PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts about the 'Hawks game

Kaylore
09-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Our first round picks with the exception of Tebow, who didn't play, are all playing well.
Major props to the offensive line. While they showed their colors as backups (batiste, Hochstein) they overall gave Orton lots of time. Well done by all.
I still think our ST sucks. I think Priefer is a good coach of kickers and punters, but for coverage he doesn't know what he's doing. Major props to Prater for neutralizing their kickoffs.
So grateful we got rid of Smith and kept a guy like Cassius Vaugn. Props to the staff for letting him play some corner in the fourth quarter, too.
Richard Quinn sucks at blocking. He better get his act together.
Obligatory Dawkins is slow comment. He looked Slow running stride for stride on that interception. He was also slow in the Rockies game tonight pinch hitting.
Loved Demarius and Royal's productivity. I love how McDaniels didn't put Bey-Bey in until the second quarter. Smart way to get our butterflies down.
Thank you Hasslebeck for throwing at Champ Bailey so much. We all appreciate it.
Our run defense looks bad. I feel like this game would have been much closer if the Seahawks didn't do to themselves what we did to ourselves last week.
Overall good team performance.

NYBronco
09-19-2010, 04:40 PM
It was a good butt kicking that has been long over due. Our offense was unstoppable today.

Goobzilla
09-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Richard Quinn sucks at everything. What good is a blocking TE that can't block?

snowspot66
09-19-2010, 04:41 PM
I think our defense when all is said and done will be middle of the pack. Good at defending the pass but a bit sub par on the run. Just need some more talent.

fontaine
09-19-2010, 04:43 PM
I agree with most of that.

-I'll add that our OL was pretty shabby in run blocking. We ran zone, we ran straight up man but our backs still had no running lanes and tacklers in the backfield.

-We need Kuper/Harris back in a really bad way but the pass blocking was much improved.

-Moreno had a couple of really slick moves where he sidestepped a couple of blockers and took off. That big catch and run was all on him.

-Coverage and return units on ST look lost.

Rock Chalk
09-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Our offense played well. Im sure Rev will bust on Orton for something though.
Our run offense leaves a great deal to be desired.
We are not as good as that score indicated and the team overall didn't perform as well as the score indicated.
The defense is going to get murdered by potent offenses. Murdered. Seattle had a lot of long drives and if not for them shooting themselves in the foot, this game would have been a shootout.
Besides the int, Cox played well in coverage today. His decision to come out from 8 yards deep on a kickoff was poor however.
Our run defense is atrocious.
Our 3rd down defense has not improved.
Our 3rd down offense was out effing standing today.
Thomas looks awesome.

bronco militia
09-19-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm worried about the defense period.....

barryr
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Typically an o-line missing starters and/or playing rookies has more problems in the running game than pass protection.

Broncos may need to go with 3 WR sets most of the time and just be a pass to set up the run type team instead of the other way around.

UberBroncoMan
09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
We are not as good as that score indicated and the team overall didn't perform as well as the score indicated.
The defense is going to get murdered by potent offenses. Murdered. Seattle had a lot of long drives and if not for them shooting themselves in the foot, this game would have been a shootout.
Besides the int, Cox played well in coverage today. His decision to come out from 8 yards deep on a kickoff was poor however.
Thomas looks awesome.

Add our run offense to that as well.

Kaylore
09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
I agree that the run offense wasn't great but again, we're playing into our third string linemen today. Once Harris and Kuper get back and Clady gets healthier (he played longer today and is getting better, especially against the run) we'll do much better.

And I agree the score wasn't indicative of the potency of either team. The Seahawks could have won this game if they weren't doing stupid stuff at the worst times, but I don't think they slaughter us the way some think they were going to.

Traffic is always way down on the Mane after wins. It's nice.

cutthemdown
09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Surprised you didn't mention how poor our running game is. Moreno has no flash to his gas. Boring!!!!!!!

baja
09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Agree with the OP

I'll add KM played with a lot of heart but still looks somewhat out of sync with his blocking when there was blocking that is.

snowspot66
09-19-2010, 04:49 PM

It's not a good defense. But it's not a disaster. Just a lack of talent. If the offense continues to improve and stay efficient I still think we can make a push for the Wild Card. But we just lack the defensive talent to be anything above average on that side.

Garcia Bronco
Orton had nerves at the start of each half but he pulled it together. He's a top ten QB.

cutthemdown
I'm not sure its all on the oline with Moreno. Seems like he just doesn't make people miss. He doesn't have what I like to call wiggle. All the good ones have it.

He just sort of plods along hoping for a huge hole to run through.

Kaylore
09-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Surprised you didn't mention how poor our running game is. Moreno has no flash to his gas. Boring!!!!!!!

Moreno played excellent in all phases. This one of the stupidest takes you've ever had. He didn't have anywhere to run, but still was responsible for 100 yards of offense and a touchdown.

theAPAOps5

Man he gets just absolutely winded after every run but he isn't bad. Maybe the hammy is to blame some and the aggressive rehab. He doesn't have that next gear right now. But he improved from last week and that is what you want to see.

snowspot66
I'm not sure its all on the oline with Moreno. Seems like he just doesn't make people miss. He doesn't have what I like to call wiggle. All the good ones have it.

I don't necessarily disagree but I think that results in a lack of big run plays. We aren't seeing holes big enough for a consistent 5 or 6 yards even and that I think is on the line.

RunSilentRunDeep
-- At first look, Beadles was much improved in pass blocking

-- Run blocking was a disaster for the most part

-- Once the O-line is a full strength, they'll be able to score on anyone

-- Love Dawkins, but I'm guessing this will be his last year with the team.

-- Defense didn't look good. Not sure they're getting their money's worth out of Williams and Bannan. Hasselbeck was extremely generous. Peyton Manning won't be as kind.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/8/3/955e6800-81d0-4a58-8cff-49f978df7eba.jpg

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 04:53 PM
-- At first look, Beadles was much improved in pass blocking

-- Run blocking was a disaster for the most part

-- Once the O-line is a full strength, they'll be able to score on anyone

-- Love Dawkins, but I'm guessing this will be his last year with the team.

-- Defense didn't look good. Not sure they're getting their money's worth out of Williams and Bannan. Hasselbeck was extremely generous. Peyton Manning won't be as kind.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/8/3/955e6800-81d0-4a58-8cff-49f978df7eba.jpg

Why? He was all over the field.

enjolras
09-19-2010, 04:55 PM
It sure looked like Seattles game plan was to stack the box and force the Broncos to beat them through the air. I'm assuming they thought our protection wouldn't hold up. It made it really tough sledding for the run game. I can't think of many plays were I saw any room to run at all.

Moreno certainly made people miss on the big screen play.

gyldenlove
09-19-2010, 04:56 PM
We really need work on the ground, our rush offense is bad, plain and simple, you can tell there is hope, but too often we are not opening lanes and setting up the run well. The rush defense is almost as bad, they do get some good stuffs every so often, but then they completely break down and nullify everything by allowing a long gain that could easily have been stopped.

I would not be unhappy to see Richard Quinn get a ticket out of town, he can't catch the ball and he is frankly lacking as a blocker, right now I don't see any justification for having him on the field in any situation.

The pass rush is still very bad, nobody consistently threatens even on obvious passing downs.

Major props to the pass offense, protection was good and execution was excellent.

Prater right now is the only bright spot on special teams, with an average kicker we would get owned in a big way.

theAPAOps5
I will just add this here but Gary Miller on Channel 4 just said Champ is limping badly and Ayers is hurting.

Don't want to be a downer just wanted to share.

broncofan2438
Orton looked great
Moreno I just dont think he can hack it in the NFL if he keep dancing
KC might be a team to keep our eye on....oh sorry had to add that
Bey-Bey looks to be a nice big WR that can CATCH and get open
Other than our INT's on D, wow does our D need help. We cant stop anyone
Buckhauler needs to retire
Is our D-Line any better??
O-line did ok not getting Orton dirty
Cox should be something special in years to come
That thin air sure helps us

RunSilentRunDeep
09-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Why? He was all over the field.

I just have a feeling he's wearing down and by the end of the season will be too much of a liability in pass coverage. I thought he faded at the end of last season. Hope I'm wrong.

fontaine
Moreno had no room to run. He single handedly managed to gain positive yards on a few plays when he had defenders in the backfield.

Also McDaniels deserves credit for the up tempo offense. In the 2nd/3rd quarter the offense broke quickly from the huddle and reeled off plays very quickly which meant the Seahawks DL was gassed and pretty worn out in the 4th quarter.

Br0nc0Buster
how do we keep losing contain on ST? seriously its beyond stupid at this point

Run blocking is atrocious, but with our passing game it isnt going to cause our offense to fall apart, hopefully the return of Harris and Kuper will shoot some life into our run game

still wish we would blitz more on defense, our run defense and pass rush is nothing special, Hasselbeck did not play all that well today

I am worried about what Peyton is going to do to our defense next week

overall I think we are still a better team than last near, but holes on the oline and front seven right now will prolly prevent us from hanging with the big boys

but it was a good win, good to see Thomas get involved, he is a mismatch

chex
09-19-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure its all on the oline with Moreno.

I agree. It's more like the opposing team's defensive line that short circuits Moreno. How many times was he faced with defenders before he hit the LOS today?

Hercules Rockefeller
09-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Seattle completely sold out to stop the run. Don't know if you could tell on TV, but there were multiple times that if KM got through the 1st level there was no one left to stop him. Sometimes the blocking wasn't great, but also quite often there were more defenders than there were blockers.

BroncosSR
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Love bey bey... Hopefully in the future we'll be saying.. Marshall who??

Rock Chalk
Seattle completely sold out to stop the run. Don't know if you could tell on TV, but there were multiple times that if KM got through the 1st level there was no one left to stop him. Sometimes the blocking wasn't great, but also quite often there were more defenders than there were blockers.

It did appear they stacked the box but Im wondering what the hell Seattle was thinking trying to stop an anemic run game when Orton in the first game showed that the passing attack from Denver is the real threat.

TheChamp24
And here I was thinking it would be all pure praise. Surprised to hear people talk down on the defense and run game.
The defense does worry me, I mean Seattle could've easily scored a touchdown without being stupid on the 1st drive, gone up 7-0 and it would've been a completely different ball game. Hasselbeck was horrible in the game and is at best an average QB now when a few years ago, he was in the consideration for top 10 at least.

go_broncos
09-19-2010, 05:19 PM
We played well.My main concern is running game.
Since Mcd became our coach, We didnt run that well.
Indy will destroy us if we don't run the ball well.

Rock Chalk
09-19-2010, 05:20 PM
We played well.My main concern is running game.
Since Mcd became our coach, We didnt run that well.
Indy will destroy us if we don't run the ball well.

Earth to retard.

Indy is going to destroy this defense anyway. Running the ball wont make a bit of difference.

go_broncos
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Earth to retard.

Indy is going to destroy this defense anyway. Running the ball wont make a bit of difference.

it will make..you just can't keep passing the game.
We need to adopt Houston style(run the ball)

misturanderson
09-19-2010, 05:26 PM
it will make..you just can't keep passing the game.
We need to adopt Houston style(run the ball)

You mean like Indy and New Orleans did last year?

v2micca
09-19-2010, 05:29 PM
I still worry about our Defense. Early on, it looked like Seattle was stopping themselves far more than we were. Those offensive penalties led directly in the the Champ pick. We still have no pass rush.

Seems like it wouldn't be a game without our Special Teams unit losing containment at least once or twice. Thankfully, Prater took the ball out of there hands on most of his kick-offs.

This offense reminds me a lot of the 2003 Patriots team. No overly flashy players or Marquee names (at least not at the time) But they just consistently and efficiently moved the ball and scored points. Any time your offense is 70% on 3rd down conversions, you are doing something right. Loved the emergence of Thomas as a threat. He's going to start getting a lot more looks now, which should continue to open things up for Royal, Gaffney, and Lloyd.

So, loved our offense, kind of worried about our Defense, really disliking our Special teams. I still think this team is one year away from being a serious contender, but it should be a fun season to follow at least.

gunns
09-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Thomas looks awesome.

I agree with this. I also agree with this

I think our OL looked much better giving Orton a lot of time to throw at times.

cutthemdown
09-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I pretty much figured the olines blocking would be poor. They are young inside and all the veteran olineman are banged up or not playing at all.

But putting that aside Moreno seems like a grinder to me. I'm not saying he's not a decent football player just his ypc and big plays sort of pitiful. Special running back will find some room even with bad blocking. Moreno just sort of average.

Drek
09-19-2010, 05:37 PM
I think our OL looked much better giving Orton a lot of time to throw at times.

In pass pro they were much better. But in setting up the running game? Very bad.

I'd attribute a lot of that to Seattle having a good front seven for run contain. Tatupu, Curry, and Hawthorne are REALLY good and Carroll is using a big DL on regular downs to let them move free. No easy match ups there and Moreno was meeting his first defender at or behind the LOS regularly.

The OL will get better as we get healthy and develop chemistry though. If we had Harris and Kuper today I bet we look a whole lot better, and Clady is a week to week improvement as his conditioning improves.

ChSuperStar
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
We need a change of speed back for sure.. Moreno is getting winded after every run.
Our D sucks..we need some help for sure.
Both the former eagles Buck and Brain are done after this year.
We need to find a good ST Teams coach.

boppool
09-19-2010, 05:40 PM
I will just add this here but Gary Miller on Channel 4 just said Champ is limping badly and Ayers is hurting.

Don't want to be a downer just wanted to share.

I think Ayers will be fine, he came back into the game after Moss went down (while sneezing).

Coaching staff wouldn't have taken that chance had his injury been bad.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Our punt coverage was atrocious, but im not sure how much is coaching. Twice there were tacklers right in front of Tate and they just whiffed.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2010, 05:45 PM
I hope the excuse of our O line isnt at what is expected based on injuries but goalline stances are not up to par. Either bring in Tebow so we can have the defense second guessing themselves if it is a QB run, a pass or handoff. Has anyone mentioned Hillis would have scored on those runs?

Broncos_OTM
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM
I just have a feeling he's wearing down and by the end of the season will be too much of a liability in pass coverage. I thought he faded at the end of last season. Hope I'm wrong.

I aggree. He is only a average back for a pick that high he should be more of a play maker.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Earth to retard.

If we were successful at running the ball, less points Manning is going to put on us. Tough three games coming but the running isnt going to eat the clock up and keep the Colts off the field. Moreno had some good runs (mainly from passes), but he averaged 2 yards a carry.

baja
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM
if we go 2 and 2 the next 4 weeks we'll be in good shape

Beantown Bronco
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how the refs missed that blatant block in the back on that big punt return late. The guy jumped friggin 20 feet in the air and landed on the guy's back right in front of the ref......tough to miss, yet he managed to.

NASurfer
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
If we were successful at running the ball, less points Manning is going to put on us. Tough three games coming but the running isnt going to eat the clock up and keep the Colts off the field. Moreno had some good runs (mainly from passes), but he averaged 2 yards a carry.
The modern day Pats use the short pass like it's a running game. Just keep converting 3rd downs is what I'm concerned about. Yeah, I'd obviously like to run it but just keep sustaining drives and hopefully special teams doesn't keep giving the other side short fields...

OABB
09-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Knowshon is bad. Hillis is great. Okay, thanks mane for the awesome football insight!

****ing morons. Knowshon is a very very very good back dip****s. You saw on the screen play what he can do if he's allowed to set his feet without getting hit. Do you people watch football?

And he's winded because he was injured all camp and isn't in game shape.

God people are idiots.

TheReverend
09-19-2010, 06:01 PM
- Cox has one of the laziest read steps I've ever seen, but he does it with this sweet little swagger. Must be intimidating for opposing WRs (serious). Also, liked him ballsing up and running the ball out even though he only returned it to the 5. I'll take the guys aiming for the fences over the gunshy taking a knee all day.
- Orton played great. Also, my favorite pass of his early was an inaccurate deep ball to Gaffney. Why is that my favorite? Because he gunned it WAY down field and I guarantee you that made the DBs nervous. Help open up underneath for the rest of the game and he took advantage of it all day.
- Knowshon looked fantastic
- The coaching staff gave Beadles some assistance this week. Fantastic correction.
- Still unsure about the defense in general.

McDman
09-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Bey Bey looked great.

Did we ever get close to Hasselbeck? Manning is going to eat us alive.

oubronco
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM

Me too, I thought Wink was supposed to bring the heat, I haven't seen shyt and the run D seems to be a problem again this year so far. The biggest problem I see is 3rd down D we just can't never seem to get off the field when we need to and it's been going on for far too long

WolfpackGuy
09-19-2010, 06:06 PM
The offense played pretty well.

Orton still needs to work on hitting people in stride.

I don't know what's up with the defense.

