PDA

View Full Version : Proud of this team, despite the result...

Pages : [1] 2

Popps
09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Tough game, but I was proud of how the team hung in there... considering how hard this week must have been for everyone. This could have been a rout, and instead we came out and kept it competitive into the 4th quarter. Obviously, we had all kinds of chances to win this game... or at least make it closer. But, we're playing short-handed... and I was proud of the fight we showed today.

Lots of things to fix... particularly the running game. (Helps when your starter is healthy.) But, there were some bright spots today. We shut down their running game and kept Dallas Clark in check. We were really only exploited in one spot in the passing game.... our rookie CB.

This game could have been a disaster, under the circumstances... and it wasn't. Would have liked to see them get a win for Kenny... but long-term, I think some real positives will come out of this game.

Now, time to get back to work... get some guys healthy and fix some of these mistakes.

GO BRONCOS.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM
fart

spdirty
09-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Moral victories are for losers.

Br0nc0Buster
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
we are our own worst enemy

if we can somehow cut down on the mental mistakes and overall lapses in judgement, we can be good

Rulon Velvet Jones

Maybe so, but you can't deny that pieces are in place for a bright future.

colonelbeef
3-10 since the fist pump disgrace.

You are like France being proud of how long the Maginot Line lasted

BlaK-Argentina
09-26-2010, 04:36 PM
:)

Steve Prefontaine
honestly, it's getting old and a little fake.

sry. this is the broncos and we should demand better.

stop pussy footing around and actually give an objective analysis of their performance today.

one question though....how do you feel about Orton's performance today? don't give your **** answer, give an objective one.

Ray Finkle
This is a young team on offense and played well in run defense and special teams today....if when Harris is healthy, I think the team will do better in the redzone. I expected 8-8 again this year but to be a tougher team to play against. I am excited for the future.

Kaylore
09-26-2010, 04:37 PM

Yeah I'm going to dub these kinds of threads Colts game threads. That's usually when we make them. It's the same old crap "Good try! We almost won! We put up a good fight. LOSS"

Screw it. We're not good enough and until we are Manning will always rape our women and beat down our men.

go_broncos
09-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Tough game, but I was proud of how the team hung in there... considering how hard this week must have been for everyone. This could have been a rout, and instead we came out and kept it competitive into the 4th quarter. Obviously, we had all kinds of chances to win this game... or at least make it closer. But, we're playing short-handed... and I was proud of the fight we showed today.

Lots of things to fix... particularly the running game. (Helps when your starter is healthy.) But, there were some bright spots today. We shut down their running game and kept Dallas Clark in check. We were really only exploited in one spot in the passing game.... our rookie CB.

This game could have been a disaster, under the circumstances... and it wasn't. Would have liked to see them get a win for Kenny... but long-term, I think some real positives will come out of this game.

Now, time to get back to work... get some guys healthy and fix some of these mistakes.

GO BRONCOS.

you are disgrace..you just support Mcd blindly..
This team is not even an average team.

spdirty
09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Maybe so, but you can't deny that pieces are in place for a bright future.

Ok, now tell me when that "bright future" becomes the present.

Every single team in this league has a bright future ahead of them. For the Raiders it might be when Al Davis dies. For the Rams it might be 3,4,5 years from now. For the Colts its probably next week.

Is our bright future going to be when this coach gets fired? Or when he decides to quit coaching like a 13 year old plays Madden?

Punisher
09-26-2010, 04:39 PM
This game could have been a disaster, under the circumstances... and it wasn't. Would have liked to see them get a win for Kenny...

GO BRONCOS.

It would of been good to win this game for him, but this team has major set backs.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 04:41 PM
I've got mixed feelings about this game. I was impressed with Orton and the receivers. I was impressed with the offensive line. I was pleased with Royal's efforts on special teams. Everything else was pretty well Absolute Embarass.

We could have won that game. We should have won that game. It was a home game and we had opportunities, but execution wasn't there.

This, apparently, is not a playoff team. That's a disappointment.

Bronco Rob
09-26-2010, 04:41 PM
:afro:

:sunshine:

SonOfLe-loLang
09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
you are disgrace..you just support Mcd blindly..
This team is not even an average team.

No, an average team is exactly what we are.

lostknight
09-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Tough game, but I was proud of how the team hung in there

Seriously, you guys are starting to sound like Rockies fans, circa 1998.

The O had this game handed to them with a red bow on it. They dropped it like a two year old with expensive China.

I'm proud of (D). Call me a believer. But this (O) continues to be a disaster.

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 04:44 PM
There were some good things but we shot ourselves in the foot too many times. I was really proud of the defensive effort. OL has improved in pass blocking, but they're still probably the worst in the league at run blocking.

I'm most concerned with Thomas's injury, though. Someone said it might be a broken wrist...I hope not.

spdirty
09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
One positive i will give this team is we were very very good between the 20s. Anyone hear that before?

Also I was happy with the defenses effort.

SonOfLe-loLang

Every single team in this league has a bright future ahead of them. For the Raiders it might be when Al Davis dies. For the Rams it might be 3,4,5 years from now. For the Colts its probably next week.

Is our bright future going to be when this coach gets fired? Or when he decides to quit coaching like a 13 year old plays Madden?

Well if you want to look for a "bright future" our offense racks up tons of yardage. It'll be interesting to see how we look after 16 games, but really we lose the Jax game because of special teams and a fumble and we lose this one with some bad playcalling and missed opportunities in certain situations. But as far as trends go, we're really not that bad. Unfortunately, football isnt a 162 game season and those things don't even themselves out.

extralife
This is the exact game Popps would have lambasted us for if Shanahan were the coach.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 04:46 PM
I am really happy that McDaniels actually had 11 people on the field during Mannings' 4th quarter touchdown toss, unlike vs Jacksonville. That is a real improvement.

Broncomutt
09-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Red Zone >>> McDaniels

NYBronco
09-26-2010, 04:47 PM
The team is getting there. I felt we were in a good position to win up until the long third and 15 pass we gave up to Collie on the rookie Cox. That pretty much sealed it. Defense played well vs the Manning led offense.

spdirty
09-26-2010, 04:48 PM
i am really happy that mcdaniels actually had 11 people on the field during mannings' 4th quarter touchdown toss, unlike vs jacksonville. That is a real improvement.

lol

fontaine
Tough game, but I was proud of how the team hung in there... .
But, we're playing short-handed... and I was proud of the fight we showed today.

Proud huh?

What part of the brain dead ST were you proud of?
What part of a running game that churned out 2 yards a pop against a lame run defense are you proud of?

What part of our red zone offense are you proud of?

Grow some balls already.

fdf

GO BRONCOS.

That's about as good as you can get out of the game. I've been a supporter of McDaniels. But it looks to me like he has just recreated another post-superbowl Shanahan wonder. Lots of yards. Not many points. No heart. I was tired of it under Shanahan. I'm getting tired of it under McDaniels.

Popps
09-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Proud huh?

What part of a running game that churned out 2 yards a pop against a lame run defense are you proud of?

Grow some balls already.

Uh oh... internet tough guy alert!

Run for your lives!!

Hilarious!

OBF1
09-26-2010, 04:51 PM

Quit talking about Shanahan like that:sunshine:

WABronco
Ya honestly. I don't think I'm delusional or overly negative. The message should be "we done ****ed up, again." Maybe...maybe take solace in the fact that we moved the ball and were in position to take the lead/be in the game. We still ****ed up.

As far as McD going for it...meh. Take the points and Manning's still going to go down the field for 6 on us. I'm not going to destroy him for having the utmost confidence in that situation. Now, if that's the Raiders or another ****ty team, ya no bad call.

colonelbeef
This is the exact game Popps would have lambasted us for if Shanahan were the coach.

Poops is duplicitous, this should not be a surprise.

go_broncos
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I was expecting this thread from popps..Every ****ing week, he keeps saying that DEN team is improved team.
I don't see any of it.
Different team and coach..same issues.
can't score from 20.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
The thing that annoys me the most is that this is a finesse team on both offense and defense.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
3-10 since the fist pump.

Embarrassing.

Popps

Wrong.

You can look up threads I started, if you want.

Shanahan also had 10 years to build a team, post-Superbowl.

We played games I was proud of under Shanny. In fact, most of them.
I spent WAY more time defending Shanahan on these boards than saying it was time to move on... as in, about 8 years defending him... and basically one season realizing it was time to move on.

But, you go ahead and create whatever reality makes you feel better.

Bottom line, this game wasn't pretty. I was pissed off about many facets... but we hung in there and given the week the team had, I thought we represented well, playing short-handed.

Disagree? I'm not worried about it.

Cito Pelon
Yeah, the team played well, had some great individual efforts. Nothing to be ashamed of, certainly. I bet there's some guys thinking to themselves "I wish I would have made that play . . ."

IMO, McD should be thinking to himself "I wish I would have taken those FG's." The guy has a penchant for taking risks on 4th down that maybe he shouldn't take.

TheReverend
09-26-2010, 04:54 PM
I was thrilled with the defensive play.

Offensively, the execution, preparation and play calling were all subpar imo, outside of a few outstanding individual performances (Brandon Lloyd most especially)

Clockwork Orange
The thing that annoys me the most is that this is a finesse team on both offense and defense.

One of the numerous problems this team had under Shanahan that haven't changed.

fontaine
Uh oh... internet tough guy alert!

Run for your lives!!

Hilarious!

Yeah, because I'm sure that's what our coaches are saying to our two yards per carry running game and special teams:

"I'm proud of the way you hung in there . . . "

Popps

We need time to get this O-line in order, and figure out our RB situation. Is Moreno going to be the guy? I think he can be... but he's got to be healthy.

Also tough to play without your best defender on the field. Doom is without question the most important defensive player we have.

WABronco
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
And the running game...are we like tipping our pitches to the defenses out there or what? When we run it's as if we're up against a goal line front every flipping time.

Popps
Yeah, because I'm sure that's what our coaches are saying to our two yards per carry running game and special teams:

"I'm proud of the way you hung in there . . . "

Hey genius, I said there was plenty to be upset about.

Are you repeating what I'm saying because you think it's clever?

Run along, kid.

HEAV
Just frustating that the running game isn't working. Blockers aren't reaching the second level and the backs are having to deal with free defenders at their feet and faces too often.

I love Kyle. Yes he had a few bad throws, but the guy just continues to roll with it.

Defense still needs Doom. Ayers got some heat and the run defense was solid. But to beat Manning, you have to sack Manning.

Coach had a solid game plan and I love the risk taking...but still haven't the O-line for the smash mouth runs on the goaline.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 04:56 PM
We need time to get this O-line in order, and figure out our RB situation. Is Moreno going to be the guy? I think he can be... but he's got to be healthy.

Also tough to play without your best defender on the field. Doom is without question the most important defensive player we have.

Well hell. If all we need is more time...

fontaine

Right now on offense, yeah. We're not a smash mouth team.

Maybe Kuper/Harris can make a difference but there's something far more fundamentally wrong with our running game.

Popps
Well hell. If all we need is more time...

Well, we need healthy players. Unfortunately, that's going to take time. Unless you've got some kind of miracle cure you're holding back...

Sassy
09-26-2010, 04:57 PM

GO BRONCOS.

THIS! Good post!

Popps
09-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Just frustating that the running game isn't working. Blockers aren't reaching the second level and the backs are having to deal with free defenders at their feet and faces too often.

I love Kyle. Yes he had a few bad throws, but the guy just continues to roll with it.

Defense still needs Doom. Ayers got some heat and the run defense was solid. But to beat Manning, you have to sack Manning.

Coach had a solid game plan and I love the risk taking...but still haven't the O-line for the smash mouth runs on the goaline.

Agree, Heav.

I'll guarantee you no one is more pissed than Josh about our running probs. He took the first step to replace it by drafting interior help. These guys have to grow up, and we probably need a right tackle next year.

Cito Pelon
09-26-2010, 04:58 PM
I've got mixed feelings about this game. I was impressed with Orton and the receivers. I was impressed with the offensive line. I was pleased with Royal's efforts on special teams. Everything else was pretty well Absolute Embarass.

We could have won that game. We should have won that game. It was a home game and we had opportunities, but execution wasn't there.

