PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Clark

TheReverend
09-20-2010, 10:45 PM
The best receiving TE in the nation comes to town against a unit that's been abysmal at covering less talented TE's. No updates on McBath's injury so covering him man up with a safety is unrealistic.

I say handle him with a heavy dose of Cox.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-20-2010, 10:47 PM
oh boy long day i take it ! eh i was predicting 9-7 or less. so i wont be expecting a win

HILife
09-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Are you trying to imply something with that xoC? Maybe give him so much pain he can't walk straight?

24champ
09-20-2010, 10:55 PM
I hear Sam Brandon is a Free Agent...he was pretty good at covering Gonzo and Gates. We haven't covered TE's the same since Brandon couldn't play anymore.

http://ntxfootball.com/Images/Coaches/Sam_Coach.jpg

SoCalBronco
09-20-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm not concerned.

http://www.maxdenver.com/maxdenver/images/players/haggan_mario_250.jpg

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-dog-pictures-shutdown-complete.jpg

baja
09-20-2010, 11:00 PM
What the hell we gonna do if Champ & Goodman can't go?

Maybe KM and LoMo will have career games and Manning will be kept on the sidelines.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-20-2010, 11:03 PM

Maybe KM and LoMo will have career games and Manning will be kept on the sidelines.

well if they cant play we are soo F ed . just mho

s0phr0syne
09-20-2010, 11:03 PM

the most amazing FA signing ever (Nate Jones, duh) will hold this team together.

8')

Jesterhole
09-20-2010, 11:10 PM
This is going to be a long and painful game for our defense. Manning will probably go down as the best to ever play his position...or at least he'll be in the conversation.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Why not Bruton?

TheReverend
09-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Why not Bruton?

Brb, lol'ing.

Naggle Nole
09-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Peyton+ Clark might be the single worst matchup in the league for us, other than Rivers + Gates
I would hope after that embarrassment last year we at least have SOME idea of what to do with him
I would rather take my chances against Addai and Donald Brown, even though with our run D that looks dubious too

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-20-2010, 11:25 PM
oh well maybe next year

baja
09-20-2010, 11:27 PM
One thing is for sure we are going to get some insight into what skill Josh & Wink have to bring game planning and what they got on gameday play calling & adjustments. I think we likely will lose but I want to see how we lose. Will we be picked apart at will or will we make them work for it like we did last year. This will be a very telling game win or lose.

KevinJames
09-20-2010, 11:28 PM
last time we played Indy last year we didn't do a good job on him in the redzone, but other than that I think our D played great against manning, I think we just have to bracket Clark have him pressed with a LB (DJ) or a (S) Dawkins.

I am hearing McBath may suit up for this game so that will be huge if he can, but really its dependent on Champ's health. Its looking like Goodman might miss this game so we can show the colts our cox and hopefully get away with it.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Brb, lol'ing.

Bruton has the size and speed to match up with Clark.

baja
09-20-2010, 11:33 PM
last time we played Indy last year we didn't do a good job on him in the redzone, but other than that I think our D played great against manning, I think we just have to bracket Clark have him pressed with a LB (DJ) or a (S) Dawkins.

I am hearing McBath may suit up for this game so that will be huge if he can, but really its dependent on Champ's health. Its looking like Goodman might miss this game so we can show the colts our cox and hopefully get away with it.

Where did you get this stuff about McBath and Goodman?

TheReverend
09-20-2010, 11:43 PM

Yah, great inline speed... but he can't "move". Clark would chew him up all day.

BlaK-Argentina
09-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Easy, put Dawkins on him on tight coverage and tell him to knock him on his ass as soon as the ball is snapped. Problem solved.

Yeah I wish it was that easy.

TheReverend
09-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Honestly, I think we're gonna go zone heavy. Maybe some fire zone blitzes to try and confuse Peyton. Maybe dropping some linemen into coverage.

Pseudofool
09-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Honestly, I think we're gonna go zone heavy. Maybe some fire zone blitzes to try and confuse Peyton. Maybe dropping some linemen into coverage.This.

We don't have the personnel to match up with Clark man on man; so I think we'll get creative through a variety of zone blitzes. Depending on the health of Baily, we'll likely see a bend don't break (often) defense all day long. If Bailey's healthy, we might be able to run some man with Goodman or Cox on Clark (though we'll get punished at the midrange) and Bailey on Wayne.

Naggle Nole
09-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Honestly, I think we're gonna go zone heavy. Maybe some fire zone blitzes to try and confuse Peyton. Maybe dropping some linemen into coverage.

This is especially going to be true if we have to start any of the young'uns out there over Champ and/or Goodman
Playing against Peyton you are eternally in nickel/dime anyway, so there is NO WAY that Thompson goes inactive again

We are probably going to try to force the game into the hands of Addai and Brown
If the Giants game is any indication, the Colts will happily oblige, so I hope our run D has a f***ing pulse

BlaK-Argentina
09-21-2010, 12:13 AM

They're going to hang 30+ on us either way. We'll need the offense to really shine if we want to have a chance.

Kaylore
09-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Every scenario I see, we lose this game.

The Colts look past us and we're up by ten at the half. Manning makes adjustments and throws three touchdowns in the second half to beat us 28-17 anyway.
We run the ball and keep Manning on the sideline. After scoring a few TD's and a couple field goals, things look good at the half up 10-20. Then Orton is sacked and fumbles. Manning roars back in the fourth quarter defeating us 30-20.
Manning realizes we are missing our best corner, have no pass rush and are scared of the run game. He completely destroys us up 24-0 at the half. By the end of the game it's 39-14, Colts.
Manning is poisoned and Curtis Painter comes in. In the wanning moments of the fourth quarter, up three scores, Manning telepathically controlls Curtis Painter and throws a touch down that glows and shoots lazers. An obscure rule states that and pass that is thrown that way is worth 35 points. Colts still win.

I hope I'm wrong, but Manning owns us and we're hurting. We're going to get destroyed.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-21-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm going to pull my hair out if we play soft cushions and let their recievers run uncontested routes.

Doggcow
09-21-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm not concerned.

http://www.maxdenver.com/maxdenver/images/players/haggan_mario_250.jpg

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-dog-pictures-shutdown-complete.jpg

I have a shiba :)

KevinJames
09-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Where did you get this stuff about McBath and Goodman?

Lets just say a little birdie told me ;D

BowlenBall
09-21-2010, 01:16 AM

The Colts look past us and we're up by ten at the half. Manning makes adjustments and throws three touchdowns in the second half to beat us 28-17 anyway.
We run the ball and keep Manning on the sideline. After scoring a few TD's and a couple field goals, things look good at the half up 10-20. Then Orton is sacked and fumbles. Manning roars back in the fourth quarter defeating us 30-20.
Manning realizes we are missing our best corner, have no pass rush and are scared of the run game. He completely destroys us up 24-0 at the half. By the end of the game it's 39-14, Colts.
Manning is poisoned and Curtis Painter comes in. In the wanning moments of the fourth quarter, up three scores, Manning telepathically controlls Curtis Painter and throws a touch down that glows and shoots lazers. An obscure rule states that and pass that is thrown that way is worth 35 points. Colts still win.

I hope I'm wrong, but Manning owns us and we're hurting. We're going to get destroyed.

One word, oh ye of little faith:

Tebow.

Archer81
09-21-2010, 01:33 AM

Tebow finds your lack of faith disturbing...

:Broncos:

DivineLegion
09-21-2010, 02:06 AM

That only works if we can get pressure on the QB.

montrose
09-21-2010, 02:28 AM
I hear Sam Brandon is a Free Agent...he was pretty good at covering Gonzo and Gates. We haven't covered TE's the same since Brandon couldn't play anymore.

http://ntxfootball.com/Images/Coaches/Sam_Coach.jpg

VERY underrated Bronco. You can look at 2005-2006 and the results of the opposing TE almost directly corralate to if he played or not. I hoped McBath could replace that but we have no clue as to that injury. Not sure who gives us the best chance on him, just please goodness don't let it be Woodyard.

BowlenBall
09-21-2010, 02:51 AM
I don't think any of our linebackers can hang with Dallas Clark's speed, and none of our corners are big enough to keep the ball away from him. McBath seems to be our best hope, let's cross our fingers that he's back for this game....

Lev Vyvanse
09-21-2010, 06:47 AM
The best receiving TE in the nation comes to town against a unit that's been abysmal at covering less talented TE's. No updates on McBath's injury so covering him man up with a safety is unrealistic.

Using a nickel base defence scares the **** out of me. Last year we got gashed when teams lined up 3 wide and pounded the ball. I can't imagine what would have happened if we were playing that defence when the TE was on the field. I like the zone blitz idea better.

jmz313
09-21-2010, 07:29 AM

wow, that looks grim.... and you even forgot the scenario where after painter goes down, they Pull Jamarcus russell out of the stands as emergency #3 and he picks our 2min D apart for the win.