Not much pressure and they have problems bringing running backs down after initial contact.

broncosteven
09-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Moreno had no room to run. He single handedly managed to gain positive yards on a few plays when he had defenders in the backfield.

Also McDaniels deserves credit for the up tempo offense. In the 2nd/3rd quarter the offense broke quickly from the huddle and reeled off plays very quickly which meant the Seahawks DL was gassed and pretty worn out in the 4th quarter.

I didn't like mCd's playcalling in the 1st half but your right they were much more crisp in the 2nd and they did take advantage of the heat on the Seattle DL.

I thought there were a couple plays where Daniels had pulled well and got to the second level after opening a nice hole and Knowgain was held to a 2 yard gain. He did have one nice 10 yard run and was good in space on that long pass off the missed/broken tackle.

Thomas is very exciting, Gene Kranz Exciting.

Rock Chalk
09-19-2010, 06:11 PM

I'd agree with you except Manning has won games against teams who had a lopsided time of possession against them.

Remember when they beat Miami and the Colts only had the ball 16 minutes the whole game?

Manning will pick our defense apart because we have 0 pass rush right now. The only way to beat the colts is to generate a pass rush with 4 guys and play tight man coverage to throw off timing routes.

We can't do any of that.

WolfpackGuy
09-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I'd agree with you except Manning has won games against teams who had a lopsided time of possession against them.

Remember when they beat Miami and the Colts only had the ball 16 minutes the whole game?

Manning will pick our defense apart because we have 0 pass rush right now. The only way to beat the colts is to generate a pass rush with 4 guys and play tight man coverage to throw off timing routes.

We can't do any of that.

Agreed, the key to knocking Manning off his game is to make him dance.

fdf
09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
We really need work on the ground, our rush offense is bad, plain and simple, you can tell there is hope, but too often we are not opening lanes and setting up the run well.

Then why were the play action passes working like a charm all day? I think Seattle decided to stop the run and make us beat them thru the air, which Orton did.

Domostick
09-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Agreed, the key to knocking Manning off his game is to make him dance.

The key to beating Manning is to generate passrush up the MIDDLE from your DT's while playing tight man coverage. All things have to be in sync or he will just throw the ball quickly even if you get pressure. I don't think we can do any of that.

baja
09-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Thoughts looking forward;

KM is going to have a break out game next week, he is on the edge of putting it all together the O line should be healthy.

we better find a pass rush / just a crying shame Doom went down

if we win 2 out of the next 4 we'll be in good shape

Royal will be clutch next week

LoMo will play some and surprise us with a great game.

buck is done, sadly

cox will run one back or at least have a great return

gyldenlove
09-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Then why were the play action passes working like a charm all day? I think Seattle decided to stop the run and make us beat them thru the air, which Orton did.

Because the Seattle defensive line is even worse than ours and because Orton is better than a lot of people give him credit for. Sure Seattle played the run, but the pass protection was solid all day.

ShutDownPoster
09-19-2010, 06:41 PM
I didnt see the game - boxscore says Moss had a sack?

KipCorrington25
09-19-2010, 06:53 PM

He had one, yeah. :twokisses

Cito Pelon
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Me too, I thought Wink was supposed to bring the heat, I haven't seen shyt and the run D seems to be a problem again this year so far. The biggest problem I see is 3rd down D we just can't never seem to get off the field when we need to and it's been going on for far too long

The D has only forced about 3 punts in the first two games, I think. Maybe 4.

Not exactly dominating.

The ST coverage units are a little shaky also.

Ah well, just have to hope for improvement.

The O looks good, considering the OL is a work in progress. That Bey Bey is a very helpful guy to the passing O.

oubronco
09-19-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm as optomistic as anyone but I don't see our D beating Manning

cutthemdown
09-19-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm as optomistic as anyone but I don't see our D beating Manning

I'm not optimistic at all. If Broncos want to upset them they will need to score 30 points at least. Manning will carve this defense. He pretty much does any defense but seems to play especially well vs the broncos.

Indy's defense can be had with Sanders out though you never know.

Br0nc0Buster
09-19-2010, 07:07 PM

yea, I think him and Ayers both got there at the same time

Steve Sewell
09-19-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm not optimistic at all. If Broncos want to upset them they will need to score 30 points at least. Manning will carve this defense. He pretty much does any defense but seems to play especially well vs the broncos.