Way too early to say that. Way too early.

fontaine
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey genius, I said there was plenty to be upset about.

Are you repeating what I'm saying because you think it's clever?

Run along, kid.

Way to be precise there.

So again, what part of the ST, running game and red zone offense are you proud of?

Popps
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
THIS! Good post!

One of our players died this week.

My point was just simply that we played one of the toughest teams in the league, short-handed and played respectably... all things considered. We could have folded and been blown out in the first quarter.

I was just pleasantly surprised how close we kept it, and it gave me some optimism.

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Well, we need healthy players. Unfortunately, that's going to take time. Unless you've got some kind of miracle cure you're holding back...

Yeah, like Shanny's last year huh? The first thing McD said he was going to fix was the red zone offense, how is that working out?

NFLBRONCO
Bad playcalling in red zone and why does Orton have to rush his throws when nobody is rushing him. The D did well today. Like we found out week 1 like Buster said, we're average we can't afford turning the ball over and expect to win.

I support McD 100% but, he choked in red zone today plain and simple. Our running game sucks and he tries pounding in ballover and over with all the beef stacked up. Most of the pass plays were low % of success fade routes that was disappointing we have weapons use them.

We did not get blown out at least. Just have to learn how to make more plays.

Steve Prefontaine
yup. next year there will be no injuries.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 05:02 PM
One of the numerous problems this team had under Shanahan that haven't changed.

Oh, it's changed. Under Shanahan, our offense was anything but finesse. Especially in rusing during the fourth quarter. Have we even had a single 100 yard rusher in the Josh McDaniel's era? We didn't even break 50 yards combined today. That was unheard of in the Shanahan era. Our last drive consisted of 14 shotgun passes in a row. That's not innovative. That's desperate. Unless I'm missing something, we had a total of 3 rushing yards in the entire second half.

colonelbeef
One of our players died this week.

My point was just simply that we played one of the toughest teams in the league, short-handed and played respectably... all things considered. We could have folded and been blown out in the first quarter.

I was just pleasantly surprised how close we kept it, and it gave me some optimism.

Ok DeGaulle.

Check out Charles DePopps telling the French troops how well they performed while Hitler strolls through Paris

Sassy
I agree Popps!

BTW...besides the broncos losing...the CHARGERS and Raiders both lost...RIvers threw an INT at the end when they could have tied it...LOL! He had over 450 yards and they lost as well.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, like Shanny's last year huh? The first thing McD said he was going to fix was the red zone offense, how is that working out?

he fixed the offense, and if you don't look out, he will fix you too

McDaniels has fixed the offense right into the dirt

driver
09-26-2010, 05:04 PM
That last possession should have been a drive for a win not a drive to pull within 7. Not kicking fg's on 4th down killed us again. same thing happened last year in one of the games that might have stopped the skid we were on. Bad calls in the red zone. our hc/oc needs to learn a little about football. By the way its called football because you sometimes kick the ball to score.

Clockwork Orange
09-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Oh, it's changed. Under Shanahan, our offense was anything but finesse. Especially in rusing during the fourth quarter. Have we even had a single 100 yard rusher in the Josh McDaniel's era? We didn't even break 50 yards combined. That was unheard of in the Shanahan era. Our last drive consisted of 14 shotgun passes in a row. That's not innovative. That's desperate. Unless I'm missing something, we had a total of 3 rushing yards in the entire second half.

That was the zone blocking scheme, which, while effective, was definitely classified as "finesse." This team hasn't been able to line up and smash anyone in the mouth on either side of the ball in recent memory.

HEAV
09-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Agree, Heav.

I'll guarantee you no one is more pissed than Josh about our running probs. He took the first step to replace it by drafting interior help. These guys have to grow up, and we probably need a right tackle next year.

All I can say is that younglins are learning to play the NFL. Hopefully this team will reap the rewards for years too come. But right now It's ugly seeing them run block.

I understand more than a few are going to call for McDaniels to be fired (Shanny fans) but I see what the guy wants and his pass offense is just insane. Even when teams know we have to throw he finds ways of getting people open.

But again the Mane will be the Mane... at least we didn't get blown out by the Rams and a rookie QB.

fontaine
09-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh, it's changed. Under Shanahan, our offense was anything but finesse. Especially in rusing during the fourth quarter. Have we even had a single 100 yard rusher in the Josh McDaniel's era? We didn't even break 50 yards combined. That was unheard of in the Shanahan era. Our last drive consisted of 14 shotgun passes in a row. That's not innovative. That's desperate. Unless I'm missing something, we had a total of 3 rushing yards in the entire second half.

This is pretty much the most disturbing aspect of the season so far.

We didn't play an elite defense here. We played an undersized, finesse group who are typically a very mediocre run defense who where missing sanders along with other injured players.

We should have been able to dictate the tempo of the game but instead the Colts front 7 shut down our running game and we didn't even test them in the 2nd half when the game was still close.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:10 PM
All I can say is that younglins are learning to play the NFL. Hopefully this team will reap the rewards for years too come. But right now It's ugly seeing them run block.

I understand more than a few are going to call for McDaniels to be fired (Shanny fans) but I see what the guy wants and his pass offense is just insane. Even when teams know we have to throw he finds ways of getting people open.

But again the Mane will be the Mane... at least we didn't get blown out by the Rams and a rookie QB.

Terrible game for the skins, but to be fair he is taking over a 4-12 team after all with no QB in place prior to bringing in McNabb, completely unlike the situation McDaniels walked into. McNabb was off all day, and Shanahan (not sure which one) **** the bed in the 2nd half. Wasted a good running display.

Bradford looked good again, he is a player.

McDaniels should get at least 3 years in my book, no matter how bad it gets this year.

Broncomutt
09-26-2010, 05:10 PM
McDaniels horizontal offense seems to suck in a short field. What a choke in the red zone today.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 05:15 PM

The O had this game handed to them with a red bow on it. They dropped it like a two year old with expensive China.

WHOA!! Wait a second. Orton threw for 476, and since you McD haters like to point out that the NFL ranks offenses on YARDS, and NOT points......you should be pretty damn happy with the O. I remember how all of you were whining about McD dismantling the SECOND BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL last year.....even though that offense had scoring problems.

****ing hypocrites......every last one of you. If you morons can't see a team that's getting better....you're ****ing blind.

And yes.....whether you think highly of moral victories or not....it WAS a moral victory. With no Dumervil and a gimpy Champ, I honestly thought Paid-a-ton would lay close to 50 points on us.

5 turnovers to none today (1 muffed punt, 1 int, and 3 on downs).....and we were still within 1 score with 5 minutes to go.

This makes me think a few more of those games on our schedule will be winnable now......give the O-line a few more games to build chemistry....and we will STILL be getting better.

fontaine
09-26-2010, 05:16 PM

In 3 games that passing offense has generated just 4 TDs.

Don't get me wrong, our passing game has improved from last year but it's just a bunch of empty yards without the scoring to go with it.

TonyR
09-26-2010, 05:17 PM
McDaniels has fixed the offense right into the dirt

How do you figure? That was classic post Super Bowl Shanahan offense today: lots of yards and not enough points. The only difference is the yards were gained passing instead of running.

TonyR
09-26-2010, 05:18 PM
5 turnovers to none today (1 muffed punt, 1 int, and 3 on downs).....and we were still within 1 score with 5 minutes to go.

Very good post but this was the best part. Nailed it. I'm surprised so many are missing this.

LongDongJohnson
09-26-2010, 05:19 PM
it sucks that we cant run the ball on the last ranked run d. this is whats holding our offense back. Our passing game is very good but we cant run for crap.

i fully expect our rushing offense to be ranked 32nd once the season is over. its sad really.
If we could somehow get a running game, i can see our offense be top 5 easily.

I will give credit to McDaniels because i think he's doing good work coaching up Orton and our WR's. Remember everyone said we would miss B Marsh and have no passing game without him? Well our current WR's are making more plays than he is. Lloyd is outplaying B Marsh right now.

frerottenextelway
09-26-2010, 05:20 PM
WHOA!! Wait a second. Orton threw for 476, and since you McD haters like to point out that the NFL ranks offenses on YARDS, and NOT points......you should be pretty damn happy with the O. I remember how all of you were whining about McD dismantling the SECOND BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL last year.....even though that offense had scoring problems.

****ing hypocrites......every last one of you. If you morons can't see a team that's getting better....you're ****ing blind.

And yes.....whether you think highly of moral victories or not....it WAS a moral victory. With no Dumervil and a gimpy Champ, I honestly thought Paid-a-ton would lay close to 50 points on us.

This makes me think a few more of those games on our schedule will be winnable now......give the O-line a few more games to build chemistry....and we will STILL be getting better.

Champ didn't look gimpy to me.

I'm tired of the injury excuses. Almost every team has injuries. The Colts were without possibly their best defensive player too. It's football, people get hurt.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:20 PM
How do you figure? That was classic post Super Bowl Shanahan offense today: lots of yards and not enough points. The only difference is the yards were gained passing instead of running.

check the ppg and TOP from 08-09.

TonyR
09-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Terrible game for the skins, but to be fair he is taking over a 4-12 team after all with no QB in place prior to bringing in McNabb...

Is this the official start of the backpedaling on the expectations for Shanahan and the Skins? The Super Bowl talk is off?

TonyR
09-26-2010, 05:23 PM

Don't get me wrong, our passing game has improved from last year but it's just a bunch of empty yards without the scoring to go with it.

You really need the threat of the run to be effective in the red zone. We don't have that. Our running game is awful. Phil Simms made an interesting observation today that young O-lines are usually better at run blocking than pass blocking and we're just the opposite.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Champ didn't look gimpy to me.

I'm tired of the injury excuses. Almost every team has injuries. The Colts were without possibly their best defensive player too. It's football, people get hurt.

You totally missed the point of my post. I wasn't saying we lost because of injury.....I brought up Doom and Champ's "injury" to say why EXPECTED to see Indy lay 50 on us. They didn't......i.e. moral victory.

Better execution in the redzone and we win going away......I'm optimistic about this team.

Think healthy Doom and a 3rd year Ayers next year......with an O that can move the ball like us......

Mark my word......WE will be one of those teams that goes from 7-9 or 8-8 to SB contender in one year.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 05:25 PM

But, but, but.......that was fine for the McD haters when Shanny was running the ship with Beetus.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Is this the official start of the backpedaling on the expectations for Shanahan and the Skins? The Super Bowl talk is off?

Super bowl talk? Who said that?

I think 8-8 in a tough NFC East is an accomplishment for year 1 as far as that team is concerned. He needs to rebuild the OL and get a few receivers before the offense is anything to be worried about. Haynesworth needs to go too, guy is a fat loser.

GreeleyGrizzley
09-26-2010, 05:26 PM
That last possession should have been a drive for a win not a drive to pull within 7. Not kicking fg's on 4th down killed us again. same thing happened last year in one of the games that might have stopped the skid we were on. Bad calls in the red zone. our hc/oc needs to learn a little about football. By the way its called football because you sometimes kick the ball to score.

In most cases I would agree. But when you're playing the Colts, going for it on 4th down is sometimes necessary. I've watched enough teams kick field goals against the Colts and lose, period. I agree with those attempts.

With that said, if we actually had a running game we could've put that first one in the end zone. If Orton and Lloyd are on the same page we might convert the second one. But those are "if"s and we failed both times. On principal, though, I support those calls.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
But, but, but.......that was fine for the McD haters when Shanny was running the ship with Beetus.

stop pretending that this team scores like the 2008 Broncos did.

PPG and TOP are well down since Shanahan left.

Popps
09-26-2010, 05:28 PM
So funny to see people come in and point out that we have flaws. As if anyone is denying that or we don't have enough bash-threads already.

Again, I saw a better effort than I expected under the circumstances. I see things to be optimistic about. Disagree? No sweat.

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 05:29 PM

Yeah but things were supposed to get better with the savior as coach.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 05:29 PM
stop pretending that this team scores like the 2008 Broncos did.

PPG and TOP are well down since Shanahan left.

Private Beefcurtains pumping the Beetus offense again......what a surprise.

