PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Kyle Orton!

fontaine
09-19-2010, 03:29 PM
This is the best I've seen a Denver QB play in long while.

Almost perfect on third downs, managing the offense, plenty of zip on his passes and looks just so sharp.

That fade pass was effortless to D Thomas for the TD, just like his passes to the sidelines, over the middle, those short outs to virtually every pass catcher we have. . . .

The OL deserves HUGE credit. They manned up and played hard nosed football in keeping Orton pretty comfortable.

Long may it continue.
Go Broncos.

Bronco Boy
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM
But...he has a noodle arm!

Kid A
09-19-2010, 03:32 PM
If our o-line get's healthy this is a really solid offense. Not sure how much to hope for on the defensive side of the ball, though forcing turnovers is a start.

GreatBronco16
09-19-2010, 03:33 PM
In before the Culter, Orton comparisions.

Popps
09-19-2010, 03:35 PM
In before noodle-arm.

****. Too late.

brncs_fan
Orton has looked great today and was really spot on last week too.

Today he is 24/33 292 2td

Popps
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv274/nflperdiem/ortonjack.gif

HEAV
09-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Gotta love Kyle, it may not look pretty, but he gets the job done. It's just not about having a BIG arm. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have that kind of arm, but theres more to being a solid quarterback than throwing the ball hard/far.

gyldenlove
09-19-2010, 04:04 PM
I am not sure who that guy is wearing number 8, but he doesn't play anything like Orton, he has confidence, he moves in the pocket, he has a laser arm and his decisions are Manningesque.

brncs_fan
09-19-2010, 04:04 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/johncraig0880/Ortonchill.jpg

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 04:05 PM
He can't make deep throws

HEAV
09-19-2010, 04:06 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/johncraig0880/Ortonchill.jpg

:spit:

:notworthy

Damn that's funny!

Rohirrim
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Kyle says, "I got this one." :thumbs:

barryr
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Orton has been solid since he's been with the Broncos. The criticisms I have seen of him for the most part have been stupid and inaccurate. I still remember quite a few dummies last year insisting Chris Simms was a better QB than Orton.

Bronco Rob
09-19-2010, 04:08 PM
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv274/nflperdiem/ortonjack.gif

:thumbsup:

snowspot66
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
I think we'll have a very solid offense this year.

Even in the loss last week they looked better than the vast majority of last year.

If the line can get healthy and settled down hopefully the run game will pick up and it could even be an extremely dangerous offense.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
The first two weeks of the season, our offense looks incredibly efficient. Kyle constantly finds the open man. Not many big plays, but we move down the field. now if our defense and special teams can play up to par.

brncs_fan
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
:spit:

:notworthy

Damn that's funny!

Feel free to use it.

Repeatedly.

barryr
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
True, special teams are still a problem, but it seems like years since it hasn't been.

lostknight
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
For the first time in the McDaniels era, the team has actually started to deliver on the offensive promises he has been writing in the teams checkbook for a few years. Not great yet, but it could be.

D.T will make people forget about Marshall. Book it.

snowspot66
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
True, special teams are still a problem, but it seems like years since it hasn't been.

I honestly don't remember it ever being good. Maybe it was during the Super Bowl years but I can't remember. Those teams were so damned good the special teams could have been dog **** and it wouldn't have mattered.

gyldenlove
09-19-2010, 04:15 PM

Last year it was decent, definitely improving, it seems to have regressed.

Hulamau
09-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Great stuff Kyle 307 yard 25 of 35 71% and 2 TD 0 int ... Should have had 3 TD had Buck not dropped an easy catch in the end zone.

When we get the full Oline up to speed in the run blocking phase and a healthy Maroney subbing with Moreno in the backfield we'll have a really dominant offense.

Still need work on kickoff and punt coverage teams and on run defense ... the next two drafts and FA must concentrate on rebuilding the front 7 with younger stud players. We'll then be an elite team for years.

jutang
09-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I really liked how Orton spreads the ball around so well. Royal, Lloyd, Thomas are all serious weapons. The secondary really can't key in on one receiver to take Orton out.

