PDA

View Full Version : Broncos start hot at home, defeat Seahawks 31-14 behind rookie Thomas

Bronco Rob
09-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Broncos start hot at home, defeat Seahawks 31-14 behind rookie Thomas

Champ Bailey leaves locker room on crutches
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 09/19/2010 07:06:05 PM MDT

Introducing the Broncos' first-round draft pick not named Tim Tebow. The other guy. The guy the Broncos picked ahead of Tebow.

In fact, before meeting this other guy, credit Tebow for helping to set up the Broncos much needed 31-14 victory Sunday against Seattle in the hottest home opening game in Denver history.

With all the hype surrounding Tebow, the Broncos could keep their weapon secret until Demaryius Thomas was ready. That's the guy who introduced himself to the NFL on Sunday. Demaryius Thomas.

The Broncos were up 14-0 late in the second quarter when coach Josh McDaniels decided it was time to unleash his special talent. Not Tebow, the acclaimed quarterback taken with the No. 25 overall pick, but Thomas, who
was selected to considerably less fanfare at No. 22. When drafted, Thomas was a raw receiver with a broken foot.

Today, Thomas's greatest challenge will be coming up with an encore after he had eight catches for 97 yards and a touchdown in a limited NFL debut.

The fun started with 3:19 left in the first half. Replacing Brandon Lloyd at the split right end position, Thomas caught a receiver screen on third-and-14 and bolted upfield for an 18-yard gain. On the next play, Thomas caught a 20-yard pass on an in route.

Pure speed on one play. All 6-foot-3, 229 pounds of physical specimen on the next.

His career was under way.

The former Georgia Tech go-route receiver caught four passes for 56 yards on that drive, which ended with a short Matt Prater field goal just before the half for a 17-0 halftime lead.

Thomas went back to the bench until late in the third quarter. One more drive, four more catches. This time it ended with Thomas catching a beautifully thrown 21-yard touchdown pass down the left sideline from quarterback Kyle Orton.

Godspeed, Brandon Marshall. The Broncos' former go-to receiver is now playing for the 2-0 Miami Dolphins.

But if anything was learned from Game 2 of the first season without Marshall, it's that just about everybody is replaceable

Champ on crutches

Ordinarily, Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey is one of the first players out of the locker room following a game.

He was the last player to leave Sunday. It's hard to hurry on crutches.

Bailey left the Broncos' locker room with his right ankle lightly wrapped, and leaning on two crutches.

"It happens," Bailey said. "I should be all right, though."

For now, there's a good chance the Broncos may have take on Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts next week without their 9-time Pro Bowl cornerback. Bailey appeared to suffer the injury in the fourth quarter of the Broncos' 31-14 victory against Seattle.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16118311

:afro:

MileHighMagic
09-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey Bey Bey!!

I am very excited about this youngster.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-19-2010, 06:35 PM
This Thomas kid is going to be dangerous! :thumbsup:

Enjoyed watching him punk the Seachickens' secondary.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-19-2010, 06:44 PM
gosh wasn't we supposed to like lose every game .and McDaniels supposed to be fired and orton run out of town behind tebow ,

UberBroncoMan
09-19-2010, 06:58 PM
What's scary is we actually have too much depth at WR. If we lost Lloyd and Gaffney we'd still be more than fine with Thomas, Decker, and Willis behind them. Royal would be harder.

Bronco Rob
09-20-2010, 03:19 AM
(̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃̃)۶٩

8')

BMarsh615
09-20-2010, 04:18 AM
Max Denver had a pretty good Thomas article today as well.

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/09/20/thomas-makes-himself-a-known-commodity/

ColoradoDarin
09-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Don't know if it was intentional or not, but I like that Tebow didn't get into the game so all the focus was on Thomas for his first game.

footstepsfrom#27
09-20-2010, 07:17 AM
gosh wasn't we supposed to like lose every game .and McDaniels supposed to be fired and orton run out of town behind tebow ,
Don't take this personally since I selected you randomly, but I'm just curious...will there ever come a time in the future when we can get beyond the same tired silly-ass wisecracks directed at whatever portion of the fan base is on the opposite side? Seriously...it's been over a year now so isn't it time to just move on from this? People have opinions...sometimes they turn out right...sometimes wrong...we have a ways to go before we know how Josh's regime turns out. But how long are we going to continue with this stuff? Another year? Two? Next week if/when they're blown out by Indy, the other side will be sniping with their **** about McDaniels. I was pretty vocal about my thoughts...about 8 months ago...but time is supposed to move on...why don't we let it?

On a positive note...not one mention of Cutler lighting up the Cowboys despite some of the most piss-poor pass protection I've ever seen. Maybe we're almost done with being concerned about him every week...I can only hope so.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Don't take this personally since I selected you randomly, but I'm just curious...will there ever come a time in the future when we can get beyond the same tired silly-ass wisecracks directed at whatever portion of the fan base is on the opposite side? Seriously...it's been over a year now so isn't it time to just move on from this? People have opinions...sometimes they turn out right...sometimes wrong...we have a ways to go before we know how Josh's regime turns out. But how long are we going to continue with this stuff? Another year? Two? Next week if/when they're blown out by Indy, the other side will be sniping with their **** about McDaniels. I was pretty vocal about my thoughts...about 8 months ago...but time is supposed to move on...why don't we let it?

On a positive note...not one mention of Cutler lighting up the Cowboys despite some of the most piss-poor pass protection I've ever seen. Maybe we're almost done with being concerned about him every week...I can only hope so.

Considering last week we had someone say that a 7 point loss on the road in Florida was "absolute embarassing" and "the worst loss I can remember," and saying that Orton was horrible and wasn't going to be any good, ever... and this was a WEEK ago...

You really can't understand why people would bring this up?

Did you call out PrivateBeef and Rev for this nonsense last week?

baja
09-20-2010, 08:02 AM

It will go on until Josh proves he can win and that he has the Broncos headed in the right direction. Already some of his biggest detractors have been won over, at least to a wait and see stance. They are mostly the smarter ones that think for themselves. All that is left are a few bitter fans that have a hard time adjusting to change and are still not convinced which is their prerogative. There are a few that will never come over they enjoy hating. There are even some that enjoy the attention they receive by being negative, it defines them.

Most all are Broncos fans and love their football team with only a few exceptions.

DenverBrit
09-20-2010, 08:45 AM

Yeah, let's not mention Cutler. Ha!

Naggle Nole
09-20-2010, 09:21 AM

The best thing that can happen for that to go away is success for BOTH sides
I hate the way he handled himself leaving here, and that comment about our fanbase being a 6 was insulting, but predictable given the circumstances of his exit
Fact is, the guy is a former Bronco and I have a hard time rooting for our guys to fail
I think it is pretty clear to everyone that his psyche did not fit with what is developing here in Denver, so to try and take his performances and say "What if he was doing that for us" is just being illogical

I hope that Chicago does well by him and I hope that we do even better
P.S. Sorry for even injecting a Cutler discussion into this thread :-*

Bronco Rob
09-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Max Denver had a pretty good Thomas article today as well.

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/09/20/thomas-makes-himself-a-known-commodity/

:thumbsup: