PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 versus Indy Dolts

Irish Stout
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
I thought it was time we start discussing the Baltim.... I mean the Indianapolis Colts.

Looking ahead to Sunday, I can't help but feel a bit concerned. Bailey and Goodman are apparently hobbling around so much, it will be a miracle if they can even walk out of the tunnel. Harris and Kuper may be about ready to go, but how rusty will they be? Will our team be focused after the death of McKinley and will they respond accordingly to the coaching staff?

Does this team have what it takes to attempt to keep Peyton in check, and by that I mean under 300 yards? Can we stop their run game, which did fairly well against the Giants?

There are so many questions, that it doesn't suprise me that we're the underdogs, but I can't help but feel some confidence based on what I saw versus the Seahawks. If our O can manage to get like a yard and a half more per carry and to keep the play clock moving while they have the ball, this could be a close game. We'll definitely need our younger CB's to step up and Haggan and Woodyard are going to have to do a better job protecting those short middle passes that destroyed us last year.

McDman
09-22-2010, 10:22 AM
This is one of those rare games where I see the possibility of winning at slim to none. Peyton has proven that if he is not pressured he'll eat you alive.

Unless our running backs tear it up we're screwed.

OBF1
09-22-2010, 10:24 AM
The sky is falling...who are we playing in week 4?

Irish Stout
09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
This is one of those rare games where I see the possibility of winning at slim to none. Peyton has proven that if he is not pressured he'll eat you alive.

Any sliver of hope that Wink has been saving that more aggressive D for this particular game? Would love to see a few more blitz packages, but blitzing Peyton doesn't payoff unless you start hitting him a few times... otherwise he just gets rid of the ball quicker.

Dedhed
09-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Given the circumstances surrounding this week, I can see this being the ugliest loss of the season.

I hold out hope that the team will come out and play like they are inhabited by the divine, but I think a drubbing could be in the works.

Rock Chalk
09-22-2010, 10:32 AM

Peyton can eat you alive anyway.

Houston kicked the **** out of him in the first game and he STILL passed for over 400 yards.

The only way we win is to get 2 or 3 stops somehow and score TDs on nearly every drive.

Captain 'Dre
09-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Meh... Maybe the Colts will have a letdown after spanking Peyton's little brother last week.

If Kyle gets some decent protection and has one of his good days, the Broncos will have chance. That's all you can ask for.

Rock Chalk
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Meh... Maybe the Colts will have a letdown after spanking Peyton's little brother last week.

If Kyle gets some decent protection and has one of his good days, the Broncos will have chance. That's all you can ask for.

I am concerned about Freeney and Mathis. Those dudes are terrific speed rushers off the edge and while a 100% Clady can shut down one, Im not sure the right side can manage the other without a lot of help.

24champ
09-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Here's the thing, you need to run the ball to beat the Colts. Keep the Forehead off the field, we aren't doing a great job of running the ball so far.If we can run the ball, we have a shot, if not...we're screwed.

Dedhed
09-22-2010, 10:43 AM
I am concerned about Freeney and Mathis. Those dudes are terrific speed rushers off the edge and while a 100% Clady can shut down one, Im not sure the right side can manage the other without a lot of help.

What's the status on Harris and Kuper, anyone know?

bronco militia
09-22-2010, 10:45 AM

probably the same as Champ and Goodman :(

Drek
09-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Broncos are going to win a shootout on Sunday, around 80 total points scored, Prater boots a long one near the end of regulation to finish it off.

Dedhed
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Broncos are going to win a shootout on Sunday, around 80 total points scored, Prater boots a long one near the end of regulation to finish it off.

I like it.

Old Dude
09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Houston kicked the **** out of him in the first game and he STILL passed for over 400 yards.

But the Colts DID LOSE that game. And, on the other hand, Denver held Manning to a 65% passer rating last year (with 3 INTs) and less than 250 yards, and yet the Colts won by 12.

Manning's one of the greatest QBs ever, but it still isn't all about him.

Mediator12
09-22-2010, 11:10 AM
But the Colts DID LOSE that game. And, on the other hand, Denver held Manning to a 65% passer rating last year (with 3 INTs) and less than 250 yards, and yet the Colts won by 12.

No, it never is. Despite the all or nothing one sided arguments that are so typical here. Good to see you OD, the offseason was not the same without Survivor!

Kaylore
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
We match up horribly with them.

Our corners are banged up (though Goodman probably will be pushed back by season's end. Team's a picking on him.)