ChSuperStar
09-19-2010, 04:33 PM
For the first time in the McDaniels era, the team has actually started to deliver on the offensive promises he has been writing in the teams checkbook for a few years. Not great yet, but it could be.

D.T will make people forget about Marshall. Book it.

Who is this Marshall that you are talking about ? Did he play for broncos at some point ? 8')

baja
09-19-2010, 04:37 PM
I am not sure who that guy is wearing number 8, but he doesn't play anything like Orton, he has confidence, he moves in the pocket, he has a laser arm <B>and his decisions are Manningesque.

Funny I caught myself thinking the same at least in the way he handles the pre snap stuff.

baja
09-19-2010, 04:38 PM
The first two weeks of the season, our offense looks incredibly efficient. Kyle constantly finds the open man. Not many big plays, but we move down the field. now if our defense and special teams can play up to par.

Ya but check the TOP

enjolras
09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
I just got back from the game. It seemed like Orton was pretty shaky early. The big play on the toss-back to Royal should have been an easy six from my seat, except that Orton was high with the ball. That seemed to be the case for a good chunk of the first half. The last drive for a FG in the first half and the whole second half he looked really comfortable, however. His passes were crisp... he had a great day.

fontaine
09-19-2010, 04:51 PM
And Orton is doing it without a real running game. The RBs struggled again today but Kyle kept drives alive by finding the open guy on quite a few different routes/formations.

If our running game can get on track then that's really going to open up the play action passing game and make a real difference.

Rigs11
09-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Screw orton that noodle armed qb!I want a guy in here that can throw sixty yard ints back.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Gettin my mind right for Seattle this weekend! Gonna find me a grunge-skank, bang her right in her crapbox, then go Cobain all over her face8:16 PM Sep 16th (http://twitter.com/KingNeckbeard/status/24725180499) via Twitter for iPhone (http://twitter.com/) http://twitter.com/KingNeckbeard

gyldenlove
09-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Funny I caught myself thinking the same at least in the way he handles the pre snap stuff.

That is what I was seeing as well, he seems to have a very good idea of exactly what the defense will do before they do it.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-19-2010, 05:02 PM
this team sucks fire mcdaniels jk btw just screwin with the fire mcdaniels kids

Drek
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
And Orton is doing it without a real running game. The RBs struggled again today but Kyle kept drives alive by finding the open guy on quite a few different routes/formations.

If our running game can get on track then that's really going to open up the play action passing game and make a real difference.

Seattle's defense reminds me a lot of the old Larry Coyer 4-3 front sevens we used to roll with. Three very talented, fast linebackers running around and making plays.

Like us they have a hard time generating pass rush, and prior to us getting Champ we also struggled to cover anyone (like they did today). But damn if we couldn't shut down the run. The combination of Tatupu, Curry, and Hawthorne lets them do the same thing.

bloodsunday
09-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Orton is playing at a high-level and we seem to have a TON of toys at WR.

I'm not sure we've really played a quality opponent yet though. We'll know more about where this offense is in 4 weeks.

We simply must figure out how to run the ball. Moreno and Buckhalter averaged 2 YPC today (barf). Moreno looks to be running too high and too soft to me. He runs so high that any hit in the hole knocks his momentum immediately sideways as he gets knocked off balance.

baja
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Orton is playing at a high-level and we seem to have a TON of toys at WR.

I'm not sure we've really played a quality opponent yet though. We'll know more about where this offense is in 4 weeks.

We simply must figure out how to run the ball. Moreno and Buckhalter averaged 2 YPC today (barf). Moreno looks to be running too high and too soft to me. He runs so high that any hit in the hole knocks his momentum immediately sideways as he gets knocked off balance.

damn KM has a few issues but running hard i not one of them

Steve Sewell
09-19-2010, 06:25 PM

No doubt, that kid runs HARD. Too bad he had nowhere to go for most of the game. He's not going to last the season unless we can start getting him some running lanes. Tough kid though, holy ****.

TheReverend
09-19-2010, 06:26 PM
This is the best I've seen a Denver QB play in long while.

Almost perfect on third downs, managing the offense, plenty of zip on his passes and looks just so sharp.

