PDA

View Full Version : On to Indy...

BroncosSR
09-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Ok... I get to see the Broncos live very little... I live in Pennsylvania but live die hard for these guys... I have a few friends from Ottawa, CA that are meeting us for the game against Indy, so I thought it'd be fun to meet whoever wanted to meet. Generally we go to the fan tent during the pregame because it's great for fans that live away and we can watch the other games. If anybody wanted to meet, I'd be up for it. Again, don't reply if you're gonna act like a doucher and say something smart. It's not worth my time. Not all of us get to be so close the the Broncos...

Again, my girlfriend and I will probably end up in the tent so if anybody wanted to meet (i'll buy a beer), I'd be up for it.

For the rest, hate on me now...

broncosteven
09-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Check the tailgate forum, there maybe others talking about meeting up there.

bronco militia
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
http://www.brainygamer.com/.a/6a00e39824440288330120a5dc96d4970b-800wi

Lev Vyvanse
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Ok... I get to see the Broncos live very little... I live in Pennsylvania but live die hard for these guys... I have a few friends from Ottawa, CA that are meeting us for the game against Indy, so I thought it'd be fun to meet whoever wanted to meet. Generally we go to the fan tent during the pregame because it's great for fans that live away and we can watch the other games. If anybody wanted to meet, I'd be up for it. Again, don't reply if you're gonna act like a doucher and say something smart. It's not worth my time. Not all of us get to be so close the the Broncos...

Again, my girlfriend and I will probably end up in the tent so if anybody wanted to meet (i'll buy a beer), I'd be up for it.

For the rest, hate on me now...

E = MC^2

Sorry, I have a oppositional defiant disorder.

BroncosSR
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
I barely make it out of this forum...

UberBroncoMan
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM
At this point in time I have no idea how we'll do anything on O against them.

Our running game is a pile of ****, and we may have a rookie going against Robert Mathis.

Then add in our defense can't stop the run and they have Peyton Manning.

We're going to need quite a few breaks and a big + on turnovers.

Maybe we'll actually run some zone seeing as how it flat out raped them against Houston.

oubronco
09-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Wink better bring his A+ gameplan

BroncosSR
09-19-2010, 06:11 PM
At this point in time I have no idea how we'll do anything on O against them.

Our running game is a pile of ****, and we may have a rookie going against Robert Mathis.

Then add in our defense can't stop the run and they have Peyton Manning.

We're going to need quite a few breaks and a big + on turnovers.

Maybe we'll actually run some zone seeing as how it flat out raped them against Houston.

Agreed, yet I'll defend this team as long as I can...

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Ok count me officially worried! Either the Giants suck or a sleeping Giant was awoken in Houston!

baja
09-19-2010, 06:35 PM
great to see Kubes beat his mentor he looked very satisfied

UberBroncoMan
09-19-2010, 06:37 PM
great to see Kubes beat his mentor he looked very satisfied

The greatest irony is that he beat him using the timeout trick that Shanahan started when he beat the Raiders a few years back.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
yah kubes i always root for former broncos at times<-- does this post i made alright some peole are offended by muh sense of humor and my grammar i shure dont want ne of those people being upset now . i wannabe more popular than tebow lol. flame away at me kids

baja
09-19-2010, 06:48 PM
The greatest irony is that he beat him using the timeout trick that Shanahan started when he beat the Raiders a few years back.

LOL I didn't see that part. Poetic

ChSuperStar
09-19-2010, 07:33 PM
How the hell did this team look so bad last week.. Yes i am talking about INDY.

Our O-line should be ready.
We got to bring a better YPC on our running game.
Keep there O away and have 2:1 adv with time of poss.
We better get some heat on the QB.

Kaylore
09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Well we might not get destroyed as utterly. Manning took out his frustrations on his brother. I'm still expecting us to be destroyed, but playing the Colts in September = loss. Best September team in the NFL and they lost their one game they lose this month every five years, so yeah. We're probably going to lose and lose by at least 20. I just hope the young guys get better.

