PDA

View Full Version : michael vick named QB of eagles...permanently?

Pages : [1] 2

tsiguy96
09-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Adam_Schefter

From the way the Eagles are handling this Mike Vick announcement, it sounds as if he has won the job for good. Amazing.

ProFootballTalk

Wow -- Eagles announce Mike Vick is the new starter. More coming at PFT.

mortreport

Andy reid has named Michael Vick as team's starting quarterback...

Tombstone RJ
09-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Iggles have been watching NFLN too much... I guess Jaime Ducks got his wish...

crush17
09-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Screw Michael Vick.

He is pure trash.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Benched:

Kevin Kolb
Matt Moore
Trent Edwards
Jason Campbell

Next:
Matt Cassel

Naggle Nole
09-21-2010, 04:22 PM
I figured they would at least let Kolb play himself out of the job
He was struggling, but it was ONE GAME and he got knocked out

Play2win
09-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Just one more strike against the NFL

Definitely one big one against the Eagles

Going from McNabb to Vick-the-ripper...

How could you Philly?!?

Fück Philly.

enjolras
09-21-2010, 04:31 PM
The man served his time... I'm sure he'll be on a pretty short lease himself, however.

crush17
09-21-2010, 04:33 PM
The man served his time... I'm sure he'll be on a pretty short lease himself, however.

He didn't serve enough. He should still be in jail.
Not only that, but he was involved in that shooting at a night club recently too.

He is TRASH.

Eagles are TRASH for signing him and then pulling this.

I think Kevin Kolb would have been very good for them this season. Idiots.

Drunk Monkey
09-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Not only that, but he was involved in that shooting at a night club recently too.

He is TRASH.

As a dog owner and lover I hate the guy as much as everyone else but you are being a little drastic. The NFL and the police both cleared him of any wrong doing with the recent shooting.

crush17
09-21-2010, 04:42 PM
I am a pit bull owner first off, so it hits home a lot harder than just the average dog owner.

Second, I don't care if he was cleared, the guy who was shot was one of the guys who testified against Vick in court. And he was shot at Vick's event. Put two and two together.

That One Guy
09-21-2010, 04:43 PM
I am a pit bull owner first off, so it hits home a lot harder than just the average dog owner.

Second, I don't care if he was cleared, the guy who was shot was one of the guys who testified against Vick in court. And he was shot at Vick's event. Put two and two together.

And Vick claimed he was gone a half hour or something before the shooting and then video footage showed it was like 2 mins or something...

That One Guy
09-21-2010, 04:44 PM
On a good note though, my issues with Vick were always with his style of play. I'd venture, on the little I've seen, to say he may be a better pure QB now than before.

GreatBronco16
09-21-2010, 04:50 PM
There has been a lot of talk about this going on today, when Reid first announced that Kolb would be the starter. A lot of heat has been put on Reid, and I'd venture to guess that some of it was racial. Reid lets McNabb go so he can start the white QB, but he doesn't sit Kolb to start to black QB. One of the sportswriters hinted around to this on Around the Horn yesterday.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

I'm not saying it was racially driven, but I bet he got some heat on that end too.

RonDaChamp24
09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Vick earned the job. He played great last week. Glad to see him get a 2nd chance. We all deserve one. I'm completely against what he did in the past, but nothing can change it now. It's over and done with. We all deserve a 2nd chance. He's getting his.

GreatBronco16
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Vick earned the job. He played great last week. Glad to see him get a 2nd chance. We all deserve one. I'm completely against what he did in the past, but nothing can change it now. It's over and done with. We all deserve a 2nd chance. He's getting his.

How did he earn it? He didn't do anything in camp or preseason to 'earn' the job, so now after Kolb gets knocked out after like only 6 pass attempts, and Vick plays one game and beats the Lions of all teams, now he has 'earned' it?

Get out of here with that crap. He has barely earned the right to be on a NFL roster. And if it wasn't for that ex Colt coach and Philly being the only team to show interest, he'd be fighting dogs right now.

broncocalijohn
09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Benched:

Kevin Kolb
Matt Moore
Trent Edwards
Jason Campbell

Next:
Matt Cassel

You think anyone is putting a call to Houston for Matt Leinart? Anderson had bad numbers last week. That coach in AZ better be right about Derek Anderson or the backup better be able to perform. Not that Matt did anything spectacular in his career but his preseason wasnt too bad.
After two games, that is a lot of QBs losing their job.

broncocalijohn
09-21-2010, 05:01 PM
There has been a lot of talk about this going on today, when Reid first announced that Kolb would be the starter. A lot of heat has been put on Reid, and I'd venture to guess that some of it was racial. Reid lets McNabb go so he can start the white QB, but he doesn't sit Kolb to start to black QB. One of the sportswriters hinted around to this on Around the Horn yesterday.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

I'm not saying it was racially driven, but I bet he got some heat on that end too.

Unwritten rule: Starting QB doesnt lose his job from an injury. He barely was in the game so you cant say he had a fair chance to be the starter. Vick has looked good but Kolb has looked good as an Eagles QB in the past. Tough decision but too early to panic and replace him.

The MVPlaya
09-21-2010, 05:07 PM
This is a huge decision. Kolb was their 1st rounder/reason of trading McNabb...to put Kolb at the face of the franchise.

The only way I see this as a good decision is that they see Vick could have a future with the Eagles. This IS his contract year so this makes the situation a bit more complex...

baja
09-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Vick paid his dues to society, that's the way it works

And Vick played great last week, I'm sure the Eagles will start the player they believe gives them the best chance to win.

The MVPlaya
09-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Vick paid his dues to society, that's the way it works

And Vick played great last week, I'm sure the Eagles will start the player they believe gives them the best chance to win.

Exactly.

Vick paid his dues and has kept his name out of bad news since he got out. That incident at his bday was on some bull****. When you hang around people like he has, it's hard to avoid trouble. People will do ANYTHING for some money.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Some of you are overreacting.

Vick was sentenced in a court of law. He served his time. He was released. He was reinstated to the NFL, and has not done anything personally wrong since he got back. In fact, he looked pretty damn good last week in relief of Kolb, who looked... uh... let's say, LESS good.

I can understand saying that you don't think he served enough, but the judge in his case -- the only one who really matters -- thinks otherwise.

Saying this is racially motivated is just laughable at best. I could make a joke about how you're from "Bama baby," and how that might color your idea that it's racially motivated, when Vick clearly has the hot hand and maybe, just maybe, they're trying to win football games. But I won't.

The guy who owns the Bully in Denver... you could be sentenced as well. You're breaking the law as well. Just sayin'.

rbackfactory80
09-21-2010, 05:44 PM

Vick was sentenced in a court of law. He served his time. He was released. He was reinstated to the NFL, and has not done anything personally wrong since he got back. In fact, he looked pretty damn good last week in relief of Kolb, who looked... uh... let's say, LESS good.

I can understand saying that you don't think he served enough, but the judge in his case -- the only one who really matters -- thinks otherwise.

Saying this is racially motivated is just laughable at best. I could make a joke about how you're from "Bama baby," and how that might color your idea that it's racially motivated, when Vick clearly has the hot hand and maybe, just maybe, they're trying to win football games. But I won't.

The guy who owns the Bully in Denver... you could be sentenced as well. You're breaking the law as well. Just sayin'.

Wow. OK Uhh::deadhorse literally

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 05:48 PM
[/B]

Wow. OK Uhh::deadhorse literally

Hey man, it's true.

rbackfactory80
09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
As a dog owner and lover I hate the guy as much as everyone else but you are being a little drastic. The NFL and the police both cleared him of any wrong doing with the recent shooting.

Not a chance he is being drastic. I don't care one bit if Vick or his "homies' are shot or stabbed or whatever at the club but when you through a defenseless animal in the mix I have something to say.

He could be in jail for life for all I care. Some people don't deserve second chances, especially when animal electrocution is involved.

The thing that amazes me is how loyal these animals are and what they will do for love. After they are beaten they still love and respect their owners and love people in general. They are a far cry from humans.

rbackfactory80
09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey man, it's true.

To your warped perception of reality.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Missing from this thread: Perspective.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 05:53 PM
To your warped perception of reality.

No... actually, there IS a law against owning a Pit Bull in Denver city limits.

You know not what you speak, evidently.

rbackfactory80
09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
No... actually, there IS a law against owning a Pit Bull in Denver city limits.

You know not what you speak, evidently.

No I do understand that, the fact that you compare owning to murdering is where you lost me.

Dagmar
09-21-2010, 05:56 PM
A QB starved team surely, surely will trade for Kolb before the deadline.

Sorry for putting the thread off track...

The MVPlaya
09-21-2010, 05:57 PM
So now killing dogs is equivalent to killing and raping humans?

Cool story bro.

Anaximines
09-21-2010, 05:57 PM
He should be, he did great last game.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 05:58 PM
No I do understand that, the fact that you compare owning to murdering is where you lost me.

You lost yourself. Nowhere did I "compare" owning to murdering. Kindly re-read the thread, and remove the stick from your ass and your warped perception of reality.

You seem to think "do the crime, do the time," and that's fine, but it goes for every crime.

He did the crime. He was convicted. He did the time. Whether you think it's long enough is really immaterial.

As I said before: You have no perspective. You have lost your perspective. Do you donate to PETA?

rbackfactory80
09-21-2010, 05:59 PM
So now killing dogs is equivalent to killing and raping humans?

Cool story bro.

No you have it wrong, its equivalent at least to killing and raping scum bags.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 05:59 PM
A QB starved team surely, surely will trade for Kolb before the deadline.

Sorry for putting the thread off track...

I agree. Assuming he's actually on the block, and they're not just sticking with Vick because he's got the hot hand and maybe, just maybe, they want to make sure Kolb is ready after a concussion.

Nah, it's probably racially-motivated.

rmsanger
09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
woof woof... who let the dogs out?

crush17
09-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Hey man, it's true.

I used to think very highly of you as a poster here but youve completely changed that opinion in two quick responses.

You are absolutely out of your mind if you think you can compare owning a banned breed to what Vick did. Seriously man, that's just straight stupid.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 06:02 PM
I used to think very highly of you as a poster here but youve completely changed that opinion in two quick responses.

You are absolutely out of your mind if you think you can compare owning a banned breed to what Vick did. Seriously man, that's just straight stupid.

Holy ****. Kindly read what was said and don't just assume. Is said nothing of the sort.

rbackfactory80
09-21-2010, 06:03 PM
You lost yourself. Nowhere did I "compare" owning to murdering. Kindly re-read the thread, and remove the stick from your ass and your warped perception of reality.

You seem to think "do the crime, do the time," and that's fine, but it goes for every crime.

He did the crime. He was convicted. He did the time. Whether you think it's long enough is really immaterial.

As I said before: You have no perspective. You have lost your perspective. Do you donate to PETA?

You keep rooting for the scum of the earth to "get his due" I will keep rooting for him to get the due he deserves.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 06:04 PM
You keep rooting for the scum of the earth to "get his due" I will keep rooting for him to get the due he deserves.

http://www.petamall.com/buttons/Visa-Donate.gif

He did get the due he deserves. He was sentenced in a court of law, and did the time. You may think it was worth more, but once again, what you think is not worth a pound of dog ****.

crush17
09-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Holy ****. Kindly read what was said and don't just assume. Is said nothing of the sort.

Holy ****. I just did. Still have the same reaction.

Kindly explain to me just what the **** you meant then?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Reading comprehension is your friend. I clarified it above. Lemme just get that for you.

"You seem to think "do the crime, do the time," and that's fine, but it goes for every crime."

Which means it goes for owning a Pit Bull in city limits as well.

There ya go! If you read it as me comparing the two crimes, I'm sorry, that certainly wasn't my intention.

SoDak Bronco
09-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Woohooo..i thought I was going to have to pick up Sam Bradford in FF. My QB situation is much improved with Vick who I picked up last week (Stafford was my starter, with Big Ben in the wings). Vick is a great FF option for my crappy QB situation.

Steve Sewell
09-21-2010, 06:20 PM

He is TRASH.

^^ Drafted Kolb in his fantasy league

rbackfactory80
09-21-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.petamall.com/buttons/Visa-Donate.gif

He did get the due he deserves. He was sentenced in a court of law, and did the time. You may think it was worth more, but once again, what you think is not worth a pound of dog ****.

Well since you put it that way I guess my opinion=u.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey man, it's true.

Pitt Bulls, right or wrong, are illegal in Denver.

BroncoSojia
09-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Unwritten rule: Starting QB doesnt lose his job from an injury.

Drew Bledsoe and Don Majkowski says wtf?

Steve Sewell
09-21-2010, 06:32 PM

He said he broke the law, was subject to the court of law, and did his time.

Owning a banned breed is in Denver is against the law and offenders are also subject to the court of law.

How hard is this to understand?

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2010, 06:33 PM

You are either breaking the law or your aren't. He's not comparing the two crimes, but merely stating that they are both crimes. It was apparent in several of his posts.

Put another way:

Logically you can compare anything. From a 10,000 foot view they are either inclusive to some degree or mutually exclusive. In this case the poster was talking about where they are inclusive and in no way refering to how they are exclusive. Which is where your focus is. :)

rbackfactory80
09-21-2010, 06:35 PM
He said he broke the law, was subject to the court of law, and did his time.

Owning a banned breed is in Denver is against the law and offenders are also subject to the court of law.

How hard is this to understand?

Its very simple, maybe you are having the problem. He said you too can go to jail by just owning a pit bull in the same post as talking about Mike Vick serving his time. It seems that by putting the two together he is making light of the situation. He has made light of it in this thread so he basically is following suit.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Its very simple, maybe you are having the problem. He said you too can go to jail by just owning a pit bull in the same post as talking about Mike Vick serving his time. It seems* that by putting the two together he is making light of the situation. He has made light of it in this thread so he basically is following suit.

*to you

/fixed

I didn't "make light" of it at all. Not in the slightest. You want to believe that because, because... well, I guess I don't know WHY you want to believe that, but you do.

For the record, I'm a dog owner, and I think it's atrocious what Mike Vick did. I also think that once a man has paid his debt to society, he's perfectly within his rights to reenter that society and make a living for himself.

Whatever. Make another donation to PETA.

Steve Sewell
09-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Its very simple, maybe you are having the problem. He said you too can go to jail by just owning a pit bull in the same post as talking about Mike Vick serving his time. It seems that by putting the two together he is making light of the situation. He has made light of it in this thread so he basically is following suit.

It seemed to you.

Vick was convicted of a crime...it could have been jaywalking...served jail time, and suffered severe financial consequences. It appears that he is doing everything right at the moment.

The end.

broncocalijohn
09-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Drew Bledsoe and Don Majkowski says wtf?

I didnt write the unwritten rule. I just go by it.

Archer81
09-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I figured they would at least let Kolb play himself out of the job
He was struggling, but it was ONE GAME and he got knocked out

Not even a full game. A half.

:Broncos:

The MVPlaya
09-21-2010, 07:32 PM
The Vick experience is back

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="660" height="525" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Oag8iBB7HE" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Dagmar
09-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Not even a full game. A half.

He was going to be a starter and their new franchise QB and they gave him less than half a game. He surely must have value to a QB starved team to be worth a trade.

The MVPlaya
09-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Kolb knew what his future was.

http://www.mcall.com/media/photo/2010-08/187170240-11135115.jpg

Archer81
09-21-2010, 07:37 PM
He was going to be a starter and their new franchise QB and they gave him less than half a game. He surely must have value to a QB starved team to be worth a trade.

Arizona would be a good place. We thought Broncos fans were tough on QB's...give Kolb 26 minutes in the first game before they run to Vick.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Kolb knew what his future was.

http://www.mcall.com/media/photo/2010-08/187170240-11135115.jpg

That look seems racially motivated.

/retard'd

OBF1
09-21-2010, 07:53 PM
How did he earn it? He didn't do anything in camp or preseason to 'earn' the job, so now after Kolb gets knocked out after like only 6 pass attempts, and Vick plays one game and beats the Lions of all teams, now he has 'earned' it?

Get out of here with that crap. He has barely earned the right to be on a NFL roster. And if it wasn't for that ex Colt coach and Philly being the only team to show interest, he'd be fighting dogs right now.

I want to bet $100.00 on rin tin tin pleaseROFL!

The MVPlaya
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Michael Vick has been playing at a very high level. Another aspect he brings to the table that the Eagles like is the effect it'll have on McCoy. With Vick taking the snaps, the sides of the fields will open up for McCoy. Anyone care to see McCoy's stats from last game?

Vick dramatically alters game plans for apposing defenses and opens up the offense a lot more than Kolb.

To be clear Vick has shown that he gives the team the best chance to win, and that FO obviously realizes this.

cmhargrove
09-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Adam_Schefter

From the way the Eagles are handling this Mike Vick announcement, it sounds as if he has won the job for good. Amazing.

ProFootballTalk

Wow -- Eagles announce Mike Vick is the new starter. More coming at PFT.

mortreport

Andy reid has named Michael Vick as team's starting quarterback...

Call me a critical reader, but how did anyone rightly determine that Vick is the permanent starter from this tiny little blurb? Do I not know how to read "tweets?"

That One Guy
09-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Call me a critical reader, but how did anyone rightly determine that Vick is the permanent starter from this tiny little blurb? Do I not know how to read "tweets?"

Reid said a couple days ago that Kolb would start if healthy and that he was healthy. Now, two days later, they're naming Vick THE starter... not just for a game. Not saying Kolb relapsed. But THE starter.

In context I think it reads more permanent than it would out of context.

Pony Boy
09-21-2010, 08:50 PM

change it to pretty short leash and now we're talking...Hilarious!

Pony Boy
09-21-2010, 08:58 PM

This is easier to read......

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles have named Michael Vick the team's starting quarterback, coach Andy Reid said Tuesday.

"When someone is playing at the level Michael Vick is playing, you have to give him an opportunity," Reid said. "This isn't about Kevin Kolb's play. You're talking about Michael Vick as one the best quarterbacks in the NFL right now."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5601286

hookemhess
09-21-2010, 09:25 PM

He is TRASH.

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/corey-hess/0CEn8cTuOETprY0tenYt7puvdQFfdShLbryG2l0BBEsB38zJJN UiinPhHazm/michael_vick_eagles610x.jpg

ZONA
09-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Not going to comment on all that other stuff because I've wasted way too much time on it already. He played lights out on the field and that's all I'm going to say.

HAT
09-21-2010, 10:15 PM
"This isn't about Kevin Kolb's play. You're talking about Michael Vick as one the best quarterbacks in the NFL right now."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5601286

Please....we all know the Bears have the best QB in the league right now. Don't bitch about it....Just accept it. jhiz has said so.

GreatBronco16
09-21-2010, 10:16 PM

Way to not read my post at all. I made mention that this was talked about by one of the guys on around the horn. That was my reference for making the comment myself. And it is damn well possible that he felt just a little bit of heat on the racial side of this. Anyway, continue on. I hope Vick starts and gets bent over backwards and can't play anymore. Did his time or not, I don't care.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Way to not read my post at all. I made mention that this was talked about by one of the guys on around the horn. That was my reference for making the comment myself. And it is damn well possible that he felt just a little bit of heat on the racial side of this. Anyway, continue on. I hope Vick starts and gets bent over backwards and can't play anymore. Did his time or not, I don't care.

This post may be racially motivated.

extralife
09-21-2010, 10:54 PM
There are a lot of players in the NFL that are worse people than Michael Vick. A lot.

misturanderson
09-21-2010, 11:14 PM
There are a lot of players in the NFL that are worse people than Michael Vick. A lot.

Who? This guy did SADISTIC things to animals. ****ed up things. Involuntary manslaughter doesn't even come close to comparing.

extralife
09-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Leonard Little probably killed someone. Ray Lewis was an accomplice to murder in some capacity or another. There are innumerable sexual criminals on NFL rosters, repeat drunk drivers--idiots with no respect for actual people. Vick simply grew up in a manner that did not attach any particular worth to the lives of animals. Is that right? No, probably not. But I don't really think it makes him a bad person. For the vast majority of human history dogs and their ilk were tools and little else. This tells me it is not ingrained in our nature to value these things. I'm not going to be an apologist for what he did, but he went to jail for it and lost millions upon millions of dollars. He's never done anything else, and at least <i>I</I> get the impression that he's come to understand the nature of what he did. He has improved himself as a human being. That's something of a rare quality, particularly for young, rich people.

Broncosfreak_56
09-22-2010, 12:47 AM
I was really impressed with him both games so far this year. He deserves a shot to start. As for his past, that is exactly what it is. Everyone makes mistakes, and to not allow people a second chance is pathetic.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 12:51 AM
People mad at Vick should check out some videos of what they do to pigs and cows for our food and fast food.

Then try and come back and talk some ****. You'd probably tremble as you roll your mouse to the post button realizing what a ****ing dumb fuccer you are.

Until then Vick has redeemed himself whether your hating ass likes it or not.

tsiguy96
09-22-2010, 04:31 AM
People mad at Vick should check out some videos of what they do to pigs and cows for our food and fast food.

Then try and come back and talk some ****. You'd probably tremble as you roll your mouse to the post button realizing what a ****ing dumb fuccer you are.

2 years in jail doesnt redeem someone from choking and drowning practice dogs to death, or watching 2 pits fight to teh literal death if from nothing else, from pure exhaustion. setting up female pits on a rape stand so tehy can get as many dogs as possible, bringing in defenseless practice dogs so they can train their pits to attack. youre joking yourself if someone who did what he did to those dogs can just be redeemed after 2 years in jail, what he did is far beyond that.

broncocalijohn
09-22-2010, 04:37 AM

dont ever compare consumption of food from animals to making dogs fight and have them suffer and often die from injuries. Add the fact that it was also illegal gambling on these dog fights. You are one dumb ****er for even comparing what we eat to what Vick did. You want to talk about how great a player he is, fine. He has been damn good so far. DONT EVER make us try to feel guilty and that we are the same or worse. I dont need to see how that tasty burger gets to my plate. That is the governments job on that subject.

DivineLegion
09-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Who? This guy did SADISTIC things to animals. ****ed up things. Involuntary manslaughter doesn't even come close to comparing.

http://www.procanes.com/files/page18_blog_entry328_1.jpg

2KBack
09-22-2010, 05:19 AM
dont ever compare consumption of food from animals to making dogs fight and have them suffer and often die from injuries. Add the fact that it was also illegal gambling on these dog fights. You are one dumb ****er for even comparing what we eat to what Vick did. You want to talk about how great a player he is, fine. He has been damn good so far. DONT EVER make us try to feel guilty and that we are the same or worse. I dont need to see how that tasty burger gets to my plate. That is the governments job on that subject.

Not to mention the torture involved in training those dogs to be killers.

FireFly
09-22-2010, 05:28 AM

I don't like Vick, and the Eagles are one of my least liked teams... but when you put it that way, it's hard to argue with!

2KBack
09-22-2010, 05:45 AM
I don't like Vick, and the Eagles are one of my least liked teams... but when you put it that way, it's hard to argue with!

Not that hard. I believe in second chances for the most part. Maybe for a problem with drugs or anger managment issues that lead to unfortunate legal troubles.

Vick ran what amounts to an illegal underground gambling organization that specialized in the torture and murder of Dogs. You can't say, "oops, I didn't know it was illegal. Gimmie another chance."

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 05:53 AM

I am an owner of 3 dogs. Keep that in mind as you read.

This topic is essentially about, humans vs non-humans at it's core, and our abuse/over power of them.

Have you ever seen or watched how they make the food we eat? I mean, have you ever had to sit through an hour of video of how our meat is made? It touches your soul. It SCARS your soul. People are more mad at Michael Vick than the government on how they handle the process of making food. Have you seen how they make the eggs that you eat everyday? You should. You might learn something. Be prepared.

I am not making you feel guilty, it's reality. You feeling guilty is your reaction, I am just informing you of what happens and asking you to at least learn.

Dogs are animals, and just because here in the US we don't eat them, that doesn't mean there aren't other places in the world that don't...that goes with cats too. While some other cultures believe that goats/elephants are holy, some other places eat them (goat). There are places in the world where they eat monkey brains while the monkey is still alive. They cut the skull off, and the half brain comes up from the middle of the table and you dig in. It is reality. It's just morals, and some people don't realize everyone's moral's are not the same.

At the end of the day, dogs are just animals that the US values as a sentimental, loving, and entertainment figure. That's our reality.

Vick grew up in a reality that you fight dogs for fun/entertainment value/making money. In other countries, they fight chickens, crickets, fish, dogs, etc. That's their reality. Are you or anybody else saying, **** those countries because they do that? They can't help themselves, that's all they know.

I am not a supporter of dog fighting, nor have I ever witnessed it. I've seen fish and cricket fight though, and I can't imagine dog fighting. I think it is wrong, but I'm not here to HATE other people because of how they grew up.

Michael Vick fought/killed dogs... that's his fault and people want him to pay the price for the rest of his life and not give a man a chance to redeem himself? What the **** is wrong with you people? I hope no one is religious in this category. God supposedly forgives people for some of the sickest sh*t on earth, let alone fighting dogs.

He learned his lesson, and that's ALL you can ask for. To sit here and put a stamp of hatred on him for his LIFE shows a sign of confusion over your sentimental awareness. He served his time, did what he was asked, and has shown that he can be a better person.

If you haven't seen videos of how they make our food (eggs/meat), then you won't truly understand my post. People who have probably will understand more...

I will compare what our government does to these cows and chickens for capitalism to Vick fighting dogs for entertainment. It's humans vs non-humans at IT'S CORE. The difference is one continues to do so and the other has learned their lesson to become a better.

Get ****in real, and in line with reality of the whole damn world, humans are tortured, animals are tortured, it is what it ****in is, and the only thing you can ask is for people to LEARN about what they're doing.

These people who sit here and hate on Vick and wish for him to rot in hell and die are on some other sh*t, no better than the people fighting dogs themselves in my book. Can't give a human a chance to learn his lesson... what the **** does that make you? A ****in hypocrite.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Not to mention the torture involved in training those dogs to be killers.

Nike tortures little kids and women to make our shoes, I bet you or someone in your family own a pair.

Oh no, YOU GUYS ARE HORRIBLE.

2KBack
09-22-2010, 06:05 AM
Nike tortures little kids and women to make our shoes, I bet you or someone in your family own a pair.

Oh no, YOU GUYS ARE HORRIBLE.

Actually that's kinda of a myth. US companies pay terrible wages in terrible conditions in other countries, if you compare them to here. Yet in those countries these torturous jobs you speak of are highly sought after, because they are the best jobs available.

Don't let your own cultural lens effect your perspective right?

you are correct in that other countries have their own cultural acceptances and taboos. I would never dare to make an all beef hamburger in India, not happening. That said, in the USA Dogs are valued companions. Calling dogfighting a cultural norm is asinine. I would argue that it is insulting, claiming that a sub-culture is so ignorant of the society around them that they can't help but violate their norms. Vick violated the rules of the culture in which he resides, he cannot feign ignorance. It is not an excuse.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:06 AM
2 years in jail doesnt redeem someone from choking and drowning practice dogs to death, or watching 2 pits fight to teh literal death if from nothing else, from pure exhaustion. setting up female pits on a rape stand so tehy can get as many dogs as possible, bringing in defenseless practice dogs so they can train their pits to attack. youre joking yourself if someone who did what he did to those dogs can just be redeemed after 2 years in jail, what he did is far beyond that.

Who are you to judge if 2 years is or isn't enough? At the end of the day, its just the judicial system that he has to deal with, the rest of you retards are confused over morals of different people.

Let's not forget, Michael Vick is on a different pedestal than the average person, he can influence more people, positive or negative...and if he can show that it's positive that alone deserves to be taken into account.

driver
09-22-2010, 06:12 AM

Who says? He's dog s__T when you step in it you clean your boot and get rid of it. He should've been banned for life. Compare what he got to what happened to Pete Rose. All he did was bet on his team, and don't tell me their comparable crimes, thats pure bs!!

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Actually that's kinda of a myth. US companies pay terrible wages in terrible conditions in other countries, if you compare them to here. Yet in those countries these torturous jobs you speak of are highly sought after, because they are the best jobs available.

It's not a myth, it's real. There are 2 sides of the story though, and like you said 1 side says that even tho they pay like ****, they're the most sought after jobs... the other side says they pay like **** and the conditions are horrible.

At the end of the day it's taking advantage. It's OUR morals to treat people as respectable humans, and making an excuse that oh, in this country - these people love the jobs!... is a pure bull**** excuse to get passed to people who fight for these poor countries' rights.

Just because they seek after it, doesn't mean that you're doing the right thing.

You pay a women for sex. She's seeking it, you're helping her out by providing her financial support. Does this make this act right? It's morals, man.

Don't me wrong, if I was the owner of Nike I'd do the same thing... but my point is, that it is reality.

Don't let your own cultural lens effect your perspective right?

you are correct in that other countries have their own cultural acceptances and taboos. I would never dare to make an all beef hamburger in India, not happening. That said, in the USA Dogs are valued companions. Calling dogfighting a cultural norm is asinine. I would argue that it is insulting, claiming that a sub-culture is so ignorant of the society around them that they can't help but violate their norms. Vick violated the rules of the culture in which he resides, he cannot feign ignorance. It is not an excuse.

How can you call them ignorant if that is THEIR reality? That's my POINT, it IS an excuse because that's HOW he grew up. You call a kid a dumbass and not being able to graduate high school because he grew up in a ****ty ass neighborhood with a ****ty ass school, now he can't get a job, etc... whose fault is THIS?

Vick violated the culture of the majority of the US, but not the whole US. In his culture of which he grew up, that WAS his culture to fight dogs for entertainment JUST like other countries fight chickens and dogs.

I forgot the number, but they say the dog fighting scene in the US brings in a significant amount of money... that **** is real and most of these people probably wouldn't be doing it if they had grown up in a different place that values dogs more and SEES the loving/companionship of dogs for different people.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Let me also clarify, I think Mike Vick is a ****ing idiot for doing what he did... but he deserves a 2nd chance and to put a stamp of hatred on him for the rest of his life because he tortured/fought some dogs is retarded.

If you guys have this much passion for animal torture, you guys have NO EXCUSE for NOT being a vegan.

^^^ I'm 100% serious.

It's just easier to wish death and torture upon other people, but when it comes to your values and your reality, the whole story takes a 180 degree turn.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Who says? He's dog s__T when you step in it you clean your boot and get rid of it. He should've been banned for life. Compare what he got to what happened to Pete Rose. All he did was bet on his team, and don't tell me their comparable crimes, thats pure bs!!

Baseball...football..

bud selig = worst owner in sports

Goodell = best owner in sports

2KBack
09-22-2010, 06:30 AM
It's not a myth, it's real. There are 2 sides of the story though, and like you said 1 side says that even tho they pay like ****, they're the most sought after jobs... the other side says they pay like **** and the conditions are horrible.

At the end of the day it's taking advantage. It's OUR morals to treat people as respectable humans, and making an excuse that oh, in this country - these people love the jobs!... is a pure bull**** excuse to get passed to people who fight for these poor countries' rights.

Just because they seek after it, doesn't mean that you're doing the right thing.

You pay a women for sex. She's seeking it, you're helping her out by providing her financial support. Does this make this act right? It's morals, man.

Don't me wrong, if I was the owner of Nike I'd do the same thing... but my point is, that it is reality.

How can you call them ignorant if that is THEIR reality? That's my POINT, it IS an excuse because that's HOW he grew up. You call a kid a dumbass and not being able to graduate high school because he grew up in a ****ty ass neighborhood with a ****ty ass school, now he can't get a job, etc... whose fault is THIS?

Vick violated the culture of the majority of the US, but the whole US. In his culture of which he grew up, that WAS his culture to fight dogs for entertainment JUST like other countries fight chickens and dogs.

I forgot the number, but they say the dog fighting scene in the US brings in a significant amount of money... that **** is real and most of these people probably wouldn't be doing it if they had grown up in a different place that values dogs more and SEES the loving/companionship of dogs for different people.

I think you are going to go crazy trying to do this. On one hand you claim you cannot judge morals based on your own cultural perspectives, yet you claim that US companies have to do this in developing countries because it's "Morals man." Aren't you arguing that morals are based on your environment? That morality for one culture is different than another based on their experience. So who are you to judge the vastly improved working conditions that companies provide? By that cultural perspective they are not only moral, they are humanitarian.

Vick's violations on the other hand are completely different. He may have been in an environment were it was socially accepted in a very limited capacity, but that environment was well aware of how it violated the rules of greater society. Otherwise it wouldn't have to be kept secret. It isn't a surprise to anyone in that sub-culture that society was so appalled. My degree is in Conflict Analysis and it is thins type of cultural clash that we deal with a lot. Sub-cultures are well aware of what rules of society they are violating, often violating them on purpose as a way of rebelling against a system they find unjust. Sometimes they are right, but they still knowingly violate these rules and are rightfully subject to the ensuing backlash or punishment.

broncogary
09-22-2010, 06:38 AM
Baseball...football..

Goodell is not an owner.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:44 AM
I think you are going to go crazy trying to do this. On one hand you claim you cannot judge morals based on your own cultural perspectives, yet you claim that US companies have to do this in developing countries because it's "Morals man." Aren't you arguing that morals are based on your environment? That morality for one culture is different than another based on their experience. So who are you to judge the vastly improved working conditions that companies provide? By that cultural perspective they are not only moral, they are humanitarian.

I am not saying they do, I just told you above that if I was the owner of Nike I'd do the same thing.

I am not judging the "vastly" improved working conditions. I am telling you what it is to our knowledge.

1st off, it's not always like this, sometimes the conditions are just as ****ty, and when I'm talking conditions I'm talking about things like work ours, lunch breaks, management, ETC.

I'm telling you, the companies know it is complete crap but they take advantage of it for their own benefit.

You think the people in these 3rd world countries DON'T know how ****ty their lives is? You think they don't know how much they have to struggle on a daily basis? You think they don't dream about what it is like over here in the US?

They know, we know... it might be better that what they already have --> it is is still ****. The federations they fight for these countries rights are in agreement with what I'm saying, as in, even though it might be better than what that country offers, they know it's complete ****... so slowly these huge companies like Nike are trying to improve.

Like I said, it's just humans taking advantage of other humans and their reality.

Vick's violations on the other hand are completely different. He may have been in an environment were it was socially accepted in a very limited capacity, but that environment was well aware of how it violated the rules of greater society. Otherwise it wouldn't have to be kept secret. It isn't a surprise to anyone in that sub-culture that society was so appalled. My degree is in Conflict Analysis and it is thins type of cultural clash that we deal with a lot. Sub-cultures are well aware of what rules of society they are violating, often violating them on purpose as a way of rebelling against a system they find unjust. Sometimes they are right, but they still knowingly violate these rules and are rightfully subject to the ensuing backlash or punishment.

I agree with you, he and the dog fighting circle know it is wrong. I am not excusing them for what they're doing, and Vick was never excused for what he did. He served his time, went through the legal process, dealt with the judicial system, dealt with the NFL system, put in hours and hours of positive influence, forced to get to know the PETA really well... ETC... he learned and he improved as an individual.

So why is it that people still wish torture/death upon Michael Vick? No one deserves a 2nd chance? Or is it that in this situation, he doesn't because it's dogs and you love animals so much?

Let me be clear, I agree he did something wrong and should have been punished, and he DID...

Yet people think they're morals, opinions, and feelings for animals are bigger than another human.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Goodell is not an owner.

my bad, I meant commissioner, head hauncho, top dog, ceo, emperor, judge, king, etc... you guys get the point. :sunshine:

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:52 AM
I want to see Michael Vick succeed and by all means I hope he does.

Someone dealing with adversity on the level of his and to get through all of it is a beautiful thing.

That is succeeding in the NFL on and off the field.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 06:54 AM

The judge in his case disagrees.

driver
09-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Baseball...football..

They aren't owners they're commisioners, Goddell the best? Hardley?
If there had been any justice in this mess they would have taken him and tossed him in a pen with a half dozen of the animals he abused for about 2 or3 minutes. The man is a Sociopath. If you have any doubt's about what that means, get out the Websters and look it up.

2KBack
09-22-2010, 06:56 AM
I am not saying they do, I just told you above that if I was the owner of Nike I'd do the same thing.

I am not judging the "vastly" improved working conditions. I am telling you what it is to our knowledge.

1st off, it's not always like this, sometimes the conditions are just as ****ty, and when I'm talking conditions I'm talking about things like work ours, lunch breaks, management, ETC.

I'm telling you, the companies know it is complete crap but they take advantage of it for their own benefit.

You think the people in these 3rd world countries DON'T know how ****ty their lives is? You think they don't know how much they have to struggle on a daily basis? You think they don't dream about what it is like over here in the US?

They know, we know... it might be better that what they already have --> it is is still ****. The federations they fight for these countries rights are in agreement with what I'm saying, as in, even though it might be better than what that country offers, they know it's complete ****... so slowly these huge companies like Nike are trying to improve.

Like I said, it's just humans taking advantage of other humans and their reality.

I agree with you, he and the dog fighting circle know it is wrong. I am not excusing them for what they're doing, and Vick was never excused for what he did. He served his time, went through the legal process, dealt with the judicial system, dealt with the NFL system, put in hours and hours of positive influence, forced to get to know the PETA really well... ETC... he learned and he improved as an individual.

So why is it that people still wish torture/death upon Michael Vick? No one deserves a 2nd chance? Or is it that in this situation, he doesn't because it's dogs and you love animals so much?

Let me be clear, I agree he did something wrong and should have been punished, and he DID...

Yet people think they're morals, opinions, and feelings for animals are bigger than another human.

I'm gonna lay off the sweat shop thing, because I actually don't think we are that far off in our thinking on those in particular, just your use in trying to equate that to peoples Vick outrage.

I think the concept of thinking Vick has done is debt to society, and having to then accept him are two different things.