Indy's defense can be had with Sanders out though you never know.

I think the Indy game is going to be a shoot out. Just as I think we'll have trouble stopping them, I don't see them stopping us either. Whoever turns the ball over more will lose the game.

baja
09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
We need a change of speed back for sure.. Moreno is getting winded after every run.
Our D sucks..we need some help for sure.
Both the former eagles Buck and Brain are done after this year.
<b>We need to find a good ST Teams coach.

I'm beginning to think this too. We got our best (only) pass rusher plying ST and still we can't find someone to hold contain on the right side. All the big runs seen to be up that side.

Gcver2ver3
09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
i have more of the same already stated stuff as my observations...

pass offense looked good...

run offense looked bad...

run defense looked bad...

3rd down defense looked bad...

we have major issues on defense...it was just masked by seattle's TOs and Denver's TOP...

McDman
09-19-2010, 07:31 PM
- Cox has one of the laziest read steps I've ever seen, but he does it with this sweet little swagger. Must be intimidating for opposing WRs (serious). Also, liked him ballsing up and running the ball out even though he only returned it to the 5. I'll take the guys aiming for the fences over the gunshy taking a knee all day.
- Orton played great. Also, my favorite pass of his early was an inaccurate deep ball to Gaffney. Why is that my favorite? Because he gunned it WAY down field and I guarantee you that made the DBs nervous. Help open up underneath for the rest of the game and he took advantage of it all day.
- Knowshon looked fantastic
- The coaching staff gave Beadles some assistance this week. Fantastic correction.
- Still unsure about the defense in general.

I'd prefer the corner just go down. Nothing good can happen from trying to return it, we don't need another td there.

mwill07
09-19-2010, 07:38 PM
neglecting the unsportsmanship personal foul by Cox after the pick, we had 2 penalties for 20 yards.

We had zero turnovers.

Not quite mistake-free football, but much better than last week.

orange skier
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
-I saw a lot of improvement over where we were last week. We need to continue to progress and come together. The passing game is close, or probably there right now. The d has problems all over, but is improving. Time to put out a red alert on Bannon. The guy got pancaked at least twice, and generally is not a factor on the line. We're very lucky that Hasselbach missed all of the open recievers that he did. The 'hawks had guys wide open on the first two drives.

-Continue to question the "power run game". Can't really understand where the power is supposed to be coming from. The traps and pulls seem to work when we have misdirection, but when we just try to power up the gut, we don't have the people to pull it off. I get that New England's offense is "one dimensional", but I think our future is is misdirection, or back to zone blocking. These guys aren't there just yet.

-Special Teams are disappointing. not sure why just yet. Is it because they have so much else to work on during the week?

-So........much less mistakes, and better football all around. A good solid win for us. Let's see if we can keep improving. Tough test coming at us this week.

NFLBRONCO
09-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Our new DL has really disappointed me so far. I think D has taken a step back so far. ST's and run game MUST get alot better. These next 4 games will truly tell us how far away we are from being legit.

missingnumber7
09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Knowshon needs to get his ass upfield when the hole opens...the short gains are because he was missing the holes...my seats are in the endzone and he was late getting to holes that I could've ran through and gotten 5-7 yards...that being said the O was very effecient. There were only a few 2/3rd and longs.

We need to find a way to get pressure on the QB. Hasselbeck had all day to throw...the secondary did an awesome job. And Vaughn and Cox did awesome in the 4th Q. Cox broke on that ball just as it was leaving Hasselbecks hand...was awesome.

ST...WTF was Cox thinking bringing that ball out of the endzone. Where is someone on the ball saying nope take a knee? Weren't a whole lot of returns today, with Praters booming kicks. Colquitt was doing an awesome job of kicking the ball into the sun today. But our punt coverage could improve, or atleast the tackleing on it.

Rookies looked good today. OL kept orton pretty clean, DT looked awesome...kudos to McD to get him some easy catches in space early. I think he's gonna be a stud. Cox will start at the other CB before the end of the season.

D ran some different formations. Saw 6 DBs in a 3-4 look with Dawk as a MLB...wink was throwing things out there for payton to look at.

And finally...the one thing that really caught my eye is they celebrated as a team...Champs INT/Bucks INT the WHOLE D went to congratulate them where they picked the ball off at...don't remember seeing much of that last year.

