PDA

View Full Version : Friday injury updates - Knowshon and Harris out

BigPlayShay
09-24-2010, 10:09 AM
MaxBroncos: Ryan Harris and Knowshon Moreno will not play Sunday. #Broncos

MaxBroncos: Knowshon Moreno "sustained a little something he will not be able to play through this week," McDaniels said. #Broncos

MaxBroncos: CBs Goodman & Bailey will practice today. Re: Sunday - McDaniels is "hopeful ... but I'm not going to say everything is perfect." #Broncos

MaxBroncos: McDaniels expects recently acquired RBs Laurence Maroney & Andre Brown to be able to contribute Sunday w/ Moreno out. #Broncos

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-24-2010, 10:10 AM
What the mother f?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2010, 10:11 AM
What the WHAT? Did Moreno miss practice at all this week prior to today?

crush17
09-24-2010, 10:11 AM
what the hell....

Rabb
09-24-2010, 10:13 AM
I hate this season, I really do

and no that is not me giving up, we just cannot seem to catch a break here and it is frustrating

oh well, Go Broncos...do it for #11

Los Broncos
09-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I hate this season, I really do

and no that is not me giving up, we just cannot seem to catch a break here and it is frustrating

oh well, Go Broncos...do it for #11

Hater

Bronco Yoda
09-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Knowshon Moreno "sustained a little something he will not be able to play through this week," McDaniels said. #Broncos

What is this code for? Sand in the Vajaja?

Mr.Meanie
09-24-2010, 10:33 AM
I just went and picked up LoMo in all my ff leagues. #MaxBroncos better not be screwing around

Kaylore
09-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Rest everyone. It's not like the outcome is going to change if they play and I'd rather have them all year than limping around game to game.

Sir_Robin
09-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Damn! Do we have anyone on the roster that can even come close to his 2.8 yards per carry average? This sucks.

Chris
09-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Rest everyone. It's not like the outcome is going to change if they play and I'd rather have them all year than limping around game to game.

Come on. Defeatism sends a bad message to the team.

LetsGoBroncos
09-24-2010, 10:43 AM
This is getting ridiculous. How can a team have this many injuries, even when everything seems to be fine?

I find it funny that so many people bag on Moreno and then when he is hurt everyone freaks out.

Bronco Yoda
09-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Or perhaps people are freaking out that he's always hurt. See what I did there...

LetsGoBroncos
09-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Good point

bowtown
09-24-2010, 10:49 AM
In other news, I'm pretty excited to get a look at Brown and Maroney.

Kaylore
09-24-2010, 10:51 AM

It's ok. I didn't tell them.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-24-2010, 10:53 AM
This will be the 1st regular season game he'll miss.

baja
09-24-2010, 10:55 AM
"A little something" ???

baja
09-24-2010, 10:56 AM
I thought this was a perfect game for his break out game.

Where does this info come from.

NFLBRONCO
09-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Moreno is a p***y

SonOfLe-loLang
09-24-2010, 11:01 AM
It's ok. I didn't tell them.

You clearly have never read "The Secret" :charge:

Baba Booey
09-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Great.

Yeah, "a little something", McDaniels.

What the ****ing ****

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Glazer saying hamstring likely again. Might be bad enough to linger until next week as well.

PRBronco
09-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Knowshon Moreno "sustained a little something he will not be able to play through this week," McDaniels said. #Broncos

Seriously, my first thought was weiner injury.

MABroncoFan
09-24-2010, 11:06 AM
rotoworld.com
ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms that Knowshon Moreno was injured in Friday morning's practice, causing him to be ruled out for Week 3.

Moreno's injury still hasn't been disclosed by the secretive Broncos, but they'll have to put something on record when they issue their injury report later today. Moreno owners should move quickly to add Laurence Maroney.
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

gyldenlove
09-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Did he sprain his vag?

MABroncoFan
09-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Glazer saying hamstring likely again. Might be bad enough to linger until next week as well.

If it's the hammy again, this could linger all year. We'll see what Maroney and Brown can provide. Good thing they are healthy just in time for this week.

Rohirrim
09-24-2010, 11:11 AM

I think "little something" is a code word for "I'm going to trade his ass." ;D

Rulon Velvet Jones
Glazer updating, says he's hearing it was the other hammy now.

OBF1
(KFFL) Updating a previous report, Denver Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) apparently pulled his hamstring during practice Friday, Sept. 24, reports FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer. The injury will cause him to miss Week 3 and may put his Week 4 status in jeopardy.

crush17
09-24-2010, 11:13 AM
heal up Knowshon.

lets do this Maroney & Brown

MABroncoFan
09-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Now he can be hobbled evenly

baja
09-24-2010, 11:14 AM
I was concerned when he was still the workhorse when the game was in hand last week. Same with Orton, missed a perfect time to get snaps for Tebow.

Resting players when the opportunity presents itself is possibly something McD needs to consider more carefully. We have a beat up team and we are only two games into a long season.

I'm beginning to suspect McD is a balls to the wall take no prisoners kind of guy, hope I'm wrong.

Drek
09-24-2010, 11:15 AM
It really is easy tell people who have a clue apart from those who don't around here. Just get their take on Moreno. All you'll need to know 99% of the time.

BlaK-Argentina
09-24-2010, 11:20 AM
It really is easy tell people who have a clue apart from those who don't around here. Just get their take on Moreno. All you'll need to know 99% of the time.

:approve: ^5

Rabb
09-24-2010, 11:24 AM
(KFFL) Updating a previous report, Denver Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) apparently pulled his hamstring during practice Friday, Sept. 24, reports FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer. The injury will cause him to miss Week 3 and may put his Week 4 status in jeopardy.

for ****'s sake man

we really need to do something about all the soft tissue bull**** that we seem to never avoid

it's not a bag on Moreno, but there is clearly a training issue here

eddie mac
09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm more worried about Harris. How many games has he missed since he came here???

bowtown
09-24-2010, 11:36 AM
If a player is listed as Out on Friday, can he be upgraded before the game on Sunday?

baja
09-24-2010, 11:39 AM
If a player is listed as Out on Friday, can he be upgraded before the game on Sunday?
I had the same thought or should I say hope.

Drek
09-24-2010, 11:53 AM

He isn't listed as "out" of anything except practice as of now. The injury reports come out soon and that is the time when some disclosure must be given.

But he'll likely be listed as "questionable" and remain as such the rest of his career. Tom Brady has been on the injury report for the Pats almost since he first became the starter.

Drek
09-24-2010, 11:57 AM
for ****'s sake man

we really need to do something about all the soft tissue bull**** that we seem to never avoid

it's not a bag on Moreno, but there is clearly a training issue here

Yes there is. When we fired Shanahan I was hoping some changes on that side of the organization would be made as well, but to this point they have not.

The Broncos should have a big home field advantage, but instead our guys get gassed just as quickly in thin air. Every year we lose guys to muscle tissue injuries. Hamstrings are easily the #1 indicator of poor all around conditioning because the stronger a player makes the muscles the more likely he is to pull them if he's not stretching them well enough. That is a trainer's responsibility.

Serious issues on the medical side of the organization that have persisted for years. I can't help but feel that somehow this is a Bowlen/Ellis thing and McDaniels isn't able to change it. If we don't make wholesale changes after this season that would seem all but confirmed.

Beantown Bronco
09-24-2010, 12:04 PM
I agree that there seems to be a training issue that has gone back quite some time, but the one thing that always struck me as odd was Ashley Lelie. He had chronic hammy issues in college, but once he got to Denver? Not one issue.

baja
09-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes there is. When we fired Shanahan I was hoping some changes on that side of the organization would be made as well, but to this point they have not.

The Broncos should have a big home field advantage, but instead our guys get gassed just as quickly in thin air. Every year we lose guys to muscle tissue injuries. Hamstrings are easily the #1 indicator of poor all around conditioning because the stronger a player makes the muscles the more likely he is to pull them if he's not stretching them well enough. That is a trainer's responsibility.

Serious issues on the medical side of the organization that have persisted for years. I can't help but feel that somehow this is a Bowlen/Ellis thing and McDaniels isn't able to change it. If we don't make wholesale changes after this season that would seem all but confirmed.

McD was approached about bringing in a yoga instructor for this type of conditioning and he po poed the idea. I was very disappointed when I read that. Yoga is the best exercise one can do for stretching, flexibility and range of motion.

Big Mistake Josh!

Popps
09-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Again... why not disclose an injury?

baja
09-24-2010, 12:16 PM

Maybe a "little something" is not an injury.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-24-2010, 12:16 PM

You know they'll come out and call it a "lower body injury".

Rohirrim
09-24-2010, 12:18 PM
McD was approached about bringing in a yoga instructor for this type of conditioning and he po poed the idea. I was very disappointed when I read that. Yoga is the best exercise one can do for stretching, flexibility and range of motion.

Big Mistake Josh!

Kareem Abdul Jabbar was a yogi and his long career and very low record of injuries is a testament to its effect. Why more sports professionals don't do it is a mystery.

baja
09-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Kareem Abdul Jabbar was a yogi and his long career and very low record of injuries is a testament to its effect. Why more sports professionals don't do it is a mystery.

Huge Huge Mistake.

I can only think the oversight is Testosterone related.

cutthemdown
09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
I was concerned when he was still the workhorse when the game was in hand last week. Same with Orton, missed a perfect time to get snaps for Tebow.

Resting players when the opportunity presents itself is possibly something McD needs to consider more carefully. We have a beat up team and we are only two games into a long season.

I'm beginning to suspect McD is a balls to the wall take no prisoners kind of guy, hope I'm wrong.

Sorry but football isn't a sport where you can coddle and baby players to keep them healthy. Kubiak says houston better this yr because he went to a physical hitting camp that had them ready to play. Injuries happen randomly. Sometimes though they happen over and over to players who have a problem. Obviously Moreno has a huge hammy problem. Going on his 2nd yr of it now. If he doesn't get healthy and finish season strong he won't be in Broncos future plans. They will move on and start drafting running backs.

Harvitz81
09-24-2010, 01:02 PM

Big Mistake Josh!

I agree. Yoga is so good for you and can help to prevent all these ****ing hamstring issues. When I used to do Yoga on a regular basis I never felt better and was the most flexible I'd been in my life.

How many ****ing hamstring issues does this team have to have before they realize it is a training issue???

PRBronco
09-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Sorry but football isn't a sport where you can coddle and baby players to keep them healthy. Kubiak says houston better this yr because he went to a physical hitting camp that had them ready to play. Injuries happen randomly. Sometimes though they happen over and over to players who have a problem. Obviously Moreno has a huge hammy problem. Going on his 2nd yr of it now. If he doesn't get healthy and finish season strong he won't be in Broncos future plans. They will move on and start drafting running backs.

He had a hammy issue last year?

Br0nc0Buster
09-24-2010, 01:11 PM

he had a knee sprain last year, not a hammy

Drek
09-24-2010, 02:03 PM
He had a hammy issue last year?

No, he had an MCL sprain last year. This is the first time he's had an issue with a hamstring.

In some ways its a blessing that this is a pull of his left hamstring, after partially tearing his right in camp. A week or two off to heal the newly injured left will also benefit the right. This isn't a chronic thing where he re-injured the same hamstring.

The concern though is that hamstring injuries are almost always a sign of poor conditioning. Likely a byproduct of him continuing to miss pre-season work. Hopefully the team proceeds cautiously and we get to see a truly 100% Knowshon Moreno later this season.

PRBronco
09-24-2010, 02:09 PM
No, he had an MCL sprain last year. This is the first time he's had an issue with a hamstring.

In some ways its a blessing that this is a pull of his left hamstring, after partially tearing his right in camp. A week or two off to heal the newly injured left will also benefit the right. This isn't a chronic thing where he re-injured the same hamstring.

The concern though is that hamstring injuries are almost always a sign of poor conditioning. Likely a byproduct of him continuing to miss pre-season work. Hopefully the team proceeds cautiously and we get to see a truly 100% Knowshon Moreno later this season.

As I thought! I wish there was a monocle wearing pipe smoking smilie, I could use one right now.