ColoradoDarin
09-20-2010, 04:35 AM
I hope they Colts are looking past us, don't worry Peyton, we won't put up a fight, you can easily count this as a W and not even have to show up.

Naggle Nole
09-20-2010, 05:30 AM
I hope they Colts are looking past us, don't worry Peyton, we won't put up a fight, you can easily count this as a W and not even have to show up.

I would love to believe that, but the only time they seem to look past anyone is when they have their division and home field locked up

v2micca
09-20-2010, 05:55 AM
I would love to believe that, but the only time they seem to look past anyone is when they have their division and home field locked up

No kidding. I swear Peyton always looks at that Broncos game on the schedule and starts licking his chops. Unless we magically find a pass rush between now and next Sunday, I worry about Peyton coming to town.

Pony Boy
09-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Yes we look great on offense but to be a dominate team in the NFL you need a solid running game and must be able to put pressure on the QB.......oh unless you're the Colt's and all you need is Peyton Manning

Mountain Bronco
09-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Mathis and Freeney were great today, that worries me. The injuries on D also worry me when you are trying to slow down this team.

55CrushEm
09-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Well we might not get destroyed as utterly. Manning took out his frustrations on his brother. I'm still expecting us to be destroyed, but playing the Colts in September = loss. Best September team in the NFL and they lost their one game they lose this month every five years, so yeah. We're probably going to lose and lose by at least 20. I just hope the young guys get better.

Hate to say it, but I agree. We lose this game big.

No Dumervil + potentially no Champ + potentially no Goodman = No pass rush + 2 rookies at CB = Peyton has historic day.

OABB
09-20-2010, 09:35 AM
We lose by 70.

MileHighMagic
09-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Colts opened at -5

Naggle Nole
09-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Colts opened at -5

If Vegas thinks the same way as half of this board, that will be -20 by the middle of the week

broncosteven
09-20-2010, 09:49 AM
If Vegas thinks the same way as half of this board, that will be -20 by the middle of the week

Last year I thought we had a chance to at least cover. The team came out flat and it was 0-21 before we got our 2nd 1st down, or was it our 1st?

This year I don't see how our D can take anything away from the Colts O enough to keep our slow starting O in the game.

We need Floyd Little Mojo this week to have any shot of winning this game or even covering.

Naggle Nole
09-20-2010, 10:03 AM
As I mentioned in a previous post, there are FAR more ways for us to lose this game than to win it
If we come out flat, we will get embarrassed
If we turn the ball over, we will get embarrassed
If the D plays like it did Sunday, we will probably lose

That being said, I don't want to concede this game
Every acts like the Colts can't lose until they do
Did anyone see 231 from Arian Foster?

It isn't probable that we will win, but that doesn't mean it can't happen
The Colts are an elite team, but this isn't the talent difference between a Pro Bowl roster and an expansion team
Their defense is better, but not extraordinarily so
We couldn't dream to have a pass rush like Mathis and Freeney provide, but they can't approach our play in the secondary

I will be HUGELY disappointed if we don't see something exotic and creative out of our defense
You can make jokes about the 4 DE's thing that Shanny tried, but it did at least get in Manning's head
The problem was that it couldn't be sustained for 4 quarters
I almost think that Manning is so good at diagnosis that you can't run the same D against him both halves

Our O can at least stay in the building with theirs
We absolutely MUST win the ST battle
So that leaves the D, and since everyone is expecting us to get 40+ dropped on us, that almost works to Martindale's favor
He has free reign to show the full extent of what he wants to do
He can go Rex Ryan crazy if he wants to, because he knows we can't play them straight up
This game can't really be used as an indictment against him, but he will either show himself to be average or the "It" guy by how he plays this one

ColoradoDarin
09-20-2010, 10:11 AM

I know, I'm just wishful thinking here. Oh well, Indy Peytons by 437.

broncocalijohn
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Colts opened at -5

that is it? Much or too much respect for our Broncos. If Broncos cover, moral victory but this is going to be one tough game to get the win. We are at home and can be done. Even with the big win, we almost have to play mistake free ball and learn to get to the opposing QB.