Popps
09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Moreno accounted for 118 yards of offense and a TD today. Not too shabby.

It still looks like there are guys all over him before he can take a step. When he DID have time to take a step, it looked to me like he ran very well.

HEAV
09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
I agree that the run offense wasn't great but again, we're playing into our third string linemen today. Once Harris and Kuper get back and Clady gets healthier (he played longer today and is getting better, especially against the run) we'll do much better.

And I agree the score wasn't indicative of the potency of either team. The Seahawks could have won this game if they weren't doing stupid stuff at the worst times, but I don't think they slaughter us the way some think they were going to.

Also I notice Knowshon is getting gased after a few carries. He needs to get conditioning (Hammy didn't help) and develope some lungs.

jutang
09-19-2010, 08:31 PM
McDaniel's coached a great game. Team responded well after losing to Jacksonville.

Moreno ran a lot harder compared to last week and didn't go down as easily. He seems to take some brutal hits though and I worry about his durability, especially since he is on my FF team.

O-line run blocking still wasn't great, but an improvement compared to last week. Pass blocking was excellent. Blitzes were mostly picked up.

Defense still has a long way to go. Seattle moved the ball quite easily. I'm fine that the Broncos can't rush the passer b/c of Dumervil's injury, but with the upgrades to the line and the second yr into the 3-4... it's disappointing seeing mid to bottom tier RB run right up the middle and get to the secondary before being touched. Also hated how the D played so lackadaisical after being up 31-7.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm just not seeing why people keep bagging on Moreno. He's a pretty good back.

broncowill
09-19-2010, 08:42 PM
im not sure if haggan is the answer at the mlb spot. on some of those long runs up the middle i didnt notice him anywhere around the ball. he also sucks in pass protection

im not sure what is wrong with our defensive line. its like there afraid of doing anything other than just take up space and when we do blitz it usually takes a while for anyone to get pressure

definitley love what im seeing in the passing game. it wouldnt surprise me if we were ranked in the top 5 this year in yards. we have plenty of wrs and so far orton is looking like a pro bowler.

TheChamp24
09-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm just not seeing why people keep bagging on Moreno. He's a pretty good back.

24 carries for 51 yards.
He's shown to be an average back. I haven't seen the explosion, the vision, the power other backs drafted high have shown. Right now, he looks more William Green(Cleveland Browns RB this decade) than say a Shaun Alexander/Edgerrin James/Steven Jackson.

KevinJames
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Woah the Moreno hate is uncalled for he played good that last 2 weeks got to remember the kid didn't have training camp again, so hes still not in game shape you can see that but its not like the run blocking is there. Hes a good player, good hard runner and he rarely drops the football in the passing game the little dump offs to him helped us keep the distance on 2nd and 3rd downs short.

OMG MORENO IS SO SLOW HE CANT MAKE PEOPLE MISS ...... stfu he sure made people miss on that screen that should of been a negative play, run blocking needs to improve period there are like barely any holes to run through watch the game and not his YPC average on the stat line.

Kaylore
09-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Moreno isn't a home run hitter. He's a grinder with quick feet. People need to think Curtis Martin, not Reggie Bush.

Steve Sewell
09-19-2010, 09:05 PM

I think the game is going to be a shootout. Indy won't be able to stop our offense either.

Steve Sewell
09-19-2010, 09:08 PM
24 carries for 51 yards.
He's shown to be an average back. I haven't seen the explosion, the vision, the power other backs drafted high have shown. Right now, he looks more William Green(Cleveland Browns RB this decade) than say a Shaun Alexander/Edgerrin James/Steven Jackson.

This is what happens when Moreno gets a little daylight.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091909/2010/REG2/seahawks@broncos#tab:watch

_Oro_
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Does Cox start over Goodman next week?

Steve Sewell
09-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Does Cox start over Goodman next week?

I think all 3 will be on the field for the majority of the game either way.

_Oro_
09-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I think all 3 will be on the field for the majority of the game either way.

Good point. Just seems like Goodman screwed up that one play and came up a little gimpy, didn't see a replay so I'm not sure what happened, but then I think Cox came in for Goodman the rest of the game. Can anyone with Tivo verify this?

gunns
09-19-2010, 09:38 PM
In pass pro they were much better. But in setting up the running game? Very bad

I understand that, but it isn't always the OL fault especially when the runner doesn't have enough vision to avoid one defender and changes his position, running directly into said defender.