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2010, 02:15 PM
It seems like the reason he's hurt in the first place is because they keep trying to bring him back before he's ready, which is likely to occur again. He's chronically slowed down by nagging injuries and I think that's the reason why.

Rabb
09-24-2010, 02:20 PM
It seems like the reason he's hurt in the first place is because they keep trying to bring him back before he's ready, which is likely to occur again. He's chronically slowed down by nagging injuries and I think that's the reason why.

which, to me, points right back to the training staff

how many guys do we send out that end up being not ready, and hurt again?

gtown
09-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Hammy injuries have a habit of sticking around for a whole season. So hopefully this gives him a bit of rest to get himself right. But honestly though, the more I watch Moreno the more I believe that he is not a difference maker long term. He doesn't have the lateral agility to make people miss, nor does he have the size to really punish defenders. He is an above average RB in the NFL at best. He would be awesome if Invesco field was built West to East, not North to South. With a healthy line and healthy hamstring he could be pretty good though, but that is not a difference maker.

Harris on the other hand is a tragic situation. When he is healthy, he is stellar both in run and pass protection. Get him healthy and get him outta there during the 4th preseason game, McD!! No two bit running back should have the opportunity to run up the back of his legs in a meaningless game.

azbroncfan
09-24-2010, 02:35 PM

So does the Herm Edwards Rah Rah rah all the time. Players quit listening to you after awhile. Be honest like Jeff Fisher has been in the past with his players about playing the Colts.

Kaylore
09-24-2010, 02:41 PM
You clearly have never read "The Secret" :charge:

Its ok. Your magical universe power will undo my negative one!

broncolife
09-24-2010, 03:10 PM
with the amount of money players are being payed they should be stretching in their sleep:)

Drek
09-24-2010, 03:43 PM
which, to me, points right back to the training staff

how many guys do we send out that end up being not ready, and hurt again?

We've got two more to add already after only two weeks of the regular season.

Kuper was put into a pre-season game and then suddenly out for game one. Were the pre-season snaps really necessary?

Ryan Harris was brought back to practice this week and almost as soon as he stepped on the practice field he was back in the training room.

Its a damn shame because we've put together a nice assemblage of talent that fits our game plan quite well. We just need to actually keep them on the field long enough to see what they can do together.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Its ok. Your magical universe power will undo my negative one!

haha...i had to read that bull**** because a girl i was dating kinda forced it on me...and you know how that goes. ugh.

Rock Chalk
09-24-2010, 04:14 PM
haha...i had to read that bull**** because a girl i was dating kinda forced it on me...and you know how that goes. ugh.

No, not really. Then again I have all my man cards.

cutthemdown
09-24-2010, 04:33 PM

Kuper was put into a pre-season game and then suddenly out for game one. Were the pre-season snaps really necessary?

Ryan Harris was brought back to practice this week and almost as soon as he stepped on the practice field he was back in the training room.

Its a damn shame because we've put together a nice assemblage of talent that fits our game plan quite well. We just need to actually keep them on the field long enough to see what they can do together.

Your tope suggests it's a coaches mistake that gets them hurt.

Basically at some point you have to see if they can play. Injured players have set backs. Which is why I add 2-3 weeks longer before a player is really back. 3-5 week injuries usually mean 6-7 weeks before player really can play. Why? Because they always have setbacks.

Deuce
09-24-2010, 04:48 PM
I love how people who have no idea about sports training and performance are always the loudest . "These guys need to stretch more!" "These guys need more flexibility" "Broncos trainers are idiots!"

There is little to no evidence to suggest that stretching before physical activity reduces the chances of injury. But there is an evidence that it does affect performance negatively. Secondly, there is hardly any evidence to suggest that increased flexibility, decreases the chances of injury. Often times injuries can be attributed to too much flexibility and therefore increasing flexibility can increase the rate of injury.