Like Steven stated, check out the tailgate thread to meet up with other fans.

Br0nc0Buster
09-20-2010, 10:34 AM
our passing offense has to show up like it did yesterday
we need to blitz a lot as well, they are going to score, so no point playing bend but dont break
but maybe if we get pressure on Manning we can get a turnover or two

azbroncfan
09-20-2010, 11:19 AM
On to yearly beat down by Manning and the Colts. They are the type of team that Denver matches horribly up with.

mr007
09-20-2010, 11:30 AM
You can make jokes about the 4 DE's thing that Shanny tried, but it did at least get in Manning's head

Dude we got annihilated that game, the only thing that was in Manning's head that game was "f*cking retards."

BlaK-Argentina
09-20-2010, 11:58 AM
our passing offense has to show up like it did yesterday
we need to blitz a lot as well, they are going to score, so no point playing bend but dont break
but maybe if we get pressure on Manning we can get a turnover or two

I agree. No sitting back. Man up on the outside and blitz! We will give up a lot of plays but at least it gives us a chance to make our own plays. If we don't blitz we will get NO pressure. NONE. And Manning will control the game and score on every drive.

If they are going to score, take your risks and make them hit the big play. At least it'll give our offense a chance.

Boobs McGee
09-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Aren't we going to have kupe and Harris back Sunday? It's shootout time fellas....upset of the century comin in about six days.

I'll take cox over roc Alexander any day of the week.

GO BRONCOS!

Archer81
09-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Aren't we going to have kupe and Harris back Sunday? It's shootout time fellas....upset of the century comin in about six days.

I'll take cox over roc Alexander any day of the week.

GO BRONCOS!

I too once believed the Broncos could beat the Colts in a shootout...was I ever so wrong.

To win, Denver must do three things.

1. Keep the ball on offense. I do not care if we gouge Indi for huge chunks of yards for scores, but that would be counter productive, IMO. Do to Indi what we did to Sea. Be hyper efficient, make no mistakes, score 7 in the RZ.

2. Defense needs to make at least 1 stop per quarter. Pressure would be good. We do not need to sack Manning, but make the fool move out of the pocket. At least give our DB's a chance at the ball.

3. The crowd needs to be into the game from start to finish. Make it noisy. Good things might just happen.

:Broncos:

go_broncos
09-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Difficult game..I am worried how our defense can cover Dallas Clark.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-20-2010, 12:18 PM
On a breakaway TD, kneel down at the 1 to keep the clock running. Then take all 4 downs (it usually takes that many anyway) to score from that short distance. THAT's how you kill some clock, baby.

Kaylore
09-20-2010, 12:19 PM
On to yearly beat down by Manning and the Colts. They are the type of team that Denver matches horribly up with.

This. Our run game is a work in progress. No pass rush and a banged up secondary. We are going to die. Just make the best of it and move one.

TheReverend
09-20-2010, 12:23 PM
This thread reads a lot like last years New England week thread. Just sayin.

Granted, Manning is damn near perfect, but if we're a well prepared football team this week, with a strip here and a tipped ball there, we could absolutely capitalize on it.

crowebomber
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
This. Our run game is a work in progress. No pass rush and a banged up secondary. We are going to die. Just make the best of it and move one.

I can already hear the commentators talking about Manning being 17 for 17 at the half for 3 scores. Almost need some early turnover luck like Sunday to even the playing field and give us some momentum.

Kaylore
09-20-2010, 12:27 PM

Granted, Manning is damn near perfect, but if we're a well prepared football team this week, with a strip here and a tipped ball there, we could absolutely capitalize on it.

We own New England. Manning owns us.

Rohirrim
09-20-2010, 12:28 PM
The Broncos can beat Indy. Not likely, but it's possible. Just accomplish two things: Control TOP (at least two to one) and win the field position battle (make PM face at minimum 80 yards every time the Colts get the ball). Do that, plus get a TO or two, and it can be done.

