PDA

View Full Version : Neck Pony Nation!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Midnight Blue
06-09-2002, 12:22 AM
More news should be coming up after training camp starts on Monday...

Good to see you back, Alkazar... hope all is well with you... :-)

alkemical
06-09-2002, 08:15 AM
One quarterback currently playing in the NFL Europe League, and worth keeping an eye on, is Todd Husak of the Berlin Thunder. The former Stanford star has completed 171 of 291 passes for 2,008 yards, with 12 touchdown passes, 10 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 79.2. He leads the springtime league in attempts, completions, yards and also touchdown passes and has seemed to make solid strides overseas. Husak is interesting, in addition, because of his situation with the Denver Broncos, the team which allocated him to the NFL Europe League. Because of Brian Griese's off-field woes, the Broncos might be forced to keep veteran Steve Beuerlein, bad elbow and all, around as an insurance policy. And the coaches seem to like another former NFL Europe product, third-year pro Jarious Jackson, which could make it difficult for Husak to make the roster. If he is cut, teams would be wise to take a look at Husak. He has good size, a decent arm, plenty of smarts. There are some people who feel that then-coach Marty Schottenheimer gave up way too early on Husak last year, when he released him. This isn't to suggest Husak will ever be a star in the NFL, but that he could be a solid career backup.

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1392004.html

alkemical
06-09-2002, 08:29 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_1196110,00.html

Smith back on the run
As Broncos' camp looms prolific WR shakes off rust in workouts

In this article, towards the bottom:

STILL GOING: Smith might have been slowed by a stress fracture and two sprained ankles, but that hasn't kept him from participating in the team's voluntary off-season conditioning program. This will be his eighth year making 100 percent of the workouts.

Players recently completed the 10th week of the 12-week, 56-day program of running and lifting. Desmond Clark will complete his fourth consecutive year of 100 percent attendance and George Coghill his fifth.

HEAVY LOAD: When Tuten put together homemade wooden blocking sleds for the Broncos' conditioning program, his goal was to have players push the 225-pound monsters four times up and down the 50-yard-long field inside the team's practice bubble. Friday, all of the backs completed six sets of sled drills. Offensive linemen performed eight sets. Two players - rookie fullback Will Bartholomew and offensive linemen Michael Lies - did 12 apiece.

Of course, that only meant more work for Tuten.

"I did 14 (Friday)," he said. "I have to stay ahead."

Sassy
06-10-2002, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the update Mock. Sounds like nothing much yet has happened on the football front although there is a lot of off-season chatter going on... :D. Anyway, I'd better sign off for now as I'm still job hunting. I'll try and check back in a little later today or possibly tomorrow. We'll have to see....

Hey Alkazar....It's great to have you back on the board.  Any news from your trip to Mexico? (Yep, I'm snoopy!  ;D ;) )

Midnight Blue
06-13-2002, 06:59 PM
(retrieving the Neck Pony thread from Page 2) :o

Go Broncos!!!!

Alkazar
06-14-2002, 02:50 PM
Hey Alkazar....It's great to have you back on the board. Any news from your trip to Mexico? (Yep, I'm snoopy! ;D ;) )

Hey ND, it's great to be back, even if its only once in a while. Unfortunately, we're still stuck waiting. The doctors want to leave the baby in the womb until it gains more weight (they say she currently weighs less than 3 pounds and there could be health issues) so we're stuck in a holding pattern. All the legal aspects have been cleared up as I understand it, so once the Doc gives the ok, everything will probably happen pretty quick.
Other than that, I'm still searching for employment. I'm hoping that with the upturn in the economy, jobs will start opening up again.

Midnight Blue
06-14-2002, 07:25 PM
Hey ND, it's great to be back, even if its only once in a while. Unfortunately, we're still stuck waiting. The doctors want to leave the baby in the womb until it gains more weight (they say she currently weighs less than 3 pounds and there could be health issues) so we're stuck in a holding pattern. All the legal aspects have been cleared up as I understand it, so once the Doc gives the ok, everything will probably happen pretty quick.
Other than that, I'm still searching for employment. I'm hoping that with the upturn in the economy, jobs will start opening up again.

Thanks for the update, Alkazar! Although the waiting must seem interminable, if your daughter's less than 3 pounds, it probably is best to wait as long as they can. (I'm assuming that her birth mother will be having a C-section?) My smallest baby (one of the twins) was just under 5 lbs. and he was tiny... of course, he and his brother were also a month premature, as is often the case with twins. We'll keep you, your wife and daughter... and the birth mom... in our prayers. :)

Good luck with the job search, too... hopefully the right opportunity will open up for you soon. :D

Sassy
06-14-2002, 07:48 PM
I was going to say about the same thing Blue did...about the baby and the job search.

When is your daughter due? Usually they like to wait at least until 28 weeks....of course, the longer, the better. My nephews were born at 27 and 30 weeks and are doing just fine.  (The first one was 2 lb. 14 oz. and the second one was 4 lbs.)

watermock
06-15-2002, 09:44 AM
We will be adding a baby parakeet to the family soon, it just jumped out of its nest at the pet store and will be ready in a couple weeks.

We got first pick so and I think we are going to get a dark purple one, but that lady said the olive ones were prettier. dunno.

LLB
06-15-2002, 02:06 PM
LOL!

alkemical
06-17-2002, 08:57 PM
Legendary football coach Bill Walsh once said that you can scheme an offense but you have to have physically gifted players on defense as they have to react to what the offense is doing. The Redskins seem especially suited for success looking at that quote. On paper, they look

watermock
06-17-2002, 10:19 PM
AFC, Miami, Denver, Cleveland, Pittsburg, Colts, New England.

NFC, Lambs, Green Bay, Washington, Tampa Bay, Niners, Philly.

No room for the dark side this year.  homer

Sassy
06-18-2002, 11:45 PM
BRONCOS WILL RULE IN 2002!

Alkazar
06-19-2002, 05:07 PM
Just to keep everyone updated.... I have just started a temp-to-hire position that, if it goes permanent, will pay approx. the same as I was making at my last job, so everyone keep your fingers crossed.
As far as the baby goes, she was born this past weekend, weighing in at just over 5 lbs. but the birthmother had second thoughts and decided to keep the baby. My wife and I have decided to hold off on any further attempts to adopt for a while as this has happened 3 times now.
Since I am sneaking this message in while at my new position, I'll have to drop out again momentarily, but I wanted to keep you all informed. If nothing else, I'll continue to check in from the local library from time to time.

Midnight Blue
06-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Congratulations on your new job, Alkazar. Hopefully it will work into the permanent position and all will go well for you.

Such a disappointment with the little one... it must be heartbreaking to have this happen so many times. :'(

watermock
06-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Wow, how frustrating it must have been.

Hopefully the child will not be subjected to abject poverty on the whim of a hormonal induced female.

Sassy
06-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Congrats on the job!  :D  Sorry to hear about the baby. :'(
Hopefully, it will work out for you and your wife another time.  How frustrating!

Sassy
06-19-2002, 09:05 PM
Dumb Raider Fan: (Kingtitso...) He's talking about Tim Brown being the best receiver ever....and saying Rod doesn't compare....Check it out!

This is a riot!
http://pub76.ezboard.com/fdenverbroncosfrm0.showMessageRange?topicID=3154.t opic&start=241&stop=260

watermock
06-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Lots of Faydah angst at that place.

They hang out and abuse the forum cause they are kicked out of every place on the net.

Lifer is especially pathetic. Go over to their forum

(the ez board raider room), its dead, and fansinblack is just a circle jerk.

Sassy
06-19-2002, 09:20 PM
Lots of Faydah angst at that place.

They hang out and abuse the forum cause they are kicked out of every place on the net.

Lifer is especially pathetic. Go over to their forum, its dead, and fansinblack is just a circle jerk.

....yeah, they keep saying they OWN the board, yeah right, pathetic little creatures they are. ::) ;)

...That chick Rachel, has no clue... :P ::)

Midnight Blue
06-19-2002, 10:17 PM
Didn't we have a similar discussion here last offseason? Our receivers vs Tim Brown...

I'm not certain I'd be convinced that Rachel's even a chick, ND... "she" sounds almost like Lifer with a second login nickname... although doing something like that (creating alter-egos to support your viewpoints) would be pretty lame.... ::)

Sassy
06-19-2002, 10:22 PM
Didn't we have a similar discussion here last offseason? Our receivers vs Tim Brown...

I'm not certain I'd be convinced that Rachel's even a chick, ND... "she" sounds almost like Lifer with a second login nickname... although doing something like that (creating alter-egos to support your viewpoints) would be pretty lame.... ::)

We probably  did...

You're probably right about Rachel...Although, she sounds even less intelligent than Lifer (if possible! LOL!)  Rachel and kingtito could be the same person, maybe. :-/

Midnight Blue
06-19-2002, 10:36 PM
The lack of any differing viewpoints is the thing that makes me suspect that one or more of the Raiderfan posters at Cyber High is the same person posing as more than one.

While the Raider fans we have here on OM share a lot of the same opinions, there are personality differences that are discernible... and often they point out differing facets in the discussion at hand.

The language at Cyber High sometimes gets a bit crude for my tastes... and I'd hate for any of my kids to inadvertently read some of the stuff posted there... :o :o :o

Sassy
06-19-2002, 10:44 PM
The lack of any differing viewpoints is the thing that makes me suspect that one or more of the Raiderfan posters at Cyber High is the same person posing as more than one.

While the Raider fans we have here on OM share a lot of the same opinions, there are personality differences that are discernible... and often they point out differing facets in the discussion at hand.

The language at Cyber High sometimes gets a bit crude for my tastes... and I'd hate for any of my kids to inadvertently read some of the stuff posted there... :o :o :o
The language is pretty nasty sometimes. I don't blame you for not wanting your kids to see it. It didn't use to be quite so bad.  I don't mind some of the posters on that board though, and BB has done a good job.  This board definitely has a different feel to it....and I think, more class.  (no offense to Cyberhigh, It's just a matter of preference.)

I just had to laugh at the thread though, Bronco fans, myself included, kept posting facts about Tim Vs. Rod ....including stats and that darn Raider fan just wouldn't listen....(typical!) ;) ;D

We do have some pretty 8) Raider fans on here....at least they seem to listen to what the Bronco fans say even if they don't agree.

Midnight Blue
06-19-2002, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I'd probably spend more time there if the language wasn't quite so vulgar... as it is, I have to wait until after the kids' bedtime to go there. That's one of the things I really like about the way TJ runs this board... one can see by some posts in the Butt that this board would not be immune to such gross stuff if it wasn't dealt with effectively.

We do have a good bunch of posters, including most of the Raider fans. Things could get dull, especially in the offseason, without some dissenting opinions... ;D

Sassy
06-19-2002, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I'd probably spend more time there if the language wasn't quite so vulgar... as it is, I have to wait until after the kids' bedtime to go there. That's one of the things I really like about the way TJ runs this board... one can see by some posts in the Butt that this board would not be immune to such gross stuff if it wasn't dealt with effectively.

We do have a good bunch of posters, including most of the Raider fans. Things could get dull, especially in the offseason, without some dissenting opinions... ;D
Nah, Errand would keep us on our toes! ;)  (That's a compliment, Errand! ;D )

Midnight Blue
06-19-2002, 11:18 PM
You're probably right about that! :P ;D :D

BRONCOS KICK ASSS
06-21-2002, 08:56 AM
whats up with this UP

Alkazar
06-21-2002, 05:10 PM
It just helps keep this thread "UP" at the top... ;D

alkemical
06-24-2002, 04:22 AM
top it off

BRONCOS KICK ASSS
06-24-2002, 08:59 PM
boards kinda empty it seems like

Sassy
06-24-2002, 09:24 PM
Hey BKA, How's your summer going?  How about a nice cold rootbeer? <tosses a cold one to bka>.  It's about 90 degrees here  and the humidity is high, too :P  Good night for a glass of wine and lots of AC. ;D ;)

TDrulez
06-25-2002, 02:42 AM
Bumpidy bump bump bump

Sassy
06-25-2002, 11:03 PM
POTR! POTR! POTR! 8) 8) 8)

BRONCOS KICK ASSS
06-26-2002, 03:06 PM
Hey BKA, How's your summer going? How about a nice cold rootbeer? <tosses a cold one to bka>. It's about 90 degrees here and the humidity is high, too :P Good night for a glass of wine and lots of AC. ;D ;)
Great! how about you?  I'm going to Branson in about a week

Tom G
06-26-2002, 05:51 PM
Branson!?! Good grief. Went there couple years ago. I suspect I am the oldest poster on this board, but I am sure I was the youngest tourist in Branson, not counting my trophy wife. Good luck and hope you find it more stimulating than we did.

watermock
06-26-2002, 09:36 PM
One trip to Branson was more than enough to last a lifetime.

To top it off, we went to a timeshare deal, and I went out to the car it was so boring. She wound up buying one, It took me all the next day to get her backed out of it.

Those hacks wanted to kill me. You think it's torture to sit thru the close attempts at timeshare, just try backing out the next day. What a nightmare.  

adabronco02
06-26-2002, 10:23 PM
Branson is boring wake me up :thumbsdown:

BRONCOS KICK ASSS
06-27-2002, 09:35 AM
I didn't mind it in fact a friend of my grandpas let us borrow his Condo on Tablerock lake

Taco John
06-27-2002, 04:14 PM
What happened to Blue?

Haven't seen Blue in almost a week...   ???

gudgref
06-27-2002, 05:17 PM
TJ, I believe Blue is on vacation.

Sassy
06-27-2002, 05:21 PM
...she's somewhere along the Oregon coast.... :D

Taco John
06-28-2002, 01:19 AM
I miss Bluie...   :'(

She's along the Oregon Coast?

I wish I'd have known the days she's going to be in Portland...  I'd love to have a cup of jo' with Blue.

Ah well.   ???

Taco John
06-28-2002, 01:25 AM
Whe else we missing?

Clark's been MIA for awhile... Navy's got that boy busy...  

Beerman's been MIA too...

Philly...  He's been out.  

Of course, Alkazar is missing in action...

I haven't seen Iowa Broncofan in awhile...

Winston hasn't been around in a little while...

I haven't seen DMNIrican in awhile...

I can't wait for the season......

who else am I missing?

clarkster
06-28-2002, 11:13 AM
clarks around, just been checking out of my command, getting ready for a month of COlorado summer with the family, then heading out to that fat haze gray bitch to do something for king and country, or something like that.

cameronca
06-28-2002, 06:45 PM
hey everyone, I'm pretty new to this site, which I must say is the best DB site I've seen.
Hopefully I'm not getting under anyone's skin to the owners of this site, keep up the premiere DB site!

Sassy
06-28-2002, 06:56 PM
WELCOME TO ORANGE MANE! 8)

watermock
06-28-2002, 07:18 PM
"King and Country"?

Haven't we been thru this?

Granted, Bush Jr. acts like his daddy's bitch sometimes. He is hardly the prince that a misinformed public embraced with the Kennedy brats with however.

cameronca
06-28-2002, 07:35 PM
WELCOME TO ORANGE MANE! 8)

Thanks ND.  :cheers:

Taco John
06-29-2002, 12:11 AM
hey everyone, I'm pretty new to this site, which I must say is the best DB site I've seen.
Hopefully I'm not getting under anyone's skin to the owners of this site, keep up the premiere DB site!

Welcome to the board Cameron!

Glad to have you aboard!  Don't forget to click the "profile" button on the orange bar above to customize your preferences.   ;)

watermock
06-29-2002, 12:14 AM
Yes Indeed, dont forget to put "Animal or Vegatable" in your life form profile.

Also, we need to know whether you are an agnostic or one of the Anglo Saxon preferences.

We also want to do some blood work.

After that you are free to post.

BRONCOS KICK ASSS
06-29-2002, 01:30 PM
How many kegs of Hieneken did you drink Mock?

alkemical
06-30-2002, 10:45 PM
A) Not enough  ;D

Midnight Blue
06-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Whazzup, Neck Ponies????

;D It appears that TJ doesn't read "the girly thread"... :giggle: :egbgb:

While I'd love to have that cup of joe, I was traveling with 5-7 kids, which would have made it rather difficult... LOL

Perhaps we can arrange something for the Seahawks game.....

Cherry Creek
07-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Camp starts................http://204.168.20.164/count_down.cfm

Midnight Blue
07-03-2002, 11:37 PM
Back to the top with the Neck Pony Thread!!! :D 8) :P ;D

alkemical
07-04-2002, 04:29 AM
up again - happy july 4th all!  be safe and enjoy!

EngSetFran
07-06-2002, 12:55 PM
OK - Are you ready for some Broncos?

Up Up And Away!!

Odysseus
07-07-2002, 01:20 AM
:gus: Off Season...hurtz brane...hurtz!

alkemical
07-08-2002, 04:29 AM
<http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/titans/2002-06-22-mcnair.htm>

McNair's challenge: Prove last year was no fluke

___

This is interesting, they have Mike Hermendingerwhoeverhewas quoted in the story... says sometimes mcnair shows him flashes of elway... I'm not saying nothing, but it's cool reading... besides, slow offseason

watermock
07-08-2002, 04:36 AM
McNair had the NFC championship in his hands. Two minutes to go against the Rams. AND two timeouts. At his 48 yard line.

He couldn't complete a pass.

Next.

alkemical
07-08-2002, 04:50 AM
just to be a jerk  ;D - I guess people said that 3x with elway

alkemical
07-08-2002, 04:50 AM
also, mcnair has at least been to the show

alkemical
07-08-2002, 04:53 AM
Incase anyone was wondering about what the status is/was on tyrone poole (cb) - here is your answer -

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/broncos/home.htm

PLAYERS ACQUIRED: OT Barrett Brooks (FA; $525,000/1 yr; 2002 cap: $450,000); OT Blake Brockermeyer (FA Bears; $34.9M/8 yrs, $700,000 SB/$4.2M option bonus '03; 2002 cap: $750,000); DT Cyron Brown (FA; terms unknown); DT Lional Dalton (UFA Ravens; $22M/7 yrs, $3M SB); RB Reuben Droughns (not tendered as ERFA by Lions; terms unknown); OL K.C. Jones (FA; terms unknown); LB Terry Killens (UFA 49ers; 7 yrs, total terms unknown; $280,000 SB); WR Rob Moore (FA Cardinals; $775,000/1 yr, $25,000 SB; 2002 cap: $475,000); CB Tyrone Poole (reinstated from reserve/left squad); S Izell Reese (UFA Cowboys; $575,000/1 yr, $25,000 SB; 2002 cap: $475,000); OT Ephraim Salaam (UFA Falcons; 7 yrs, total terms unknown, $700,000 SB/$5M roster bonus '04; 2002 cap: $625,000); TE Shannon Sharpe (FA Ravens; 7 yrs, total terms unknown, $864,000 SB; 2002 cap: $900,000).

Chubby
07-08-2002, 09:39 PM
I hate to sound like Beavis but; This is the coolest thread I know. Here's to the best fans on the net!

Alkazar
07-10-2002, 02:07 PM
Howdy all from the black hole of the MIA list. Just to give you all an update, I have (FINALLY) landed a permanent job again that gives me not only a paycheck but internet access again as well (its my first day on the job and I'm already goofing off here on the board....hehehehehe). I'l slowly be working up to posting as much as I was before, but I figure I'd better try to impress the boss for at least the next week or so...... ::)

Paulie Emm
07-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Welcome back Alkazar........employment is empowerment!

Midnight Blue
07-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Howdy all from the black hole of the MIA list. Just to give you all an update, I have (FINALLY) landed a permanent job again that gives me not only a paycheck but internet access again as well (its my first day on the job and I'm already goofing off here on the board....hehehehehe). I'l slowly be working up to posting as much as I was before, but I figure I'd better try to impress the boss for at least the next week or so...... ::)

This is wonderful news, Alkazar! Congratulations on your new job and welcome back.... we've missed you! :D :cheers:

Rob B.
07-10-2002, 04:30 PM
1 more post blue

Sassy
07-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Congrats and Welcome Back, Alkazar! What is your new job? :D

Midnight Blue
07-10-2002, 06:33 PM
1 more post blue

Hey, you're right, Rob! :rainbow:

And there's no better place for post #7000 than the Neck Pony thread! :-)

Go Broncos!!!!

:cheers:

alkemical
07-10-2002, 08:26 PM
I see all these guys singed on right now, and no ones posting - what someone needs a sign or something to post!?!

Sassy
07-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Hi Ames! :D How are you this evening?

watermock
07-10-2002, 08:51 PM
It was a good news day.

Good articles on SOB, Article on Moore, Lelie and Willie getting well.

Bronco news is more like a rehab centers prognosis.

alkemical
07-10-2002, 08:57 PM
i'm doing fine ND, how's it going for you

Sassy
07-10-2002, 09:00 PM
i'm doing fine ND, how's it going for you

Not too bad here, either.  Suffering a little "car" leg from my trip to Montana, though. :) :P

alkemical
07-10-2002, 09:02 PM
I hate it when i get clutch leg.....  I think too that i may not have a job monday (company downsizing) if that happens i hate to sound like a mooch, but i might not worry about looking for a job till sept..

Sassy
07-10-2002, 09:04 PM
That's too bad....but the rest of the summer off sounds good! ;D
~GO BRONCOS~ POST 5500!

alkemical
07-10-2002, 09:14 PM
i dunno, it doesn't really matter i'd find a job somewhere, sometime anyway...

would be a nice vacation though... ;D

watermock
07-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Faaip De Oiad

what is that?

alkemical
07-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Earth 'will expire by 2050'

Our planet is running out of room and resources. Modern man has plundered so much, a damning report claims this week, that outer space will have to be colonised

http://www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,750783,00.html

Chubby
07-10-2002, 10:15 PM
Earth 'will expire by 2050'

Our planet is running out of room and resources. Modern man has plundered so much, a damning report claims this week, that outer space will have to be colonised

http://www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,750783,00.htmlI'm sure the outerspace can hardly wait! LOL Lets see... we have tribes in Africa that mutilate a womens vagina to make sex less pleasurable. :shocked: We have wars over which god you pray too, we release tons of deadly toxins into the atmosphere. We already have space junk! So we already started to pollute outerspace. So we offer with colonization, murders,rape,corprate crime,religous fanatics,domestic violence,corruption, If their is life on other planets? THERE NOT WAITING FOR US TO SHOW UP! :alien:

watermock
07-10-2002, 10:33 PM
I read that article and almost posted it ames.

There are some fundamental leftist flaws and ommisions in the piece or I would of posted it, most notably the total neglect of the fact that Europe and North America have essentially achieved zero population growth.

Of course population control is not ever mentioned. Also ignored is the vast amout of goods that are exported to other "less developed" countries.

Of course there are limits to growth, but if you took a test, 8 out of 10 college students probably couldn't tell you who Malthus even was, yet alone debate his views.

We still have a window to adapt, but only for awhile, thru efficiency and the use of new energy technology I believe is being hidden from us by big oil.

Population has to be controlled, if that is achieved, I believe that we can keep advancing technology. If population continues at its present rate, a world war is almost inevitable as natural resources will trigger agression, just as it did in Japan, only in a exponential scale.

Alkazar
07-11-2002, 08:52 AM
Faaip De Oiad

what is that?

Whaa??  Oh, well, I can see Mock hasn't changed. Alot of gibberish with a few lucid sentences mixed in..... ;D

Sorry to hear the news Ames. At least it sounds like your in a better financial position than I was when I lost my last position. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

alkemical
07-12-2002, 12:06 AM
It's cool, i'm not really worried about it...i can always find something

Alkazar
07-12-2002, 01:13 PM
It's cool, i'm not really worried about it...i can always find something

Yeah, uh huh, thats exactly what I thought too.... ::)

Taco John
07-12-2002, 01:18 PM
Good to see you back Alky!

;)

Taco John
07-12-2002, 01:22 PM
Oh, and those who are wondering... "Faaip De Oiad," which is written under Josh's avatar, is a title of a "Tool" track... A very interesting one at that...

The track has a clip from an Art Bell show... The clip, for lack of a better word, is terrifying.

Alkazar
07-12-2002, 01:31 PM
Congrats and Welcome Back, Alkazar! What is your new job? :D
I'm handling a variety of tasks for an overhead door company including scheduling of and following up on subcontracted installation jobs. I will also soon be scheduling the service calls for the doors we install. It's not accounting and it was a bit of a pay cut from what I was making, but its a hell of a lot better than the $0.00 I've been getting for the past couple of months!

alkemical
07-12-2002, 01:31 PM
Well actually it means 'voice of god' i believe, and yes it is from tools - lateralus cd - in which  a hoaxed call was placed to art bell...

However i actually got it out of a book i'm reading (just how things connect is all, but that isn't the books name)... just liked the wait it made people ask what it was, i was hoping that some of you would have had the curiosity to 'search' it out and maybe try to figure it out.....

Alkazar
07-12-2002, 01:33 PM
Good to see you back Alky!

;)
Thanks, TJ.  :thumbsup: I'm real glad to be back in the mix! I see we've gained a few new posters since I was gone. Well, you know what they say....the more, the merrier!

Paulie Emm
07-12-2002, 05:22 PM
Well actually it means 'voice of god' i believe, and yes it is from tools - lateralus cd - in which a hoaxed call was placed to art bell...

However i actually got it out of a book i'm reading (just how things connect is all, but that isn't the books name)... just liked the wait it made people ask what it was, i was hoping that some of you would have had the curiosity to 'search' it out and maybe try to figure it out.....

Hey Ames, what is the name of the book, if you don't mind sharing?

alkemical
07-13-2002, 10:16 AM
I have been reading 3 books at once, but i think it came out of "the tree of life" by Isreal Regardie.....

Alkazar
07-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Ugghhh.....the NPN thread on page two!!

UP!!!!!

Alkazar
07-16-2002, 02:44 PM
Ok folks, this makes twice in the same week this has ended up on page two! We need some posters to start posting on this thread to keep it on page 1!

GO BRONCOS!!

Paulie Emm
07-16-2002, 04:55 PM
No problem Alkazar.....................NPN FOREVER!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

alkemical
07-16-2002, 06:03 PM
Operation TIPS, administered by the U.S. Department of Justice and developed in partnership with several other federal agencies, is one of the five component programs of the Citizen Corps. Operation TIPS will be a national system for reporting suspicious, and potentially terrorist-related activity. The program will involve the millions of American workers who, in the daily course of their work, are in a unique position to see potentially unusual or suspicious activity in public places.

The Department of Justice is discussing participation with several industry groups whose workers are ideally suited to help in the anti-terrorism effort because their routines allow them to recognize unusual events and have expressed a desire for a mechanism to report these events to authorities.

These workers will use their common sense and knowledge of their work environment to identify suspicious or unusual activity. This program offers a way for these workers to report what they see in public areas and along transportation routes.

All it will take to volunteer is a telephone or access to the Internet as tips can be reported on the toll-free hotline or online. Information received will be entered into the national database and referred electronically to a point of contact in each state as appropriate. This is not a national 911 center, and callers are expected to dial 911 for emergency local response.

Industries that are interested in participating in this program will be given printed guidance material, flyers and brochures, about the program and how to contact the Operation TIPS reporting center. This information can be distributed to workers or posted in common work areas. Operation TIPS is scheduled to be launched in late summer or early fall 2002. The goal of the program is to establish a reliable and comprehensive national system for reporting suspicious, and potentially terrorist-related, activity. By establishing one central reporting center, information from several different industries can be maintained in a single database. Operation TIPS will be phased in across the country to enable the system to build its capacity to receive an increasing volume of tips

Paulie Emm
07-17-2002, 04:14 PM
A program like this is overdue.  The lefties will hate it, which is why its a good idea.

alkemical
07-17-2002, 11:25 PM
well mike, i don't consider myself leftist, but i do hate this program... to me it almost sounds...orwellian....  neighbors spying on neighbors next?  That gets around the 4th amendment......

Just food for thought...

and i do have a question:

Left sidedness is supposidly socialist type tendancies by stereotypical definitions..right (follow me on this)...then how would this be considered a 'conservative' approach if traditional republican ideals is smaller gov't -

Just a general question...

Paulie Emm
07-18-2002, 10:43 AM
well mike, i don't consider myself leftist, but i do hate this program... to me it almost sounds...orwellian.... neighbors spying on neighbors next? That gets around the 4th amendment......

Just food for thought...

and i do have a question:

Left sidedness is supposidly socialist type tendancies by stereotypical definitions..right (follow me on this)...then how would this be considered a 'conservative' approach if traditional republican ideals is smaller gov't -

Just a general question...

Who is Mike?

The program won't last past a year or so before its scaled back, but will serve a purpose, letting potential terrorist cells know that they are potentially being watched by everyone. There will be false tips and some ruffled feathers, but I think it will help overall.
If something similar to this was in place pre- 9/11, maybe some lives could have been saved.

Nothing has been traditional in the past 10 months. I think this is more of a stop gap measure until something better is developed. Please don't ask me what that will be, I have no idea.

alkemical
07-18-2002, 11:03 AM
Sorry paulie,  i was really tired last night......  got the name wrong....

anyway do you really trust the gov't to just do away with this stuff when terrorist threats are over?  I don't...  Do you think the office of homeland security, the 2nd largest office in the gov't will be downsized or anything like that, i don't.....  I personally think that our freedoms are being removed ever sooo slowly that in a way terrorism is a blanket for it.

And i personally do not see the US Patriot act being removed... which pretty much gives the executive branch power without approval....  gotta love it....

Paulie Emm
07-18-2002, 11:19 AM
Sorry paulie, i was really tired last night...... got the name wrong....

anyway do you really trust the gov't to just do away with this stuff when terrorist threats are over? I don't... Do you think the office of homeland security, the 2nd largest office in the gov't will be downsized or anything like that, i don't..... I personally think that our freedoms are being removed ever sooo slowly that in a way terrorism is a blanket for it.

And i personally do not see the US Patriot act being removed... which pretty much gives the executive branch power without approval.... gotta love it....

No problem Ames!
To do away with? No. Maybe to replace it.
Homeland Security is here to stay, the USA won't get caught like that again(I hope)
You really feel your freedoms are being taken away? That is something that cannot be given up at any cost. But I see your point, the government, potentially, using the threat of terrorism as a means to gain more control.......that's scary.

BTW, I'm not American(but I am a North American!) I'm a Canuck. This is what our women do on weekends. see attachment above.............

watermock
07-18-2002, 11:34 AM
http://12.129.206.113/~orangema/attachments/Jp45

Too funny, who picked up the trash?

alkemical
07-18-2002, 02:04 PM
No problem Ames!
To do away with? No. Maybe to replace it.
Homeland Security is here to stay, the USA won't get caught like that again(I hope)
You really feel your freedoms are being taken away? That is something that cannot be given up at any cost. But I see your point, the government, potentially, using the threat of terrorism as a means to gain more control.......that's scary.

BTW, I'm not American(but I am a North American!) I'm a Canuck. This is what our women do on weekends. see attachment above.............

I really do think our freedoms here in america are in jeopardy....

Paulie where at in canada do you live, i've been up to toronto and of course the falls area...want to out to vancouver sometime and check that side out....

alkemical
07-18-2002, 02:05 PM
BTW:  LOL on the pic...looks like a good weekend for someone....  ;D

watermock
07-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Bible Camp gone horribly wrong.

Cherry Creek
07-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Camp starts in  6 days 17 hours 14 mins 36 secs

Alkazar
07-18-2002, 03:15 PM
Heh, heh, is somebody else supe anxious for camp to start? ;)

GloryMule
07-18-2002, 05:24 PM
Hey all, I'm a new guy but a long time Bronco fan. Going to be at camp on the 27th. Was there last year. Hope Griese gets it going, he should have all his weapons in one form or another.

Alkazar
07-18-2002, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard, GloryMule!!

cameronca
07-18-2002, 05:30 PM
http://12.129.206.113/~orangema/attachments/Jp45

Too funny, who picked up the trash?

nice pic Mock...nice pic :cheers: :devil: :cheers:

GloryMule
07-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Thanks Alcazar, seriously.  I promise to try and use my brain on this thread.  Joke.

alkemical
07-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Operation TIPS, administered by the U.S. Department of Justice and developed in partnership with several other federal agencies, is one of the five component programs of the Citizen Corps. Operation TIPS will be a national system for reporting suspicious, and potentially terrorist-related activity. The program will involve the millions of American workers who, in the daily course of their work, are in a unique position to see potentially unusual or suspicious activity in public places.

The Department of Justice is discussing participation with several industry groups whose workers are ideally suited to help in the anti-terrorism effort because their routines allow them to recognize unusual events and have expressed a desire for a mechanism to report these events to authorities.

These workers will use their common sense and knowledge of their work environment to identify suspicious or unusual activity. This program offers a way for these workers to report what they see in public areas and along transportation routes.

All it will take to volunteer is a telephone or access to the Internet as tips can be reported on the toll-free hotline or online. Information received will be entered into the national database and referred electronically to a point of contact in each state as appropriate. This is not a national 911 center, and callers are expected to dial 911 for emergency local response.

Industries that are interested in participating in this program will be given printed guidance material, flyers and brochures, about the program and how to contact the Operation TIPS reporting center. This information can be distributed to workers or posted in common work areas. Operation TIPS is scheduled to be launched in late summer or early fall 2002. The goal of the program is to establish a reliable and comprehensive national system for reporting suspicious, and potentially terrorist-related, activity. By establishing one central reporting center, information from several different industries can be maintained in a single database. Operation TIPS will be phased in across the country to enable the system to build its capacity to receive an increasing volume of tips

Also further note on TIPS - The information called in by cable guy, UPS guy, Truck Driver, etc - that information is then reviewed and stored in a database that does not have public access...

So what if that cable guy was irked that you made him wait....  Next think you know you got someone saying you have Bin Ladens picture on the wall.....

Taco John
07-18-2002, 11:57 PM
Hey all, I'm a new guy but a long time Bronco fan. Going to be at camp on the 27th. Was there last year. Hope Griese gets it going, he should have all his weapons in one form or another.

Welcome to the board GloryMule!  I hope you'll be sure to come back and give us your impressions of camp!

Taco John
07-19-2002, 12:51 AM
For those who are wondering why the NPN thread didn't get moved to thr ROF Thread section, it's because it would take all the sport out of it...  The NPN thread is meant to linger among the other threads...   8)

Paulie Emm
07-19-2002, 08:41 AM
I really do think our freedoms here in america are in jeopardy....

Paulie where at in canada do you live, i've been up to toronto and of course the falls area...want to out to vancouver sometime and check that side out....

That scares me, The USA is the model for freedom. So where do you think the freedom leak is? Who is to blame(gov, but who?) How do you stop it?

I'm from Toronto, Vancouver is okay(too many one way streets and rain for me), the province that it is in is beautiful though, take the sea to sky highway(99) from Vancouver to Whistler, it'll blow you away.

watermock
07-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Even at this time, we need to be extreemly vigilant not only against our enemies, but vigilant that our constitution is not compromised any further in a vain attempt at a power grab by the executive branch.

Of course it could be argued that it has been being dismantled for a long time, but recent events underscored and accellerated it.

My Late Father always said, "Every time they pass another law, they take a little bit of our Freedom away from us."

The point is, the most relevant effect of the 9/11 bombing has been increased scrutiny of our own citizens, not any sort of quantum leap in intelligence of either foreign nationals in this country or abroad.

Trust me, when you go to an NFL game, your face is now scanned.

Of course, I doubt many AlQueda terrorists are interested in NFL football, but these are the facts.

And it is truly showing the Owellian Future.

watermock
07-19-2002, 03:27 PM
And why the generic term "Homeland Defense"?

This term makes no mention of Forign Terrorists whatsoever.

How about, "Anti-terrorist Headquarters" or something a little more specific.

"Homeland Defense" sounds more like something Nazi Germany or Japan would of said in 1945.

Finally this "Axis of Evil" statement that came out in the State of the Union Adress. I considered it a Dubya oops that he inserted late and got by his speechwriters, but I have heard it again and again.

Again, this is a totally inappropriate statement with roots in WW2.

Chubby
07-19-2002, 06:38 PM
Of course, I doubt many AlQueda terrorists are interested in NFL football, but these are the facts.

And it is truly showing the Owellian Future.
Correction! :contract:It has been stated on the news that Al Queda and the likes have been downloading pictures of American stadiums. This was before the 4th of July. What does this mean ??? Thet didn't say as usual :-/ But nothing should be overlooked.

alkemical
07-20-2002, 12:21 AM
That scares me, The USA is the model for freedom. So where do you think the freedom leak is? Who is to blame(gov, but who?) How do you stop it?

I'm from Toronto, Vancouver is okay(too many one way streets and rain for me), the province that it is in is beautiful though, take the sea to sky highway(99) from Vancouver to Whistler, it'll blow you away.

Toronto, that's cool that's only like 10-hrs from here....

I think it's part gov't for being greedy and part the general publics fault for being so apethitic at the polls.....

Midnight Blue
07-20-2002, 02:23 AM
Looks like you can relax, Amesj.... Congress has removed the TIPS and National ID provisions from the Security bill....

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20020719-90562710.htm

alkemical
07-21-2002, 12:28 AM
Well, that's good, i'm glad public pressure put that out! :)

alkemical
07-21-2002, 10:25 PM
We need to get rid of Tom Ridge...

Read this (http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitle=Top%20World%20News&s1=blk,&s2=ad_ right1_windex&tp=ad_topright_topworld&refer=topwor ld&T=markets_box.ht&bt=ad_position1_windex&box=ad_ box_all&tag=worldnews&middle=ad_frame2_windex&s=AP TrdBBYBVS5TLiBT)

07/21 12:10
U.S. Should Consider Giving Military Arrest Powers, Ridge Says
By Alex Canizares

Washington, July 21 (Bloomberg) -- The government should consider reversing a more than a century of tradition and law to give the military authority to make arrests and fire their weapons on U.S. soil in the event of a terrorist attack, Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge said.

clarkster
07-23-2002, 12:52 PM
hell yeah, im all about some **** like that. seriously though, its not as bad as you people are making it out. theres alot of us out there mingling with the public, and its not like we stand out, so it could be a good idea.on another note, mock is a mook.

beerman
07-23-2002, 12:55 PM
What up Clarkster.

I got a couple of new scoots

clarkster
07-23-2002, 12:58 PM
excellent, im actually thinking about selling mine as i wont be riding it much the next year anyways.i know you went 4 stroke right?

beerman
07-23-2002, 12:59 PM
Nope, I got another RM 250 and a DRZ 125 for my wife.  I have actually thought about getting a DRZ 400 though.  I have been too busy to keep up with what is going on here.  Why are you not going to ride for a year?

Alkazar
07-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Whoops, I'm slippin. This got to page two before I caught it..... ::)

Alkazar
07-25-2002, 02:37 PM
As we roll out the welcome mat to Michael Sinclair and the Swedish kicker (so I forgot his name....sue me), we must also send out our condolences to the Elway family. Just remember John, the Neck Pony Nation will always be your surrogate family as well. We feel for you Bro.

watermock
07-25-2002, 09:55 PM
I have a classic black 74 CB360 complete with pipes, sissy bar and footpegs sitting in storage in Iowa. It runs perfect.

It's pretty cool.

http://www.vjmw.org/tests/cb360troyce.jpg

Mine even has the c.h.i.p.s. windhield if I want to put it on.

clarkster
07-26-2002, 07:34 PM
beer, ill be heading out to sea pretty much for the next 4 years(off and on) so i wont be getting much time to ride.

clarkster
07-26-2002, 07:35 PM
btw, who the **** are all these new people? ???

clarkster
07-29-2002, 01:22 PM
WTF!?!

Alkazar
07-29-2002, 01:52 PM
Hey Clarkster, whats been happenin! Thanks for bringin the NPN thread from wherever it got to. I disappear for the weekend and it disappears into the back pages... ::)

kojak
07-29-2002, 02:01 PM
Newbies?

Can't talk for the others, but thought I'd check this forum out.  I came from the Broncos forum from RMN.  They changed the format, so I thought to give this one a try.  

NPN!

kojak
07-29-2002, 02:04 PM
There were some real quality fans from the other Forum.  Might see a few more from RMN.

kojak
07-29-2002, 02:10 PM
So far , enjoying the comments and all the different options.  

alkemical
07-29-2002, 02:23 PM
hey kojak welcome to the board, i'm one of the vets on the board, have been here about 2 weeks after TJ started this....welcome aboard...

shiva2999
07-29-2002, 02:27 PM
This is my baby. A red '98 honda vtr 1000 with Hindle pipes.

Harpo
07-29-2002, 07:16 PM
You guys are killing me.  I just sold my 99 Yamaha Roadstar.  That bike absolutely rocked. :-[  

EngSetFran
07-29-2002, 07:23 PM
Are there no Harley people around here?

Sassy
07-29-2002, 07:33 PM
NPN ROCKS!

Bronco Yoda
07-30-2002, 02:18 AM
...sequeing from favorite rides into moving violations & parking tickets...

The other day i caught a quick blurb on tv about the many countries who owe us MILLIONS of dollars in automobile fines. Seems that the middle eastern countries are among the absolute worst. Even though parking violations are not covered under "diplomatic immunity" our government sees fit to not collect these fines.

Guess it's ok for Sheik I-have-extra-Brillions-to-support-my-local-america-hating-terrorist-group  to get away with not Paying "us" our govt.  for breaking our laws on our soil.

.....Think about that the next time you pay a parking ticket..... >:(

GloryMule
07-30-2002, 05:06 PM
Yea I saw a deal on one of the news programs last year that a foreign diplomat, I think he was Russian, rammed an american girl's car in front of their embassy and because he was a diplomat he got off scot free.  I think the girl was even injured if I remember correctly.

alkemical
07-31-2002, 01:23 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-07-31-van-crash_x.htm

Chicago men die after 'brutal beat-down'

CHICAGO (AP) Two men whose van jumped a curb and crashed into pedestrians died after an angry mob pulled them from the van and beat them with bricks, witnesses and police said.

Authorities had not yet established a cause of death for the men, Jack Moore, 62, and Anthony Stuckey, 49, both of Chicago. But witness Taquita Mixon said both collapsed to the ground when they were attacked after the crash Tuesday.

"They hit them with bricks that came off the side of the building," Mixon told the Chicago Tribune. "They didn't have a chance. It was a brutal beat-down."

watermock
08-01-2002, 11:03 AM
Cause of death: Bricks to head.

Or how about "Blunt Force Trauma"

That is amusing. Cause of death unknown.

I was thinking about buying my own widowmaker:

http://crater.nationalgeographic.com/k19/images/sov1_large.jpg

On sale at your local wal-mart.

cameronca
08-02-2002, 03:26 PM
Cause of death: Bricks to head.

Or how about "Blunt Force Trauma"

That is amusing. Cause of death unknown.

I was thinking about buying my own widowmaker:

http://crater.nationalgeographic.com/k19/images/sov1_large.jpg

On sale at your local wal-mart.

Hey watch what you call those Mock that's what I live on most of the year....their called sewer pipes!  ;D

Taco John
08-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Congrats on 7200 Blue!

BlueHeeler
08-05-2002, 01:39 PM
Congrats on 7200 Blue!

Huh?

Midnight Blue
08-05-2002, 02:17 PM
Congrats on 7200 Blue!

Thanks, TJ!! :D :rainbow: :cheers: 8)

watermock
08-05-2002, 05:07 PM
For a broad, Blueflame has uncommon intelligence and Bronco knowlege.

I figured ND would have her legs around that chat room by now, but its empty...

Where is she blue?

watermock
08-05-2002, 05:09 PM
I guess I passed 7000...I am working on some real estate...don't make mock sell cars again...

Taco John
08-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Wow Mock!

7000 Posts!

That's a lot!

watermock
08-05-2002, 05:13 PM
more like embarrasing.

put me back down...please...

Midnight Blue
08-05-2002, 05:23 PM
LOL Thanks for the compliment, 'Mock!  :giggle:

Right now, I'd guess that ND and her Dad are probably on a boat in the middle of a lake with a fishing rod in one hand and a cold beer in the other... taking some well-deserved R&R....

BTW....

Congratulations on Post #7000!!!

Alkazar
08-05-2002, 05:29 PM
Think I'll add to Mock's embarassment by adding my congrats as well  ;D heh, heh.

Wow, in the middle of a lake, fishin pole in one hand and a cold beer in the other. Sounds like heaven to me....

BlueHeeler
08-05-2002, 05:29 PM
Damn, that's alot! Congrats!  :o

Midnight Blue
08-05-2002, 11:35 PM
I think ND will be back around on Sunday or perhaps Monday. Hope she's having lots and lots of fun. :D

Only 5 more days till we get an idea of how this season will go....

Go Broncos!!!!

iowa broncofan
08-05-2002, 11:49 PM
I suppose I'll work on getting 2000 and go back into hibernation for the school year again...

Taco John
08-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Shoot...  You'll have that by the end of the week the way you're going... ;)

iowa broncofan
08-05-2002, 11:57 PM
If the baby doesn't fall asleep for good, I might have it by morning. ;)

iowa broncofan
08-06-2002, 12:07 AM
Trying to find a way to slip an Orwell reference into my 1984th post. Unsuccessfully, I might add.

"All QBs are equal in preseason, but some QBs are more equal than others..."

I'm telling you, this baby-induced-sleep-deprivation is starting to get to me.

Taco John
08-06-2002, 12:20 AM
too funny...

Midnight Blue
08-06-2002, 12:55 AM
My sympathies, Iowa. I can relate because I've been there and done that (baby-induced sleep deprivation) a time or two. It will get better as she gets a bit older....

watermock
08-06-2002, 04:06 AM
"All QBs are equal in preseason, but some QBs are more equal than others..."

Animal Farm=Training Camp

good stuff. Lets hope there isn't a revolution in Greeley like the one we saw last week in whine country.

clarkster
08-06-2002, 11:14 AM
what the hell happened to the site?

Taco John
08-06-2002, 11:18 AM
heheh...

Just a couple expiremental changes...   ;)

See This Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=News;action=display;num=1028561786)

clarkster
08-06-2002, 11:19 AM
its all good. alot of new folks here.

clarkster
08-06-2002, 11:19 AM
i really like this quick reply box

iowa broncofan
08-06-2002, 11:43 AM
Yes. Quick reply box is gooooooood. Especially for slow, weak-ass computers that are about to die like mine.

If I disappear for a few weeks altogether, my computer had an aneurysm.

Sassy
08-06-2002, 11:52 AM
I think ND will be back around on Sunday or perhaps Monday. Hope she's having lots and lots of fun. :D

Only 5 more days till we get an idea of how this season will go....

Go Broncos!!!!

Hi All...Just checking in...Fishing, I wish.  It's been raining, cold and windy :'(

Midnight Blue
08-06-2002, 11:58 AM
Hi, ND... sorry to hear the weather's been uncooperative. We've also had another of those temperature swings, taking us right back into 'sweatshirt weather'... but it's supposed to be back in the 90's by the weekend. :o

Good Job, TJ!!!!

I love the 'quick reply' box... :thumbsup: :cheers: :rainbow:

Sassy
08-06-2002, 12:02 PM
Hi, ND... sorry to hear the weather's been uncooperative. We've also had another of those temperature swings, taking us right back into 'sweatshirt weather'... but it's supposed to be back in the 90's by the weekend. :o

Good Job, TJ!!!!

I love the 'quick reply' box... :thumbsup: :cheers: :rainbow:
Hi Blue!  Yeah, no fishing :'( My parents just went to the airport to pick up my sister (2 hours away) so I'm messing around on dad's computer.  What did I miss here?  Looks like TJ's been busy! Where's the quick reply?

Midnight Blue
08-06-2002, 12:09 PM
With the reply box at the bottom of the page, you don't have to click on "reply" and wait for another page to load! :D  With the long threads like this one, it saves a ton of time!!

It's good that you can drop by to visit... as you can see, you've been missed! :-)

The changes include the reply box, the topic icons, and the chat room is ready to use again... although right now, I'm still not able to use it... I get a message that says my browser's not Javascript-enabled... I'm not tech-savvy enough to know if I can change that or if I'm just out of luck, but I'm going to be looking into it to see if there's a way to fix it so I can participate in Chat... it sucks being "left out"... ;D ;D ;D

Sassy
08-06-2002, 12:14 PM
This is cool 8) Hopefully, you can use the chat room....Without going through all the threads, what's been happening with the Broncos?  

Midnight Blue
08-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Some of our guys have been dinged... Desmond Clark has a broken arm, Portis slightly injured his ankle, Eddie Mac is a bit sore from 9 days of hard work, of course, we waived Rob Moore.... Ashley Lelie may be able to participate in drills today... the media is trying to create a QB controversy based on Shanahan's comment that nobody's job is guaranteed (and the source was AP, not Schefter!!! :o).

