PDA

View Full Version : Good news, bad news on Broncos’ injury front

listopencil
09-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Facing Peyton Manning is tough. Facing Peyton Manning without either of your starting cornerbacks is tougher.

The Denver Broncos may face that proposition when the Indianapolis Colts come to town this Sunday as defensive backs Champ Bailey and Andre Goodman missed practice Wednesday with right heel and thigh injuries, respectively.

Goodman left last Sunday’s victory against the Seattle Seahawks in the second half. Bailey finished the game but was seen in crutches afterward.

Several Broncos returned to practice Wednesday, however, including starting offensive linemen Ryan Harris and Chris Kuper. Harris has yet to play this season; Kuper missed Week Two.

http://broncotalk.net/2010/09/17824/broncos-news/good-news-bad-news-on-broncos-injury-front/

ZONA
09-23-2010, 01:35 AM
That's very bad news about our secondary. Bad news for the Broncos. Not 1 but frickin both CB's are down. That sucks. It's a good thing we have some young and talented CB's on the team. Time for them to step up and make it hard for the coaches to take them out once the older guys heal up. That's how it's done in the NFL. Somebody goes down, there's your chance. You tear it up and make it so they can't take you off the field. Let's do this Cox, Jones and Vaughn.

listopencil
09-23-2010, 01:38 AM
I hope so.

extralife
09-23-2010, 01:47 AM
so who puts up 12-170-1 on Squid? Collie?

Blueflame
09-23-2010, 02:44 AM
That's very bad news about our secondary. Bad news for the Broncos. Not 1 but frickin both CB's are down. That sucks. It's a good thing we have some young and talented CB's on the team. Time for them to step up and make it hard for the coaches to take them out once the older guys heal up. That's how it's done in the NFL. Somebody goes down, there's your chance. You tear it up and make it so they can't take you off the field. Let's do this Cox, Jones and Vaughn.

Yeah, this plan worked so well for Roc Alexander...

footstepsfrom#27
09-23-2010, 03:02 AM
I think Cox might be up to the challenge.

Blueflame
09-23-2010, 03:25 AM

I very much hope you're right. I'd like to see some pressure on Paid-a-ton. In fact... I think I'm gonna do a temporary avy change.... Hogan11 will know why.

The Joker
09-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Side Note: Paid-a-ton/Pay-me-a-ton etc may be the worst nicknames ever.

Anyway, good news about the O-Line, I'm really excited to see what our offense can do with a 100% healthy Kuper, Harris and Clady on there. I think we'd put up some serious points on most teams.

As for the DB's, I just really hope Champ can play. I'd actually be excited to see Cox in there instead of Goodman. Sure he might get picked on, but I expect Goodman will take a humping too if he's out there, especially if he's less than 100%. Would be a good learning experience for Cox, and I'd bet he could hold his own.

Blueflame
09-23-2010, 05:37 AM
Side Note: Paid-a-ton/Pay-me-a-ton etc may be the worst nicknames ever.

Anyway, good news about the O-Line, I'm really excited to see what our offense can do with a 100% healthy Kuper, Harris and Clady on there. I think we'd put up some serious points on most teams.

As for the DB's, I just really hope Champ can play. I'd actually be excited to see Cox in there instead of Goodman. Sure he might get picked on, but I expect Goodman will take a humping too if he's out there, especially if he's less than 100%. Would be a good learning experience for Cox, and I'd bet he could hold his own.

Hey, a guy with the name "Peyton"... who is a highly-paid, high profile athlete... is "paid-a-ton".... and it's a fact that #1 overall NFL players (even those who wind up being $41-million busts like JaMarshmallow Russell) do receive a healthy sum of "guaranteed money" from NFL teams.

SoDak Bronco
09-23-2010, 07:13 AM
I think this is the week we fall out of love with the Squid

bowtown
09-23-2010, 07:25 AM
They will both play. Book it.

Steve Sewell
09-23-2010, 07:43 AM

It is a good thing that we have some talented young CB's, but Manning makes guys like Champ look foolish at times. It's going to be a bloodbath unless we can keep up with them in the scoring department offensively. We need to hope that we catch a few breaks with turnovers and special teams as well.

oubronco
09-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Champ will play he's just resting and he doesn't need practice and Cox will get the other side besides Goodman wasn't playing that great anyway

SportinOne
09-23-2010, 11:35 AM
so if 2 cbs are out, squid has to be active, and if Cox is going to be on Wayne, then do we really want him returning kicks too?

So: does Squid get his chance to return kicks?

i hope so.

Bronco Boy
09-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Good Lord let's hope Jones doesn't start.

Tombstone RJ
09-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Champ will play he's just resting and he doesn't need practice and Cox will get the other side besides Goodman wasn't playing that great anyway

this. I think McD is trying to maybe send a confusing message to the colts. Show Champ as not being 100% and then see if Manning bites...

Steve Sewell
09-23-2010, 11:57 AM
this. I think McD is trying to maybe send a confusing message to the colts. Show Champ as not being 100% and then see if Manning bites...

To think the Colts are not aware that Emperor McHoody may be pulling a "now witness the firepower of this full armed and operational Champ Bailey" is a bit naive.

I happen to believe that Champ is 100% ready to go on Sunday.

WABronco
09-23-2010, 11:59 AM

Oh **** ya pass the popcorn bro!