Archer81
09-20-2010, 12:29 PM
We own New England. Manning owns us.

Well...

Things could always change. We barely lost to Indi last year, at their place. Crazier things have happened then the Denver Broncos beating a massive favorite in Indi coming into Denver. Colts being 1-2 would be nice...and think of the quiet if Denver wins. No trolls.

:Broncos:

phibacka31
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
This game is an uphill climb for sure, but if our Offense can roll like yesterday we will have a shot! Like others said, the crowd has to be in it from the start of the pre game!!!:afro:

outdoor_miner
09-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I can already hear the commentators talking about Manning being 17 for 17 at the half for 3 scores. Almost need some early turnover luck like Sunday to even the playing field and give us some momentum.

Oh God... I can hear it too. Dallas Clark is going to murder the middle of our D. I just don't see how we can stop them.

Our only hope is that our offense can control the game... I'm not counting on it, but I'll talk myself into it by the end of the week. :afro:

Rohirrim
09-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Pray for snow.

Harvitz81
09-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Blitzing manning is about the last thing you want to do. He will eat us alive. You have to get pressure from just a 3 or 4 man front. Manning does tend to struggle a bit more with the 3-4 as he doesn't know where that fourth man is coming from. If we rush more than 4 Manning will find the open guy and eat us alive.

Our best best is to line Ayers over their rookie LT and hope he has a career day.

orinjkrush
09-20-2010, 01:11 PM
i just hope we don't have any significant injuries.
maybe we should play our quinns the mighty eskimos.

OABB
09-20-2010, 01:37 PM
I think we should just close dia so thy can't make it and they have to forfeit. It's our only chance. Otherwise it's 79 to 6 Indy.

Go broncos.

Houshyamama
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
What a bunch of queers.

Broncos by 13.

Tombstone RJ
09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Broncos need to play mistake free football, convert on third downs to sustain drives and score TDs in the redzone. If McD can force the power running game down Indy's throat and not turn the ball over, the Broncos may have a chance.

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2010, 01:56 PM
We can beat anyone if the defense can get off the field on 3rd down and the offense stops getting penalties in or near the "red area".

TheReverend
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
We can beat anyone if the defense can get off the field on 3rd down and the offense stops getting penalties in or near the "red area".

lol

Did you also know that we can beat anyone if we outscore them by the time the fourth quarter ends?

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
lol

Did you also know that we can beat anyone if we outscore them by the time the fourth quarter ends?

Luckily we have the Orton. :P

TheReverend
09-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Luckily we have the Orton. :P

Haha well done.

ChSuperStar
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Pray for snow.

Remember that game in snow few years back, If i am not wrong i guess it is 2003. That idiot kicker kicked a 50+ FG to tie at end of regulation and they got the ball and he kicked another 50+ in OT

Oh well.. all i can pray for is a nice hit to PM in the first drive and he being out for rest of the game.

baja
09-20-2010, 03:11 PM
any word on Goodman's injury

UberBroncoMan
09-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Kind of like the two interceptions against Indy last year? (Doom was playing too). Not that it did any good.

Our big advantage will be not playing at their place. I can't remember the last time we won there.

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Kind of like the two interceptions against Indy last year? (Doom was playing too). Not that it did any good.

Our big advantage will be not playing at their place. I can't remember the last time we won there.

2003/04 to get the playoffs to play Indy in the playoffs. Q's last stand.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-20-2010, 03:21 PM
any word on Goodman's injury

As much as they lock down the information on injuries, I bet they're even more secretive this week, especially with Champ, Goodman, Harris and Kuper.

OABB
09-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I have bought three jars of vaseline for this sunday. I want the damage done by the colts to be minimal. I'm also doing a lot of anal stretches and applying olive oil regularly. I suggest you all do the same.

The MVPlaya
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I have bought three jars of vaseline for this sunday. I want the damage done by the colts to be minimal. I'm also doing a lot of anal stretches and applying olive oil regularly. I suggest you all do the same.