You are right, legally, he has done everything that should be expected of him for the actual legal violations he had. He also has a right to make a living in the best way he knows how, which in this case is football. This is all fine I think. You cannot take away peoples hate of him though. In the minds of many many people Vick has performed heinous acts. No one has the right to tell them that they can't hate Vick for that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 06:56 AM
Not that hard. I believe in second chances for the most part. Maybe for a problem with drugs or anger managment issues that lead to unfortunate legal troubles.

Vick ran what amounts to an illegal underground gambling organization that specialized in the torture and murder of Dogs. You can't say, "oops, I didn't know it was illegal. Gimmie another chance."

Surely bank robbers know what they're doing is illegal. Do they not deserve a second chance?

Surely the people involved in the savings and loan scandals in the 80s knew what they were doing was illegal. Second chance for them?

People doing drugs? They didn't think they were doing anything wrong, right? Second chance?

Sorry, but you don't get to pick and choose who meets some arbitrary threshold in your mind of who "deserves" a second chance. Doesn't work that way.

Vick was convicted. He did the time required of his conviction. Period.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:58 AM
If there had been any justice in this mess they would have taken him and tossed him in a pen with a half dozen of the animals he abused for about 2 or3 minutes. The man is a Sociopath. If you have any doubt's about what that means, get out the Websters and look it up.

Goodell is better than Selig and David Stern... not even close.

That's a great philosophy for justice.::)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 07:00 AM

Get a ****ing grip on yourself.

Pete Rose broke a rule of BASEBALL, which is why he was BANNED FROM BASEBALL. The two aren't comparable, not in any way whatsoever. And while I don't agree with the banning of Rose and think he should be in the Hall, HIS sentence actually WAS handed down from someone within his league, and according to that sentence he has not yet paid his debt.

Mike Vick has.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 07:02 AM

Honestly, you sound like a sociopath too. If Vick is one, you're not much better.

2KBack
09-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Surely bank robbers know what they're doing is illegal. Do they not deserve a second chance?

Surely the people involved in the savings and loan scandals in the 80s knew what they were doing was illegal. Second chance for them?

People doing drugs? They didn't think they were doing anything wrong, right? Second chance?

Sorry, but you don't get to pick and choose who meets some arbitrary threshold in your mind of who "deserves" a second chance. Doesn't work that way.

Keep reading m'man, I'm talking about the court of public opinion. I don't care that he's back and playing ball, that's the way the system works. I don't have to like the guy because he settled his legal debts.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm gonna lay off the sweat shop thing, because I actually don't think we are that far off in our thinking on those in particular, just your use in trying to equate that to peoples Vick outrage.

I think the concept of thinking Vick has done is debt to society, and having to then accept him are two different things.

You are right, legally, he has done everything that should be expected of him for the actual legal violations he had. He also has a right to make a living in the best way he knows how, which in this case is football. This is all fine I think. You cannot take away peoples hate of him though. In the minds of many many people Vick has performed heinous acts. No one has the right to tell them that they can't hate Vick for that.

I am not trying to take it away, I am questioning it.

And my main argument is consistency, however I got sidetracked into other things.

This is pretty much, in a small nutshell, all I'm trying to say:

If you guys have this much passion for animal torture, you guys have NO EXCUSE for NOT being a vegan.

^^^ I'm 100% serious.

It's just easier to wish death and torture upon other people, but when it comes to your values and your reality, the whole story takes a 180 degree turn.

If you want to get REAL deep... the NFL is just entertainment, and as fans we like watching humans punish and inflict pain on other humans (not that causes death tho) but things that cause concussions, life long injuries, severe injuries, shorter life expectancy (this has improved), etc...

Or paying boxers/mma fighters to fight each other and pummel the **** out of each other.

I know non of these equate to death and all involve choice.

Then you can bring up the case that no one is forcing them to do so...however when you're offering that much money to play football/boxing/mma, and put your body on the line

How is this any different that paying a women for sex?

It's taking advantage of other humans for the value of what we call money.

Dog fighters take advantage of the dogs for entertainment. Dogs don't have a choice though...and it involves death and torture...then you bring in the element of human vs non human. Do they ever have a choice with their owner? Do they have have a choice of having a ****ty owner or a loving one? Never.

Just sayin...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Keep reading m'man, I'm talking about the court of public opinion. I don't care that he's back and playing ball, that's the way the system works. I don't have to like the guy because he settled his legal debts.

I gotcha. And I agree, you don't have to like him.

However, I think some of the people calling for him to be locked into a dog cage for 5 minutes are a bit over the top, as are those saying he should be banned for life from the game.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:14 AM

However, I think some of the people calling for him to be locked into a dog cage for 5 minutes are a bit over the top, as are those saying he should be banned for life from the game.

Exactly... the same guy that called Vick a sociopath said a few words before he'd like to see Vick shredded into bones, meat, and other human pieces by dogs.

Lev Vyvanse
09-22-2010, 07:14 AM

I shouldn’t feel the way I do because the government says so?

tsiguy96
09-22-2010, 07:16 AM
I shouldn’t feel the way I do because the government says so?

i was just going to say that, why is he trying to tell us that we should feel teh way we do about a guy that purposely tortures, fights and kills animals just because the govt doesnt value animal life?

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Let me also say, you can hate Vick for what he did, that's not my target audience. People hate Jay Cutler, McDaniels...etc it is what it is.

I'm talking about the people like "driver" here wishing death upon Vick and talking as if they're above the legal system, talking about how Vick shouldn't deserve a second chance, he should rot in prison forever, never be given a chance at life or football again...etc.

2KBack
09-22-2010, 07:17 AM

Can't take a guys right to make a living away, that's equally as wrong as anything else.

MVP:
Choice is where the line is usually drawn. As a society we are willing to accept just about any form of sick entertainment, as long as it is the choice of the participants to be there.

Garcia Bronco
09-22-2010, 07:17 AM
I guess in the Philippines, since they practice cock and dog fighting, that they are sociopaths. Or it could be a cultural thing or a piece of their economy.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:18 AM
i was just going to say that, why is he trying to tell us that we should feel teh way we do about a guy that purposely tortures, fights and kills animals just because the govt doesnt value animal life?

TorturED

He doesn't torture animals today... people talking about Vick torturing dogs in the present tense expose themselves of unbalanced reality.

jhns
09-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Vick has been pretty good. This is a good move for them.

Also, like any of you really care about dogs. They are animals. Do you really think these scavenger, wandering, animals want to sit in your house and yard their entire loves? Dog owners are just as cruel to animals as Vick. Anyways, who cares? They are dogs... They would be killed and eaten in most other places on this planet.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Can't take a guys right to make a living away, that's equally as wrong as anything else.

MVP:
Choice is where the line is usually drawn. As a society we are willing to accept just about any form of sick entertainment, as long as it is the choice of the participants to be there.

I don't think you can convince the majority of people that paying for sex is cool.

I'm not 100% sure though... I mean it is a huge market...

2KBack
09-22-2010, 07:24 AM
I don't think you can convince the majority of people that paying for sex is cool.

I'm not 100% sure though... I mean it is a huge market...

In Nevada, where a prostitute has rights and health care and such...it's cool as ****.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:26 AM
In Nevada, where a prostitute has rights and health care and such...it's cool as ****.

LOL

majority of US? You think you can walk around and start up a conversation about how nice the girl you ****ed the other night was and the bargain you got?

Buy 1 hour get 1 hour free!

Or a 2 for 1...

YEAH, these are the best.:yayaya:

NYC Bronco
09-22-2010, 07:27 AM

I think you have to factor in cost to determine coolness. How much we talking here?

Lev Vyvanse
09-22-2010, 07:28 AM

Also, like any of you really care about dogs. They are animals. Do you really think these scavenger, wandering, animals want to sit in your house and yard their entire loves? Dog owners are just as cruel to animals as Vick. Anyways, who cares? They are dogs... They would be killed and eaten in most other places on this planet.

I'd bet you love fire and have a bed-wetting problem.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:28 AM
I think you have to factor in cost to determine coolness. How much we talking here?

Hilarious!

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Oh this reminds me...

a significant amount of women are abducted and tricked to come to America. They're shipped from other countries to the US and forced into prostitution every year, and this number is growing... they have pimps and have no choice of avoiding gang bangs, cocks that are too big, catching AIDs, pain, etc... no medical safety either. Oh, and we can also say, the life is better here for some, since it is America and all.

I don't see riots off this **** though. And this is HUMANS..people.

I can get the number later today.

tsiguy96
09-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Oh this reminds me...

a significant amount of women are abducted and tricked to come to America. They're shipped from other countries to the US and forced into prostitution every year, and this number is growing... they have pimps and have no choice of avoiding gang bangs, cocks that are too big, catching AIDs, pain, etc... no medical safety either. Oh, and we can also say, the life is better here for some, since it is America and all.

I don't see riots off this **** though. And this is HUMANs bud.

good stuff, so because people torture other people, it makes fighting dogs ok. good logic there buddy.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:36 AM
good stuff, so because people torture other people, it makes fighting dogs ok. good logic there buddy.

Yeah that's exactly the message I've been preaching this whole time.

Good information processing there, buddy.

jhns
09-22-2010, 07:37 AM
I'd bet you love fire and have a bed-wetting problem.

Why would I like fire? Bed wetting is more up your alley, pussy.

2KBack
09-22-2010, 07:47 AM
LOL

majority of US? You think you can walk around and start up a conversation about how nice the girl you ****ed the other night was and the bargain you got?

Buy 1 hour get 1 hour free!

Or a 2 for 1...

YEAH, these are the best.:yayaya:

Of course not, I'm too classy to talk about my purchased romances.

I am a sucker for a bargain though, hard to keep smart shopping to yourself.

2KBack
09-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Oh this reminds me...

I don't see riots off this **** though. And this is HUMANS..people.

i think you might see said riots if a superstar professional Athlete is caught human trafficking for prostitution.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Of course not, I'm too classy to talk about my purchased romances.

And if beautiful women asks you about your past prices you've paid and she'll give you a deal you can't turn down...

2KBack
09-22-2010, 07:51 AM
And if beautiful women asks you about your past prices you've paid and she'll give you a deal you can't turn down...

I'll buy that for a dollar!
http://blog.laptopmag.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/buyfordollar.jpg

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:51 AM
i think you might see said riots if a superstar professional Athlete is caught human trafficking for prostitution.

That's true... I don't think you'd catch one trafficking but

Professional athletes pay for sex all the time... and sometimes you just don't know where they're from (obviously)

So if one gets caught with a female that was trafficked... I still don't think it would be a big deal as this Vick case.

Lev Vyvanse
09-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Why would I like fire? Bed wetting is more up your alley, p***Y.

Repetitive episodes of humiliation can lead to feelings of frustration and anger, which need to somehow be released in order to return to a normal state of self-worth. Fire starting and animal cruelty is a way for you to feel as if you were retaliating against those who abused, frustrated, or humiliated you. Your bed-wetting is related to firesetting and animal cruelty.

After observing your interactions on this forum I just assumed.

2KBack
09-22-2010, 07:56 AM
That's true... I don't think you'd catch one trafficking but

Professional athletes pay for sex all the time... and sometimes you just don't know where they're from (obviously)

So if one gets caught with a female that was trafficked... I still don't think it would be a big deal as this Vick case.

We do love our Dogs here.

Also the vast majority of people feel isolated from concepts like forced prostitution. They feel that these are problems for other less civilized places, they are wrong, but that is likely the feeling. On the other hand Dogs are a daily part of life here. It's relatable. People can imagine their dogs being killed, but not their wife/mother/daughter being sold into sex slavery.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 07:58 AM
We do love our Dogs here.

Also the vast majority of people feel isolated from concepts like forced prostitution. They feel that these are problems for other less civilized places, they are wrong, but that is likely the feeling. On the other hand Dogs are a daily part of life here. It's relatable. People can imagine their dogs being killed, but not their wife/mother/daughter being sold into sex slavery.

Yeah, when you capitalize the "d" in dog like it's a "G" in God... I'm sure dogs are a part of your daily life.

But I agree with this post...

couldn't have said it better.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:01 AM
However, it does still support what I'm saying - which is ---->

People lack consistency when it comes to these things like wishing death/torture upon Michael Vick and their passion of hatred towards him his a player and individual.

2KBack
09-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah, when you capitalize the "d" in dog like it's a "G" in God... I'm sure dogs are a part of your daily life.

But I agree with this post...

couldn't have said it better.

interesting that you caught that. I am a dog person, and that plays heavily into my opinion I admit that. If he was fighting cats I probably wouldn't give a ****...I hate cats :)

Rabb
09-22-2010, 08:08 AM
the Mane is so great anymore, any topic...any time

instant arguing and douchery

it's right up there with the ESPN forums at this point

2KBack
09-22-2010, 08:09 AM

I kinda thought this thread did alright. I wonder if my standards have dipped

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:10 AM

This is probably the most productive discussion on the mane with very little name calling and douchery.

I think you picked the wrong thread for your post.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 08:12 AM
However, it does still support what I'm saying - which is ---->

People lack consistency when it comes to these things like wishing death/torture upon Michael Vick and their passion of hatred towards him his a player and individual.

What are you talking about? You took an A B topic and added C D E F and G. Yes we know other horrible things go on in this world but this is a football forum, and Mike Vick plays football. Vick did horrible things to animals therefore we can discuss them here.

Whats wrong with me wishing death and torture to Vick? I happened to care greatly about animals. Apparently you really don't and your justification comes from other atrocities that take place in this world. You can tell a great deal about a person by how they treat animals. Many who have posted in this thread have confirmed what type of character they are.

jhns
Repetitive episodes of humiliation can lead to feelings of frustration and anger, which need to somehow be released in order to return to a normal state of self-worth. Fire starting and animal cruelty is a way for you to feel as if you were retaliating against those who abused, frustrated, or humiliated you. Your bed-wetting is related to firesetting and animal cruelty.

After observing your interactions on this forum I just assumed.

I haven't abused animals. I just don't care that others do. You dog owners are the cause of millions of them being slaughtered here by the humane society. Most other countries slaughter dogs in the streets in mass dog hunts becuase they are considered pests. It is even common in most countries, including Mexico, for people to kill and eat dogs. This country has just turned into a bunch of pussies, like you. They are dogs, get over it. You torture them if you own them anyways. They get no freedom and are stuck locked away in your house. That is jail. Would you want to live like that?

People abuse and fight many animals all over the world and those countries, like Mexico, don't have a big fire starting problem. Your rationale is pretty dumb.

Again, you are just a bunch of pussies. They are dogs.

broncswin
I am a bad person...I started him in one of my fantasy leagues...the guy had a monster week!!

Rabb
09-22-2010, 08:13 AM
I don't think so, I think we are just getting used to it. It's always the same people flaming the same people, and I will admit I fall into the trap also.

I'll shut up and just back away and go with the "you don't have to read it" thing. It doesn't matter what I think anyhow.

Go Broncos.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:13 AM
I am a bad person...I started him in one of my fantasy leagues...the guy had a monster week!!

Jesus Christ, your ****ing avatar is not safe for kids.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:20 AM
What are you talking about? You took an A B topic and added C D E F and G. Yes we know other horrible things go on in this world but this is a football forum, and Mike Vick plays football. Vick did horrible things to animals therefore we can discuss them here.

Whats wrong with me wishing death and torture to Vick? I happened to care greatly about animals. Apparently you really don't and your justification comes from other atrocities that take place in this world. You can tell a great deal about a person by how they treat animals. Many who have posted in this thread have confirmed what type of character they are.

Sometimes you need C D E F G to understand A B. Sometimes A isn't because of B, but B is because of C, but C is explained further more by D, which is backed by E...etc.

Vick did horrible things to animals, true, and we discuss them here, TRUE. However, people have more passion towards the hatred of Vick than some of the things I discussed.

The thing Vick brings along is the discussion of animal torture, which is what branched off to all this other ****.

So in LINE with the discussion of animal torture, are you a vegan? If not, then you're being hypocritical by supporting what the US government does. Or does this only apply to dogs?

What's wrong with you wishing death and torture upon Vick?

In other words, what's wrong with you being ok if Michael Vick was tortured and thrown into a pack of wolves and chewed up for dinner?

What's wrong with you being sadistically happy if Vick was sent to rot in prison for the rest of his life?

I'll let you come to that conclusion yourself.

(advice from Lev Vyvanse)

Lev Vyvanse
09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
I haven't abused animals. I just don't care that others do. You dog owners are the cause of millions of them being slaughtered here by the humane society. Most other countries slaughter dogs in the streets in mass dog hunts becuase they are considered pests. It is even common in most countries, including Mexico, for people to kill and eat dogs. This country has just turned into a bunch of pussies, like you. They are dogs, get over it. You torture them if you own them anyways. They get no freedom and are stuck locked away in your house. That is jail. Would you want to live like that?

People abuse and fight many animals all over the world and those countries, like Mexico, don't have a big fire starting problem. Your rationale is pretty dumb.

Again, you are just a bunch of pussies. They are dogs.

I noticed that a retort to the bed-wetting allegation is suspiciously absent from your response.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:23 AM
rbackfactory80

Oh and yes sometimes you can see what type of character they are by how they treat animals...and this whole time I've been talking about how sometimes that is uncontrollable...and he was already held accountable for what he did and he has been through hours and hours of positive service in the animal community, through PETA, etc...received good reports from PETA and all that....

Your inability to forgive a person and give them a 2nd chance, rather than that your ability to still wish death and torture upon someone because of their acts in which they have learned about and fixed...

Tells me ALL I need to know about your character.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:24 AM
As if Mike Vick hasn't been through hell already....

2KBack
09-22-2010, 08:27 AM
As if Mike Vick hasn't been through hell already....

I have to admit, working with PETA might be the greatest punishment he could have gotten. They are freakin' nuts

jhns
09-22-2010, 08:30 AM
I noticed that a retort to the bed-wetting allegation is suspiciously absent from your response.

Fine, all countries that aren't as pussy as this one have big bed wetting problems. That makes a ton of sense.

As for me, what does it matter to you? Maybe the girlfriend likes being peed on at night.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Sometimes you need C D E F G to understand A B. Sometimes A isn't because of B, but B is because of C, but C is explained further more by D, which is backed by E...etc.

Vick did horrible things to animals, true, and we discuss them here, TRUE. However, people have more passion towards the hatred of Vick than some of the things I discussed.

The thing Vick brings along is the discussion of animal torture, which is what branched off to all this other ****.

So in LINE with the discussion of animal torture, are you a vegan? If not, then you're being hypocritical by supporting what the US government does. Or does this only apply to dogs?

What's wrong with you wishing death and torture upon Vick?

In other words, what's wrong with you being ok if Michael Vick was tortured and thrown into a pack of wolves and chewed up for dinner?

What's wrong with you being sadistically happy if Vick was sent to rot in prison for the rest of his life?

I'll let you come to that conclusion yourself.

(advice from Lev Vyvanse)

Where you miss the point is that I would not feel great about Vick sitting in jail if he didn't sadistically murder animals. It is a simple cause v effect. He without the animals doing anything to him decided it would be cool to kill and fight dogs. If Vick killed a dog that attacked him would I be mad? NO.

The vegan argument is lame. People need to eat and the slaughtering of animals is extremely cruel. At least there is an end purpose to it. Do they need to make it more humane? Absolutely. He did sick things that normal people don't do. I would bet that we will hear his name called again, and it won't be football related.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 08:35 AM
rbackfactory80

Oh and yes sometimes you can see what type of character they are by how they treat animals...and this whole time I've been talking about how sometimes that is uncontrollable...and he was already held accountable for what he did and he has been through hours and hours of positive service in the animal community, through PETA, etc...received good reports from PETA and all that....

Your inability to forgive a person and give them a 2nd chance, rather than that your ability to still wish death and torture upon someone because of their acts in which they have learned about and fixed...

No, you know nothing about my character, and if you formed judgment to be negative, I must be doing the right thing. I am happy to be on the "other side of the fence from you". People with good character don't willingly harm other life or defend it.

Lev Vyvanse
09-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Fine, all countries that aren't as p***Y as this one have big bed wetting problems. That makes a ton of sense.

As for me, what does it matter to you? Maybe the girlfriend likes being peed on at night.

We’re all friends here jhns. No need to invent a fictitious girlfriend. Be proud of your sexuality.

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2010, 08:39 AM

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Where you miss the point is that I would not feel great about Vick sitting in jail if he didn't sadistically murder animals. It is a simple cause v effect. He without the animals doing anything to him decided it would be cool to kill and fight dogs. If Vick killed a dog that attacked him would I be mad? NO.

The vegan argument is lame. People need to eat and the slaughtering of animals is extremely cruel. At least there is an end purpose to it. Do they need to make it more humane? Absolutely. He did sick things that normal people don't do. I would bet that we will hear his name called again, and it won't be football related.

Vegan argument is not lame, because many people are vegan for health issues more so than animal cruelty. Or at least vegetarian. Your response to the vegan argument being, people need to eat? Are you ****ting me? So vegans and vegetarians don't eat?

There is an end purpose to dog fighting - money. Same thing as what the government does.

The only reason why you think the vegan argument is lame because you really have no response with meaning or substance.

jhns
We’re all friends here jhns. No need to invent a fictitious girlfriend. Be proud of your sexuality.

You should really stop projecting your insecurities. You are giving yourself away.

The MVPlaya
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Liam Neeson is G.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
No, you know nothing about my character, and if you formed judgment to be negative, I must be doing the right thing. I am happy to be on the "other side of the fence from you". People with good character don't willingly harm other life or defend it.

People with good character don't defend other life? What?

That's cool if you're on the other side of the fence from me, you're talking to me like I'm into animal cruelty.

Like I said, I own 3 dogs and I love them. However I will not let that get in the way of understanding the reality of other people and different situations.

You seem close minded.

Like I said

misturanderson
09-22-2010, 08:44 AM
This argument has been brought up way too many times in this post. Animals raised for food in the US are not tortured. They aren't electrocuted, hanged, drowned before slaughter (unless there is a sadistic person that needs to be put in jail working on the farm, which unfortunately does happen).

The producers of the food animals walk a fine line between production capacity (at a reasonable cost so that they can sell to the public) and animal health and well-being, but they don't maliciously attack and kill their animals. And they sure as hell don't go out and steal other people's animals to use as bait for their own animals to kill (one of the most ****ed up parts about dog fighting). They rarely neglect them either being as they rely on them for their own prosperity. There is nothing that goes on during the process of slaughtering an animal that compares to what Vick did regularly (the only exception being kosher slaughter which I have a personal problem with because it is unnecessarily cruel). Vick and his compatriots didn't just shoot under-performing animals, he tortured them to death.

Let's keep some perspective here because they aren't nearly as comparable situations as some on here are trying to paint them.

Lev Vyvanse
09-22-2010, 08:45 AM
You should really stop projecting your insecurities. You are giving yourself away.

Don’t deflect jhns this is about you. Your pent-up frustration is just going to lead to more fire-starting and animal cruelty.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:46 AM

And let me get this right.

Because Vick grew up in a culture that fought and tortured/killed dogs, which inevitably led him to do the same, you're saying that it's ok for you to wish death and torture upon him?

You're saying that, even though Vick has gone through every single thing you can ask an individual to go through, taking away essentially his whole life and making him earn it back: you're telling me it's ok to wish death nad torture upon him?

What great character you have.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:47 AM
This argument has been brought up way too many times in this post. Animals raised for food in the US are not tortured. They aren't electrocuted, hanged, drowned before slaughter (unless there is a sadistic person that needs to be put in jail working on the farm, which unfortunately does happen).

The producers of the food animals walk a fine line between production capacity (at a reasonable cost so that they can sell to the public) and animal health and well-being, but they don't maliciously attack and kill their animals. And they sure as hell don't go out and steal other people's animals to use as bait for their own animals to kill (one of the most ****ed up parts about dog fighting). They rarely neglect them either being as they rely on them for their own prosperity. There is nothing that goes on during the process of slaughtering an animal that compares to what Vick did regularly (the only exception being kosher slaughter which I have a personal problem with because it is unnecessarily cruel). Vick and his compatriots didn't just shoot under-performing animals, he tortured them to death.

Let's keep some perspective here because they aren't nearly as comparable situations as some on here are trying to paint them.

You've obviously never watched how they raise and kill cows, pigs, chickens, and how they get their eggs.

Seriously, I'm not sure how you can watch one of those videos and come out with a bit of your soul scratched, if not, scarred.

misturanderson
09-22-2010, 08:50 AM
You've obviously never watched how they raise and kill cows, pigs, chickens, and how they get their eggs.

I would venture to guess that I know a lot more about it than you do. A lot more.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you though because you are beyond any level of logical thinking at this point. You are simply grasping at anything that will make your last 4 hours on this thread seem worthwhile. Some kind of "win" for yourself.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 08:50 AM
People with good character don't defend other life? What?

That's cool if you're on the other side of the fence from me, you're talking to me like I'm into animal cruelty.

Like I said, I own 3 dogs and I love them. However I will not let that get in the way of understanding the reality of other people and different situations.

You seem close minded.

Like I said

You are projecting yourself like you don't care. People with good character don't defend animal cruelty. You downplay it like its a speeding violation.

This was extreme cruelty. Murder and electrocution.

I am open-minded, just not to the point where I can't decipher right from wrong. Keep telling me how you love animals and at the same time compare people who eat meat to Vick. They were gonna die anyway right?

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:52 AM
I would venture to guess that I know a lot more about it than you do. A lot more.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you though because you are beyond any level of logical thinking at this point. You are simply grasping at anything that will make your last 4 hours on this thread seem worthwhile. Some kind of "win" for yourself.

