of their heads that this is a good team. It's a mediocre team, an average team and will have trouble winning games against other mediocre teams/good teams.
We have a really rough season ahead of us I feel this year. I honestly feel it will take a long time for the running game to become any sort of threat, the offense will struggle to score points and the defense will get worn out.
I think if we come out of this season 8-8, it will be a victory at this point.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Just a quick question. Why are we running side-ways against the smaller defense when we have a "bigger" line?

Durango
09-26-2010, 10:36 PM
It seemed to me that McDaniels had a great game plan for this game. It sure as hell seemed to surprise the Colts. The miscues and some questionable 4th down decisions/execution seemed to be the difference between winning and losing.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 10:39 PM
McDaniels went aggressive in his game plan and it didn't pay off. I like that my coach isn't a pussy.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
A Kansas City team that I would be hard pressed to say we are better than
A Charger team that has loads more talent than us
A Houston team that kicked the crap out of the team we just lost to by 14 points

I find it ridiculous you say the last 7-8 games are all wins. We aren't going to sweep the Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders, we will have a difficult time handling Houston and Arizona. You see 7-8 wins, I see 4 losses there.
People need to get it out of their heads that this is a good team. It's a mediocre team, an average team and will have trouble winning games against other mediocre teams/good teams.
We have a really rough season ahead of us I feel this year. I honestly feel it will take a long time for the running game to become any sort of threat, the offense will struggle to score points and the defense will get worn out.
I think if we come out of this season 8-8, it will be a victory at this point.

A Charger team that lost today to the team we whooped last weekend?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 10:42 PM
McDaniels went aggressive in his game plan and it didn't pay off. I like that my coach isn't a p***Y.

I'm with you for the most part, but... damn...

It is easy -- lazy, and easy -- to criticize going for it on 4th. Not a high-percentage, and we go for it more than a lot of teams. I like that he's not a pussy, but...

Points on the board are necessary.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 10:46 PM

It is easy -- lazy, and easy -- to criticize going for it on 4th. Not a high-percentage, and we go for it more than a lot of teams. I like that he's not a p***Y, but...

I actually agree, I believe, and it sounds dumb, that McD believed we had to score a TD on every drive to beat these guys, which turned out to not be the case.

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 10:48 PM
I agree with Josh going for it...a FG wasn't going to do dick for this team, we needed that score.

Pseudofool
09-26-2010, 10:52 PM
I agree with Josh going for it...a FG wasn't going to do dick for this team, we needed that score.Expactly, it wasn't the gamble everyone is making it out to be.

As good as the Oline was, we can't forget how many inexperienced players are starting, and how many in-game goal line situations have they had? Maybe a half-a-dozen plays.

This team may not make the playoffs (I'm certainly not counting it out), but I like where it's going (even though it's going to take longer than I anticipated/predicated/hoped).

Hercules Rockefeller
09-26-2010, 10:55 PM
This team may not make the playoffs (I'm certainly not counting it out), but I like where it's going (even though it's going to take longer than I anticipated/predicated/hoped).

So do I. Young OL to build around with KO, Thomas, and Moreno. They need a defensive draft next April, especially on the Front 7. They need another difference maker to go along with Elvis.

ScottXray
09-26-2010, 10:55 PM
1. Our running backs dance too much. I see why Pats fans hated Moroney. Physically, he is a beast. But what good is a running back who cant make a decision? One cut, then beast it. If he doesn't know by now, he never will know. Watch LT run, he see a hole and busts it. Maroney had three or four holes today that he blew because he danced. Just terrible.
Agree, Moroney didn't get the yards he should have.

2. I'm a huge Mcdaniels supporter, but he blew two second round picks last year in Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn. Quinn wasn't even active today. Alphonso Smith I can understand because he was rated as a 2nd round pick. But Quinn? Come on. Just terrible.
Don't care, at least he realised the Smith pick was not working well enough.
Quinn? ?????

3. Why does our running game suck so bad? I have no answer. We got bigger, but we are literally averaging 2 yards per carry. That's like, the worst average ever. What can you say?
3 first year players starting, this should get better. But they better start to get it done soon or we are gonna be cooked by the mid point of the season.
I also don't know why they can't seem to open any real holes.

4. Mcdaniels cost us this game. Hurts me to say it, but he blew it with his play calling in the red zone. Blew it.

I'm a McD supporter...and I agree ....he cost us this game by not getting points. Instead of instilling confifence he shot us in the foot , over and over.
D had to have a little air let out each time they held and the O came away empty.

Kyle too. But he needs to see the open men better. locked in on some people down in the RZ and they were reading his eyes.

Manning does that to everyone. Just once I wish we didn't have to play rookie corners against him.