That fade pass was effortless to D Thomas for the TD, just like his passes to the sidelines, over the middle, those short outs to virtually every pass catcher we have. . . .

The OL deserves HUGE credit. They manned up and played hard nosed football in keeping Orton pretty comfortable.

Long may it continue.
Go Broncos.

^

Don't forget the incomplete deep ball early. He should do that every, every game. As deep as possible simply to shake it up and instill some confidence.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-19-2010, 06:36 PM
bet next week if Denver loses we be hearing bench Orton fire McDaniel talk all over again sigh bi polar mane .

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-19-2010, 06:37 PM
gosh i hope people dont get all mad at me for having a sense of humor gosh i might offend some idiot.

LRtagger
09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
bet next week if Denver loses we be hearing bench Orton fire McDaniel talk all over again sigh bi polar mane .

This week after a win you'll see half the posts and new threads as you will next week if we lose.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-19-2010, 06:53 PM
oh boy so 50/50 chance of another orange mane melt down. so how many of you OM people take drugs for ya bi polar ism . last week fire McDaniels this week coach of the year next loss kill the sob and burn his house down seriously stop with the bi polarism people ya being foolish JUST LIKE LAST WEEK!!!!!!

ScottXray
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM

I was pissed during the game at McDs play selection, but late in the 3rd I realised that he was just committed to the run game to keep the Defense honest. Without those runs (even though they hardly ever were really productive) the D would have teed off and crasehd the pocket. By continuing to run he kept Orton at ease in the second half.

Kudos to Moreno today...he ran hard EVERY play, although there was nowhere to go most times. good to see him get a little ticked off in the 4th when he got stuffed and hit behind the line, yet again. And the play he made on that 45 yd screen was exceptional, as they had it defensed all the way.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Many ignorant people thought Orton sucked last year when it was clear he didn't. Many ignorant people still think Moreno sucks.

bloodsunday
09-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Many ignorant people thought Orton sucked last year when it was clear he didn't. Many ignorant people still think Moreno sucks.

Moreno still has to show SOMETHING. I wouldn't say he sucks, yet anyway, but he isn't exactly lighting it up either.

bloodsunday
09-19-2010, 07:50 PM

There are so many plays when he is hesitating and dancing instead of putting his head down and getting what he can. It doesn't help the the OL doesn't seem to be winning many battles in the run game, but still.

extralife
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
One thing we can say pretty definitively about Moreno: he's not a short yardage back.

One thing we can say pretty definitively about Orton: he is good enough for us. I never really thought that would be the case.

LRtagger
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Moreno > Matthews

broncocalijohn
09-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Orton has been solid since he's been with the Broncos. The criticisms I have seen of him for the most part have been stupid and inaccurate. I still remember quite a few dummies last year insisting Chris Simms was a better QB than Orton.

pick on Bronco buff in the War forum, not here.:wiggle:

broncocalijohn
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
oh boy so 50/50 chance of another orange mane melt down. so how many of you OM people take drugs for ya bi polar ism . last week fire McDaniels this week coach of the year next loss kill the sob and burn his house down seriously stop with the bi polarism people ya being foolish JUST LIKE LAST WEEK!!!!!!

i doubt "those" people are saying that. You actually think they would beatch and moan for so long to just change in one week. Unfortunately, it is going to take wins and more weeks of performing at this level. Both might not happen for until middle of October.

barryr
09-19-2010, 08:02 PM
pick on bronco buff in the war forum, not here.:wiggle:

lol

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
pick on Bronco buff in the War forum, not here.:wiggle:

Quoted for Truth!

Cito Pelon
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Moreno still has to show SOMETHING. I wouldn't say he sucks, yet anyway, but he isn't exactly lighting it up either.

Please. He's doing just fine. What, you expect him to be a combo of Walter Payton, TD, Earl Campbell all rolled into one?

He's running well, catching well, providing an outlet for Orton. The guy just started practicing two weeks ago.

BlaK-Argentina
09-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Please. He's doing just fine. What, you expect him to be a combo of Walter Payton, TD, Earl Campbell all rolled into one?

He's running well, catching well, providing an outlet for Orton. The guy just started practicing two weeks ago.

I don't understand what people want from him. He's a good blocker, doesn't drop a pass, runs HARD, has some terrific moves... makes something out of nothing most of the times. When he gets some room he makes things happen.

Popps
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Orton: Noodle arm.

Steve Prefontaine
09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Orton: average qb.

fyp

kamakazi_kal
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
whatever. hes average ...... he throw picks when you need td's .... he did that today ..... stat line be damned. he's just ok.

he plays in an offense that play the pass all day long .... see stat line.

orton=average
hillis= could be helping this team
shef=better then what we have
maroney+moreno= 1st round busts

the d is playing decent. cmon mcd made this bed let him lay in it. the chiefs are better the chargers are better the ****in raiders are better wtf?

HILife
09-26-2010, 04:24 PM
whatever. hes average ...... he throw picks when you need td's .... he did that today ..... stat line be damned. he's just ok.

he plays in an offense that play the pass all day long .... see stat line.

orton=average fail
hillis= could be helping this team fail
shef=better then what we have fail
maroney+moreno= 1st round busts To early for Moreno

the d is playing decent. cmon mcd made this bed let him lay in it. the chiefs are better the chargers are better the ****in raiders are better wtf?

fail

Taco John
09-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Kyle Orton has a certain tenacity that is absolutely fun to watch. I love seeing him get fired up. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, so it comes off as legit. He's not perfect, but he's far from being a problem for us. I wish we could get him a consistent running game to lean on.

TonyR
09-26-2010, 04:29 PM
orton=average
hillis= could be helping this team
shef=better then what we have
maroney+moreno= 1st round busts

Average QB's don't throw for 476 yards very often. Average physical talent, yes. But an above average QB.
I suppose Hillis could be helping this team but he wouldn't run well with our run blocking which was terrible yet again today while the pass blocking was excellent.
Shef is a better receiving TE than what we have but we spread the ball around well and Shef never stays healthy.
Maroney isn't a "bust" but he's not worth his pick status. Too early on Moreno but agree he'll never be a "great" RB.

snowspot66
09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
One interception. Holy ****. Great QB's never do that!

Jesus Christ. Orton played a decent game today. We need to be able to run the ****ing ball in at the one yard line.

steeledude
09-26-2010, 04:32 PM
But he sucked in the red zone. All the Cutler players dismiss his big yards here in the Denver because we were poor in scoring. Orton isn't doing it in the red zone at all either.

go_broncos
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Coaching wise..Mcd reminds me of Shanny..Lot of yards..just can't score within 20
It's sad.I don't see any improvement.

fontaine
09-26-2010, 04:37 PM
But he sucked in the red zone. All the Cutler players dismiss his big yards here in the Denver because we were poor in scoring. Orton isn't doing it in the red zone at all either.

Yes Orton does need to do better in the red zone but in a shorter field if you don't have a running game then it's well, ridiculous to put it on Orton when he's not the one who got rag dolled running the football.

steeledude
09-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes Orton does need to do better in the red zone but in a shorter field if you don't have a running game then it's well, ridiculous to put it on Orton when he's not the one who got rag dolled running the football.

Same issue for Cutler his last year here. We had what? Six starters for running back? Sure they were all good, but when you get to runningback number 4 teams don't take your run game seriously.

Orton is good. But the Coach has fielded the same result as Shanny. The red zone is something that has consistently plagued this team for a long time.

Broncos4tw
09-26-2010, 05:08 PM
QBs throw in the 400 range when either:

1. Your running game sucks.
2. You have a god for a QB.
3. You are playing an offensive juggernaut, and they get ahead of you quickly.

Since we were fighting #1 and #3, the yards do not surprise me.

Orton played very solid for the most part. The only thing he is still doing, which he did an inordinate amount of the time last year, is to just dump the ball off on some critical plays. On fourth down going into the endzone, he HAD guys open. He just instantly threw the ball without waiting for the play to develop. It killed us.

I was totally not sold on Orton last year. I said there was 0% chance of him winning a SB. I revise that: He looks much better this year, and I could see a solid overall team winning with him at QB. He still needs some tweaking though, he is not there yet. But overall impressed, and it's NOT his fault we lost the game.

orangemonkey
09-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Kyle Orton is a loser for the broncos so far and that is all that counts. I sit at the 50 yard line as always with people who've had season tickets for over 40 years and they dont support him. In fact I didnt see one orton jersey today. That was telling.

LRtagger
09-26-2010, 06:11 PM
On fourth down going into the endzone, he HAD guys open. He just instantly threw the ball without waiting for the play to develop. It killed us.

You might want to rewatch the play. Indy was bringing the house. Orton made the read at the LOS and got the ball out quickly. Obviously he and Lloyd were not on the same page.

If he had waited for the play to develop, he would have been sacked.

The smart play there would have been to kick the FG. If we kick it on both 4th downs, we are down by one point kicking the ball off.

Popps
09-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Orton was huge again today. He made his first real mistake of the season, imo.

But, honestly... I can't believe he can pass as well as he has when we just can't run the ball at ALL.

Props to him for putting up another great effort.

bowtown
09-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Kyle Orton is a loser for the broncos so far and that is all that counts. I sit at the 50 yard line as always with people who've had season tickets for over 40 years and they dont support him. In fact I didnt see one orton jersey today. That was telling.

You no longer have any real visual or statistical evidence to hold over his head now, so now you've just moved on to how many people you sit next to that own his jersey. What's next, you going to start making fun of the car he drives?

The entire locker room and coaching staff support Orton, that's far more telling than the ten people who sit next you.

BroncoDoug
09-26-2010, 06:44 PM
You no longer have any real visual or statistical evidence to hold over his head now, so now you've just moved on to how many people you sit next to that own his jersey. What's next, you going to start making fun of the car he drives?

The entire locker room and coaching staff support Orton, that's far more telling than the ten people who sit next you.

Doesn't he drive a Prius?

bowtown
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Doesn't he drive a Prius?

He's such a p***Y.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2010, 07:09 PM

You are correct on that. As a team, it could have been Cutler under the center (but with more ints or mental mistakes). Problem is not getting the damn one yard or just kick it for the points. Our D was playing great (except Cox).

orangemonkey
09-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Orton was huge again today. He made his first real mistake of the season, imo.

But, honestly... I can't believe he can pass as well as he has when we just can't run the ball at ALL.

Props to him for putting up another great effort.

But he loses. 60 yard pass was spectacular but so far he is a loser.

Rabb
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
But he loses. 60 yard pass was spectacular but so far he is a loser.

30-21 career record, but yeah...he sucks

bronco militia
09-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks Kyle....we tried to replace you by trading and drafting a suitable replacement and failed. Along the way we realized you were only worth a one year extension. Here's to you surviving another offeason in Denver.

signed,

the 5000 yard passing season and 5-11 record

orangemonkey
09-26-2010, 09:18 PM
30-21 career record, but yeah...he sucks

He was a pro bowl player in chicago. He's a loser in Denver unfortunately.

Rabb
09-26-2010, 09:20 PM
He was a pro bowl player in chicago. He's a loser in Denver unfortunately.

I hate to break it to you, but he isn't our problem this year during either of the 2 losses

Durango
09-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Kyle Orton has a certain tenacity that is absolutely fun to watch. I love seeing him get fired up. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, so it comes off as legit. He's not perfect, but he's far from being a problem for us. I wish we could get him a consistent running game to lean on.

Just a viable running game would do. Orton is, and has been fine. I notice the Broncos aren't using the TE with any efficiency any more. Graham is good blocker, but he's also a terrific receiver. I wonder what's up there?

bronco militia
09-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Just a viable running game would do. Orton is, and has been fine. I notice the Broncos aren't using the TE with any efficiency any more. Graham is good blocker, but he's also a terrific receiver. I wonder what's up there?

when was the last time the Pats and Tom Brady ever utilized the TE there offense? It was a rare occurance even when Graham was in New England

Dagmar
09-26-2010, 09:26 PM
One thousand and 78 yards.

orangemonkey
09-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I hate to break it to you, but he isn't our problem this year during either of the 2 losses

Our defense is better than Shanny could ever build. I'm so happy with that. Our offense is much worse and Orton is the leader. It was amazing to see us hold Peyton today.

