PDA

View Full Version : McKinley found dead, 23

Fusionfrontman
09-21-2010, 04:22 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ab496e/article/sheriff-broncos-wr-mckinley-23-found-dead-at-his-home?module=HP_headlines

Terrible terrible news. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Especially sad considering Lynch and Baily were at a fundraiser for D-Will.

Bronco Rob
09-21-2010, 04:35 AM
:(

DennisSmithHOF
09-21-2010, 05:00 AM
This is terrible news for his family. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

illbroncsfn
09-21-2010, 05:31 AM
Sad- disappointing- life is just soo precious....

Mogulseeker
09-21-2010, 05:44 AM
Apparent suicide. Makes it worse. Good lord, are the Broncos cursed?

Dwil, Nash, now McKinley.

Steve Prefontaine
09-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Wow. Horrible news. Best wishes to his family.

SoDak Bronco
09-21-2010, 08:34 AM
http://www.cmt.com/videos/the-band-perry/573064/if-i-die-young.jhtml

Heard this song as I was driving to work today. Thought of Kenny,and wanted to share it. RIP Kenny.

Old Dude
09-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Terrible news. RIP and sympathies to his family.

TheProfessor
09-21-2010, 08:51 AM
RIP McKinley

FWIW, I just heard McD is going to talk to the press at 12:00

broncosteven
09-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Very sad to be at the pinninacle of your career and yet think you have no other options but to kill yourself.

RIP Kenny, I hope his family finds peace.

bronco militia
09-21-2010, 10:15 AM
sticky thread

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93912&page=9

JCMElway
09-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Merge threads, please.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
poor guy, does anyone know why he killed himself ?

Mogulseeker
09-21-2010, 02:52 PM
poor guy, does anyone know why he killed himself ?

The Broncos are actually going through lengths right now to make sure people don't find that out.

Kaylore
09-21-2010, 03:10 PM
The Broncos are actually going through lengths right now to make sure people don't find that out.

Those foreigners are making your grammar retarded.

They aren't "going to great lengths" to cover anything up. They are asking people consider the feelings of his families and allow a period of grieving before they talk about how he chose to kill himself and why out of respect for the dead.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 03:28 PM

WHY?? is that?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Broncos to honor McKinley at game Sunday
By Mike Klis

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said his team will honor Kenny McKinley during this week's game. (Reza A. Marvashti, The Denver Post)

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said his team will honor Kenny McKinley during this week's game. (Reza A. Marvashti, The Denver Post)

The Broncos will carry the spirit of Kenny McKinley with them to their game Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts at Invesco Field at Mile High.

Each Bronco player will wear a decal with McKinley’s No. 11 on their helmet. The franchise will also hold a moment of silence prior to the game. The players also decided in their team meeting this morning to keep McKinley’s locker in place.

Josh McDaniels was twice overcome with emotion as he addressed McKinley’s death during his press conference Tuesday.

“We’ve had two draft classes here in two years … ” McDaniels said before pausing to collect himself. “I’m not sure any one of the kids enjoyed the phone call any more than Kenny did.”

McKinley, a receiver from South Carolina, was the Broncos’ fifth-round draft pick in 2009. He was found dead Monday afternoon with an apparent self-inflicted gun wound to the head.

hope he finds peace in the after life that he couldn't find here
it wont let me post this a separate post
RIP Kenny McKinley

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 03:42 PM
now this game and everything else seems soo unimportant now

steeledude
09-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Suicide has always struck me as a terribly sad way for a person to go--it takes a deep loneliness to go through with it. For such a young talented person to take his life, I can only imagine the pain he must have felt. I wish he had felt there were people close enough to help him through this.

A sad day indeed for all his friends and family. I hope he has found some peace.

Those foreigners are making your grammar retarded.

They aren't "going to great lengths" to cover anything up. They are asking people consider the feelings of his families and allow a period of grieving before they talk about how he chose to kill himself and why out of respect for the dead.

And you couldn't just let something go without turning this thread into one of your little bitch sessions could you?

oldschoolorange
09-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Suicide has always struck me as a terribly sad way for a person to go--it takes a deep loneliness to go through with it. For such a young talented person to take his life, I can only imagine the pain he must have felt. I wish he had felt there were people close enough to help him through this.

A sad day indeed for all his friends and family. I hope he has found some peace.

And you couldn't just let something go without turning this thread into one of your little b**** sessions could you?

Are you kidding? Step back!

Kaylore
09-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Are you kidding? Step back!

Steeldude is someone who was banned and is using a pseudonym. I haven't figured out who yet, but he's one of my "fans" who likes to stalk me in threads and attack me. He's a loser.

Popps
09-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Steeldude is someone who was banned and is using a pseudonym. I haven't figured out who yet, but he's one of my "fans" who likes to stalk me in threads and attack me. He's a loser.

Again, we need 1-click ignore.

The MVPlaya
09-22-2010, 12:53 AM
DemaryiusT

God bless thank for letting me lay down tonight and get a good rest ..... please keep my follow teammate, brother, friend, kenny in prayers

steeledude
09-22-2010, 05:57 PM

Man you think highly of yourself. I'm a new user here who ran into you on the other broncos message board when you came over complaining about your amazing tc reports were posted without your permission.

Really you're just someone who is offensive and an all around terrible person and I thought at least in a thread about someone else you could quit thinking about yourself. But clearly you can't.

Sorry this thread got derailed by your inability to react to anything contrary to your viewpoint without vulgar hostility. You should go to the weight room and take notes on who is pissing you off and post it here. That might make you feel better.

Chris
09-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Man you think highly of yourself. I'm a new user here who ran into you on the other broncos message board when you came over complaining about your amazing tc reports were posted without your permission.

Really you're just someone who is offensive and an all around terrible person and I thought at least in a thread about someone else you could quit thinking about yourself. But clearly you can't.

Sorry this thread got derailed by your inability to react to anything contrary to your viewpoint without vulgar hostility. You should go to the weight room and take notes on who is pissing you off and post it here. That might make you feel better.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg

Kaylore
09-22-2010, 06:27 PM
I think we asked that you link the article. That's pretty standard courtesy. Out of curiosity, how long ago was this?

First of all, what makes me an offensive and all around terrible person? Secondly, you made this thread about me when you attacked me personally. The only one in our little exchanges who keeps talking about me, which mostly consist of you making baseless attacks about me and hijacking threads, is you.

Is that what this is about? My work out thread? Are you one of the guys in my list. Do you know how much positive feedback I got for that thread? People thought it was funny and welcomed it in the month of June when little to nothing happens in football land.

So let's sum up:

You're mad I asked someone to post a link to our reports.

You think I'm offensive and an all around horrible person (still waiting on evidence for this)

You then ripped me for talking about myself, which I never did.

Then you go off on me saying I always make everything about me, when this thread had nothing to do with me until you chimed in and attacked me.

Just admit it: You're that girl I shot down in eighth grade. It devastated you forever (sorry about that). You had a sex change to try and get over me and when that didn't work, you started cyber-stalking me. Am I right? Close?

bowtown
09-22-2010, 06:32 PM

http://robotpirateninja.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/inet_tough_guy.jpg

Kaylore
09-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Of course the little coward is in hiding now. That's his MO: Make a bunch of personal attacks and when confronted by everyone, run and hide. In a few weeks he'll do it again.

jhns
09-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Of course the little coward is in hiding now. That's his MO: Make a bunch of personal attacks and when confronted by everyone, run and hide. In a few weeks he'll do it again.

Cry more.

Popps
09-23-2010, 11:06 AM

Dude, like Mediator... you're way too elite of a poster to be even responding to trash like steelgirl or jhiz.

They exist solely to derail threads and garner attention for themselves. That's what life is for them.

You're one of the best posters we have here. Toss that trash on ignore and get on to some quality football conversation.

jhns
09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Dude, like Mediator... you're way too elite of a poster to be even responding to trash like steelgirl or jhiz.

They exist solely to derail threads and garner attention for themselves. That's what life is for them.

You're one of the best posters we have here. Toss that trash on ignore and get on to some quality football conversation.

Right. You guys are so much better. The ones derailing a thread about a dead player to cry about other posters. Way to show class.

Los Broncos
09-23-2010, 11:36 AM
yeah Kaylore is terrible, worse than Hilter IMO.

bombay
09-23-2010, 12:46 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/paige

Woody Paige is the Denver sports columnist we love to hate, but his work in the wake of Kenny McKinley's suicide is as compelling as anything I've read on a sports page.

Kaylore
09-23-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/paige

Woody Paige is the Denver sports columnist we love to hate, but his work in the wake of Kenny McKinley's suicide is as compelling as anything I've read on a sports page.

It shows how many people deal with these feelings for any number of reasons that don't make sense to someone on the outside looking in. In Woody's case it was diabetes. Sometimes it's depression, sometimes it's something else like work pressure. Sometimes it's social like Church pressure or sexual orientation. I was thinking about how hard it would be to be a gay sports player, especially a black one where homosexuality is viewed as more taboo.

The fact is we don't know and this is one of those "things we cannot change" and need to just accept.

Cool Breeze
09-24-2010, 12:38 AM
New York Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/new-york-giants/67056) cornerback D.J. Johnson (http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/player/david-desharnais/691465) cast doubt on the police version of his former Denver Broncos (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/denver-broncos/67044) teammate Kenny McKinley (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/kenny-mckinley/638233)'s suicide, the New York Post reported Thursday.
Johnson, a second-year backup who spent time with McKinley on the Broncos' practice squad last season, outlined a murky conspiracy theory Wednesday when asked about McKinley's death.
"Something fishy went down there," Johnson said without providing any details. "I don't think it happened the way they're saying it happened. Somebody did something to him."

Johnson told The Post he thinks McKinley might have been murdered because of what he described as a dangerous climate for pro athletes in Denver, especially high-profile Broncos.
There have been several incidents of violence committed against Denver athletes in recent years, notably the drive-by murder of Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams in January 2007.
"In Denver, with [athletes] that are out having fun in the same places as normal people and some convicts, it's going to be an issue because we have the financial backing to have a good time -- buy some bottles [of alcohol] and stuff like that," Johnson said.
"Then there's going to be others come in there and see the women gravitate to that. So they're going to try to match you. . . . That can lead to [violence]."
Johnson also said McKinley would not have killed himself with his 2-year-old son nearby.
"He lived for his son," Johnson said

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ex-teammate-doubts-kenny-mckinley-killed-himself-092310