We have no pass rush - even when we blitz.

Our coverage linebackers are hurt.

We are having issues running the ball.

The Colts defense is built to stop the pass first. They tee-off on every play. We saw what happened to the Giants when they tried to pass on the Colts.

Add in the intangibles: The team is hurting emotionally from the suicide of a teammate, Manning is virtually impossible to beat in September and he already had one of his half decade losses against the Texans.

All signs point to us getting our trash kicked all over the field. I fully expect to lose and lose by at least 17. Manning owns us and the Colts will move the ball without the mistakes the way the Seahags did last week. I will root for my team, but I'm not expecting us to win or even hang with them. Without Dumervil our pass rush is completely mediocre and all signs point to a game of captain forehead destroying us.

Dedhed
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM

The loss of Doom is a huge factor against a team like the Colts. Getting to Manning is vital to controlling that offense.

If you can't do it, he'll destroy you.

crowebomber
09-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Champ was just playing possum so Peyton throws at him. He'll have a couple of picks and Broncos win 24-21.

The Joker
09-22-2010, 11:23 AM
We need Orton to have a good day, I can't really see any way that we could win this game without Orton performing to the level he did against Seattle.

We'll need 25+ points to win this one, and I think that's achievable if our offense plays its best football.

On defense, we're going to give up points. There's no getting around it, that's just the way it is. The key will be redzone defense, we need to force field goals enough of the time when Peyton gets down there. Our pass rush isn't good enough to stop Manning moving the ball down the field pretty much at will, but if you can avoid giving up the big play then you've got a chance to stop him with a short field.

One worry for me has been that our nickel D has been bad against the run, don't be surprised to see the Colts try and get that D on the field and run it up our gut a few times early on.

I just hope enough of our questionable guys are healthy enough to go on Sunday, if they do we'll have a fighting chance of pulling off the upset.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-22-2010, 11:26 AM
I'd point you toward a couple Colts messageboards, but they're just rehashing the same tired **** (Marshall, Dumervil, cut-blocking, Cutler, bagging on Orton) and have even gone the route of saying Broncos fans "don't know football" [whatever that means].

Irish Stout
09-22-2010, 11:26 AM

I noticed Quinn and Graham on some oline blocking schemes last week. You'll likely see it again.

Archer81
09-22-2010, 11:30 AM
F the Colts.

We dont have to get hits on Manning to **** with their passing game. Goodman and Bailey need to jam and beat up the WR's at the line. Dawkins and Haggan and Williams need to beat up Clark at the line. Make Peyton hold the ball and rethink his throws. Eventually Manning will get frustrated and force something. He is not any different then any other QB that way. We did that last year in Indi and almost pulled a comeback.

:Broncos:

TheChamp24
09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
I'd point you toward a couple Colts messageboards, but they're just rehashing the same tired **** (Marshall, Dumervil, cut-blocking, Cutler, bagging on Orton) and have even gone the route of saying Broncos fans "don't know football" [whatever that means].

Oh how I love opposing team fans going through countless forums to find one off the wall thread posted and immediately sums up that all Bronco fans don't know football.

If you go to coltfreaks.com, guess what, a majority view this as an easy game for the Colts and they should win, the only worry they have is the altitude in Denver.

Personally, I don't see how we can keep this close unless everybody miraculously gets healthy and plays 5 times above their talent.

Kaylore
09-22-2010, 11:44 AM

They're hopeful they will both play this week, however the first injury report is released today and it isn't out yet so we won't know until Thursday or Friday.

Los Broncos
09-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Mayeb we'll get an update on Kuper from the dad.

Inkana7
09-22-2010, 11:48 AM
I think Cox gets his first start and snags a pick. I love the way that kid plays.

Inkana7
09-22-2010, 11:48 AM
They're hopeful they will both play this week, however the first injury report is released today and it isn't out yet so we won't know until Thursday or Friday.

McDaniels just said in his presser that Champ and Goodman aren't practicing today.

BlaK-Argentina
09-22-2010, 11:49 AM
We need Orton to have a good day, I can't really see any way that we could win this game without Orton performing to the level he did against Seattle.

We'll need 25+ points to win this one, and I think that's achievable if our offense plays its best football.

On defense, we're going to give up points. There's no getting around it, that's just the way it is. The key will be redzone defense, we need to force field goals enough of the time when Peyton gets down there. Our pass rush isn't good enough to stop Manning moving the ball down the field pretty much at will, but if you can avoid giving up the big play then you've got a chance to stop him with a short field.

One worry for me has been that our nickel D has been bad against the run, don't be surprised to see the Colts try and get that D on the field and run it up our gut a few times early on.

I just hope enough of our questionable guys are healthy enough to go on Sunday, if they do we'll have a fighting chance of pulling off the upset.

This. Everyone keeps saying we need to run the ball extremely well to win but if Orton has another game like he had against SEA I think we have a chance. The key will be keeping him upright, and that's going to be tough with Mathis and Freeney. Still... as we get closer to sunday I gain a bit more confidence. If Champ and Goodman are hurt though... it's going to be an epic asskicking.

BlaK-Argentina
09-22-2010, 11:50 AM
McDaniels just said in his presser that Champ and Goodman aren't practicing today.

Damn.

Inkana7
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Hah. McD just said that to simulate Freeney and Mathis' speed off the edge, Vaughn and Burton will play DE in practice...and line up offsides.

Kaylore
09-22-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm surprised at some of the comments on Manning. People talk about players like LT changing how the game is played and yet they never bring up Manning.

I think back to games like one game where Jeff Fisher executed onside kicks on every kickoff, recovering two, and still lost to Manning. Or the Miami game where the Colts possessed the ball for 17 minutes, Miami the rest of the game, Miami led the entire game and the Colts still won.

This is a man who's 4th Qrtr Qb rating is 156. On third down he completes his passes 60% of the time and averages 10 yards per attempt. He's the only QB who has a QB rating above 120 when losing.

So forgive me if I don't buy the "he's just another QB" argument. I think he can be beaten, but I don't think we have the horses to do it. If McDaniels beats the Colts with this team, it will be one of the best coaching jobs we'll see in a long time.

Kaylore
09-22-2010, 11:57 AM

Really the day you need to watch is Friday. If they don't practice Friday, 98% of the time the player won't play. Especially guys like Champ they will be cautious with knowing he doesn't need the practice like other players.

Irish Stout
09-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Mayeb we'll get an update on Kuper from the dad.

Just heard that Kuper and Harris are practicing today.

chawknz
09-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm just going to bury my head in the sand until Monday.

Old Dude
09-22-2010, 12:17 PM
If there's one major change in what I've seen out of the Broncos this year, it's been Orton. He looks to me like he's taken a major step forward. This has been apparent since camp started, through the entire preseason and the first two weeks. I don't think it's just an aberration.

He's done this despite having a banged up and inexperienced offensive line. He's done this without any kind of support from the ground game. He's done it regardless of which receivers suited up.

He's been pressured in virtually every game, but he's making the good reads, he seems to have a much better grasp on the playbook, and his pocket awareness has improved.

The Colts fans may be a little surprised to find out that Denver's passing game is actually looking better than last year, despite the loss of B-Marsh.

ZONA
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Win the turnovre battle and keep the penalties down, you will always have a chance if you do those 2 things. Manning can beat you pretty good, but if you are helping him with making mistakes, you make his life easy. It's going to take doing all the small things well, such as DLmen getting their hands up to maybe tip a ball at the LOS and creating an INT. It's going to take holding that block for 1 extra second. It's going to take good ST play, not givng them the ball at the 40, and giving us the ball at the 40. The coaches have to call a smart game.

And I can see the KM death going the other way for this team. I can seem them playing inspired because of it. If Champ and Hill can't play then I don't like the chances. But if they do play and are healthy, and if we can force them into mistakes instead of creating our own, I like our chances.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Colin Cowherd (douche) was saying the Broncos get killed by the Colts because of the sadness following the McKinley death. How is that logical? Doesn't it usually work the other way around?

Rock Chalk
09-22-2010, 12:26 PM

My point was, Manning can eat you alive whether you get pressure on him or not.

Yes they lost the game, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

Irish Stout
09-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Colin Cowherd (douche) was saying the Broncos get killed by the Colts because of the sadness following the McKinley death. How is that logical? Doesn't it usually work the other way around?

I think it can go both ways. You either use it to light a fire under you or you get distracted and weighed down by it. If McKinnley had died by some other means, this team would likely really rally and use it as fuel. With McKinnley shooting himself because he was on IR... I could see the team letting it bother them all the way to the field on Sunday.

How this team reacts and plays this weekend will speak volumes about this core of players and this coach.