Durango
09-26-2010, 09:32 PM
when was the last time the Pats and Tom Brady ever utilized the TE there offense? It was a rare occurance even when Graham was in New England

Ben Watson was a very big part of the NE passing game until recently.

Paladin
09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Our defense is better than Shanny could ever build. I'm so happy with that. Our offense is much worse and Orton is the leader. It was amazing to see us hold Peyton today.

Who the F is this boob?

baja
09-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks Kyle....we tried to replace you by trading and drafting a suitable replacement and failed. Along the way we realized you were only worth a one year extension. Here's to you surviving another offeason in Denver.

signed,

Wanta bet on that 5 - 11 record ?

fontaine
11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I stand by Orton 100%.

He's not elite but the guy is far from the problem. He's the only reason why we stayed competitive in this game while the defense gave up a career day to a rookie QB and allowed the Rams to score a season high points.

I know Orton will constantly get criticized from those who are still looking for that elite QB, but we're not going anywhere until the defense is fixed.

2KBack
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I stand by Orton 100%.

He's not elite but the guy is far from the problem. He's the only reason why we stayed competitive in this game while the defense gave up a career day to a rookie QB and allowed the Rams to score a season high points.

I know Orton will constantly get criticized from those who are still looking for that elite QB, but we're not going anywhere until the defense is fixed.

Agreed. You don't lose a game 33-36 and point the finger at the QB.

Rock Chalk
11-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I stand by Orton 100%.

I don't fault Orton at all. What I see out there is the QB doing everythign he can to win, and not getting a hell of a lot of help from the offensive line, RBs, TEs or defense. WRs and QB are the ONLY spots on the team that dont completely suck balls.

lostknight
11-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Agreed. You don't lose a game 33-36 and point the finger at the QB.

You do when the QB has the ball at the end, can tie it up by going 30 yards, and win it by going 70.

He had the chance to win it. He couldn't. The better team won.

Dudeskey
11-28-2010, 04:47 PM
You do when the QB has the ball at the end, can tie it up by going 30 yards, and win it by going 70.

Tell that to Graham & Gaffney. Both attempts were on the money. Orton did his part, the receivers did not

lostknight
11-28-2010, 04:48 PM
He's a good quarterback. He is not a great quarterback. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

2KBack
11-28-2010, 05:06 PM

That is just bull**** dude, it reeks of short sightedness. Did you only watch the last drive or something. Kyle Orton had to lead 3 scoring drives in the fourth quarter, that has to be considered and it is just plain stupid to point the finger at the QB alone when he was in a virtually impossible situation. Few QB's to have ever played the game can come back by 20 points in the fourth, it is a credit to orton that he made it as close as he did. My god, your lack of perspective is astounding

Popps
11-28-2010, 05:14 PM
That is just bull**** dude, it reeks of short sightedness. Did you only watch the last drive or something. Kyle Orton had to lead 3 scoring drives in the fourth quarter, that has to be considered and it is just plain stupid to point the finger at the QB alone when he was in a virtually impossible situation. Few QB's to have ever played the game can come back by 20 points in the fourth, it is a credit to orton that he made it as close as he did. My god, your lack of perspective is astounding

Orton put the ball right in Graham's mitts down the middle and the guy didn't make the catch.

Good god, there is so much blame to go around for this loss... why pin it on the guy who deserves it the least?

Popps
11-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Tell that to Graham & Gaffney. Both attempts were on the money. Orton did his part, the receivers did not

Bingo.

KipCorrington25
11-28-2010, 05:22 PM

And both New England scum so no surprise.

Jesterhole
11-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Orton wasn't the problem. The play calling was a disaster after our 2nd possession. After our first FG, we had three straight series of pass, pass, pass, punt. Not a single run play called, even though Moreno had actually done well to start.

This was a coaching loss, plain and simple. Martindale's plan made a rookie QB look like an all-pro. What personal scoring record did the Rams break against us? How many teams are going to break records against us this year?

Popps
11-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Orton wasn't the problem. The play calling was a disaster after our 2nd possession. After our first FG, we had three straight series of pass, pass, pass, punt. Not a single run play called, even though Moreno had actually done well to start.