7. Bill Polian is amazing. His defense has four guys who make money (Mathis, Freeney, Brackett, and Bethea), everyone else in on the cheap, yet they are always good. And how in the hell are they smallest defense, but still good at run defense? I don't get it. When we were small, every team in the league ran on us. I hate Bill Polian.
I do too...but the Indy LBs were the difference

8. Our schedule is too brutal for us to have winning record this year. We have been stuck with a 2nd place schedule for almost 10 years in row. You can't win big with that kind of schedule with subpar talent. And lets face it, compared to other nfl teams, our talent is subpar. Its hard for us to be objective, but even San Francisco fans wouldn't trade their roster for ours. We are solid, but talent wise, we just aren't there.

9. Peyton Hillis must be a headcase. So talented, but no coach since his high school days has trusted him to be a featured back. If he is so talented, why did he drop till the 7th round? Something has to be wrong with the kid.

Ex Broncos don't interest me.

Agree...and against Manning someone always lights us up.

broncolife
09-26-2010, 11:02 PM

D allows a 80 yard td drive
O 3 and out
D allows a 56 yard td drive
O turnover on downs
D gets a 3 and out
O punt
D allows a 71 yard td drive
O scores a td
D gets a 3 and out
O 3 and out
D gets an Int
O gets 4 plays off before time expires in 2nd
O 3 and out
D gets a 3 and out
O punts
D gets an Int at indy 37
O throws a pick
D gets a 3 and out
O missed field goal
D gets an int at indy 24
O goes 4 plays then field goal
D gets a 3 and out
O scores
D allows an 80 yard td drive
O goes 4 and out

D forces Indy to punt
O 3 and out
D holds Indy to a field goal
O punts
D forces a punt
Spteams fumbles at our 14
D holds indy to a field goal
O picked off at our 26
D allows a td
O turnover on downs
D forces a punt
O field goal
O td
D forces a 3 and out
O 3 and out
D allows a 79 yard td drive
O field goal
D forces a punt
O turnover on downs
D allows an 88 yard td drive
O turnover on downs
D forces a punt

2009 defense

D allows a 80 yard td drive
D allows a 56 yard td drive
D allows an 80 yard td drive
D allows a 71 yard td drive
D had 5 3 and outs with a punt
3 turnovers 2 being deep in Indys territory
*first time Manning ever won with 3 picks

2010 defense

D allows allows a 26 yard td drive
D allows a 79 yard td drive
D allows an 88 yard td drive
D had 1 3 and out with a punt
5 forced punts
2 field goals

2009 O

3 3 and outs
1 turnover
1 turnover on downs
1 Missed field goal
5 punts
2 tds
1 field goal

2010 O

2 3 and outs
3 turnover on downs
1 turnover
3 punts
2 field goals
1 td

Seems to me like the Offense is to blame in both games

strafen
09-26-2010, 11:17 PM
The only way he will be successful is to hire a offensive coordinator.You've got to have a running game no matter how you slice it.
Mcdaniels strength is the passing game. He can give a rat's ass about the running game.
He brought that concept from NE. This is NOT NE. We lost Bobby Turner our RB coach, Rick Dennison our OL coach and people wonder why our running game is not working?
Hello?
If Mcdaniels s going to make changes, do it for the better.
Our OL is strong in pass protection, but leaves a lot to be desired in run blocking.
We don't use TE's, why trade for one?
You've got a blocking TE highly regarded by McDaniels in Richard Quinn who was inactive today, and probably a bust in the making considering what we gave up to reach for him...

SonOfLe-loLang
09-27-2010, 12:42 AM
I agree with Josh going for it...a FG wasn't going to do dick for this team, we needed that score.

Disagree 100 percent. Though Peyton has had our number in the past, we were doing a damn good job today of keeping him in check. You take the 3 points and make the colts drive 80 yards for a TD. If it was 4th and 1, maybe you try, but 4th and 3? We had momentum, we definitely would have gotten the ball back, take the 3 and make them drive 80 to put you away.

Pseudofool
09-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Disagree 100 percent. Though Peyton has had our number in the past, we were doing a damn good job today of keeping him in check. You take the 3 points and make the colts drive 80 yards for a TD. If it was 4th and 1, maybe you try, but 4th and 3? We had momentum, we definitely would have gotten the ball back, take the 3 and make them drive 80 to put you away.Unless you're suggesting the defense was demoralized by the failure on fourth and one, I don't see how you can like our odds with Peyton at the 20 instead of the 1. An 11 point lead take just as much to overcome as a 14 point lead.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Unless you're suggesting the defense was demoralized by the failure on fourth and one, I don't see how you can like our odds with Peyton at the 20 instead of the 1. An 11 point lead take just as much to overcome as a 14 point lead.

We'd been playing Peyton pretty well to that point, i'd like to challenge them to go 80 yards and elongate the game when we had momentum. And it was a 4th and 3...I didn't like our odds going into the play (as i was screaming at the TV), and clearly was not pleased with the result.

Baba Booey
09-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Our redzone offense is probably the worst I've ever seen. My God.

snowspot66
09-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Our redzone offense is probably the worst I've ever seen. My God.