You saw on the screen play what he can do if he's allowed to set his feet without getting hit.

Gee, wouldn't all WR, QB's and RB's enjoy that. It's part of the game and part of a players talent is summarized in how he handles it....or how he doesn't.

Baba Booey
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
We definitely need an infusion of young talent on the DL and alongside DJ.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2010, 09:42 PM
24 carries for 51 yards.

He lost about 25 yards on the last two series when SEA knew Denver was gonna run the ball to eat clock. The bottom line is NO tailback is gonna do well statistically if the holes are not there to run through. He's a good back.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Moreno isn't a home run hitter. He's a grinder with quick feet. People need to think Curtis Martin, not Reggie Bush.

Well said.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Good point. Just seems like Goodman screwed up that one play and came up a little gimpy, didn't see a replay so I'm not sure what happened, but then I think Cox came in for Goodman the rest of the game. Can anyone with Tivo verify this?

Looked like a hammy.

TheReverend
09-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Also I notice Knowshon is getting gased after a few carries. He needs to get conditioning (Hammy didn't help) and develope some lungs.

He had 28 touches today.

That's exactly what he needs to be doing to pace himself.

bombay
09-19-2010, 10:24 PM
The young dudes on the offensive line hung right in there and did a fine job today.

dbfan21
09-20-2010, 05:40 AM

Agreed...and to add to that, he turned his back to the goalline when trying to score in the second half. You can't turn your back like that, especially with multiple 300+ pound guys in your face. You'll never win that matchup!!

dbfan21
09-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Having said that, I am overall very pleased with the win and see some flashes of brilliance. Jarvis Moss seemed to do well and our O-line was solid despite missing two starters. The upside is that Beadles is getting great experience while Harris is out. I am high on Vaughn and Cox as nickle and dime DBs. They looked solid yesterday. Orton has command of the offense and our 3rd down efficiency was phenomenal!! DT and Eddie had a nice game, too.

Good win in our home opener!!

Man-Goblin
09-20-2010, 06:03 AM
LOL @ people bashing Moreno.

PRBronco
09-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Regarding the terribad kick coverage, I'm sure it's a bigger problem than just personnel, but it's worth noting that McBath was our leading ST tackler last year (and our ST captain was out yesterday too).

And seriously, there's people questioning Moreno? WTF is wrong with you?

Tombstone RJ
09-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Regarding the terribad kick coverage, I'm sure it's a bigger problem than just personnel, but it's worth noting that McBath was our leading ST tackler last year (and our ST captain was out yesterday too).

Well, he's no Hillis...

Cito Pelon
09-20-2010, 09:26 AM

Yeah, it's kind of goofy to question Moreno's ability. He's a good back.

TheChamp24
09-20-2010, 10:25 AM
I find it funny that so many people are supporting Moreno when he still hasn't shown anything of the nature to warrant his draft selection.
Like I said before, he looks more the part of a William Green than anything else at this point.

PRBronco
09-20-2010, 10:35 AM
I find it funny that so many people are supporting Moreno when he still hasn't shown anything of the nature to warrant his draft selection.
Like I said before, he looks more the part of a William Green than anything else at this point.

Methinks someone only reads box scores.

Dagmar
09-20-2010, 11:21 AM
JD Walton was great.

Cito Pelon
09-20-2010, 11:31 AM

Sheesh, Moreno made most of the 3rd down conversions by getting 6 yards on first and second down. You can't discount that. Moreno made positive yards on first and second down, and that's a big deal.

TotallyScrewed
09-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Seattle was definitely shooting themselves in the foot, often and frequently and Denver capitalized. Smart football.

I think it would have been much more even, if they wouldn't have done that. It could have come down to who scores last.

TotallyScrewed
09-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Naw...He's a high hurdler at heart.

zdoor
09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Thought Moreno showed heart and improvement from week 1. I really like his hands on the short pass plays. Dude has made some great grabs. He'll show more as his Hammy and conditioning improve.

Cito Pelon
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Moreno is getting too much grief. It's ridiculous the amount of negativity. He's a good back.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-20-2010, 09:12 PM
broncocalijohn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2951) now im here come on over waters fine

SoCalBronco
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
broncocalijohn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2951) now im here come on over waters fine

Stop spamming, dude.