PDA

View Full Version : Hillis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brady Quinn

txtebow
09-26-2010, 01:12 PM
140 yards and a TD against the RAVENS Defense so far thru 3 quarters
Go ahead and explain to all of us again why Hillis couldn't be productive in a McDaniel's offense?

" He is slow to learn the playbook."
"He fumbles too much..'
" He hit on Josh's Wife.."

All of you who insisted that Hillis could not have been a 2nd string HB, spot starter COMPLETELY missed the boat on him. Too bad for the Broncos Josh McDaniels held Hillis in the same regard as the majority of REGULAR posters on this board.....

Popps
09-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Hillis had a game. Here come the old ladies...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Mike Shanahan had him 7th on his depth chart.

Please continue your fascinating, original thread though. Really fantastic to tackle a new topic with such vigor.

The MVPlaya
09-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Go ahead and explain to all of us again why Hillis couldn't be productive in a McDaniel's offense?

"He fumbles too much..'

All of you who insisted that Hillis could not have been a 2nd string HB, spot starter COMPLETELY missed the boat on him. Too bad for the Broncos Josh McDaniels held Hillis in the same regard as the majority of REGULAR posters on this board.....

Well, he wasn't a 2nd string RB on the Browns either. It took an injury to Jerome Harrison and their rookie RB for him to get the starting role today.

He was a back up fullback on their depth chart throughout TC.

tsiguy96
09-26-2010, 01:16 PM
i wonder why everyone was so hesitant to just let him be a RB. mcdaniels, shanahan, now the browns. hes so good carrying the ball, but not much else, so why everyone insisted on putting him in other spots is beyond me.

Popps
09-26-2010, 01:17 PM
So, is this txtebow girl Dragqueen reincarnated?

txtebow

Please continue your fascinating, original thread though. Really fantastic to tackle a new topic with such vigor.

until he carried our running game for a stretch in 2008. Again, his value far supercedes Quinn's. and par for the course, the usual koolaid drinkers are still unable to admit that Josh made a mistake.

enjolras
It's one game... maybe let the season play out?

Gort

"He fumbles too much..'

the majority here liked Hillis and wanted him to stay and get a fair chance under McD. when it looked like McD wouldn't give him a fair chance, many simply hoped he'd have success elsewhere. that's the way it usually goes for a player that doesn't quite fit in here.

only a few loudmouths hated Hillis and wouldn't stop making up stories about him to justify their hate.

i liked Hillis and wish McD would have given him a chance. since he's not here, i hope he's successful in Cleveland.

but, it's water under the bridge at this point. no reason to re-fight the battle about Hillis. at this point, the Broncos have bigger problems to worry about than former players.

diehardbroncosfan
09-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Hillis had his chances here last year and he quite literally fumbled them away.

txtebow
09-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, he wasn't a 2nd string RB on the Browns either. It took an injury to Jerome Harrison and their rookie RB for him to get the starting role today.

He was a back up fullback on their depth chart throughout TC.

Value. His value far supercedes Brady's...you saw our preseason right?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 01:19 PM
until he carried our running game for a stretch in 2008. Again, his value far supercedes Quinn's. and par for the course, the usual koolaid drinkers are still unable to admit that Josh made a mistake.

And? He still would have been 3rd, AT LEAST, on the depth chart the next season.

I'm not sure why you're so unable to let it go. He's gone. It's time to dry your tears, big fella.

diehardbroncosfan
09-26-2010, 01:19 PM

You saw Orton last preseason right? Not saying Quinn will be as good as Orton, but given a year in this system, Quinn might become a valuable asset.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 01:20 PM

nah, that's strafen, the racist homophobe.

bpc
09-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I think some fan police backup might to be called in for this one.

frerottenextelway
I'm hungry. Not sure if I should get pizza or a cheeseburger.

txtebow
It is amazing how impossible it is for some of you to be objective about the game of football and our broncos.

Popps
09-26-2010, 01:22 PM
I think some fan police backup might to be called in for this one.

Hey there's BPC. I figured it would take something like this for you to show up, bro?

Not much going on at your Bears' board?

LongDongJohnson
09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Oh well who gives a ****. We dont need Hillis. I garuntee that he would look like crap starting for us. He fits in with the browns perfectly. They are a running team, we are a passing team. Our line cant run block for crap.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Do you know what objective means?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 01:24 PM
It is amazing how impossible it is for some of you to be objective about the game of football and our broncos.

You're being objective?

Now that's funny.

You started a thread to rub noses, and you're complaining about objectivity. That's astoundingly retarded.

The MVPlaya
09-26-2010, 01:24 PM

Every game.

It's all about QB competition, Quinn dramatically improved as the PS went on and had a fantastic final pre-season game.

Quinn wasn't brought here to be the future of the franchise anyways, but to create competition at the QB position.

Gort
09-26-2010, 01:25 PM
You saw Orton last preseason right? Not saying Quinn will be as good as Orton, but given a year in this system, Quinn might become a valuable asset.

the most insightful comment i've yet seen here about Quinn is that McD probably views Quinn as future trade bait. McD believes he can correct Quinn's bad habits while also grooming Tebow. that'll give him 3 QBs with value in the near future. if Orton stays and Tebow becomes the future franchise QB, then Quinn is a poker chip to be used in a trade to help fix another hole on the roster. i don't know if that's what McD is thinking, but if he is, and if it works, it's a smart way to build trade value.

mr007
09-26-2010, 01:25 PM
the majority here liked Hillis and wanted him to stay and get a fair chance under McD. when it looked like McD wouldn't give him a fair chance, many simply hoped he'd have success elsewhere. that's the way it usually goes for a player that doesn't quite fit in here.

only a few loudmouths hated Hillis and wouldn't stop making up stories about him to justify their hate.

i liked Hillis and wish McD would have given him a chance. since he's not here, i hope he's successful in Cleveland.

but, it's water under the bridge at this point. no reason to re-fight the battle about Hillis. at this point, the Broncos have bigger problems to worry about than former players.

Don't see how anyone rational can argue with this. Good post.

txtebow
09-26-2010, 01:26 PM
You're being objective?

Now that's funny.

You started a thread to rub noses, and you're complaining about objectivity. That's astoundingly retarded.

I objectively evaluated Josh's and some on this board's ability to evaluate the ability of Peyton Hillis. They failed...miserbaly.

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 01:27 PM
You're being objective?

Now that's funny.

I'm not sure why you would have a problem with this poster trying to rub noses as he/she is right. Hillis is objectively more valuable to the Browns than Brady Quinn is to the Broncos and Hillis is objectively a better football player, warts and all, than Brady Quinn. This isn't in dispute....or perhaps you'd like to see Brady Quinn play some more to show us how worthless he is.

txtebow
09-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure why you would have a problem with this poster trying to rub noses as he/she is right. Hillis is objectively more valuable to the Browns than Brady Quinn is to the Broncos and Hillis is objectively a better football player, warts and all, than Brady Quinn. This isn't in dispute....or perhaps you'd like to see Brady Quinn play some more to show us how worthless he is.

God help us if Quinn is our starter

Popps
09-26-2010, 01:28 PM
http://www.foodmayhem.com/uploaded_images/Paradise-Pizza-747808.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 01:29 PM

I'm sorry, I thought this was a board for adults to talk football, not to get into childish pissing contests. Guess that's my bad.

Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities, SoCal. Back to your regularly scheduled "nah-nah-nah" thread. Enjoy yourself.

PS: Nixon is a crook.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 01:29 PM

You go to bat for former Broncos hell of a lot more than you do for current ones, I'll never get it.

bpc
09-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Popps response:

"We're wrong and looking very stupid, change subject, CHANGE SUBJECT! Post something totally off topic and they'll go away!"

2KBack
I objectively evaluated Josh's and some on this board's ability to evaluate the ability of Peyton Hillis. They failed...miserbaly.

I quick glance shows that you posted a ton after Jax and are now posting a ton complaining about Hillis. Where are the posts about the win this past week? Is this what you call objectivity?

SonOfLe-loLang
Are we gonna have to talk about this all week?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Are we gonna have to talk about this all week?

Of course not!

We're going to have to talk about it all season.

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 01:32 PM
I could literally not care less what Hillis's career ends up being like. He blew his chance to be a Bronco. Period.

Dagmar
Popps response:

"We're wrong and looking very stupid, change subject, CHANGE SUBJECT! Post something totally off topic and they'll go away!"

Does it tell you something that you are more active posting right now because former Broncos are doing well than you were when we won a game last week?

SoCalBronco
You go to bat for former Broncos hell of a lot more than you do for current ones, I'll never get it.

http://www.mybaseballcardspace.info/photos/1_dj%20williams%20photo%20denver%20broncos.jpg

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.foodmayhem.com/uploaded_images/Paradise-Pizza-747808.jpg

Popps...why bring Xanders into this, bro? ROFL!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Does it tell you something that you are more active posting right now because former Broncos are doing well than you were when we won a game last week?

That would require some level of self-awareness from bpc. Unpossible.

Absolute embarrassing.

Dedhed
I objectively evaluated Josh's and some on this board's ability to evaluate the ability of Peyton Hillis. They failed...miserbaly.Wow, with that ability you must be a GM for a professional sports team, right? Who are you working for in professional sports?

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.mybaseballcardspace.info/photos/1_dj%20williams%20photo%20denver%20broncos.jpg

Ok, fair enough. Ha! I can admit when I am wrong!

rugbythug
09-26-2010, 01:35 PM

This is not true and you know it is not true. Objectively.

3rd string RB has greater value than 2nd/third string QB?

If you really want to be objective you would not let short term data influence your decision. Is Hillis doing a lot more than what the Browns RB did at the end of last season?

If Orton Goes down and Quinn comes in for 295 and 3td then who is more valuable?

If Hardesty is Rushing for 150 and 2 is Hillis still more valuable.

QB's are more valuable than RB's.

bpc
09-26-2010, 01:36 PM

RRREAAAACH! ha ha. You might have missed me but I was in the chat room for the better part of the game last week. Isn't this the argument a few of you fan police members just tried to use on another poster? Lame. Get some new material. I have an infant son who was just born about 6 weeks ago, along with another who is almost three. My time to post on bulletin boards has been extremely limited, which is probably a good thing for all parties.

Popps
09-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Popps response:

Chris, what's wrong buddy? Shouldn't you be over at your Bears' board?

Not sure why you're here.

You can come back and bash us if we lose, O.K.? I know you will.

Of course, if we win... you'll be nowhere to be found like last week.

bpc
09-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Chris, what's wrong buddy? Shouldn't you be over at your Bears' board?

Not sure why you're here.

You can come back and bash us if we lose, O.K.? I know you will.

Of course, if we win... you'll be nowhere to be found like last week.

Oh, Popps questioned my fan-hood again. I'm so hurt. Whatever will I do? Maybe i'll post a picture of a pizza and try to get off topic. ha ha.

2KBack
09-26-2010, 01:38 PM
for anyone not just watching the box scores, Hillis went the wrong way on a pitch and the ball was fumbled back to the 2 yard line. Of course that fumble won't go on his stat sheet, but it's **** like that that put him in the dog house here.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 01:38 PM
RRREAAAACH! ha ha. You might have missed me but I was in the chat room for the better part of the game last week. Isn't this the argument a few of you fan police members just tried to use on another poster? Lame. Get some new material. I have an infant son who was just born about 6 weeks ago, along with another who is almost three. My time to post on bulletin boards has been extremely limited, which is probably a good thing for all parties.

Well I am glad you took time out from your important parenting duties to come on the Broncos board and pimp the Cleveland Browns.

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 01:39 PM
This is not true and you know it is not true. Objectively.

3rd string RB has greater value than 2nd/third string QB?

If you really want to be objective you would not let short term data influence your decision. Is Hillis doing a lot more than what the Browns RB did at the end of last season?

If Orton Goes down and Quinn comes in for 295 and 3td then who is more valuable?

If Hardesty is Rushing for 150 and 2 is Hillis still more valuable.

QB's are more valuable than RB's.

QB's that are completely and utterly worthless are not more valuable than RB's that are at least somewhat productive for their team.

It's not physically possible for Quinn to EVER go for 295 and 3 TD's at this point in his career. He is flat out garbage and that's an insult to garbage.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2010, 01:40 PM
QB's that are completely and utterly worthless are not more valuable than RB's that are at least somewhat productive for their team.

It's not physically possible for Quinn to EVER go for 295 and 3 TD's at this point in his career. He is flat out garbage and that's an insult to garbage.

O-VER-STATE-MENT (clap clap clap-clap-clap)
O-VER-STATE-MENT (clap clap clap-clap-clap)

bpc
09-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Well I am glad you took time out from your important parenting duties to come on the Broncos board and pimp the Cleveland Browns.

I've probably made 2-1 references about Peyton Hillis vs. the Browns, thank you very much! Ha ha.

Parenting is a lot like communicating with people on this board. You tell kids, just like fellow-posters when they're wrong or right, and they still don't really listen. Gotta keep their nose to the grindstone though and eventually they'll get it.

-QFT

fontaine
09-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Hillis cleary runs very hard on the field and the Browns got a decent player.

That being said, I could care less about what he does.

I'm far more concerned about our anemic running game that has looked off color for some time now.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 01:45 PM
I've probably made 2-1 references about Peyton Hillis vs. the Browns, thank you very much! Ha ha.

Parenting is a lot like communicating with people on this board. You tell kids, just like fellow-posters when they're wrong or right, and they still don't really listen. Gotta keep their nose to the grindstone though and eventually they'll get it.

-QFT

Did you just write quote for truth after your own post? You kid must look like Stewie from Family Guy if his ego is like yours Ha! Ha! Ha!

bpc
09-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Too early to say if he is a diabolical genius yet. Will keep you posted. Kid could be a hell of a football player though. His size for his age is off the charts. He has some good genes on his side.

He makes his poppa proud all the time.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Congrats on the new kid anyways.

http://forum.football365.com/images/smiley_icons/5.gif

Beantown Bronco
09-26-2010, 01:52 PM

As bad as Quinn was for us this preseason, which is meaningless, Hillis was actually worse for us last regular season, which was far from meaningless.

bpc
09-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Congrats on the new kid anyways.

http://forum.football365.com/images/smiley_icons/5.gif

Thank you. I've been extremely blessed.

Would love a broncos victory today as the cherry on top of an excellent Sunday.

Popps
09-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Did you just write quote for truth after your own post? !

Hilarious!

Wow, and I thought the ultimate in douchebaggery was writing "/thread" on you own post. He took d-bag to a new level.

No surprise, of course. He's just your typical resident Broncos hater, here.

Popps
09-26-2010, 01:54 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

bpc
09-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Hilarious!

Wow, and I thought the ultimate in douchebaggery was writing "/thread" on you own post. He took d-bag to a new level.

No surprise, of course. He's just your typical resident Broncos hater, here.

Hater's gon hate. ha ha.

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Thank you. I've been extremely blessed.

This board has actually convinced me it's not possible, I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

Zoobie
09-26-2010, 01:57 PM
yea that's the truth

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Peyton Hillis- Single handedly carrying his team to an 0-3 record.

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 01:58 PM
This board has actually convinced me it's not possible, I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

It will be difficult but with a couple nice bounces and some inspired play, we have a shot. We'll see. Go Broncos.

bpc
09-26-2010, 02:00 PM

Ha ha, where's Knowshon carrying us in street clothes? ???

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 02:01 PM

Come on Chris, he got injured in practice on Friday and gained 120 yards last week in our win. He is missing his 1st regular season game.

bpc
09-26-2010, 02:02 PM
It will be difficult but with a couple nice bounces and some inspired play, we have a shot. We'll see. Go Broncos.

We're at home. That's a bonus. I'm not sure who will be carrying the ball for us but we need to have some semblance of a ground attack if we're going to prevail. Hopefully Maroney from U of M can come back and find that talent he came into the league with. He's a hard-charging runner when healthy.

bpc
09-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Come on Chris, he got injured in practice on Friday and gained 120 yards last week in our win. He is missing his 1st regular season game.

I drafted him AND Peyton Hillis on my fantasy team. I'm rooting for him to do well. I just think he's injury prone. Whether that's in practice or during the games, the issues remain.

sixtimeseight
09-26-2010, 02:08 PM

Stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291122008

Mr.Meanie
09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
I honestly think of all the players McD has traded, Hillis will end up being the best one.

I guess you score huge on some (the Cutler trade) and lose big on others.

mr007
09-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Popps response:

This is the funny thing about some of the people here..... anytime someone disagrees with something the team does, they're automatically dubbed an outcast or not a fan.

When the things people are pissed about the team doing turn out to be validated, they say stupid **** like this instead of actually acknowledging they may have been wrong

txtebow
09-26-2010, 03:04 PM

so 0-3 is peyton's fault. I see.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Dagmar, what kinds of IPA do they carry in your area?

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM

http://forum.football365.com/images/smiley_icons/1.gif

Taco John
09-26-2010, 03:46 PM
:wave:

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 03:50 PM
:wave:

Wasn't there a hamstring clause?

Are you sure?

;)

Steve Prefontaine
09-26-2010, 04:07 PM
props to hillis. he's had a good season and a hell of a game today against a tough BMore d. i wish he was still on the team running over the colts today, but it didn't work out in denver. oh well.

popps...you are one childish, defensive poster at times.

scorpio
09-26-2010, 04:26 PM

O'Dell and New Belgium both have a decent IPA, but the best is from Stone out of San Diego.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:24 PM

Please come back to earth.

Hillis was 2nd on the FB depth chart and was working his way into the 1st position when the RB injury debacle happened.

McDaniels has Orton 12th on the WR depth chart. See how that works?

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 05:25 PM

Well, at least to one victory so far. It's easy to put up meaningless stats when the game plan of the opposing team is designed to stop everything else.

Lets see how many yards vs fumbles we see from Hillis before we crown Hillis the greatest back ever.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Peyton Hillis > Knowshon Moreno

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 05:31 PM

I'll take that bet.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM

Cutler-->Orton
Hillis-->Moreno
Sheffler-->Quinn
Marshall-->Gaffney, Lloyd (Holding out hope for DT to emerge)

Less talented team across the board offensively, and the two best players on the D are still Shanahan players.

McDaniels is 3-10 since last season's bye week. Things could start to get ugly really quickly for this team and regime unless they manage to put together a run somehow

Taco John
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I'll take that bet.

I already have three takers. That's the limit. It'd accept more, but we play KC twice this year again, and that seems to be the only team Knowshon can consistently score TDs against. Don't want to get in over my head if he has a couple of great games against them.

Kaylore
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm still glad we traded him. I know they're basically keeping things simple for him. I would rather have our group being smart, and not brain dead like Hillis is. He is playing well right now, but he sucks when the ball isn't in his hands.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm still glad we traded him. I know they're basically keeping things simple for him. I would rather have our group being smart, and not brain dead like Hillis is. He is playing well right now, but he sucks when the ball isn't in his hands.

Cheap rationalizations aside, I'd rather have a runningback who can play football.

lostknight
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Look, bottom line is that McDaniels clearly decided never to use Hillis. It's on McDaniels. He thought Quinn was worth Hillis and a trade pick. It's done.

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Cutler-->Orton
Hillis-->Moreno
Sheffler-->Quinn
Marshall-->Gaffney, Lloyd (Holding out hope for DT to emerge)

Because you say so?

Taco John
09-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Look, bottom line is that McDaniels clearly decided never to use Hillis. It's on McDaniels. He thought Quinn was worth Hillis and a trade pick. It's done.

Hillis would be easy enough to forget if Moreno wasn't such a bust. We are in no man's land right now as far as the RB position is concerned.

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Bottom line is that Hillis flat out crapped his pants when he was given a chance in McDaniels' offense.

It's on Hillis. If he becomes an all-pro in Cleveland, fine. He blew his chance to be a Bronoco, not McDaniels.

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 05:45 PM
if Moreno wasn't such a bust.

Are there really people dumb enough to call Moreno a bust right now?

Taco John
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Are there really people dumb enough to call Moreno a bust right now?

A #12 overall who hasn't had a single 100 yard rushing game, and is in street clothes for conference grudge matches... I'm not sure how anybody couldn't be disappointed at this point.

Kaylore
09-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Cheap rationalizations aside, I'd rather have a runningback who can play football.

It's a long season. Enjoy this now while you can.

bpc
09-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Hillis would be easy enough to forget if Moreno wasn't such a bust. We are in no man's land right now as far as the RB position is concerned.

Ha ha! Sorry, that post f'n made laugh out loud. Too true!

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 05:51 PM

Two dancing first round picks = solid running game

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 05:56 PM

I'd rather have one that can play the kind of football the coach wants to play.

This isn't an offense that simply tells a RB "run right, run left". Hillis could not handle what was asked of him in this offense. It was clear to anyone who watched, and it was obviously clear to McDaniels and the FO.

The fact that OMers had attached their heartstrings to the great white hope doesn't mean anything to counter the fact that Hillis was fairly useless IN THIS OFFENSE.

If you want Hillis back, you're basically saying that you would prefer the Browns' offense to our current offense. If that's a trade you're willing to make, then you're just blinded by something.

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM
If you want Hillis back, you're basically saying that you would prefer the Browns' offense to our current offense. If that's a trade you're willing to make, then you're just blinded by something.

Ha!

They put up 17 against the Ravens today.

Denver struggled to put up 13 on the Colts!

Cito Pelon
09-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Hillis had one helluva game.

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 06:03 PM
A #12 overall who hasn't had a single 100 yard rushing game, and is in street clothes for conference grudge matches... I'm not sure how anybody couldn't be disappointed at this point.

So, yes, there are people dumb enough to call him a bust already?

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 06:04 PM
ha!

They put up 17 against the ravens today.

Denver struggled to put up 13 on the colts!

and?

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Ha!

They put up 17 against the Ravens today.

Denver struggled to put up 13 on the Colts!

So you're saying you would trade the 2010 Broncos' offense for the 2010 Brown's offense?

Really?

extralife
This isn't an offense that simply tells a RB "run right, run left".

Actually, that's <i>exactly</i> what it is.

All told, I'd rather run the ball in a way that utilizes player's abilities rather than ship them off in favor of no talent clowns like Laurence Maroney and Lance Ball. But hey, we got some heady guys. If teams let us take them on in a math bowl, we'd win every week!

colonelbeef
Bottom line is that Hillis flat out crapped his pants when he was given a chance in McDaniels' offense.

It's on Hillis. If he becomes an all-pro in Cleveland, fine. He blew his chance to be a Bronoco, not McDaniels.

And since then, the Broncos rushing attack has flourished as players that McDaniels has brought in have performed well.

Or the exact opposite has happened, because the schemes are garbage, and throwing every down from a shotgun formation is a sure way to lose both TOP and football games.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
I'd rather have one that can play the kind of football the coach wants to play.

Well, I hope we get one of those.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 06:09 PM
It's a long season. Enjoy this now while you can.

There's nothing enjoyable about watching our offense put up a grand total of 3 yards rushing in the second half of football.

KevinJames
09-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Hillis is obviously worth a hell of a lot more than Brady Quinn.

McDaniels lost with this trade, but no need to keep broadcasting it, he obviously was about to cut from the Broncos anyway.

go_broncos
09-26-2010, 06:11 PM
We could have used Hillis.
I am upset that we are still unable to run the ball since Mcd became the coach.

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 06:11 PM
throwing every down from a shotgun formation is a sure way to lose both TOP and football games.

Yeah, the Pats had no success doing that over the last decade:oyvey:

Dedhed
09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Well, I hope we get one of those.

We have one, and once we get any sort of continuity on the OL we'll be able to judge him.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
There's nothing enjoyable about watching our offense put up a grand total of 3 yards rushing in the second half of football.

Correction. It appears I missed a drive. We actually put up 12 yards rushing in the second half.

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
So you're saying you would trade the 2010 Broncos' offense for the 2010 Brown's offense?

Really?

Today? Yes.

That game in two weeks is going to be UGLY with no running game.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah, the Pats had no success doing that over the last decade:oyvey:

Sine the Pats have become 100% pass first, they have won exactly zero championships, and the 18-0 Brady/McDaniels shotgun team got punched right in the face by the NY Giants, and haven't recovered since.

Those super bowls from the early half of the decade came on the backs of their tenacious, turnover happy defense, with a knack for coming up with the big play at the exact right time, and the best ST in the league.

driver
09-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I'll take that bet.

Not only is Hillis as good or better than slomo, but Ryan Torain had 5 carries for 50 with the skins today.
You lose.

worm
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
The Browns must have a dumbed down offense for Peyton to be grasping it so well.

extralife
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Sine the Pats have become 100% pass first, they have won exactly zero championships, and the 18-0 Brady/McDaniels shotgun team got punched right in the face by the NY Giants, and haven't recovered since.

Those super bowls from the early half of the decade came on the backs of their tenacious, turnover happy defense, with a knack for coming up with the big play at the exact right time, and the best ST in the league.

Don't forget Corey Dillon running for 1600 yards in one of those years

Taco John
09-26-2010, 06:41 PM
The Browns must have a dumbed down offense for Peyton to be grasping it so well.

They actually run a very similar style offense to what we run.

NYBronco
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM

Hillis was partially responsible for a fumble that resulted in a 17 yard loss late in the third quarter for the Browns. Not sure if the error was on Hillis or Wallace. The pitch from Wallace went one way and Hillis the other. The end result was a change in momentum and the Browns never recovered.

mhgaffney
09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree with the post at the top of the thread. We saw Hillis perform really well BEFORE Shanny left town. The guy is a one man wrecking crew. He doesn't even seem to need blockers.

Today in the Colts game I watched Denver's anemic running game and almost wept. We could have used Hillis as our run blocking is non existent. I saw on one play as our offensive linemen rolled out to block for Maroney.

Only problem -- no one blocked anybody. Guys were going through the motions.

And on Maroney's failed TD run -- he was alone. Maroney had three Colts on his back-- had no chance to score. Why? Again -- no blocking.

This is on McDaniels. Has our coach ever shown that he can field a team that can run the foot ball? Not in NE. And not here, so far.

Who cares if Hillis' IQ is sub par? This is not rocket science. The game is called football.

I also watched Orton feeling pressure when there was none -- throwing the ball away at least 3 or 4 times when, if he'd taken a second look, he might have found a receiver. It was exasperating to watch. Can you coach this out of a QB?

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Didn't Hillis bust down the Cheaps in KC during garbage time last year in the super sophisticated NE offense when everyone knew he was getting the ball?

Yep, I believe he did.

Gort
09-26-2010, 07:18 PM
The fact that OMers had attached their heartstrings to the great white hope doesn't mean anything to counter the fact that Hillis was fairly useless IN THIS OFFENSE.

so it's a race thing with you, huh?

Taco John
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM

Hillis just racked up 144 yards and a touchdown IN THIS OFFENSE. The Browns run the same basic offense as we do.

DenverBrit
09-26-2010, 07:32 PM
He's gone, not coming back, get over it.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2010, 07:34 PM

We didnt have a game. We didnt score on 4th and goal. Our average per yard a/crry was pathetic. We arent old ladies we just know that Hillis could at least give us short yard carries like he did when he scored his first TD. YOU were in the Hillis camp but once Josh traded him away, you stuck with Josh. It is ok to disagree with his moves once in a while. I do.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 07:37 PM
He's gone, not coming back, get over it.

It's hard to when he could clearly help this team. We rushed for 12 yards in the second half of today's game. That's absurd.

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
It's hard to when he could clearly help this team. We rushed for 12 yards in the second half of today's game. That's absurd.

is that right? 12 yards??

wow. :thumbsdow

Popps
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
We didnt have a game. We didnt score on 4th and goal. We averaged per yard a carry was pathetic. We arent old ladies we just know that Hillis could at least give us short yard carries like he did when he scored his first TD. YOU were in the Hillis camp but once Josh traded him away, you stuck with Josh. It is ok to disagree with his moves once in a while. I do.

Again, we can keep rehashing this....

I'm not sure why Hillis couldn't make it work with the new offense. He repeatedly made mistakes, and judging by the coach's view of him... he wasn't practicing well.

Shanahan buried him on the depth chart, as well.

Cleveland buried him behind someone.

Hillis has played well in reserve duty when injuries occur.

There must be some reason NO coach makes him a starter by choice.

I certainly wish he could have worked out here. He didn't, and honestly... I'm confident he wouldn't make a difference when we can't block anyone.

DenverBrit
09-26-2010, 07:51 PM

I hate the state of our running game and hope it improves as the O line gels and the RBs get healthy.

But Hillis hasn't done anything to deserve the adoration he gets from some here.

He couldn't get a yard, when it was needed, behind the O line last year, why does anyone think he would have helped today?
3 failed attempts at the 1 yard line is down to the O line, not just the RB.
Playcalling also didn't help, nor did the injury and absence of the only FB......Larsen.

oubronco
09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I hate the state of our running game and hope it improves as the O line gels and the RBs get healthy.

But Hillis hasn't done anything to deserve the adoration he gets from some here.

He couldn't get a yard, when it was needed, behind the O line last year, why does anyone think he would have helped today?
3 failed attempts at the 1 yard line is down to the O line, not just the RB.
Playcalling also didn't help, nor did the injury and absence of the only FB......Larsen.

Running sideways didn't help

DenverBrit
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM

I agree, but without an experienced lead blocker, I guess McD thought 'stretching' would help.

But with one yard to go and 4 attempts, a lot of players aren't executing.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Great! Smart guys that dont get us any yards. I am not going to put Moreno in the pasture, but a dumb Hillis has proven to us enough that he can at least get the tough 2 yard carry to give us a score or first down. If keeping it simple for Hillis to stay as a backup and get us these points and FD when needed, I am sure we could have found him the spot.
On another topic, why arent we putting in Tebow on these goal line stances? He offers so much with confusion for the defense as they spread out. Our running back isnt doing the job so let your back up QB/RB do his thing.

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Shanahan buried him on the depth chart, as well.

He was a 7th round pick!

broncocalijohn
09-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Popps, who cares where he was on the depth chart from practice. Once he was on the field, he proved he can play. His shortcomings is holding onto the ball. His toughness for fighting for every yard when he should be stopped for a loss has been seen by everyone. You know this and have mentioned it before. Your problem is you will jump to the other side whatever side McDaniels is one. He has either failed on not keeping him and/or using him last year enough or has a sub par RB currently on this roster. If Moreno is out, we arent doing much it seems.

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2010, 08:02 PM

Exactly.

Why play into the Colts' strength of SPEED?

Archer81
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
He ran for 140? Wow.

Browns win?

:Broncos:

broncosteven
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM

The next time Knowgain has a game like Hillis had today will be Knowgains 1st.

Taco John
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure why Hillis couldn't make it work with the new offense.

I am. It's because Josh drafted Knowshon in the first round and couldn't have Shanahan's 7th rounder showing up his first pick overall as a head coach. Cleveland runs the same system as we do here and he's thriving in it.

extralife
09-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Demaryius Thomas and Tim Tebow are "buried behind" people on our depth chart. I guess they will never be anything in this league. If they consistently play well when given the opportunity, it won't matter. After all, our coaches did not trust them enough to hand them starting jobs as rookies!

Gutless Drunk
09-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Well he has out-gained the Broncos team:

ATT Yards Avg. TD
Peyton Hillis 39 220 5.6 3
Denver Broncos 81 201 2.5 3

broncosteven
09-26-2010, 08:16 PM

This is Football, not rocket science.

I would be happy if our coaches were playing to the strengths of our players rather than outwitt themselves by going for it on 4th down over and over with the same poorly designed run plays.

We might be a big physical power running team in 2011 but until then be a little more exotic in the run game.

barryr
09-26-2010, 08:16 PM
We are still talking about this idiot Hillis? Geez.

go_broncos
09-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Marshall is beast

Taco John
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Watch the highlight reel above at 1:00 and check those few runs. It's runs like those that separate him from bruiser-types people want to compare him to. This isn't Mike Alstott, folks. Hillis has legitimate starting RB vision and moves. He's big, so he's not going to look like Barry Sanders when he runs, but this isn't a plodding back. He's got excellent body-control and awareness. He uses his blockers (even if he has to knock them over) and doesn't force things when they're not there.

Again, I think it's all just great that he can catch, block, kick, cook, paint and any other skills he may have. But, I want to see this guy lining up for at least 1/3rd of our carries. After watching him last year, there is absolutely no acceptable excuse for not giving this guy 10-15 carries a game, or more.

If Moreno is what I think he is... he and Hillis could be a brutally effective combo, much like Johnson/White in Tenn. Pepper in Buckhalter on third downs and for change of pace, and we'll run the ball down team's throats.

I'll never understand the way you can rally for things like this, and then turn about face on the snap of the finger. Just like how you railed that we need to improve at d-line, and have remained silent as we've made the secondary our priority and our d-line an afterthought.

rugbythug
09-26-2010, 08:32 PM
I am. It's because Josh drafted Knowshon in the first round and couldn't have Shanahan's 7th rounder showing up his first pick overall as a head coach. Cleveland runs the same system as we do here and he's thriving in it.

Even you know this is crap. Every player who has bought in and played hard and smart has been totally accepted by the broncos. Players who don't buy in don't get it get gone. No matter who brings them in. The evidence is overwhelming.

go_broncos
09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Marshall is awesome

broncosteven
09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Hillis was partially responsible for a fumble that resulted in a 17 yard loss late in the third quarter for the Browns. Not sure if the error was on Hillis or Wallace. The pitch from Wallace went one way and Hillis the other. The end result was a change in momentum and the Browns never recovered.

The fact that the Browns were reduced to starting Wallace also factored into the loss. I flipped around in Directv and watched the Browns/Ravens and 49ers/KFC games and Wallace has career back written all over him. Hillis kept them in that game.

bronco militia
09-26-2010, 08:42 PM
I told you Hillis was awesome......too bad coach Mcdumbass can't adapt an offense to his personel.

500+ yards=13 points....I'm proud of this team despite their head coach.

lostknight
09-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Even you know this is crap. Every player who has bought in and played hard and smart has been totally accepted by the broncos. Players who don't buy in don't get it get gone. No matter who brings them in. The evidence is overwhelming.

Right. Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis.

Overwhelming.

It's not like a single one of these players is not a huge weapon for whatever team they are on now.

Josh fired them to put his own offensive system in. A offensive system that has systematically fail to be better then what he replaced.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2010, 08:43 PM
We are still talking about this idiot Hillis? Geez.

That so called idiot is outrushing our entire team in a much limited role. Of course the word limited will be gone starting this Sunday.

Archer81
09-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Right. Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis.

Overwhelming.

It's not like a single one of these players is not a huge weapon for whatever team they are on now.

Josh fired them to put his own offensive system in. A offensive system that has systematically fail to be better then what he replaced.

Scheffler and Hillis are not starters. Thats not a change from here. Cutler has managed to force out an OC and short of winning the NFC North will force out his HC as well. Marshall is Marshall. Shocking he would have a big game on national TV...where was he last week?

broncocalijohn
09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
I'll never understand the way you can rally for things like this, and then turn about face on the snap of the finger. Just like how you railed that we need to improve at d-line, and have remained silent as we've made the secondary our priority and our d-line an afterthought.

HOw? He is an over the top McDaniels butt kisser. He makes me look like Switzerland instead of a McD believer. He is like a spokeswhore for a politicians. Just say the lines and believe it because others are listening to the words you spew. McD will be good but he has his faults. To Popps, he is GOD!

colonelbeef
09-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Demaryius Thomas and Tim Tebow are "buried behind" people on our depth chart. I guess they will never be anything in this league. If they consistently play well when given the opportunity, it won't matter. After all, our coaches did not trust them enough to hand them starting jobs as rookies!

lol. +1

SoCalBronco
09-26-2010, 08:58 PM
For the record, I was proud of Hillis, today.

Without his contributions, its highly unlikely the Browns would have covered.

:)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
People don't get it. Trading for a back-up QB makes about as much scene as trading for a back-up punter!

strafen
09-26-2010, 10:52 PM

Continue on.
Hillis was garbage, huh?
Keep on believing that Mcdaniels made the right choice, moron!

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey! The Broncos lost, look who makes an appearance.

strafen
09-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Hillis had his chances here last year and he quite literally fumbled them away.That's absolutely horse****!
Don't repeat what others are saying.
To me, given a chance is to have had him in at least 3 games in a starting role. Not in a play here and there.
Hech, the guy had more carries today than he ever had last season under McDaniels!

strafen
09-26-2010, 10:57 PM

I missed you last week at the Sports Column. You were gone by the time I've got there.
So close, yet so far... ;)

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
I missed you last week at the Sports Column. You were gone by the time I've got there.
So close, yet so far... ;)

Were you there? Seriously? I would have absolutely bought you a beer dude!

strafen
09-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Hillis just racked up 144 yards and a touchdown IN THIS OFFENSE. The Browns run the same basic offense as we do.And against one of the top defenses in the league. Yet, our 1st round pick running back couldn't even break 100-yard a game against Cleveland last year, or anybody so far for that matter...

strafen
09-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Were you there? Seriously? I would have absolutely bought you a beer dude!

I've must've just missed you.
My offer still stands. I'm the one buying YOU a beer. :strong:

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 11:02 PM
I've must've just missed you.
My offer still stands. I'm the one buying YOU a beer. :strong:

Well, I'll be there before the Jets game. How weird is it there is a Packers bar next door? Did you see the Packers Vespa?

Rock Chalk
09-27-2010, 04:01 AM
I could literally not care less what Hillis's career ends up being like. He blew his chance to be a Bronco. Period.

This.

I do not understand why people are confused. He blew his own chance here in Denver. He continued to make mental mistakes on the field last year and did not show any signs of being able to pick up the offense.

So he goes to Cleveland where they run a simplified Tecmo Bowl version of an NFL offense with like 4 running plays that can all fit in his pea sized little brain. And he does well. Good for him. A lot of good it did the Browns as they still lost.

Could we have used him against the Colts or Jags or Seachickens? Maybe, but then again maybe he just fumbles or misses a block that gets our QB killed. Who cares, he isn't a Bronco anymore so quit obsessing.

ColoradoDarin
09-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Good for Hillis, the browns still lost. Oh and he pretty much cost them a game already this year, at lease Brady Quinn hasn't blown a game for us.....

Dedhed
09-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Not only is Hillis as good or better than slomo, but Ryan Torain had 5 carries for 50 with the skins today.
You lose.

What, exactly does that have to do with this discussion?

My entire point is that this OL is not run blocking. What Ryan Torrain or Peyton Hillis do elsewhere doesn't change that point AT ALL.

Dedhed
09-27-2010, 06:45 AM
This is Football, not rocket science.

Which is why I can't see why people can't understand the idea that NO ONE would be picking up yards running behind this line right now. Not Moreno, not Hillis, not TD himself gains yards when they're aren't any holes to run through.

That's how simple this conversation is, but the Shanny lovers want to turn this into another "Down with McDaniels" chant.

Tom A Hawk
09-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Hillis had me more concerned when the Chiefs played against him in Denver and in the Cleveland game this year. LIke tackling a fire plug.

Of course McD knows what he is doing
1) trade Cutler
2) trade Marhsall
3) trade Hillis
4) trade Scheffler

You can argure the Culter one but, the others didn't make sense to me. Of course I am not HC so what do I know.

colonelbeef
09-27-2010, 06:59 AM

the Broncos always lose now, according to you and Poops we are just looking for moral victories while getting beat up at home.

Hooray, I am so proud of my 3-10 neutered rushing attack team

oubronco
09-27-2010, 07:05 AM
He ran for 140? Wow.

Browns win?

Just curious Does he play defense?

Dedhed
09-27-2010, 07:09 AM
hillis just racked up 144 yards and a touchdown in this offense. The browns run the same basic offense as we do.

fail

Dedhed
09-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Of course I am not HC so what do I know.

Exactly!

tsiguy96
09-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Hillis had me more concerned when the Chiefs played against him in Denver and in the Cleveland game this year. LIke tackling a fire plug.

Of course McD knows what he is doing
1) trade Cutler
2) trade Marhsall
3) trade Hillis
4) trade Scheffler

You can argure the Culter one but, the others didn't make sense to me. Of course I am not HC so what do I know.

if you saw chris simms last year, youd understand why they traded hillis. they needed a real NFL backup. (i think if they knew they were gonna draft tebow they wouldnt have done it).

and if youve watched any bronco games this year youd know why we dont miss marshall. he is still a special talent that is fun to watch, but when we see demaryius thomas and the rest of this receiving core...

broncswin
09-27-2010, 08:18 AM
when they traded for quinn, I don't think McD was just trading for a backup...he thought that quinn might compete for the 1, but he would have two capable qb's on the roster.

Good for Hillis, I always like the guy, but things just didn't work out here.

Trading Scheffler is not a big deal, the guy was not a huge part of this team

Marshall has been replaced by a trio of team players who have more than taking up the slack!!

Culter...I could care less about his guy, don't miss him at all

Arkie
09-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Hillis has a career average of 5.1. It really didn’t make sense for Josh to give him only 13 carries last year and 7 of those came in one game.

ColoradoDarin
09-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Hillis has a career average of 5.1. It really didnít make sense for Josh to give him only 13 carries last year and 7 of those came in one game.

What's his career fumbles per touch? Misses blocks per pass attempt?

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Hillis has a career average of 5.1. It really didnít make sense for Josh to give him only 13 carries last year and 7 of those came in one game.

That early Oakland game pretty much sealed the deal for him I think. He had his number called three times in goal line situations and failed miserable. He got stuffed on two carries and dropped a potential TD pass.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 10:33 AM
That early Oakland game pretty much sealed the deal for him I think. He had his number called three times in goal line situations and failed miserable. He got stuffed on two carries and dropped a potential TD pass.

Same could be said of Dancing with the stars (insert your Broncos RB here)

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 10:34 AM

Are you saying that he lost his chance due to one game?
Mcd's players failed in many games(R.quinn, Moreno, A.smith, Ayers, Orton)
Why is he giving chance to them?

Dedhed
09-27-2010, 10:42 AM

I would bet McDaniels saw Hillis in practice and meetings also, but I could be wrong.

Gutless Drunk
09-27-2010, 10:43 AM
What's his career fumbles per touch? Misses blocks per pass attempt?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11461

In regular season play he has 2 fumbles 1 lost in his career. I don't know how this Hills fumble meme got started but it is demonstrably false

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 10:48 AM

NO. I'm saying his f ups in that game were potentially the final straw....after a series of f ups in other games and practices.

ColoradoDarin
09-27-2010, 10:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11461

In regular season play he has 2 fumbles 1 lost in his career. I don't know how this Hills fumble meme got started but it is demonstrably false

E!spn is wrong, one of the plays that put Hillis in McD's doghouse was a fumble on a kick return in 2009.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 10:53 AM
39 carries...220 yards..5.6 ypc..3tds

Hillis has more rushing yards than our entire team.........Pathetic<!-- / message -->

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 10:58 AM
NO. I'm saying his f ups in that game were potentially the final straw....after a series of f ups in other games and practices.

Then what about our current RB's?
Why are you giving so many chances to them?
Are they doing good job?

epicSocialism4tw
09-27-2010, 10:59 AM

Hillis has more rushing yards than our entire team.........Pathetic<!-- / message -->

We sure could use Hillis right now.

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 11:00 AM
E!spn is wrong, one of the plays that put Hillis in McD's doghouse was a fumble on a kick return in 2009.

Fumble on a kick return.
Hillis is not suited for that role.
The role of hillis should be to rush in short yardage situations and not return kicks.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 11:01 AM
We sure could use Hillis right now.

I'm not saying that but we could use something

epicSocialism4tw
09-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not saying that but we could use something

Hillis and Scheffler would have immediate roles here.

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 11:04 AM
If we are unable to run the ball in RZ, atleast try something different on 1st and 10/1st and Goal(Tebow, passing the ball to TE's, play action)

ColoradoDarin
09-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Fumble on a kick return.
Hillis is not suited for that role.
The role of hillis should be to rush in short yardage situations and not return kicks.

and what about misses blocks per pass attempt?

go_broncos
09-27-2010, 11:06 AM

I am disappointed that people still support Mcdummy.
I am ok with trading Hillis if we have someone that can replace.
Unfortunately, we don't have it.
We definitely could have won the game if we had Hillis.

