PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer Milloy wants to hear sound of silence in Denver

Bronco Rob
09-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Lawyer Milloy wants to hear sound of silence in Denver

Lawyer Milloy has played 109 regular-season road games over the course of his 15-year NFL career.

So if you're wondering what it takes to win away from home -- a question that should be on the mind of all Seahawks fans and players in the wake of a 3-13 road record over the past two seasons -- the guy with a pair of Super Bowls on his resume is probably a good person to ask.

"Winning football on the road is one of the toughest things to do in this league, but it can be one of the most gratifying things as well, next to winning a Super Bowl," Milloy said this week as the Seahawks prepared for Sunday's journey to Denver.

"The best fun I've always had as a player is when my 53 guys go into a stadium with 70,000 people and we win a ballgame and silence the crowd.

"The best sound in football is silence in a sold-out stadium."

Milloy and his mates have a tough chore on their hands Sunday at Invesco Field. The Broncos are 23-3 in home openers since 1984 and have won their last 10 straight.

Seattle is 5-20 all-time at Denver, but did win its last meeting at Mile High Stadium in 2006. The Seahawks aren't alone in their difficulties at Denver, as the Broncos' .738 winning percentage (163-58) is the best home record in the NFL over the past 26 years.

Milloy acknowledges the challenge facing his Seahawks, who were 1-7 last year on the road, the seven losses coming by an average of 21.9 points.

"The biggest challenge on the road is just how can you go into an environment that's different than what you're used to and make it normal," said Milloy, 36. "That's the thing. You see it in the Super Bowl. The first team that gets through all the elements -- the fireworks, national anthem and celebrities -- and focuses on how they got there is the team that usually wins. It's the same on the road."

Seattle's road woes are magnified by the contrast with their homefield edge at Qwest Field. The Seahawks rode the 12th Man momentum to a 31-6 win over NFC West favorite San Francisco last week.

If they can back that up with a victory now away from their home turf, it would go a long way toward setting a new tone for the franchise under coach Pete Carroll.

"When we're at home we feel like we have the advantage with one of the best crowds in the league," Milloy said. "On the road, it's flip-flopped so there has to be more communication on the offensive side of the ball and defensively we have to take their best punch early and be on top of our game.

"It all boils down to is how fast can we get to playing Seahawk football. We respect every opponent we play, but when it comes down to it, it's all about execution and preparation."

:afro:

Naggle Nole
09-18-2010, 03:21 PM
.738 winning percentage huh?
That is a cherry-picking stat if I have ever seen one
In the last 5 years, we are 26-16 (.619) at home
If you think that sounds good (and I hope it doesn't), in 2005 we went an incredible 9-1 at home including the home games against the Patriots and Steelers
That means in the past 4 years, we are one game over .500 at home
Whatever you want to say about losing the Mile High Mystique, that is absolutely NOT getting it done

IMO, 6-2 at home is the standard for a great team, and we need to get there again to consider ourselves one

On a related note, I almost forgot Lawyer Milloy was still in the league
I would love to see a deep pass light up that hot bag of wind :approve:

Popps
09-18-2010, 03:25 PM
"Seahawk football."

LOL

scorpio
09-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I honestly didn't know Lawyer Milloy was still in the league.

WABronco
09-18-2010, 03:47 PM
He's their Dawkins.

BMarsh615
09-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Dude post a link to this ****. I hate reading that font.

broncocalijohn
09-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Stop posting in big letters for the blind people, put a link to the stories, didnt know the guy mattered anymore in the league and why would you underline our great home record over 26 years when we have stunk at home the last 5 or so years! SInce 2001 you have been here, you should know some of the lil rules here.

Steve Sewell
09-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Did you write this? If not, provide a link to the story and give the author some credit.

Bronco Rob
09-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Stop posting in big letters for the blind people, put a link to the stories, didnt know the guy mattered anymore in the league and why would you underline our great home record over 26 years when we have stunk at home the last 5 or so years! SInce 2001 you have been here, you should know some of the lil rules here.*

Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

For the love of all that is HOLY..

QUIT whining and complaining like a petulant child..

You people are friggin' pathetic jacklegs.

Hope that helps..

Borks147
09-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

Hope that helps..

The interwebs are serious business dude, didn't you get the memo?

Bronco Rob
09-18-2010, 10:05 PM
The interwebs are serious business dude, didn't you get the memo?

:spit:

Steve Sewell
09-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

Hope that helps..

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/facepalm_implied.jpg

Popps
09-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Is Milloy the dude that used to play for the Patriots in the 80s?

He's still alive?

broncocalijohn
09-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

Hope that helps..

Never mind. It is quite obvious you pointing out that you being here 3 years longer give you a pass at not knowing that we dont need big words for those 90 years old or to give credit to the article you took as your own. Carry on Big Guy.

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Is Milloy the dude that used to play for the Patriots in the 80s?

He's still alive?

I get the exaggerated joke... but his rookie year was 1996 the SAME year as Dawkins. It'd be wise to not count him out... he's been playing at an extremely high level his entire career only excluding last season which I believe was extremely limited due to injury.

Zoobie
09-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Never mind. It is quite obvious you pointing out that you being here 3 years longer give you a pass at not knowing that we dont need big words for those 90 years old or to give credit to the article you took as your own. Carry on Big Guy.

So lean back in your chair....oooor, just don't read it if the font is so insulting to your precious eyes. You are an adult, act like one.

Popps
09-19-2010, 12:29 AM
I get the exaggerated joke... but his rookie year was 1996 the SAME year as Dawkins. It'd be wise to not count him out... he's been playing at an extremely high level his entire career only excluding last season which I believe was extremely limited due to injury.

#### 'em.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2010, 12:48 AM
So lean back in your chair....oooor, just don't read it if the font is so insulting to your precious eyes. You are an adult, act like one.

if we cant inform, insult, embarrass and ridicule all in one post at the mane, then why are we here? It isnt the fact that it was huge and I can not read it. it was interesting and would have found the article to my liking.....if he linked that too.

Bronco Rob
09-19-2010, 04:43 AM

:afro:

Cool Breeze
09-19-2010, 08:19 AM
I want to hear the sound of silence out of Lawyer Milloy...

Bronco Rob
09-19-2010, 03:39 PM
:thumbsup:

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Ear plugs then!!!!!!!!!!!