Sassy
08-06-2002, 12:26 PM
Some of our guys have been dinged... Desmond Clark has a broken arm, Portis slightly injured his ankle, Eddie Mac is a bit sore from 9 days of hard work, of course, we waived Rob Moore.... Ashley Lelie may be able to participate in drills today... the media is trying to create a QB controversy based on Shanahan's comment that nobody's job is guaranteed (and the source was AP, not Schefter!!! :o).

Thanks for the update!  Much quicker than reading through all the threads.  How did Clark break his arm?  I don't remember who posted it, but we don't seem to be hurting as much as some other teams.  I also noticed on KFFL a lot of injuries that were worse than what the Broncos have...I think we'll be fine.

Midnight Blue
08-06-2002, 12:36 PM
He hyperextended it in practice... initially it wasn't thought to be so serious, but now he's expected to be out for 3-4 weeks. Here's a link to the story in the DPO...

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E86%257E776367%257E,00.html

watermock
08-06-2002, 12:40 PM
Gary busted it helping on a block. He should be ready to go by the opener, but he was supposed to snap.

We have to have someone to snap. I dunno if Lepsis is up to it. I would hate to bring in Diaz again and lose a young gun on the OL.

I am thinking Hamilton. why can't he snap?

Midnight Blue
08-06-2002, 12:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Teague used to be one of our long-snappers... I think it's relatively new duty for Clark, too. I don't think he has any more experience at it than Lepsis... I agree that Hamilton might be a good choice to learn, though.

Midnight Blue
08-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Congratulations on Post #2000, Iowa!!!!

:thumbsup: :cheers: :rainbow:

BlueHeeler
08-06-2002, 03:59 PM

Sassy
08-06-2002, 06:53 PM

DITTO! ;D

Alkazar
08-06-2002, 06:56 PM
DITTO! ;D

I'll ditto her ditto, Iowa. Congrats....

Sassy
08-06-2002, 07:01 PM
and Congrats to you, too, Blue!

Hey, Does anyone know how that kid that was carted off the field last night for the Texans is doing?

iowa broncofan
08-06-2002, 11:43 PM
He's walking, I read somewhere.

Thanks for the congrats, ladies and gent. I couldn't have done it without :cheers:

Midnight Blue
08-07-2002, 03:05 AM
and Congrats to you, too, Blue!

Hey, Does anyone know how that kid that was carted off the field last night for the Texans is doing?

Thanks, ND! :D

Sportscenter said he was going to be OK... his spinal cord was just bruised. That was a very scary thing, though. :o :o

Midnight Blue
08-08-2002, 03:54 AM
Yikes... the Neck Pony thread was on Page 2!!

Go Broncos!!!

Alkazar
08-09-2002, 11:06 AM
I think we have too many threads on BG and the Faiders....I keep finding this on page two when the last post was only recently made. I guess we'll have to work harder to keep this on page one???

alkemical
08-09-2002, 12:06 PM
personally i just wish we had one QB thread and be done with it

clarkster
08-09-2002, 12:10 PM
make it so TJ

alkemical
08-09-2002, 12:11 PM
*poof*

Alkazar
08-09-2002, 03:15 PM
Ala-kazzaam, ala-kazar....oops, wait a minute, thats not how it goes....gotta check my spell book again....

BlueHeeler
08-09-2002, 03:29 PM
This blank post is intentional.

Alkazar
08-09-2002, 07:53 PM
Hey folks, it's after 5:00PM and I'm back on the board! That's right..I finally got a decent 'puter at home so I can sit and chat with you all after work and not run the risk of getting fired from my job! :thumbsup: (of course I'll probably still post from work as well, too :devil: ) The link up seems to be a bit slower than at work which probably has something to do with the fact that they don't offer broadband in my neck of the woods (I recently moved to Castle Rock, CO) yet, but hey, I can live with it for now.... ;D

Midnight Blue
08-09-2002, 08:04 PM
:cheers: Awesome, Alkazar!

Argh! What a disgusting sight... Jerry Jones and Al Davis shown on TV within a half-minute span...  my eyes hurt now!!!!

Alkazar
08-09-2002, 08:07 PM
Man, since I already wear glasses, if I saw that, I'd probably go crosseyed or blind!!!

Midnight Blue
08-09-2002, 08:14 PM
LOL Less than 4 minutes into their first preseason game and the Faid has already been called for a personal foul. rofl

And the Cowgirls will score a FG... drawing first blood. :giggle:

Alkazar
08-09-2002, 08:19 PM
Heh heh, how typical.......

Hey TJ, I'm not sure whats happening but, the main thread screen isn't automatically updating when I return to it after reading a thread. I have to refresh it everytime. I'm using MSN dialup service for access. Does this have anything to do with it?

Midnight Blue
08-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Wow... Gannon actually threw a 35-yard pass... to Porter... the Faid have good field position... if they don't choke... ;D

Janobrewski ties the game.... :P

Chubby
08-09-2002, 08:27 PM
Heh heh, how typical.......

Hey TJ, I'm not sure whats happening but, the main thread screen isn't automatically updating when I return to it after reading a thread. I have to refresh it everytime. I'm using MSN dialup service for access. Does this have anything to do with it?
I have msn and I have to do the  same thing! Bill Gates is F***kin with ussssss! :devil: Ha! :giggle:

Alkazar
08-09-2002, 08:40 PM
Well, at least I'm not the only one then, I guess......hopefully TJ can let us know how to clear up the problem....

Chubby
08-09-2002, 08:52 PM
;DYeah' yeah

Taco John
08-10-2002, 12:52 AM
Try this...

Tools >> Internet Options >> Settings...

Where it says "check for newer versions of stored pages" try both "Automatically" and "Every visit to the page." I believe one of the two should clear the problem up... I'm set to "automatically" and I have no problems...

Let me know if it works...  :)

alkemical
08-11-2002, 12:43 AM
yeah cuz i have MSN and do not have that problem -

GO NPN!

Chubby
08-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Try this...

Tools >> Internet Options >> Settings...

Where it says "check for newer versions of stored pages" try both "Automatically" and "Every visit to the page." I believe one of the two should clear the problem up... I'm set to "automatically" and I have no problems...

Let me know if it works... :)TJ, I have windows XP! I had to click on my computer, then click on network and internet connections,then it asks to pick a task? Pick setup or change internet connections. THENNNN! click on settings where it will say automatically detect settings, check the box and move to the OK button and close ;D     It also asked "use automatic configuration script" ??? What the heck is that! I even have use a proxy server for this connection ???   Am I playing with the forces of evil :shocked: :giggle:? j/k

Alkazar
08-11-2002, 09:12 PM
Cool, I got that problem corrected. had to go to the Control Panel and choose Internet Options. This brought up the Internet Properties window. Then I clicked on the settings button for Temporary Internet Files under the General tab. I then selected "Every visit to the page" under Check for newer versions of stored pages. This cleared it up for me since I'm still running Windows98. Hopefully these instructions will help anyone else with this problem. As far as my issue with the Chat room, I was looking at my profile and realized my email address was still from my old job and was no longer valid. I hav updated it to my current email address at home. Hopefully this will clear up that problem as well. I'll have to check it out next Monday night.

Sassy
08-11-2002, 09:15 PM
I have msn...and I don't seem to be having any problems???

Alkazar
08-11-2002, 09:19 PM
Apparently it's not an MSN problem but rather just a setting on the computer itself. I got it straightened out "with a little bit of help from my friends". ;D :pimp: ;)

iowa broncofan
08-11-2002, 10:51 PM
Try throwing it out the window... seemed to work for Garcia. LOL

Alkazar
08-11-2002, 11:45 PM
LOL LOL :bangin: :bangin:

Alkazar
08-13-2002, 01:28 AM
Whoops, better get this back on page one. TD needs the mojo.....

GO BRONCOS!!!

BuhdathaShooda
08-13-2002, 02:49 PM
proxy[/center]

i thought you got dial up?

Chubby
08-13-2002, 07:35 PM
i thought you got dial up?

I do! I was just quoting the other options it offered on the same page under internet settings. I didn't even know what is was till you aked this question :D

alkemical
08-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Top it off

Bronco Nole
08-14-2002, 12:23 AM
Good idea
A far better alternative to what is currently burning up the board  >:(

By the way, this is my first post in this thread
Greets to you Neck Pony Nation folk  ;D

alkemical
08-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Since you are new bronconole i'm sure you probably haven't heard the legend of the Neck Poney Nation thread......

It was started way back before i know, but the latest version was started in '98 after the 2G losing skid took effect.....

The term Neck Pony was coined actually by a raider fan, who is gutless and a coward called 'black hole'....

Since then the thread has survied over at the DPO, it's kinda like the originator for the most of the originals here at this board.  I started at the DPO, i ran into TJ at the DPO, etc...

Such the Neck Poney name isn't a name that is something to be taken with shame, but instead hold your neck poney high!

GO BRONCOS!

Bronco Nole
08-14-2002, 12:41 AM
Is it just me or does the term "Neck Pony" sound like a sentimental nickname for our favorite part of the male anatomy? :o
Ironic that its origin would come out of Chokeland
The only other good thing to come out of there was "Darrell Russell Presents: Groupies Gone Wild" 8)

alkemical
08-14-2002, 12:52 AM
lol, asking why a nickname sounds like that come from *ahem* CHOKEland...  :P

Robb
08-14-2002, 01:36 PM
http://www.thespark.com/tardtest/

BuhdathaShooda
08-14-2002, 01:41 PM
Too $hort is from oakland he is the greatest....
but he wasnt born there

Bronco Nole
08-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Too $hort is cool, one of the original rap players  8)
Another thing from Chokeland that I just thought of is Luniz
I don't know about the rest of their music, but "I Got 5 On It" will always be played in my car  ;D

alkemical
08-14-2002, 01:49 PM
"got rugburns on my knees make the **** say please"

i got a few too $hort albums

BuhdathaShooda
08-14-2002, 01:51 PM
too $hort is the original mac he's been rappin since like 1980 talkin about bitches

the originator of biiaaaatch

alkemical
08-14-2002, 01:53 PM
Yep i don't listen to alot of rap, but i did listen to Too $hort, Tribe Called Quest, black eyed peas, of course Dre & Snoop (doggystyle is my fav snoop album - just dig doggydog world)

Had some other hard stuff before i moved over to metal

BuhdathaShooda
08-14-2002, 01:53 PM
I rap

watermock
08-14-2002, 01:54 PM
"I got me a starters pistol and da alter-nata off da caa, don't mess with me"...the ant.

Don't make me call Snoop on yo asses.

BuhdathaShooda
08-14-2002, 01:55 PM
i got a cd and everything its just some local type **** though throughout my town

alkemical
08-14-2002, 02:01 PM
like curb freestylers?  I saw some in philly selling demo tapes a few times... some of those guys got the real skills... and some guys aren't just about the bling & the flash... some of those guys write about social issues going on with the country, etc...  pretty slick if ya ask me

Bronco Nole
08-14-2002, 02:12 PM
The coolest thing I have seen lately are those freestyle competitions on The Source
Rap City on BET also has some underground every now and then
This is where a lot of guys get their starts
I have seen both Eminem and DMX on there, so you know that these guys had to work their ways up from the just rapping on the street corners to going platinum
The best thing to spot the new kats is to get your hands on some mixtapes, local or otherwise
Oh, and by the way, you are talking to the afficionado of rap  8)

BuhdathaShooda
08-14-2002, 02:54 PM
yea i know a lot about computers so i just use programs on there and the burner to make the CD...me and my dude dont talk about all that flashy **** either but we dont talk about worldy problems either we are just downright nasty like we've gotten death threats for cappin rhymes at people and everyone's parents hate us haha it's cool

alkemical
08-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Nole,

I stopped being into the rap scene somewhere in '96 ish i think it was, i had always listened to most anything and still will listen to some rap, but it's gotta be good and not the recycled i got cash & mercedez raps all the time...

That's why i dug tribe & guru, etc....

BuhdathaShooda
08-14-2002, 03:34 PM
i hear you

Bronco Nole
08-14-2002, 05:26 PM
Oh I more than feel you ames
Nobody is more dissatisfied with the rap game nowadays than I am
It almost seems that can separate it into the "I am going to murder you and all your manz too" East Coast rap, the "Let's get crunk" dirty South rap, and the "Check all my b*tches and hoes" West Coast rap, with a little intermingling within
You know how sad things are getting when Nelly and Ja Rule, two of the fakest rappers in the game, are pushing the most units
Even my boy Nas, one of the greatest street poets of the early 90's, is going commercial now too
When I saw him in that music video with Jennifer Lopez I had a permanent frown plastered on my face  :-/
Even with that as it is, there are plenty of artists that are not to be slept on
Aceyalone, Nappy Roots, Dilated Peoples, the Root, Common, Afu-Ra, Pharoah Monche. . .these guys get no credit, but they have at least 10 times the lyricism of people that are going multi-platinum
The most saddening thing of all is for me to be driving and some white guy with bleached hair pulls up next to me blaring Eminem, the very same Eminem who barbecues the "White America" that listens to him and tries to emulate and emphasize with him, and then gives me some kind of a head nod and says "Word"
I agree with you that rap is getting sad, but the community that spawned it might be getting even sadder
Geez, I am only 18 but sometimes I feel like some wizened old-timer  ???
Blah, I could go on for this all day

SJ Bronco
08-14-2002, 05:36 PM
I hear you ames. Nothing original comming from the new katz these days. I get tired of the next #1 hit, "the same ol' crap" by Mc Wack attack. Hip hop is gone downhill since the mid 90's. Nothing is about the music anymore. Its kinda depressing that our generation spent all that time gaining acceptance for hip hop and then the new katz just run with it, making pop hop. Drop me some E-40 anyday. At least he still drops some mad beats behind that original flow.

Bronco Nole
08-14-2002, 05:41 PM
Drop me some E-40 anyday

Have you heard anything off his new album "Grit N' Grind" SJ?
That album is seeing some heavy rotation in my CD player  ;)
Piiiiiiiimps, hustlas  ;D

SJ Bronco
08-14-2002, 05:46 PM
I got about every track he's dropped. I think his hottest track still is "pop your collar" and running right behind it would be the "To whom this may concern" wich blasts about everyone out on top these days. But yeah, the new Album is getting seriouse heat. Of course im from the yeah-o so he gets love from here right from the start.

Alkazar
08-14-2002, 11:49 PM
Screw all this Rap crap, just give me some sweet ol' Country music!!!

Robb
08-15-2002, 09:31 AM
All my rowdy girl friends have settled down, and it's all I can do to wipe away my frown, I'm not lying, I'm crying, and if you don't call me, babby I'll be dying...

alkemical
08-15-2002, 01:24 PM
for me that's pretty much it, then when i started writing - i had to write about what i knew, and rap didn't fit it.  That's when i got into rock/metal... I had always listened to old stuff like CCR/Zep/Sabbath then i got into pantera, megadeth, korn (the 1st korn album) (yeah i know quite a turn) but really those guys that are true to their medium speak of real life that i could then releate too.  

I couldn't relate to pimpin and bustin' caps...  That's why i still listen to tribe - just about life in the city....

BuhdathaShooda
08-15-2002, 01:40 PM
yea that's why my raps are different i dont talk about the **** everyone else yaps about but i just rap what i know when it comes to freestylin though i've said a lot of fake ****

defenseman
08-15-2002, 01:55 PM
RAP? What's that?............dman

Paulie Emm
08-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Almost anything that invloves Dre is good for me.

Ever hear of a rapper named Choclair?

BuhdathaShooda
08-15-2002, 02:48 PM
dman im not gonna answer that because im sure you have an insult lined up alreayd that you thought about earlier or somethin

choclair sounds familiar but no i dont think so

BuhdathaShooda
08-15-2002, 02:51 PM
why isnt this topic in the ring of fame i dont care that much i was just curious...

Midnight Blue
08-15-2002, 03:04 PM
Tradition holds that this thread has to be on the main board, Page 1, and near the top to ensure good luck for the team. :D ;D :P

BlueHeeler
08-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Was this thread that way last year?  :P

Nute 7
08-15-2002, 03:41 PM
Might as well be in the Neck Pony Nation!!!

Chubby
08-15-2002, 04:22 PM
Might as well be in the Neck Pony Nation!!!

Congrats Nute! :hooray:I talk to ya later!  Tonight I'm going to see TOOL  ;D Yeah

Bronco Nole
08-15-2002, 04:34 PM
That's cool
I went to see a Tool concert a couple of weeks ago in July
The band that they had opening for them was wild too, but the name escapes me
There was so much stuff going around you would think that it was a drug convention though  :o