This was a coaching loss, plain and simple. Martindale's plan made a rookie QB look like an all-pro. What personal scoring record did the Rams break against us? How many teams are going to break records against us this year?

You and I never agree... but I'm 100% on board with this one.

Awful, ****ing awful play-calling in the 2nd quarter. You are 100% correct, here. McDaniels screwed the pooch in this game.

If you know you can't stop anyone, at least give your defense a chance to rest.

Moreno looked great, and we were actually opening running lanes.

Instead, we come out and completely abandon the run for no apparent reason. It was blatantly obvious we needed to slow the pace of this game down. I hated the play-calling.

Now, the flipside to this argument is.. if it would have worked, like it did against KC... we would have run away with the game. But, it just felt so wrong to give up on the run at that point in the game.

We were out-manned against San Diego. Today we lost because of dropped footballs and bad play-calling.

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Wanta bet on that 5 - 11 record ?

I think the real question is do you want to bet on that 5-11 record?

bronco militia
11-28-2010, 10:25 PM
You and I never agree... but I'm 100% on board with this one.

Awful, ****ing awful play-calling in the 2nd quarter. You are 100% correct, here. McDaniels screwed the pooch in this game.

If you know you can't stop anyone, at least give your defense a chance to rest.

Moreno looked great, and we were actually opening running lanes.

Instead, we come out and completely abandon the run for no apparent reason. It was blatantly obvious we needed to slow the pace of this game down. I hated the play-calling.

Now, the flipside to this argument is.. if it would have worked, like it did against KC... we would have run away with the game. But, it just felt so wrong to give up on the run at that point in the game.

We were out-manned against San Diego. Today we lost because of dropped footballs and bad play-calling.

the playcalling has been terrible all year except the chiefs game

bronco militia
11-28-2010, 10:41 PM

signed,

5-11 was probably me being too optimistic

cutthemdown
11-28-2010, 10:48 PM
It Tebow the guy you would let him take over in 2012 or at the end of next yr. He's not ready yet and Orton too productive to just stop playing him. He does need more from the running game and the defense to win......obviously.

We need to get our top 5 pick in the draft and target the best dlineman. Even if it means tweaking back to a 4-3 because thats what we can find. Not like we have any front seven worth keeping anyways. Doom could find a spot just like Freeny does in a 4-3 at end with some big DT next to him.

We need more size along the line and some big time studs to build defense around.

Nick Fairly, Marcel Dareus? even though i don't profess to know those players both go top 10 but they will be up there I would think.

Do we have 2 2nds because of the Marshal trade? Man we have never needed to get lucky on some draft picks more then right now.

Please football gods, whatever we did, we are sorry, please forgive us and send us some good players.

cutthemdown
11-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Orton signed to at least go into this offseason, and start for us next yr. No way they replace him with Tebow right now.

Time to work on the defense so when Tebow is ready we have a defense that is hard to run on, can create turnovers, and doesn't make him:

a- run for his life
b- have to score 30 points to not get blown out
c- have to score 40 points or more to win

Sassy
11-28-2010, 10:54 PM
"When Tebow Is Ready".....what I don't see from a lot of Maners...is what IF TEBOW is RYAN LEAF!
How come a lot of the board ASSUMES Tebow will be a great NFL QB? We just don't know that.

Sassy
11-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Hmmm even Maricuuchi says the Broncos need a D and a running game! Talked about Nolan not wanting to leave.

Dagmar
11-28-2010, 11:05 PM
"When Tebow Is Ready".....what I don't see from a lot of Maners...is what IF TEBOW is RYAN LEAF!
How come a lot of the board ASSUMES Tebow will be a great NFL QB? We just don't know that.

Well, he's not Leaf. Leaf was a horrible douche who thought he his "talent" was above hard work.

We picked a player who was possibly the greatest college QB in history in the first round. People want to see what he can do, because marching down the field after a great first drive and failing in the red zone... we may have well have kept the frown cannon. I just don't see Kyle Orton being the Denver QB for the next 5 years, so like most people, I want the future to start now.