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="660" height="525" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YersIyzsOpc" frameborder="0"></iframe>

1:09-1:10

baja
09-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I have bought three jars of vaseline for this sunday. I want the damage done by the colts to be minimal. <b> I'm also doing a lot of anal stretches </b>and applying olive oil regularly. I suggest you all do the same.

Do you use tongs for that???

OABB
09-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Do you use tongs for that???

my index and middle fingers right now- in a crescent moon shape.

baja
09-20-2010, 04:57 PM
my index and middle fingers right now- in a crescent moon shape.

Here get one of these;

http://www.eishatradingco.com/InstAndGeneral/MainImages/mic/ob/cusco.gif

WABronco
09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Man I'm excited about our young defensive talent, and am eager to see how they perform against the Mannings. Remember when we had young guns Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder as our secret weapons, walking around the line and standing up in random places and ****? Boy we got to Peyton then, hopefully we can do the same now.

Que
09-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Peyton is going to toss 4 TD's in his first two drives.

Webster's Dictionary will include a reference to this game under the word "slaughter"

The Invesco field crew is already testing whether they can handle a three digit score on the "visitors" side of the scoreboard

colonelbeef
09-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Schedule will either look challenging or crushing after this week.

Freeney is going to make Orton work for his paycheck, hopefully the OL pass pro is for real

bronco militia
09-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Peyton Manning could make the HOF with just his past Broncos games

Boobs McGee
09-20-2010, 08:18 PM
http://orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3618&dateline=1126453364

followed by

http://orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=4362&dateline=1253310064

made me

http://theuglynewyorker.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/lol_cat-12926.jpg

Tim
09-20-2010, 08:19 PM
I like the way we match up with the colts this year if champ and goody play.

I have faith in the home team, I don't think josh will rush 3 and drop 8 like the NYGs

azbroncfan
09-21-2010, 07:02 AM
I like the way we match up with the colts this year if champ and goody play.

I have faith in the home team, I don't think josh will rush 3 and drop 8 like the NYGs

Is it the lack of pass rush against Manning you like or the poor running game by Denver that you like? Seriously the Colts are probably the worst matchup for this Denver Bronco team. Take the beating and move on. Game won't be much different that other Colt/Bronco games of past few years.

azbroncfan
09-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Man I'm excited about our young defensive talent, and am eager to see how they perform against the Mannings. Remember when we had young guns Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder as our secret weapons, walking around the line and standing up in random places and ****? Boy we got to Peyton then, hopefully we can do the same now.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270930011

This game where Colts ran all over us and Denver got as many sacks on Manning as they usually do a big fat 0? Only reason that game was even close was Denver ran the ball well on Colts early on but couldn't after Colts made adjustments. The gimmick D that Denver tried worked for a couple series and was just that a couple of gimmicks that were easily exposed.

oubronco
09-21-2010, 07:22 AM

This thread went seriously wrong Yikes! :holyguac!

broncocalijohn
09-21-2010, 09:56 AM
2003/04 to get the playoffs to play Indy in the playoffs. Q's last stand.

that was a throwaway game. The snow game was a great battle and came down to that 50 plus yard field goal.

Rock Chalk
09-21-2010, 10:06 AM
that was a throwaway game. The snow game was a great battle and came down to that 50 plus yard field goal.

That wasn't a throw away game. Indy had a chance to improve their playoff standing and get a bye. We nixed that idea.

Al Wilson was the most remarkable player in that game. He out Peyton'ed Peyton and switched the defensive play calls up based on what Peyton was doing which confused the hell out of Manning.

We kicked their teeth in the astroturf that game but we put it all on the line and as a result Manning had plenty of film.

IIRC Coyer didn't change the defensive strategy at all so Manning, with plenty of film on it, ate us apart in the playoff rematch 2 weeks later.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 12:05 PM
<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="660" height="525" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YersIyzsOpc" frameborder="0"></iframe>

1:09-1:10

this looks like a scene from the exorcist, the talking in tongues rolling convulsing on the floor lmfaoHilarious!