No you don't.

I guarantee you, to sit there and say this:

Animals raised for food in the US are not tortured. They aren't electrocuted, hanged, drowned before slaughter

Lets me know that you have no idea what the **** you talking about.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:55 AM
You are projecting yourself like you don't care. People with good character don't defend animal cruelty. You downplay it like its a speeding violation.

This was extreme cruelty. Murder and electrocution.

I am open-minded, just not to the point where I can't decipher right from wrong. Keep telling me how you love animals and at the same time compare people who eat meat to Vick. They were gonna die anyway right?

When did I compare people who eat meat to Michael Vick? Great information processing from you too, buddy.

I am not defending animal cruelty, are you completing avoiding everything I'm bringing up about it from all sorts of different facets about different types of animal cruelty?

I simply understand it.

If I down play it like it's a speeding violation, would I be posting this much about it?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 08:56 AM

Whatever boys. You act as if he was let off scott free. He wasn't. You act as if he hasn't paid any debt whatsoever. He has.

You're trying to make this into a political game, and it's just not.

He was convicted, by a judge, and sentenced, by a judge. He had to plead his case to the commissioner. He was reinstated, both to society and to the NFL. So feel however you want, but the guy has paid his debt TO SOCIETY. He doesn't owe either of you jack ****.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 08:57 AM

As usual, Jizz, you make the only argument in the entire thread that is impossible to back. "Dog owners are just as cruel to animals as Vick," is about the least substantive and most idiotic thing you've ever posted, and that is saying something.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Whatever boys. You act as if he was let off scott free. He wasn't. You act as if he hasn't paid any debt whatsoever. He has.

You're trying to make this into a political game, and it's just not.

He was convicted, by a judge, and sentenced, by a judge. He had to plead his case to the commissioner. He was reinstated, both to society and to the NFL. So feel however you want, but the guy has paid his debt TO SOCIETY. He doesn't owe either of you jack ****.

No it's cool to wish death upon Michael Vick because he killed dogs.

I wonder what these people think about populations in other countries where one of their main forms of entertainment but to watch animals hack away at each other? Dogs included.

jhns
09-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Don’t deflect jhns this is about you. Your pent-up frustration is just going to lead to more fire-starting and animal cruelty.

Well good. Maybe I will light the dog on fire just before bed. That way I can pee on him as I sleep and put the fire out. Hopefully I wake back up after wetting the bed in enough time to clean up before my gay lover gets home and wittnesses the mess I've made.

Lev Vyvanse
09-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Well good. Maybe I will light the dog on fire just before bed. That way I can pee on him as I sleep and put the fire out. Hopefully I wake back up after wetting the bed in enough time to clean up before my gay lover gets home and wittnesses the mess I've made.

Now we’re making progress.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 09:00 AM

You've certainly shown your character. Abusing animals: Bad. Abusing humans: Good!

An excellent stance to take. You're clearly a scholar.

How's that donation to PETA coming along?

misturanderson
09-22-2010, 09:02 AM
No you don't.

I guarantee you, to sit there and say this:

Lets me know that you have no idea what the **** you talking about.

If there are a very small number of places (or more likely ****ed up people) doing that, it isn't because the government is overlooking it intentionally. If that is happening, it is clearly illegal and that is on a select few people. That isn't the norm in the industry.

Please explain to me where all of these hundreds of horribly inhumane slaughter houses are in the US because Ive been to plenty where every animal is humanely stunned (see shot in the head with a captive bolt essentially making them brain dead instantly) before slaughter. Where is it that they are electrocuting (not electrically stunning, but electrocuting them with the intent to cause physical pain), hanging and drowning animals as a part of the slaughter process?

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 09:02 AM
No it's cool to wish death upon Michael Vick because he killed dogs.

I wonder what these people think about populations in other countries where one of their main forms of entertainment but to watch animals hack away at each other? Dogs included.

You are ridiculous. Lets just agree you have no moral foundation and you like to stick up for scum. Is that fair?

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
My character is being questioned yet I am not defending animal cruelty or human cruelty, yet I am pointing out both.

I am be questioned by the same people who wishes death and torture upon another human and would be sadistically happy about it.

Like I've been saying:

People are confused. People are hypocrites. People contradict themselves.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 09:06 AM
You've certainly shown your character. Abusing animals: Bad. Abusing humans: Good!

An excellent stance to take. You're clearly a scholar.

How's that donation to PETA coming along?

YOU lack reading comprehension.

Look mommy, I know about PETA. I keep referencing it.

You are a tow the line dumb ass.

jhns
09-22-2010, 09:06 AM
As usual, Jizz, you make the only argument in the entire thread that is impossible to back. "Dog owners are just as cruel to animals as Vick," is about the least substantive and most idiotic thing you've ever posted, and that is saying something.

This is easy to prove. You are just dumb. You put the animals in jail for their entire lives. You make them eat the same **** all the time. You are the reason there are millions of animals getting slaughtered by the humane society every year. It is pet owners that cause the over breeding problems.

Get over it, this country is just filled with a bunch of little bitches now. A lot of countries fight animals for entertainment. It used to be ok in this country. Now our men act like women and everyone cries when it happens. This, while they continue to over populate the Earth, which is killing off all other animals. Funny stuff. "I love animals and think they need to be protected as I am part of the cause of millions getting killed!" Makes a lot of sense.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 09:07 AM
You are ridiculous. Lets just agree you have no moral foundation and you like to stick up for scum. Is that fair?

HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have derailed.

My favorite part is where you call him ridiculous and then ask him to agree that he has no moral foundation and "likes to" stick up for scum. If that's not ridiculous...

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
My character is being questioned yet I am not defending animal cruelty or human cruelty, yet I am pointing out both.

I am be questioned by the same people who wishes death and torture upon another human and would be sadistically happy about it.

Like I've been saying:

People are confused. People are hypocrites. People contradict themselves.

Your right, maybe a pay-per-view event where they electrocute, body slam, and then cut off Vick's nuts should be in order. I would shell out the 50 bucks.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 09:09 AM
YOU lack reading comprehension.

Look mommy, I know about PETA. I keep referencing it.

You are a tow the line dumb ass.

Is that right?

Abusing animals is bad. Vick should be abused BY animals! He should be killed!

These are the things you have said in this thread. I don't think it's MY reading comprehension that needs work.

So, seriously, how much did you donate to PETA this year? You're clearly down with their nutbag philosophies. So, how much?

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:11 AM
If there are a very small number of places (or more likely ****ed up people) doing that, it isn't because the government is overlooking it intentionally. If that is happening, it is clearly illegal and that is on a select few people. That isn't the norm in the industry.

Please explain to me where all of these hundreds of horribly inhumane slaughter houses are in the US because Ive been to plenty where every animal is humanely stunned (see shot in the head with a captive bolt essentially making them brain dead instantly) before slaughter. Where is it that they are electrocuting (not electrically stunning, but electrocuting them with the intent to cause physical pain), hanging and drowning animals as a part of the slaughter process?

1st off, I highly doubt you've been to "plenty." But let's assume this... so you expect me to be surprised that you've been ALLOWED to go to places where they're correctly slaughtered?

And read through this thread again, some of the VERY people I've been discussing with have acknowledged that the slaughter process is ****ed up.

Where are these? I don't know buddy I've never BEEN to one and I highly doubt anyone HAS that could say they have.

All you really need to do, is go to any animal rights person, or go to a university and talk to someone who teaches a class on animal rights or something along these lines, and ask them where you can find a video on how they make eggs and meat.

You don't think they offer cage-free eggs at the market for no reason, do you?

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/confinement_farm/facts/cage-free_vs_battery-cage.html

Really, until then, I have nothing against you, all I'm asking you to do is at least research it and come back to have a more legitimate conversation. It's arguing with someone who swears a touchdown is worth 7 points.

Just go research it.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 09:12 AM
HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You have derailed.

My favorite part is where you call him ridiculous and then ask him to agree that he has no moral foundation and "likes to" stick up for scum. If that's not ridiculous...

My favorite part is when you grow a set a balls and question the rules and regulations of society. Using the excuse a judge says so says all I need to know.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 09:13 AM
This is easy to prove. You are just dumb. You put the animals in jail for their entire lives. You make them eat the same **** all the time. You are the reason there are millions of animals getting slaughtered by the humane society every year. It is pet owners that cause the over breeding problems.

Get over it, this country is just filled with a bunch of little b****es now. A lot of countries fight animals for entertainment. It used to be ok in this country. Now our men act like women and everyone cries when it happens. This, while they continue to over populate the Earth, which is killing off all other animals. Funny stuff. "I love animals and think they need to be protected as I am part of the cause of millions getting killed!" Makes a lot of sense.

Let's see. My dog, 'Soula, is about as happy as I've ever seen any dog, anywhere. She has a warm place to sleep every night, good food to eat, and is a warm and loving presence in my life. She is well-exercised, well-socialized, and healthy.

She's also fixed. Which means that no, neither she nor I are the "reason" for the overpopulation of dogs in this country. In fact, she was born in a shelter, the puppy of a stray dog, which obviously hadn't been fixed. She and all her siblings were fixed before they were put up for adoption. The first day they were available for adoption, they were all taken home, all by loving, caring families. None of these dogs will be a problem for "overpopulation."

Oh, and her mother? She was fixed and adopted by someone as well.

Your entire argument is fail. I'm not surprised in the slightest.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:14 AM
And let me clarify misturanderson, the people who slaughter these cows are from some other planet.

People just need to watch a video once, and they'll understand.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Your right, maybe a pay-per-view event where they electrocute, body slam, and then cut off Vick's nuts should be in order. I would shell out the 50 bucks.

What great character. LOL

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
My favorite part is when you grow a set a balls and question the rules and regulations of society. Using the excuse a judge says so says all I need to know.

I have a set of balls. About the biggest pair you've ever seen.

As for the rules and regulations of society, whatever. He faced a courtroom for what he did. Was convicted. Did his time. Now you would like to see him killed.

The fact that you don't think it's wrong to kill Mike Vick tells me everything I need to know. You're absurd.

THIS is why I ask about PETA. Because you have the same viewpoints they do.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 09:17 AM

Seek help.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 09:18 AM
I have a set of balls. About the biggest pair you've ever seen.

As for the rules and regulations of society, whatever. He faced a courtroom for what he did. Was convicted. Did his time. Now you would like to see him killed.

The fact that you don't think it's wrong to kill Mike Vick tells me everything I need to know. You're absurd.

THIS is why I ask about PETA. Because you have the same viewpoints they do.

I don't think he should be killed. I will leave it at that.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:21 AM

Yeah it takes a huge set of balls to question the rules and regulations of society... :thumbsdow

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:22 AM

No you'd like to see him tortured to the point right before death.

Much better.

Are you religious?

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Notice how people are avoiding answering the question of other countries that watch animals hack away at each for money and entertainment...

I know you people want to shell out some racist slurs... go ahead...

It's within your "character"

misturanderson
09-22-2010, 09:26 AM
1st off, I highly doubt you've been to "plenty." But let's assume this... so you expect me to be surprised that you've been ALLOWED to go to places where they're correctly slaughtered?

And read through this thread again, some of the VERY people I've been discussing with have acknowledged that the slaughter process is ****ed up.

Where are these? I don't know buddy I've never BEEN to one and I highly doubt anyone HAS that could say they have.

All you really need to do, is go to any animal rights person, or go to a university and talk to someone who teaches a class on animal rights or something along these lines, and ask them where you can find a video on how they make eggs and meat.

You don't think they offer cage-free eggs at the market for no reason, do you?

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/confinement_farm/facts/cage-free_vs_battery-cage.html

Really, until then, I have nothing against you, all I'm asking you to do is at least research it and come back to have a more legitimate conversation. It's arguing with someone who swears a touchdown is worth 7 points.

Just go research it.
I've had multiple classes on animal production and ethics. I don't need to research it you condescending POS. I agree that we could do better with our food animal production in this country. Especially with poultry, which is why I buy only cage-free eggs at 3x the cost of regular eggs. Unfortunately most people don't see that as important.

If I had room for my own hen-house and room for a cow, etc. I would produce my own food, but I don't (like most people) in a world where people are multiplying much faster than our food supply and other natural resources can keep up.

You are taking a major leap by pretending that the horror stories are the norm though and implying that electrocution (in the way that Vick employed it), hanging and drowning are a normal part of the slaughter process is ignorant.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I've had multiple classes on animal production and ethics. I don't need to research it you condescending POS. I agree that we could do better with our food animal production in this country. Especially with poultry, which is why I buy only cage-free eggs at 3x the cost of regular eggs. Unfortunately most people don't see that as important.

If I had room for my own hen-house and room for a cow, etc. I would produce my own food, but I don't (like most people) in a world where people are multiplying much faster than our food supply and other natural resources can keep up.