Why don't you wait till the season is over to see how we compare.....and if it weren't for the first 3 games of the 2008 season......it would have been MUCH worse.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 05:30 PM
So funny to see people come in and point out that we have flaws. As if anyone is denying that or we don't have enough bash-threads already.

Again, I saw a better effort than I expected under the circumstances. I see things to be optimistic about. Disagree? No sweat.

Yup.....simple as that.

fontaine
09-26-2010, 05:30 PM
You really need the threat of the run to be effective in the red zone. We don't have that. Our running game is awful. Phil Simms made an interesting observation today that young O-lines are usually better at run blocking than pass blocking and we're just the opposite.

Pretty much. Our run blockers get stood up at the line of scrimmage, I don't see our interior using leverage to drive people back, there are no clear running lanes and multiple defenders running clean whenever our RBs bounce it outside.

Guys like Graham, Clady didn't turn into awful run blockers over night. I just don't think McDaniels really has the expertise, experience or patience to implement an effective ground game.

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Private Beefcurtains pumping the Beetus offense again......what a surprise.

Why don't you wait till the season is over to see how we compare.....and if it weren't for the first 3 games of the 2008 season......it would have been MUCH worse.

Lets see how things went the last 10 games of last season.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:31 PM

You're a true fan, I will never take that away from you. Rosy glasses stapled to your face, and eternally optimistic. You almost make me feel bad for raining on your little McParade. Almost.

I just have a hard time seeing all of the positives coming away from a 13 point poo on the homefield against an injured defense. Call me crazy, but 3-10 is downright awful, no two ways about it.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Lets see how things went the last 10 games of last season.

I'm not pumping LAST season. And I'm certainly not still touting the year before.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Shut.

The ****.

Up.

You're a retard. Nobody gives a **** about you, your farts, or your bull**** "football takes."

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Shut.

The ****.

Up.

You're a retard. Nobody gives a **** about you, your farts, or your bull**** "football takes."

that was a ww2 take, do you care about those

fontaine
09-26-2010, 05:36 PM
You're a true fan, I will never take that away from you. Rosy glasses stapled to your face, and eternally optimistic. You almost make me feel bad for raining on your little McParade. Almost.

I just have a hard time seeing all of the positives coming away from a 13 point poo on the homefield against an injured defense. Call me crazy, but 3-10 is downright awful, no two ways about it.

There's no denying a 3-10 record is unexcuseable no matter what the circumstances.

But it's not all on McDaniels. He's not directly coaching the STs, running game.

However, he did make our red zone offense a priority this week and in that regard he gets a big fail for that.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM

Butthurt Beetus lover. I feel for you. That 24-24 performance under the previous regime makes you happy......I get it. Your adopt-a-Bronco says it all.

TheChamp24
09-26-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm impressed we kept it close, really impressed.

The offense can get yards, but it can't score. We had like 30 plays(exaggerating a little here) inside the 30, and we come away with a whopping 13 points. Part is playcalling, part is poor execution. Should've had a playaction on 2nd and goal from the 1 IMO, poor run blocking at the goalline, and also, Orton seems to have a knack for rushing his throws in high pressure situations, like the 4th and 3 pass incomplete to Lloyd. Which also brings up another issue, why not have Lloyd run a slant there with the corner off?

I had a feeling we lost the game when we couldn't score a TD given 4 opportunities from the 1 yard line.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 05:39 PM
that was a ww2 take, do you care about those

That doesn't make any sense. So I guess you suck cock. Not surprising.

TonyR
Guys like Graham, Clady didn't turn into awful run blockers over night. I just don't think McDaniels really has the expertise, experience or patience to implement an effective ground game.

If true, did McD not have much say on the running game in NE? Because altough running isn't what they did/do best they did/do it well. I still think personnel is the larger problem.

scttgrd
Butthurt Beetus lover. I feel for you. That 24-24 performance under the previous regime makes you happy......I get it. Your adopt-a-Bronco says it all.

Just like losing by two touchdowns makes a guy like you proud. Things are so much better this season. Looking up at the Chiefs is a lofty goal.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:41 PM

No it doesn't. Just because I support the single best coach the Broncos have ever had doesn't preclude me from being a fan of the current team.

I miss the run game. I miss ramming the ball down an opponents' throat as time ticked off of the clock. I miss the team having an identity.

I also miss feeling optimistic about the future. Oh and the playoff appearances, I miss those too, even when they led to a Peyton spanking.

Now we have threads about how awesome the fanboys feel after another poor offensive showing in front of the home faithful.

This is not a winning scheme, folks.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
That doesn't make any sense. So I guess you suck cock. Not surprising.

Books, read them

Hulamau
09-26-2010, 05:45 PM

More numbskullery from one of the masters! :sunshine:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Books, read them

An excellent retort, and your comment STILL makes no sense. Nice job, pink pony rider.

Sense: Make some.

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Books, read them

That's moose idiot's usuall arguement, best to just give him enough room to hurt himself. I'm sure it won't be the first time.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 05:50 PM
No it doesn't. Just because I support the single best coach the Broncos have ever had doesn't preclude me from being a fan of the current team.
Herein lies the irony. We all supportED Shanny....but I was losing faith after 24-24 with no defensive hope in sight. Yet you CAN'T or WON'T support a guy who has turned over the roster and is only 18 games into his tenure, despite having a similar winning percentage.

I miss the run game. I miss ramming the ball down an opponents' throat as time ticked off of the clock. I miss the team having an identity.
Yes. The run game is puzzling. I can't quite understand how our offense line can be so good at pass protection, and at the same time, so bad at run blocking.

I also miss feeling optimistic about the future.
Not sure how you could've felt optimistic under Shanahan late in his tenure....with scoring problems on offense, a defense that was led by Slow-dickk, and going absolutely nowhere. There are many areas to feel optimistic about this team......you just CHOOSE not to, cause you miss your guy.

colonelbeef
An excellent retort, and your comment STILL makes no sense. Nice job, pink pony rider.

Sense: Make some.

It makes plenty of sense. Your blind McRage is getting in the way of your ability to comprehend a simple metaphor.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
That's moose idiot's usuall arguement, best to just give him enough room to hurt himself. I'm sure it won't be the first time.

Is that right? My argument is that... privatebeef is a dip**** moron? I'm right.

Guess you want to be lumped in there. Cool kid party!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Metaphor: "that was a ww2 take, do you care about those"

Meaning: ???

Nobody knows. Because you're a moron.

Hey scotchguard, why don't you tell us all what privatebeef meant?

eddie mac
09-26-2010, 05:51 PM
No Harris, no Moreno, No Goodman, no Doom, gimpy Champ and half fit Clady and Kuper yet we hung in there with one of the best teams in the league. We shot ourselves in the foot but IMHO we'll play a lot worse this season and win games.

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 05:59 PM
No Harris, no Moreno, No Goodman, no Doom, gimpy Champ and half fit Clady and Kuper yet we hung in there with one of the best teams in the league. We shot ourselves in the foot but IMHO we'll play a lot worse this season and win games.

And how many players were the Colts missing?

Despite investing a #12 overall and a second round pick for a blocking tight end and multiple picks on offensive line they are even worse in the running game. I thought that switch to the power running game was going to be the magic potion. Not looking so good.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Herein lies the irony. We all supportED Shanny....but I was losing faith after 24-24 with no defensive hope in sight. Yet you CAN'T or WON'T support a guy who has turned over the roster and is only 18 games into his tenure, despite having a similar winning percentage.

Yes. The run game is puzzling. I can't quite understand how our offense line can be so good at pass protection, and at the same time, so bad at run blocking.

Not sure how you could've felt optimistic under Shanahan late in his tenure....with scoring problems on offense, a defense that was led by Slow-dickk, and going absolutely nowhere. There are many areas to feel optimistic about this team......you just CHOOSE not to, cause you miss your guy.

Agree to disagree.

I think this season will go a long way towards telling us who was right and who was wrong RE: being optimistic about the players Shanahan had in place on offense.

So far, there is no argument- the offense has clearly regressed. If the scoring average under Shanahan with a young offense wasn't acceptable, what do we call this?

2008: 23.1 ppg and the average age of the team was 26.7 years old.
2009: 20.4 ppg and the average age of the team was 27.4 years old.
2010: 20.3 ppg and the average age of the team is 27.6 years old.

This team has gotten worse overall, while marginally better defensively, while at the same time older. Good young players have been tossed into the garbage for mediocre talents and questionable draft moves.

This is why I am not overly optimistic. The stats don't lie.

eddie mac
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM
And how many players were the Colts missing?

Despite investing a #12 overall and a second round pick for a blocking tight end and multiple picks on offensive line they are even worse in the running game. I thought that switch to the power running game was going to be the magic potion. Not looking so good.

They were missing one lineman and 2 reserve WR's hardly an injury crisis. The OL is a major disappointment, especially in the run game though. Dunno how they're gonna fix it but they'll have to.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Metaphor: "that was a ww2 take, do you care about those"

Meaning: ???

Nobody knows. Because you're a moron.

Hey scotchguard, why don't you tell us all what privatebeef meant?

Oh lordy. Do you need a helmet kiddo? I am legitimately worried for your well being.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Agree to disagree.

I think this season will go a long way towards telling us who was right and who was wrong RE: being optimistic about the players Shanahan had in place on offense.

So far, there is no argument- the offense has clearly regressed. If the scoring average under Shanahan with a young offense wasn't acceptable, what do we call this?

This team has gotten worse overall, while marginally better defensively, while at the same time older. Good young players have been tossed into the garbage for mediocre talents and questionable draft moves.

Ahahahahahahahaha..."older". By what? 1 year, according to your stats? Older! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! They're practically in the grave at that advanced age.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha..."older". By what? 1 year, according to your stats? Older! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! They're practically in the grave at that advanced age.

Older, and worse.

Older should mean progress, and getting better.

Please tell me that you understand the significance.

Popps

Exactly.

I was guilty of being as pessimistic approaching this game as anyone. But, we really had a chance to steal this thing.

You have to start somewhere. Playing like we did with the circumstances being what they were was encouraging, imo.

Losing sucks, but it sucks more when you can't take anything positive out of it. Today, I thought we could.

Rulon Velvet Jones
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93816

Average age of the team is 26.43. That's younger than 2008 and right in line with the league average.

55CrushEm
09-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Agree to disagree.

2008.....take out the first 3 games......and we weren't 23.1 ppg, we had 19.7 ppg....so we're IMPROVING. It's only fair, since you like to talk about McD's record excluding his first 6 games.

And who gives a rat's ass that we're 0.9 years older than 2008.....we added Dawkins. :approve:

colonelbeef
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93816

Average age of the team is 26.43. That's younger than 2008 and right in line with the league average.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2010.htm

Rulon Velvet Jones
Older, and worse.

Older should mean progress, and getting better.

Please tell me that you understand the significance.

Is that all you do? Reply back to everything as though the other person is some no-brained moron? Who the **** are you? Einstein?

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-26-2010, 06:06 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2010.htm

What are you, mock?

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
They were missing one lineman and 2 reserve WR's hardly an injury crisis. The OL is a major disappointment, especially in the run game though. Dunno how they're gonna fix it but they'll have to.

But wasn't that the big claim when McDaniels took the job? Better red zone conversion and the power running game? Don't give me a pretty speech about potential, win some damn games. Convert in the red zone. Otherwise get the hell out and give the job to someone who can deliver.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Is that all you do? Reply back to everything as though the other person is some no-brained moron? Who the **** are you? Einstein?

Why is it so difficult to admit that this team is in fact regressing for some of you? You will jump through hoop after hoop to somehow prove to the doubters that 3-10 is somehow showing amazing progress, and that Kyle Orton is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino.

I get the fanboy stuff, I really do, but at what point do the blinders come off so that the acceptance of the current Denver McBroncos reality can start to set in?

broncosteven
09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Proud huh?

Grow some balls already.

I am fine with losing to the colts, I had them in my confidence pool with 13 points so I was Ok with the loss.

I am not proud of all those 4th down attempts. We were 1 for 4. FOUR! Four times in one game our HC thought it was good to go for it? If you convert on 3rd down then 4th down isn't an issue.

Our young HC is clearly still learning how to manage a game. I feel ok with the passing game and the OL is doing well in pass pro. We had some nice drives but mCd still struggles calling plays on 3rd down and inside the redzone we are terrible.

I am not proud that Orton has to throw 57 times. I just don't think the move to a power run game has been a success. No matter who we trot out there it is bad. We need success in the run game to help score inside the redzone. The passing attack is great between the 20's where they have room to run routes but in the redzone teams drop into coverage and don't key on the run.

I don't think we were short handed, Doom won't be available at all this year so take him off the radar, Knowgain wasn't missed Voltron did just as well in both run and passing phases.

The "I am proud of losing" crap was Ok last year but this is the year we should be progressing and winning those games and reducing the stupid mistakes that lose games like these. There is some hope that down the line we will be a good to great team but I think that the entire organization needs to mature, grow, and learn how to win.

I would be proud of this team if we were getting better in all phases but we are not at that point yet.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Why is it so difficult to admit that this team is in fact regressing for some of you? You will jump through hoop after hoop to somehow prove to the doubters that 3-10 is somehow showing amazing progress, and that Kyle Orton is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino.

I get the fanboy stuff, I really do, but at what point do the blinders come off so that the acceptance of the current Denver McBroncos reality can start to set in?

Take it easy, Veruca. I know you want to win, win, win now! but it's not going to happen. I realize that. It's obvious a work in progress. They're effectively rebuilding without gutting the entire franchise like we've seen other teams do. Would you rather they play with the weapons and the coaching staff they're trotting out each week or plug in Tebow behind center and let him and a young offensive line get ripped to shreds each week? On defense, would you rather they cast out leaders like Champ and Dawkins for youngs guys, simply to help curve the average age of the team? Rebuilding sucks. But you can't say there aren't flashes and pieces in place that don't have you excited about what could be. When does that come? Who knows? It's the NFL.

TonyR
09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
This team has gotten worse overall, while marginally better defensively...

You really think this team is only marginally better defensively?

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
I am fine with losing to the colts, I had them in my confidence pool with 13 points so I was Ok with the loss.

I am not proud of all those 4th down attempts. We were 1 for 4. FOUR! Four times in one game our HC thought it was good to go for it? If you convert on 3rd down then 4th down isn't an issue.

Our young HC is clearly still learning how to manage a game. I feel ok with the passing game and the OL is doing well in pass pro. We had some nice drives but mCd still struggles calling plays on 3rd down and inside the redzone we are terrible.

I am not proud that Orton has to throw 57 times. I just don't think the move to a power run game has been a success. No matter who we trot out there it is bad. We need success in the run game to help score inside the redzone. The passing attack is great between the 20's where they have room to run routes but in the redzone teams drop into coverage and don't key on the run.

I don't think we were short handed, Doom won't be available at all this year so take him off the radar, Knowgain wasn't missed Voltron did just as well in both run and passing phases.

The "I am proud of losing" crap was Ok last year but this is the year we should be progressing and winning those games and reducing the stupid mistakes that lose games like these. There is some hope that down the line we will be a good to great team but I think that the entire organization needs to mature, grow, and learn how to win.

I would be proud of this team if we were getting better in all phases but we are not at that point yet.

This isn't a team for on the job training. Win or move on. Most of this was the arguement for firing Shanny. Yay for change.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-26-2010, 06:14 PM
This isn't a team for on the job training. Win or move on. Most of this was the arguement for firing Shanny. Yay for change.

Sounds easy. Every team should just win.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Oh lordy. Do you need a helmet kiddo? I am legitimately worried for your well being.

Yet you're unable to answer. Hmmm.

Is it a problem with answering direct questions? Or is your head actually stuck in your ass?

Perhaps you'd better call a plumber.

Gort
Very good post but this was the best part. Nailed it. I'm surprised so many are missing this.

the Broncos scored 13 points at home.

how is that a moral victory of any sort?

the Broncos did some good stuff today. they also did some bad stuff. more bad stuff than good stuff probably.

good: rushing D, O pass protection, passing O
bad: rushing O, turnovers, red zone playcalling
mixed: passing D, special teams

Orton had a good game, but also had several bonehead moments. 1 INT and several more just like it that could have been picked. and his pass on that 4th down near the endzone was awful, just awful. 5-7 yards short and rushed for no good reason.

i expected the cowpies to win. they did. let's move on and start worrying about next week now. there's not alot of point bickering and arguing about the game today. we are who we thought we were. not elite. not awful. just average.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:17 PM

Eh. 24 to the jags was bad, couldnt get off of the field when necessary against an inept QB.

They are better, but considering how bad they were and the resources that were available to address the problem, I am far from happy with what they field in 2010.

The best unit on the team is the D backfield, which is great, but the best 2 players there won't be around if and when this team finally turns it around anyway.

Edit: I am pretty psyched about Ayers though, and am really looking forward to seeing him and Dumervil together on the field.

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Sounds easy. Every team should just win.

What happened to the last coach that couldn't do better that .500 two seasons in a row? But McD has "potential". That and two bucks will get you bus fare, out of town.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 06:19 PM

I really think that if privatehog could post something critical but understandable, as you've done here, maybe people would understand wtf he was talking about.

Great post. Agree with nearly every word.

Guess it wasn't a ww2 take, whatever the hell that means.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I really think that if privatehog could post something critical but understandable, as you've done here, maybe people would understand wtf he was talking about.

Great post. Agree with nearly every word.

Guess it wasn't a ww2 take, whatever the hell that means.

World War two. I made a Maginot reference. Stop taking it so hard, it wasn't personal.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:25 PM

You're a level headed fan- where do you see the team being this year after a few games? I am probably being overly pessimistic, but this was a win all the way today, and the glaring lack of a run game killed any and all chances.

The run game being a problem for the Broncos is a bit like Dolly Parton suddenly having no boobies- her husband is going to have a hard time getting over it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
You're right. Maginot is the only thing discussed when ww2 is brought up. What was I thinking? It was maginot and nothing else. Im so sorry I didn't catch your incredibly high-minded brilliance.

****ing dip****.

You should stick to your "fart" posts. The smartest thing you've ever put on this forum was an excretion from your ass. Im shocked.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
You're right. Maginot is the only thing discussed when ww2 is brought up. What was I thinking? It was maginot and nothing else. Im so sorry I didn't catch your incredibly high-minded brilliance.

****ing dip****.

You should stick to your "fart" posts. The smartest thing you've ever put on this forum was an excretion from your ass. Im shocked.

You are super butthurt today, even by your standards. Take a breather, the meltdown is a bit much. It's not worth having a heart attack over.

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM

****ing dip****.

Well that was certainly verbose, just what we have come to expect from you. Crap.

Hulamau
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM

GO BRONCOS.

Fully agree good post Popps, of course its like a blinding dose of frothing red meat to the Phi Beta Kappas whose heart and vision are locked in the rear view mirror forever.

Was very frustrating seeing them mostly shoot ourselving in the foot, but until the Oline and RB situation stablizes in a big and we get Harris back and up to snuff. and hopely Knowshon healed and Maroney better in sync with the team the run game will struggle.

But the OLine was excellent in keeping Freeney and Mathis at bay and ORtons jersey clean the whole game. We just have too many missiing parts on both sides now to play smart, disciplined and effective football against a team like Indy for all 4 quarters.

But we didnt fold like a house of cards like so many past playoff games against Manning. Our passing attack continues to gel into one of the most potent in the NFL. We just have to translate first downs and completions to more 7's.

I suspect they will over the balance of this season. Very few of us expected a SB run this year in any event. Progress is the key and if people cant see some overall progress in the game today,inspite of the handfull of mistakes and screw ups that cost us the game.. they are either blind or biased by terminal negativity.

We have a lot of work left to become a reliably elite team But I saw improvemtn on Defense in spite of being sour best pass rusher and one startin corner going against one of the best QB in NFL history.

Orton is definitely becoming a solid QB. Still has some weaknesses, at times takes a bit too long to pick his man and throw it and his never going to be mistaken for Elway scrambling. But he's significantly better than last year.

Josh is learning too some of those play calls and pass routes were wicked today. But He still makes questionable calls in the red zone at times. I do think he can get too bullheaded at times about stuffing it in with the run from the 1 yrd line when its still our prime weakness.

We had too many stupid penalites at the worst time. Also rookie mistakes killed us too though for the fumble and two TDs Parrish gave up, he also made some outstanding pass defenses too and a few stud tackles as well in his first start going against the best QB on the planet who had a big target drawn on his back. He was NOT Roc Alexander by any means.

Walton had three untimely holds today too that really hurt stall our red zone game.

Ourt D stuff the run today too which was a welcomed thing to see.If they had run on us like they did the Giants last week as well as Manning getting his weekly 250 to 300 yrd and 2 to 3 TDS, I would have been more down than I am.

Such that we lost no doubt in what was definitely a winnable game ... surprisingly so.

But Im still hoping we can split the first eight and grab 6 or 7 of 8 in the back end and jsut make the playoffs with a team getting stronger and more together for a change.

Anyway those that have been expecting a lot more at this stage just haven't been paying attention.

Popps
09-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Fully agree good post Popps....

Thanks, brother. Tough loss, but hell... the SB champs lost today to a lesser team. There are "throw in the towel" losses, but this just wasn't one of them.

I mean, none of us seemed to expect us to beat the Colts today, so I'm not sure why people are acting surprised. My hope was that we'd win... but my next hope was that we'd be able to take something to build upon. That, I thought we did.

Couldn't agree more on the 2nd half of the season. We've got to go the right direction this year, even with the injuries. We've got to show progress, at least some.

SouthStndJunkie
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh, it's changed. Under Shanahan, our offense was anything but finesse. Especially in rusing during the fourth quarter. Have we even had a single 100 yard rusher in the Josh McDaniel's era? We didn't even break 50 yards combined today. That was unheard of in the Shanahan era. Our last drive consisted of 14 shotgun passes in a row. That's not innovative. That's desperate. Unless I'm missing something, we had a total of 3 rushing yards in the entire second half.

Correll Buckhalter had 2 100 yard rushing games in 2009.

scttgrd
09-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Correll Buckhalter had 2 100 yard rushing games in 2009.

So much for that first round pick. So important for the future of the franchise, he is paying off in a big way.

Hulamau
09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
There were some good things but we shot ourselves in the foot too many times. I was really proud of the defensive effort. OL has improved in pass blocking, but they're still probably the worst in the league at run blocking.

I'm most concerned with Thomas's injury, though. Someone said it might be a broken wrist...I hope not.

Feel the same way SoCal... a lot of work left but did anyone last week expect any different today?? Most of us were hopeful to not get embarassed but bracing for a run away with a not 100 percent Champ and no goodie anda rookie starting on one side with Manning licking his chops.

No Moreno and Maroney having only two pratices with the Oline and Orton ... No Harris either and three rookies or newbies on theO Oline learning as they go against Freeney and Mathis.

Th OL pass blocked surprisingly well.

The loss hurts but I expected it and was molified some by the genuine chance we had to win this thing. Should have won it and next time we play them I'll expect a win!

Am concerned about Thomas too .. hope its just a little strain and he's back practicing Wednesday?

Archer81
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Alot of anger from people who predicted the loss 22 seconds after the Seahawks game.

They played well enough to win, and had chances to do just that. They did not make the play when it needed to be made.

On to Tennessee.

:Broncos:

Taco John
09-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Alot of anger from people who predicted the loss 22 seconds after the Seahawks game.

They played well enough to win, and had chances to do just that. They did not make the play when it needed to be made.

On to Tennessee.

This is the part that bothers me the most about this game. I thought it would be a blow out. I expected a loss. I didn't expect such a winnable game, and such a lethargic effort despite that fact. Kyle was the only one who looked like he had any fire out there. And there at the end of the game, they weren't hustling to the line to try to make something happen. It seemed non-chalant - like, "who cares, games over anyway, let's just get the next play off..."

Archer81
09-26-2010, 07:08 PM
This is the part that bothers me the most about this game. I thought it would be a blow out. I expected a loss. I didn't expect such a winnable game, and such a lethargic effort despite that fact. Kyle was the only one who looked like he had any fire out there. And there at the end of the game, they weren't hustling to the line to try to make something happen. It seemed non-chalant - like, "who cares, games over anyway, let's just get the next play off..."