LongDongJohnson
09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
based on what ive seen the last 2 games, i highly doubt hillis would make any difference in our running game right now. Unless you expect him to be able to break 11 tackles every run.

vancejohnson82
09-27-2010, 11:12 AM
if we expanded our roster to 140 players we would never have to let go of anyone....

jesus christ, we can't keep every single player on the roster, every single year

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
We definitely could have won the game if we had Hillis.

You can't possibly say this when we had him and put him in the Oakland game in the exact same situation last year and he failed.....multiple times. He only did well last year in garbage time against KC when he had absolutely zero pressure and our OLine was just teeing off against a tired defense that was playing with zero fire and effort. When the pressure was on and we needed him to get that one yard, he failed. Period.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
You can't possibly say this when we had him and put him in the Oakland game in the exact same situation last year and he failed.....multiple times. He only did well last year in garbage time against KC when he had absolutely zero pressure and our OLine was just teeing off against a tired defense that was playing with zero fire and effort. When the pressure was on and we needed him to get that one yard, he failed. Period.

As has every RB we have put in since

Shoemaker
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM

You can't seriously believe this, can you? Its completely absurd.

Say what you will about McDaniels' personnel moves or his playcalling, because the book is still out on his ability with those, but absolutely nothing the coach has said or done since he got here indicates that he would play one of "his players" over one of "Shanahan's guys" even if the guy he drafted was performing worse in practice.

McDaniels' whole philosophy is competition at every position, and the best player plays. He cut Jarvis Green and LeKevin Smith, who were "his guys" from New England, in favor of Marcus Thomas, a Shanny guy-and that was a highly ridiculed move, so he didn't care about saving face. I just don't understand how you could come to the conclusion that McDaniels would have played Knowshon over Hillis if Hillis was actually the best back in practice-it goes against everything McDaniels has said and done since he's gotten here.

And to be honest, I don't understand what Hillis showed anybody last year that made them think he would be the savior of this offense. As Beantown stated, he had three chances at the Oakland 1 in the third game last year-the same number Maroney got yesterday. He failed at all three. I just didn't see anything from Hillis last year that made me think "hey, this guy should be getting carries," and I'm not sure where you're all getting it from.

Listen, I like Hillis. I love what he did for us in 2008, and I hope he has a great career with the Browns. But he wasn't getting it done here at all last year, and I don't what anybody saw in him last year that made them want to keep him. I'm pretty sure having a better backup QB than Chris Simms is more important to this team than a fourth-string running back or second string fullback.

Spider
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Hillis is bad ass , 5 times in the 20 , 0 touch downs , Power football ..... Hillis gave is that

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 11:30 AM

From just one week ago....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81aa8424/Buckhalter-1-yard-TD-run

Arkie
09-27-2010, 11:32 AM

That was an anomaly for Hillis. It's never happened before or since. The KC game was the only other game he got more than one carry.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 11:33 AM
From just one week ago....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81aa8424/Buckhalter-1-yard-TD-run

One game mighty impressive

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 11:34 AM
That was an anomaly for Hillis. It's never happened before or since.

Except every day in practice.

zdoor
09-27-2010, 11:36 AM
If Hillis was in, we put it in from the 1.

Just sayin....

DenverBrit
09-27-2010, 12:05 PM

It's the O line....it's injured, has 2 rookies and looks different every game.

When the O line is stable and gels the 'attitude' that comes from run blocking should follow.

oubronco
09-27-2010, 12:21 PM

When the O line is stable and gels the 'attitude' that comes from run blocking should follow.

We hope so but we find ourselves saying this again after watching it last year

broncswin
09-27-2010, 12:28 PM

colts game was not on the line...it was on the rb's...the holes were there...if knowshon is in during this game, the run game would have looked pretty good. Maroney is a dancer, knowshon really hasn't seen many holes this year. this game he would have

gtown
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
colts game was not on the line...it was on the rb's...the holes were there...if knowshon is in during this game, the run game would have looked pretty good. Maroney is a dancer, knowshon really hasn't seen many holes this year. this game he would have

Too bad we don't have Travis Henry anymore. That guy could hit a hole! Amiright.

BTW, I am inclined to agree with you. Knowshon, Maroney, Buck - all look indecisive and weak. I miss the days of having a running back fall forward for an extra yard, not bent back. The holes are there, they are just not hitting them with authority. They look like they are trying to hit a home run on every handoff.

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Knowshon, Maroney, Buck - all look indecisive and weak. I miss the days of having a running back fall forward for an extra yard, not bent back.

I literally can't think of a single Moreno run where he didn't fall forward...and I specifically look for this during his runs. Honestly.

DenverBrit
09-27-2010, 01:07 PM

I'll have to see the game on TV.

Live at in the red zone.....where my seats are, it didn't look like holes were there at all.

The 4 attempts from the one, were at the other end of the stadium, the replays didn't show any push or openings that we saw.

The most glaring RB error I noticed was Maroney cutting it back between the tackles instead of heading to daylight on the edge.

gtown
09-27-2010, 01:10 PM
I literally can't think of a single Moreno run where he didn't fall forward...and I specifically look for this during his runs. Honestly.

Are you serious? I notice his pad level comes up when he is contacted and is consistently pushed back or sideways. I don't think I have once seen him submarine for an extra yard.

Beantown Bronco
09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Are you serious? I notice his pad level comes up when he is contacted and is consistently pushed back or sideways. I don't think I have once seen him submarine for an extra yard.

there. you have now.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/92owAaBGf_A?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/92owAaBGf_A?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

2KBack
09-27-2010, 01:22 PM

I'm sorry, but this just isn't true. It screams of not actually having watched the game, or simply creating imaginary habits out of thin air. Just watch last weeks highlights again, one game, and one where we didn't have great running stats, and look how he fights for an extra yard or two every time.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93952

gtown
09-27-2010, 01:25 PM
there. you have now.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/92owAaBGf_A?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/92owAaBGf_A?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Thanks for the highlight reel. But I still don't see him hitting the hole and falling forward consistently. Call it cognitive dissonance, but I see Moreno as a jack of all trades - pretty good at running, pass catching, and pass protection, but not great at anything. I think he lacks the size and pad level to push piles at the POA and he also lacks the speed to really pull away from defenders once he reaches the second level.

Br0nc0Buster
09-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Moreno isnt prefect, but criticizing him for a lack of power or not finishing runs doesnt make sense
IMO that is one of his strengths
he always fights for the tough yardage and really the only time I see him not fall forward is when he is being gang tackled

Yesterday really highlighted how shortsighted it is to blame Moreno for our struggling run game

Cito Pelon
09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Hillis kicked some ass yesterday. I don't know if he'll be able to keep it up, or how he would do with a different team, but he sure kicked some ass yesterday.

Spider
09-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Hillis kicked some ass yesterday. I don't know if he'll be able to keep it up, or how he would do with a different team, but he sure kicked some ass yesterday.

Huge Hillis fan here , but Hillis isnt a feature back , but what he could have gave us was power football and a real nice receiver out of the backfield .....
We just didnt have the threats in the redzone ...........

Spider
09-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Moreno isnt prefect, but criticizing him for a lack of power or not finishing runs doesnt make sense
IMO that is one of his strengths
he always fights for the tough yardage and really the only time I see him not fall forward is when he is being gang tackled

Yesterday really highlighted how shortsighted it is to blame Moreno for our struggling run game

Moreno cant stay healthy ......... I dont see the , lack of power and not finishing a run bull**** people are saying ...... I just wish he would stay healthy

bendog
09-27-2010, 02:07 PM
I really don't care about the comparisons, but the take on moreno coming out of GA was that the power game wasn't really his strong suit. It's not that he was unwilling to go inside for a tough yard, but that his strengths were being able to slide it horizontally and accellerate to a hole.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114939

It's not that Moreno won't fight for a yard, but who'd better move the pile, Moreono or Gerhart? But Gerhart isn't gonna bounce it to the backside if a defense over commits.

