PDA

View Full Version : Moss sack

gyldenlove
09-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I didn't see the sack by Moss, does anyone have a replay or can you at least describe it to me?

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
It was a team sack and Ayers actually got there first.

broncocalijohn
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
You see sack and Moss in the same sentence and it surely deserves a thread of its own. I hope we see a ton more so it wont be a big deal. Boy, I miss Doom.

PRBronco
09-20-2010, 10:34 AM
It was a team sack and Ayers actually got there first.

Yeah I kept expecting to see that changed in the stat box. I only saw it once, but I swear I saw Jarvis just standing there while at least one and maybe two Broncos got Hasselback.

Dedhed
09-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Don't listen to Garcia. It was on a play where there was a flag for illegal motion, so there wasn't a replay or any discussion.

Moss beat his man cleanly and brought Hasselbeck down quickly.

Chris
09-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Mossack.

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Don't listen to Garcia. It was on a play where there was a flag for illegal motion, so there wasn't a replay or any discussion.

Moss beat his man cleanly and brought Hasselbeck down quickly.

And Ayers got there first around the legs, and then moss got him up top by jumping the pile. We declined the illegal motion penalty.

Popps
09-20-2010, 10:59 AM
It's a stretch to call it a "sack" by Moss, but he was spotted on camera, so that's something.

He'd kill to stay rich.

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
He'd kill to stay rich.

Love that line. One of those that will never get old.

At least we know this: if he doesn't perform well this year....with all that "second contract big $ on the line", then we'll know once and for all that he really does suck.

Cito Pelon
09-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Moss is still sporting a cast that immobilizes his left hand and wrist. He's gonna have a good year.

LonghornBronco
09-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I thought it was very generous to give it to Moss. Looked more like Ayers used an inside bull move to get to and grab Matt, and DJ leaped over the scrum to finish him off. I think Moss had a hand on him as he went down...

LonghornBronco
09-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Looked like a nickle with Ayers at LDE, Bannon at NT, and Moss at RDE. Ayers bulled his guy into the pocket and when Matt stepped up, peeled off his guy and got an arm around Hassleback, who stumbled into and knocked over Moss. As Moss was recovering DJ leaped over the pile and finished off MH.

Thats the way I saw it anyway.

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Looked like a nickle with Ayers at LDE, Bannon at NT, and Moss at RDE. Ayers bulled his guy into the pocket and when Matt stepped up, peeled off his guy and got an arm around Hassleback, who stumbled into and knocked over Moss. As Moss was recovering DJ leaped over the pile and finished off MH.

If Moss wasn't the leaping player then I coulld be incorrect.

_Oro_
09-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Moss was the player falling to his knees...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d81aab5d9/Broncos-defense-sack-3-yd-loss

It was a good play but Ayers made that sack happen.

PRBronco
09-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Sounds like this might be one of those sacks that they correct during the week. I seem to remember it happening to Doom last year.

Mogulseeker
09-20-2010, 11:44 AM
That was definitely Moss who tackled him. But Ayers had the first hit.

PRBronco
09-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Moss was the player falling to his knees...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d81aab5d9/Broncos-defense-sack-3-yd-loss

It was a good play but Ayers made that sack happen.

Hahaha, **** Moss is skinny. It looks like when a fight breaks out in the NBA, long limbs flying everywhere.

chadta
09-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Moss is still sporting a cast that immobilizes his left hand and wrist.

we coulda used one of those last week on mcbean.

as for the moss sack, he slipped on loose turf, and hasselback tripped over him

gyldenlove
09-20-2010, 12:17 PM

From the replay it looks like Moss bull rushes from the LDE then rips inside when Hasselbeck steps up, Bannan just kind of looked at the offensive lineman and didn't really engage, Ayers bull rushed which combined with Haggan going wide caused Hasselbeck to step up. Moss slipped but was able to recover and grap Hasselbeck when Ayers came in and DJ jumped the pile.

I think it should be a half sack for both Ayers and Moss.

Archer81
09-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Thread title is a bit odd. Was about to post something along the lines of "well wash your sack, and moss wont happen..."

Shenanigans.

:Broncos:

baja
09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Thread title is a bit odd. Was about to post something along the lines of "well wash your sack, and moss wont happen..."

Shenanigans.

You sure your not a sailor you seem preoccupied by the rigging.

Archer81
09-20-2010, 01:57 PM
You sure your not a sailor you seem preoccupied by the rigging.

No. I dont like boats.

I am just fascinated with tackle. Its like tits for straight men.

houghtam
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
DJ Williams deserved as much credit for that sack as Moss did.

Give it to Ayers.

ChSuperStar
09-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Detroit has 10 sacks so far this year... Can we swap there front 7 with our front 7. They will for sure have another 0-16 and we might be on our way into play offs.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
broncocalijohn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2951) im here come post here

PRBronco
09-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere else but I was just nosing around the stats on nfl.com and noticed that this sack was changed to half for DJ half for Ayers. Poor Jarvis, he'd kill to stay rich.

Los Broncos
09-28-2010, 08:58 AM
How many sacks will he have this year?

outdoor_miner
09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere else but I was just nosing around the stats on nfl.com and noticed that this sack was changed to half for DJ half for Ayers. Poor Jarvis, he'd kill to stay rich.

Haha - I was going to post this too. Go Ayers! :)

SoCalBronco
09-28-2010, 07:11 PM

Sweet.

:thumbsup: