PDA

View Full Version : Maroney ready for fresh start in Denver

Bronco Rob
09-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Maroney ready for fresh start in Denver

New RB will miss Sunday's game with thigh injury
Associated Press
Posted: 09/18/2010 12:12:35 AM MDT

ENGLEWOOD -- Laurence Maroney gained both his share of yards and critics in five seasons with New England.
He's looking to add more of the former while shedding the latter now that he's joined the Denver Broncos.

"It's always helpful to have a clean slate and start over from the beginning," Maroney said Friday, 48 hours after the Patriots and Broncos swapped draft picks in a package for the 2006 first-round selection. "All I want to do is come out here and help to do anything positive to help the team win."

Maroney has rushed 675 times for 2,799 yards with 25 touchdowns in 52 games since entering the league. But with Maroney slipping down the depth chart, the Patriots decided to cut ties and give him the chance for a fresh start.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said that while he respected Maroney, "it felt like it was the right time for us to move on," particularly considering the perceived value gained in the trade.

Denver sent a 2011 fourth-round pick for Maroney, while acquiring New England's sixth-rounder next year.

Maroney currently isn't practicing due to a thigh injury but is pushing to return next week. He'll fill the short-term void in Denver for a veteran No. 3 back behind starter Knowshon Moreno and backup Correll Buckhalter.

He may eventually push for a regular rotation spot should he re-sign with Denver. Maroney is in the final year of the five-year contract he signed after New England selected him 21st overall in '06. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels earlier this week expressed an interest in Maroney, 25, being a core player beyond this season.

"I would love for this to be a long-term thing," Maroney responded. "You know Denver's going to run the ball. It'sone of those things with 'Buck` and 'Kno,` I`m not coming in here trying to take nobody`s place. I`m not trying to take nobody`s shine. I just want to come in and fit in."

Maroney integrated well into New England`s offense but didn`t always stand out as much as hoped. Injuries were part of the issue. A rotational system by the Patriots also helped keep his numbers down.

Maroney`s career-best season was gaining 835 yards in 2007.

"He`s a talented individual," said Broncos receiver Jabar Gaffney, a teammate of Maroney`s in New England from 2006-08. "He can definitely run the ball. When he makes his mind up that he wants to hit it, he`s a real tough running back."

But there was part of the rub. Critics picked apart his running style, which he described Friday as "downhill" but many claimed lacked a decisiveness making his move to the hole and/or a willingness to initiate contact for extra yardage.

Maroney fumbled just once in his first 38 games as a pro but coughed up four during a seven-game stretch last year, which spurred even more debate about his reliability.

"They definitely criticized a lot," Maroney said about the skeptics. "But it`s OK. I was a first-rounder, so I feel like they were looking at me in a bigger light than everybody else. It`s one of those things where it`s over now. That was then. Now I`m here with the Broncos and I`m focused on my future here."

Under slightly different circumstances, Maroney may have actually started his career in Denver. The Broncos under Mike Shanahan had targeted him as a likely No. 1 pick out of the University of Minnesota until the team opted to trade up in the draft to select quarterback Jay Cutler.

Instead, Maroney`s now playing under McDaniels, who was the offensive coordinator in New England when he was drafted.

"He`s a very talented running back," said Broncos guard Russ Hochstein, a member of the Patriots from 2003-08. "What we get or what we see in the future is completely up to Laurence. Hopefully he pays big dividends down the road."

:afro:

Mogulseeker
09-18-2010, 03:04 AM
I like how they didn't correct Maroney's poor english. They just quoted him as he said things.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2010, 07:41 AM
I like how they didn't correct Maroney's poor english. They just quoted him as he said things.

It's not a reporter's job to correct his poor English. That's what makes it a quote.

baja
09-18-2010, 07:45 AM
"He`s a talented individual," said Broncos receiver Jabar Gaffney, a teammate of Maroney`s in New England from 2006-08. "He can definitely run the ball. When he makes his mind up that he wants to hit it, he`s a real tough running back."

Not a ringing endorsement by Gaffney. No mention of the usual, "he's a great guy" or "Glad he's here" Just an uninspiring, He can run the ball when he wants to. Didn't we just get rid of a guy (Smith) for carrying a underachieving attitude?

Mogulseeker
09-18-2010, 09:11 AM
It's not a reporter's job to correct his poor English. That's what makes it a quote.

Reporters paraphrase. That's what the military taught me in journalism school. It's important to not make your subjects look like a jackass.

All reporters do it. It's so common that it stands out when a reporter doesn't do it.

oubronco
09-18-2010, 09:31 AM
We shall see what he's got soon enough

TotallyScrewed
09-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Not a ringing endorsement by Gaffney. No mention of the usual, "he's a great guy" or "Glad he's here" Just an uninspiring, He can run the ball when he wants to. Didn't we just get rid of a guy (Smith) for carrying a underachieving attitude?

Yeah... A lot of "if he wants to..." type statements. What bothers me more is that Maroney wants to move on from the first round selection expectations and is "not here to take anyone's job". Really?!?!

I want guys fighting to start...ya know...competing for the job.

rbackfactory80
09-18-2010, 09:38 AM

Yeah but this is one of Josh's NE guys who he constantly overrates. Problem is it is easier to run the ball when you have the offense NE has with threats all across the field than here in Denver. From wanting Cassell, to signing Green and releasing him its seems he views NE scraps as diamonds in the rough. There is talent outside NE.

bowtown
09-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah but this is one of Josh's NE guys who he constantly overrates. Problem is it is easier to run the ball when you have the offense NE has with threats all across the field than here in Denver. From wanting Cassell, to signing Green and releasing him its seems he views NE scraps as diamonds in the rough. There is talent outside NE.

Wait, there is? You mean like White and Brown and Ball and 90% of the other FAs Josh has signed since he's been here? When a coach comes from another program, he does sometimes favor guys from his last squad because he knows about them and what they can do. Shanahan brought over a bunch of SF guys when he signed on... also tried out a few ex-broncos this year in Washington. Kubiak spent the first 3 years signing our cast offs. This is nothing different than what all coaches do when they move from one place to another. What I like about Josh is that he may slightly overvalue them as a pickup but once they are on the team, if they aren't performing he has no problem showing them the door. They don't get special treatment just because they used to be his guys.

People need to stop acting like this is some unique phenomenon jut becasue they don't like the team where the players happen to be coming from.

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Step one in his fresh start: Teaching him how to read.

bowtown
09-18-2010, 09:52 AM

I'd also like if we could fashion him some bionic limbs. My over-under on his missing a game to injury is about 3.

NFLBRONCO
09-18-2010, 09:53 AM
When I think on NE not once to I think wow that Maroney is a stud back. Other then depth I don't see the hoopla of this he's Moreno #2 very similar styles. I'd rather opposing DC's having to prepare for a different type of rb.

baja
09-18-2010, 09:54 AM

I have to agree the evidence is piling up to make a case for this.

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 09:56 AM
I'd also like if we could fashion him some bionic limbs. My over-under on his missing a game to injury is about 3.

Great idea. Perhaps... lion bionic limbs? If we did that with four other people... we could have them join together and unleash Voltron.

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah... A lot of "if he wants to..." type statements. What bothers me more is that Maroney wants to move on from the first round selection expectations and is "not here to take anyone's job". Really?!?!

I want guys fighting to start...ya know...competing for the job.

Or trying to fit in and contribute and not make a big deal out of being a former 1st rounder and antagonize his teammates.

rbackfactory80
09-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Wait, there is? You mean like White and Brown and Ball and 90% of the other FAs Josh has signed since he's been here? When a coach comes from another program, he does sometimes favor guys from his last squad because he knows about them and what they can do. Shanahan brought over a bunch of SF guys when he signed on... also tried out a few ex-broncos this year in Washington. Kubiak spent the first 3 years signing our cast offs. This is nothing different than what all coaches do when they move from one place to another. What I like about Josh is that he may slightly overvalue them as a pickup but once they are on the team, if they aren't performing he has no problem showing them the door. They don't get special treatment just because they used to be his guys.

People need to stop acting like this is some unique phenomenon jut becasue they don't like the team where the players happen to be coming from.

Yes I understand that but a guy that is not that great in NE who played in that system is probably not going to be better here. New England is the true concept of a team, the players play well together and the system makes them look better than they are. We saw it with every player that got shipped out of there from Branch to the recent acquisition of Green.

I don't care where they come from, just stop letting the best coach in the game hose you. Josh you don't work with Bill anymore, he is not trying to make Denver a better team. Josh trusts Bill still too much.

Now I can clearly see you sticking up to your NE roots, and I think I figured out who the other team you root for is.

watermock
09-18-2010, 10:03 AM

Heh...