Hillis pretty much played his way out of Den, and perhaps got into disfavor cause he has success under Shanny and then the new coach. It's not exactly a unique situation.

broncocalijohn
09-27-2010, 02:23 PM
I'll have to see the game on TV.

Live at in the red zone.....where my seats are, it didn't look like holes were there at all.

The 4 attempts from the one, were at the other end of the stadium, the replays didn't show any push or openings that we saw.

The most glaring RB error I noticed was Maroney cutting it back between the tackles instead of heading to daylight on the edge.

why i love my south stands seats. You can see everything form in front of you. Never thought i would like them so much until we got TD on our team and it was poetry in motion with the line and him waiting on the hole from the sweep then ...There he goes!

Kaylore
09-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Why is every Hillis thread 9+ pages?

bendog
09-27-2010, 03:32 PM
why is every hillis thread 9+ pages?

word.

SoCalBronco
09-28-2010, 01:03 AM
if you saw chris simms last year, youd understand why they traded hillis. they needed a real NFL backup.

http://papertrap.net/wp-images/2010/04/picard-facepalm.jpg

Taco John
09-28-2010, 02:12 AM

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2217/someoneiswrong.jpg

Cito Pelon
09-28-2010, 02:57 AM
RIP George Blanda. Retired as the leading scorer in NFL history. Played QB covering for Lamonica and kicking FG's for the Raiders at the age of 41 I believe it was and got the Raiders to the AFC Championship game.

broncosteven
10-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Hillis limited in practice — 9:59 p.m.

Cleveland Browns FB/RB Peyton Hillis suffered an injured thigh during Thursday’s practice and was added to the injury report. Hillis was listed as limited.

The third-year pro was acquired earlier this year from the Denver Broncos in exchange for QB Brady Quinn. Draft selections were also involved in the trade, but it’s apparent that the Browns have gotten the better end of the deal so far.

Hillis is tied for eighth in the NFL in rushing yards with 322 and is tied for first with rushing touchdowns with four. Quinn has not taken a snap from center in Denver’s four games this season.

Should Hillis not be able to suit up against the visiting Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, RB Jerome Harrison (thigh) would start. Harrison practiced for the second straight day on Thursday.

— Adam Caplan

McFadden misses practice — 7:45 p.m.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-news-rumors-trades-injuries-transactions

I couldn't find the Around the NFL thread in the search engine I got a could not find server error so I figured this was next best.

Popps
10-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Hillis limited in practice ó 9:59 p.m.

Cleveland Browns FB/RB Peyton Hillis suffered an injured thigh during Thursdayís practice and was added to the injury report. Hillis was listed as limited..

Dumb hillbilly. I just picked him up for my fantasy team last week.

Wonder how he hurt himself? Maybe he tried to block someone?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NtjtnVrfTWI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NtjtnVrfTWI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

tsiguy96
10-07-2010, 10:37 PM
http://papertrap.net/wp-images/2010/04/picard-facepalm.jpg

i didnt say quinn was the absolute answer, im saying thats why he was traded, to get an NFL backup. clearly quinn cant fit the bill and im sure mcdaniels would not make that trade again if given teh opportunity. hard to fault him for trying to upgrade an area of weakness, but in this case it didnt work.

Archer81
10-07-2010, 10:42 PM

I suspect its a combination of factors.

Exhibit A. He was a Shanny pick.

Exhibit B. Broncos running game is struggling.

Exhibit C. McDaniels traded him.

Exhibit D. People enjoy pain and misery.

Pony Boy
10-07-2010, 10:44 PM
i didnt say quinn was the absolute answer, im saying thats why he was traded, to get an NFL backup. clearly quinn cant fit the bill and im sure mcdaniels would not make that trade again if given teh opportunity. hard to fault him for trying to upgrade an area of weakness, but in this case it didnt work.

Arizona needs a QB and we need to dump Quinn, it would be great to get a 3rd or 4th for him.

strafen
10-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Dumb hillbilly. I just picked him up for my fantasy team last week.

Wonder how he hurt himself? Maybe he tried to block someone?

Wait!
You didn't take Moreno or Baloney?

Florida_Bronco
10-07-2010, 11:09 PM
we need to dump Quinn We do?

baja
10-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Arizona needs a QB and we need to dump Quinn, it would be great to get a 3rd or 4th for him.

What did we see him play? Maybe 3+ pre season quarters in a Broncos uniform. No one here has any idea what Quinn will develop into after he gets the system down and gets coached up by Josh & Co. I offer Kyle Orton as exhibit 'A'.

Hell he may be the starting QB next season and Kyle could be traded for a nice fat high pick.

driver
10-08-2010, 03:06 AM
I suspect its a combination of factors.

Exhibit A. He was a Shanny pick.

Exhibit B. Broncos running game is struggling.

Exhibit C. McDaniels traded him.

Exhibit D. People enjoy pain and misery.

A; a seventh rounder.
B: No sh_t.
C; Hillis and (4th?) rnd pic for another Junk QB= Trades for Quinn and Fonzie.
D; Don't spoil our fun.:wiggle:

Pony Boy
10-08-2010, 08:39 AM
What did we see him play? Maybe 3+ pre season quarters in a Broncos uniform. No one here has any idea what Quinn will develop into after he gets the system down and gets coached up by Josh & Co. I offer Kyle Orton as exhibit 'A'.

Hell he may be the starting QB next season and Kyle could be traded for a nice fat high pick.

Orton will be solid for the next 2 or 3 years (barring injury and if McD is still here) Tebow is next in line.......... so if you can get a 3rd pick for Quinn take it......

Beantown Bronco
10-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Orton will be solid for the next 2 or 3 years (barring injury and if McD is still here) Tebow is next in line.......... so if you can get a 3rd pick for Quinn take it......

Yeah, someone's really going to give us the same value for Quinn that the Pats just got for Moss.

Puff, puff, give.....you're f'ing up the rotation.

Pony Boy
10-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Yeah, someone's really going to give us the same value for Quinn that the Pats just got for Moss.

Puff, puff, give.....you're f'ing up the rotation.

Arizona is in such bad shape they are taking about signing Garcia away from the Omaha Nighhawks......... a 3rd or 4th maybe ...just saying

Binkythefrog
10-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Arizona is in such bad shape they are taking about signing Garcia away from the Omaha Nighhawks......... a 3rd or 4th maybe ...just saying

If Arizona was going to spend a 3rd or a 4th, they probably could get someone like Volek, Whitehurst, Sorgi, Carr, Senaca Wallace, Kellen Clemens, other backup QB's that have either produced, or showed better glimpses (no matter how faint) of ability than Quinn.

They probably don't want to get rid of any draft picks knowing their situation and how they'll need them all. Garcia just costs money.

If Denver really wanted to get rid of Quinn, given other backups out there, they probably have to accept a 6th/7th rounder, or even send a low pick along with him.

Dedhed
10-08-2010, 09:55 AM
There is no way the Broncos are even considering moving Quinn. Not even a little.

And I thought Hillis was impossible to injure. Seems like two weeks as a starter is about his limit.

baja
10-08-2010, 10:32 AM
There is no way the Broncos are even considering moving Quinn. Not even a little.

And I thought Hillis was impossible to injure. Seems like two weeks as a starter is about his limit.
are you saying a wheel came of our favorite 5 tool player?

Is 5 tool Hillis sinking from to many carries?

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Insurance/BackhoeA.jpg