You are taking a major leap by pretending that the horror stories are the norm though and implying that electrocution (in the way that Vick employed it), hanging and drowning are a normal part of the slaughter process is ignorant.

Good job, you went from saying that there is pretty much nothing wrong with the way the US makes it meat to this

I agree that we could do better with our food animal production in this country.

I'm done.

jhns
09-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Your entire argument is fail. I'm not surprised in the slightest.

That's nice and all but it doesn't change the fact that you are a little bitch.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Good job, you went from saying that there is pretty much nothing wrong with the way the US makes it meat to this

I'm done.

You've been done homie. No grow a spine and all will be forgiven.

Rabb
09-22-2010, 09:38 AM
This is probably the most productive discussion on the mane with very little name calling and douchery.

I think you picked the wrong thread for your post.

yeah I was obviously WAY off

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:43 AM
yeah I was obviously WAY offHilarious! up to that post it was... then you have these closed minded fucckers chime in

misturanderson
09-22-2010, 09:44 AM

I'm done.

I went from disputing your implied point that all food animals are tortured just as much during the slaughter process as what Vick did to his dogs to conceding that humans are so out-of-control with our multiplying that we have made certain ethical concessions to make sure people are fed, cheaply.

I wish we could change the few major problems with the industry and it's treatment of some animals, but the industry makes too much money which they then contribute to politicians to help keep them insulated from regulations and unfortunately that protects people who are abusing the system. That is recently starting to change, but is still a long way away from perfection.

I still completely disagree with your point that the slaughter process in the US and what Vick did are on some similar ethical level.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 09:44 AM
That's nice and all but it doesn't change the fact that you are a little b****.

As usual, you have no facts to counter with. Just name calling and bull****.

Failure.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Hilarious! up to that post it was... then you have these closed minded fucckers chime in

and stupid...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 09:54 AM

This is a big step for you. You should tell your therapist. I'm sure this is a major breakthrough in your recovery process.

jhns
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
As usual, you have no facts to counter with. Just name calling and bull****.

Failure.

I already came with facts. Now I am just responding the same way you always respond.

It isn't my fault that the "men" in this country have become women. It is your fault that you are part of that trend.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
I went from disputing your implied point that all food animals are tortured just as much during the slaughter process as what Vick did to his dogs to conceding that humans are so out-of-control with our multiplying that we have made certain ethical concessions to make sure people are fed, cheaply.

I wish we could change the few major problems with the industry and it's treatment of some animals, but the industry makes too much money which they then contribute to politicians to help keep them insulated from regulations and unfortunately that protects people who are abusing the system. That is recently starting to change, but is still a long way away from perfection.

I still completely disagree with your point that the slaughter process in the US and what Vick did are on some similar ethical level.

This guy doesn't even know what he is arguing. He is basically talking to hear his voice. The truth of the matter is in bold and that is what truly important. What was the intent? That is of the utmost importance. After Vick killed those dogs and had a few laughs you have dopes thinking its all good , animals are also killed for consumption. There is no point in arguing killing animals for pleasure versus necessity.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Notice how people are avoiding answering the question of other countries that watch animals hack away at each other for money and entertainment...

jhns
09-22-2010, 09:58 AM
yeah I was obviously WAY off

This is another one of the whiney little bitches that make men in this country look bad. We were once thought of as having the cowboy mentality. Now everyone sees us as a bunch of whiney bitches. I can see their point.

Steve Sewell
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
This thread belongs in an off-topic forum or better yet, the Horses Butt.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 10:00 AM
I already came with facts. Now I am just responding the same way you always respond.

It isn't my fault that the "men" in this country have become women. It is your fault that you are part of that trend.

Because I own a dog, I've become a woman?

Hilarious!

You didn't come with facts. You came with your stupid-ass opinion. I refuted your opinion with facts. You countered with namecalling because you had nothing else to respond with.

You're a pathetic loser. And the only person on this board who actually DEFENDS dog fighting. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Not surprising that a hick from Omaha is stupid enough to say what you've said on this thread.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 10:01 AM
This guy doesn't even know what he is arguing. He is basically talking to hear his voice. The truth of the matter is in bold and that is what truly important. What was the intent? That is of the utmost importance. After Vick killed those dogs and had a few laughs you have dopes thinking its all good , animals are also killed for consumption. There is no point in arguing killing animals for pleasure versus necessity.

Who, besides jizz, said that killing animals is "all good"?

your argument is weak, son.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Who, besides jizz, said that killing animals is "all good"?

your argument is weak, son.

You are weak. Bring something besides the law says so.

The law says many things that are incorrect. At least I have heart instead of being some blind loyalist. This comes down to who values animals more me or you. Go root for Vick cause he "did the time" I will root for him to fail because he is a POS, much like you.

tsiguy96
09-22-2010, 10:13 AM
just so everyone knows, you are not allowed to have your own feelings about what vick did because you are not a judge as appointed by US courts. take your feeligns and opinions elsewhere, this is a place where only a US judge can decide how wrong something someone did is. and if its not to a human, get that **** out of here because it doesnt matter at all.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 10:18 AM
You are weak. Bring something besides the law says so.

The law says many things that are incorrect. At least I have heart instead of being some blind loyalist. This comes down to who values animals more me or you. Go root for Vick cause he "did the time" I will root for him to fail because he is a POS, much like you.

First, you don't know me. You don't know Vick.

Second, who said I was "rooting" for Vick? Oh right. Nobody. Just another weak argument in a string of weak arguments. Simply because I feel like he did the time for the crime he committed -- whether it was ENOUGH time is not really my say, or yours -- doesn't mean I'm rooting for him.

So is "valuing animals" a statistic you can actually analyze? Because I think my dog would tell you that I value her just fine, as would all of the dogs I've owned throughout my life.

Again, you know nothing about me.

Try again, though. I'm sure you will.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 10:19 AM
just so everyone knows, you are not allowed to have your own feelings about what vick did because you are not a judge as appointed by US courts. take your feeligns and opinions elsewhere, this is a place where only a US judge can decide how wrong something someone did is. and if its not to a human, get that **** out of here because it doesnt matter at all.

I've defended an awful lot of your posts around here. This is just outright stupid. Nobody said anything of the sort.

Again, a strawman argument is weak and lame and pathetic.

jhns
09-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Because I own a dog, I've become a woman?

Hilarious!

You didn't come with facts. You came with your stupid-ass opinion. I refuted your opinion with facts. You countered with namecalling because you had nothing else to respond with.

You're a pathetic loser. And the only person on this board who actually DEFENDS dog fighting. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Not surprising that a hick from Omaha is stupid enough to say what you've said on this thread.

You are just resorting to name calling because you have nothing and know I'm right.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 10:34 AM
You are just resorting to name calling because you have nothing and know I'm right.

LOL Hilarious! ROFL!

Pony Boy
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Hey, if they keep him on a short leash and he stays out of the dog house everything should be fine.....

Garcia Bronco
09-22-2010, 10:40 AM
In the end, good for Mike. Hopefully he's one of the biggest success stories ever in the NFL.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM
First, you don't know me. You don't know Vick.

Second, who said I was "rooting" for Vick? Oh right. Nobody. Just another weak argument in a string of weak arguments. Simply because I feel like he did the time for the crime he committed -- whether it was ENOUGH time is not really my say, or yours -- doesn't mean I'm rooting for him.

So is "valuing animals" a statistic you can actually analyze? Because I think my dog would tell you that I value her just fine, as would all of the dogs I've owned throughout my life.

Again, you know nothing about me.

Try again, though. I'm sure you will.

You are so obvious. I guess posting in this thread for 3 hours about how he has the right to play in the NFL isn't defending him. Give me a break. Yeah I get the logical he did the crime and the time now he can work. I disagree with it. How much time did the animals get D-wad?

This isn't a try. That's the difference between between us. I truly am angered he gets a shot, you on the other hand think your act is cute. I am sure you have heard playing in the NFL isn't a right, its a privilege.

What I do know about you is you have no idea what you are arguing for. But go ahead and post the same drivel about no one cares what I think and make another PETA donation. Oh and I feel sorry for your dog.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 11:06 AM
I've defended an awful lot of your posts around here. This is just outright stupid. Nobody said anything of the sort.

Again, a strawman argument is weak and lame and pathetic.

This is an opinion forum. I know you have no core values, but some of us are angered he can play. Even though I know in your world that if the law says so you must follow suit.

Garcia Bronco
09-22-2010, 11:23 AM
This is an opinion forum. I know you have no core values, but some of us are angered he can play. Even though I know in your world that if the law says so you must follow suit.

If we are going to talk about core values; Why even watch pro football when guys like Ray Lewis or Leonard Little or Dante Stallworth are even allowed to play?

Lev Vyvanse
09-22-2010, 11:48 AM
If we are going to talk about core values; Why even watch pro football when guys like Ray Lewis or Leonard Little or Dante Stallworth are even allowed to play?

Little is the player that really bugs me.

Garcia Bronco
09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Little is the player that really bugs me.

Agreed.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM

Its society in general. Am I supposed to not live? In any segment of the population you have these people. Politicians are dirty, should I not participate. Police officers are corrupt, grandmas steal. Its life.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 03:42 PM

You said you wanted him to suffer pain and agony and not be allowed to work, but I'M the one with no core values.

Sorry, that's just ****ing insane.

Go ahead. Nobody gets a second chance in your alternate universe. Super cool story.

oubronco
09-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Heard on NFLN that several teams have contacted the Eagles about Kolb, surely they wouldn't trade him would they

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Its society in general. Am I supposed to not live? In any segment of the population you have these people. Politicians are dirty, should I not participate. Police officers are corrupt, grandmas steal. Its life.

And part of life is abiding by your society's laws. If you don't abide, you go to court and maybe to jail.

I'm not beholden to the law any more than you are. You just have a separate ethical argument for anything that you see fit. Which is adorable.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 04:16 PM
You said you wanted him to suffer pain and agony and not be allowed to work, but I'M the one with no core values.

Sorry, that's just ****ing insane.

Go ahead. Nobody gets a second chance in your alternate universe. Super cool story.

You are ridiculous. Sure people get a second chance. I do have a line though. You are a good clean guy right? So you find out this is your friend and he has been electrocuting and murdering dogs, you still gonna hang with him because he deserves another chance? Sorry but there are certain things I won't forgive, this is one of them.

extralife
09-22-2010, 04:18 PM
There is a difference between still being his friend and respecting his right to still exist.

TailgateNut
09-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Just because you are inclined to suck his ***********, doesn't mean we have to accept him as being reformed and as having repaid his debt to humanity. WE DON'T TREMBLE ONE IOTA. He is a low down piece of **** and so are those who defend his actions.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 04:28 PM
There is a difference between still being his friend and respecting his right to still exist.

Sure he can exist, he shouldn't be a QB. Playing in the NFL is a privilege. Go shovel snow or work the 7 eleven. That's what others do who who are felons.

Its not fair that there are people in this country that can't get a job because they were arrested for a misdemeanor of a DUI, but this sack of crap can go make millions. Anyone who wants to talk about Lewis, Little and the rest has a case, kick them out too.

Garcia Bronco
09-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Sure he can exist, he shouldn't be a QB. Playing in the NFL is a privilege. Go shovel snow or work the 7 eleven. That's what others do who who are felons.

Its not fair that there are people in this country that can't get a job because they were arrested for a misdemeanor of a DUI, but this sack of crap can go make millions. Anyone who wants to talk about Lewis, Little and the rest has a case, kick them out too.

I disagree. He has the right to make amends and pay his debt. Which he has done. Jesus forgives him. Maybe you should too.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
I disagree. He has the right to make amends and pay his debt. Which he has done. Jesus forgives him. Maybe you should too.

He won't know if he is forgiven till he reaches that point. Agree to disagree, lets hope he continues on with these great actions, minus of course the shooting that took place 2 minutes after he left his party.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 04:47 PM

This.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Just because you are inclined to suck his ***********, doesn't mean we have to accept him as being reformed and as having repaid his debt to humanity. WE DON'T TREMBLE ONE IOTA. He is a low down piece of **** and so are those who defend his actions.

The only one defending his actions is jhiz. Remove your personal anger from the equation, TGN. And think.

Defending his right to make a living, his right to ggo back to society, after he's paid his debt, is COMPLETELY ****ING HOLY **** DIFFERENT than defending the actions that got him locked up in the first place. Holy ****, they couldn't be more different.

What is this "WE DON'T TREMBLE" business? Is that like "THESE COLORS DON'T RUN"?

WolfpackGuy
09-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Being the starting QB for the Eagles has to be WAY worse than being in prison.

Good luck, Vick.

You're gonna need it!

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 05:03 PM
The only one defending his actions is jhiz. Remove your personal anger from the equation, TGN. And think.