Garcia Bronco
09-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Dallas Clark isn't a real tightend. If he had to stay in an block he'd get destroyed over the course of a season. He's a receiver and it's time for the Squid to make his presence known. :)

Beantown Bronco
09-21-2010, 07:43 AM
If we could beat Indy this weekend without Dumervil, Champ, Goodman and McBath, it would be the biggest Broncos upset in recent memory IMO.

oubronco
09-21-2010, 07:44 AM
I really don't see us winning this one with the way our defense is playing with all our starters then you figure in the rooks possibly starting and Manning will have a career day.....Not good

Rabb
09-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Dallas Clark isn't a real tightend. If he had to stay in an block he'd get destroyed over the course of a season. He's a receiver and it's time for the Squid to make his presence known. :)

not anymore, you are right

in college, he was an all-around TE

Lolad
09-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Didn't we play some type of hybrid last year in the 1st half with 2 DL, 4 LB's, and 5 CB's? I remember getting destroyed because we went away from what was winning us games. I can imagine will try to be cute again this year and get destroyed.

The MVPlaya
09-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Didn't we play some type of hybrid last year in the 1st half with 2 DL, 4 LB's, and 5 CB's? I remember getting destroyed because we went away from what was winning us games. I can imagine will try to be cute again this year and get destroyed.

That was actually the controversial game that was the beginning of the end for Nolan. Nolan was supposedly calling a bunch of run blitz at the beginning of the game which led to Peyton's 3 TD's at the beginning of the game.. then obviously as the game wore on we got some int's and started to climb back but couldn't finish it off.

We ran a 4 man front from... we played the game in a nickel package as our base/starting defense... Dumervil was moved down to the line.

bowtown
09-21-2010, 08:31 AM

You left out this scenario:

Ish is a 10-year old boy who never gets picked for football games at recess. But he knows everything about the sport and is a football champion on his Playtendo video game console. Ish's life is about to change forever. He isn't just any kid - he's the Guardian. Ish learns that NFL stadiums are home to a lifeforce called the "Core," and he must protect the "Core" by any means necessary. Given the abilities of an NFL pro (and a few superhuman powers), Ish lives out his dreams of football stardom. He is thrust into a world where he is responsible for defeating the deadly Blitz Botz machines sent from an evil overlord, Sudden Death. The overlord wants to turn every living thing into a machine, and Ish is the only person that can stop him. In each episode, Ish and his team of NFL superheroes representing all 32 teams, The Rusherz, work together to stop the Blitz Botz from retrieving all 32 shards of the "Core."

TotallyScrewed
09-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Unless the pass rush improves, Manning is going to be able to make me a sandwich while he waits for his receiver to come open. Unless Denver's offense scores a TD every time, it's over. I'm really believing in this offense. They will keep it close (fingers cross, rabbit foot, and Payton Manning voodoo doll)!!

Mogulseeker
09-21-2010, 08:58 AM

Yeah, just slap Cox on him.

Old Dude
09-21-2010, 09:12 AM
You beat the Colts the same way you beat anyone else. Minimize stupid penalties. Don't cough up the ball. Make your red zone opportunities count. Do whatever you can to disrupt their pace.

It's not impossible.

go_broncos
09-21-2010, 09:14 AM
I know we will lose this game..
I am interested to see if it will be a blowout or a close game.

Rock Chalk
09-21-2010, 09:22 AM
I know this.

IF Denver pulls the miracle here, it wont be "Wow, Denver really is good" it will be "What's wrong with the Colts?"

baja
09-21-2010, 09:24 AM
I am interested to see if it will be a blowout or a close game.

It's not a fore gone conclusion we lose this game

Lolad
09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
That was actually the controversial game that was the beginning of the end for Nolan. Nolan was supposedly calling a bunch of run blitz at the beginning of the game which led to Peyton's 3 TD's at the beginning of the game.. then obviously as the game wore on we got some int's and started to climb back but couldn't finish it off.

We ran a 4 man front from... we played the game in a nickel package as our base/starting defense... Dumervil was moved down to the line.

I would rather play our defense man to man and get beaten then to play off and let them get close to the redzone where Peyton seems to be automatic in that area

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Unless the pass rush improves, Manning is going to be able to make me a sandwich while he waits for his receiver to come open. Unless Denver's offense scores a TD every time, it's over. I'm really believing in this offense. They will keep it close (fingers cross, rabbit foot, and Payton Manning voodoo doll)!!

What kind of sandwich?

Tombstone RJ
09-21-2010, 10:10 AM
You beat the Colts the same way you beat anyone else. Minimize stupid penalties. Don't cough up the ball. Make your red zone opportunities count. Do whatever you can to disrupt their pace.

It's not impossible.

Yep. Just limit mistakes and over power their defense with the run game. Don't give Manning great field position via stupid STs coverage and hopefully get a turnover or two (sometimes it's just better to be lucky than to be good).

I agree that no lead is safe with Manning on the field but if the Broncos can gain the lead and force Manning to make a few bad throws then anything can happen, including the Broncos winning.

Ambiguous
09-21-2010, 10:17 AM
I already played this one, nothing to worry about:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/gleimbeck/8bad69ba.jpg

Malcontent
09-21-2010, 10:17 AM

Ahhhhh the olde glowing lazer touchdown trick ehhh?

TheChamp24
09-21-2010, 11:02 AM

Way to hold off that 4th quarter comeback attempt.
Also, nice to see our run d improve.

TotallyScrewed
09-21-2010, 11:52 AM

It's not impossible.

The margin of error is just much tighter...usually. With the Colts, going three and out is the same as a turn over in your territory, failing to score is like the icy wind on your neck and as long as there is a second on the clock, Payton can score.

You're right, it's not impossible but I would change "minimize stupid penalties" to "eliminate penalties".

It's paramount that the Colts must go 80+ to score. And equally paramount that Denver scores 7 a very high percentage of their possessions...like 100% seems safe.

jmz313
09-21-2010, 12:22 PM
The margin of error is just much tighter...usually. With the Colts, going three and out is the same as a turn over in your territory, failing to score is like the icy wind on your neck and as long as there is a second on the clock, Payton can score.

You're right, it's not impossible but I would change "minimize stupid penalties" to "eliminate penalties".

It's paramount that the Colts must go 80+ to score. And equally paramount that Denver scores 7 a very high percentage of their possessions...like 100% seems safe.

Yes. Driving down and kicking Field goals is the key to Losing against the Colts.

fdf
09-21-2010, 12:48 PM
You left out this scenario:

Ish is a 10-year old boy who never gets picked for football games at recess. But he knows everything about the sport and is a football champion on his Playtendo video game console. Ish's life is about to change forever. He isn't just any kid - he's the Guardian. Ish learns that NFL stadiums are home to a lifeforce called the "Core," and he must protect the "Core" by any means necessary. Given the abilities of an NFL pro (and a few superhuman powers), Ish lives out his dreams of football stardom. He is thrust into a world where he is responsible for defeating the deadly Blitz Botz machines sent from an evil overlord, Sudden Death. The overlord wants to turn every living thing into a machine, and Ish is the only person that can stop him. In each episode, Ish and his team of NFL superheroes representing all 32 teams, The Rusherz, work together to stop the Blitz Botz from retrieving all 32 shards of the "Core."

And when I started reading this, I thought maybe we signed Ish and won the game :)

SonOfLe-loLang
09-21-2010, 01:01 PM

It seems like you should have put up more yards for 105 pts...work on it:)

ghwk
09-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Bring back Tony Lilly and we are fine. LOL

bronco militia
09-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Bring back Tony Lilly and we are fine. LOL

ROFL!

Doug Williams approves of this post

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/3E2B849E-DA66-4DD5-96B5-769B0412F693/U88054021.jpg

Steve Sewell
09-21-2010, 01:42 PM
well if they cant play we are soo F ed . just mho

When did we start getting 4chan kiddies here?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
since when is the abbreviation for the F word 4 chan F ed which stands for the F word for intercourse .
ok lemme spell it out in military terms then
we are soo F.oxtrot U.niform C.harlie K.ilo ed then <--- again this is U.S Military Alpha CODE NOT 4 CHAN CRUD have i made my self clear stevie or are you a blind wonder:D
baka! <-- again not 4 chan

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
It seems like you should have put up more yards for 105 pts...work on it:)

wow 105 how in the hell did you paste 105 on the colts lol

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 02:13 PM

now if i sed do you like mudkips do a barrel roll on the colts and score over 9000 then you can say im from 4 chan ugh i went to this 4 chan a few times and it soo idiotic . full of preschool kiddies who post the grossest stuff .like a guy showing his arse ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Steve Sewell
09-21-2010, 02:19 PM

You would say this if we were playing the Rams at home.

Steve Sewell
09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
since when is the abbreviation for the F word 4 chan F ed which stands for the F word for intercourse .
ok lemme spell it out in military terms then
we are soo F.oxtrot U.niform C.harlie K.ilo ed then <--- again this is U.S Military Alpha CODE NOT 4 CHAN CRUD have i made my self clear stevie or are you a blind wonder:D
baka! <-- again not 4 chan

I'd be shocked if you were to tell me you can dress yourself in the morning. It must require all of your mental resources to even turn on your computer. I admire your determination.

TailgateNut
09-21-2010, 05:35 PM

It's not impossible.

Thank you. According to the rest of the posts, we should just forfeit.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I'd be shocked if you were to tell me you can dress yourself in the morning. It must require all of your mental resources to even turn on your computer. I admire your determination.

oh stevie dont be soo angry now smile stevie:yayaya: its just the internet

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 06:18 PM

now steve about my question since when is F ed a 4 chan meme or ne thing related to 4 chan btw just wondering ,since i haven't been to this 4 chan since o say 08 now stevie why u soo mad for hmmm last i check this is a bronco forum not the fightin over the net forum now ya have ya self a nice day now and dont be soo angry all the time now . also 4 chan sukz :~ohyah!:

ZachKC
09-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Their offensive line isn't what it used to be.

Will that be enough for your team or mine? Probably not. I think you just try to have long sustained drives to keep their offense from getting into the groove and hope for solid STs play and a turnover or two.

BlaK-Argentina
09-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Their offensive line isn't what it used to be.

Will that be enough for your team or mine? Probably not. I think you just try to have long sustained drives to keep their offense from getting into the groove and hope for solid STs play and a turnover or two.

This. There's no magic formula. Our guys just have to go out there and play their best game. It might just be enough.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 06:32 PM
well im gonna believe and cheer on the broncos to beat the cults as stupid as that seems these days maybe if i believe hard nuff they will win broncos 21 cults 20 feel free to talk trash about me being soo foolish to believe!!!!!

Steve Sewell
09-21-2010, 06:42 PM
now steve about my question since when is F ed a 4 chan meme or ne thing related to 4 chan btw just wondering ,since i haven't been to this 4 chan since o say 08 now stevie why u soo mad for hmmm last i check this is a bronco forum not the fightin over the net forum now ya have ya self a nice day now and dont be soo angry all the time now . also 4 chan sukz :~ohyah!:

I wasn't referring to anything you said specifically. I was referring to the way you write. It is nearly unintelligible.

Mediator12
09-22-2010, 06:37 AM

Plenty of Players have the size and speed, few have the mental ability and discipline. Bruton is not one of those...

Mediator12
09-22-2010, 06:54 AM
This game will have to be a as perfect as possible against INDY, because all of DEN's strengths play inot INDY's strengths. DEN can pass the ball, but INDY can cover and force TO's in the passing game. DEN can not run the ball, and INDY's defense is average versus the run.

ON offense, DEN can contain the pass. However, INDY is lethal against a defense that does not play its nickel all game long getting favorable matchups with 11 or 12 personnel groupings in the air. When you go nickel you also have to stack the box with 7 or they will run the ball on you and be patient and keep the ball themselves.

They also run a hurry up offense so you can not get substitutions for your DL. SO, you have to pick your poison with your DL. Go light and they run you. Go heavy and they make you pass rush to get tired and not get off the field.

There is not a single matchup that DEN is going to have a strong advantage in this game. They are simply going to have to outwork, out execute, and out play them. It is certainly possible, but not very likely to happen. INDY already played their game getting out worked againt HOU in the opener. DEN has a lot of work to do this week.

driver
09-22-2010, 07:04 AM

That's against the law. But It might slow them up just a little, especially if our Cox plays hard.Hilarious!

_Oro_
09-22-2010, 07:09 AM
This game will have to be a as perfect as possible against INDY, because all of DEN's strengths play inot INDY's strengths. DEN can pass the ball, but INDY can cover and force TO's in the passing game. DEN can not run the ball, and INDY's defense is average versus the run.

ON offense, DEN can contain the pass. However, INDY is lethal against a defense that does not play its nickel all game long getting favorable matchups with 11 or 12 personnel groupings in the air. When you go nickel you also have to stack the box with 7 or they will run the ball on you and be patient and keep the ball themselves.

They also run a hurry up offense so you can not get substitutions for your DL. SO, you have to pick your poison with your DL. Go light and they run you. Go heavy and they make you pass rush to get tired and not get off the field.

There is not a single matchup that DEN is going to have a strong advantage in this game. They are simply going to have to outwork, out execute, and out play them. It is certainly possible, but not very likely to happen. INDY already played their game getting out worked againt HOU in the opener. DEN has a lot of work to do this week.

One thing we have going for us is that the New England system is successful against Indy. Even last year we were in that game late.

Mediator12
09-22-2010, 07:27 AM
One thing we have going for us is that the New England system is successful against Indy. Even last year we were in that game late.

Actually, it is the variable defenses that Belichick can use that Cause INDY issues. Right now, DEN is struggling to run its base defense, let alone anything exotic enough to confuse Manning like Belichick does to him.