PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clady is just beastly

Clockwork Orange
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Still recovering from the knee injury and knocking off the rust, he stonewalled Dwight Freeney today (the only time I noticed Freeney on a pass rush today was on a stunt where he came up the middle). The O-line is really in flux between injuries and inexperience, but this guy is just a rock. ^5

Broncosfreak_56
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
I was worried about this game because of Freeney's speed. I am just amazed a less than 100% Clady can still shut down the best speed rusher in the league. Just awesome.

Bronco Rob
09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
:strong:

gyldenlove
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Ryan Clady is a dancing bear, he has the quickness to completely nullify Freeney and the power to bury much bigger guy, he is a super star. I saw a few replays of Freeney and every single one was Freeney being stoned cold by Clady, either shut down right off the snap or pushed well wide of Orton.

Popps
09-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Clady is the man.

Now, we just have to figure out who the other man is going to be.

Any premiere RT's available early rounds this coming year?

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Clady and Beadles played well in the pass game.

HILife
09-26-2010, 06:02 PM
The Oline pass blocking looked good today.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
He really is. Great to have a guy like that to anchor the line for the next 10 years.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I am just amazed a less than 100% Clady can still shut down the SECOND best speed rusher in the league. Just awesome.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Drunk Monkey
09-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Sweeet so we like him again.

montrose
09-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Ryan's recovery is certainly one of the best stories of the Broncos season thus far. I was fearful that the type of injury he sustained would be a killer for him since his greatest attribute is his quickness - thankfully he's looked better each week and it looks like he'll be the same player long term. I thought Beadles looked better in pass-pro and if, and it's a big if, Harris can't get healthy then Beadles may be able to slide in at LG. the big issue to me is the lack of push they're getting in the run game. I noticed a few holes Maroney missed but for the most part, just as it's been since the very first practice, the Broncos' OL gets stalemated at the LOS on nearly every running play. Hopefully with every game they'll get better but the Broncos won't play a weaker run defense than the Colts and Indy's run D stuffed us all day. Harris has to get healthy, he just HAS TO.

Shoemaker
09-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Clady is the man.

I'm not sure why we'd spend an early-round pick on a right tackle.

I know a lot of people around here are down on Harris, and his injury history is certainly discouraging. But when healthy, he's proven that he's one of the best right tackles in the league; our disparity in record with and without him last year shows how important he is to this team.

And I can hardly chalk this latest injury up to him being "injury prone." I mean, Buckhalter basically headbutted him in the back of the leg. Its a freak accident; blaming Harris for getting hurt like that is hardly fair.

And even IF Harris can never be healthy long enough to be our RT of the future (which is a bigger "if" than people think at this point; I still like his chances if RB's don't dive into him), Beadles' performance so far has been very encouraging. After a bad first game against Kampmann, he has REALLY improved in pass protection the past two weeks. Today he went toe to toe with Robert Mathis and definitely held his own; not bad for a rookie making his third start at a position he didn't play at for most of the preseason.

Between the two of them, I just don't think we need to go looking for a RT in the first day of the draft next year. I would be all for drafting some late round O-Line backup, but given our needs on the defensive front, I don't think we can justify spending a high pick next year on a tackle. We've got enough young talent at the position in my opinion.

UberBroncoMan
09-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Beadles was a ****ing beast in pass protection today. I saw him spear the **** out of Mathis. It was beautiful.

Br0nc0Buster
09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Beadles impressed me as well today
Clady is Clady, best player on our team and best LT in the game

would like to see more from Walton and Daniels
Walton got pushed back several times on running plays it seemed

Los Broncos
09-26-2010, 10:52 PM
He looked good today and has gotten better with each game.

I just hope Harris can stay heathly once he comes back.

~Crash~
09-26-2010, 11:18 PM

I know a lot of people around here are down on Harris, and his injury history is certainly discouraging. But when healthy, he's proven that he's one of the best right tackles in the league; our disparity in record with and without him last year shows how important he is to this team.

And I can hardly chalk this latest injury up to him being "injury prone." I mean, Buckhalter basically headbutted him in the back of the leg. Its a freak accident; blaming Harris for getting hurt like that is hardly fair.

And even IF Harris can never be healthy long enough to be our RT of the future (which is a bigger "if" than people think at this point; I still like his chances if RB's don't dive into him), Beadles' performance so far has been very encouraging. After a bad first game against Kampmann, he has REALLY improved in pass protection the past two weeks. Today he went toe to toe with Robert Mathis and definitely held his own; not bad for a rookie making his third start at a position he didn't play at for most of the preseason.

Between the two of them, I just don't think we need to go looking for a RT in the first day of the draft next year. I would be all for drafting some late round O-Line backup, but given our needs on the defensive front, I don't think we can justify spending a high pick next year on a tackle. We've got enough young talent at the position in my opinion.

we got like 5 picks. and very few late round picks I want D linemen

Popps
09-26-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure why we'd spend an early-round pick on a right tackle..

I think first day picks should be OL and DL, exclusively this coming draft.

RT is a big need. Harris can't play football. The routine has run its course, and I'll guarantee you the staff is pondering options for next season.

~Crash~
09-26-2010, 11:22 PM

RT is a big need. Harris can't play football. The routine has run its course, and I'll guarantee you the staff is pondering options for next season.

you act like we got picks coming out our ears...

and pops is on a fishing trip by the way I don't even believe he thinks this he is trying to stir the pot .

baja
09-26-2010, 11:25 PM
The Oline pass blocking looked good today.

Except for the two costly holding penalties on Walton.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 11:26 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3537/82104202jpg21576crop340.jpg

~Crash~
09-26-2010, 11:29 PM

Walton was not having his best day for some reason. I dont think of Indy when it comes to great nose tackles . Coyer must of been at full attack thew the Walton and Stanley holes ....

baja
09-26-2010, 11:30 PM

Disagree. The concern was his bad back that has not been an issue. He is out due to a freak accident that would have sidelined any player on the team.

broncswin
09-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Our line gets better every week...the young guys are coming along quickly...time to get the run blocking cleaned up...this team is on the verge of a break out. Their offense is sick between the 20's and when we figure out how to score in the redzone and run the ball with just a little more consistency things will turn fast. The loss yesterday sucked, but if people can't see how close we are to becoming a very good team, then they are just hating.

Not trying to sugar coat anything, our run game is stinking it up right now...I was blaming the oline the first two weeks, but this week our running backs just flat out missed the holes that were being opened...an McD really shiat the bed on the redzone play calls and thinking we could just pick up every fourth down we faced, but you can see this team is starting to play with confidence and consistency on both sides of the ball. Cox had some terrible f-ups and the position he plays only magnifies them, but he is a rookie and that was his first start...this kid will be a good player with some more reps, just like this young oline, he will grow.

the next few games are gonna be tough as hell, but I believe this is the best thing for this team right now, they need to see the level these teams are playing at and then try to equal them!

HorseHead
09-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Harris would get hurt licking an envelope...

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 07:58 AM

Disagree. The concern was his bad back that has not been an issue. He is out due to a freak accident that would have sidelined any player on the team.

I can think of at least one guy that it didn't sideline.

Please see Exhibit A below for what happens when you nail a non injury prone OLineman in the back of the legs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81aa8424/Buckhalter-1-yard-TD-run

baja
09-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Our line gets better every week...the young guys are coming along quickly...time to get the run blocking cleaned up...this team is on the verge of a break out. Their offense is sick between the 20's and when we figure out how to score in the redzone and run the ball with just a little more consistency things will turn fast. The loss yesterday sucked, but if people can't see how close we are to becoming a very good team, then they are just hating.

Not trying to sugar coat anything, our run game is stinking it up right now...I was blaming the oline the first two weeks, but this week our running backs just flat out missed the holes that were being opened...an McD really shiat the bed on the redzone play calls and thinking we could just pick up every fourth down we faced, but you can see this team is starting to play with confidence and consistency on both sides of the ball. Cox had some terrible f-ups and the position he plays only magnifies them, but he is a rookie and that was his first start...this kid will be a good player with some more reps, just like this young oline, he will grow.

the next few games are gonna be tough as hell, but I believe this is the best thing for this team right now, they need to see the level these teams are playing at and then try to equal them!

Excellent take.

In defense of Josh 4th down calls normally you would take the field goals but I suspect he felt he was playing a far superior team and to win he had to take a few chances. I think he calls the game like a chess master would, that is accounting for many variables beyond the field such as strength of opponent.

He felt the Broncos needed to take this game and we almost did.

Really liked the rest of your post.

baja
09-27-2010, 08:35 AM
I can think of at least one guy that it didn't sideline.

Please see Exhibit A below for what happens when you nail a non injury prone OLineman in the back of the legs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81aa8424/Buckhalter-1-yard-TD-run

Come on Bean I'm pretty sure you know that is apples & oranges.

Harris may turn out to be physically fragile but I think the verdict is better held until the end of this season. He could go 10 years without another injury or he could be get injured every other game. How he gets through this season will determine if he is a Bronco next season or not is the way to go.

baja
09-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Buck looked the best he has all season.

LoMo has talent but he needs coaching. He's got to stop dancing.

Wonder when we will see Brown?

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Come on Bean I'm pretty sure you know that is apples & oranges.

Harris may turn out to be physically fragile but I think the verdict is better held until the end of this season. He could go 10 years without another injury or he could be get injured every other game. How he gets through this season will determine if he is a Bronco next season or not is the way to go.

Quiet, you! It was the perfect excuse to post that clip. Not only does it feature the same exact player taking out an OLineman in the back of the knees, but it actually shows us successfully converting a goal line running play.....something everyone here desperately needed to see.