Defending his right to make a living, his right to ggo back to society, after he's paid his debt, is COMPLETELY ****ING HOLY **** DIFFERENT than defending the actions that got him locked up in the first place. Holy ****, they couldn't be more different.

What is this "WE DON'T TREMBLE" business? Is that like "THESE COLORS DON'T RUN"?

Haha. Freedom, liberty, prosperity. His post was spot on. You defend Mike Vick's rights as a citizen and tell him to think. Give me a break. Maybe you could think if you took Vick's schlong out of your mouth. Are you a wise man? If Vick's balls were slapping against you chin, where would Vick's stick be?

If not in your mouth probably in your end zone.

extralife
09-22-2010, 05:06 PM

Who the hell said anything about fair?

What about professional sports is fair? What does fair even mean? Where does morality come into play?

You don't have any real answers to these questions. You're just raging. We live in a society governed by a certain standard, and a certain set of rules. Perhaps the most fundamental of these is that disputes regarding criminal behavior and social morality are settled in courts, and that we, as citizens, agree to abide by the decisions and machinations of these courts. Once a decision is reached and a debt paid, individuals are free to pursue their interests. If the Philadelphia Eagles felt the way your felt, they would not have hired Michael Vick. They weighed their options and decided he was worth employing. You can disagree with their decision all you want, but to insinuate that they don't have the right to make this decision, or that Michael Vick does not have the right to continue his life as he sees fit is to remove yourself from any reasoned discourse.

Garcia Bronco
09-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Being the starting QB for the Eagles has to be WAY worse than being in prison.

Good luck, Vick.

You're gonna need it!

It reminds me of being any player at NCS. :P

Dagmar
09-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Heard on NFLN that several teams have contacted the Eagles about Kolb, surely they wouldn't trade him would they

Reid deserves everything he gets if he relies on Vick to be his franchise QB.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Haha. Freedom, liberty, prosperity. His post was spot on. You defend Mike Vick's rights as a citizen and tell him to think. Give me a break. Maybe you could think if you took Vick's schlong out of your mouth. Are you a wise man? If Vick's balls were slapping against you chin, where would Vick's stick be?

If not in your mouth probably in your end zone.

Way to stay on topic, kiddo. When is your 12th birthday? Soon?

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 05:15 PM

What about professional sports is fair? What does fair even mean? Where does morality come into play?

You don't have any real answers to these questions. You're just raging. We live in a society governed by a certain standard, and a certain set of rules. Perhaps the most fundamental of these is that disputes regarding criminal behavior and social morality are settled in courts, and that we, as citizens, agree to abide by the decisions and machinations of these courts. Once a decision is reached and a debt paid, individuals are free to pursue their interests. If the Philadelphia Eagles felt the way your felt, they would not have hired Michael Vick. They weighed their options and decided he was worth employing. You can disagree with their decision all you want, but to insinuate that they don't have the right to make this decision, or that Michael Vick does not have the right to continue his life as he sees fit is to remove yourself from any reasoned discourse.

Where did I say they didn't have the right, and I can say anything I want. Talk all you want about our supposed understanding of agreements of the courts decisions but that doesn't make up for the child rapist that gets a week, the murderer who gets a year, or any other scum bag that walks that happens on so many occasions. The system isn't working, its obvious, you want to let him back in the league you set an example that garbage will be tolerated. Not to mention the treatment of athletes and stars under the system. Good on the Eagles, they have the choice, and they made the one. The thing you don't talk about is the other thirty one teams who basically showed 0 interest.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 05:16 PM

Well said.

Garcia Bronco
09-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Where did I say they didn't have the right, and I can say anything I want. Talk all you want about our supposed understanding of agreements of the courts decisions but that doesn't make up for the child rapist that gets a week, the murderer who gets a year, or any other scum bag that walks that happens on so many occasions. The system isn't working, its obvious, you want to let him back in the league you set an example that garbage will be tolerated. Not to mention the treatment of athletes and stars under the system. Good on the Eagles, they have the choice, and they made the one. The thing you don't talk about is the other thirty one teams who basically showed 0 interest.

Mike was convicted of violating interstate commerce and dante stallworth killed a human being. So naturally Dante Stallwoth went to jail for 25 days(sentenced to 30) and Vick went to jail for 2 years.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 05:22 PM
http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/24754471

Reid confirms Vick is starter for rest of year

Posted by Will Brinson

Andy Reid addressed the media shortly before lunchtime in Philadelphia and you'll never believe this, but the topic was Michael Vick starting. Although Reid said plenty about the issue on Tuesday night when he initially announced the decision, there were plenty of nuggets that came from the presser.

Primarily, that Vick is in fact the starter for the rest of the season (or at least until, presumably, he gives Reid reason not to start him).

"Yes," Reid said laughing. "I didn't appoint him for one week, that's not what I did."

What Reid didn't find as funny was the question regarding the possibility of Kevin Kolb not being on the Eagles roster come the 2010 trade deadline or the start of the 2011 season.

"I can't predict anything down that far -- nobody in this league can do that," Reid said. "That's ridiculous. It's very similar to things that were reported -- there was nobody that influenced this call, it was my decision."

In case you don't understand "coach-speak," that's the definition of a non-answer.

To his credit, though, Reid did respond to a follow-up about listening to a trade for Kolb with a resounding, "No, I want Kevin Kolb on this football team."

But even that isn't a guarantee that Kolb will be on the roster -- there's the possibility of him being traded this season (highly unlikely) or being traded before next season (if Vick goes All-Pro and takes Philly to the playoff, you best believe he's getting at minimum a franchise tag). Reid at the very least wouldn't guarantee Kolb's future, even though he was willing to quite clearly do so when he traded Donovan McNabb.

That, clearly, would put Kolb's long term status in Philly at jeopardy, even though Reid remains behind the youngster.

"He was the first person I met with, and that includes coaches and administration and anyone else." "And I felt that was very important in this situation."

Just remember that things change pretty quickly in Philadelphia.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Mike was convicted of violating interstate commerce and dante stallworth killed a human being. So naturally Dante Stallwoth went to jail for 25 days(sentenced to 30) and Vick went to jail for 2 years.

That is an injustice, no doubt. What a shame.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 05:25 PM
That is an injustice, no doubt. What a shame.

yet you seem to have no issue with Stallworth playing in the league. Weird.

After all, he 'only' killed a human.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 05:30 PM
yet you seem to have no issue with Stallworth playing in the league. Weird.

After all, he 'only' killed a human.

No he is scum of the earth material. Maybe we can get him, Lewis, Little, and Vick together and have them play on the same team. I am very against how light he got off. But hey he's a superstar, you gotta let him make amends and of course the greenbacks. He did his sentence, he did his time right? Thats what the courts said.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
No he is scum of the earth material. Maybe we can get him, Lewis, Little, and Vick together and have them play on the same team. I am very against how light he got off. But hey he's a superstar, you gotta let him make amends and of course the greenbacks. He did his sentence, he did his time right? Thats what the courts said.

Unfortunately, yes, that's what the courts said. Now he gets to earn a living. He had to beg his way back onto the field and had to do time, so now he gets to live like you or me.

Gosh, how horrible!

I don't agree with the sentence -- in this case or in Vick's case -- but it is what it is. I don't see what should preclude either of them from being able to work at the jobs they had prior to their crimes and sentences.

That's where you and I differ. I don't approve of the actions of either, nor do I really approve of the sentences doled out to either. But my approval isn't needed. Neither is yours.

See? not that difficult.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Unfortunately, yes, that's what the courts said. Now he gets to earn a living. He had to beg his way back onto the field and had to do time, so now he gets to live like you or me.

Gosh, how horrible!

I don't agree with the sentence -- in this case or in Vick's case -- but it is what it is. I don't see what should preclude either of them from being able to work at the jobs they had prior to their crimes and sentences.

That's where you and I differ. I don't approve of the actions of either, nor do I really approve of the sentences doled out to either. But my approval isn't needed. Neither is yours.

See? not that difficult.

Thanks very much. My point has been proved. You have no emotion over that incident and agree with the courts ruling which tells me you are the walking dead. Keep doing what you do and never express your thoughts or emotions and things stay the same. I speak out when i see something that is wrong, I don't look for a way to accept it.

This is a thread about Vick's rights and speaking of rights, I am well within my rights to express my disdain for him. The system you speak so staunchly of gives me the ability to speak freely and that is what I have done on this thread.

See. Got it?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks very much. My point has been proved. You have no emotion over that incident and agree with the courts ruling which tells me you are the walking dead. Keep doing what you do and never express your thoughts or emotions and things stay the same. I speak out when i see something that is wrong, I don't look for a way to accept it.

This is a thread about Vick's rights and speaking of rights, I am well within my rights to express my disdain for him. The system you speak so staunchly of gives me the ability to speak freely and that is what I have done on this thread.

See. Got it?

Can you simply not read? Or do you choose not to read the words presented you?

I don't agree with the ruling. However, it's not my place to agree with the ruling. If he was signed by the Broncos, I could vote with my wallet. He wasn't. Perhaps you should stop watching football, as a grand protest against Mike Vick's being signed by anyone, and against the mere thought that anyone wouldn't care about animals like you do.

This is a thread about Vick's PLAYING TIME, not his rights. YOU chose to make it about "rights," and it STILL isn't about rights.

Do you get that? Or would you rather continue stomping your feet like a petulant child? Perhaps you should refer to sex acts again; that made for a great discussion of Vick's "rights."

Simply awesome, your idiocy. Thank you for putting it on display for us all.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Way to stay on topic, kiddo. When is your 12th birthday? Soon?

Yes it is. Why are you interested in little boys?

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:03 PM

See. Got it?

This thread got into what right you have or don't have.

What I'm saying is that when I see something like inconsistency, unreasonable thoughts, and plain retardation, then I will also speak about on it.

But the fact that you have to resort to so low into your argument about what your rights are, you've already had a conscience that told you, hey maybe I am going a bit overboard, or maybe I am a raging a bit, or hey maybe I am a ****ing dumbass. You've a bit of a guilty conscience but you're excusing yourself for freedom of speech as if this even HAS anything to do with this discussion.

I'm questioning your opinions and thoughts, and calling out your inconsistency and psychotic speech towards Michael Vick. (Not just you, but others that hold your stance).

You question my character when I haven't defended animal cruelty, nor have I defended his actions. I've actually done the opposite, but because I'm not so black and white about it as you, I'm a bad character. This = stupidity.

To see here and call a man psychotic for fighting dogs and come back and say he should have his balls chopped off and be thrown into a pack of psychotic dogs to be chewed up into pieces = hypocrisy.

See a therapist.

And up to this post I am still waiting for a response to,

Notice how people are avoiding answering the question of other countries that watch animals hack away at each other for money and entertainment...

or eat monkey brains for dessert.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Can you simply not read? Or do you choose not to read the words presented you?

I don't agree with the ruling. However, it's not my place to agree with the ruling. If he was signed by the Broncos, I could vote with my wallet. He wasn't. Perhaps you should stop watching football, as a grand protest against Mike Vick's being signed by anyone, and against the mere thought that anyone wouldn't care about animals like you do.

This is a thread about Vick's PLAYING TIME, not his rights. YOU chose to make it about "rights," and it STILL isn't about rights.

Do you get that? Or would you rather continue stomping your feet like a petulant child? Perhaps you should refer to sex acts again; that made for a great discussion of Vick's "rights."

Simply awesome, your idiocy. Thank you for putting it on display for us all.

Whatever moron, I am done with you. Anyone stubborn enough to agree with Stallworth's sentence just to prove a point in consistencys show me how ignorant you are. Your are the fool because you see only what is presented on the cover. Look deeper into the topic and you'll see the spineless jellyfish you truly are. I can understand your post, any fifth grader can, its just hard to fathom how you can say the same thing over and over and think you are so brilliant that no one can understand you. Have fun looking at those Vick pictures before bed tonight.

rbackfactory80
09-22-2010, 06:07 PM
This thread got into what right you have or don't have.

What I'm saying is that when I see something like inconsistency, unreasonable thoughts, and plain retardation, then I will also speak about on it.

But the fact that you have to resort to so low into your argument about what your rights are, you've already had a conscience that told you, hey maybe I am going a bit overboard, or maybe I am a raging a bit. You've a bit of a guilty conscience but you're excusing yourself for freedom of speech as if this even HAS anything to do with this discussion.

I'm questioning you opinions and thoughts, and calling out your inconsistency and psychotic speech towards Michael Vick.

See a therapist.

And up to this post I am still waiting for a response to,

or eat monkey brains for dessert.

Just re-read your post. I couldn't care less with what you think. Go defend Vick and have a nice night I got to run.

baja
09-22-2010, 06:09 PM
It would be interesting to see the takes if Vick were a Bronco..

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Just re-read your post. I couldn't care less with what you think. Go defend Vick and have a nice night I got to run.

this = guilty conscience but too ignorant to learn and improve.