It's been this bad for years. Never seems to get any better. Don't know why we can't get one ****ing yard.

Baba Booey
09-27-2010, 02:02 AM
I was kind of hoping McDaniels would give Tebow a shot in the wildcat down in the red zone.

Mogulseeker
09-27-2010, 03:20 AM
While I wish we would have kicked the field goal when it was 13-20, I understand McDaniels reasoning.

But reasoning I don't understand is blaming the coach for a fumble, a pick, and having a 1st and goal from the 2 and not capitalizing.

This was an encouraging game: we played with the defending AFC champions.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-27-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm still stuck reading how the Colts have a good run defense.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 07:17 AM
The last 4th down throw was bad if Orton would've went to the middle he had a wr open on the slant I don't know if the designed play was to the right or not but he needs to survey the field a little

tsiguy96
09-27-2010, 07:18 AM
I'm still stuck reading how the Colts have a good run defense.

going into this game they were #2 in pass defense...thats all gone....

Pony Boy
09-27-2010, 07:37 AM
We were in this game until the last quarter........... 4 years ago it would of been over in the first quarter........... baby steps but it's getting better.

Rascal
09-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Orton played well...except when he got close to the end zone or clutch situations and then he becomes his usual self.

And I'm tired of hearing the same arguments (i.e. it's a young team and we are rebuilding). Well guess what...couple of years ago we heard the same thing with Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Co. Young or old you have to produce and execute and they aren't. Not to mention the play calling in the end zone was awful.

The defense game plan worked, but I can't consider an offensive game plan successful when you only put up 13 points.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-27-2010, 08:33 AM
There isn't any one thing that cost us the game. There were several factors.

TonyR
09-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Because Josh was unable to keep the best RB coach in the league around. Bobby Turner is gone, and any semblance of a run game with him.

Please. How was our running game last year with Bobby Turner? And how is Washington's running game doing this year?

SonOfLe-loLang
09-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Please. How was our running game last year with Bobby Turner? And how is Washington's running game doing this year?

Around these parts, people often forget that coaches coach and players play. They are under the impression that the coaches control the players with joysticks like its Madden

TheChamp24
09-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Orton played well...except when he got close to the end zone or clutch situations and then he becomes his usual self.

This, rushed throws(especially the 4th and 3 throw) and misread where to throw.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-27-2010, 09:28 AM
This, rushed throws(especially the 4th and 3 throw) and misread where to throw.

Seemed to me that Lloyd ran the wrong route on that, but there's no way to tell for sure.

bendog
09-27-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure compareing coyers defense to today is fair. I realize the colts are still very successful, but Addai doesn't seem to me to be the same runner James was, and I think Harrison and Wayne with Stockely and Clarke was truly a beast of an offense. The four db's denver has now are much better than when we had Kenoy Kennedy and Walls back there, I'd agree to that. Both defenses had problems with the front 7.

Orton showed, again, that he just isn't capable of winning games by making plays on his own. He's an ok qb. If the had Balt or the Jets defenses .... The oline is a work in progress, but I'm still curious why McDaniels took a rb in the first who is a finesse runner if he wants a power game. I'm not sure if I can fairly criticize a game plan where they have to run something like 13 plays in the redzone to get 3 pts, and it was the plays not working and not turnovers. I mean it wasn't like McDaniels abandoned an running game that was ramming it into the end zone.

Time will tell, but nothing is happening to show anything but McDaniels is a good offensive coach, but needed a strong front office. Unfortuntantely, Shanny pretty much made sure that didn't exist in Denver. But, it does make me respect even more McNair hired R66v6s to intially put together the texans organization, and they picked charlie casserly to be the GM, and they gradually groomed Rick Smith who came from the Broncos with Kubes for the job. I hope this isn't a Shanny type situation where he got on the job training with Oakland, and then had success elsewhere at Oak's expense.

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM

It is easy -- lazy, and easy -- to criticize going for it on 4th. Not a high-percentage, and we go for it more than a lot of teams. I like that he's not a p***Y, but...

I can argue it both ways. I can see the argument to be aggressive, risk it and get 7 at home, but a sure 3 in a close game I wouldn't mind.

I do admire McD consistently goes for it on 4th down, though. He has a young offensive team that hopefully learns how to execute properly together.

TheReverend
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
It doesn't surprise me that Richard "Medicine Woman" Quinn was inactive.

Using this irl every week from here on out.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-27-2010, 11:55 AM
I can argue it both ways. I can see the argument to be aggressive, risk it and get 7 at home, but a sure 3 in a close game I wouldn't mind.

I do admire McD consistently goes for it on 4th down, though. He has a young offensive team that hopefully learns how to execute properly together.

This is really well stated. And I think that if we're on the road, we actually do kick the field goals in that situation. But at home? Trying to put the pressure on Manning and that O? If we score that touchdown -- which is a big if, of course -- at Mile High, with the crowd going bonkers... that's a tough situation for any quarterback, even the great Peyton Manning.