Pretty much how I felt. It just seems stupidly wrong to have nearly 500 yards passing and only 13 points. But it goes that way sometimes. The defense did its job through nearly 4 quarters, despite having the offense gift the colts 10 points. Im encouraged because against any other team, Denver probably wins today.

But on to Tennessee.

Bronco Yoda
09-26-2010, 07:09 PM
We are still making really stupid mistakes. I'm not very proud of this.

MABroncoFan
09-26-2010, 07:11 PM
There were a lot of positives today ... from the pass protection, to Orton and the WRs, to a pretty good defensive effort overall. I know I underestimated Moreno's loss ... we could never get the running game going w/o him, and that caused us to stall inside the red zone. Giving Manning a short field after 2 turnovers was huge too.

barryr
09-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Too many mistakes, which never beats the Colts. No running game again. Broncos rarely beat the Colts, so not a surprising result. But it is tiring seeing "fire McDaniels" after every incomplete pass much less after a loss.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Pretty much how I felt. It just seems stupidly wrong to have nearly 500 yards passing and only 13 points. But it goes that way sometimes. The defense did its job through nearly 4 quarters, despite having the offense gift the colts 10 points. Im encouraged because against any other team, Denver probably wins today.

But on to Tennessee.

I would feel a lot better losing this kind of game on the road. Indianapolis looked like a C team out there today.

montrose
09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I was dissapointed in the end result, the team has so very much to work and improve on. With that, might we finally be looking at a Broncos team that gets better as the season moves along? I can't fault the D, playing without Doom and Goody they played their hearts out against the best QB in this game and finally gave up some shots down the stretch. Robert Ayers is a football player, he may never have goddy sack numbers but that guy is all over the field. It seems as though we say this every year but if they could just get some more talent on that DL, boy that would help.

On offense, can't say much else about Orton besides I honestly can't ask for much more from him. The pick was a great play by the DB that happens to all QBs, I guess I can moan about the missed 4th down play - but that's water under the bridge at this point. The WR corps is probably the best unit on the squad, and they showed up big today. The obvious concern, the running game. Is it the back or the line? As well as the OL did in pass-pro today, they just don't get any damn push in the run game. I saw a few holes Maroney missed but overall I saw a lot of running into blockers forced to stalemate at the line. I suppose, looking for hope, if Harris gets healthy and Beadles kicks in to LG - along with healthy RBs (sigh) - we could see improvement but for right now we've got to settle with 2 rookies starting on the OL along with a practice squad guy. Honestly, we should probably be happy that Orton's simply alive considering that scenerio.

Overall, I'm not sure proud would be the word I'd use - intrigued would be. I'm intrigued at the long-range prospects of this team because I actually think a solid philosophy has been founded and there is some nice talent and depth. Lets keep in mind that during the last decade under our possible-future HOF coach the Broncos were smashed many times by the Colts and lost games to teams they shouldn't (like Jax) as well. What's going on with the Broncos, to me, isn't any more of an enigma than half the other teams in the league. We just need a greater body of work to evaluate to confirm or deny if the team is moving in the right direction. By season's end, we should have that.

Meck77
09-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Well there you have it folks. The season is over in week 3. Nothing more to see here move along.

We're injured, we're young, we're rebuilding but hardly close to over in week 3. Another inch and this would have been a much closer game and some of you wouldn't be tossing your Broncos hats in the closet.

barryr
09-26-2010, 07:30 PM
I didn't see this team as a playoff team and I don't know many around here that did before the season, so saying it's not a playoff team right now isn't really news.

BroncoManCanuck
09-26-2010, 07:35 PM
But it is tiring seeing "fire McDaniels" after every incomplete pass much less after a loss.

Couldn't have said it better.

BMF Bronco
09-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Well there you have it folks. The season is over in week 3. Nothing more to see here move along.

We're injured, we're young, we're rebuilding but hardly close to over in week 3. Another inch and this would have been a much closer game and some of you wouldn't be tossing your Broncos hats in the closet.

Couldn't have put it better myself, thanks Meck. We could have and should have won this game today, two cosmically stupid calls in the endzone cost us huge, but the fact of the matter is, an inch and one PI call that should have been called and we would have been right there. They will progress through the year, Orton is looking pretty good, the oung receivers are looking good, give the damn ball to Buckhalter and go from there. I am not giving up on these guys.

gyldenlove
09-26-2010, 07:43 PM
This season did seem to be a case of 6 and 10, the first 6 games featured Jags away, Colts, Titans away, Baltimore away and Jets, really 3-3 would be optimal from those 6 but 2-4 will do.

The final 10 games feature 9 games against the AFC or NFC West and a late season home game against Houston. 2 wins against Oakland, 3 against the NFC West, splitting with San Diego and Queefs puts us at 7-2 with a game against Houston, combining with 2-4 from the first 6 that puts us easily in playoff contention. Today could be the hardest game we play all year and we were in the game the whole way, a few turnovers and red zone inefficiency away from winning outright.

This team can go far, as the OL gets healthy and more experienced and as the defense comes together better and with Royal returning we are better.

broncosteven
09-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Overall, I'm not sure proud would be the word I'd use - intrigued would be. I'm intrigued at the long-range prospects of this team because I actually think a solid philosophy has been founded and there is some nice talent and depth. Lets keep in mind that during the last decade under our possible-future HOF coach the Broncos were smashed many times by the Colts and lost games to teams they shouldn't (like Jax) as well. What's going on with the Broncos, to me, isn't any more of an enigma than half the other teams in the league. We just need a greater body of work to evaluate to confirm or deny if the team is moving in the right direction. By season's end, we should have that.

/This

If they start getting more consistent in all phases and get some ballance on O, that is what I am hoping to see.

Being proud of effort was a 2009 thing, we need to start seeing improvement in all 3 phases of the game.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself, thanks Meck. We could have and should have won this game today, two cosmically stupid calls in the endzone cost us huge, but the fact of the matter is, an inch and one PI call that should have been called and we would have been right there. They will progress through the year, Orton is looking pretty good, the oung receivers are looking good, give the damn ball to Buckhalter and go from there. I am not giving up on these guys.

I am very disturbed about our running game. That's where it boils down for me. I'm having a hard time seeing where the improvement in this area is going to come from. I think we've got a good enough passing game, and a scrappy enough defense. But I think both of these are put on their heels by a running game that seems to be fundamentally flawed.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Also, for the record, I don't believe that saying this isn't a playoff team is tantamount to "calling the season over." I'm merely resetting my own expectations. Right now I'm distressed because I feel like we're in no man's land as far as our running game is concerned.

rbackfactory80
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Our passing game is our running game. On a great day in this system you will see around 100 yards by Moreno. Gone are the days of picking up 5 yards a carry when the defense knows a run is coming.

mwill07
09-26-2010, 07:56 PM
I honestly don't know what you guys expected to see.

Are the Colts any good? check - perennial SB contenders.
Are we healthy? Well, we started rookies @ CB and RT, and were down a RB.
Did we have a good week of practice? without knowing exactly what happened in Dove Valley, I'd assume that most of the team was slightly distracted this week.

Frankly, I expected the Colts to hang 40+ on us (again). I thought our pass D was fantastic - Holding the Colts to 17 earned points is great (i.e. not counting points off of turnovers).

Clearly, there's room for improvement and this team has some glaring holes - notably the running game. Until that gets fixed, we will continue to struggle in the red zone and short yardage - there's no two ways around that. as a team, we've had 2.0 YPC or thereabouts for a while - can't pin it on Moreno, can't pin it on Buckhalter, the only constant here is the OL, which we all should expect to struggle.

Here's a positive: kick return coverage was FANTASTIC!

BMF Bronco
09-26-2010, 07:56 PM
I am very disturbed about our running game. That's where it boils down for me. I'm having a hard time seeing where the improvement in this area is going to come from. I think we've got a good enough passing game, and a scrappy enough defense. But I think both of these are put on their heels by a running game that seems to be fundamentally flawed.

That's the thing that worries me too, but I do think Buckhalter gives us the best option there, he seems to run more north and south, not to mention has better hands than the other two. Slowshawn and Maroney dance around too much and then find the first defender to run into.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM

The Offense is not a disaster. Who would you replace with Royal, Gaffney and Lloyd out there? We have a very solid WR core and having trouble to get Decker even lined up at there shows us this. Add Thomas to the mix and we will have no problems in this department. It isnt Orton either. He is shining pretty bright right now and I know that is tough for you to even think about (while you are probably screaming on an incomplete pass that Cutler would have made the play happen). Defense stepped up today on most parts and had one person being picked on and that was Cox. Our problem is what Shanny had and that was not enough points to go with the massive yards accomplished. Not making it on 4th down or not taking the easy 3 points killed us today. Simple as that. There are teams that can bring their A game and still have a 50/50 chance at winning. We bring our A game and it is over 90%. Yes, I did the calculations.

And to Popps, what are you not proud of that would happen to mention McD? Two things about you Popps, you wont do polls so it doesnt slap you in the future and you cant criticize McDaniels.

epicSocialism4tw
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM

Its especially disappointing after having such a reliable run game for so many years, and then having the worst in the NFL.

If we could have held the ball more in the first half, the defense would have played even better. We would have won the game if we could have had any sort of run game at all.

You cant expect to win a shootout with Manning.

broncosteven
09-26-2010, 08:02 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NMroWnWIqs0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NMroWnWIqs0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sassy
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
the offense is not a disaster. Who would you replace with royal, gaffney and lloyd out there? We have a very solid wr core and having trouble to get decker even lined up at there shows us this. Add thomas to the mix and we will have no problems in this department. It isnt orton either. He is shining pretty bright right now and i know that is tough for you to even think about (while you are probably screaming on an incomplete pass that cutler would have made the play happen). Defense stepped up today on most parts and had one person being picked on and that was cox. Our problem is what shanny had and that was not enough points to go with the massive yards accomplished. Not making it on 4th down or not taking the easy 3 points killed us today. Simple as that. There are teams that can bring their a game and still have a 50/50 chance at winning. We bring our a game and it is over 90%. Yes, i did the calculations.

And to popps, what are you not proud of that would happen to mention mcd? Two things about you popps, you wont do polls so it doesnt slap you in the future and you cant criticize mcdaniels.

^5

mwill07
09-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Its especially disappointing after having such a reliable run game for so many years, and then having the worst in the NFL.

If we could have held the ball more in the first half, the defense would have played even better. We would have won the game if we could have had any sort of run game at all.

You cant expect to win a shootout with Manning.

We haven't had a dominant run game since 2005.

epicSocialism4tw
09-26-2010, 08:10 PM
We haven't had a dominant run game since 2005.

I didnt say dominant, I said reliable.

A dominant run game wins championships. A reliable run game provides balance so that you can manage the clock and work the opposing defense in diferent ways to set up the matchups you want to have.

mwill07
09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
I didnt say dominant, I said reliable.

A dominant run game wins championships. A reliable run game provides balance so that you can manage the clock and work the opposing defense in diferent ways to set up the matchups you want to have.

ok. We haven't had a reliable run game since 2007.

rbackfactory80
09-26-2010, 08:28 PM

Last time our running game was good was when Reuben Droughns was carrying it. When you have 18 rushes in 76 total plays your numbers are gonna suffer. This is a pass first team, we do need more attempts however.

What is crazy is in passing situations such as 2 and long we run and we still can't gain a yard.

epicSocialism4tw
09-26-2010, 08:29 PM

We had a reliable run game and more just about every season that Shanahan coached. Even the last season when he rotated every player he could at the position.

McD, despite drafting a 1st round RB, has not shown yet that he can coach a run game. Lets hope that changes, because if it doesnt he's out the door sooner rather than later.

DarkHorse
09-26-2010, 08:33 PM

GO BRONCOS.

Agree 100% Popps

TheChamp24
09-26-2010, 09:27 PM
This season did seem to be a case of 6 and 10, the first 6 games featured Jags away, Colts, Titans away, Baltimore away and Jets, really 3-3 would be optimal from those 6 but 2-4 will do.

