PDA

View Full Version : Don't panic!

steeledude
09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
The game today is just how we're going to stack up against the upper echelon teams. We'll do all right with other average teams, but when it comes to true powerhouses, we can't hang. That's cool. That's the bed "the Coach" has made for us, and at this point we have to just ride it out until they can get someone in here who can put a solid team together.

After all of the "the Coach's" retooling, we are right back to where we were when Shanny left. An offense that moves the ball well between the 20s, sucks in the red zone, and a pretty crappy defense.

The next step is to see if his replacements for the pro bowl talent can take it to the next level. Personally I just say ride his stay out. We'll be relevant again one day.

And I know the first 12 responses to this will be those 12 guys who have 20,000+ posts who love everything "the Coach" does. That's cool. These aggressive rose colored Broncos fans are a good thing too, I figured out, because when "the Coach" is fired, they'll be the most adamant supporters of it and revise everything they say.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
The Broncos are worse off. The QB has hit his ceiling, the OL is a mess when it comes to run blocking, the RBs look slow, and the defense is old.

Thank god we drafted a project QB tho.

NYBronco
09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm a koolaid drinker and like the progress of the passing game, protection and talented WR's. Red zone needs to be addressed and the nonexistent running game but McD is building a good football team. Defense played well with the rookie Cox and against the future Hall of Famer Manning. Expect to see improvement through the year.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-26-2010, 04:47 PM
The Broncos are worse off. The QB has hit his ceiling, the OL is a mess when it comes to run blocking, the RBs look slow, and the defense is old.

If our QB has hit "his ceiling" its a pretty ****ing high ceiling.

BlaK-Argentina
09-26-2010, 04:49 PM
If you are waiting for McD to get fired I think you'll be waiting a long time. Don't hold your breath.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 04:50 PM

Hilarious!

476 yards

Punisher
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
The game today is just how we're going to stack up against the upper echelon teams.

lol Quote of the year

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
The next 3 weeks are going to be painful.

UberBroncoMan
09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
In before Airplane! video.

ZachKC
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
The game today is just how we're going to stack up against the upper echelon teams. We'll do all right with other average teams,

Like the Jags.

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Hilarious!
476 yards

Outside of the long bomb, how many in the redzone, on third down, and before the game was out of reach?

519 yards and only 13 points is UNACCEPTABLE.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
If our QB has hit "his ceiling" its a pretty ****ing high ceiling.

He is what he is- a guy who can put up some numbers in a QB friendly attack that throws the ball 40-50 times per game, but also a guy who does not win games on his arm when the game is on the line.

Orton is both not the problem, nor the solution for this team.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Hilarious!

476 yards

3-10 since the bye last year.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Outside of the long bomb, how many in the redzone, on third down, and before the game was out of reach?

519 yards and only 13 points is UNACCEPTABLE.

Was I making the point that the offense was good? No, I was making the point that our QB, who "has reached his ceiling" threw for almost 500 yards.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 05:02 PM

Ceiling. Ceiling.

Ceiling.

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

Punisher
09-26-2010, 05:08 PM

http://www.grandprofile.com/Myspace_Comments/Gambling_Comments/images/Slot-Machine.gif

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Was I making the point that the offense was good? No, I was making the point that our QB, who "has reached his ceiling" threw for almost 500 yards.

Once upon a time, Gus Frerotte did too.

And won!

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Ceiling. Ceiling.

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

Interesting, you choose to laugh while the Broncos are sucking. I don't find the crappy offensive gameplanning or total abomination of a run game to be amusing at all.

13 points at home vs an injured defense with mediocre to bad run stopping ability. Party time in the Dagmar household

Rigs11
09-26-2010, 05:24 PM
What a bunch of nannies. Don't you have some wife/ girlfriend beating to do?it's a 16 game season for a reason. We lost to the colts. Oh noes the season is over. Pussies.

KevinJames
09-26-2010, 05:28 PM
AFC West

Chiefs 3-0 Broncos 1-2 Raiders 1-2 Chargers 1-2

far from panicking....

if we are at least 4-4 at the bye we have a great chance at making the playoffs.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
What a bunch of nannies. Don't you have some wife/ girlfriend beating to do?it's a 16 game season for a reason. We lost to the colts. Oh noes the season is over. Pussies.

season isn't over, but 7-9ish is looking like reality.

Again.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM

The QB has hit his ceiling? I thought he did that last year.

Newsflash for the dumb ****: Kyle Orton's ceiling seemingly gets higher every week.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Interesting, you choose to laugh while the Broncos are sucking. I don't find the crappy offensive gameplanning or total abomination of a run game to be amusing at all.

13 points at home vs an injured defense with mediocre to bad run stopping ability. Party time in the Dagmar household

I think you left out one key ingredient from that Colts team that typically doesn't allow the opponent to feel too confidently about themselves, regardless of their own running game or defense (they were bad last year, too).

OABB
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Pussies.

Punisher
09-26-2010, 05:52 PM
AFC West

Chiefs 3-0 Broncos 1-2 Raiders 1-2 Chargers 1-2

far from panicking....

if we are at least 4-4 at the bye we have a great chance at making the playoffs.

Don't hold your breath

mhgaffney
09-26-2010, 06:06 PM
It's going to be a long season.

KevinJames
09-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Don't hold your breath

lol its definitely not impossible.....

HAT
09-26-2010, 10:02 PM
season isn't over, but 7-9ish is looking like reality.

Again.

Shanahan era is over bro...Get over it.

strafen
09-26-2010, 10:42 PM
We played well. I don't think anybody expected us to win this game.
At one point we were close enough to feel we could've pulled this one off.
The turnovers only cost us 10 points, and really, could've easily turned into a blow out, so we've got lucky there.
Our running game needs attention, unfortuantely, this is what it is. We won't be having a running game this year that would adequately compliment our passing game. Sorry, not this year. We're so far behind the eight-ball there, that we just need to ride it out.
We need a physical running back that can pound the ball and wear out defenses; not the elusive type running backs like we have...

montrose
09-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I wonder what the reaction would've been if in 2008 the Broncos played the Colts, Cutler threw for over 400 yards and we lost to Manning because of two failed 4th down calls by Shanny and a muffed punt. I'm guessing it wouldn't be quite as dramatic, lol.

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I wonder what the reaction would've been if in 2008 the Broncos played the Colts, Cutler threw for over 400 yards and we lost to Manning because of two failed 4th down calls by Shanny and a muffed punt. I'm guessing it wouldn't be quite as dramatic, lol.

The day wasn't a complete loss, bro.

Tony had another TD. Just sayin. :)

Durango
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM

I don't know. The game plan was actually pretty creative and kept the Indianapolis defense on their heels much the day. Some of those 4th down calls were head scratchers, but the plays themselves were very effective when executed well. Eliminate the muffed punt, and the Broncos are right in this thing.

Requiem
09-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Why panic? Most knew we wouldn't do well this year. SURPRISE. We're average!

broncocalijohn
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
If you are waiting for McD to get fired I think you'll be waiting a long time. Don't hold your breath.

I say please hold your breath.

You really are a dumb mother****er, huh?

montrose
09-26-2010, 11:00 PM
The day wasn't a complete loss, bro.

Tony had another TD. Just sayin. :)

And Phonz picked off that douche Favre! Shut-em down Zo, shut-em down.

Mr.Meanie
09-27-2010, 07:46 AM
The turnovers only cost us 10 points, and really, could've easily turned into a blow out, so we've got lucky there.
Our running game needs attention, unfortuantely, this is what it is. We won't be having a running game this year that would adequately compliment our passing game. Sorry, not this year. We're so far behind the eight-ball there, that we just need to ride it out.
We need a physical running back that can pound the ball and wear out defenses; not the elusive type running backs like we have...

That was a ...suprisingly fair and objective post. Nice!

cutthemdown
09-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't think things that bad for the future and IMO Mcdaniels has proved his system moves the ball and can score. We just aren't that good yet.

You can't have a defense that has 1 big young star. A true stud, then lose him for the yr and expect to make progress on the defense. Moves on dline like Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas, Tim Crowder, the bad moves at safety outside of Lynch and Dawkins, and the fact Bailey not as young as he used to all play into our position right now.

Seriously all these safety's we have drafted have stunk. We have survived by signing old vets like Lynch and Dawkins who can still play, but not like they used to.

Mcdaniels I think can grow into a good coach, but I agree he stinks it up through next yr he will get fired. I doubt he gets fired after this yr though.

Maybe though if some big name coach and Bowlen struck a deal. How about Urban Meyer and then he can start a tewboner controversy.

cutthemdown
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM

Elusive? Our rbs cant make anyone miss either.

bowtown
09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't think things that bad for the future and IMO Mcdaniels has proved his system moves the ball and can score. We just aren't that good yet.

You can't have a defense that has 1 big young star. A true stud, then lose him for the yr and expect to make progress on the defense. Moves on dline like Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas, Tim Crowder, the bad moves at safety outside of Lynch and Dawkins, and the fact Bailey not as young as he used to all play into our position right now.

Seriously all these safety's we have drafted have stunk. We have survived by signing old vets like Lynch and Dawkins who can still play, but not like they used to.

Mcdaniels I think can grow into a good coach, but I agree he stinks it up through next yr he will get fired. I doubt he gets fired after this yr though.

Maybe though if some big name coach and Bowlen struck a deal. How about Urban Meyer and then he can start a tewboner controversy.

Urban Meyer already has a deal in place to take over for Bellichick in a couple years.

vancejohnson82
09-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I can't believe we lost to the Colts...this was a game that I had marked down a "W" on when the schedule first came out. If we keep losing to teams like the Colts we are never going to get to the Super Bowl like we all thought we would..What's next? Losing to the Saints?? Cmon, lets really try and pull this thing together....a mediocre quarterback like Manning torches our rookie CB? Just ridiculous

oubronco
09-27-2010, 01:35 PM

Man I sure hope so cause when the season is over there's no football

strafen
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Elusive? Our rbs cant make anyone miss either.Correct, that was a bad choice of word. I meant something like finesse type running.
When I said elusive, it can also be interpreted as the type of runner who avoid getting hit as opposed to fight for the tough two-three yards when the team needs it the most...