(Manning's stats: 503 yards, 5 Td's)

Rascal
09-23-2010, 11:59 AM

lol

WABronco
09-23-2010, 12:00 PM
I think this is the week we fall out of love with the Squid

Why because he gets toasted? That's what happens to 7th round picks.

Bronco Boy
09-23-2010, 12:01 PM

What would Manning biting consist of? Deciding to throw all of his passes left-handed or something?

Tombstone RJ
09-23-2010, 12:05 PM
What would Manning biting consist of? Deciding to throw all of his passes left-handed or something?

:yayaya:

rbackfactory80
09-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Not so sure having Champ out there will make that much difference. Hopefully we keep this game to at worst a loss that can be rebounded from. He paints a 40-3 victory over us it will be hard to get up off the mat.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Not so sure having Champ out there will make that much difference. Hopefully we keep this game to at worst a loss that can be rebounded from. He paints a 40-3 victory over us it will be hard to get up off the mat.

Well Peyton doesn't play defense, so im not sure why you'd assume we'd only score 3 pts

rbackfactory80
09-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Well Peyton doesn't play defense, so im not sure why you'd assume we'd only score 3 pts

Oh I don't know, lets say they jump of 21-0 and we are pressing throwing all over the field and get away from our gameplan. It happens.

By the way if you bothered to read the post you would know it wasn't a prediction, just the last thing I want is a big loss.

El Guapo
09-23-2010, 12:25 PM
It's a ruse! They'll both be playing. Go Broncos!

55CrushEm
09-23-2010, 12:49 PM
I happen to believe that Champ is 100% ready to go on Sunday.

I'm really thinking this. As I said in another thread. The last play that I saw him on the field.....the ball was thrown to the other side and Mike Williams caught the pass going against Cox.

I just don't see how Champ could have been injured on that play......unless it was a totally freak thing like stepping on someone's ankle as he was going back to the defensive huddle.

I'm calling BS on the injury.....

~Crash~
09-23-2010, 01:13 PM
don't worry about our CB's we already know we are going to be fine for the most part it is our TE coverage I worry about .

Bigdawg26
09-23-2010, 01:40 PM

Yeah stiffin up on the Colts receivers Cox!! LOL had to be it was to easy!

misturanderson
09-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Oh I don't know, lets say they jump of 21-0 and we are pressing throwing all over the field and get away from our gameplan. It happens.

By the way if you bothered to read the post you would know it wasn't a prediction, just the last thing I want is a big loss.

You mean in an exact repeat of last year's game where we were within striking distance until the last 5 minutes of the game?

rbackfactory80
09-23-2010, 02:12 PM
You mean in an exact repeat of last year's game where we were within striking distance until the last 5 minutes of the game?

That was what happened wasn't it. I must of wrote that subconsciously. No question it could go the other way though. I don't think it will, but its those blowout losses that really tear apart teams. I just want a competitive game.

BroncosSR
09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Imagine if Alphonso was still in line... Peyton would pick on him all day... This is going to be rough. The only way to minimize the damage is to get to Peyton. If we don't and he has all day, it's gonna be long flight back to Philadelphia for me...

Champagne Powder
09-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Is Ayers fine?

Shoemaker
09-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Is Ayers fine?

He's been practicing the past few days, so yes.

I think he even came back in late Sunday after he got hurt.

I'm really hoping Champ and Goodman can make it back for Sunday. We already have enough trouble against Manning-I really don't want to picture him going up against Nate Jones, Perrish Cox, Cassius Vaughn, and Syd'Quan Thompson all day.

Though if we don't figure out how to stop Clark it won't really matter. I really wish the Pats hadn't sniped Barrett from us; he was actually pretty good at covering TE's.

broncocalijohn
09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
we need to worry about our Linebackers covering Dallas Clark.

TheProfessor
09-23-2010, 03:52 PM
After watching Mercedes Lewis eat us up, I'm a lot more worried about dasllas clark than I am Reggie Wayne.

God I hate peyton manning. Now I know how other teams felt when Elway showed up.

Hogan11
09-23-2010, 04:13 PM
I very much hope you're right. I'd like to see some pressure on Paid-a-ton. In fact... I think I'm gonna do a temporary avy change.... Hogan11 will know why.

The red circle slash curse killed everyone in the post season last year.....good idea Blue, here's hoping it somehow works once again!

BlueCrusher
09-23-2010, 04:37 PM

Their D is build to pass rush with Mathis and Freeney. If we don't stay even and Manning isn't throwing his uncharacteristic picks like last year, we're fubar.

NFLBRONCO
09-23-2010, 04:47 PM
WE ALWAYS HAVE CB's OUT when facing Manning nothing new.

Blueflame
09-23-2010, 06:11 PM
The red circle slash curse killed everyone in the post season last year.....good idea Blue, here's hoping it somehow works once again!

:thumbsup: ^5 :strong:

skunk
09-23-2010, 06:45 PM
paging roc alaxander, mr roc alaxander

oldschoolorange
09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
........Several Broncos returned to practice Wednesday, however, including starting offensive linemen Ryan Harris and Chris Kuper. Harris has yet to play this season; Kuper missed Week Two.

According to several other sources Harris did not practice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ac85d0/article/broncos-cb-bailey-hopes-to-be-ready-for-manning-colts?module=HP_headlines