How amusing...

baja
09-18-2010, 10:04 AM

<b>People need to stop acting like this is some unique phenomenon jut becasue they don't like the team where the players happen to be coming from.

It's natural to question the trend when you see ex Pats players being overpaid to come to Denver and procede to underachieve. At some point you have to ask is Belichick still schooling our young coach.

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 10:07 AM

If he read your whiny posts he'd figure the Broncos were gonna fold and would have faked a broken back so the trade would be nullified.

WolfpackGuy
09-18-2010, 10:09 AM

Key difference is those players were low priced free agent contributors who were productive.

Outside of Gaffney, what have all these former Pats done besides cost the Broncos money AND draft picks?

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 10:11 AM
It's natural to question the trend when you see ex Pats players being overpaid to come to Denver and procede to underachieve. At some point you have to ask is Belichick still schooling our young coach.

Good lord, WTF?

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 10:14 AM
If he read your whiny posts he'd figure the Broncos were gonna fold and would have faked a broken back so the trade would be nullified.

That makes sense. It's clearly my fault they played like a college team against Jax.

broncogary
09-18-2010, 10:15 AM

That's "brokeback." :approve:

baja
09-18-2010, 10:15 AM

What I find interesting about this trade is Josh is always harping about wanting smart, tough, team first players and it appears Maroney is none of those, he appears dumb, lazy and it looks like his team mates don't like him.

rbackfactory80
09-18-2010, 10:19 AM
No question I would rather give the job to someone who was hungry than some underachieving NE j-wad who is picked up because he was "there" for the record breaking offense of 2007. I respect the fact that he is willing to cut bait but there is a reason a first rounder in 06 is being traded.

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 10:19 AM
That makes sense. It's clearly my fault they played like a college team against Jax.

You must have been confused watching the Tebow jerseys fall all over themselves exiting the stands, thinking they were the Broncos.

bowtown
09-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes I understand that but a guy that is not that great in NE who played in that system is probably not going to be better here. New England is the true concept of a team, the players play well together and the system makes them look better than they are. We saw it with every player that got shipped out of there from Branch to the recent acquisition of Green.

I don't care where they come from, just stop letting the best coach in the game hose you. Josh you don't work with Bill anymore, he is not trying to make Denver a better team. Josh trusts Bill still too much.

Now I can clearly see you sticking up to your NE roots, and I think I figured out who the other team you root for is.

Ha. My NE roots? I'm from CO, live in NY, and absolutely hate all things Boston. But my hatred of the Pats has nothing to do with how I feel about their players once they become Broncos.

Popps
09-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm still excited to have him on board. It cost us basically nothing and he's young enough to still have upside if the light goes on for him.

Hoping for the best.

Popps
09-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Pats has nothing to do with how I feel about their players once they become Broncos.

Wow, wait... you mean you actually root for your team without a long list of prior conditions and agendas?

Weird.

rbackfactory80
09-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Ha. My NE roots? I'm from CO, live in NY, and absolutely hate all things Boston. But my hatred of the Pats has nothing to do with how I feel about their players once they become Broncos.

Cool me either. Once he lights it up for 150 and 2 td's against the Ravens and Jets in back to back weeks I will eat my words. Oh and I apologize for calling you a NE homer, I meant to say Giants Fan.

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 10:33 AM
You must have been confused watching the Tebow jerseys fall all over themselves exiting the stands, thinking they were the Broncos.

Maybe Josh was and threw them on the field after the storm break?

baja
09-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm still excited to have him on board. It cost us basically nothing and he's young enough to still have upside if the light goes on for him.

<b>Hoping for the best.

Me too.

Gotta admit though Maroney seems the antithesis of the kind of player Josh claims to be seeking here.

Popps
09-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Me too.

Gotta admit though Maroney seems the antithesis of the kind of player Josh claims to be seeking here.

True, almost like the Alphonso Smith of running backs. Maybe he came in as a high pick thinking he'd have an easy go of it, or didn't practice hard enough.

Either way, a lot of times these guys can turn it around. Sometimes they don't, but it CAN happen. We've seen it many times.

Plus, at the price... if he's a solid back-up who can do some things on special teams, it's a nice value. I think at worst, it'll be a good insurance policy.

Josh must think he's worth a shot after working with him... so it'll be fun to see how it plays out.

baja
09-18-2010, 10:57 AM
True, almost like the Alphonso Smith of running backs. Maybe he came in as a high pick thinking he'd have an easy go of it, or didn't practice hard enough.

Either way, a lot of times these guys can turn it around. Sometimes they don't, but it CAN happen. We've seen it many times.

Plus, at the price... if he's a solid back-up who can do some things on special teams, it's a nice value. I think at worst, it'll be a good insurance policy.

Josh must think he's worth a shot after working with him... so it'll be fun to see how it plays out.

Well the fact he is a running back makes stupid less of an issue.

LonghornBronco
09-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Great idea. Perhaps... lion bionic limbs? If we did that with four other people... we could have them join together and unleash Voltron.

Gold! :afro:

Drek
09-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Me too.

Why?

No one questioned his work ethic in New England and his teammates generally got along with him. He always did everything asked.

The problems that got Maroney out of New England are two fold. First, he's not very bright, so effort has only done so much to fix that. Second, he's not a multi-talented back. He's got two skills at the NFL level, power running and blocking. Both of which go out the window if you ask him to make the reads.

You put him in a specific role, like "on this play you pick up the MLB, no matter what" or "Go get me one yard and just that one yard" and he plays a pretty solid game for you. He isn't 1st round talent in that regard. He needs to be a situational power back, which is what we need from him and nothing more.

gyldenlove
09-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Why?

No one questioned his work ethic in New England and his teammates generally got along with him. He always did everything asked.

The problems that got Maroney out of New England are two fold. First, he's not very bright, so effort has only done so much to fix that. Second, he's not a multi-talented back. He's got two skills at the NFL level, power running and blocking. Both of which go out the window if you ask him to make the reads.

You put him in a specific role, like "on this play you pick up the MLB, no matter what" or "Go get me one yard and just that one yard" and he plays a pretty solid game for you. He isn't 1st round talent in that regard. He needs to be a situational power back, which is what we need from him and nothing more.

You said it yourself, the man makes corrugated cardboard look intelligent, Josh is a fan of people who understands the system.

He is also not a multipurpose player, he is a RB and that is it, he is not consistent enough on pass protection or out of the backfield as a reciever, he dances too much to be a reliable power RB and his ST value is not that good.

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 01:29 PM
You said it yourself, the man makes corrugated cardboard look intelligent, Josh is a fan of people who understands the system.

He is also not a multipurpose player, he is a RB and that is it, he is not consistent enough on pass protection or out of the backfield as a reciever, he dances too much to be a reliable power RB and his ST value is not that good.

He ain't no Travis Henry, that's for sure.

gyldenlove
09-18-2010, 01:35 PM
He ain't no Travis Henry, that's for sure.

He is still a drug habbit, a felony conviction and a baseball team worth of bastard children from that thank god.

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 01:39 PM
He is still a drug habbit, a felony conviction and a baseball team worth of bastard children from that thank god.

And a productive NFL career.

baja
09-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Why?

<b>No one questioned his work ethic in New England and his teammates generally got along with him. He always did everything asked.</b>

You're usually spot on Drek but you missed on this. The single biggest complaint from his team mates and the NE fans about Maroney is he is lazy and an underachiever. Brewski even called him out in the press a couple of years ago. He is not well liked in the locker room.

Re the rest of your post. What happened to "smart" "versatile" "team player"

This is a bit of a desperation move by Josh. True he did not give up much and the risk probably does not outweigh the possible reward but this is not the no brainer you paint it to be.

On a separate note I think you have been slighted. Montrose in his "What if McD is fired" thread uses tsiguy and me as examples of McD apologists, I think you deserve that designation over me, not that there is anything wrong with that. ;D

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 02:02 PM
And a productive NFL career.

You'd rather have Travis Henry in his prime?

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 03:14 PM
You'd rather have Travis Henry in his prime?

In his prime without the off-field issues?

If so, uh, yeah, that's a no brainer.

The MVPlaya
09-18-2010, 03:18 PM
You're usually spot on Drek but you missed on this. The single biggest complaint from his team mates and the NE fans about Maroney is he is lazy and an underachiever. Brewski even called him out in the press a couple of years ago. He is not well liked in the locker room.

Re the rest of your post. What happened to "smart" "versatile" "team player"

This is a bit of a desperation move by Josh. True he did not give up much and the risk probably does not outweigh the possible reward but this is not the no brainer you paint it to be.

On a separate note I think you have been slighted. Montrose in his "What if McD is fired" thread uses tsiguy and me as examples of McD apologists, I think you deserve that designation over me, not that there is anything wrong with that. ;D

If Maroney can run and block, that's more versatility than AP. 8')

Dagmar
09-18-2010, 03:19 PM

So an imaginary character?

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 03:20 PM
So an imaginary character?

Listening to Maroney talk I wouldn't be surprised to have some skeletons pop out of that subhhuman IQ closet.

oubronco
09-18-2010, 03:37 PM

I would rather have kept Hillis

Drek
09-18-2010, 03:42 PM

The general perception most Pats fans and reporters had in New England was that he's just too dumb to put it all together, not actually lazy. At least that is what it was before I moved away from there.

Listening to Maroney talk I wouldn't be surprised to have some skeletons pop out of that subhhuman IQ closet.

I actually really doubt that. I've been on a lot of brownfield jobs throughout the neighborhoods where Maroney grew up. He's universally perceived as the hometown boy made good. He also is perceived as someone who couldn't have made it through high school without football and that football was basically his whole life.

Maroney isn't here to be a stud ball carrier though. All we want him to do is hit the holes on short yardage and give us first downs. He's a replacement for LenDale White and nothing more. I don't think he's a perfect "McDaniels guy" by any stretch, but he's a better option than giving Lance Ball 5 short yardage carries a game or continuing to pound the square peg that is Moreno into that round hole. He fills a role we lost when White got hurt, Fargas never healed, and neither Ball or Hall distinguished themselves. Short of Maroney finally getting it and impressing this season I doubt he's even asked back for 2011 when we can readdress the issue in the draft and have White back healthy.

myMind
09-18-2010, 03:59 PM

College team?

You're an idiot sir, but judging by others reactions to your posts I assume this is common knowledge.

I was watching the game too. Stuff some rags up your **** and get ready to root on your team tomorrow. For ****s sake.

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 04:03 PM

You're a no-brain dude, obviuosly.

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 04:07 PM

Please. You are not in position to denigrate another man's subhuman IQ.

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Please. You are not in position to denigrate another man's subhuman IQ.

Right. You got me. You and MVPlaya graduate from the same hilarious school of comedy?

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Right. You got me. You and MVPlaya graduate from the same hilarious school of comedy?

You're welcome. I'm happy you are finally admitting your psychosis. That's the first step to your final cure.

Dagmar
09-18-2010, 04:55 PM

So you having a fun ol' time criticizing the kid based on nothing but wild speculation?

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 05:31 PM
So you having a fun ol' time criticizing the kid based on nothing but wild speculation?

Wild speculation or his past... he was arrested for soliciting prostitution as a teenager lol.

Popps
09-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Wild speculation or his past... he was arrested for soliciting prostitution as a teenager lol.

This may shock you, bro... but some of these NFL players aren't quite up to your elite IQ level.

Now and again, they're going to say or do something stupid.

For instance, Brandon Marshal.. he managed to say or do something stupid about once a month for all of his adult life.

Popps
09-18-2010, 05:41 PM
A game from a while back when he was starting...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d801c56b7/Laurence-Maroney-highlights-vs-Panthers

Nothing special, but he seems to pick up positive yardage on every play. Looks to have good vision when he just makes a decision and goes with it.

Dagmar
09-18-2010, 05:56 PM
I know, maybe he should spend his Friday nights and entire Saturdays making upwards of 80 posts fighting with about 5 people on the internets.

gyldenlove
09-18-2010, 06:04 PM
This may shock you, bro... but some of these NFL players aren't quite up to your elite IQ level.

For instance, Brandon Marshal.. he managed to say or do something stupid about once a month for all of his adult life.

Guys like Maroney can only dream of achieving that level of sentience. He honestly sounds like the kid who used to eat glue in special ed classes.

I want to see what he can on the field, he looks too much like a dancer, but hopefully he can put that behind him and use some of that bulk he has.

gyldenlove
09-18-2010, 06:07 PM
A game from a while back when he was starting...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d801c56b7/Laurence-Maroney-highlights-vs-Panthers

Nothing special, but he seems to pick up positive yardage on every play. Looks to have good vision when he just makes a decision and goes with it.

On every play except 2 he stopped his forward progress and sidestepped behind the line of scrimmage, on the 2 plays he didn't do it he bounce 1 outside right away and picked up good yards (best rush in that video) and the other he sidestepped right into a tackler 3 or 4 yards beyond the line. He seems to have some kind of pathological hatred of running in a straight line.

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 06:13 PM

Who argued that? I'd agree with the utmost enthusiasm and say 90% of them are borderline mentally handicapped.

baja
09-18-2010, 06:20 PM
On every play except 2 he stopped his forward progress and sidestepped behind the line of scrimmage, on the 2 plays he didn't do it he bounce 1 outside right away and picked up good yards (best rush in that video) and the other he sidestepped right into a tackler 3 or 4 yards beyond the line. He seems to have some kind of pathological hatred of running in a straight line.

I noticed he has his shoes on the wrong feet maybe that's why he runs sideways.

One thing we have learned Hillis was not cut for stupidity.

That said I hope he's a beast for us

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 06:25 PM
I know, maybe he should spend his Friday nights and entire Saturdays making upwards of 80 posts fighting with about 5 people on the internets.

Well that's certainly an exaggeration. Yesterday we had an open house at my daughters school for a while and she passed out afterwards and I don't sleep so I was up playing on here as opposed to leaving her by herself in room to go drinking with friends. Today was T-ball and shopping and then we watched some icarly with some chinese food. Now she's watching Fred and... well, I refuse to do that, so I'm 5 feet away on the computer.

I greatly appreciate your concern for how I spend my time though.

Popps
09-18-2010, 06:41 PM

He was a bit skippy in that game, for sure. He did run for positive yardage, though.

Here's a few more... and a few more straight-line runs...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k1vpMu07iIc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k1vpMu07iIc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He actually looks pretty decent in that collection, imo. I do think the kid has a nose for the endzone.

Steve Sewell
09-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Well that's certainly an exaggeration. Yesterday we had an open house at my daughters school for a while and she passed out afterwards and I don't sleep so I was up playing on here as opposed to leaving her by herself in room to go drinking with friends. Today was T-ball and shopping and then we watched some icarly with some chinese food. Now she's watching Fred and... well, I refuse to do that, so I'm 5 feet away on the computer.

I greatly appreciate your concern for how I spend my time though.

lol I'm watching Fred with my kids too.

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 06:44 PM
lol I'm watching Fred with my kids too.

It's horrible, isn't it? Camp Rock 2 two weeks back I actually enjoyed... this is just ridiculous.

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 06:49 PM

Well, if Maroney is too skippy we still have Ball and Brown that can go in. If they have to bail out the great Maroney, they'll probably get a big kick out of it.

OABB
09-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Fred needs to be raped by a 15 inch aids dripping cock.

That kid has ruined my hole perception on talent. What a little ******.

Icarly rocks though. I watch that and I'm a 32 year old man with no kids.

Requiem
09-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah, Maroney liked to party at in the Cities. So did Barber III. So did all their other wild-time running backs like Gary Russell. Whatever reason, the U of M attracts the crazies at the RB position.

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 07:56 PM

Whoo boy, SoCal's rant about how Bowlen should be raped by a 15 inch AID's dripping cock hasn't been brought up in a while. But it's fair game, and good that you brought it up to show how maybe it's not so good to make an ass of oneself.

ZONA
09-18-2010, 09:05 PM
No question I would rather give the job to someone who was hungry than some underachieving NE j-wad who is picked up because he was "there" for the record breaking offense of 2007. I respect the fact that he is willing to cut bait but there is a reason a first rounder in 06 is being traded.

That's what they said about the kid in Cincy also. He's only shredding defenses now unlike he did in Chicago. We'll see soon enough what he has.

Steve Sewell
09-18-2010, 09:22 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/chris_hansen.jpg

In all seriousness though, I hate Fred.

But iCarly is something I can actually watch with the kids. That, and Spongebob...thats about it. I'm 33 btw lol

TheReverend
09-18-2010, 09:38 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/chris_hansen.jpg

In all seriousness though, I hate Fred.

But iCarly is something I can actually watch with the kids. That, and Spongebob...thats about it. I'm 33 btw lol

Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, Jonas LA and Phineas and Ferb are all tolerable for adults. Phineas and Ferb is downright awesome though.

TomServo
09-19-2010, 01:33 AM
That's what they said about the kid in Cincy also. He's only shredding defenses now unlike he did in Chicago. We'll see soon enough what he has. just like brett favre, that kid almost drank himself out of the league, the bears made the right move in cutting him. and even since he has pending legal problems.