PDA

View Full Version : Looks like McBath may be back and Maroney may debut this week

montrose
09-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Both were full participants today - http://twitter.com/Denver_Broncos

McBath could really help if we're thin as expected in the secondary. My early guess for the inactives would be B.Quinn (3rd QB), Harris, Bailey, Goodman, Brown, Clark, E.Olsen, Vickerson.

baja
09-23-2010, 11:21 PM
I bet Champ plays - just a hunch.

Borks147
09-23-2010, 11:23 PM
if champ practices tomorrow he is playing. Goodman won't, and I hope Cox is ready. God knows I'm ready for some Cox.

montrose
09-23-2010, 11:25 PM

We'll have to see. Honestly I don't know how much difference it makes depending on his health. I've never bought into the whole "This guy at 50% is better than half the league" thing. This is the NFL - and of all people you don't want to be facing injured is Manning. Remember when Favre targeted Champ early when he was less than 100% and burned him for a deep TD? Favre's brain is like a preschooler compared to Manning. As crazy as this sounds, I'd rather go with one of the kids if Champ's not 100%. Especially since I think this game comes down to the front 7, regardless of who is in the secondary.

baja
09-23-2010, 11:29 PM
We'll have to see. Honestly I don't know how much difference it makes depending on his health. I've never bought into the whole "This guy at 50% is better than half the league" thing. This is the NFL - and of all people you don't want to be facing injured is Manning. Remember when Favre targeted Champ early when he was less than 100% and burned him for a deep TD? Favre's brain is like a preschooler compared to Manning. As crazy as this sounds, I'd rather go with one of the kids if Champ's not 100%. Especially since I think this game comes down to the front 7, regardless of who is in the secondary.

This is one of the things I love about Josh, we know he will play the player that gives us the best chance to win. Hell we might see 22 & 41 starting who knows.

I don't expect to win this game but I am very interested to see how Josh plays his hand.

Traveler
09-24-2010, 04:12 AM
There's a good chance we lose this game whether Champ plays or not. If he can't play the way he's normally capable of playing because of his injury, sit him out till he's fully recovered. Same with Goodman.

Perrish , Cassius, and Syd'Quan are gonna have to play the best they can.

Traveler
09-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Both were full participants today - http://twitter.com/Denver_Broncos

McBath could really help if we're thin as expected in the secondary. My early guess for the inactives would be B.Quinn (3rd QB), Harris, Bailey, Goodman, Brown, Clark, E.Olsen, Vickerson.

We'll need Vickerson for the rotaton IMO. I'd replace Willis for Vickerson.

tsiguy96
09-24-2010, 04:21 AM
vickerson played more than mcbean against seachickens right?

EmpireOrange
09-24-2010, 06:04 AM
if champ practices tomorrow he is playing. Goodman won't, and I hope Cox is ready. God knows I'm ready for some Cox.

Go back to san francisco cox holster

Man-Goblin
09-24-2010, 06:04 AM

This is a different kind of injury than the ones that have made him miss time in the past. From what I've read it's essentially a heel bruise, with no possibility of him doing further damage. You've got to hope the med staff, with a full week to prepare, has a pretty good chance of treating it and being able to at least mask that pain on Sunday.

oubronco
09-24-2010, 06:05 AM
There's a good chance we lose this game whether Champ plays or not. If he can't play the way he's normally capable of playing because of his injury, sit him out till he's fully recovered. Same with Goodman.

I think they will start Nate Jones

Dedhed
09-24-2010, 06:27 AM

Wow, I like the potential of all those guys, but trotting them all out there against Peyton would be like throwing a 3 legged sheep into a den of hungry lions and hoping it can survive.

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2010, 06:38 AM
This is a different kind of injury than the ones that have made him miss time in the past. From what I've read it's essentially a heel bruise, with no possibility of him doing further damage. You've got to hope the med staff, with a full week to prepare, has a pretty good chance of treating it and being able to at least mask that pain on Sunday.
Where did you read this? Anytime I hear, "no possibility of further damage", I start from the point of skepticism.

Pony Boy
09-24-2010, 06:53 AM
This game will be a great measuring stick for McD's Cox, we will see if he can keep it up the whole game.

montrose
09-24-2010, 06:53 AM

I figured we go light on DL against Indy, but considering Willis' less-than-stellar play on ST - I could see him deactivated.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2010, 06:55 AM
This game will be a great measuring stick for McD's Cox, we will see if he can keep it up the whole game.

Yep. McD's going to have to make sure to go deep all day long.

gtown
09-24-2010, 07:17 AM

The whole game? He should probably call his physician.

baja
09-24-2010, 07:21 AM
I figured we go light on DL against Indy, but considering Willis' less-than-stellar play on ST - I could see him deactivated.

He is a rookie on a learning curve I think it will depend on his quality of practice this week rather he is activated for the game or not.

baja
09-24-2010, 07:23 AM
The whole game? He should probably call his physician.

I know with all the commercials the games seem to last forever but they still complete in under 4 hours so he will be all right.

Br0nc0Buster
09-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Cox is gonna get owned, as is Jones or whoever lines up on the the defense's left

I expect double moves out the butt from Indy on Sunday

we should put a corner on Clark, or maybe try McBath at first and if he cant do it put a corner on him

supermanhr9
09-24-2010, 07:32 AM
This is going ot be interesting. I'd love to see one of our young guys step up, it would be great. A close loss would still be a victory in my eyes without Goodman and Champ.

jhns
09-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Good, we could use McBath this week and we really need to figure out the run game. I think the line getting healthy will be more than Maroney though.

outdoor_miner
09-24-2010, 07:34 AM

Cox will likely see a lot of balls come his way, that's for sure. I can see Manning going after Cox all day long... We'll just have to see if he's up for the task, or if he shrinks under the spotlight.

PRBronco
09-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Latest from Josina: "wud like 2 grab cox b4 and after game."

Los Broncos
09-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Latest from Josina: "wud like 2 grab cox b4 and after game."

Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2010, 08:42 AM

whatever smartass...

Hulamau
09-24-2010, 09:29 AM

Agreed, Vickerson should be ready for more action on the DL by now.

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm interested to see what, if any role, McBath has in this secondary right now so I hope he plays in this one. If there is one guy on this team that I think remains a complete mystery in terms of what he is, or is going to become, it's him.

oubronco
09-24-2010, 09:39 AM
I had a dream last night that Jones started against Clark and it wasn't pretty

Inkana7
09-24-2010, 10:16 AM
McBath snagged a pick against Melonhead last year, IIRC.