Mediator12
09-22-2010, 01:05 PM

I live in INDY and Most Colts fans know ZERO about football. This is a basketball state, pure and simple. Most Fans are bandwagoners here, with zero football knowledge FWIW ;D

go_broncos
09-22-2010, 01:10 PM
This is the game where i don't mind if we lose.
I just want our team to fight till the end.
We will be 1-2 next monday and i am fine with it.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Losing to the Colts is acceptable. It happens quite a bit to a number of teams in the league. It's getting blown out and not showing up that hurts my little heart.

oubronco
09-22-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm surprised at some of the comments on Manning. People talk about players like LT changing how the game is played and yet they never bring up Manning.

I think back to games like one game where Jeff Fisher executed onside kicks on every kickoff, recovering two, and still lost to Manning. Or the Miami game where the Colts possessed the ball for 17 minutes, Miami the rest of the game, Miami led the entire game and the Colts still won.

This is a man who's 4th Qrtr Qb rating is 156. On third down he completes his passes 60% of the time and averages 10 yards per attempt. He's the only QB who has a QB rating above 120 when losing.

So forgive me if I don't buy the "he's just another QB" argument. I think he can be beaten, but I don't think we have the horses to do it. If McDaniels beats the Colts with this team, it will be one of the best coaching jobs we'll see in a long time.

He is money no doubt! Our 3rd down defense is where he will eat us alive without a pass rush he will sit back there and pick us apart, this could get real ugly real fast

Mediator12
09-22-2010, 01:23 PM
If there's one major change in what I've seen out of the Broncos this year, it's been Orton. He looks to me like he's taken a major step forward. This has been apparent since camp started, through the entire preseason and the first two weeks. I don't think it's just an aberration.

He's done this despite having a banged up and inexperienced offensive line. He's done this without any kind of support from the ground game. He's done it regardless of which receivers suited up.

He's been pressured in virtually every game, but he's making the good reads, he seems to have a much better grasp on the playbook, and his pocket awareness has improved.

The Colts fans may be a little surprised to find out that Denver's passing game is actually looking better than last year, despite the loss of B-Marsh.

The problem is, INDY wants you to try and throw the ball. They cover deep better than any team in football, despite giving up 3 stupid plays to start the season. Indy wants DEN to try and throw the ball because they can rush the passer and cover. Right now they are giving up 117 yards through the air per game. And they have not played the cupcake passing teams, they played HOU and the NYG. Teams with potent air games themsleves.

The opposite is very problematic. DEN has not played a dominant passing attack yet are giving up 200 a game versus poor teams. And, they are doing it with very little pressure on the QB.

I see where you are coming from, the problem is that INDY is stronger than DEN in those matchups. Their strengths are more pronounced than DEN's right now. I just hope DEN can play with some emotion. It sure helped the Texans take apart INDY in the second half ;D

oubronco
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
The problem is, INDY wants you to try and throw the ball. They cover deep better than any team in football, despite giving up 3 stupid plays to start the season. Indy wants DEN to try and throw the ball because they can rush the passer and cover. Right now they are giving up 117 yards through the air per game. And they have not played the cupcake passing teams, they played HOU and the NYG. Teams with potent air games themsleves.

The opposite is very problematic. DEN has not played a dominant passing attack yet are giving up 200 a game versus poor teams. And, they are doing it with very little pressure on the QB.

I see where you are coming from, the problem is that INDY is stronger than DEN in those matchups. Their strengths are more pronounced than DEN's right now. I just hope DEN can play with some emotion. It sure helped the Texans take apart INDY in the second half ;D

Their running game was the difference and ours isn't as good right now

Inkana7
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM

While I agree with you, to say that Indy neutralized Houston's passing attack would be a little off. Houston attempted, what, 15 passes that game?

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
I think they attempted something like 17 passes and, when they did, Freeney and Mathis each collected a sack for the game. Running or passing, get the ball out quickly. I did like how Denver piled up Graham and Quinn on the same side to help in pass protection last week. Maybe we'll see more of the same.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Look how Kubiak came out after halftime in that first game:

Houston Texans at 14:53
1-10-HOU34 (14:53) A.Foster right tackle to HST 42 for 8 yards (D.Muir).
2-2-HOU42 (14:14) A.Foster left tackle to HST 49 for 7 yards (J.Powers).
1-10-HOU49 (13:39) S.Slaton right guard to IND 45 for 6 yards (A.Bethea, D.Freeney).
2-4-IND45 (13:00) S.Slaton right tackle to IND 42 for 3 yards (F.Moala, P.Wheeler).
3-1-IND42 (12:27) A.Foster left end pushed ob at IND 29 for 13 yards (A.Bethea).
1-10-IND29 (11:59) A.Foster right guard to IND 23 for 6 yards (A.Bethea).
2-4-IND23 (11:22) S.Slaton left tackle to IND 21 for 2 yards (C.Session, M.King).
3-2-IND21 (10:47) A.Foster left tackle to IND 20 for 1 yard (R.Mathis, A.Bethea).
4-1-IND20 (10:04) A.Foster right end to IND 18 for 2 yards (K.Hayden, A.Bethea).
1-10-IND18 (9:41) A.Foster right tackle to IND 14 for 4 yards (P.Wheeler).
2-6-IND14 (9:05) M.Schaub pass incomplete short middle to J.Jones (J.Powers).
3-6-IND14 (9:00) (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass short middle to A.Johnson to IND 8 for 6 yards (A.Bethea).
1-8-IND8 (8:28) A.Foster left guard to IND 2 for 6 yards (R.Humber, A.Bethea).
2-2-IND2 (7:43) A.Foster left end to IND 1 for 1 yard (G.Brackett, P.Wheeler). (#78 for Houston reported as eligible.)
3-1-IND1 (7:06) A.Foster right tackle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

Old Dude
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Well, let me just say this.

God I hate the Colts.

Rock Chalk
09-22-2010, 02:30 PM

I expect more from you than this analysis. Indy would have given up tons of yards to Houston through the air but why should Houston throw it when Arian Foster was taking off huge chunks of yards on the ground? Every time I tuned into the game it was a 10, 15, 20 yard run by Foster. Their pass defense is misleading.

I dont think you see anyone arguing the point about our defense.

Indy definitely has a matchup advantage over Denver ESPECIALLY if both Champ and Goodman are out. That puts two rookies on their WRs and moves Thompson/Jones in to the NIckle/Dime packages and that is definitely not a recipe for success against Manning.

Rabb
09-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I am holding out for Scouts Inc. on this one

Hulamau
09-22-2010, 03:15 PM

We stacked Graham next to Beadlesjuice last week and pretty much shut down the Seahawks pass rush save for a play or two. And they had eaten Alex Smith alive the week before.

Clady will be one week more in tune and perhaps close to 100% so he should be able to contain Freene y for the most part and slow him down if not stuff him altogether. With Harris back and Graham on tha side again Mathis might well be contained as well and there is no Bob Sanders to blitz.

Admittedly, Im grabbing at a few straws here and looking for the silver lining, but as they say ... On any given Sunday ... it will likely have to be one of 'those' Sundays where the clouds part and we geta a little divine inspiration to pull it off.

Lets hope Cox has a break out game similar to DT last week with two INT of Mellonhead and Demaryius only continues where he left off for an 180yrds and 3TD abuse of the Colts DBs. Also throw in 150 yard rushing 2TD breakout from M & M while were asking.

And for good measure another score for Eddie and one for Lloyd as well. We'll likely need all of 'em.

If we can give Orton the time he had last week it should be a real shootout at least .. and with a few breaks going our way, anything can happen....

Tough week in particular to be having to deal with the tradgedy here though.

Go Broncos!! Rise to the Challenge!

Harvitz81
09-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Broncos 52-Colts 49

Prater Kicks a 64 yarder at the end of regulation to win it. Book it.

Hulamau
09-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Broncos 52-Colts 49

Prater Kicks a 64 yarder at the end of regulation to win it. Book it.

If we are to win, that might well have to be the score!

Hulamau
09-22-2010, 03:28 PM
We need the Orange unis and the 12th man BIG time this week, Payton no doubt will be running the hurry up no huddle most of the day to try and tire out our defense and for all those going to the game, lets bring a little hurtin' down on their heads and make it rock and roll like the old Mile High!

Harvitz81
09-22-2010, 03:36 PM
If we are to win, that might well have to be the score!

Yep, I think the only chance we have is if we score a TD on virtually every drive. The first FG we kick I'm going to write game over at that point.

oubronco
09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Well we heard "We can't beat New England" and we did last year

Now we here "We can't beat Indy" and we can

Go Broncos!!!!

OABB
09-22-2010, 04:07 PM
we can't beat indy.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Well we heard "We can't beat New England" and we did last year

Now we here "We can't beat Indy" and we can

Go Broncos!!!!

They played their balls off for that NE win. They'd have to harness that and take it up to 11 to hang in this one.

bronclvr
09-22-2010, 04:14 PM
In the words of the great Dortoh, we're f****ed!

oubronco
09-22-2010, 06:07 PM
They played their balls off for that NE win. They'd have to harness that and take it up to 11 to hang in this one.