The final 10 games feature 9 games against the AFC or NFC West and a late season home game against Houston. 2 wins against Oakland, 3 against the NFC West, splitting with San Diego and Queefs puts us at 7-2 with a game against Houston, combining with 2-4 from the first 6 that puts us easily in playoff contention. Today could be the hardest game we play all year and we were in the game the whole way, a few turnovers and red zone inefficiency away from winning outright.

This team can go far, as the OL gets healthy and more experienced and as the defense comes together better and with Royal returning we are better.

I think you're setting yourself up for some high expectations there with the sweep of the Raiders and NFC West. I wouldn't be surprised to split with the NFC West, and each AFC West team.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 09:33 PM

Can I still come to the bus before the Jets game??

KevinJames
09-26-2010, 09:57 PM
#1 passing offense in the league according to NFL.com stats.

now lets finish drives and score points

Bigdawg26
09-26-2010, 10:16 PM
People are completely throwing Cox under the bus, but I saw Jones get beat ALOT more than Cox. How many rookie cb's don't get beat not to mention against the best QB in the NFL (who always abuse us)?? At least Perrish made some nice plays, Nate Jones was getting rapped out there.

ScottXray
09-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Things I liked.

Pass Protection.
Pass offense and overall QB play.
Defense overall played Very well, especially against the melonhead that is our nemesis. Although he got his yards we did NOT get run out of our own house, and hung with them until the 4th. If the O would have got some points on those RZ trips it was a different game.

Things I Didn't like!
Run game...we HAVE to fix this.
Play selection in the RZ. Always got us there fairly well then the D seemed to be all world . Orton did NOT throw well down there, and they always seemed to know where the ball was going.
We have a great FG kicker...use him! If you get stuffed three times, kick the FG. I know that you think Melonhead was gonna dismantle the D so go for it...but TODAY they were handling him. Take the points in a game like that.
Tebow inactive? He is a big dude...use him down in the RZ.
Get more imaginative and throw a new wrinkle at the D once in a while. Wildcat or even an option/ sweep toss run . Roll out? (okay maybe not against Freeney and CO.)

OABB
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Do we still all think it's the rbs fault? Just checking. I stayed away from this place today and haven't read much. Just wondering if cbuck and maroney were getting killed like knowshon always does.

We still don't blame the blocking right?

Taco John
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
#1 passing offense in the league according to NFL.com stats.

now lets finish drives and score points

We've been instructed that yards don't count. How do we rank in scoring?

Taco John
09-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I watched the first half again tonight, and have some perspective on why I was so upset. It boils down to the fact that we could have won that game. I hate losing games we could have won, at home.

If we could play the entire game like we played the first half, we'd have at least been in position to win. I haven't re-watched the second half yet, but knowing already that we totally abandoned the run, only putting up 12 yards the entire half already paints a pretty good picture.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 11:04 PM

We rank 15th in average points per game.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2010, 11:06 PM

ty mock for talking to yourself via posts.

Popps
09-26-2010, 11:07 PM

Actually... that's not a disaster considering how many points we've left on the field.

I think we could be top 6-10, easily if we stopped fumbling in the redzone, missing easy TD's from the 1... etc.

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Taco turning the tables on the homers....awesome as usual.

Actually, I think this offense is only a couple road graders and possibly a back away from being pretty damn good, but yeah, the red zone problems seem even worse than they were under Shanny.

Borks147
09-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Taco turning the tables on the homers....awesome as usual.

Actually, I think this offense is only a couple road graders and possibly a back away from being pretty damn good, but yeah, the red zone problems seem even worse than they were under Shanny.

It has come to the point that every time we get a huge play to get down to the 20 I scream at the TV because I know we're still only getting 3 points because the player didn't break it.

Popps
09-26-2010, 11:15 PM
And to Popps, what are you not proud of that would happen to mention McD? .

Dude, I've said it repeatedly. Running game... run defense. (Though today it improved.) Poor ST's. How many times do I need to say it?

In fact, who was the one last week that started the "defensive woes" thread... after a win?

Selective memory there?

you wont do polls so it doesnt slap you in the future .

Wrong again. I do polls. I don't do ALL polls, and I certainly don't do polls with ignorant options.

I'm also not remotely concerned with something "slapping me" that I've said earlier. I've made as many failed predictions here as the next guy.

Maybe you just care about that stuff more than I do?

you cant criticize McDaniels.

So, when I complain about the team's problems... is he exempt for some reason? We can't run the ****ing ball... he's our coach... do the math.

Now, I will say... the guy has had exactly TWO off-seasons to try to fix a team that (literally) half of the defensive starters were out of the NFL after being released. I believe in his philosophy and approach, so sure... I'm willing to give him some time to put things in place before I totally trash the guy.

But, I never totally trashed Shanahan, either. I just thought it was time for a change. When McDaniels has had enough time and resources to put a winning team out there... and doesn't, well then I'll think it's time to move on again.

However, I'm not going to go into some kind of child-like tantrum after today's game and trash the dude. We all pretty much knew where we stood going in. I thought we fared better than expected and had our chances to win it. If people want to act shocked because we lost this game, they're free to do so.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Actually... that's not a disaster considering how many points we've left on the field.

I think we could be top 6-10, easily if we stopped fumbling in the redzone, missing easy TD's from the 1... etc.

Our defense today put up a hell of a valiant effort. And our rushing game let them down. More to the point - our short yardage rushing game let them down.

I'm going to say this, people will laugh, but I don't care: we would have won that game if we had Hillis pounding the ball for us. If blocking is such a known weakness to this team, we should have kept Hillis, who doesn't need blocks so much as he needs a head full of steam - not to mention the fact that he can blow open holes.

I'm upset because I believe this is a personnel move that very well could mean the difference between us making the playoffs this year and missing them for the very point that you just highlighted.

It's very frustrating. The only thing that we can do at this point is hope that Moreno's injury doesn't linger, and that - what, I guess that our offensive linemen figure out how to run block or something? I am at a loss to understand how it is our offensive linemen can pass block so excellently today, but be so horrible at run blocking. Is that coaching? Is that talent? What's going on here? Simms made a comment about this. I'll be curious to hear what is asked about this during the press conference.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 11:28 PM

I'll have you know, though, that if someone cared to, they could use this "knife" to cut the other way with regards to the scoring on the 2008 team. The AFC is as weak as it's ever been, and we had the hottest, youngest team on the rise.

Water under the bridge, I guess...

Popps
09-26-2010, 11:47 PM
I'll have you know, though, that if someone cared to, they could use this "knife" to cut the other way with regards to the scoring on the 2008 team. The AFC is as weak as it's ever been, and we had the hottest, youngest team on the rise.

Water under the bridge, I guess...

We had nothing on defense and a few scattered, troubled "stars" on offense.

Move on, brother. Maybe it will work... maybe it won't. But, you have to move on.

Popps
09-26-2010, 11:48 PM
I am at a loss to understand how it is our offensive linemen can pass block so excellently today, but be so horrible at run blocking. Is that coaching? Is that talent? What's going on here? Simms made a comment about this. I'll be curious to hear what is asked about this during the press conference.

Thought about this same thing tonight. We stale-mated one of the best pass-rushes in football, and yet couldn't open up a single running lane.

Add to that, Taco... we're friggin' throwing for 350 yards a game or some ****.
It's not like teams can cheat up on us anymore.

It's mind-boggling. I know Moreno being out sure didn't help. But, it's a line issue... a scheme issue... something.

extralife
09-26-2010, 11:49 PM

"Our mediocre scoring isn't that bad, if you consider how much higher it would be if we scored more."

--Popps

I love it here, sometimes.

55CrushEm
09-27-2010, 05:00 AM

But we must be up there in yardage.......and that's all that counts according to the NFL and the Beetus lovers, right? You should be thrilled.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2010, 05:43 AM

Funny how you selectively use stats to back up your argument. With Cutler it was "Funny we have a top 5 offense" but you used yards.

But you won't apply the same to these Broncos.

Look, I get it, the people that were against Cutler used the points stat to effectively refute claims of how good our offense was then. Those that were for Cutler used the yards stat to point to how awesome the offense was.

Be consistent, use your same stats. By your reasoning with Cutler, this team is an offensive juggernaut. Conversely, those that were anti-cutler need to use the same stats as they used to refute his awesomeness and merely point out that our SCORING offense has not improved much. The only difference here is that we are not throwing interceptions in the red zone, we just aren't scoring effing points.

colonelbeef
09-27-2010, 05:50 AM

not after this week is tallied following monday night we don't.

colonelbeef
09-27-2010, 05:54 AM
We had nothing on defense and a few scattered, troubled "stars" on offense.

Move on, brother. Maybe it will work... maybe it won't. But, you have to move on.

keep saying it, maybe one day it will magically become true.

Star QB, Star WRs, Star Tackles all under the age of 26 is not "a few scattered stars", its downright ****ing amazing, and any team in the AFC West would kill for that personnel mix right about now. I dont even have to mention Kuper, Harris, Sheffler.

jhns
09-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Of course you are proud of us losing. Of course you defend everything a horrible coach does to this team. All of you raider fans are the same. We didn't think you were rooting for us Popps.

tsiguy96
09-27-2010, 06:15 AM
no doubt on the red zone issue being such a huge problem, and mcdaniels and the entire team knows this as has been reported thats what they focused on all week.

chex
09-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Montrose nailed it when he said proud isnít the word, but more like intrigued.

I really thought this was going to be one of our playoff nightmare games against them, so I was surprised at how we didnít let this game get away from us, especially with the key turnovers.

Running game, more like run blocking, is horrendous. I donít even know how good/bad our rbís are since they donít have any room to prove their worth. To not be able to power one yard to paydirt is pretty disconcerting. I never liked the Tebow pick, but I figured heíd be in on goal line packages and help the short yardage game. Why wasnít he activated? McD talks about improving redzone production and going for touchdowns to beat the Colts, but Tebow may arguably be our best short yardage runner. To not even have him as an option ticked me off. With that said, the Shanny ZBS fans need to give it a rest. Yeah, it was great having the running attack we did, but 1 playoff win in 10 years tells me ZBS isnít the magic key to playoff success. I want this power running scheme to work, to stand up to the big defenses, and wear down the smaller ones.

And I will keep it honest, I hated the Cutler era of yards and no points, and that hasnít changed. Iíve posted on here many times before that stats are for losers. I couldnít tell you where we rank in yardage on offense, and I couldnít care less. All I know is weíre not scoring enough points. The whole yardage thing is dumbass argument, and always has been. Who gives a **** if Orton or Cutler can lead an O to 400 yards a game? Just like in 2008, itís the same now. Points win. Yards are for fantasy leagues.

McDaniels needs to figure out how to move the friggin ball inside the 20, and to punch it in. Line up a TE or OL as a FB in those situations if you have to. Hell, lineup 9 OL/TE on the LOS, and find the mismatch if you need to. Just get it in there for crissakes.

55CrushEm
09-27-2010, 06:49 AM

I really thought this was going to be one of our playoff nightmare games against them, so I was surprised at how we didnít let this game get away from us, especially with the key turnovers.

Running game, more like run blocking, is horrendous. I donít even know how good/bad our rbís are since they donít have any room to prove their worth. To not be able to power one yard to paydirt is pretty disconcerting. I never liked the Tebow pick, but I figured heíd be in on goal line packages and help the short yardage game. Why wasnít he activated? McD talks about improving redzone production and going for touchdowns to beat the Colts, but Tebow may arguably be our best short yardage runner. To not even have him as an option ticked me off. With that said, the Shanny ZBS fans need to give it a rest. Yeah, it was great having the running attack we did, but 1 playoff win in 10 years tells me ZBS isnít the magic key to playoff success. I want this power running scheme to work, to stand up to the big defenses, and wear down the smaller ones.

And I will keep it honest, I hated the Cutler era of yards and no points, and that hasnít changed. Iíve posted on here many times before that stats are for losers. I couldnít tell you where we rank in yardage on offense, and I couldnít care less. All I know is weíre not scoring enough points. The whole yardage thing is dumbass argument, and always has been. Who gives a **** if Orton or Cutler can lead an O to 400 yards a game? Just like in 2008, itís the same now. Points win. Yards are for fantasy leagues.