Taco John
09-24-2010, 05:12 PM
How do you prove something like that? I mean, I can speak for myself - I started doing yoga ten years ago on a whim when turning on the TV one late night and seeing a program and deciding, "eh, what the hell." Since then I've become very flexible, and have had many instances where I am certain that if I didn't have the flexibility that I enjoy now, I'd have torn or ripped or strained myself. One that comes to mind was turning my ankle when rounding a base. Everyone freaked out at how my ankle buckled. I shook it off, no damage done. How can I prove that if I didn't have increased flexibility in my ankles, I'd have torn a ligament (or something)?

Deuce
09-24-2010, 05:23 PM
How do you prove something like that? I mean, I can speak for myself - I started doing yoga ten years ago on a whim when turning on the TV one late night and seeing a program and deciding, "eh, what the hell." Since then I've become very flexible, and have had many instances where I am certain that if I didn't have the flexibility that I enjoy now, I'd have torn or ripped or strained myself. One that comes to mind was turning my ankle when rounding a base. Everyone freaked out at how my ankle buckled. I shook it off, no damage done. How can I prove that if I didn't have increased flexibility in my ankles, I'd have torn a ligament (or something)?

How can you prove that you would have torn a ligament if you hadn't done yoga?

They can prove that just like they can prove (or at least reasonably ascertain) anything else, through studies and the scientific process. They take two different groups, one group stretches, one group doesn't stretch. They both perform the same type of physical activities and then compare the rate of injury. Obviously it is much more complicated than that, but that's the basic idea. You're evidence, while completely possible and probably true, is purely anecdotal. The studies have shown overwhelming evidence that points to stretching and flexibility being a non factor in injuries unless the athlete is at the super polar extreme of inflexibility. And in a sport like football, the stretching could in fact have negative affects on performance.

Pony Boy
09-24-2010, 05:24 PM

I think I did that in the bathroom this morning.......LOL

SonOfLe-loLang
09-24-2010, 05:26 PM
No, not really. Then again I have all my man cards.

Right, im sure you've never had to do something you didnt care for because your gf/wife asked you to...enjoy your man cards

kupesdad
09-24-2010, 05:30 PM

Chris' injury in game 1 has nothing to do with pre-season game. Different leg.

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2010, 05:34 PM
The studies have shown overwhelming evidence that points to stretching and flexibility being a non factor in injuries unless the athlete is at the super polar extreme of inflexibility. And in a sport like football, the stretching could in fact have negative affects on performance.
Link to said studies?

Bob's your Information Minister
09-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Maybe one of your backup running backs will flash. Gotta find a replacement somewhere.

Rabb
09-24-2010, 06:30 PM
I love how people who have no idea about sports training and performance are always the loudest . "These guys need to stretch more!" "These guys need more flexibility" "Broncos trainers are idiots!"

There is little to no evidence to suggest that stretching before physical activity reduces the chances of injury. But there is an evidence that it does affect performance negatively. Secondly, there is hardly any evidence to suggest that increased flexibility, decreases the chances of injury. Often times injuries can be attributed to too much flexibility and therefore increasing flexibility can increase the rate of injury.

So nobody should stretch before any physical activity, is that your stance here?

gunns
09-24-2010, 06:38 PM
I just hope Bailey and Goodman can play in this game.

Dedhed
09-24-2010, 07:30 PM
I just went and picked up LoMo in all my ff leagues. #MaxBroncos better not be screwing around

I've had a waiver claim in since monday that clears tomorrow. Why couldn't they wait to announce this until my claim goes through!

Hulamau
09-24-2010, 08:58 PM

He didnt have a hammy problem last year .. was a knee sprain 2nd degree, he avoided surgery but it nagged him all year. This training camp pull was his first hammy in either college or pro. I think the team/he rushed him back a couple weeks to soon just to make the beginning of the season. You could see it in his running. That little hitch on certain cuts, not really explosive hitting the hole, as all reports of OTAs reported him to be doing.

Too damn bad, we need to let him heal properly before bring him back, Hopefully Maroney has his first breakout year now with a new team and fresh start and Brown become a monster one two punch. Stranger things have happened and we need it big time!

SoCalBronco
09-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Rough news...especially with Moreno. If it wasn't for bad luck, this team would have no luck at all. At this point, we just have to roll with it. I wasn't expecting the game on Sunday to be pleasant, anyway.

Hopefully we can get those guys back pretty soon.