That's why they play the games

Irish Stout
09-22-2010, 06:53 PM
We need the Orange unis and the 12th man BIG time this week, Payton no doubt will be running the hurry up no huddle most of the day to try and tire out our defense and for all those going to the game, lets bring a little hurtin' down on their heads and make it rock and roll like the old Mile High!

If you want to send me to the game I will go with my cowbell and megaphone screaming my head off every play!

Broncojef
09-22-2010, 07:15 PM
My CBS Fantasy report this evening says Freeney was out of practice for non-medical reasons and is questionable for the Denver game....anyone know what thats about?

WolfpackGuy
09-22-2010, 07:46 PM
If they pick up third downs like they did this week, then I like the Broncos chances.

Not being able to sustain drives absolutely killed them in last year's game.

Archer81
09-22-2010, 09:09 PM
If they pick up third downs like they did this week, then I like the Broncos chances.

Not being able to sustain drives absolutely killed them in last year's game.

And settling for 3...

Long, sustained drives capped off by 7's. Lets see the Colts do no huddle if they have to compete with the crowd noise.

:Broncos:

azbroncfan
09-22-2010, 09:13 PM
We match up horribly with them.

Our corners are banged up (though Goodman probably will be pushed back by season's end. Team's a picking on him.)

We have no pass rush - even when we blitz.

Our coverage linebackers are hurt.

We are having issues running the ball.

The Colts defense is built to stop the pass first. They tee-off on every play. We saw what happened to the Giants when they tried to pass on the Colts.

Add in the intangibles: The team is hurting emotionally from the suicide of a teammate, Manning is virtually impossible to beat in September and he already had one of his half decade losses against the Texans.

All signs point to us getting our trash kicked all over the field. I fully expect to lose and lose by at least 17. Manning owns us and the Colts will move the ball without the mistakes the way the Seahags did last week. I will root for my team, but I'm not expecting us to win or even hang with them. Without Dumervil our pass rush is completely mediocre and all signs point to a game of captain forehead destroying us.

Like we mentioned in another thread take the beating and move on to next week.

WABronco
09-22-2010, 09:37 PM
End Peyton's career. THERE I SAID IT.

WABronco
09-22-2010, 09:38 PM
I am holding out for Scouts Inc. on this one

Ya me too. Bring some legitimacy to this discussion.

Rock Chalk
09-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Ya me too. Bring some legitimacy to this discussion.

Souts Inc: Indy 27, Denver 21.
QB: Indy
RB: Denver (WTF?)
WR: Indy
OL: Denver
DL: Indy
LB: Denver
DB: Indy (WTF?)
ST: Denver (Wow, their STs must REALLY suck)
Coach: Indy

TheChamp24
09-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Souts Inc: Indy 27, Denver 21.
QB: Indy
RB: Denver (WTF?)
WR: Indy
OL: Denver
DL: Indy
LB: Denver
DB: Indy (WTF?)
ST: Denver (Wow, their STs must REALLY suck)
Coach: Indy

Wow, only a 6 point loss to Indy?

randomtask
09-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Wow, only a 6 point loss to Indy?

That's pretty much the equivalent of a blowout for scouts inc. they normally choose the winner to win by 3 or 4 points. I have never seen them, for any game, say that someone would win by 2 touchdowns or more.

oubronco
09-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I think McD will throw alot of screens and quick passes to negate their pass rush I think we'll have a decent chance to beat them in our house

Los Broncos
09-23-2010, 11:57 AM
I think McD will throw alot of screens and quick passes to negate their pass rush I think we'll have a decent chance to beat them in our house

If we have success running the ball that would help keep melon head off the field.

But we might have to score on every possession to keep up, so that might not work.

oubronco
09-23-2010, 12:26 PM
If we have success running the ball that would help keep melon head off the field.

But we might have to score on every possession to keep up, so that might not work.

It sets them up for Thomas deep and Royal up the Middle who knows what Mcd has up his sleeve being with the Pats he has seen Indy quite a few times

OABB
09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
our only hope is to play a completely different team. If the Colts actually show up to invesco, game over. Perhaps we can petition the league to let the Rams play us instead?

BlaK-Argentina
09-23-2010, 03:21 PM
NO FG's!!!!! Go for it every time!

bowtown
09-23-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm really hoping we go vanilla and don't give Indy too much tape to watch for when we meet them in the playoffs in a few months.