PDA

View Full Version : I've Got To Post A Nice Madden Story Tonight...

RhymesayersDU
09-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey all, I know Madden players don't generally like reading other people's "epic wins" and long drawn out stories of video game heroics. It's much like fantasy football. You care about your team and not your friend's. So I'll try and keep it short. But I have to post it, because some of you Madden players should be happy that for once, a normal online player won. Here goes:

I'm the Broncos versus the Eagles. Vick subbed in immediately. Guy being a jerk with Vick. Running back 30 yards, scrambling like crazy and unloading bombs. Being a jerk, cheesing, whatever you want to call it. Abusing the system.

But I stick with him. With 2 minutes left, I'm down 7 with the ball. I go down to the 12 yard line, my drive stalls, and I turn it over on downs with 2 ticks left. Like the jerk he is, he decides to run a play. I put my defense in goal line for the hell of it. I get to Vick, force a fumble, and return it. I go for 2, I get it. GAME OVER.

Look... Maybe this isn't that exciting. I know that for some of you, stopping these guys is easy. I know somebody who is going to say "just run -insert defense here- and stopping Vick is so easy!" I'm an average player, and I'm always getting abused by these kinds of people online. I ran contains, I had a spy most of the game, etc. I threw everything I could at him, and he still basically moved the ball at will. I'm not as good as others I guess. So for me, this was a win that is probably one of my most satisfying ever.

Anyways, that's it. The end. Flame away.

OABB
09-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Cool starry bra.

BroncosinDC
09-17-2010, 10:16 PM
And then you found $5?

theAPAOps5
09-17-2010, 10:20 PM
We're going streaking, through the quad.

spdirty
09-17-2010, 10:37 PM
I love beating those guys. I also love beating em down to the point where they quit. But the way you did it had to be extremely satisfying. Congrats. And i mean that from the heart. Not a sarcastic congrats but a real congrats.:thumbsup:

RhymesayersDU
09-17-2010, 10:43 PM
I love beating those guys. I also love beating em down to the point where they quit. But the way you did it had to be extremely satisfying. Congrats. And i mean that from the heart. Not a sarcastic congrats but a real congrats.:thumbsup:

Like I said... Why I'm so happy over it is that these guys ALWAYS abuse the hell out of me. And finally I catch one of them.

easymobee
09-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Hate these kinds of players. If their bs doesn't work and they fall behind a few TDs early, they just quit. If their BS does work, they have no problem opening up a 70 point lead on you.

I did a lot of online play the 1st year it was available on PS2, I'm thinking they've fixed some of the cheating by now, but I don't know for sure.

I don't know how or whatever, but I would play someone and somehow I would magically have 7 fumbles and 3 INTs by the 2 minute warning of the 1st half .... and be in a 63 to 3 (if lucky) hole by then. Game genie or something? Haven't played so much since, it was almost like you had to only find the guys with a losing record to get a decent strait up game.

Worst was the one time I took my madden over to a neighbors house that had been all over me to play. 1 minute into the game he is going for it on 4th and about 19 from his own end zone ..... obviously he quit before halftime. I even let the mf'er have a 1st down once to see if it would straighten him out, but no.

Nothing worse than actually sitting next to one of these jagoffs while you are playing them.

Btw he did pick the Vick-led falcons.

Florida_Bronco
09-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Nice win.

What's your general strategy when playing? Do you try to keep a balanced run/pass ratio or do you follow the Madden way and go pass happy?

easymobee
09-18-2010, 12:43 AM
I always pick a team with a decently fast MLB (or LBer in general and move him to MLB) to combat the dorks (including my friends) who decide to pick a team and use their QB as eric crouch.

From there I mostly pick D's that give the MLB little to no coverage responsabilities and then I just freelance. If Seth from Omaha beats me, good for him, but generally I just cover those duties myself.

Without starting a new thread, what do you all look for in a team before you pick it?

I look for a great LBer

1 great CB and at least 1, if not 2 good CBs after the shutdown. I like to be able to run a decent nickle package with good doses of man to man for much of the game. Even if the 3rd CB is in to cover the RB or TE.

Good OL

at least a slightly above average QB or better.

RhymesayersDU
09-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Nice win.

What's your general strategy when playing? Do you try to keep a balanced run/pass ratio or do you follow the Madden way and go pass happy?

Well... I'd be lying if I said I ran the ball a lot. As always, it depends on who I'm facing. If I jump out to an early lead, I'm more prone to running the ball. And in fact, Moreno isn't bad in this game at all.

But if I'm in a shoot out, yeah I go pass happy. Because then it's more about keeping up, keeping the score close, and hopefully having the ball last. Also, if the guy is blitzing a lot or getting easy pressure, I get into various shotgun formations and try and get the ball out quick.

McDman
09-18-2010, 07:32 AM
I found ten dollars on the ground last night. True story.

Broncoman13
09-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Awesome. I have had wins like that before, where my opponent has a 14 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the game and he's trying to pass the ball down field. Seems like the ghost of Madden steps in and says, you gonna lose sucker. Anyhow, I usually do the same thing. If I'm behind in a game like that and have some amazing comeback, I go for two... get the win and then usually send a quick message. You know, something nice like "gg...you ****ING IDIOT" :)

Hey all, I know Madden players don't generally like reading other people's "epic wins" and long drawn out stories of video game heroics. It's much like fantasy football. You care about your team and not your friend's. So I'll try and keep it short. But I have to post it, because some of you Madden players should be happy that for once, a normal online player won. Here goes:

I'm the Broncos versus the Eagles. Vick subbed in immediately. Guy being a jerk with Vick. Running back 30 yards, scrambling like crazy and unloading bombs. Being a jerk, cheesing, whatever you want to call it. Abusing the system.

But I stick with him. With 2 minutes left, I'm down 7 with the ball. I go down to the 12 yard line, my drive stalls, and I turn it over on downs with 2 ticks left. Like the jerk he is, he decides to run a play. I put my defense in goal line for the hell of it. I get to Vick, force a fumble, and return it. I go for 2, I get it. GAME OVER.

Look... Maybe this isn't that exciting. I know that for some of you, stopping these guys is easy. I know somebody who is going to say "just run -insert defense here- and stopping Vick is so easy!" I'm an average player, and I'm always getting abused by these kinds of people online. I ran contains, I had a spy most of the game, etc. I threw everything I could at him, and he still basically moved the ball at will. I'm not as good as others I guess. So for me, this was a win that is probably one of my most satisfying ever.

Anyways, that's it. The end. Flame away.

Broncoman13
09-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Nice win.

I've been playing a lot more NCAA than Madden this year. But either way, my strategy is to run, run, and playaction pass.

On NCAA you have the added element of the option. I play with the 'Horns and always recruit a QB with speed in the B to A+ range. That way when I have a 3rd and 4, I can break out the option and have a pretty good chance of getting that first down with a QB that has 85-89 speed and a RB that has 89-94 speed. The graphics are better in Madden, but you have so many more options in NCAA. Both are fun though.

But yeah, strategy is to run to open up the pass. Run some play action. Then try to get them to blitz. Run, run, counter-run, run, counter-run... by that point, if you've got a first down or two they are usually run blitzing... Screen (RB) for the big play.

Broncoman13
09-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Well... I'd be lying if I said I ran the ball a lot. As always, it depends on who I'm facing. If I jump out to an early lead, I'm more prone to running the ball. And in fact, Moreno isn't bad in this game at all.

But if I'm in a shoot out, yeah I go pass happy. Because then it's more about keeping up, keeping the score close, and hopefully having the ball last. Also, if the guy is blitzing a lot or getting easy pressure, I get into various shotgun formations and try and get the ball out quick.

Use more screens... especially if they're blitzing. Roll your QB away from the screen side, you'll get pressure but will be able to make the pass and usually have two blockers to take care of three guys. The third you can truck/juke/stiff arm. I'm like Peyton Manning or Drew Brees if they keep blitzing me... I will make you pay, biatch. ;D

LOL

Flex Gunmetal
09-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Good job bro.
Last night I played the cowgirls and the vick-eagles. Had the girls 27-7 with 2 mins left in the half and he quit. Moreno had 2 tds and 110 yds in 1.5 quarters. 1 defensive td (fumble return by cox) and a gaffney TD.
Destroyed the eagles w/ vick using DE contain and zones to the flats. I use Run n Gun and Multiple D playbooks.
With the CBs we have man is tough for the short game. I usually run zones on 3rd down. Moving doom around helps a ton. In nickle and dime he and ayers are ends. Actually they are on the line in every formation save 3-4.
Orton is money in this game. Even on some deep throws. I changed up the depth chart a little.
I use DJ and Woody in the middle, ayers and doom outside. McBean and Bannan bookend a rotation of Williams and Fields. Cox #3, Quan is #4. I give up just over 200 yds and ~14 pts a game.
JD is my starting center and beadles is my RG. Gaff is #1, Decker is #2, Royal in the slot and Bay Bay @#4.
Moreno is beast mode if you can be patient. I get around 120 and 2 td a game. If you can control the clock you will win. Tebow is fun on fake FGs (He's my #2) and every once in a while I'll use him on the goal line. The new QB sneak sucks, the qb just dives at the centers feet.

All in all the broncos are a good squad if you can stick to a gameplan and be patient. Moreno fumbles once every 3 or 4 games, but he can be an absolute workhorse (wildcat end run with the Bucky taking the snap and Moreno taking the handoff to the outside is good for 15+ every time if you can see your blocks.) W/ Moreno, never use turbo till you are pretty deep in the 2nd level. Once you hit turbo your linemen get retarded and you can't get blocks to save your life.

/unsolicited advice.

spdirty
09-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Without starting a new thread, what do you all look for in a team before you pick it?

I always pick the Broncos. And if they suck I'm screwed. If someone else wants the Broncos I don't play. I know its weird, but Ive always felt I was committing heresy if I ever went with someone else. Plus we got Doom and DJ so.

Mogulseeker
09-18-2010, 10:26 AM
I found ten dollars on the ground last night. True story.

I found 2 euros in my pocket the other day. Got me two 1-euro Heinekens at the local pub. Oh and get this they had the Steelers-Falcons game on (started late cause they had just played the Liverpool-Birmingham football match). True story.

Mogulseeker
09-18-2010, 10:27 AM
That said. Anything positive that happens to a fellow DU alum, is a good thing in my book.

Flex Gunmetal
09-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I always pick the Broncos. And if they suck I'm screwed. If someone else wants the Broncos I don't play. I know its weird, but Ive always felt I was committing heresy if I ever went with someone else. Plus we got Doom and DJ so.

Same here.

maher_tyler
09-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't play that way at all but one time i was playing a guy and was up by 7..like 5 seconds to go..i threw a pick 6, he went for 2..got it and ended the game..i couldn't even be mad but i shut my PS off after that lol...

Requiem
09-18-2010, 12:14 PM
I went 28-1 on Call of Duty last night. True story!

RhymesayersDU
09-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Good job bro.
Last night I played the cowgirls and the vick-eagles. Had the girls 27-7 with 2 mins left in the half and he quit. Moreno had 2 tds and 110 yds in 1.5 quarters. 1 defensive td (fumble return by cox) and a gaffney TD.
Destroyed the eagles w/ vick using DE contain and zones to the flats. I use Run n Gun and Multiple D playbooks.
With the CBs we have man is tough for the short game. I usually run zones on 3rd down. Moving doom around helps a ton. In nickle and dime he and ayers are ends. Actually they are on the line in every formation save 3-4.
Orton is money in this game. Even on some deep throws. I changed up the depth chart a little.
I use DJ and Woody in the middle, ayers and doom outside. McBean and Bannan bookend a rotation of Williams and Fields. Cox #3, Quan is #4. I give up just over 200 yds and ~14 pts a game.
JD is my starting center and beadles is my RG. Gaff is #1, Decker is #2, Royal in the slot and Bay Bay @#4.
Moreno is beast mode if you can be patient. I get around 120 and 2 td a game. If you can control the clock you will win. Tebow is fun on fake FGs (He's my #2) and every once in a while I'll use him on the goal line. The new QB sneak sucks, the qb just dives at the centers feet.

All in all the broncos are a good squad if you can stick to a gameplan and be patient. Moreno fumbles on
ce every 3 or 4 games, but he can be an absolute workhorse (wildcat end run with the Bucky taking the snap and Moreno taking the handoff to the outside is good for 15+ every time if you can see your blocks.) W/ Moreno, never use turbo till you are pretty deep in the 2nd level. Once you hit turbo your linemen get retarded and you can't get blocks to save your life.

/unsolicited advice.

Interesting. Ill try some of that stuff.

Doggcow
09-18-2010, 04:15 PM
On another note. New Madden sucks dick.

Doggcow
09-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Good job bro.

All in all the broncos are a good squad if you can stick to a gameplan and be patient. Moreno fumbles once every 3 or 4 games, but he can be an absolute workhorse (wildcat end run with the Bucky taking the snap and Moreno taking the handoff to the outside is good for 15+ every time if you can see your blocks.) W/ Moreno, never use turbo till you are pretty deep in the 2nd level. Once you hit turbo your linemen get retarded and you can't get blocks to save your life.

/unsolicited advice.

Unless they changed it... There was no sprint in this madden....

McDman
09-18-2010, 05:02 PM
I found 2 euros in my pocket the other day. Got me two 1-euro Heinekens at the local pub. Oh and get this they had the Steelers-Falcons game on (started late cause they had just played the Liverpool-Birmingham football match). True story.

Isn't it awesome when you find money you didn't know you had? Alcohol is always a good way to spend it cause it's like free liquor.

McDman
09-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I went 28-1 on Call of Duty last night. True story!

Impressive. I got Halo and it just can't compete with MW2. I was tempted to take it back but I figured I'd give it another try.

Steve Sewell
09-18-2010, 05:07 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/lu3z6.gif

broncocalijohn
09-18-2010, 05:29 PM
If the message isnt "John Madden will never slobber on television again and unlike his love interest Favre, he will never come out of retirement" then I am not interested.

BroncoDoug
09-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Unless they changed it... There was no sprint in this madden....

There was always sprint in this madden. The default setting has it turned off though....