McDaniels needs to figure out how to move the friggin ball inside the 20, and to punch it in. Line up a TE or OL as a FB in those situations if you have to. Hell, lineup 9 OL/TE on the LOS, and find the mismatch if you need to. Just get it in there for crissakes.

Well said. Agreed on all points.

gtown
09-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Not a bad game. Peyton has made a lot of teams his bitch over the years, we just become his bitch on national TV more often.

The fact that we have a defensive model that can at least begin to contain their run game and their passing game is at heartening. If we had Doom, I think we could really shut them down.

We have to face that the Broncos are an average team. Average teams can't make mistakes and win the game. We have to fire on all cylinders to do beat opponents like Indy. But I think we have the talent to really compete a few years from now.

barryr
09-27-2010, 06:52 AM
The Broncos' problems in the red zone date back to Shanahan as well, so it's not like this is new. I would go with Tebow in short yardage situations since it seems the o-line can't get it done with obvious running plays, so give the defense something else to prepare for and leave some doubt in their minds.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-27-2010, 06:52 AM
Tebow was inactive yesterday.

Man-Goblin
09-27-2010, 07:00 AM
So, just to recap:

*We didn't make the playoffs in 2008 because Hillis got hurt (I actually agree with this one).

*We didn't make the playoffs in 2009 because McDaniels decided not to use Hillis.

*And we won't make the playoffs in 2010 because McDaniels traded Hillis.

Damn, that big hillbilly has a lot of influence on this franchise and the league.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Tebow was inactive yesterday.

Hello welcome to yesterday

CEH
09-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Our defense today put up a hell of a valiant effort. And our rushing game let them down. More to the point - our short yardage rushing game let them down.

I'm going to say this, people will laugh, but I don't care: we would have won that game if we had Hillis pounding the ball for us. If blocking is such a known weakness to this team, we should have kept Hillis, who doesn't need blocks so much as he needs a head full of steam - not to mention the fact that he can blow open holes.

I'm upset because I believe this is a personnel move that very well could mean the difference between us making the playoffs this year and missing them for the very point that you just highlighted.

It's very frustrating. The only thing that we can do at this point is hope that Moreno's injury doesn't linger, and that - what, I guess that our offensive linemen figure out how to run block or something? I am at a loss to understand how it is our offensive linemen can pass block so excellently today, but be so horrible at run blocking. Is that coaching? Is that talent? What's going on here? Simms made a comment about this. I'll be curious to hear what is asked about this during the press conference.

I too believe we win or at least have a chance to win had we had Hillis back there. Ppl tend to blame the goaline woes solely on the run blocking which can improve believe me but this is a simple math problem. The defense has 11guys at the LOS and the O only has 9 guys to block . At some point the RB will be responsible to beat a man one on one in order to score a TD. Those were the word of one Eric Studsville who told the talk show hosts this week it's phyically impossible for the offense to block all 11 guys.

Both Moreno and Macroney are dancers when we need a punshier or someone to bring his own blocker.

Right now we are a finese running team yet Josh wants to believe we are a power team when the only thing that mattered yesterday was TDs not some philophy lesson about how he need to become more physical.

tsiguy96
09-27-2010, 07:24 AM
we need a RB who will take on 3 guys at or over the LOS for goal line back!

oubronco
09-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Not only finesse but Maroney runs into the back of his blockers that's what got Larson nicked up and why does it always seem like watching other teams their running backs break tackles and keep going and our running backs get brought down by the first guy

Denver724
09-27-2010, 07:28 AM
From John Clayton's on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/notebook/_/page/lastcall1003/john-clayton-last-call

Once again, Peyton Manning (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1428) showed he can overcome a lot of adversity. He didn't have wide receivers Pierre Garcon (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11439) and Anthony Gonzalez (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10476) because of injuries, leaving him only two experienced receivers. His left tackle, Charlie Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9785), was inactive because of a foot injury. Nevertheless, Manning completed 27-of-43 for 325 yards and three touchdowns in a 27-13 victory over the Broncos. With the Broncos sliding their coverage to Reggie Wayne (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2578) and Dallas Clark (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4482), Manning hit Austin Collie (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12561) on 12 of 16 attempts for 171 yards and two touchdowns. The Colts had four starters and Gonzalez inactive because of injuries.

TonyR
09-27-2010, 07:30 AM

The problem is that Hillis isn't terribly quick and the holes weren't there to enable him to get the "head full of steam" you suggest he needs. Indy has an extremely fast, swarming defense, and I'm not sure Hillis would have made much difference.

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks, brother. Tough loss, but hell... the SB champs lost today to a lesser team. There are "throw in the towel" losses, but this just wasn't one of them.

I mean, none of us seemed to expect us to beat the Colts today, so I'm not sure why people are acting surprised. My hope was that we'd win... but my next hope was that we'd be able to take something to build upon. That, I thought we did.

Couldn't agree more on the 2nd half of the season. We've got to go the right direction this year, even with the injuries. We've got to show progress, at least some.

Hopefully, that's what yesterday's game will be. It's a matter of playing better complimentary football.

I'm proud of the effort, but frustrated. Yesterday came up a little short of complimentary football. The muffed punt losing momentum early, the failed 4th down attempts foregoing FG's. Those didn't compliment the D's great effort.

I know the rule is be aggressive on 4th down at home, but I'm skeptical the playcalling in the redzone complimented the O's strengths.

But, the future is bright.

OABB
09-27-2010, 08:12 AM
We would have won with moreno. He scores from the one. he's done it this year. Do people forget or what?

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 08:23 AM

Yeah, but, just an incrementally better effort in the running game will pay big dividends. Just a play made here and there . . . .

Ya gotta hope for the best.

TheChamp24
09-27-2010, 08:24 AM
That playcalling in the red zone was atrocious.
1st and goal at the 1, run to the left no gain, with photo evidence showing Colts selling out for the run.
Next play, another run.
3rd down, a horrible attempt at throwing a fade to Thomas.
4th down, another run.
What should've happened:
run on 1st, pass on 2nd, run on 3rd, and if none of that worked, pass on 4th.

Next time, we had 1st and 10 at the 16. Pass for 9 yards, 2nd 1. Mind you, time was running out and we were out of timeouts.
2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1, instead of trying to get short slants, we go for something else that I believe almost got intercepted.

Next time, 1st and 10 at the 17.
2 incomplete passes in a row followed by a pass to Royal across the middle at the line of scrimmage. Now, why the heck was Royal running a route across the line of scrimmage?

Next time, we get to 4th and 3 at the 12. Orton rushes a throw when he had time, and Lloyd running a hook route 8 yards down the field. IMO, should've just went with a short slant, but still, this was strictly poor execution.

chex
09-27-2010, 08:28 AM
That playcalling in the red zone was atrocious.
1st and goal at the 1, run to the left no gain, with photo evidence showing Colts selling out for the run.
Next play, another run.
3rd down, a horrible attempt at throwing a fade to Thomas.
4th down, another run.
What should've happened:
run on 1st, pass on 2nd, run on 3rd, and if none of that worked, pass on 4th.

Next time, we had 1st and 10 at the 16. Pass for 9 yards, 2nd 1. Mind you, time was running out and we were out of timeouts.
2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1, instead of trying to get short slants, we go for something else that I believe almost got intercepted.

Next time, 1st and 10 at the 17.
2 incomplete passes in a row followed by a pass to Royal across the middle at the line of scrimmage. Now, why the heck was Royal running a route across the line of scrimmage?

Next time, we get to 4th and 3 at the 12. Orton rushes a throw when he had time, and Lloyd running a hook route 8 yards down the field. IMO, should've just went with a short slant, but still, this was strictly poor execution.

Yep, can't disagree here. Zero creativity at the goal line.

The Lloyd play, it looked like it was designed for a quick out to the down marker, which is where Orton threw the pass. Looked like a miscommunication, but on 4th & 3, I would think the play was to get the first down, and not the TD. Either way, someone screwed up.

Taco John
09-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Funny how you selectively use stats to back up your argument. With Cutler it was "Funny we have a top 5 offense" but you used yards.

Huh? I'm not the one who established that we couldn't use yards as an indicator. For my part, I think yards is a good measure of offensive effectiveness. You've got the wrong guy.

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Frustrated by Mcdummy's coaching.
He ignores running game and doesn't involve TE's in passing game.
Bowlen..Please fire that idiot and never hire Belichick assistants.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Frustrated by Mcdummy's coaching.
He ignores running game and doesn't involve TE's in passing game.
Bowlen..Please fire that idiot and never hire Belichick assistants.

Can we all agree that this is the dumbest post of the year?

bendog
09-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Huh? I'm not the one who established that we couldn't use yards as an indicator. For my part, I think yards is a good measure of offensive effectiveness. You've got the wrong guy.

Wish i'd have joined my work Fatasy league. I thought Orton was primed for a monster yardage season.

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 08:47 AM

A) Agreed.

B) No kidding, do something different instead of running the same dang play over and over. Very frustrating to see McD go so conservative inside the five, you have to attack the middle of the endzone sometimes with a pass play on first down. Try play-action on first down inside the five for chrissake.

It's easy to just throw it out of the endzone if it doesn't look good, and the pass pro was great yesterday. The playcalling was infuriating yesterday inside the five, just repetetive failure.

chex
09-27-2010, 08:47 AM

It looks like a haiku attempt gone haywire.

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 08:49 AM

Keep supporting him..
you can win games consistently if you have good running game.
We are struggling to run the ball once he became the coach.
Added to that, he traded Hillis to Cleveland.
Hillis is much better RB than Moreno(he keeps getting hurt).

Rohirrim
09-27-2010, 08:52 AM
It got to where I never believed it when Shanny kept saying it, but I believe it now: We're only a few pieces away. ;D

Rock Chalk
09-27-2010, 08:54 AM

Try reading again.

You posted "We are 15th in scoring offense" which, being a yards guy, shouldn't matter to you right? Afterall, we moved the ball all over the field. This was the stat you kept preaching when Cutler was under center and many said "WHo gives a ****, we didnt score points cuz Cutler threw a pick in the red zone". Now you say "We are 15th in scoring offense" making a point to bring it up since it was thrown in your face during the Cutler era (and you are right, scoring offense needs help, our red zone issues remain).

Stick to defending your stupid, tired ass yards argument. I dont care how many yards we rack up if, in 5 red zone tries, we come away with 6 poitns we are going to lose every damn time.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Keep supporting him..
you can win games consistently if you have good running game.
We are struggling to run the ball once he became the coach.
Added to that, he traded Hillis to Cleveland.
Hillis is much better RB than Moreno(he keeps getting hurt).

Cool starry bra.

I will support him. See, he's the coach of my favorite team, so I want to see him do well. We're rebuilding. Did you think this was a Super Bowl team?

Now that is funny.

Taco John
09-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Try reading again.

You posted "We are 15th in scoring offense" which, being a yards guy, shouldn't matter to you right? Afterall, we moved the ball all over the field. This was the stat you kept preaching when Cutler was under center and many said "WHo gives a ****, we didnt score points cuz Cutler threw a pick in the red zone". Now you say "We are 15th in scoring offense" making a point to bring it up since it was thrown in your face during the Cutler era (and you are right, scoring offense needs help, our red zone issues remain).

Stick to defending your stupid, tired ass yards argument. I dont care how many yards we rack up if, in 5 red zone tries, we come away with 6 poitns we are going to lose every damn time.

You've missed the entire context of that conversation. Also, I'm not a "yards guy." I think yards is a good indicator, but not the only one worth considering. It was guys like you who threw out yards, saying we couldn't consider them, and are now running to yards as the be-all and end-all measurement. Not sure why you're freaking out about it now.

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Yep, can't disagree here. Zero creativity at the goal line.

The Lloyd play, it looked like it was designed for a quick out to the down marker, which is where Orton threw the pass. Looked like a miscommunication, but on 4th & 3, I would think the play was to get the first down, and not the TD. Either way, someone screwed up.

Yah, that's been discussed extensively on the radio, it was a miscommunication. The read was how the CB was gonna play it, coming up to take the inside away or laying back to defend the endzone.

