PDA

View Full Version : End of the road for David Kircus

The MVPlaya
09-17-2010, 10:43 PM
End of the road for David Kircus

Posted by Mike Florio on September 17, 2010 10:09 PM ET
Former Lions and Broncos wideout David Kircus, whose career consisted of only 15 receptions for 308 yards and one touchdown, is better known beating up a guy and once working at a Subway restaurant between NFL gigs.

And also for passing a Mike Shanahan lie-detector test.

Kircus has been trying to make a comeback in the UFL, as a member of the Omaha Nighthawks. But only a week before the team's debut, Kircus has been cut.

The UFL announced the move today.

Kircus filed for bankruptcy protection earlier this year in the face of a civil judgment in excess of $100,000 held by the man whom Kircus beat up to trigger his troubles in Denver.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/17/end-of-the-road-for-david-kircus/

BroncoDoug
09-17-2010, 10:47 PM
He had no idea who he was

theAPAOps5
09-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Do you know what I am capable of!

broncocalijohn
09-17-2010, 11:10 PM
If he needs to save some cash flow, I bet Dicky Lyons is looking for a roomie. Two, bad, white dudes. One backs it up and one looks like a chump.

Los Broncos
09-18-2010, 12:09 AM
5 dollar foot longs.

BroncoBuff
09-18-2010, 12:28 AM
5 dollar foot longs.

Ha! ... I think that pretty much sums it up.

Boomhauer
09-18-2010, 02:57 AM
Was the leading receiver for LasVegas last year as they won the championship, averaged 20yrds/catch with the Broncos and has also practiced with the CFL. Doubt this is the "End of the road" just because he was cut, but it's your sensationalist thread.

Aardvark
09-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Oh no...I better get a different adoptee...

missingnumber7
09-18-2010, 07:39 AM
i heard subway was looking for a few good sandwich makers.

Cool Breeze
09-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Kircus has been trying to make a comeback in the UFL, as a member of the Omaha Nighthawks. But only a week before the team's debut, Kircus has been cut.

Clearly he's been working hard

Kircus filed for bankruptcy protection earlier this year in the face of a civil judgment in excess of $100,000 held by the man whom Kircus beat up to trigger his troubles in Denver.

What a loser move. He should have thought before he swung.

Kaylore
09-18-2010, 08:08 AM
He reminded me of Ed McCaffrey.

Cool Breeze
09-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Was the leading receiver for LasVegas last year as they won the championship, averaged 20yrds/catch with the Broncos and has also practiced with the CFL. Doubt this is the "End of the road" just because he was cut, but it's your sensationalist thread.

Then why isn't he still playing for Las Vegas?

Then why did he get cut from the Omaha Toiletbowls?

Whether it's work ethic, alcohol, or poor decision making -
It does indeed look like the end of the road!

FAIL!!! Ha!

HAT
09-18-2010, 08:20 AM
he reminded me of ed mccaffrey.

:strong:

theAPAOps5
09-18-2010, 08:24 AM

http://www.funnypictureblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/NotSureIfSerious.jpg

bowtown
09-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Once you've been hooked up to Shanahan's polygraph machine, it's over.

Goobzilla
09-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Even with the Kircus release, the Omaha roster is loaded with Ex-Broncos

PJ Alexander
Maurice Clarett
Nic Clemons
Mitch Erickson
George Foster
Nick Greisen
Calvin Lowry
Jeb Putzier
Demetrin Veal

Naggle Nole
09-19-2010, 10:21 AM

PJ Alexander
Maurice Clarett
Nic Clemons
Mitch Erickson
George Foster
Nick Greisen
Calvin Lowry
Jeb Putzier
Demetrin Veal

Dear God what a list of fail
The really embarrassing part is that included in there is a 3rd round pick who never played a down and a 1st round pick who never should have

Popps
09-19-2010, 10:33 AM

O.K... I thought you were just a bad poster, but this is a joke, right? You're an alter ego?

No one is really this desperate for attention. It's not possible.

Popps
09-19-2010, 10:36 AM

PJ Alexander
Maurice Clarett
Nic Clemons
Mitch Erickson
George Foster
Nick Greisen
Calvin Lowry
Jeb Putzier
Demetrin Veal

Someone posted a stat a few days back that something like half of our starters from 07 aren't with NFL teams any more. Pretty frightening.

I'd suspect that there's not a single on of our starters who would end up out of the league if we released them today.