I do agree though.....it's now on Harris to bounce back from this one and show that it's just a freak thing. If he goes down so much as one more time, though, before the end of the season....I don't care if it's a supposed "freak" injury or not.....my mind will be made up.

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Clady is the man.

Sheesh, Beadles totally neutralized the "great" Mathis. Beadles looked pretty dang good. Good smooth footwork, used his arms well. Orton had all day to pass.

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Ryan's recovery is certainly one of the best stories of the Broncos season thus far. I was fearful that the type of injury he sustained would be a killer for him since his greatest attribute is his quickness - thankfully he's looked better each week and it looks like he'll be the same player long term. I thought Beadles looked better in pass-pro and if, and it's a big if, Harris can't get healthy then Beadles may be able to slide in at LG. the big issue to me is the lack of push they're getting in the run game. I noticed a few holes Maroney missed but for the most part, just as it's been since the very first practice, the Broncos' OL gets stalemated at the LOS on nearly every running play. Hopefully with every game they'll get better but the Broncos won't play a weaker run defense than the Colts and Indy's run D stuffed us all day. Harris has to get healthy, he just HAS TO.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen a little more success running to the right over Beadles than I've seen running to the left over Clady.

I'm not picking sides on this, just making a comment.

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 09:12 AM

Agreed.

Popps
09-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Sheesh, Beadles totally neutralized the "great" Mathis. Beadles looked pretty dang good. Good smooth footwork, used his arms well. Orton had all day to pass.

But, Beadles' future is at guard, no?

Rock Chalk
09-27-2010, 10:16 AM

Maybe but if he can play that well at RT then why waste a pick on the line?

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 10:50 AM

I don't think so. He's playing well at RT.

Well, if Harris comes back maybe Beadles is a better LG than Daniels, but I don't have a problem with Beadles at RT. Maybe one more 2nd, 3rd on the OL next year solidifies the OL for years. Daniels looks about the same as Beadles did at LG. LG is not Beadles natural position, but he can play it.

I guess the bottom line is Beadles is a versatile player.

Kaylore
09-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I'd like Broncostein to come in here and eat Crow. Despite our insistence that everything was fine he kept banging the drum that Clady was done and would suck all year. He's played better every game and even in his first game back against the Vikings we was better than his backups.

Rohirrim
09-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Yeah, but that body slam he put on the DT was pretty sweet. ;D

baja
09-27-2010, 10:56 AM
I'd like Broncostein to come in here and eat Crow. Despite our insistence that everything was fine he kept banging the drum that Clady was done and would suck all year. He's played better every game and even in his first game back against the Vikings we was better than his backups.

You will hardly ever see a case where an Allotropic doctor will admit to being wrong.

It's against the hypocritical oath. ;D

baja
09-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah, but that body slam he put on the DT was pretty sweet. ;D

Considering he is a rookie he has played amazing and gets almost no credit around here for it.

cmhargrove
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Beadles impressed me as well today
Clady is Clady, best player on our team and best LT in the game

would like to see more from Walton and Daniels
Walton got pushed back several times on running plays it seemed

If I remember correctly, Walton did provide the last key block on the big TD pass to Brandon Lloyd.

Champagne Powder
09-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I can't wait for the Pro Bowl ballot to come out because I am going to stuff over 5,000 votes for Clady.

gyldenlove
09-27-2010, 12:02 PM

If he turns out to be a stud RT his future is there, better draft another G to plug in at LG than move a really good RT.

Right now, I would have to say that DL and ILB are the biggest needs we have. Haggan really came on yesterday, but I think that is in large part due to Dawkins manning up on Clark a lot leaving Haggan to bump the TE and play the run, that is what he does.

DL definitely needs to be addressed, Vickerson seems like a decent rotational guy as does Thomas, Bannan can start, but Mcbean still doesn't look good and Williams is playing on borrowed time.

Br0nc0Buster
09-27-2010, 12:24 PM
If I remember correctly, Walton did provide the last key block on the big TD pass to Brandon Lloyd.

I dont have a problem with his pass blocking, but the couple plays I was thinking of were running plays where he literally got pushed backwards like 2 yards
I also remember Daniels getting pushed back and against Seattle Daniels actually got pancaked into Moreno

I dont understand how they can stand up linemen on pass plays but get ragdolled and thrown like bitches on run plays

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I dont understand how they can stand up linemen on pass plays but get ragdolled and thrown like b****es on run plays

Makes me think we should just run draw plays all day.....

cutthemdown
09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
How's his run blocking look. Seems to me he's not always getting his hat on his guy long enough. I still think he is hurt because usually he holds his blocks longer.

Mogulseeker
09-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Just like to point out about J. Dukes comment on his best olinemen list... he normally doesnt give the Broncos much love but he said Clady is the best tackle in the league, and is probably the best offensive lineman in the league.

BMarsh615
09-27-2010, 02:46 PM
He's still is a bad fit for the running game McD likes. So he will probably be traded.