Exactly the same play Manning hit Collie over Cox, but Orton didn't have the patience to wait and see what the CB did. Orton threw too early. Lloyd should kick him in the nuts for that.

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Cool starry bra.

I will support him. See, he's the coach of my favorite team, so I want to see him do well. We're rebuilding. Did you think this was a Super Bowl team?

Now that is funny.

He is coach of my favorite team too.
That's the reason i am concerned with the direction of this team.
No running game, NO TE's involved in passing game and horrible RZ offense.
That's the reason we are average team.
I would have been happy if we show some improvement.
All i see improvement is only on the passing game and we will not be able to win games consistently by passing the ball.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2010, 09:04 AM
You've missed the entire context of that conversation. Also, I'm not a "yards guy." I think yards is a good indicator, but not the only one worth considering. It was guys like you who threw out yards, saying we couldn't consider them, and are now running to yards as the be-all and end-all measurement. Not sure why you're freaking out about it now.

Im not using yards as anything. Im consistent in my opinion that points are the best indicator of how good an offense is. Yards mean dick.

Teams can get short fields all day long and not get yard stats but they put the points on teh board. They win the game. Yet a QB might have only 115 yards passing and rushing totals could be less than 100 yards. IF you went by yards, that's not a good offense, when in reality they were extremely good.

POINTS is what matters. Im talking about points scored on offense, not necessarily the game's total points.

Rohirrim
09-27-2010, 09:08 AM
I find it strange that the criticism is so harsh. Were there people in here who thought this would be a playoff team this season? I sure didn't. What I've seen is improvement from week to week. That's all I ask. Even losing the #1 pass rusher and rb, this team still played the SB winning Colts pretty damn good. Their pass rush got stuffed. Beadles did an awesome job on Mathis. Clady closed down Freeney. We have the makings of an ass-kicking Oline and our receiver corps could be the best in the NFL. I have no doubt that if Knowshon is in there, we bust in for the TD a couple more times. Plus, Cox dropped a kick on the 14, giving the Colts the ball, and all they come away with is a 3 pointer? That's some defense. All signs point to much better things to come.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2010, 09:08 AM

Hillis MAY have made a difference. Moreno probably would have too though. Im positive Moreno could have jumped into the end zone on that first goal line attempt like he did against Seattle. I dont understand what the eff we are doign down there at all.

Taco John
09-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Im not using yards as anything. Im consistent in my opinion that points are the best indicator of how good an offense is. Yards mean dick.

Teams can get short fields all day long and not get yard stats but they put the points on teh board. They win the game. Yet a QB might have only 115 yards passing and rushing totals could be less than 100 yards. IF you went by yards, that's not a good offense, when in reality they were extremely good.

POINTS is what matters. Im talking about points scored on offense, not necessarily the game's total points.

Well great. You apparently just wanted to find a reason to criticize me for the sake of it, even if I was using the yard stick which you prefer. Apparently, things are normal. :)

Taco John
09-27-2010, 09:14 AM
I find it strange that the criticism is so harsh. Were there people in here who thought this would be a playoff team this season? I sure didn't. What I've seen is improvement from week to week. That's all I ask. Even losing the #1 pass rusher and rb, this team still played the SB winning Colts pretty damn good. Their pass rush got stuffed. Beadles did an awesome job on Mathis. Clady closed down Freeney. We have the makings of an ass-kicking Oline and our receiver corps could be the best in the NFL. I have no doubt that if Knowshon is in there, we bust in for the TD a couple more times. Plus, Cox dropped a kick on the 14, giving the Colts the ball, and all they come away with is a 3 pointer? That's some defense. All signs point to much better things to come.

I can only speak for myself, but yes, I expected that we'd be a playoff team this year.

Mountain Bronco
09-27-2010, 09:16 AM
I am sorry, but there are no moral victories in football. We lost. 5 trips to redzone and no TD's does not cut it. Our running game has to get going soon or we are going to be screwed. Moreno helps, but our running game wasn't great when he was in their either.

D played well, but it is tough when Peyton and co get a lead. They wore down in the second half. 8-8 again.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-27-2010, 09:16 AM
I can only speak for myself, but yes, I expected that we'd be a playoff team this year.

It wouldnt shock me if we wound up being one. The thing that's killed denver so far this year is situational football, not inability to execute on a trend level. We've made dumb mistakes and had costly turnovers, but in general, our offense has moved the ball well and the defense has been adequate. As I mentioned in another thread, if football was a 162 game sport, these things would even themselves out and i think the broncos would be a real good team. unfortunately, its not.

Mountain Bronco
09-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I also believe this team is playing how I expected and that was an outside shot at the playoffs (which we still have), but nothing certain.

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 09:23 AM
It wouldnt shock me if we wound up being one. The thing that's killed denver so far this year is situational football, not inability to execute on a trend level. We've made dumb mistakes and had costly turnovers, but in general, our offense has moved the ball well and the defense has been adequate. As I mentioned in another thread, if football was a 162 game sport, these things would even themselves out and i think the broncos would be a real good team. unfortunately, its not.

I don't see a difference between this team and team coached by shanny(in regards to offense).
I definitely see improvement in defense.

Rohirrim
09-27-2010, 09:27 AM

I think if we would have used three draft picks on something other than Tebow we might be doing a lot better, but live and learn. ;D

Gort
09-27-2010, 09:37 AM
The Broncos' problems in the red zone date back to Shanahan as well, so it's not like this is new. I would go with Tebow in short yardage situations since it seems the o-line can't get it done with obvious running plays, so give the defense something else to prepare for and leave some doubt in their minds.

i could have guaranteed a TD from the 1. put in Tebow. overload the right side. fake a handoff to Tebow to the right side and have Orton run a naked bootleg to the left (probably into the endzone untouched). if McD puts Tebow in at the 1, the D focuses on him 100%. especially if it's the first time they see him on the field. using him as a decoy is about the only value he has right now. and you can only fool the D once. 2nd and goal from the 1 was the time to do it. McD didn't.

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 09:44 AM
I think if we would have used three draft picks on something other than Tebow we might be doing a lot better, but live and learn. ;D

It was a tossup, but we'll have to wait and see.

baja
09-27-2010, 09:46 AM

If you had said poster I might be on board with that, as for posts there soooo many to chose from.

The Joker
09-27-2010, 09:48 AM
I thought there were a lot of encouraging signs.

The defense gave a good account of themselves. They didn't stop Manning, but they contained him to some extent and made some good stops. Considering the Colts had a couple of very short fields to work with after turnovers, giving up 27 points was no disgrace. The run defense was impressive as well for the most part, nice to see that we're not getting shredded when we line up to stop the pass and teams run on us.

On offense Orton looked good and the receiving corp looks great, we did a great job in pass protection too.

Hard to be proud of a team that is so disgracefully bad at running the ball though, we were terrible. Unless you have an elite QB and passing game, if you can't run the ball at least somewhat competently then you're going to have real trouble getting into the endzone.

We need this O-Line to gel in run blocking, and soon, because while I like Orton he's not going to go out there and put up many points by himself all that often. We're never going to have backs that have 100 yard days all that often, because the offense is designed to do most of it's damage through the air. But we need to be able to consistently average over 4 yards a carry and convert short yardage situations by running the ball a respectable percentage of the time. Make teams at least respect the run, and be able to punish them if they don't. Our longest run yesterday was 9 yards... and it came from Orton. That's humiliating, quite frankly.

It's quite frustrating, because I think with a running game that's even middle of the pack we'd have a damn good offense.

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 09:51 AM
If you had said poster I might be on board with that, as for posts there soooo many to chose from.

Keep supporting Mcdummy blindly.

Rock Chalk
09-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Well great. You apparently just wanted to find a reason to criticize me for the sake of it, even if I was using the yard stick which you prefer. Apparently, things are normal. :)

But you aren't reading Taco. I DO NOT PREFER THE YARDS AS A MEASURING STICK FOR AN OFFENSES PROWESS.

baja
09-27-2010, 09:54 AM

i have thought all along we have a good shot at getting into the playoffs and after seeing the confusion going on with coaching in SD I think we got a good shot at winning the division.

PS I say we win this week impressively.

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I thought there were a lot of encouraging signs.

The defense gave a good account of themselves. They didn't stop Manning, but they contained him to some extent and made some good stops. Considering the Colts had a couple of very short fields to work with after turnovers, giving up 27 points was no disgrace. The run defense was impressive as well for the most part, nice to see that we're not getting shredded when we line up to stop the pass and teams run on us.

On offense Orton looked good and the receiving corp looks great, we did a great job in pass protection too.

Hard to be proud of a team that is so disgracefully bad at running the ball though, we were terrible. Unless you have an elite QB and passing game, if you can't run the ball at least somewhat competently then you're going to have real trouble getting into the endzone.

We need this O-Line to gel in run blocking, and soon, because while I like Orton he's not going to go out there and put up many points by himself all that often. We're never going to have backs that have 100 yard days all that often, because the offense is designed to do most of it's damage through the air. But we need to be able to consistently average over 4 yards a carry and convert short yardage situations by running the ball a respectable percentage of the time. Make teams at least respect the run, and be able to punish them if they don't. Our longest run yesterday was 9 yards... and it came from Orton. That's humiliating, quite frankly.

It's quite frustrating, because I think with a running game that's even middle of the pack we'd have a damn good offense.

Mcd coached 19 games upto now.
We have 1 or 2 instances where our RB's rushed more than 100 yards.
That's horrible.
I also think we need to involve TE's in passing game(especially in RZ).
He needs to fix those 2 things to have a chance of winning games consistently.
Until then, we will be average/below average team.

Popps
09-27-2010, 09:59 AM

Even after the loss of Doom, Harris and Moreno being questionable for the start of the season?

I love the confidence, but my expectations were tempered notably when Doom went down.

To me, we were a borderline playoff team to start the season. Take away our team's best defensive player, and some might argue our biggest impact player... and that's a real problem. Especially when he pretty much represented our only pass-rush.

But, I'm also not ready to thrown in the towel just yet. There's a lot of season left to go, and we're clearly seeing that anything can happen. I'll have fun watching this team build something special, and hopefully chalk up a respectable record this year.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 09:59 AM
i have thought all along we have a good shot at getting into the playoffs and after seeing the confusion going on with coaching in SD I think we got a good shot at winning the division.

PS I say we win this week impressively.

San Diego moved the ball at will the Seasquawks just made timely plays to win. I wouldn't write them off just yet

baja
09-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Keep supporting Mcdummy blindly.

Speaking of blind did that white cane arrive yet?

Popps
09-27-2010, 10:01 AM
It's funny how this thread has exploded into a s#it-fest, too. It was really just referencing one game... one effort the team put forth during a very tough week.

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Well, despite my frustrated nitpicking, there was a lot of good things about the game. The team kept it close at home on Floyd Little/Kenny McKinley day, really gave a great effort. Some great individual efforts by offensive and defensive players. The team just didn't quite put it all together and that's the frustrating part.

I can understand going for it on 4th down in the redzone at home on Floyd Little/Kenny McKinley day, it's just frustrating they didn't pull it off.

baja
09-27-2010, 10:08 AM
San Diego moved the ball at will the Seasquawks just made timely plays to win. I wouldn't write them off just yet

No I'm not writing them off by any stretch but I am hearing Norv is being second guessed in SD. He made some questionable TO calls at the end of the game. Plus SD has lost 2 games I thought they would win at the beginning of the season.

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 10:09 AM
No I'm not writing them off by any stretch but I am hearing Norv is being second guessed in SD. He made some questionable TO calls at the end of the game. Plus SD has lost 2 games I thought they would win at the beginning of the season.

and what about our great hall of fame coach..:spit:

55CrushEm
09-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Perhaps we're having trouble getting it in the endzone because of that god awful argyle endzone paint pattern. WTF? I thought that was only for the 50th AFL anniversary last year.

Let's change it up already.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 10:11 AM

Norv should be second guessed and they did score a TD that was brought back becuase of penalty so they weren't that bad

But it is good to see them falter they just need to falter down the stretch this year :approve:

baja
09-27-2010, 10:18 AM
and what about our great hall of fame coach..:spit:

Your post has what to do about my take concerning SD's woes?